Quickbase Reviews

About Quickbase

Quickbase is a no-code collaborative work management platform that empowers citizen developers to improve operations through real-time insights and automations across complex processes and disparate systems. Here's why Quickbase...

4.1
4.2

Browse Quickbase Reviews

George
George

Reviewed on 22/02/2016

Quickbase: the the missing link between applications and and business owners

I have used Quickbase for about 2 years now, and I have needed to create the application for my company from scratch.
After having dabbled with the likes of designing a SQL or Access database, to creating a seemingly easier FileMaker application, Quickbase ended up winning those, hands down.

From a UI/UX perspective, Quickbase is a very intuitive products. You will immediately notice the attention to detail in designing this product the very first time you run into an error in a formula, or any design element. All feedback from the application is so detailed to the point where it practically resolves the issue for you. No other application has ever done that for me.

Furthermore, it allows even a non-technical user create fairly complex applications that are far from achievable using a normal database product.

Even if you are looking to create certain more advanced functionality in Quickbase, for instance, interacting with other applications via the API, you have native connectors within Quickbase which is constantly growing, and you can use applications like Zapier to further than integration without requiring any programming knowledge.

I can write about the benefits of this application for pages, but, I will just say that, if you are drowning in Excel sheets to run your business, and have no way to link your data in an elegant way, do yourself a favor, and check out Quickbase for this purpose.

Pros

- Easy of use (Great UI/UX)
- Flexible Interface
- Scalable
- Supports a full API for integration to virtually any other application
- Allows for scaling to a multi-user application, allowing for complex workflows to match business process.
- It's a mature product, which means that you would hard pressed to ask a question that hasn't already been answered by one of the Quickbase geniuses in the community forums.
- The community support is fantastic, and their support is very quick and efficient.

Cons

- Reports are not easily formattable. So, if you want to send out reports to your clients, or internally within the company, you would have to resort to 3rd party tools to allow for such functionality.
I'm hoping that Quickbase will work on this particular aspect of their reporting in future releases.

Response from Quickbase

Thanks for the fantastic review, George! Glad to hear QuickBase is working for you and your organization. We are always working to enhance QuickBase -- including updating our reporting options -- so please stay tuned for great new features in the future!

Replied 23/02/2016
Lillian
Lillian

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Fields, reports and dashboards can be easily added

Developers can alter Quickbase's structures to better suit their needs, including the app's forms, tables, and fields. It paves the way for us to utilize coding to create unique buttons and code pages for our software.

Pros

It's a fantastic resource for keeping track of my daily tasks and the progress of open tickets. I use this fantastic drill down tool at least five times an hour to assess the next steps and plan accordingly.

Cons

Many times when we've reported an issue, we haven't heard back from the support team after the initial interaction, or the ticket has been closed abruptly. The problem we're having right now is that users can access the data in a hidden tab.

Nathaniel
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

NOT FOR SMALL BUSINESS

Negative - leaving a bad taste.

Pros

The features of Quickbase are great. That is undeniable. The features allow for data integrity through the entire creation and implementation of it. User Roles came in handy to keep data secure from within the company. There are a lot of tools to accomplish almost any data point that is trying to get captured.

Cons

The biggest con is the way they have backed my company into a bad position. We had a rep that helped us get a plan that worked for our company, tailored to us. Quick base just came back this year and stated we needed to double our user count and were going to see a price increase on top of user count. So the tailored plan we started with in 2018 was no longer available. We tried to work with Quickbase Account Rep. to no avail. We are now in the process of switching to another vendor. So if you are a small business looking into Quick base, my word of advice is STAY AWAY! They get you using their platform, then you see the price hikes later, like in the middle of a pandemic. Good business model.
-Disgruntled Database Admin

Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Quickbase

We are choosing the other product now. More tailored experience. No min user count.

Top Quickbase Alternatives

Salesforce CPQ & Billing

Microsoft Project

Maddie
Maddie
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 15/08/2023

Quickbase helps us design websites without coding

Quickbase is a useful tool for solving common business problems, such as inventory management, because it facilitates the rapid creation of applications that are compatible with all display and mobile device sizes.

Pros

All of our previous issues with program administration and data tracking have been eliminated by using Quickbase. Our operations and sales teams can now work together more effectively than ever before thanks to the applications we developed for them.

Cons

The sole drawback of Quickbase is that it requires you to use their own proprietary formulas. Finding what you're looking for and double-checking your UI usage is going to take a little more time. Having an in-house resource with coding experience has been a huge boon.

Cody

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Quick Base is a solid way to visualize and share data with controls

I have used Quick Base for a long time, and can get around easier than many of my colleagues. I view that as a mark against Quick Base, but overall it serves well as a place to store and visualize data for a distributed team.

Pros

Quick Base is a solid way to visualize and share data with controls. It serves well as a data repository and tool for displaying large data sets.

Cons

Not as intuitive as some of the competitors, sometimes it takes 2-3 menu clicks to get where you're going.

Josh
Josh

Reviewed on 09/05/2023

Quickbase apps are best when envisioned and built by the Business Users

Education of internal Quickbase builders is key to bringing together the above ideas. Business professionals at your company can learn about and capitalize on Quickbase's foundational building blocks with the help of a teacher. Say your company needs a particular app ASAP, and you don't want to go through the traditional iterative cycles with IT professionals to build it. Rather you prever to ask a Quickbase teacher to help YOU do the work. You can learn the basic Quickbase underpinnings as much as you feel comfortable with. When you get to parts that you don't know how to build, just ask for more knowledge, and you will be surprised how fast you can absorb the wizardry of Quickbase. Obviously there are some parts of complex apps that might benefit from building by fully vested Quickbase consultants. However, just by knowing the basics of how Quickbase works, you will be interfacing with those consultants much more efficiently and rewardingly.From my IT / Quickbase teacher perspective, the most powerful part of Quickbase is teaching Quickbase builders on the inside of companies. I help them to build their dreams. Dreams that only they can envision, as they are the most experienced with the business details. Many of my successful Quickbase consulting engagements have lasted five to ten years in length, and started with a client who wanted to learn. It is better for everyone involved. Your end-users will enjoy the interfaces better as well.

Pros

I have worked with databases for thirty years, but Quickbase stands apart from all other platforms I've used. Because Quickbase is low-code, non-IT professionals can master it. In my previous platforms, IT professionals (me) were required to do most if-not-all implementation and configuration. However with Quickbase, a company's Office Administrator, Quality Controller, Production Lead, Project Manager, Event Planner, etc can be the core builder of apps. After all those people know way more of the day-to-day operations of the slice of the business. We IT professionals spend our time learning and working on databases, but Quickbase is so accessible by non-IT folks that their hands-on building can greatly enhance the end result of all data app builds. If your company makes high-end medical equipment, then would you rather have the Head of Quality Controller be the lead architect and builder of your QC apps, or an IT professional who has zero experience controlling your product quality. Would you prefer to meet your Quality Controller at the water-cooler to discuss new specs in a few spoken words, or to relaying your thoughts through that person via Powerpoint specs to the IT team? It is a blessing to have people who drive the company also drive the vision and outcome of Quickbase apps.

Cons

The thing that scares people about Quickbase is that it is so unlimited in what it can do. Users can build process flow, CRM, inventory management, personnel onboarding, and construction project documentation apps; the possibilities are endless. That can be a bit scary for a prospective new user who only wants one thing, and they want it now. They might not have the patience for a platform that can be everything to everyone in their company. And yet, adaptability is what makes Quickbase so great. Users can knit together widely disparate parts of their company on the single Quickbase platform, with world-class ease of use.

Idaly
Idaly
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 16/04/2023

Quickbase helped me improve team efficiency.

The benefits of Quickbase are numerous, from faster app creation and custom workflows to increased team efficiency. The ability to tailor the platform to our specific needs has allowed us to improve project management and make decisions based on real-time data. Process automation has reduced errors and waiting times, increasing customer satisfaction. In short, Quickbase has provided us with a solid platform to drive the success of our projects and facilitate innovation in our organization.

Pros

Quickbase has been a real game changer in my role as a Project Manager. The ease of building and customizing apps without the need for programming knowledge has allowed my team and I to develop custom solutions for our specific challenges. Real-time collaboration and change tracking improved our communication and productivity.

Cons

While Quickbase is a powerful tool, I've found that the subscription cost can be a hurdle for some organizations. Some advanced features may also require additional support from a platform expert, which can increase costs.

Brad
Brad

Reviewed on 04/01/2017

Quickbase transformed our business

My company is an energy efficiency contracting business with 20+ employees and $2.5M in annual revenue across residential and commercial business lines. Before we used Quickbase, we had used a combination of other software, and a proprietary software we built to manage our operations. Where these software fell short, Quickbase far exceeded. Simply put the ability create, extend, and change our application to meet our specific needs in a constantly changing environment is powerful. Our application has become our CRM, Project Management, and Operational tracking ad reporting software all built into one with a lot of automation and integration to boot!

Pros

Developing on Quickbase is incredibly easy. Most business operators with basic business software instincts can start building in Quickbase immediately, or they can choose an application on their exchange to start off with. Beyond the basics, where Quickbase really shines is how robust of a platform it is with incredible functionality including beautiful reporting, dynamic filtering, formula fields and form logic, integration ability, and more. There's always a new trick you can learn in Quickbase.

In terms of usability, that's really all in the app your choose to use or build. It can be really clunky or sleek. All depends on your ability to build a usable app. The design of the interface is basic, but they're in the process of rolling out a new UI called Mercury that looks great.

Cons

Quickbase does not provide a ton of customer support. They rely on an incredible community of users and developers as well as approved Quickbase Solutions Providers (QSPs) that customers can contract with for help with building their applications. But if you're looking to go at it on your own, you will have to dig if you need help with something. As savvy of as Quickbase user I am, it took me three years before I even learned that I had an account manager at Quickbase.

Manthan
Manthan

Reviewed on 02/08/2023

A powerful and flexible platform which simplify digital tranformation

Quickbase helped us to go to market very fast and that drives satisfaction in terms of implementation and return on investments of the customers.

Pros

Ease of building tables, fields and relationship between the tables/appsEase of building reports and chartsEase of creating automation, email notifications and third party API integrations

Cons

High level integration requires some learning curve and need more involvement of technical person.

Fraidy

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

Quickbase is a great place to consolidate your data and manage daily workflows

Building with Quickbase is super easy. I'm grateful for our company's weekly call with a top tech at Quickbase for our complicated use cases. Otherwise, Quickbase support is about as helpful as the documentation that you'll find online yourself.

Pros

The reporting features are really great. You can customize reports to reference daily as well as run 'on the fly' reports to check on your data for a one time scenario.

Cons

Features are oftentimes rolled out with limitations, and that can be frustrating as a developer.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Great for small teams!

I would not recommend this to anyone not dealing with complex, or repetitive, data flow. There are better, simpler programs for it. I use it to track thousands of tiny, moving bits of information, and while I wouldn't say it's perfect -- it does a darn good job. QuickBase isn't that intuitive, but after a few weeks of loose training, it's still one of the better options and I found it reasonably easy to explore.

Pros

-It is highly customizable! You can add and remove features relatively easily.
-Apps can be set to not be available to all employees -- which is useful for both security, as well as efficiency. I like not having to browse 99 tabs to find the one I need.
-Online usage, nice for both in office and out of office work.
-Data entry and updating are simple and straightforward, which makes training somewhat quick.
-Broadly applicable across numerous industries, I've found it extremely useful for many different information communicating and recording purposes.

Cons

-To really make the most of QuickBase, there needs to be someone with high technology literacy to set everything up and troubleshoot. It can be used simply, but only if your needs are simple, and Quickbase will probably be more than you need if you're just looking for sales tracking or similar.
-Though not difficult, adding new data points can be extremely time consuming. In a small workplace, it really does matter if someone needs to spend several days entering data into the same forms, hundreds of times, across different apps. Obviously, this will vary depending on what the needs are.
-It takes a lot of clicks to get somewhere. A minor issue really, but I find it irritating to have to 10 things to get what I want because the search function isn't particularly sensitive.

Response from Quickbase

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Customer feedback is highly encouraged as it allows us to bring your suggestions to life. We highly recommend that you take a look at the QuickBooks Blog. (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv) This is where the latest product news is released. Wishing you a fantastic business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Replied 06/08/2020
Marissa
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Highly Recommend for Unique Business Operations

Overall, we've been able to easily translate our spreadsheet and paper/pencil systems over to Quickbase. This has helped revolutionize our processes and save time for each department. We've also been able to quickly develop apps when COVID necessitated remote work.

Pros

The key feature of this product for us has been the ability to develop a customer-facing portal and internal platform for operations all within house. We have worked with other software companies previously to develop something along these lines, but it never worked out as we run a unique business model that is hard to explain to an outsider. The ability to use our own knowledge of the business to develop something internally has been a game changer for practicality and reducing expenses - software development is expensive!

Cons

Some items that could be better include ability to identify duplicates, ability to easily select an item in grid edit beyond 1000 records (we have clients with many many many locations), ability to rely on the user groups and have confidence that these users will have all apps added to their 'My Apps' page.

Albert

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

Quickbase is a Game-changer for Small Business Management

We have automated workflows and processes to reduce human error, especially in relation to deadlines and follow up tasks; we have been able to analyze our business in detail and make better informed decisions; we use quickbase in every aspect of our varied business - to process real estate transactions, compile and analyze business data, coordinate and run government grant programs, coordinate constructions projects and more.

Pros

Easy to begin immediately creating and customizing workflows and reporting; creates immediate and quantifiable time and resource savings. Automations increase these efficiency gains immensely and are easy to use.

Cons

Integrations and automations are extremely powerful tools that exponentially increase the value of quickbase but the switch from automations to pipelines presents a major issue in that pipelines are not intuitive or easy to use for the low-code manager. Without an easier to understand interface and/or much better documentation and support, the elimination of automations in favor of pipelines could be a major detractor from the usefulness of quickbase.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 09/08/2023

Quickbase: The Low-Code/No Code Platform that Gets Results!

Overall, Quickbase has done a good job at eliminating multiple spreadsheets that were previously used for project management. They are very receptive to clients' needs and actively encourage product feedback, so they continue to morph the product into an even better one.

Pros

Quickbase makes it simple to develop new applications and reports as the business needs change. The UI can be customized as much as you're willing to take it and it certainly beats having to use a spreadsheet!

Cons

Their Pipelines product (formerly CloudPipes) is a good way to automate processes within other QB applications as well as external systems, but it's still missing some features that are very nice to have (like real-time error processing and ways to rerun only certain failed steps).

Marlon
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 23/11/2022

Quickbase for Manager Review

It will integrate to salesforce and it is very great product to use for daily task as a sales manager.We have guides to follow and scale to rate and quickbase really help us see and determine the standing or status of every agent. I love it.It can integrate with other tools such as excel, salesforce and others that help with making work super easy for us managers.It also help business track commission and compensation of agents since we are at sales. This is really helpful. Thank you Quickbase

Pros

It is easy to complete and do my task, it has organize tabs and columns for me to use for my coaching logs and performance standing of my agents on a daily basis.I can access and control quickbase as ease and can also provide designated permission to people who can access certain tabs or tasks. It is well designed.

Cons

I didn't see any least in quickbase, as manager this is the product that we need in our program and it helps me a lot.

Ahuva

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

Quickbase Review

Pros

I most appreciate the ease of deployment, as it's gratifying to see the immediate results of changes made to the app. I also find the option to integrate custom code to be very useful. For simpler apps, it's convenient to utilize the native low-code system, but if I need to provide more customized solutions, I can easily implement my own code and integrate it with my Quickbase app.

Cons

When data sets grow to a certain point, there is a noticable slowdown, and features like formula queries no longer work reliably. I also find that new features are often released with unresolved bugs and issues.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

My experience with QuickBase has been favorable.

We were able to build our own solution with internal resources rather than having to hire an outside consultant.

Pros

I've used QuickBase for the past three years for my nonprofit organization which has a very modest tech budget. We use it for managing a small grants program. In very little time and few resources, we were able to build an application that helps us manage all our grant applications and build charts to get an overview of our applicants. I like QuickBase's power and flexibility.

Cons

With power and flexibility comes a lot of complexity. QuickBase isn't just a single software platform; it's a whole tech ecosystem which can be a bit overwhelming to a new user. I think some progress can be made in the user interface to make it more intuitive for beginners like me. That said, I've been able to find my way and I'm sure you will too.

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Great Cloud Based Database

With the help of support, you can pretty much create whatever you need that is database driven. The fact that you can log in and see your data from anywhere with internet access is great. The ability to input data via mobile phone is awesome as well.

Pros

Great software that allows multiple users to access and update the same database. We use it to track service visits, and have our service advisors track free oil changes throughout the dealer group.

Cons

The price was raised per user. We are not a huge company so the price jump almost caused us to discontinue use. Support is great, but it would be nice to get in touch with them immediately, instead of having to open a case and wait to hear back. They typically respond the same day and can resolve the issue, but they can only resolve one issue at a time.

Gina

Reviewed on 05/11/2015

QuickBase is awesome!

Pros

There is so much I love about this product. Email notifications, customized databases, forms, rules, formulas etc. Using QuickBase has saved our department alot of money. We've built a lot of tools in-house instead of vetting and investing in additional vendors. If you have a technical mindset you can build anything with QuickBase. You can build experiences for your users that don't require alot of QB knowledge. We use it for lead retrieval, customer segmentation, CRM, marketing campaign management and much more.
QB has regular release dates, always bringing out new features, which is good.

Cons

The fact that anyone can create an application. We have many abandoned applications, however with some planning and rules put in place this is an easy solve. We also like it for project management, however have found to use other collaboration tools that allow to do things more quickly such as leaving a comment, checking things off as done as well as some file version control. all things doable in QB, however we had some issues with the team doing the admin work of updating. Using a different tool, then tying it to QB is the solve that worked for us

Cheri

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Great Softwear

We used the software to create a service scheduling application, and a billing application for a home medical equipment company. This application allows us to assign tasks and designate steps in the completion of the task prior to it being marked complete. It also keeps a record of all completed tasks and any associated tasks

Pros

This software was easy for out IT department to shape into exactly the application we needed. It is simple to use and offers a variety of reports.

Cons

I wish it had a history check feature so we could see who edited a entry, when it was done, and what was changed.

Reviewed on 08/12/2018

Simple Platform - Limited Applications Available

Pros

The platform is simple. It encourages organizations to use single sign-on for access to many of the tools needed during the work day. These tools can consist of booking travel, reporting expenses, hotel website, airline websites, file sharing tools, 401k information, benefits, links to where policies are shared, internal scheduling, etc. Lots of positive notes on the ease of use side, however, not all applications are supported.

Cons

The platform itself is well built, however, the improvements on allowing many more solutions to be integrated on this platform could be better. It has served our company just fine for now though.

Fanny

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Poor experience

Pros

Poor software, moving to Salesforce software.

Cons

Constant error messages after editing your data

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

Streamlining procedures and saving time for all departments

Because I've been using QuickBase for so long, I'm more familiar with it than most of my coworkers are. Despite this, I think QuickBase is a good tool for storing and visualizing data for a dispersed team, even though it has certain shortcomings. Overall, I found Quickbase to be the best data management program I've ever used. After I integrated my data into Quickbase, I felt more professional since I no longer had to utilize Excel or numbers or my notes to handle my data.

Pros

My favorite aspect of the workflow was that it could be constructed using a variety of different methods. QuickBase is an excellent tool for visualizing and sharing data. As a data store and visualization tool, it's a great fit. I appreciated the ease with which I was able to import all of my existing data from a variety of different applications.

Cons

You could take a picture of your receipt or document and save it on your phone, which would allow you to transfer it to another device. Taking a photo with your phone is now more accessible than ever before, even if you don't have access to a scanner.

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Our Database Solution

The software has automated so much work through the reporting features saving us lots of time, and even creates an automatic schedule to run and email reports as needed.

Pros

The program is very flexible allowing you to essentially create a database that will handle nearly everything you need, and also grow to scale with your business. It is many steps up from using spreadsheets, and has helped automate a lot of tasks for us through report features.

Cons

The program is not intuitive to use, and feels like little real live support is given in helping you after you are initially set up. The cost also increased on us and I'm not sure I feel the value fits the cost... but it is the best solution I can find in the market right now.

Corinne

Reviewed on 22/09/2017

QuickBase is customizable and has helped my nonprofit track grants, events, individual...

Extremely useful for grants management. We have been using the nonprofit manager application for three years and love it. We also created six other applications to track social services including afterschool care, legal advocacy and public program application assistance.

Pros

Very customizable, quick and easy search. Helpful support services. Low-cost. Can easily download information and upload information from Excel.

Cons

Wish I had more time and knew more to customize the templates with my organizations branding, but as a backend management system. This product is perfect right out of the box.