Cin7 Core Reviews

Visit Website

About Cin7 Core

Cin7 Core is an app that makes enterprise-level inventory management, manufacturing, sales integration, reporting, and automation accessible to all businesses. Leverage the power of multi-module inventory management software to...

4.2
4.2

Browse Cin7 Core Reviews

Nick
Nick

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

The best cloud-based Inventory Management option for SMEs

As a consultant implementing DEAR Inventory for a wide range of SMEs, we have solved an innumerable amount of problems along the way. From Batch tracking, to serial number tracking, integrations with online stores, accounting, shipping, reporting and forecasting, etc, it is all there.

The team at DEAR are generally very quick to respond and offer assistance, and the users are given the power to request and vote on new features to be implemented. The subscription pricing is also at a point where it represents huge value for money.

Pros

As a cloud integration consultant working with SMEs in Adelaide and interstate to solve inventory management issues by implementing the right software, DEAR has proven again and again to be the leading choice for these businesses and is now our recommended choice as an implementation specialist.

DEAR has the functionality to provide a central solution to any SME looking to sell online or instore across a number of channels, and manage all the inventory in one place.The integration with Xero is top notch and the most robust I've seen of almost any app that connects to Xero.

The integrations to eCommerce channels are consistent in their setup and options and allow a great deal of flexibility. Complementing these integrations are shipping service integrations that allow for a full suite of inter-connected apps with DEAR as the hub.

Cons

If I had a gripe, it would be around some minor inconsistencies within the UI across various parts of the software, as well as some minor inconsistencies with various reports that are available.

Warwick
  • Industry: Fishery

Reviewed on 05/05/2023

Daily user of Dear

Overall Dear is meeting our needs when connected to Xero. It meets our day to day inventory needs however would be much better if it was a more complete accounting & inventory package.

Pros

Dear was straight forward and reasonably easy to set up. It is good for our daily transaction, inventory management, and handles multiple warehouses and foreign currency well.

Cons

Features that could be improved are: visibility of stock on hand and sell price whilst in inventory, instead one has to either drill down on each stock item or go to reports. A general ledger section that has P & L, Balance Sheet, Trial Balance, etc would also be more user friendly- instead of going to reports.

Sage Intacct

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

Changed from Evolution as wanted a simpler, more user friendly, cloud based package. Preferred Dear over Unleashed due to better GL for inventory

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

I could setup Dear myself, I was advised Intacct would require costly support to setup.
Elliot

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

Poor Customer service

Bad, system does not meet my requirements and this was not communicated by onboarding manager/sales

Pros

It's got a variety of possible option and integration.

Cons

Jack of all trades master of none.

Literally does not work well if you have a complex supply chain

Top Cin7 Core Alternatives

Anton
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

DEAR Systems step to the future!

Still getting used to the DEAR system, however, if compare with other inventory systems we used before, I must say DEAR is the answer, so far very happy! It’s all there, just need a bit of time to learn how to navigate around. Selling on Amazon & eBay? No problem..... (once everything is set up correctly) DEAR will do all your daily routine for you. Using an eCommerce website (in our case it's WooCommerce), it’s all there! We are still in process of integration/switching from Quickbooks desktop however, after only 1 month of using DEAR (plenty of step by step, how to use information online and very straightforward YouTube videos, which will answer most of your questions (how to?) on daily routine of most of the businesses. Special thank you to the support team, for being very helpful, straight to the point answers with plenty of information provided to understand and learn ….. bravo!

Pros

Xero & Dear system user (new user experience).
Everything you need to manage warehouse inventory!
Detailed Inventory information, Order process flow, purchasing order management, stock control, eCommerce website eBay/Amazon integration, - easy to use once you get used to it.
Helpful support team, and plenty of information provided to understand and learn DEAR systems.

Cons

Takes some time to know the DEAR systems (navigate) due to many features.
I guess we need to use DEAR systems for some time to get a better understanding and therefore, give a revised review of experience and possible Cons we might have.

Quickbooks Desktop service termination in the UK from 2023

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Inventory management - stock control - plenty of features to use now or in the future. Amazon-ebay-ecommerce integration. Daily order routine progress, overall DAER systems feels pleasant to use
Samantha
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

A must have for any product based business

Pros

I use OrderHive to as my inventory and order management app. It keeps track of everything I have on hand, orders I have coming in (from Etsy, Amazon, Shopify, etc.), and I can input my own orders from sales reps or wholesale accounts. I can then print packing slips, send invoices, input inventory I have coming in,, and much more! The support is very quick and helpful though I haven't needed much help since it runs smoothly. I highly recommend this app to keep track of all you have going on.

Cons

I was previously using an order management software that sold, so I was fairly familiar with how they work, I needed some help getting a few things set up, but it was smooth sailing after that.

Katana Cloud Inventory and Zoho Inventory

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

StitchLabs sold and was no longer offered

Stitch Labs

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Orderhive was recommended to me by a Shopify developer who has many clients needing multi-channel management. It seemed the best fit, the best price, and the had the best support.
Heather
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 01/02/2022

DEAR is Perfect for the Growing Business

I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in the OnBoarding team and he was awesome! My implementation took a VERY LONG time due to our business being so busy. He was so patient and would contact me every 3 weeks or so to see how things were progressing. He took so much time to go over the product with me and my coworkers multiple times. He answered MANY LONG emails from me with tons of questions. He was always pleasant, happy, so helpful, and in my opinion the greatest secret weapon that DEAR has!! Now that my implementation is complete (thanks to him) I feel like I have lost a friend. He has assured me that the Support team are just as awesome and helpful as he has been - but I don't believe anyone will ever be as amazing as [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was! Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT]!!

Pros

I LOVE the fact that I can invoice before receiving the inventory physically. We work with an overseas company and their business practice is to invoice once the product leaves their hands, however accepting their invoice made my inventory way off in QBO. So glad to be able to maintain what the true physical inventory is and not have to try to keep up with the travelling inventory too.

Cons

The feature I would like the least is the CRM. I was really hoping that it would work for our sales team and that they would be able to have access to the inventory information easily. However, the CRM lacked a lot of the capabilities that our sales managers were looking for to help with managing their teams.

Giannina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

Has potencial but a very poor customer service and is missing very simple yet important...

We were working with orderhive and had to change to Cin 7.
At first it looked very promising because Cin 7 had some nice new functionalities but but we never imagined we were going to go back on some basic funcionalities we had. We thought the new system would outgrow the one we used, but this didnt happened. The new cin 7 core didnt include very practical and easy funciontalities we used on daily basis.
For example now we are not able to have 2 different stores like we had for our wholesale business and retail .We see the sales alltogether and because of this simple reason there are many things we are not able to do. Then being able to update attributes of products in bulk from the site, having unpickable bins, being able to map shopify to several locations not only one, being able to select what not to push into quikbooks and I could go on.
Some very easy and simple features that made our lifes very easy are not cin 7 core now, so for us it has been a lot of work and hours of implementation and we are not happy with it overall. We will probably change to another system ibn the future, not now because it has been very tiring for the whole team and it has taken a lot of our time.

Pros

The best about Cin 7 core is that it is very easy to receive merchandise at the warehouse.

Cons

The customer service is really bad. If you dont resend the tickets they might never answer, then, when they do answer, they give you a really bad response to close the ticket and want you to get tired of asking. 95% of the important issues do not get solved they tell you they cant help you, when you know there has to be a simple way to solve certain issues or they just answer what ever they want without considering what you asked for in the first place. You waist lots of time in this. They send you tutorials that dont resolve your issues and so on, I can keep on going.

Steven

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

Great All-In One Software!

Orderhive has been great. It has allowed us to accurately sync our inventory across 4+ channels and even automate fulfillment from outside sales channels to our Amazon FBA inventory. We have grown sales just by connecting more sales channels and accurately showing our inventory. They had the integrations we needed, and setup was easy.

Pros

This software had the most integrations, and more importantly, the integrations we NEEDED. We landed on Orderhive as they filled all of our channel needs as well as providing some cool custom Automation features that my team and I can write ourselves. Whenever there is ANY sort of technical issue / bug, we submit the issue directly to the support team and it is resolved within 24-hours almost all of the time. It usually only takes longer due to us needing to provide more information to the technical team so they can fix our problem.

Cons

Not many items on this list, so I'm reaching here. Shipping is not as fluid / smooth as our previous software that did ONLY shipping, but our volume is low enough that it has not impacted our day to day operations. Writing Automation can speed things up and we have no problem shipping / fulfilling 50+ orders a day. We do wish there was a way to bulk MAP products together so we can quickly clean up our duplicate / multiple products that are the same but with different SKU's, but that is a task that should be done slowly anyways to eliminate the chance for mistakes.

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

Shipping Easy had promised inventory management, and it WAS working, but all of a sudden stopped. We were not informed that Shipping Easy moved away from inventory management, and we needed a more robust inventory management software. That was our main goal, inventory management. Everything else that Orderhive does has just been a complete value-add to this choice. We are SO glad we have made the switch.

ShippingEasy

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Orderhive did EVERYTHING for us. They offered the integrations we needed, and that was the final deciding factor.
Ben
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

What a relief

DEAR Systems is everything I wanted Unleashed and MRP Easy to be. Its flexible to use, has ongoing gold standard support at no extra cost, has a great looking interface and has very customisable membership extras.

I clearly cant talk more highly about DEAR and its because I had such a lousy time with the others.

Pros

Best support I have ever had with any business software. The live chat is full of highly experienced operators who respond very quickly to get you back on track.
Very fast and easy to understand onboarding. Much less help needed than others.
The video tutorials are excellent.
The interface is modern looking.
The process from CO to MO is visual and easy to follow.
The Automation option is worth every dollar.

Cons

Not enough Business intelligence information.
Not enough visual information in reporting like graphs and tables. There is a taste of it in the dashboard but thats the extent of it.
B2B Portal needs the option to pick what products certain groups of stores get to see vs others.

Christopher
Christopher

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

Dear systems deliver what if promises

We've been using it live for one month and so far the transition has been relatively smooth.

Pros

Comprehensive ERP features that are built with the workflow and accounting in mind. Excellent interface with Xero. Very customizable, but in an easy to understand fashion.

Cons

For those switching from other platforms, it could use better historical data import functionality. In particular outstanding orders. We had about 200 open orders when we made the switch, and had to enter them manually as Dear's import features could not handle our workflow.

Cin7 Omni and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

Lightspeed retail has no ability to handle sales tax based on "ship to" address and has not integration with Avalara. In discussing with Lightspeed they seem unaware that this functionality is needed. Also, you can only integrate with one ecom site and inventory management was glitching with the inventory levels frequently wrong.

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Overall value for money, plus the focus on accounting was a strong selling point.
Dallas
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Dear has significantly helped our company

Our overall experience is positive. It was a little bit of a learning curve, but now that we have it down, I couldn't imagine going back. It helps us stay organized and helps us become more efficient and detailed with our operations.

Pros

We transferred from Quickbooks to Dear Systems and it has been a great improvement. Our ability to manage inventory is far greater than before with QB. It's simple/easy to use, but also robust and has some very helpful features. We're in the wholesale industry. On the sales side - we love the pick, pack, and ship functions. This allows us to easily provide another level of detail for our customers that we couldn't before. We can enter what we packed on what pallet and then easily print pallet break downs and detailed packing lists. I also like the way you can mass pick, or mass print sales orders. The advance sale option is nice, so you can track back order shipments right on the same screen as the original order.
On the purchase order side, the advance receiving functions let you receive inventory against one PO more than once which is helpful.
We also just started keeping some inventory in another warehouse, so the ability to keep track of that through dear is nice.

Also the B2B portal has been a nice addition to our company as well.

Cons

I think the reporting tab is pretty clunky, that might be what I like least about Dear. They're on the right track, and some of those reports are very helpful. It's just that I have to export them to excel and modify them quite a bit for them to be what I want them to be.
Also I think the "credit purchase order" and "credit sale note" functions are pretty confusing/complicated.

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

We needed a more robust inventory system.

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Great value. Many other reasons, but but was just the right fit for what we needed. It wasn't as big as some of the other ERPs but we didn't need it to be.

Response from Cin7

Hello Dallas,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have done major improvements to the reports section. With the new UI/UX improvement that was rolled out in the beginning of 2020 the usability and functionality of reports has never been easier. We have detailed knowledge base articles for each report and how to use it. You can read more about it by visiting https://support.dearsystems.com/support/solutions/folders/1000217591/. If you have any questions you can contact us at any time on [email protected] & a Customer Success agent will be ready to do a quick demo to help you.

Replied 21/04/2020
Xy

Reviewed on 16/02/2022

Alright but we don't love it

Have been using Dear for about 6 weeks after onboarding and it's taking some time for my colleagues and myself to get used to the system, but I received 5 emails in the first 12 days after onboarding, and another 3 in the past 7 days to give them a review so here it is.

TLDR not as user-friendly as the system we were using before but no choice as QBC will no longer be offered and Dear might be the next best alternative

Pros

- Comprehensive and even has manufacturing components (unfortunately we don't require this)
- Comparable pricing to TG/QBC
- Some onboarding agents are very knowledgeable about the system
- Support staff are very responsive and queries get answered pretty quickly

Cons

- Not as user-friendly compared to the system we used before. Even things like stock availability isn't readily shown on the product page - you either need to go into a tab within the product page, or a separate 'Availability' to check the stock
- Slightly confusing configuration where you can't easily change the purchase prices as they are grouped together on a 'suppliers' tab within the product listing
- Product family is quite confusing and a little tedious to create. During the import of our products, there were a large number of single-variant products created as product families with 1 product, and there doesn't seem to be a easy way to stop classifying it as a product family
- Automation module (for things like out of stock notifications) are not provided FOC; you have to add on $50/month
- Purchase orders only show product name and not variant/option names so if you are trying to order 3 colours of the same product, the PO will show 3 line items of the same product.
- We sell on different e-commerce channels but there's no easy way to reflect that. We were informed that the only way we can only create the e-commerce channels as 'Sales Representatives' so that we can track them. Our sales from Shopify aren't differentiated between POS and online
- The sync with Shopify seems a little glitchy and sometimes after receiving stock in Dear, all our products descriptions in Shopify get erased. This is less than ideal because our product listing on our website becomes blank

Cin7 Omni , Vend and Unleashed

Reasons for Choosing Cin7 Core

QBC will no longer be offered to customers outside of the US soon

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Robust enough, had the integrations we required, better priced than some
Ignatius

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

Customer care, purchasing and Point of Sale is useless

Frustrating to deal with your help desk people who tell you to log a feature request when they are done talking to you and can't solve your problem

Pros

Easy to understand and figure out when starting off.

Cons

Your point of sale system you offer with this software is less than useless its remedial in functionality and offering. Struggle to program in store promotions on it you can't create area specific promotions for outlets in an area. Your way of setting up a cash float is useless and not user friendly. Your journals between Xero and Cin7 do not push correctly. Till overs and shorts are a nightmare to investigate. Gift cards are cumbersome to use and implement. We were using We where using Lightspeed as a point of sale before and you c=guys can learn some lessons from them your system will be something from the stone age compared to Lightspped.

Jacques

Reviewed on 24/05/2023

Energenic

Dear is an overall well planned software, i enjoy working on it, I will say I am 80% happy - still need development in certain areas

Pros

Procurement and Stock keeping working great, Can have latest prices on hand

Cons

Job Costing is difficult and need to go to reports to get information cast export job cost directly from Job's BOM in Production cant be exported and work on average cost - need to work on latest price as i am using the BOM for price costing

Manu Online and Katana Cloud Inventory

Needed a manufacturing software - Dear offer all in one

Reasons for Switching to Cin7 Core

Look the best for our Company at the time
Owen

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Simple but very, very effective Inventory management and general business operations software

The business administration is now a multiple of it's previous efficiency. We can track sales, purchases and performance far, far more efficiently than before. The proof is in the pudding - walk around our sales office and at least one screen on every desk will have DEAR open.

Pros

The software is made up of simple to understand modules that have a clear purpose and have extremely good help videos and articles available. There is a "simple" and "advanced" version of most functions which makes carrying out most tasks extremely efficient while still having the power of the full functionality available in the background if needed. Any simple document can be changed to an advanced document with the click of a button.

Cons

The "Jobs" or project module is somewhat more difficult to use than other parts of the suite. Projects are a common part of many businesses and a simpler, more intuitive, module that allowed easy quotes and easy conversion to a Job would be a great enhancement.

Ease of use Cost Support responsiveness Comprehensive modules and integrations
Cameron
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Looking good so far

While still working inside a trial version, in preparation for cutting over from our current system and going live with Dear, I have been pestering the Support team on a daily basis for a few weeks now as I work through the finer points of the system. The Dear support structure is good - well structured with quick response times to questions, Was particularly pleased that one support person (thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) went the the degree to create and send me a custom video demo of the system aspect I was trying to understand that was hard to explain in text. I also found the published Video Tutorials and support pages helpful.

Pros

While thinking, as a Distributor, we have 'out-of-the-box' requirements for managing our inventory and processes around it, the exercise of evaluating our idiosyncrasies in order to go shopping for a new IM system has taught me that there's possibly not the absolute perfect system for any business, but the Dear system is beating the rest as it ticks most of the boxes on my wish-list for an inventory management system. For a complex system it's relatively intuitive and seems to be built with real world functionality in mind. In addition to my list of specific features, I was looking for a system that could automate as much of our manual tasks and work flows as possible - reduce the amount of data entry required and minimise opportunities for human error. Compared to other systems reviewed, Dear excels in this area.

Cons

Possible just a COVID thing ...or just a modern day thing, but I remember the days when; if you were looking at making a big commitment to something as important at the system that would manage all your inventory and link to your financials, someone would sit down with you and work through your specifics, helping you evaluate their offering as the right purchase decision for you to make. These days, it's "down load a free version and have a play". I've probably reached the sames decision based on the latter, but it's definitely taken up a lot more of my time to do so. Granted, phone calls and screen sharing sessions are on offer, but I find the time-limited sessions, working with generic databases etc. less beneficially that the old fashioned way. Not a short coming of the Dear System itself and every software company may have the same M.O, but perhaps an opportunity for Dear to differentiate themselves from the masses and win more fans - and quickly?

Response from Cin7

Hello Cameron,
I am glad that DEAR has met your expectations in terms of being an out of the box solution.
We recognize the important role that DEAR plays in our customers daily business & we do put a lot of thought into to how to make DEAR user friendly and automate most of your business processors.
To help our customer setup DEAR faster, we do offer an onboarding & training (https://dearsystems.com/onboarding-and-training/); where we help all our customers to make the transition smoother. If your interested you can book a call with us and one of your Customer Success agents will get in touch with you - https://calendly.com/dear-systems/20-minute-call

Replied 24/07/2020
Amar
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

Avoid to save time and pain with poor support

Poor to say the least. They cant support their own product properly and fail on a number of levels to come back to you to solve your issue.

Pros

Integrations were very good - its easy to use but when more complex things are required you will run into major issues. Not for businesses that handle a large number of orders/products

Cons

Its not often that I take to Social media to complain but Cin7 Orderhive deserve a very special shout out for the lack of Support to their customers.They offer a 20x7 Support offering yet find themselves off for days and not responding (March 6th till 9th) there was no support whatsoever. No communication to advise that there will be no support, which in any case is shocking given that they are a global SaaS provider. Often they are off during their countries National Holidays (where they are based) and have zero contingency in place, so not a true 20x7 support.This is not the first time that we have had issues, senior Managers make promises, Dipan Gajjar but deliver no change.We have waited for 4 days to get a simple FTP integration resolved. After being off for 3 days they now fail to respond to our emails or messages surrounding other issues.Issues such as:- Stock values not updating correctly- FTP integration not functioning- Not responding for days- Support team lack of product knowledge (we have had to teach them what their platform can do!)- Raise tickets for issues but do not resolveThe impact this has on our business is detrimental and as we all know changing ERP platforms takes time and planning.So yes we will be moving, and given their impeccable track record I doubt they will take any action about our issues.However I hope post helps provide other potential users of this platform get a true and clear picture of how appalling their support is .

Linnworks
Cole

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Poor Experiences

I wish I had control over whether we switched to a new inventory management system, but all I can do is voice my displeasure and hope that change comes. As for anyone looking into it, it seems to me that DEAR has gotten mostly positive reviews. In my experience, I've had almost nothing positive to say about it. I sincerely hope that everyone will put in a little extra money for something more reliable and customer oriented so they, or those that they work with, will not have to deal with the frustrations our warehouse has gone through.

Pros

It seems that DEAR is cheaper than other options, and seems to have a wide variety of functionality -- at the very least, it has all the functionality that our company and our warehouse needs.

Cons

This product in particular has been so poor that I dedicated a lot of time to find places to review it. I started using DEAR 4 years ago when I picked up my job at this company. My company was small then, and DEAR had not been in use for very long when I got there.

Speed has always been an issue, but it hasn't become a big issue until recently as we've become more dependent on inventory and getting things done in a timely manner. In addition to being slow, we experience almost daily shutdowns of the site where nothing can be accessed. Usually, these last anywhere from a few minutes to 30 minutes, but the other day it went down for over 2 hours! This was during our shipping time when we are entirely dependent on the system, although it should be noted that we are dependent on it for the majority of the working day anyways. We ended up staying late to compensate -- and it was a Friday.

Support was not any help as they always provide empty reassurance that their 'team is working hard to improve and optimize the servers', and don't provide any kind of real fix. I could accept that if it noticeably improved over the years, but it hasn't. Clearly it's not enough of an issue for them to actually address.

Overall, terrible software service and terrible customer service. If they excel at anything, it's making their website look pretty -- although I have my complaints about poor functionality of the website as well.

TL;DR -- Would not recommend to my worst enemy

Response from Cin7

Hello Cole,
Thank you for your feedback. Over the last year, we have done a lot of change to improve the performance. To name a few; individual database for each customer, code restructuring, optimize the query, offloading some processing to different servers for quick execution and we also have a 24/7 team monitoring the system for any performance issues & addressing them before customers get affected.
One of our Customer Success Managers has been trying to contact you. We want to give you personalized attention to help you resolve any difficulty you may be facing.

Replied 15/04/2020
Serena
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 10/03/2023

An Excellent Customer Service Specialist

I would recommend Dear solely based on the help and support I received from a brilliant Customer Support Specialist called [sensitive content hidden]. During a time when my company was suffering some difficulties she went above and beyond to help accommodate the challenges I faced and made me feel listened to and valued. She was brilliant and made me have a positive experience of Dear. Based on my customer experience with her I would recommend Dear to other people.

Pros

The invoicing and sales management is easy to use and it has a good user interface. Customer support responds to emails within 24 hours. Some support specialists send videos which is a great way to understand the system.

Cons

There is a wide discrepancy in the quality of customer service specialists- some are brilliant and some are very unhelpful and do not seem to be empathetic to the customer's problems. Sometimes it is obvious that the person lacks the technical knowledge to support the customer so you just go around in a circle. Maybe the support emails could be flagged in different categories such as 'interface issues', 'data issues' and that way the technical emails can be sent to someone who is an analyst. The training videos are not very helpful as they only give a generic overview that doesn't help when you have your own data uploaded and face problems. Training would be more helpful when you have your own data uploaded into the system and after a week of using Dear book a 30min training session with a support member who could answer the bespoke questions you have related to your business - as the currents videos never helped when I needed help.

Malcolm

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

Dear System Review

We found that Dear Systems had all the inventory requirements already built in with extra functionality of the production module allowed us to structure each one of these operations in a logical sequence. We have brought a number of our clients on to Dear systems and every one of them have appreciated the ease of use and the increased options it offers.

Pros

In discovering Dear Systems we found that the program allowed us greater functionality than most ERP systems. Although it is quite intuitive to use it packs a punch when you get deeper within the program with some functionality that much more expensive programs don’t have. Xero handles the accounting in the background whilst the sync between them works seamlessly so that you don’t notice that you are actually using 2 different programs.

Cons

The program just concentrates on inventory so other modules such as CRM are not fully developed and you would need to get an additional addin. Everything else works really well

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

Lots of features for the price - great support

Pros

Earlier this year we implemented DEAR inventory in our manufacturing company in Indonesia. The key reason we chose DEAR was the functionality. We have been searching for an inventory management system with manufacturing functionality for a very long time and couldn't understand why it was so difficult to find a system that dealt with what we felt were really core/ basic requirements without looking at customisation. DEAR seems to cover almost everything we need and is working on developing the programme for what it doesn't currently.

The other key reason was the responsiveness of DEAR to queries. I am still waiting for replies from a competitor to my requests to ask a few questions when we were looking at different systems. We had good help getting it set up. I would definitely recommend.

Cons

There are some limitations with templates - invoices, packing slips etc. - when dealing with a currency that uses a decimal place as a thousand separator instead of a comma. It also doesnt have the ability to track batches through multiple assemblies which limits the value of the production reports we can get.

Response from Cin7

Dear Graeme,

Thank you for the review we are happy to hear that everything is going well.

Just addressing some of the cons, we use microsoft mailmerge so templates are very customisable. We have a complimentary service for paying customers where we can assist with template customisation at no additional cost so feel free to send us your templates to [email protected].

Regarding the tracking of batches through sub-assemblies please check the 'Lot Recall' report which will show you every single finished good that contained a particular batched or serialised product that you searched for all the way through to who you sold it to and which supplier you brought it from.

Best Regards

Replied 23/11/2017
Derek

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

It does not exactly suit our business model,compared to other software in the market it was...

Pros

The fact that it can be accessed from anywhere and that the information available is reasonably accurate

Cons

We transfer stock between locations on a daily basis eg. receipts, transfer to work in progress, then assembly and then to finished goods in more than one location and then it gets sold. when looking at a stock movement report of Raw Material, all that I want to know is receipts + stock on hand-assembly = Stock on Hand. The inventory totals in inventory do not balance with the Trial balance figures as the trial balance picks up transfers as many as three times. So the Raw Material and Finished Goods are never correct in Dear and because of Synchronisation in Xero.
second point is the introduction of the Advanced Purchase Module and discontinuation of cloning without any prior warning and with no video training module available. I have so far been unable to use that module and am working with the simple purchases module, keeping it in draft, and manually adjusting stock levels when receiving stock. I then use a new Simple Purchase to deal with the supplier invoice. Ideally, the system should be able to tell me what stock is required, but the is no correlation between Assembly and Inventory. We use about 8 to 9 different Raw Materials in different quantities to produce our finished goods, so you can understand how frustrating this all is.

Brad

Reviewed on 04/05/2020

Good Software, Held Back by Bugs

Take out the bugs and I've had a really good experience with Dear overall. If they can fix these issues it will go from a good to great platform.

Pros

I have had some really positive experiences with Dear's Support Team, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular. She and the rest of the support team have a deep understanding of Dear's functionality and were able to help my company tackle a sizable inventory issue. Dear is also a simple software to learn and understand which is extremely valuable when it comes to training new employees.

Cons

The thing I like least about using Dear are the bugs and server stability problems. These issues range from small but daily loading errors to site-wide crashes that have halted our production for hours. For the most part these are minor annoyances/inconveniences but when they are happening on a daily basis in can be increasingly frustrating.

Response from Cin7

Hello Brad,

Our team always strives to help our customers succeed. I am glad to hear that DEAR has helped you in your organization.
The development & quality assurance team is currently working hard on making DEAR work efficiently.
We recently rolled out a separate reporting generating server & enhancement to allow DEAR to handle enterprise business requirements.
If you encounter any problems please feel free to contact us via email ([email protected]) or on WhatsApp (+44-1244-940807).

Replied 19/05/2020

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Plays nicely with Xero, handles our 5 international shopify websites and direct provisioning,...

Pros

We are loving this software, been using 8 months now and it is powerful. We run 5 e-commerce sites, 4 warehouses and sell in 3 currencies and it's handling all well. Support, as mentioned, isn't quite as easy as getting a call but we use their tutorials, common sense, their live chat.
We also paid for assistance with setup as we didn't want to make any mistakes and desired a bit of support from Work Smart NZ, these guys are great too and worth the extra investment if you value your time”

We are currently trying to get the good word out on various sites and we are hoping that you would to take the time out of their day to share it on Getapp:

Cons

The .docx invoice templates are hard work to manipulate, some more standardized system (like unleashed offers) would make life much easier.
No great integration with a CRM currently. Also they need a Zapier integration so it can connect to other web apps. We are using email parser functionality to achieve most of this but it's complicated.

Response from Cin7

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your review!

If you require assistance with your template customization feel free to take up our complimentary template customization service. Simply email support with all required changes and we will get it done.

In regards to CRM we currently have an integration with SALPO & Capsule CRM. If you would like mroe info about it please book in a call here https://classic.youcanbook.me/v2/jsps/cal.jsp?cal=ZgsGQaWduL34BrkiNkBY

Best Regards

Replied 15/11/2017
Mihaela
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 01/11/2023

The worst and most useless support you can get. Terrible Software

If I could leave less than one star I would.We have been using similar software for over 6 years, but Cin7 Core acquired the company and to everyone's surprise decided to stop supporting it and we were forced to move to Cin7 Core , uniting us that it offers the same functionalities as the old system. The onboarding process was OK, but even then, we noticed that Cin7 Core has much less functionality than the previous software we used [sensitive content hidden]The real problems came when we launched the system and started actually using the Cin7 Core.We have several channels through which we sell: our own sites and a marketplace, and all our orders are processed by a 3PL ( fulfilment center)

Pros

Тhere is nothing I like comparing it to the previous software we used

Cons

The worst thing about Cin7 Core is their support. Support is extremely slow and so far has not resolved any of the cases we have written to them about. The open cases so far are:- Cin7 Core does not send our orders to the fulfillment center and therefore the orders are not processed on time.- Cin7 Core does not submit accurate quantities to the marketplace we sell in- Cin7 Core is not properly syncing all the new listings we put on the marketplaceIn general, basic functionalities for which similar software is still used are not implemented, which means that users like us suffer lost benefits in the most important period of the year.