PayPal Reviews

4.7

4.7

About PayPal

PayPal is a digital payment platform that enables businesses and individuals to pay and accept payments through an online portal without revealing any financial details. The solution is suitable for businesses of all sizes. PayP...

Browse PayPal Reviews

25,033 of 25,033 reviews
Avash
Avash

Reviewed on 14/11/2020

One of the Best Platforms for Online Payment

I love PayPal. Using it is as easy as browsing the internet. I can receive and request payment from clients all over the world in few minutes as it is accepted in almost all country. It's also easy to track incomes and financial activities. PayPal has made my professional life a lot easier.

Pros

As a part-time freelancer, I have clients from many countries and I use PayPal most of the time to receive money. With PayPal, I can receive money, request money from clients and send invoices instantly to clients and all at a very low cost. I also feel that my information is secure on PayPal as they are a bit ahead in Information Security than other similar platforms. It is also easy to shop online using PayPal as it is accepted in almost all major platforms. Paypal has great and minimal User Interface, so it's very intuitive to use it.

The feature I like most is that we can create a PayPal.me payment URL and also embed it in websites. I also like that we can create a pool and then pay in a team.

Cons

Sometimes they lock your account for unknown reasons and it can be frustrating but those things are necessary to keep scammers and fraud out of PayPal so they aren't big deal. However, I have experienced bad errors a few time during checkout. I don't know why it happens but has happened multiple times to me.

Pedro
Pedro
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

The Global Solution - but not the best

As someone who likes to solve problems and its willing to work around technicalities to make things work, PayPal has been a very decent experience. As I mentioned, I really miss some key features regarding recurring billing and checkout customization but, as an overall, it is an amazing platform.

Pros

What I really like about PayPal is that it is available in almost any country in the world and works with almost any existing credit card. It's also a great payment option because it has no initial upfront costs, which means that anyone can start using it right away. If, for some reason, you cannot have the money transferred to your local bank, PayPal will transfer the money to any dollar card you might have within two days. The fact that you can also embed it to your website or smartphone app is also great. You can also create a PayPal.me checkout, which will allow you to charge anyone any amount you need to charge in a quick and simple way by via a link you can share.

Cons

I think that the user interface is not the easiest to understand at all. PayPal also lacks on features when it comes to, for example, recurring billing systems (recently, they tried to improved it but the generated codes - to embed on a website - generated an error, which is something unbelievable coming from such a giant technological company), and the options to charge or personalize the icons are not the best neither.
The $5 (per transaction) and 5% commission of the total amount you are transferring are not the lowest on the market neither. This is only compensated by the fact that they are the most globally accepted payment platform in the world.
Finally, customer service doesn't exist at all and you must solve almost every problem and question by yourself. Google and forums are your only source of help. This is, probably, one of the worst things about PayPal. What happens if they freeze your money and you cannot withdraw it? No one knows.

Recurly and Stripe

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

PayPal is, by now, the only platform that works in most countries of Latin America. It has almost no upfront costs neither and its international reputation transmits a certain degree of guarantee.
arya

Reviewed on 23/03/2024

Paypal is a very good payment gateway if you want to send money from outside.

Whatever experience I have in this till now is very good, I would like that if any of you want to ask for money from outside, then you can do it through this.

Pros

Paypal is a very good payment gateway, I knew about it for a long time but I have been using it continuously for 2 years.

Cons

I like the function of payment details in it, it gives full details as per your wish.

Top PayPal Alternatives

marc
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 16/02/2024

20 year old business account restricted for no reason, holding money for 21 days!

They where great unit 18 months ago and out of no where they started holding my money for 21 days. Over the last 18 months they continue to reduce my monthly sales allowance before they start holding for 21 days. Great way for them to make more money off the back of me by drawing interest on my money. As a small business owner we have to work hard for our money and for Paypal to hold it for 21 days after 18 years is a slap in the face! You do not have to use them, there are many other ways to get paid and your customers do not have a problem with you not accepting Paypal.

Pros

They used to be great but not anymore, they simply do not care about there customers!

Cons

customer service is horrible! No one can answer why my account was suddenly restricted after 18 years.

Rosalinda
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

Fastest and most secure online payment

After using it for a few years, I haven't had any issues with online payments until now. Because it's quick and safe, it's a wonderful option for online payment.

Pros

Transferring funds to other e-wallets is simple, fast and safe.

Cons

Their processing fees are exorbitant when transferring payments, and their customer service is really poor; thus, they need to improve for their users.

Martin
Martin
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

Probably the de facto payment system of most small businesses

My overall experience with PayPal is extremely positive. So far I've had no problems using PayPal as one of my payment providers

Pros

The huge range of features available for business owners. Customised invoices and receipts; fast payments; fraud detection.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming the first time setting up PayPal for a small business. Not knowing which is the best option to go for and how to set it up initially can take longer than you might expect from the adverts.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

The fees Stripe charge, combined with the convoluted dispute process when settling a chargeback make using it unaffordable to a small business.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

PayPal a secure and fast way to do all your online purchases.

Positive for the most part, since PayPal is known for its secure way of making purchase online.

Pros

Secure, fast and easy way to perform online purchases across so many online sites and vendors, for your business and personal needs

Cons

The lack of more customer support is missed, emailing support is not the best way to resolve transactional issues, where is much faster to speak to someone to resolve issues over the phone, then it is when you have to wait for an email reply from support.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

No extra devices needed to use, other then a computer to place transactions.
Yelle
Yelle
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 09/08/2023

Useful but undifferentiated

Overall I feel safe storing my info with PayPal and I trust them since they've been around for a while.

Pros

It's easy to pay and get paid with PayPal. I most like being able to store my information like my address and credit card for easy checkout from an online shop. I also like that I can pay someone's invoice by logging into PayPal.

Cons

PayPal used to be the only way to safely store your credit card and address online. These days there are so many other options like Google and Apple saving everything on your devices. I am trying to think about why I ever do use PayPal which leads me to think about whether it needs to differentiate itself in some way.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

My company used to have it as an option where a client could pay us with PayPal but we removed this option so that we could have more of a streamlined experience with Stripe integrating with our Dubsado CRM.
Tayeb
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/03/2024

Great payment Gateway

PayPal remains a solid payment gateway, there are others available such a as Stripe or Wise but PayPal has always been the first option I consider for business and personal use.

Pros

- Secure payment method
- Fast payment processing
- Usually more trusted as a payment method as it is well known compared to others.

Cons

- They take a percentage of your money and the amount can reach hundreds of you transfer thousands.
- Verification can be triggered sometimes randomly if you use a VPN and it can delay the payment processing.

REYNALYN
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

My experience with PayPal

My best option when it comes to international payments because of its availability.

Pros

User-friendly features and straight to the point.

Cons

The fees when it comes to conversion to my local currency are a bit expensive. But overall, it's a good app.

Emeka
Emeka
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

A Widely Used Payment Processor

I use PayPal to make payments for goods and services for my business. It's also used to accept payments. Generally, PayPal is a cool payment processor.

Pros

I like PayPal for some reasons. Among the reasons for which I like PayPal include:

1. Ability to make payments without exposing my credit card details: Credit card fraud and identity theft is a trending menace nowadays. One is at a very high risk of having his/her credit card information stolen when the card is used on insecure websites. With PayPal I don't have to bother about my credit card information as I only have to sign in to my PayPal account and then proceed to making payment without having to expose my credit card information on the third-party website.

2. Ability to receive payment using only an email address: I love it that I can use my verified PayPal account's email address to receive money from anyone with a PayPal account.

3. Ability to integrate PayPal payment processor without much technicalities involves: I was able to integrate the PayPal payment processor to my ecommerce website in just a few minutes without having to do much technical stuffs.

4. Moderate payment processing charges: The charges by PayPal while using their payment gateway is moderate compared to that of some other payment processors. I had tried using a payment processor whose charges were quite high.

Cons

I have some problems with PayPal.

One of the problems is that PayPal is not available is some countries, and this is a limitation to expanding to such countries.

Secondly, PayPal have an history of limiting people's accounts for some hard to understand reasons. The issue is that once an account is limited, it is very hard or impossible to get back the money in the account.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I chose PayPal over stripe because it seem to be a more preferred option for drop shipping.
Satya
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

Best Transaction tool in the Market.

Overall it is the best tool to use for any transaction. To make any payment to any business or to any third-party vendor also it is best software for that. Also it provides several gateway to collect transaction, setup recurring transactions as well as collecting checks also.

Pros

The Best part is we can add payee using their email address. No Account number or Routing number is needed. We can make the payment through the card also and add the card to the account seamlessly. It also provides auto currency converter so need of thinking about cross country transaction. It provides best gateway for online transaction for any B2B business.

Cons

Sometime Fraudulent activity can occur through the same since users can create some fake account using some fake email id and use that to receive payment which can't be tracked. Also It doesn't have the facility to validate the payment through email or mobile phone after making the payment.

Apple Pay, Google Pay and Amazon Pay

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

The Best part for pyapal is it is platform independent as well as globally accepted form of payment. Also it provides crypto currency payment which is the best part. We can trust on the software as it is PCI compliance. Also it has best customer support.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 30/09/2021

PayPal is an Essential Payment Provider with Amazing Features for Every Business

Overall, my experience with PayPal has been very positive. From the ease of use, convenience and safety of transferring money, PayPal remains one of my top choices for business transactions, especially when dealing with customers and merchants overseas.

Pros

PayPal takes the globe and makes it feel small. Through the payment services PayPal offers, anyone can do business from anywhere, and know that their money, as well as the money of their customers, is safe and secure. PayPal makes it easy to send and receive money. I love PayPal's ability to convert currency easily, as well as the "instant transfer" feature where you can receive money instantly into your bank account from PayPal. I also love that when you receive money, you can use it as "PayPal cash" to pay for other transactions, or deposit it into a linked checking account. While there are several other payment providers available, the features and ease of use that PayPal offers makes it a top performer, and must-have for any business.

Cons

PayPal is truly amazing, and overall has great features. The one downside is the excessive fees. From the instant transfer fees, to the payment fees, etc, PayPal certainly takes its share of revenue. If the fees were lowered, or even eliminated in some cases, PayPal would be the top choice for just about every business.

Square Payments, Apple Pay, Shopify POS and Google Pay

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

While I still use other products as well, PayPal is best for ease of use. Because it was one of the first available payment providers, I find that people of all ages can easily use PayPal, while they may not yet be used to using other payment providers.
Nelson
Nelson

Reviewed on 02/11/2021

Worst customer service and CRIMINAL treatment of long-time clients

Absolutely HORRIBLE. As a company who has processed millions of dollars of transactions with them, you would think it would be possible to speak to someone on the phone (it is but they make you jump through hoops) and then when you do speak to someone they are ENTIRELY unhelpful.

I have since switched to Stripe and I couldn't be happier. I have someone I can call whenever I need help, I was able to get a much better rate than what PayPal was charging me, and Stripe's technology is literally light-years ahead of PayPals.

As an example, with PayPal I spent about 2 MONTH trying to something as simple as add a user to my account so that they could send payments on my behalf - with Stripe I was able to do that in 2 seconds. Plus Stripe has infinitely better reporting, integrations, and sooooo much more.

If you're a serious business considering using PayPal as a payment processor, DO NOT DO IT. Use Stripe instead.

Pros

We use PayPal for payment processing (I own a SAAS company and we sell real estate websites and related services). After moving to Stripe, there is literally nothing that I like or could possibly recommend with PayPal.

Cons

After using PayPal to process payments for my business for over 10 years (we've processed millions of dollars of payments), a few months ago PayPal arbitrarily decided that they were going to place a HOLD on any money in excess of $95,000 every month (we do about about double that) for 21 DAYS!

It's insane! We have VIRTUALLY NO CHARGEBACKS and PayPal has absolutely NO legitimate basis for placing a hold on OUR MONEY. This caused us to be unable to meet our financial liabilities as they also gave is only a few weeks of warning.

We have since switched to Stripe which is a superior platform in EVERY possible way.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I moved to Stripe and am extremely satisfied.
Caitlyn
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/10/2022

The Old Faithful Every Man's Payment Processing Service For Businesses and Ordinary People

My overall experience with PayPal has been a pretty good one. I have used it for multiple things, as I am sure many people have. It was something I familiarized myself with when I started selling items on eBay, then when I moved on to doing other forms of eCommerce, as well as person to person payments. It has served me very well. As I titled this review, it is the old faithful payment processing platform. Perfect whether you are just starting out in business and need a relatively free platform to process your payments that is compatible with pretty much any type of web hosting platform, or just someone who needs to be able to send and receive payments for on the spot projects. I would definitely recommend PayPal.

Pros

The PayPal service is very easy and uncomplicated to use. The fast payment processing, invoice creation, and fraud protection, make it a great platform for anyone looking to start out whether it is in person to person business or eCommerce.

Cons

The only cons I can really think of is the fact that sometimes it is difficult to get a hold of an actual human person when you need a problem solved.

Square Point of Sale and Shopify

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I chose PayPal because it is a service I have used for many years and I know I can trust it. Also, there are somethings that I simply find PayPal to be more convenient in its function. Even though, I do also use Square Point of Sale, I find PayPal to be more convenient in on-the-go outsourcing and freelance situations because most everyone has PayPal and you don't have to ask them to whip out their credit card or whatever. They can just send you the money via PayPal.

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

when it comes to pay and get paid online ,PayPal is the faster, safer way

Overall I enjoyed using Paypal and so far I had no problems at all ,I recommend this to my friends because it is the most reliable option when it comes to online money transfers.

Pros

The ease of use and access.adding crypto currency options.the controlling of the transaction with the ability to view the history with up-to-date information.

Cons

Paypal app on IOS has some serious problems.People can also be blocked by PayPal without warning, and they can freeze and hold money from that account, which is inconvenient for the user.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Paypal has Helped my Online Shopping be Secure and a Piece of Cake!

Overall, I think Paypal is a livesaver for anyone who is dealing with transactions online. In this day in age, security is a huge issue, and scammers are on the rise, and you dont want that to hinder you from making purchases online, so paypal gives me the sense of security when shopping.

Pros

I've been using Paypal for several years now ever since I started my online shopping adventures. Paypal offers many pros of using their service. One of my favorites, and the ease of being able to have my money in my paypal balance and be able to shop literally on several sites which allows me to choose paypal as my payment method with ease. Also, paypal offers secure transactions that are made quick, and not to mention buyer protection on all of your orders, no matter what site you are using, you will be protected. I'm a heavy user of ebay, and Paypal has protected me many of times when I came upon scam sellers on ebay who took off with my money, but since I used paypal as my preferred method , I was able to dispute it with them and they helped get my money back. Another awesome pro about Paypal is that they offer their Papyal Mastercard which you can receive % cashback whenever you use your card. This has earned me soooo much cashback over the years, it accumulates over a month, each month you get a nice chunk of change back.

Paypal also offers features for business owners, and invoicing features to help move your online business and transactions along easily. In my previous jobs, I've utilized Paypal in creating invoices for my customers, and managing all kinds of transactions. If you plan to start doing online shopping , I highly suggest signing up with Paypal, they are trustworthy and will have your back if you run into trouble.

Cons

The cons for Paypal are little to none to be honest. Only thing I would say would be their customer service. It isnt the fastest to get ahold of someone, but when you do they do indeed help you out.

Cullen
Cullen
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

PayPal Reaches New Heights in Security and Convenience

PayPal has served me well over the past 8 years or so and I will continue doing so. I've always felt a sense of security around my purchases and integrity of confidential information. Its amazing how PayPal has managed to serve such high standard of security related services while continuing to enhance its convenience via new features, fast support, and a ever widening network of user touch-points. PayPal's availability is far beyond what today's local banks offer. Users can find uses in websites/stores that accept PayPal, in-person physical access to your account for withdraw or deposit, and full control anytime, anywhere with the mobile app and superb web interface.

Pros

PayPal has always worked without fail when used as a payment method. In one glance at my PayPal dashboard either on my computer or mobile device, I'm able to check my balance, credit balance, credit payment due date and more. I've even found myself without cash or balance in my local checking when I needed to pay a bill. That's when I tried PayPal cash withdrawal using the app for the first time. Within minutes I had the money I needed! There are so many benefits and tools built around convenience within PayPal that I can't say enough. I'm a fan of investing and when PayPal teamed with Acorns for easy round up investments I was quick to take advantage of it. To be honest, I hardly use my checking compared to how much I use my PayPal account.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about PayPal, however I there were a few times I had sent/received money from family and it was mistakenly handled as a payment. The problem was purely user based. More than likely the manner in which we requested and/or sent the money was different than the "Gift" function. The gift being handled as a payment for services instead lead to a fee of a substantial amount. Perhaps some better explanation on requesting a gift vs. payment and such. I see PayPal has recently introduced an invoicing system which is amazing.
I hope they continue to do so as they were lacking free services targeted towards individual entrepreneurs who did business under their own name rather than a business.

• Industry: Research

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Very good, but needs some improvement to be best

I use it mostly for sharing money with friends and family and in this service, PayPal is second to none considering the ease of use. I found it very helpful for online checkouts. A lesser service fee and easier use of paypal credit would make their service more better and impeccable. Overall, it’s a great privilege to use such a nice money management system.

Pros

Paypal is the first money sharing app I have ever used. For their free transfer and instant transfer to PayPal account, I even now keep this app on top of all other such apps. Also most of the online vendors now accept paypal and paypal credit while it is very easy to checkout with one click, hence I use it where I have it as an option. Also I can transfer money from my paypal to bank account and vice versa without any fee. All these are the reasons I love to use it and have been using it almost everyday to split expenses with friends and family as well as using it for online purchases.

Cons

Their customer support is not that much responsive as you will find it hard to talk to a human agent over phone. Also most of the representatives I have talked to so far don’t seem to have a comprehensive knowledge of the system. The representatives need to be more knowledgeable about their service and should serve more promptly. I have faced difficulty to set up recurring payment option with my paypal credit as the use of this extension in their service is still not much user-friendly. They should provide more easier option to set payment options. I have faced issues with payment options as even after selecting a specific payment option with paypal checkout, I was charged from another payment option without my knowledge. Also if you mistakenly pay your friend using money protection feature, they will charge you a fee and there is no option to get back that charged fee even of you do it by mistake. They should be more flexible on such things. Also free trasnfer to the bank accounts sometimes take time more than usual which may mess up your monetary emergency.

Ethan
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 13/02/2020

I use PayPal to pay my bills and receive payments.

I have not had any negative experiences myself but its a really good idea to thoroughly read through all of the terms of service before using PayPal to run a business as you should with any service.

Pros

One of the best pros I can list for this service is that it makes controlling your bill payments very convenient. When it comes to many services nothing is more inconvenient than having to call your service provider to cancel your services when you wish to stop service. I need to cancel various services from time to time to allow for fluctuations in my income as being a freelancer I can never know when I will need to "tighten my purse strings" as the saying goes. I use PayPal to pay my bills whenever a service allows me to because when you need to stop all of your superfluous services like say NetFlix or Amazon Prime, etc, etc PayPal makes extremely easy. All you have to do is disable all of your payment methods like debit and credits cards you have provided to PayPal and PayPal will not be able to make your payments and the services will subsequently not be able to charge you causing what ever services you have connected to PayPal to end until you update your payment methods. It saves me so much time because with this method I don't have to individually login to each service I have connected to PayPal and cancel them.

Cons

Its not an unreasonable practice but the major con in using PayPal is their fees for business transactions. When it comes to refunding fees when a business uses PayPal to receive payments for products or services PayPal charges a non-refundable fee when you use it to take a payment for your products or services and in the event that a business using PayPal has to refund a customer they have to take the hit if they want to give that customer a full refund and this can be quite a hefty loss depending on the amount of the transaction. So if you are using PayPal to take payments you really should make certain that you will not later need to refund the customer you are receiving the payment from, inform the customer that you will not refund the fees paid to PayPal, or charge a fee yourself for the customer to use PayPal in your transactions to cover any potential loses.

Reviewed on 19/03/2020

Pay Pal for Graphic Designer

When we take overall this app is very useful to me.This application is one of my day to day using apapplication .I highly recommend this application to any one who looking to do a safer secure easiest money transaction.

Pros

Pay pal is very useful financial software to me.As a Graphic designer I have to work with many ccustomers through the internet .There for I need some online method to do my money transactions.Pay pal is the best and fastest easiest way to do it.An also many of my customers have been connected with pay pal and it very easy to do money transactions with them .No need to introduce a new application for them becouse this software is very fameous and they now how to work with it very well.It is very hhelpful to me because I have not to bring lot of cash with me to purchase some thing.Just only log in to my paypal application on my mobile and do the transactions.In Sri Lanka Pay Pal is the most popular transaction method when we going to buy something in Ebay. Because It very safer and secure method to do online website transactions.The Pay pal mobile application is very use full.Becouse it make my transactions very easier.And also I can lock or login to this Pay Pal mobile app through my mobile finger print reader there for I makes very easier and secure to do my transactions .I highly recommend this to every one in 20th century.

Cons

This software has some draw backs.I have some trouble with managing and conforming my credit and debit cards.And also some countries have not given access to the pay pal transactions there for when I meet a coustomers from those countries I have to find a different method to do my transactions.And also some online shopping website like Ali express do not approve the pay pal transactions. There for I need to find secure method to do my payments.My country also have some restrictions with pay pal there for some times I could not able to bring my money to my hand from the software .There for I need to find different method to bring my money to my hand.

Ahmed
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 27/04/2020

Satisfaction guaranteed

My overall experience with PayPal has been amazing. It is the only secure program I can trust while ordering medical supplies for me and my team at the hospital, regardless from what website I may need it from online. I’m able to receive transactions from the whole team to be able to pay for something under one transaction which is very helpful to have, to have everyone to pitch in at the same time. Being able to see the history of my usage is always a good way to help me keep tract of when I bought something.

Pros

PayPal is very easy to use for all ages. It is the most secure program while doing transactions. The security is very high and that relaxes me while using PayPal. If someone logs in from a different place than you normally log on with they raise a flag. Customer services is very helpful when you need them. You are able to shop online without worrying about being scammed regardless of the website. You can receive money from anyone very simply. You are able to even send your money on your account to your linked bank account for free! You can receive money on it without worrying about giving out your personal bank information or any other personal information. It’s very helpful for me in a hospitals to buy the supplies I need online that I can not find around me especially during this pandemic going on currently. It secures your credit card that you use as well. Being able to have your account via smartphone on the PayPal account is very useful.

Cons

I dislike not being able to use my account internationally. If I am going on a mission hospital trip overseas, would be nice to be able to receive money via transfer on my PayPal account and deposit in my bank account as I am able to do in the US. It takes a lot of time to process things at times , if I am waiting for a payment from someone it normally takes days. If You could do it instantly would be way more convenient for us. Even in the US I am not able to use it anywhere I’m wanting to , I find certain deals a lot cheaper on websites but it does not have a PayPal feature.

‪Mohammed

Reviewed on 06/09/2020

paypal review - esshaimi

Pros

Paypal is distinguished in terms of sending and receiving money, as it contributes to facilitating many things first regarding the process of sending money quickly, safely and reliably because before it was difficult to send money from one place to another while you are in your place very quickly, but the Paypal site came and facilitated this task and from Among the advantages of Paypal also is the ease of browsing and using the site so that you can move between all its different sections easily and smoothly without any cramps, and also the Paypal site guarantees you a refund of your money in the event someone swindles you or steals your money and also what I like about the Paypal site is the multiplicity The languages ​​used in it, which contribute to facilitating the process of understanding and dealing with it without problems, in addition to that, the Paypal site is used in most websites, in addition to that, you can buy with your bank card using Paypal in order to ensure that you are not defrauded or your money stolen unlike the purchase By using the bank card directly, because in this case you will not be able to recover your money in the event that you are swindled or your money stolen

Cons

Among the negative aspects of the Paypal site is its relatively high commission for sending money, in addition to that, in many cases, various problems occur during the process of sending money from a Paypal account to another account or through withdrawal to a bank card without mentioning the reason for this. The problem is making it difficult to send money, and when you want to communicate with them in order to solve this problem, there are difficulties in terms of quick communication and quick response, and also among the negative things is that the funds are frozen for a certain period that varies for several reasons, whether it is from one Paypal account to another or in terms of a source of reception Money wasting a lot of time.
In addition to that, the account is sometimes frozen for a period of 180 days, or sometimes they require you to send some commercial documents or the national identity card in order to release the presence on your account

Souhil
Souhil

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

The Perfect Payment Platform for Personal and Business use.

Paypal helps me to accept Credit and Debit card payments from my customers and it also, helped me to gain trust because it's safe and secure and I never had any problem with it.
It also, helped me to grow and perform better online and I don't need to worry about my payments not being transferred to my account because with Paypal I get it instantly in my account.
With Paypal I don't get just a Payment Platform I get more than that with Paypal I can really grow and get our Business to the next level.
The company is doing a great job, and I hope we will get a lot of cool and useful features in the future and I'm sure my great experience will continue with them for years.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and I really like the clean UI and I have everything I need in just one place.
One of the best Payment Platforms and I use it for my business for years now and I really never had any problem with them.
The support is great too and if I need anything I just email their support, and they will get back to me and call me in less than 24 hours and I really like their support.
I had an amazing experience with them for +7 years, and I still use Paypal to receive daily payments from my Customers and to send money to my family/friends and pay for services and goods.
I like the Express Checkout option for the websites, and I use it for Shopify and It's fast, secure, and easy to use to get credit card payments from my clients/customers.
I also, like their mobile app it's very easy to use and I can see my store transactions in one place.
It allows me to add my credit/debit cards and my bank account to the platform and I can use my credit/debit card to purchase products online or to send money from it.
They have a lot of accounting and financial stuff and they send me monthly and yearly reports to see how my store is performing.
I can add different currencies to my account, and I can convert between them in one click.
I like the mass payout option too because It allows me to send payments to my VA's at one time and I don't need to do it manually for each person.
They have integration with almost every e-commerce platform in the world Etsy, Shopify, eBay...etc.

Cons

They can allow us to use our PayPal balance to purchase online I don't know why we don't have this feature available for Paypal users in Algeria.
Paypal fees are a little high especially if you receive an international transaction from another Paypal user.
but, after all, we get a lot of useful tools and features and the support is great too.

Tyler
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

Has everything you need but can be more efficient when navigating

Overall PayPal is great for business and personal needs, but can definitely use a few tweaks to further enhance the users experience. I would highly recommend it for anyone to use.

Pros

I love and rely on the "quick links" on the dashboard, as the icons help make things quick and easy to navigate to where you need to go. I almost exclusively use these buttons as opposed to the top menu bar, as it doesn't feel the most user friendly.

Sending invoices work very well providing plenty of options. You enter in your clients information, and have the choice to save as a draft, copy the link to the invoice, or send to their email. Having these options are so vital, because each client may have different preferences.

Transferring money to friends and family is 100% free of charge, and very easy to use (especially on the mobile app). So many marketplaces and online shops nowadays have PayPal integrated which is great, as it can speed up the checkout process, while providing an extra layer of protection from your card or other payment methods being compromised you wouldn't have otherwise.

Cons

Page load time can feel slow, if the time can be cut it'd be more pleasant to use.

The interface on the dashboard can feel cluttered at times, this makes it a bit difficult to find exactly what I need. Some of the menus I feel can be simplified / optimized.

No dark mode option. I use PayPal at night quite often and having this can make it easier on the eyes.

No built-in PayPal transaction fee estimator / calculator. I'd love to see how much PayPal will take from the total transaction of a business invoice. I always find myself using a third party tool to calculate the fees, which takes time away from getting invoices out quick.

The money in / money out side panel on the dashboard. I feel it can be combined into one, and don't care much for the "At a glance" displaying recent invoices section as I normally go to the manage invoice page to see everything I need.

No "Send Money" button below balance. Would love to see an additional button right below the PayPal balance box on the dashboard, and have it labeled as "Send Money"