About Medisoft Clinical

Medisoft Clinical provides practice management capabilities integrated with electronic health record (EHR) solution. The solution can only be deployed on-premise and is suitable for different medical needs and specialties. The...

All Medisoft Clinical Reviews Apply filters

Browse Medisoft Clinical Reviews

Kristi T.

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

Medisoft Software

Over all I like it but I am a small company with only 13 providers so if you are a large company you will be paying a fortune if you want IT help for setting up anything. I use it because I know it so well, I have been using this software since 2004.

Pros

It is easy to use, color coding lets you see unpaid, partial paid and paid in full at a quick glance.

Cons

The software is by McKesson and they do not deal with their customers. You have to go through a 3rd party vendor and then they try to milk you for every penny they can get. I like the software and I have been using it so long, I have learned how to manipulate the software to do what I need it to do. If not, I use the help options and try to do everything my self but it takes me much longer than it should that way.

Elaine L.

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Amazing

Pros

Easily manageable and able to navigate with minimal challenges. Customer support is very helpful and responses are given within a day.

Cons

The one we have you can only access it one one computer. Other programs you can access online anywhere.

Taylor R.

Reviewed on 15/08/2016

PRACTICE MANAGER, BILLING AND SCHEDULING

Pros

MEDISOFT IS USER FRIENDLY AND EASY TO NAVIGATE. THERE IS SO MUCH THAT YOU CAN DO WITH IT AND IT INCORPORATES EVERY ASPECT OF THE PRACTICE IN THE SOFTWARE

Cons

SOME THINGS CAN BE A BIT CONFUSING IF YOU DON'T READ AND FOLLOW THE GUIDES.

Antonio R.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Easy to customize to make my charting efficient

I wish that everyone use this software and take time to do their own templates to make it easier later. Md's have to take time doing one so it makes it easire in the later use of the templates.

Pros

I have to make my own template in one page for sick vists and another for each well visit per age and every time I use these it takes me less time to scroll and look for certain phrases to include in my record

Cons

Practice partners is one of the very first software in the market and is somewhat mature but the support is a little bit hard and I'm lucky that my support residesd locally. There are still some problem in collecting data for incentive payments.

Jamie C.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 12/04/2017

just ok

Pros

cloud base. real time eligibility for insurance improves payment questions from patients. quick schedule/reschedule features allow easy tracking of patients.

Cons

entire system is a template-my Dr. don't like that they are more free-form note writers. switching between different Dr. schedules makes the front desk job harder.

Ora C.

Reviewed on 16/04/2016

Medisoft is Heaven sent!

Pros

The ease of navigating, system is very user friendly.

Cons

When posting payments the adjusted amount does not factor in Medicare sequester amount. There is only a place for deductible to be added but not for a Co-Insurance

Noreen M.

1.5
Reviewed on 18/04/2016

this system is outdated and was never customized for our practice

Pros

the support is excellent but the product is outdated and constant problems with system breaking down.

Cons

it is not user friendly and was never customized for out practice

Carleetha S.
2.5

Reviewed on 18/05/2016

Making Medisoft Work

Pros

Medisoft is user friendly. If you have used any other EHR or Practice Management System, Medisoft will be no problem for you.

Cons

Customer Service leaves something to be desired. Also, a cloud-based option would be a welcome change. We have several satellite clinics which use a remote desktop connection to access Medisoft. A cloud-based or Saas option would be a lot easier for satellite staff to access.

Rosemary G.

Reviewed on 15/04/2017

Medisoft program

Pros

Ok program. It is a very easy program to train on. It also has easy navigation on patients information.

Cons

What I do not like about the program is you have to look at the patients information in the chart in two different ways. You can not open just one program and look at everything.

Chelsey R.

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Great billing software

If you are looking for a new billing software this is one to definitely look into purchasing. Our clinic has been using it for years and loves it!

Pros

It is super easy to learn! Our clinic uses it to bill insurance, to make patients statements and to post payments on accounts. It is easy to have all of this information in one place

Cons

Mediaoft is a little slow sometimes but other than that I do not have any complaints about the software

Wayne G.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Mediator for physicians and billers

I would recommend this to any small practice doctor who wants payments quicker and more efficiently.

Pros

User friendly and effective. Vendor was absolutely great. Az comp. I enjoy the fact that it was easy to learn the software.

Cons

Nothing. The only one thing I did not like about the software was that there are actually three different software programs to learn as far as sending bills and creating transactions.

Erika M.

1.5
Reviewed on 13/04/2016

I would not recommend this software.

Pros

I like how it is user friendly. You can navigate through each tab quickly and enter in all of the information.

Cons

I dislike how the system is constantly freezing which causes our office to go down for days sometimes even weeks. In order to get tech support on the phone, you have to schedule an appointment and they do not get you in that same day. When software updates come out, the software starts acting up and runs slow!

Rosemary G.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

MEDISOFT CLINICAL

Pros

WE ACTUALLY DID A POLL ON THIS ONE AT WORK... MOST OF US LIKED THE EASE OF USE AND THE OTHER HALF DID NOT LIKE THE EXTRAS.

Cons

TOO MANY FUNCTIONS! TOO MANY BUTTONS / CHOICES THAT WE DO NOT USE. OVERALL GOOD PROGRAM IF YOU USED IT.

Traci B.

Reviewed on 12/04/2016

Medisoft Review

Pros

Easy to use system. Able to locate information quickly if it is enter during first visit

Cons

Unable to print off move than one provider's superbill or schedule at one time.

James R.

Reviewed on 08/03/2017

There are better EMR's out there

This is a bumbling giant of a software. There are other EMR's with more user friendly systems. It is more work to get set up and I think it is not as nimble for the small practice .

Pros

It has all avenues of what you need -

Cons

to use it is more work than other EMR's . It needs to be more streamlined. To build a note template you have to use more time and technical functions than other software.

Jennifer L.

Reviewed on 26/01/2018

Excellent Patient Demographic Info, Decent Billing Software

They do charge for every support call...

Pros

The software is actually pretty easy to use and straight-forward. It is easy for us to navigate between pages, access the information that we need, and process reports. Submitting charges is very straight-forward and was easy enough for me to train a new employee in 2 days!

Cons

The system is quite glitchy. It doesn't always calculate patient balances correctly, it's really hard to see what the patient owes vs. what has and has not been billed out to insurances, the revenue management side of things often freezes up and closes unexpectedly. It also takes hours upon hours to general statements!

Ted L.

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

Medisoft Billing Software Review

Pros

I like that you can quickly enter multiple procedures in the billing portion by adding custom "multilinks".

Cons

I've had difficulty customizing patient statements, especially for attorneys. It lists individual payments and procedures but I can't seem to get a statement that clearly says how much the total charges and total payments have been for a particular case.

Aaron G.

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Billing, Scheduling are Basic, but Functional

Pros

Their billing software was pretty straightforward and reasonably easy to use. I transitioned from paper claims to electronic claims while using Medisoft.

Cons

I had the basic version, which was very limited (but also fairly inexpensive). Reports were sometimes hard to edit to my liking.

Julie M.

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Medisoft is User Friendly

Pros

Very simple. Great for billing. Very easy to move around. Love the reports. Easy to read and lots to choose from.

Cons

I really don't have any cons to write. System is great! I recommend it. But if i have to say one more reports.

Lori M.

Reviewed on 15/08/2016

Medisoft is a great low cost but highly effective program.

Pros

It is easy to learn and works well with any size office. Even if you have never used Medisoft you can learn it quite fast. It has a wonderful help feature that allows you to ask any question and easily find the answer.

Cons

I really don't have any problems with this software so that is a hard question to answer. I have used many programs in the 25 years I have been working in the medical field and Medisoft is quite user friendly.

Brian F.

Reviewed on 06/09/2018

Simple to use

Pros

Very easy to use, pretty basic for anyone , good to train staff with, scheduling, data entry easy.

Cons

Not super advanced, customer service expensive. You pay alot , doesn't include much extras you have to pay

Dorothy M.

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT FOR A PRODUCT THAT HAS POTENTIAL

Everyone I know who does use this product has paid the one hundred or more dollars an hour to an outside contractor who helps the doctor Learn how to use the program.Had I known this I might've tried it, But in the end why use a product where there is no support. I bought it with a six month window and I opted out.I did get a full refund - Too bad, because I would'veLike to use the software, had there been any support available.

Pros

It looks pretty good when the sales people do demonstration. You cannot use the product without training and support.

Cons

There is absolutely no teaching support at all.Each time I telephoned support to help me make templates, the woman would divert the conversation to setting up routine Input That should have beendone by a clerk. As a doctor,That was a complete waste of my time.I finally realized thatThe diversion of the suppose it support person was due to the fact that she was unable to teach me how to use the product.

Tiffany B.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Such an amazing software!

Pros

I loooove that this is so accessible and to train employees with this program is smooth to the end!

Tasha H.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

not intuitive

Cons

Trying to navigate the system is very cumbersome. I think it has potential. But I have yet to be impressed so far.

Steven M.

2.5
Reviewed on 24/05/2016

Not very likely. It seems to be commonly used in the medical field

Pros

it maintains a huge volume of information. Offers many options for reports. I know nothing about this vendor

Cons

unclear how to navigate between name,address screen and general ledger. unclear how to print the small balance charge-off report (before accounts are written off).