About Clear Estimates

Clear Estimates is a construction estimating system for remodelers and contractors which allows them to create estimates, produce bid requests, draft proposals, manage customers and more. It integrates with QuickBooks and allows...

All Clear Estimates Reviews Apply filters

Browse Clear Estimates Reviews

Ricardo G.

Reviewed on 20/03/2021

Happy

I can estimate a price with out worry to check on material price at stores

Pros

Pricing updated , costumer support. Able to convert to a written estimate

Cons

Able to track a job proses , send invoice ,

Kyle H.

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Over all I am very satisfied with the program.

Pros

Easy to put together an estimate with in minutes.

Cons

Reports page needs more options. You should be able to put the disclaimer, project disruption etc... any where you would like. Right now it’s gets all jumbled at the top of e proposals.

Arnold M.

Reviewed on 09/02/2017

My Clear estimate review.

I've been using Clear estimates software for about 4 years and the Program is very compatible with other programs out there. What makes Clear estimate different is that it is user-friendly and the layout of the program is very professional. When I hand my estimate over to my customer it's very well laid out and detailed . What I like most about Clear estimate Besides it's layout it pretty much covers all the trades. But the best thing is that it's very affordable for contractors like me that runs a small business.

Pros

What I like most about this software is being able to set up Parts & Templates which makes putting together an estimate a lot faster which means you have more time to oversee your business.

Cons

The thing I least like about this software is not being able to use it for insurance work. What I mean by that is some jobs I get may be from insurance companies and the estimate might call for dehumidifiers and fans board ups stuff like that. But I can get by with it.

Wes B.

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

Clear Estimates software review from Wes Ballinger.

The software works great. The templates are very good, but it is also very easy to customize. I am very happy to have the service.

Pros

The fact that you have gone online is great. Not needing to backup my database is wonderful.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Wes,

Thank you for the review. We strive to provide you with a great estimating tool. When you have success, we do to!

Dave L.

Reviewed on 25/07/2016

Time saver software

We went from producing our own excel sheets to the Clear Estimates program. What a difference that made in time savings to produce estimate, as well as producing a more accurate estimate.

Pros

There is a huge database of options with fairly accurate starting points for labor estimates. We are "Jacks of all Trades", so it's difficult to estimate labor without these guidelines.

Cons

I need to educate myself more on templates for time savings. I'm looking forward to watching the free Webinars to learn how to set these templates up.

Response from Clear Estimates

Dave, it seems that many of our clients have switched over from excel spreadsheets. We're glad you are finding our software much more helpful and easier to use. Take advantage of those templates! Thanks for your time with us. - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 04/08/2016
Ryan T.

Reviewed on 23/07/2016

Great software

I have had great success with the software. I like how I can log on anywhere and pull up an estimate

Pros

Keeps all my estimates organized. Great price for what you get. Customer service is awesome

Cons

There are so many more things that need to be added to the database. I use xactimate for insurance losses but id like to be able to use this software as xactimate is very pricey

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Ryan, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. We are glad to hear our software is having a positive effect on your estimating process. - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 17/08/2016
Cirilo R.

Reviewed on 16/04/2017

Clear estimates software

I recommend this software to everyone who is any kind of business very easy to use does not need any training

Pros

I have to type anything I just select what I need and all price out labor and materials in the best software

Cons

I do my estimates in five minutes and I am very happy with it and the customer services is very high quality when I ask a question I get the answer right away.

Aristede H.

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Nothing more nothing less

As we say in New Orleans “Easy Breezy”

Pros

It meets my need 100%. I can store customer info and pull up in field.

Cons

There’s nothing to dislike about it. I knew what I was looking for in an estimating software program and Clear Estimates was the perfect collaboration.

Richard C.

Reviewed on 14/09/2017

Clear Estimates

Try it, youll love it!

Pros

Cheap and Easy to use, and can quickly put together your quote pre-written data base is included with your monthly subscription.

Cons

Needs just a little more added to its data base in way of simplistic handyman project's and more added to the template section.

Doug D.

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Great product

Pros

I loved that this software took guessing out of estimation and helped me to earn far more in projects by helping me to account for all aspects of the projects. Multifaceted and well designed. Very helpful customer service. Highly recommend.

Cons

There is some layout design that could be changed to make using it easier. This being said, I only did minimal training on the program so this may have held me back some.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Doug! Thanks for taking the time to write this. We're happy you found Clear Estimates a useful tool in accounting for all aspects of an estimate. It's important to know your numbers! Thanks again, Doug. - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 03/04/2019
Bob S.

Reviewed on 02/03/2017

"Must have estimating software for your business."

I Love the products features and flexibility. I used to leave "money on the table". Now my bids are market accurate. My profitability has never been better. Hope to continue winning business with Clear Estimates.

Pros

Accurate market pricing of labor and materials on a regional and national basis.

Cons

Report layout customization could be a bit more flexible .

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Bob,

Thank you for the kind words. We're happy to hear our pricing is accurate for your area and that you're finding our tool flexible and useful. Happy estimating!

- The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 07/03/2017
Vaibhav M.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/12/2018

Big relief if you need quick estimates

Pros

I always believe estimating software cannot make decent estimates, but I am wrong this time. Clear estimates give you better understanding of estimates and generates one at simple couple of clicks. A quick customized estimate is the only thing that a small contractor would need. This is neat and reliable. Would recommend to all estimators

Cons

Once a labour portion is added to your master database it uses it for all of the project created from that time on wards. Perhaps I am not getting it right, or may be its my limitations to use it, but if different labour rates for different projects in specific town could be added, it would be much helpful.

Guadalupe L.

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Clear Estimates has definitely improved the efficiency of our Estimating Department!

I would recommend this program anytime, and would advise the developers to make the ease of use with a little bit more steps!!

Pros

It is somewhat easy to use after you have been trained, it gives you the ability to do your job costing before a job is started. You can keep customer database as well as pricing information very easily.

Cons

One of the cons is that they charged 59 for every user, they should have a group rate!

Response from Clear Estimates

This person has never used Clear Estimates. This is not an actual review. We apologize for the inconvenience. - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 05/12/2018
Sam F.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/03/2017

Clear Estimates Game Changer

I run a small construction company with the estimating program it makes my business look very professional. The proposal print out at the end of the bidding process is very detailed oriented which the customers love. I like everything about it. Quick, easy to work with and very professional.

Pros

It's easy to use.

Cons

Have to add parts on my own for certain jobs this program does not incorporate

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the review. We're happy our proposals increase your professional appearance. Our goal is to help you win bids, when you're doing so, we are happy!

Thanks again,

The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 13/03/2017
Jason M.

Reviewed on 02/01/2018

Great platform that makes bidding quick and easy.

We secured a couple jobs with it. The program makes bidding quick and easy

Pros

Great value for the money. They are very helpful in getting you set up with "how to" videos and support.

Cons

This is great for those bidding frequently. If I were to make a suggestion, it would be to have a pay-per-bid option for people who only do 3-4 bids a month.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Jason! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do our best to update and rethink our tutorial videos focusing on getting users familiar with Clear Estimates quickly. We're thrilled to hear Clear Estimates has help make bidding quick and easy. Thanks for the suggestion. That is definitely something I will run by our team. Thanks again for your time with us! - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 03/01/2018
Tomas S.

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Pros

ease of use and software ease, the ease of putting together solid bids

Cons

doesn't save first, changes are auto updating

Ray W.

Reviewed on 22/08/2014

Great product.

I have been using this product for at least 3 years now and do enjoy using it. it has won many a bid. It does lack pricing on impact windows , and pricing on roof trusses are off. there are some small items that i have had to add myself to the list but it was easy to do.

Response from Clear Estimates

Ray, thank you for the kind words. We're so happy Clear Estimates has helped you win a number of bids. Keep up the good work! - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 03/08/2016
Chris G.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

overall experience

Pros

the customer support was very good and the price was affordable.

Cons

there was a few areas that were hard to use.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Chris - Thanks for taking the time to write this. We're thrilled to hear our support team was able to assist with any questions you may have had. We would love to know what was hard about the program, too. We're always making updates based on user feedback! A member of our team will reach out shortly. - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 11/09/2018
Gary A.

Reviewed on 15/03/2012

Clear Estimates is a great choice

Excellent software for remodelers!

Pros

Clear Estimates has been working great for me. Whenever I have questions, Mike Kinville's help has been invaluable.

Cons

None that I can think of

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the feedback. We are glad to see Clear Estimates has been a good fit for you!

Todd F.

Reviewed on 13/02/2012

I have been using Clear Estimates for several months now and I love it. This program has raised my revenue 70%.

John L.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Estimate review

Very easy and convient to use out in the field.

Pros

It's really easy to use . I like how it helps with prices and any questions I have I get a same day response. Very happy with software.

Cons

I won't let me send as a text message only email.

Mark B.

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Perfect Answer to Estimating

Been with them from the start up , great customer service and always striving to make things better
for remodeling estimating .
We searched and tried many other software options for estimating our large projects , maintenance , and repairs and were pleased to find CE nailed it for quoting everything we do and almost instantly made our estimating chore quick and painless.

Pros

User Friendly / Excellent adjustable database / Easy to make proposal changes for re-submittal /Proposals that Clients Complement Every time

Cons

No Cons with this software , we adjusted to fit our needs .

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Mark! Thank you for taking the time to write this. We've appreciated your support over the years. It means a lot to us to know that Clear Estimates has been a helpful solution for your estimating needs. We do our best to continually update the program based on customer feedback. We hope you are enjoying the new changes! - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 16/11/2018
Jon W.

Reviewed on 01/10/2016

works FLAWLESSLY

I've been using "CLEAR ESTIMATES" for about 6 months. I put very little time into learning how to use this software, (I basically jumped right in) and the estimates get done flawlessly. If I have a question I go to the tutorial videos and they walk me right thru it, and if there's a question I can't find an answer to. (Hasn't happened yet) I can press the question mark at the bottom of the page and there's someone from "Clear Estimates" there to answer. They did quite a job building this software and putting all the videos and webinars together. I should also add, the videos and webinars are free. I started out using a different estimating software, from a well known company. It was a huge headache. There was zero support, No training videos, just a class that was available once every 6 months for $500. They can't hold a candle to "Clear Estimates" last estimating software you'll ever need.

Pros

Professional looking, easy to use. VERY EFFECTIVE

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi Jon, thanks for the kind words! We are so glad to have had you on board for the last several months. Happy estimating! - The Clear Estimates Team

Replied 12/10/2016
Richard C.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016

Clear Estimates is number 1 of it's kind!

Pros

This software site has a definite ease of accessibility, you can quickly visit the app and input customer information and pull up a detail proposal on you project in a respectively short amount of time

Cons

Only real drawback I've seen is that the templates and available data need to be added to. There is a mountain of data available to provide quotes on projects but there could be much much more, I've many times run into a situation where that pricing simply isn't here. However this app is the best in it's field based on price, accessibility, and output of the required paperwork once you've properly setup your account with your personal information.

John K.

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

Best So Far

I don't don't think any estimating program out there is exactly a perfect fit, but this this one comes as close as I've tried.

Pros

Flexibility, customizable, great support and now on the cloud.

Cons

There is a number of things I would like to change to fit us better but it is excellent for the most part.

Response from Clear Estimates

Hi John,

Thanks for the kind words. We're glad you find the flexibility and customization of Clear Estimates useful.