Guusto Reviews

About Guusto

Guusto makes it easy for HR Leaders at companies with 200+ employees to consistently reward great work and shape amazing culture. Now the #1 HIGHEST RATED recognition platform on G2! Start with a FREE ACCOUNT and being sending...

Browse Guusto Reviews

1,593 of 1,594 reviews
Debarati
Debarati

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Perfect Gifting Platform

Very satisfied with the Guusto experience. It gives the right choice to empower teams and recognize clients for their loyalty towards the brand.

Pros

Easy to use platform. Good selection of merchantsEasy to redeem Gift card balance can be combined to use for a bigger valuation

Cons

No physical gift merchants are available. For example, if I wish to send some physical gifts to someone using the platform, I cannot do that.

GroupGreeting

Reasons for Switching to Guusto

Easy to useUsed it earlier so knew the product betterLiked its customer experience
Shana
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Remarkable

Very much appreciative, for everything that has been given my way.

Pros

Employees involvement, team shout outs. Daily updates

Cons

More options with in company, dress out days

Jorge
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

Easy to learn, simple choice

Pros

The free account makes the process of learning the app real easy. The fact you feel helping the environment with the One Drop Foundation its a high point up.

Cons

They should improve the global access of the app, Spanish language and support its really needed.

Top Guusto Alternatives

• Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Customer service saves the day :)

Pros

I did have a problem and had to use my credit card to complete my purchase, it was the merchant who was having the issue and frustration I faced was calming and professionaly handeled by gusto as we investageted and figured out the issue. Once we did I went back to the merchant they refunded my purchase to my credit card(another experience that I would rather forget) it was even worse than the purchase, I would suggest that all the issues were with the merchant, all the way. Once refunded I worked with a manager at the store and was able to get my purchase refunded and paid in full by the gusto gift card. It was a pleasure to deal with the gusto team. The merchant not so much. I want to add a follow up to this as I went to a different merchant and everything just worked as you would expect.

Cons

I did not have instructions/knowledge to deal what was happening. I am not certain how I would have known without having to have just experieced it, perhaps some youtubes to watch about using the app and how the process would have better prepared me for the step's needed.

Gurleen

Reviewed on 03/01/2024

Awesome platform/userfriendly

I will always give 10/10 as it fulfills my requirements and needs. Its integrated very well

Pros

I like this platform, very easy to use so simplified and less time consuming. Easy to understand. Best platform ever used

Cons

I don't see any cons. Because everything is so perfectly well designed.

Judy

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

I received a Guusto card from my supervisor, and want to let everyone know how great they are!!

I enjoy getting as well as receiving and being able to use Guusto easily

Pros

Once I received my Guusto ecard I was excited to see how I could use it. I reviewed ALL the venders that work with Guusto and I can't believe someone could not find a vender that they would like to use it on. It's so easy to use and you can also use it on several different vendors if you'd like. It's great!!

Cons

I'm 'older' and love the printed version vs something that is on my phone. You are able to print your certificate and bring it to a restaurant, store, use it on Amazon, just about anything you can think of. It's very easy!!

Kieran
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 30/12/2023

Using Guusto for SP+

Pros

Guusto is a new platform that SP+ is using to help with recognition of their employees. Guusto seems to be easy to navigate and I find it a great way to connect throughout the company. Upon SP+ launching forward with Guusto, it did not take much to get started. Guusto is being intergrated into our workforce and it has not yet brought any specific challenges. While I feel that something like Guusto could lead to difficulty with customer support I have not experienced any issues where I have found myself without support. However, I am new to Guusto and I have not used it a lot. With this being said I am still learning all of the different features available. So far, Guusto has worked great to connect the company that I work with and I am very pleased with my experience.

Cons

I have not yet found something that I dislike about Guusto.

Zaria
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 21/01/2024

Great for entrapenuers

Pros

It keeps track of all my current clients, expenses and employment expenses

Cons

I haven’t really found any dislikes as of yet all of my issues are addressed by customer service

Reviewed on 04/01/2024

Easy and innovative platform for gifting

Pros

Simplicity of gift sharing/claiming with tons of options for any company!

Cons

Could be used more frequently by external partners ( not only internal company)

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 25/01/2024

Thanks Guusto

Pros

Good recognition option, to keep the team motivated, in a secure and transparent platform.

Cons

Add more options to redeem the recognition

Joseph

Reviewed on 01/02/2023

Excellent mechanism to reward all employees.

Guusto adapted very quickly to our needs as a company and managed to send all kinds of rewards to our employees without any limit, thanks to this platform we have been able to grant economic bonuses for various work groups of our company, in addition, I loved the function which allows me to send prizes in a general way for a specific sector, the platform allows me to send gift cards for exact sectors, such as HR or the Marketing sector. I loved the experience obtained with Guusto, I consider that I will continue using it to reward my employees for their work performance.

Pros

Guusto has been the best way we have used to send constant rewards and recognition to our employees. The first thing I liked about Guusto is the great variety of gift cards available to give an award to an employee, the platform allows me to send a specific gift card but also allows me to send a reward link to an employee, this way the employee will be able to enter that link and claim the gift card that suits their needs, for the amount sent. Guusto's reminder system works perfectly, it is able to inform me when an employee has redeemed a reward, in addition, it sends constant reminders to the employee to redeem the reward they have received. The delivery time of the prizes is instantaneous, each prize sent to my employees is received immediately, I loved that.

Cons

The first negative characteristic about this platform is that it is not possible to schedule the sending of rewards or bonuses to our employees for specific dates, the only way to send rewards within this platform is to do it manually, and despite the fact that the sending process is quite quickly, I think a function should be implemented where you can schedule the delivery of rewards for exact dates. The second negative point is that Guusto does not send alerts when we have almost no money left to send rewards to our employees, which sometims causes us to not be able to send rewards since we have not noticed that there are no funds within Guusto.

Eliot
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Cost efficient solution for national contests

The Guusto team was quick to provide solutions to meet the needs and expectations of our recipients. Even though the original scope of our contest did not involve using Guusto (but the global pandemic made us reevaluate our rewards program on the go), their exceptional customer service allowed us to transition to Guusto without causing delay. They were quick to respond to emails and always available for phone calls and video chats to discuss strategy and next steps.

I look forward to using them regularly in the future, as a cost effective option that aligns with our company's paperless (green friendly) initiatives.

Pros

The Guusto platform provided a solution to the social distancing and office closures faces by many businesses today. It enabled our company to run a nationwide sales contest and issue rewards to individuals across the country instantly - at a significantly lower cost by eliminating postage.

Cons

If I had to submit a request for future enhancements, it would be to make the recipient links have added security such as requiring them to enter their name. I realize passwords are challenging when dealing with large numbers or recipients - but if each recipient was required to enter their name or email to access their reward bank - it may make me feel more confident that only the intended recipient will ever see/access their bank.

...if this was not a required question - I would not have filled out this field.

Response from Guusto

Hi Eliot, thanks so much for leaving an awesome review! We are so glad to hear that Guusto was able to supply the rewards needed for your sales contest, and that you were happy with the timely support we provided to distribute the rewards within a short time frame! We are launching a site-wide product update that will include several new features to make the gifting and redemption experience even better, so, stay tuned! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our customer support if you need anything. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member! Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 16/06/2020
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Great way to engage and keep people motivated!

The flexibility afforded to the account holder to allow the recipient to choose their merchant of choice removes the "I hope they like this" dilemma. Guusto also helps bypass the prepaid credit card activation fees, which is a huge bonus as well.

From a business perspective, having reports which track gifts purchased is a key differentiator as gift cards are often one of the things that businesses' forget about when it comes time for filing corporate taxes. The tax implication for the end-user is also tracked and can be filed through regulatory requirements for year-end as well, keeping all parties in compliance. Tracking redemption (and therefore engagement) is a huge bonus. The knowledge that unredeemed amounts won't go to waste gives companies peace of mind that they aren't just buying a traditional gift card but a full-stack service to manage their rewards and recognition systems far more efficiently.

Pros

It's always a pleasant surprise when a vendor, manager, or peer sends a nice e-gift as a follow-up random act of kindness.

The key strength of the Guusto platform is the ease of use. The iOS app interface is straightforward to navigate once you have it downloaded and relatively intuitive for a person who's never received a product like this before. The creation of the account was seamless, as was accessing the bundle of merchants that Guusto currently offers, which will grow over time.

The best part of the entire web service is the dashboard which allows you to glance at everything important to an end user quickly. The robust reporting features that an admin/team owner can access help quantify engagement that isn't possible through traditional "gift card hand out" systems that I've used before.

Cons

Certain merchants have a minimum spend limit which can be limiting to the redeemer.

Vito
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Great cost effective product

The experience has been great. Their team has made it really simple to roll out. Customer support is quick to respond to any questions.

Pros

It allows our HR team to work on core functions because Guusto manages our employees recognition program which otherwise would be time consuming. Rewards are very flexibility that staff really like. It has allowed us to modernize, attract and retain staff.

Cons

Cant really identify any weaknesses. It has been great.

Response from Guusto

Hi Vito,

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review! We look forward to continuing to power your recognition programs. Reach out anytime if we can be any help or would like to see anything added to our product roadmap.

Muucho Guusto,

Emma

Replied 11/07/2020
Lee
Lee
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

Best and most affordable self-service gifting and recognition platform

We currently use Guusto to send employees vouchers for work tenure miletones and sales performance / hitting targets. When working in-person, we would buy things like champaign, but we are working from home right now and the feedback from the team so far has been that they actually prefer the choice this gives them better. I'm confident that we will use Guusto more often internally and even start using for clients.

They also offer a recognition service with nomiations that we haven't tested out until there is wider adoption in the business, but from looking at the webinars and documentations, it looks decent.

Give it a try! It's free to test out, the support is very responsive, plenty of documentation and webinars.

Pros

I did a lot a research into different companies and tested out a few - lots had prices locked behing webinar paywalls, unneccesary features (for our business), and large minium order requirements or contracts. What I like best about Guusto is the simplicity - it's so easy to use, has transparent pricing, and has lots of choices for gift recipients to chose from. The options include online gift cards, coffee shops, restautants, charity donations, and much more. Recipients can even save up to make bigger purchaes.

Cons

Hard for me to find an answer for this one!.. If there was any feature that I would like to see improves, would be payment options for ad-hoc purchases. There is a reasonable fee for credit card transactions, but the other options for bank transfers etc. require you to email over receipts and didn't seem very slick. If there were integrations to mainstream online payment processors or even an auto pay with bank details, I would be much more likely to have a bigger commitment.

Response from Guusto

Hi Lee,

Thanks for leaving us a review! We're so glad to hear that you love using Guusto! Our new product upgrade coming soon will streamline the payment process even more, so stay tuned! Reach out anytime if you have any questions, and thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :)

Muucho Guusto,

Emma

Replied 23/07/2020
Dawn
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Guusto makes on-the-spot recognition easy!

Pros

This enables our managers to recognize people on the spot with gifts that they want. We can track and see the awards being made. Roll out was painless. Once you understand how it works, it is very easy to use as a manager awarding gifts. Empowers managers to add more funds to their accounts if they wish to do so.

Cons

The reporting capability could be improved to make it easier for us to take a standard report and share it across the leadership/management team. There are reports available and a dashboard with metrics, but I want to see common themes and statements. Or, would be nice to publish it to the whole organization so that they don't have to log in to see everyone's Guusto awards.

Response from Guusto

Hi Dawn, thank you so much for leaving us a review! It's great to hear that Guusto has made real-time recognition easy and impactful for you. We're so glad onboarding was a breeze :) As for the reporting feature, you can always export the Gift Report into an excel file that you can share with your team! Feel free to contact our support team and they'd be happy to help you find these reports. Muucho Guusto!

Replied 23/12/2019
Slavka
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Awesome service!

Pros

I am so pleased we use guusto! I send at least one gift card each week and this has been a tremendous time saver on my end (seriously, we have the longest email addresses ever! typing that in starbucks 150 times is no fun!), but also our staff members are way happier with more options than simply starbucks and tim hortons! We have 50 staff nationwide and we do gift cards each week but each staff also receives card for their anniversary and another one for their birthday... Any time I am not clear on anything, I know I get an answer right away. If I do something silly, they always point me in the right direction and never once made me feel like I should have been able to fix it on my own. Super happy with guusto!

Cons

The only con is that I did not discover them sooner!

Response from Guusto

Hi Slavka, thank you for leaving us a review. We're so glad to hear Guusto has made your life easier! We know that people love the flexibility of choosing what they want- it's great that your team feels the same way! Feel free to reach out any time you have questions, our support team is more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 24/10/2019
Jordan

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Great Tool for Increasing Employee Recognition

Overall, we have had a great experience with Guusto. I have worked directly with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] when we were looking into the tool and they were always available to talk or to answer my questions. I have working with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on many occassions and she has helped me troubleshoot, and has assisted in obtaining alternatives during this uncertain time. Great customer service from the whole team!

Pros

What we like most about this software is that it is easy to use, has a nice user interface and provides us with a great tool to not only recognize our employees, but our employees can recognize each other.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the option to have a lower gift amount then the minimum $10.

Response from Guusto

Hi Jordan,

Thanks so much for your awesome review! We are so glad to hear that Guusto has provided a positive user experience for you, and that your employees love being able to recognize their peers too!

The minimum gift value has recently been lowered to $5! Feel free to give it a try next time you send a gift ;)

Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you need anything in the future. Thanks for being an awesome Guusto member :)

Replied 23/06/2020
William
William
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

Perfect Way to Recognize Employee Performance!

Guusto has helped me recognize employees through a very simple solution that works well in a work from home environment. The major benefit of using Guusto is the flexibility of being able to choose a vendor that suits each individual person's needs. There's no need to decide and limit to purchasing a gift card form a specific vendor.

Pros

Guusto is very intuitive. Immediately after signing up, I was able to figure out how to navigate, fund my account, and send gift cards almost instantly. I was able to send gifts to multiple users while still having the ability to customize each gift individually. Very simple and easy to use!

Cons

The only downside of Guusto is the limited options to fund the account without incurring additional fees, such as funding via a credit card payment. I did have to wait for my account to be verified before I was actually able to use it. However, the turnaround on this process happened within the same day.

• Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

No more plastic cards, gifts are redeemable at any partner venue

Pros

My company uses Guusto to recognize employees for their great performance. It's really to receive little gift cards whenever I go the extra mile and deliver results.

It makes me feel like the effort is appreciated. And I love that Guusto gifts provide flexibility and I get to choose where to redeem it!

So much better than plastic cards!

Cons

Would be nice if it was available outside US and Canada as well. :)

Response from Guusto

Thank you for taking the time to share a review! We're glad to hear you're liking your company's Guusto program as a gift recipient. We recently added Prepaid Mastercards as a redemption option, which can be used in 160+ countries! Have your program administrator reach out to our customer success team so we can help them get it added to your company's program. Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 03/10/2019
Harpreet

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

awesome

Fast
User friendly
Lot of vendors to choose from

Cons

Should have a save button just in case if you have to exit in the middle of sending the card

Response from Guusto

Hi Harpreet, thank you for leaving us a review! We're glad Guusto has made recognition simple and impactful for you. Feel free to reach out if you have questions anytime. Muucho Guusto :)

P.S. We love our gift card vendor options too! ;)

Replied 04/12/2019
Dani
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Guusto Review

This is making things easier.

Pros

It is impactful because it can be instant. It can be easy to use and is an easy way to recognize someone.

Cons

I find the loading of funds easy but then the dispersing of funds more difficult but it has been improved upon.

Response from Guusto

Hi Dani, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. We're glad to hear that you have found Guusto easy to use and impactful - that's the goal! As for the allocation of funds, there are currently three ways to do so, for maximum flexibility and different company structures. That being said, we'd love to make your experience five-stars: if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to reach out to our support team directly via live chat or email [email protected], and we would be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto! :)

Replied 11/03/2020
Robert
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Great platform

Excellent program overall

Pros

Love how easy it is to use. Has Great selections to choose and effective getting the recognition in a timely manner.

Cons

Nothing really to dislike! Everything is super easy to use even for someone that isn't tech savvy

Reviewed on 02/10/2019

Guusto Review

Allows us to take our rewards and recognition programs to the next level which contributes to the achievements of our strategic goals/initiatives.

Pros

Generally easy to use and understand, lack of fees is fantastic, and the overall support from customer service is great.

Cons

As an admin I have somewhat less control over the user's account than would be desired i.e. user can create account with multiple/personal email addresses so a little less conducive for the corporate setting.

Response from Guusto

Hi Chris, Glad to hear that Guusto is helping your firm achieve strategic goals! That's why we show up to work every day. As the Team Admin, you have full control over your Team Member accounts and any funds you allocate to them for sending gifts. You can also set restrictions, if you prefer that gift recipients only claim gifts with their company email address instead of a personal email address. Reach out to our customer success team anytime, as we'd be happy to help you get this set up and earn your 5th star! Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 03/10/2019
Lisa

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

All is good

I just find people that receive it don't know what it is and they are hesitant to open it. Not sure that there is anything Guusto can do about that.

Pros

I like how quick and easy Guusto is to use.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can pinpoint

Response from Guusto

Hi Lisa, thank you kindly for leaving us a review. It's great to hear that Guusto has made recognition easy for you! While Guusto is extremely safe to use, we understand some people might be hesitant- I'd suggest adding your branding colours and logo for gift emails, or selecting "print or export" so you can send the gift link to the recipient yourself.
Feel free to reach out to our support team if you need help setting this up, and we'd be more than happy to help. Muucho Guusto :)

Replied 09/12/2019