Google Drive Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Google Drive

Google Drive helps users store company data in one place. Users can access files from desktop and mobile devices and control how team members share these files. The platform provides a central admin panel, data-loss prevention...

4.7
4.7

Browse Google Drive Reviews

27,435 of 27,435 reviews

Reviewed on 01/09/2020

Probably the easiest to use, full featured, cloud file storage system on the market

I needed a place to store documents that I'd be able to access securely from any device. I also wanted to be able to use this storage system to collaborate with other people on storing and/or delivering documents. This software is perfect for that need.

Pros

Google Drive is probably the easiest software to use for cloud file storage. It has apps for phones, tablets, mac, and pc. I mostly use the web interface for managing my files and permissions because it seems to have the most robust and consistent feature set. It's remarkably easy to upload a file and then share that file with another person or get a public link to that file to post anywhere. I like that you can share entire folders and make collaborating on file storage downright simple. You can upload multiple files at once and it handles it in the background. It's mac and pc apps make it possible to sync a folder (or your entire drive if you want) with a folder on your computer. It has very generous storage allotments and a payment structure for upgrades that's neither complex nor expensive. Another awesome feature is the ability to preview most documents. Most only storage systems just allow you to view a file type thumbnail and download the file. When looking through hundreds of files, it's cumbersome at best. But with Drive, you can easily preview most documents without having to open them in a separate window.

Cons

It is very difficult (possibly impossible) to collaborate with users who don't have a Google account. Also, when trying to implement Google Drive via a custom software product, their API documentation is very complicated. Their examples are almost useless. Finally, it's not a version control system. While Google Docs and Sheets allow users to see the history of their edits, it's not simple (it may not be possible) to recover a document from Google Drive that was changed/deleted in the past. There is a trash system, but it's not for recovering different versions of a file. None of these were deal-breakers for me, so I love the software.

Dropbox Business, IDrive and iCloud

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drive was not only cheaper, but had better integrations with other platforms and a simpler overall interface.
Alan
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 01/03/2024

Reliability versatility and cost all worth one

I can't complain. It's very versatile, easy and everyone knows it how to use it. That being said, because I maximize that two terabytes for the cloud per year about $500 to 1,000 annually. You do get perks such as exclusive software, VPN by Google. You get free web dark scans to make sure your not vulnerable on the dark web etc

Pros

I feel like I shouldn't even have to explain this but the way it's laid out over the years. Your teaching yourself how to use without even noticing it's very. Subprime

Cons

Would say a long time ago. Couple years it was a little bit laggy but now compared more cloud base storage and cost I cannot complain. There's no recoil at this point

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

It would took a more space and it may have more features but it didn't need to be that much extra for what was needed. I would still maybe should have outlook for academical feature

Microsoft Outlook
Leane

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Cloud Storage Exchanged?

Overall it's still the best value for money and better than the others.

Pros

Favourite features would probably be that it's easier to use than the other 2 popular offerings out there.

Syncing is very easy on PC and mobile devices.

I personally like the comfortable view setting that is available.

Moving folders on the app is easy enough.

Cons

Well like everything in life something's could be improved apon.

The app could improve on the search function, detection of duplicate files. The filter function needs allot of work oh oh and the search function.

And it would be great if more extensions worked with Google drive.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Just annoyed everyone and the company voted to end the pain

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

It's just the easiest to use and staff tested it and the fact that sharing folders is easy

Top Google Drive Alternatives

Jakub
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 09/08/2023

Very useful backup and data storage manager

I am very satissifed overall, because G Drive has everything I need including the access from whatever device I want.

Pros

I really love the accessibility, that I can reach my files from the computer, mobile phone, my tablet... From whatever device I am logged in on my Google account, I can access my files. I can sort them by folders, files, date etc, files are also backed up across devices, storage data plan is also not so expensive for me. I also can color the folders which is the feature I am using a lot. It's better for me as I can easily find the right files and folders then.

Cons

Google drive is great for me as a whole, so nothing is bad for me. Maybe that Docs and Sheets doesn't have all the features as other services, but it is not primarily the Drive's issue.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

I have chosen Google drive, because I am using everything from the Google and I want to have seamless sync across devices.
Muhammad
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 21/01/2024

Office life saver app

Google drive is a part of my daily office life plus i use it for my personal document wallet as well.

Pros

File sharing become so easy and i store all my important documents in google drive and even access them from mobile.

Cons

No special discounts or extra storge offers

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google drive is more reasonable and easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Google Drives give best dashboard which is easy to use
Kayla
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

The #1 business tool for organizing and sharing files

This tool facilitated the startup of my business!

Pros

What I enjoy most about Google Drive is that it offers all-in-one solutions, for free up to a certain amount of storage, compared to Microsoft Office. Backups are saved and documents are synched automatically and I can collaborate simultaneously with coworkers and clients in the same document to facilitate work.

Cons

There is sincerely nothing that I don't like about Google Drive. I use it all day, every day within my business. I couldn't survive without it!

Umar
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 09/08/2023

Review of Google Drive

As I Explained above, my overall experience with google drive is fantastic, it's very usefull tool for me & I Already recommended it to many of my friends, They are using it & Enjoying. Most of them are IOS users but they love Google drive due to it's features.

Pros

Google drive is my best companion in the sense of carrying my data anywhere, logging in from any of my devices & start getting access to my data. All I need to do is "Sign in " with my Gmail account & My data is in front of me. It's such a usefull & Needfull Tool from Google.

Cons

Yeah in start there were some complications for creating seperate folders to put my data into seperate folders invidually, May be I was wrong at that time I didn't have that much info about it like how to use it. But Yes, for now there is nothing Like that, I can use it very smoothly & Keep my data at it's cloud storage to use it on my all devices.

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Better Than Dropbox

Pros

Easy to use UX and Navigation, integration with Gmail makes downloading directly from emails easy. Pairs well with Android phones and handles large uploads well

Cons

The zip for download functionality. It's slow and times out, wasting time and effort.

You only have a finite amount of storage belt you have to pay. It's cheaper than most, but still annoying.

Toshia
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Best file manager ever

I love Google drive there is no changing for me.

Pros

I love how easy and beautiful it is to file share and save and send emails.

Cons

I don't have a big con yet. At least maybe able to customize the colors in the interface.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Nothing beats the Google drive. It's already in my email.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

The best cloud storage for all devices!!

Pros

Super handy to store all your photos & documents
Share documents in real time
Excellent for group projects

Cons

So far I have no issues with Google drive.

Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

Google drive is my daily perosonal and work related cloud storage and always

Overall google drive is my key cloud storage, very well integrated into all my devices. And I am using it as part of my daily life, both personally and professionally. I would like to share it with my friends, families and colleagues. It also has a great integration with gmail which I am using to access emails and sharing documents.

Pros

1. It has very advanced and strong security, you can upload files and limited different levels of access (read, write, etc) to you and your friends.
2. It has a very easy way to share documents with friends, by click a link to generate a tiny url that can be sent via email, sms, and all other chat programs.
3. It supports all types of documents, such as powerpoint, spreadsheet, word documents, pdf, and there are a huge library you can install extensions for more types of documents.
4. you can easily map local drive and it will take care of the synchronisation, and you don't need to do any extra work to have your documents available everywhere online.
5. excellent integration with gmail, you can insert documents from gmail text editor, also you can download and save attachment directly into google drive.

Cons

1. Sometimes after I uploaded word documents, the format is messed up, it might be because the different format between Google and Microsoft office.
2. Sometimes it failed to upload from my mobile and asking me to provide feedbacks. But it never get fixed or improved. I would like to see more support from Google's team.
3. Permission management is a bit confusing, it is hard to have a overview which extensions have what permissions in google drive.

Amazon S3

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Great integration with all other google products. such as Gmail, Google Sheet, Google Doc, etc.
Lindsie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Google Drive is an essential business tool

Drive is an essential tool for me in my business and personal life. I trust that everything I do is backed up and it makes it very easy to find what I need at any time from anywhere. I also don't have to bring my work laptop home with me because I can access my documents from my personal computer. This means I don't have to worry about forgetting my gear at home and being dead in the water at work. I also use drive to make company wide accessible folder for policies ,procedures, surveys, newsletters, etc so people can find what they need without having to print things out and waste paper and things can be updated instantly accross the whole company.

Pros

I can access all of my files where ever I am. I can easily sign in from any computer or phone, and since drive syncs with folders already existing on my devices, I don't need to move anything around or change my file set up to get it to back up appropriately. It had a decent amount of free space with it and makes it easy to change between accounts (personal and work) so I can find what I need. It syncs with a variety of other frequently used software, such as the rest of the google suite, slack etc. and has lots of options for sharing or hiding access to files.

Cons

I don't like that I can't have my files / folders sorted differently. The sorting method I choose gets applied to the entire contents of my drive, so I can't have my folders sorted alphabetically but the contents sorted by date simultaneously. I also struggle to find a way to organize the files and folders shared with me more appropriately. Mostly, everything is just dumped in one 'shared with me' section and it can be annoying to find something. I also wish i could customize notifications on a document by document basis (when others edit it) instead of a general 'notify me or not' for all documents.

Isaac
  • Industry: Tobacco

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Drive by Google review by Isaac Fungura

I basically work in Google Drive folder, all my work documents, school work, and important family documents are in that drive for easy back up and sync.
I also share study notes with study mates and work documents with co-workers.
I created a family tree for my greater family and since I did not know everyone from my ancestors to the current greater family members, I just shared the document with a few family members I had email addresses, then they also tagged others from the greater family. I allowed them to edit the Family Tree document until we came up with a comprehensive document that included everyone and it was formatted to look very nice and easier to navigate. I did it in Ms Excel on desktop so others in the family with exceptional excel skills assisted to perfect the document through distance collaboration

Pros

Drive offers fantastic storage solutions.
Can easily tag work colleagues, schoolmates, friends and family on documents and folders that may not be easily sharable with email.
Very good sync for files between desktop and devices, allows quick access to a bunch of files from another terminal
Keeps files safe online because of password protection and also can have a 2 step verification by Google
It can be installed on several devices - I have it on my phone, laptop and tab. You can also just login online from a device that does not sync your data, just like email
Easy and quick to install on any machine with good connectivity
I can edit in Drive online or in the synced folder(s) on the laptop and achieve the same result
It also has Google Sheets, Google Docs and Google Slides among other handy apps to create content or view or edit online
When offline, I can still view documents on my synced folder on the laptop/desktop and work on them offline then they will sync when I get back online

Cons

There's need to secure the laptop with a password etc to ensure the synced Google Drive folder is safe since data is already downloaded onto the laptop folder.
Also, data may easily be deleted from your laptop, and in turn it also deletes from the online drive through sync
If you are using the free version, you are limited to 15 Gig, hence you have to upgrade to premium to get additional storage space or create another account, though you'll still be limited if you are a heavy user like myself, in which case, premium is the only way to go.
Storage is shared across all Google services including photos, videos, hence you can quickly use up your space

Philip
Philip
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Drive your efficiency and organization to the next level

The best way Drive is helping us is by keeping individual teams together on projects and updates about those projects. This has replaced emailing updated files back and forth, and always wondering if you have the most recent file or not.

Pros

Google Drive allows me to easily organize all of my files and have access to them on the go. With mobile application and website access, I can access my files anywhere I have internet. This is huge for me as I travel with regularity and need to work on my projects. Another pro is that my team can all access the same files and collaborate on projects.

Cons

It lacks simplicity in selecting to share certain files with individuals. I would like to see that feature improved.

Sync and Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

We switched because Google Drive was more affordable than Dropbox.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

The cost of Drive is what drove our decision to go with it.
Sebastian

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

Google Drive - Sebastian Van Hemert

My overall experience with Drive is quite pleasent. As expressed earlier, there are much more pros than cons when it comes to this service. All I wish it could improve upon is its speed for viewing photos and if the algorithm could do some sorting on its own instead of just clumping everything togethed. All in all, I am satisfied and I would recommend. I have now recommended Drive to my mother, uncle, and girlfriend and they seem to like it as well.

Pros

I enjoy Google Drive's wide spectrum of file types that can be uploaded to its cloud. I am able to upload files ranging from photos, videos, presentations, songs, and PDF's all the way to entire databases, movies, and other compressed data. Then, I am also a fan of its compatibility with other members of the Google Suite–such as Docs, Slides, and Sheets–that Drive serves as a central hub for. The fact that Drive is free is another bonus, which is particularly helpful to students like me because most of my assignments are stored in Drive with my student email. Whereas, I have personal data on Google Drive through my personal email. I like to keep my data organized so I am glad Drive offers files to be stored in different folders. Lastly, one of Drive's most remarkable features is that it can be accessed anywhere by using its mobile application.

Cons

I sometimes find myself struggling with Drive's speed, especially when accessing my photos. I used to store most of my pictures on iCloud but Apple forces customers to pay after a certain GB limit. Drive, on the other hand, offers more space than Apple does and for free. The only problem is that it can be extremely slow at times no matter how fast your internet is. I once uploaded all the pictures from my PC on to Drive to create space on my hard drive, but now when I want to access these pictures on Drive it will take forever for each individual image to load. This makes it impossible for slideshow viewing.

Another feature I dislike is that it will often clump all the data together in the recent feed, no matter the file type. I wish it could automatically separate pictures from videos, and videos from PDF's, and such.

Benjamin
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 18/10/2020

Great for documents, but nothing more

If you're in the creative industry and have team members that work on projects through collaboration, this is not your software.

If you have an admin that needs access to documents and needing to keep track of things in a spreadsheet and possibly have the occasional powerpoint presentation, this will be enough for you—especially for the price

Pros

create, editing, and storing documents, google drive is wonderful. I'm able to create templates that can be accessed on multiple devices from multiple users at almost any time i need them.

this has completely replaced the microsoft office suite that i've been using for years.

Cons

file storage, collaboration, management, and sharing is subpar to say the least.

nowadays with files getting larger and larger—especially in the creative industry with photos, videos, and graphics—the storage is not nearly enough, even on the highest tier plan.

Gilbert
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

An essential software for collaboration and cloud storage

I have saved hundreds of hours combining edits from collaborators on important documents. I simply share a folder with all my collaborators, and they enter their input for me. I only have to work with one version (its always the most up to date) that is placed in the collaboration folder.

Pros

Ease of use, file sharing capability, edit with collaborators in real time, cloud storage without taking up precious hard disk space, offline loading capability.

Cons

editing with 10 collaborators at the same time is very difficult. Its almost like you have to set a schedule for who edits when.

Reasons for Choosing Google Drive

Google drive was free, worked great, and did not take up hard disk space.

Reasons for Switching to Google Drive

Price, ease of use, no local space utilized.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

Google Drive for G Suite - Pros easily outweigh the cons.

Our company shares a lot of files and folders within the company as well as outside our organization with customers. Google Drive has been a simple solution to keep everyone on the same page with shared files/folders and gives us the option to temporarily share files with clients using the permission expiration features. We love that it keeps everything in one place but is easily accessible from just about anywhere.

Pros

- Ease of use: it doesn't get easier than Google Drive. We use Google Drive with our business G Suite account, the ease of use makes onboarding new employees quick and simple which means less wasted time for management.
- Accessibility: Access from ANYWHERE. Instant upload and instant availability means accessing files on the go is simple and fast.
- File sharing: Add an email address and you're good to go. Easily set permissions for what that person is able to do (view only, edit, organize, share, etc.) and change those permissions just as quickly if need be.
- File sharing expiration: We love this feature. We share images with our clients and give them a time frame to have the option to download or save their files. You can customize that time frame for any length of time. After that window of time is up, the link automatically stops sharing. No setting reminders or deleting share permissions.
- Commenting on files: Just found this little gem and it's amazing. We have a lot of shared files and folders, you can easily comment or make notes on both. This is very helpful if the folder is missing something or a file needs annotating but you don't want to markup the actual file.

Cons

- File "corruption": Occasionally one of our shared files will be opened on a PC and someone else will open it on a Mac and for some reason that doesn't always go smoothly on the back end. The next time you open the file it sometimes says it's corrupted. Luckily, (a "pro") Google Drive automatically saves "versions" so you can fairly easily restore an earlier version before the file was corrupted and typically you don't lose any changes or information. Mostly just an inconvenience.
- Commenting on files: While this is a huge "pro", the only downside is that the comments are not timestamped or dated so it's hard to keep a string of comments or notes going to show updates or changes.

Ricardo Andrés
Ricardo Andrés
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

GOOGLE DRIVE MORE AND BETTER STORAGE IN THE CLOUD

In addition to the usual files that can be shared on Google Drive, there are some special documents "THE GOOGLE DOCS" which is another point for me that clearly highlights Google Drive.

These are similar to Microsoft Office's "GOOGLE TEXT DOCUMENT WOULD BE WORD EQUIVALENT" and "GOOGLE'S CALCULATION SHEET WOULD BE THE EXCEL EQUIVALENT" with the difference that there may be several people working on it at the same time being a great help for work at distances in groups or teams.

All this plus the synchronization of folders and files from the computer or mobile device which allows to edit the files since, Google Drive will analyze the changes and apply them to your files in the cloud, this happens with all the actions "delete, edit, add "and with all types of files from any synchronized device, sharing documents now becomes easier when they ask for topics or shared analysis in some kind of format

Pros

WHY CHOOSE GOOGLE DRIVE?

Simply because it offers more storage space in the cloud in its free plan of 15 GB in total compared to other hosting services, however, this space is actually the general of the entire Google account, since it also counts the space that contain your Google+ photos and your Gmail emails.

But despite this apparent limitation the space offered by Google Drive continues to be much higher compared to other storage services, therefore, store all your files on the Internet and have them always available in your account is what Google Drive offers you , always having the possibility of obtaining more storage capacity.

Cons

I must say that after several years of using Google Drive, which has greatly facilitated my work and my personal activities as a blogger to be able to store all my PDF, WORD, IMAGES, ETC. I find very few disadvantages in Google Drive, such as:

. - Google Drive Does not offer statistics for downloaded or viewed documents

. - If the documents have several editors or collaborators could be eliminated by one of them.

. - Although Google offers to be able to index advertisements in several of its products in the case of Google Drive, this is not the case, which would allow the downloads to be monetized while visualizing the study documents made by oneself, an option that would avoid cumbersome shorteners being used for downloads.

Despite these apparent disadvantages of Google Drive are really only small details that can be improved in an era in which massive communication and monetization of the pages are the order of the day.

Radoslav
Radoslav
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/04/2019

Google Drive Review

I am using it a long time for the university, also for work.
My benefit from this app is that I am working on something at home, then upload it on my Drive, and when I go to the university I can easily open my work - I have no need to get my PC with me.
Also I can easily save for example pictures when I am on a trip and run out of memory on my phone. Then just share my files in the Drive and make much more pictures - no adittional SD cards or whatever.
The main advantage is that you can accesss files everywhere anytime you want - from laptop, tablet, PC, telephone - all you want.
It is very easy and useful to use software. I pretty recommend it.

Pros

1. Very pretty desing
2. Everything is intuitive - you can easily find what you want. You do not waste your time in understanding how to work with the application.
3. There is a search engine for the whole application - this helps the user to easily find some files.
4. There is leftside navigation bar which conatins all you want:
4.1. You can easily see all the containers ( folders ) that you created and navigate to them.
4.2. You can easily see everything shared with you - in the section.
4.3. You have your recycle bin - easily see what you have deleted.
4.4. You can see what is the amount of storage that you are currently using - this is helpful in order to let you know how to manage your content - and if you had run out of space, there is a quick link where you can easily expand your cloud storage.
5. There is right navigation panel which easily shows you basic information about currently selected folder or file. There is useful information which sometimes is useful and you can reach it with just one move of your head.
6. There is activity tab which shows you what have you been doing. I find this helpful in order to remember what you have been doing and in order to check if someone has hacked your account and did something you do not want to.
7. There is a virus scanner befofre you download the file.
8. You can easily open your files and even edit them - for example some documents.
9. You can share specific files to specific people.

Cons

1. Maybe it is a good idea to show the content of archive files - in order to know if you really want to download the file.

And till now this is the only thing that for my pyrposes is not practical.

All in all everything esle is very good and useful.

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

A great tool for collaborate and keep your files safe and accessible

I use Drive every single day to collaborate on my work and to keep files accessible on my personal life. Is super easy to use tool to keep your files safe, although there are better alternatives if you need to store huge files.

Pros

Google Drive is my way to go if I need anything to be shared with friends and colleagues, Drive is so widespread in its use that virtually everyone will suggest you use it and frankly I rarely suggest something else.

It's great for small teams to collaborate on multiple files, Google Docs makes it super easy to work over spreadsheets and text documents and you can also access previous versions of the file. You can also see who is editing the document right now and where is their cursor positioned.

A huge benefit that Google Drive brings is that I know that my files are safe, even if I lose my computer my stuff will be there. The desktop client is quite reliable and is fast. Also, it integrates perfectly with the plethora of other services offered by Google, obviously.

I like the sharing features available, you can generate a link, create groups, assign capabilities and even change the ownership of a file and folder.

Cons

This is not really an issue, but Google Drive is not mean to be used as a file transfer service, you can use it like that but your Drive will end up cluttered with files you don't need, other services are better for that.

I still can't believe you can't see how much a folder weighs! Or how many files it contains.

Would be great to have a better metric on what is taking up space, for example, see what folder is taking up space rather than just files. Somewhat the competitors are offering three times more space for free, so as a backup service only, Drive is losing terrain.

• Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 14/11/2019

The Ultimate Tool for Anyone With a Laptop

For any student, especially with how much group work is being expected, Google Drive is a great way to organize all the shared documents (as well as personal documents!) I always recommend people to use Google Docs for the benefit of saved storage space, and once you get those documents accumulated Google drive has a great way to organize them and share them in bulk as well.

Pros

- Saves on storage
This stores all of the files added on into the cloud, and even if you don't subscribe to add on more storage, the starting amount is quite large (15GB!) I have been using this for 8 years and have yet to run out of space- but pro tip: this storage space does include your Gmail, so if you are ever running out of space just go and do a quick dump of the promotional/social emails that tend to take up a lot of space
- Easier to share LARGE files (and small files too!)
When you try to share some larger files, it can take so long if you try to do it the old-fashioned way (USB, etc) but with Drive, you can very easily just send them permission to the file to their email, and even the upload is much faster compared to normal speeds.
- Very easy to organize
With how laptops tend to organize things (downloads folder vs documents folder vs the madness of "tags") this is a great way to just be able to have your files put all in one place, with as many folders and color coordination schemes you want. You can even choose to share whole folders or sub-folders with people very easily! (which comes in handy for me, since I often share personal notes from classes all at once rather than individually)

Cons

In order to get full functionality out of this, you need to be a heavy Google Docs, Slides, or Sheets user. Otherwise, it's not worth putting in the time to organize and file as much.

Souhil
Souhil
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

The Best Cloud Storage Solution for Business and Personal use

It helped me to save time and money and I really don't need to worry about my files getting lost if my PC/laptop broke or something bad happened also, I really don't need to get big storage hard disk to store my files.
for me, Google Drive Is the perfect solution for everyone especially for small businesses because It's very easy to use and a time and money saver.
I hope Google will keep the good work and I hope they will add more features in the future.

Pros

I like it because It's free and very easy to use with an excellent and clean user interface.
I can access all my files, pics, videos...etc from anywhere and I can use my phone or my PC/laptop to access them.
I like The offline access option because it's allowing me to access all my files without the need to have an internet connection.
I can store any files from Google Docs, Sheets, Slides and I can access and edit them without any problem.
The best thing is I don't need to have a large capacity hard disk because I can now store all my important files in the cloud using Google Drive and I don't need to worry about losing them because everything is safe and secure on Google Servers.
I really love the security system and the encryption file transfer google offered in Google Drive and I really feel safe and I don't need to panic about my files or my account getting hacked.
It helped me to stay organized and helped me to manage my files, pics, videos and I like how I can control who has access to my files while running my business.
I can install the Backup and Sync tool to automate the file saving and if I make any changes the tool will automatically Sync everything in Google Drive.
Google Support is great and they are available 24/7 and they have a lot of resources and videos about google drive and I learned a lot from their blog articles too.

Cons

They can add passwords or any sort of protection when sharing a link.
They can improve the Uploading speed because sometimes it's very slow especially when uploading big files to your Drive account.

Jaime Valeriano

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

A Review about Google Drive Based on a Perspective of a University Education Student

Pros

The following are my favorite features of Google Drive: First, searching is very easy because we can use a filter that gives us the option to search based on the types of a file (photos, videos, pdfs, spreadsheets, presentations, etc.), based on who created it (it may be something you owned, something you not owned, or a specific person), based on the dates of recent edits, and many more.Second, sharing files is very easy since we have the option to just input emails which will be the only ones to access the file. There is also an option to let only those who are also using the same school email will have access, or even anyone that is outside the organization, as long as they have the link to the file. In relation to this, it is also easy to choose whether those people who will have access to a file can edit, suggest, or only view it.Third, it is accessible to any device since it is available on personal computers, laptops, cellphones, and tablets.Fourth, collaboration is possible since I am able to create shared drives or share a folder created in my own drive.Lastly, there is an option for a file to be available offline so that I can read them or check them from time to time if needed whenever there are times that I am in a place where there is not a strong internet connection or when I do not have a data internet connection.

Cons

What I like the least about Google Drive is that some people can access my files without my permission. But don't get me wrong, it is my responsibility, not Google's. The reason behind this is that there are times that I accidentally make a file available for everyone. Well, it will not be just accessible to everyone since they need to have a thorough search to look for my file since I named my files somewhat like a code to help me organize things. It's just that sometimes there are some of my schoolmates accidentally find my files.

Clarisse
Clarisse

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Pretty decent cloud storage and hosting for no cost at all

I was able to share lessons materials (PDF documents and videos) with my students without the need to download it on their end. Making online learning safer (computer) on my student's end.

Pros

I work as a part time online English Tutor. Google Drive has been one (among the many) FREE online program that I use to teach. Here are the things that I like about it.
1. Enables one to save files (documents, photos, videos, audio files) other than your computer hard drive. It's like a back up storage just in case your PC crash. I do not store any documents with sensitive information though.
2. I can access my files anywhere I am as long as I have internet connection.
3. Allows me to sync across devices.
4. I can share documents to others. I used Google Drive to host some PDF lesson materials for my online tutoring. I just give the link to my students and they can view the PDF file. There is no need for them to download the material.
5. I can also store some video files. Google Drive does not only store, but host it as well. I will just include the link in my document. Student clicks on the link, and watch the videos. Google Drive used to host my audio files too (for listening exercises) but for some reason, it stopped. I have to download a third party audio software since then.

Cons

For some reason, Google Drive stopped hosting my audio files directly. Whenever I try to open the link, it tells me to download a third party audio software. If it is just me, I wont mind, but some of my students are not technical. And they shun to anything that will require them to download due to fear of malwares and virus.