FieldPulse Reviews

About FieldPulse

#1 FSM Platform. We're known for our ease of use, scalable functionality, and the best customer success team in the industry. FieldPulse is an all-in-one application for service contractors to better manage and grow their...

4.7
4.7

Browse FieldPulse Reviews

Daryl
Daryl

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

I have tried a few of them and FieldPulse prevails....

It has been fantastic. From day one of the inquiry to launch and still to this day every part of the platform is great.

Pros

Quickbooks two-way sync, calendar view, estimation and invoicing are great. Work flow is easy to understand and very efficient.

Cons

A few small features are missing but they are in the programming of the software, and I know they are on the list of future potential updates.

Adam

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Great features at a great price

My intended purpose for Field Pulse is to be able to manage 90% of my business from the field. I take calls, create clients, create estimates, complete work, invoice, and take payment all from my phone or tablet from the field. I want to minimize how much time spent on data entry on my computer in the office. With Field Pulse, I will primarily only need to work on complex estimates, back-up of data, and accounting audits from my computer at home. That will cut my workload down significantly. With the new Pricebook feature I may not even need to use my workstation pc to work on complex estimates. Time will tell on that one.

Pros

I love the amount of features you get for the price. I am coming from Jobber which I use as the gold standard for small to medium sized field service business software. Compared to Jobber I feel that Field Pulse offers a very comparable set of features at half the price of Jobber. While improvement and new features are always welcome, I feel that Field Pulse is on par or better that their competition.

Cons

The work flow is quite a bit different from what I would like. The best example is only having the ability to set one visit for each job. While the obvious workaround is to update the date each time a new date is needed or create multiple jobs under the project tabs, but, honestly, the easier solution is to have the ability to attach multiple visits to a single Job. That I believe is a more natural workflow for most users in my industry. In fact, Field Pulse, is the only field service management software that doesn't allow for this. All the big names like Jobber, Housecall Pro, Workiz, all use this workflow model with great success. I would also like the ability to view my client database alphabetically by last name. The current model is the alphabetize it by first name which is very backwards from any other CRM type solution on the market. I am not on a first name basis with many of my clients and when searching for them in my master list, I have to hunt for the last name.

Breezeworks, Jobber and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

Primarily price. I needed to minimize my overhead while maintaining as many business-critical features as possible. With Field Pulse, I think I found the best option of price versus features.

Jobber

Price and Features

Response from FieldPulse

Hi Adam! Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to leave us such incredible feedback! We are currently building out the ability to track multiple visits for a single job! I've also added the ability to filter customers by first name to our development wish list. We will follow up with you as soon as both of those become available! Thanks again!

Replied 30/11/2021
Ty

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

Good Enough For Price

Overall it is ok for field invoices and payments, but for an overall solution to help your business run better it lacks in some areas. Probably worth paying more for others, after using a different software for my other business for the last 5 years I expect more out of this software, however Field pulse is considerably less expensive than the other software we use. They will probably continue to improve this though so with the cost effectiveness may be worth it in the long run.

Pros

It made it easy to invoice and take payment in the field to avoid chasing money after the service call. Does ok for the cost.

Cons

There are several features that are missing and or do not work well for our company. The reporting could be better, but there is no customer statement function and if you have related customers(which is for a customer with multiple service locations) they are not tracked together and there is no way to send an easy to read statement of all invoices for a particular customer with multiple locations. The Quick Books syncing is terrible and is mostly related to QB online but they keep claiming they will make it compatible with QB desktop but have yet to, to my knowledge. The app has issues as well I have to post date my invoices so the correct date shows up when sent to the customer. Deleting and changing invoices is a pain and when the QB sync screws up with payment it sometimes still says invoiced when it has been paid and there is no way to manually change the status.

FieldEdge

Cost

Top FieldPulse Alternatives

Dave

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Great product once the customer service was fixed.

It started very rocky, but thanks to [sensitive content hidden] help, things have been looking up, and I understand the program so much better. And if I do have questions, she is there to answer them.

Pros

Well, it didn't start great. My customer service rep was less than helpful. It almost felt like I had no customer service. But then [sensitive content hidden] came to the rescue and showed how great customer service can be.

Cons

I wish they had customizable work order numbers. I have my own numbers and I can't use them.

Housecall Pro and FieldEdge

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

I like all they had to offer for the price.
Jason

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

FieldPulse - The all around software solution for contractors and service providers!!!

Overall, I think FieldPulse is one of the biggest contenders out there. Even up against Co-Construct and BuilderTrend which are priced way out of the hands of single person or small businesses to be able to incorporate and try and they don't even trial their software. FieldPulse has pretty much the features to be able to run a successful contracting or field service company.

Pros

What I liked most about FieldPulse are the features that it has for the price of using the software. It is very reasonably priced for big companies all the way down to the single person business.

Cons

Wish they had estimating options as well as item/service database features, but after talking to a rep, it looks that they are continually working on it and puts my expectancy on these features at ease knowing that they are improving all the time.

Tradify

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

Was too cumbersome to effectively use their software even as a suite as they all did not share the same data or had the same connectivity between the apps.

Zoho One

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

FieldPulse had more features such as scheduling, website portal.

Response from FieldPulse

Jason, thanks so much for the review. It's hard working entrepreneurs like you that keep us motivated to build a great contractor platform.

We are always improving the platform, and your comment about item/service database is clutch. We will have some tremendous new features to announce in the coming months, so stay tuned.

Please always let us know if we can help in anyway. Our customer success team all sits right next to me here in Dallas, Texas and we love hearing from you guys!

--Gabriel Pinchev, CEO

Replied 10/12/2019
Bethany
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

FieldPulse 5* Review

Our overall experience with FieldPulse has been very positive. We are currently growing as a small business and we hope that this software can aid us in our growth to automate things we do not need to spend time on, allowing us to focus our time & attention on important matters.

Pros

This software has been easy and efficient to use. It has so many features that make running our local business much easier. The support you receive from FieldPulse is excellent and they always listen to customer feedback. They are also constantly looking to innovate the product and are consistently adding new features! We have tried many booking software and this suits our service-based business best :)

Cons

I have always been given the opportunity to suggest new features and they are valued. On numerous occasions, my suggestions have been implemented into the software. The mobile app could be improved but it is a new software so I am sure it will only get better and better. The ability to have 2 way messaging would be beneficial.

Timely

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

I disliked Service M8, it was clunky and not user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

We used Timely for 2 years and LOVED it. However, as our business is growing we needed a more service-based booking software to suit us.
Matt
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

New user

I am solving the communication barrier between my field technicians and office administration. Providing one platform to use as a CRM and field management tool as well as a direct line of communication between all parties is definitely nice. Even with all the app glitches, and all the time spent trying to upload photos or dealing with no network service while in the field, i think it is promising and worth sticking with you guys while having faith that you will eventually perfect it and get the kinks worked out.

Pros

Scheduling features are nice and intuitive compared to your competitors software. Ability for team to easily access service history and customer equipment is also a huge benefit to us.

Cons

All the bugs on iOS. I have taken a dozen or so screenshots of all the glitches i have encountered just in the 2-3 weeks I’ve been using the app. Have to force close and restart app numerous times a day. Will try on other devices before we decide if we are going to roll this out or continue our search for CRM / field management software.

Fieldpoint

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

Cost for basic features kept going up. No plans to work out kinks or improvements. After a year of use not one update or bug fix. The previous update a year prior made the application even more glitchy and nearly unusable.

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

Pricing displayed on your site, no “schedule a demo” needed. Intuitive interface, both Quickbooks and Square integration. Ability to store files and forms, ability to create forms, reoccurring scheduling included with basic features (intuit / corrigo was being petty and started charging additional for reoccurring job scheduling as an upgraded feature.
Gina

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

Glad we switched to Field Pulse

We are getting so organized and leaving the paper behind. We are able to track everything in one place and access any information we need at a touch of a button. The customer support has been amazing for us. Any time I have an issue I can reach out and someone is there SUCH a great thing. They always solve my problems. They will even send a short video to walk you through something which is amazingly helpful.

Pros

The features I like most about this program is being able to have all of my information in one place. Being able to create customers into a service and make tags for reports. The ease of links everywhere to be able to click from any page is a real plus.

Cons

Linking a service with an invoice, having to 'load more' when trying to find a client instead of being able to just scroll, calendar needs to be more flexible the views of that are hard to navigate when you are in a hurry scheduling a client.

Housecall Pro and Jobber

Reasons for Choosing FieldPulse

Needed something more organized that would give us a few other benefits such as employee tracking, employee field usage of the program. We are able to schedule in the office and our crews see the changes immediately on their tablets.

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

Field Pulse had so many features that were all in one. I like the employee in field tracking. They can also let the clients know they are coming and that is a plus. The dedicated phone lines instead of having to issue everyone phones. The options of the forms being able to create custom forms is a plus.
Laura
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 24/01/2020

An easy to use software for technicians on the field

We have been able to solve multiple communication issues between the office and technicians and make sure no one slides through the cracks.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use for people of any age. We have technicians who hardly ever use their cell phones and they find it very convenient! It saves on paper and time so they don't have to come back to the shop and hand me paperwork. I can process payments quickly and I like having all the information of where my techs are at any point in the day and get updates easily.

Cons

The biggest challenge is scheduling. It is difficult to see at a glance what the schedule is for multiple techs. The second biggest complaint is how slow it can be. If I want to print something it can take a couple minutes to process.

ServiceTitan and RazorSync

Reasons for Switching to FieldPulse

RazorSync was an intimidating platform for our less tech-savvy techs. And Service Titan was far too expensive for us as a smaller company.
Brian

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Feild Pulse

Pros

It has a lot of great products within the system.

Cons

I have not found any cons at this point.

Brittany

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Awesome app for a company!

We went virtually paperless for our timesheets, and job sheets. This also helped us track our employees and their hours much easier, as well as account for their time on each job.

Pros

Ease of use is definitely a big one. It took no time to figure out what you were doing, and set up everything in there that you needed.
Features is pretty extensive. We have tried other apps (cheaper ones) and found that they didn't really work for our company. We didn't need the full construction app like BuilderTrend, and needed something a bit more than for service calls, and this was the perfect in the middle app!
Quality is pretty good! Has its own couple glitches, but customer service takes care of them right away!
Previously, we had a system of all paper and had a gap in our communication on the jobs and such. This app helped us go virtually paperless in our timesheets, and job sheets because now everything is accessible to our users on their phones. The amount of data that it takes is next to nothing, which was a concern of our employees.

Cons

It is a bit slow at times uploading and updating your lists, especially if you have a larger list.

Dustin

Reviewed on 27/02/2023

Key to Organization!

Pros

FieldPulse has been a life saver for my company when it comes to orginazation. Instead of having job folders and a bunch of antiquated paperwork, it has allowed us to store all job info, pictures, customer contact info, scheduling, on the job hour tracking and a host of other things! Along with that, comes a very eager to help and knowledgeable support team to help with any issues with the app, big or small!

Cons

I am not using this app to its full potential just yet so i honestly havent ran into anything that i dont like. I feel like i've barely scratched the surface on the capabilities at my fingertips but can genuinely say that i have nothing negative to say!

Joel
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Just use FieldPulse!

Pros

Good bang for the buck, easy to set up, great customer service that is US based. very easy to customize to your small business

Cons

wish we could upload more photos and larger photo sizes.

Response from FieldPulse

Joel, hello fellow Texan and thanks for the great review! We're adding your feature requests to our backlog. We live for helping our small business friends with modern apps. Cheers! --Gabriel Pinchev, CEO

Replied 03/12/2019
Sharon
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Managing FieldPulse

I have been pretty happy with FieldPulse and find that I can get help just a click of the question mark on the right of the screen.

Pros

I like that you can assign a technician to a job, then follow them throughout the day and see how they progress.

Cons

Just the learning curve, because FieldPulse is pretty user fieldly, I just need to know where and how to use. I've only been using a couple weeks.

Melanie
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Quick Startup

Fair wish it had a few more bells and whistles!

Pros

We enjoyed the easy startup and look of the software.

Cons

Not easy to create custom templates services we provide daily!

Housecall Pro and ServiceTitan

Quickest startup
Amber
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

Exactly What Our Small Business Needed!

Pros

The customer service is amazing and the price is way better than any other companies I have met with.

Cons

So far there is nothing I do not like! Anytime I need help, [sensitive content hidden] responds almost immediately!

Matthew
Matthew

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Great product from a great company!

Pros

By far, the best thing about FieldPulse is their customer service. It feels like they are more business partners sometimes, going above and beyond to tweak and improve their product to make my business run smoother and more efficiently.

Cons

Only thing I wish I could do is create custom customer statuses (categories). ex, 2017 customers, 2018 customers, ect. They kind of did this by creating customer tags, but it's not the same.

Travis

Reviewed on 09/10/2023

Field pulse

My overall experience is Great so far.

Pros

I like everything about field pulse and how easy it is to understand and use it.

Cons

The not being able to approve estimates when i send them to customer.

Jordan

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

Great Software

Pros

FieldPulse has a tone of great features that work very well. Overall I’m very pleased. The support is one of the best I’ve ever seen.

Cons

No major cons
I wish office staff were free.

david

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Home service software

amzing.

Pros

csr's are very quick to help and reply back,always open to new ideas and innovative

Cons

sometime like all software it has bugs and glitches.

Edward

Reviewed on 26/01/2020

Small business must have software

We use this software every day and it's great addition

Pros

Easy to use, cloud based crm
We can use it from any computer

Cons

Sometimes maybe a bit longer to load but not a big deal. Most of the time it's pretty fast

Response from FieldPulse

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback, Edward! We're glad to be an essential part of your business each and every day.

Cheers,
Gabe Pinchev, CEO

Replied 03/02/2020
Brad

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Great product.

Extremely satisfied.

Pros

Great customer service. Great software. Lets go!

Cons

Loading times can be longer than normal at times.

ServiceTitan

More integration. IE: Scheduling, Quickbooks

Value

Response from FieldPulse

Hi Brad! Thank you so much for your review. We are thrilled to have you as part of the FieldPulse family!

Replied 18/10/2021
Christy
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

Absolutely LOVE this software! Very easy to use and the support team is phenomenal!

This software helps me stay organized and keep up with everything going on out in the field!

Pros

I went through many other software trials looking for that perfect fit. I wanted a software that would keep up with multiple customers, multiple jobs, a great CRM, Invoicing, Payments, and an organized way to keep up with job comments and files. FieldPulse is the perfect fit for what i was looking for. The Support is amazing, they are always quick to respond with any questions that i have, and are always looking to make improvements!

Cons

The only Cons i have are that there isn't currently a sync with Xero accounting, and there is a way to currently do inventory tracking.

Cory
Cory

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Incredible product, saved me so much stress of finding the right product to implement. Great...

Collaboration, organization, streamlining operations, communication. Literally everything.

Pros

Easy to use right out of the box. The mobile app is very responsive and the web page looks just like the app. There appear to be no differences in the two. Our field salesman will be able to use this right away. The fields on the jobs and projects are customizable and form creation is very easy. I will discover more I am sure.

Cons

Inability to integrate with QB Desktop is the only thing I think that would be better. Also maybe making the estimates customizable to allow status tracking (Open, Accepted, Closed, Lost, etc.)

matthew
matthew
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 10/02/2019

Great Software, Amazing Support

The on boarding process has been easy due to the videos that guide you through each module. Any time we have questions, the web chat gives us helpful information quickly. We have never adopted and so thoroughly understood a complex software so soon after beginning to use it.

Pros

Combination of lights CRM and powerful project management which is very hard to find.

Cons

The CRM functionality isn’t as advanced as pure CRM systems, but it still has 90% of what we want.

Response from FieldPulse

Thanks, Matthew! We really appreciate the review and the opportunity to work with you. We're so glad that the onboarding process was smooth!

Replied 26/02/2019