Mailchimp Reviews

About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is a web-based marketing automation service with millions of users worldwide. The application allows users to share newsletters on various social networks and track customer engagements. The application provides tools...

4.2

Browse Mailchimp Reviews

17,150 of 17,150 reviews
Artur
Artur
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 19/05/2024

User-Friendly but expensive in somes cases

Pros

Mailchimp is highly appreciated for its user-friendly interface, comprehensive features, robust automation, design tools, integrations, detailed analytics, scalability, extensive support resources, and a free plan for small businesses.

Cons

The main drawbacks of Mailchimp include its high cost for larger lists, complexity of advanced features, limited customer support, restricted template customization, less detailed reporting, and costly list management due to duplicate subscribers.

Lisa

Reviewed on 14/06/2024

Mailchimp is the best

Pros

Mailchimp is so easy to use. It is a set up and forget type of solution. I create an email campaign, schedule it to send, and then review the analytics. There is so much automation built in to help me save time on creating email campaigns. The import/export function for contacts is incredibly easy to use. I have used other email platforms and I have found Mailchimp is that absolute best.

Cons

I dislike the way Mailchimp counts contacts and charges you for them. You have to pay for unsubscribed or inactive email addresses. I have found a round about way to avoid this but it is a manual task. I need to monitor this closely and make sure we are not paying extra for email addresses we are not sending to.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Platform appeared to be more user friendly and the analytics were more robust.
Ben Marcoux
Ben Marcoux
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Why I Don't Use Mailchimp

I have used MailChimp to set up a few campaigns for clients. I also started out on it because they used to offer 1,000 contacts for free. Integrating it with the different tools wasn't too tough. But it's not great at contact management and I don't recommend it if you're going to be doing any serious (or even quasi serious) email marketing.

Pros

MailChimp is pretty easy to use and integrates with most page builders and websites. So you can quickly have an email form set up and start driving traffic to get people on your email list. They also have good support in regards to getting back to you quickly.

Cons

MailChimp lacks features and power that make it competitive in the marketplace. I couldn't ever go back to it. The tool itself doesn't do everything I need it to. And as if that's not enough, I know of several people who have been shut down and had their accounts erroneously canceled by MailChimp for violating terms of service. So they were locked out of their account and had all of their email contacts erased without warning. And these were not "black hat" businesses. These were regular, small, mom and pop shops, including a florist.

Constant Contact , Ontraport , Keap and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose Mailchimp because they were offering the first 1,000 contacts for free in a promotion. And these other software (except for Constant Contact and AWeber) were really expensive. I didn't know what I was doing and what I was looking for with an email service provider. And I was just starting out and super broke at the time so "free" couldn't be beaten. However, the relationship didn't last long and I quickly moved on to AWeber. That didn't last long either, and I moved on to ActiveCampaign and haven't looked back since.

Top Mailchimp Alternatives

Akinyemi

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

MailChimp Review

I've been using MailChimp for my email marketing. It's so amazing. It's so amazing that I have adopted it as email marketing software of choice. I have kept recommending it to people.

Pros

MailChimp is my one my best email marketing software. It's easy to use and beginner friendly. The overall interface is so great and easy to navigate.
The labels and gatherings are exceptionally useful in keeping a data set for my customer base. I find the greeting pages ideal for running promotions on Facebook, Google, and so on. Having the option to make sections effectively is an incredible advantage.

Cons

With my experiential knowledge of using MailChimp, it is almost impossible to equate other softwares with it when it comes to email marketing.

Katy

Reviewed on 12/06/2024

Easy to use and efficient!

I love Mailchimp and recommend it to everyone!

Pros

I love how user-friendly Mailchimp is and how I can easily track consumer data.

Cons

It would sometimes be a bit tricky to format things just right in emails.

Tyran
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 23/06/2024

Awesome email software!

It is a great software to build up your email marketing, monitor analytics, and build landing pages.

Pros

I like the ease of customizations for email automations, campaigns, and create websites. I also liked the contact segmentation options.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Mailchimp is the learning curve. It was not the most beginner-friendly software but watching YouTube videos helped.

Jeric

Reviewed on 09/06/2024

My Review About Mailchimp Transactional Email

Overall marketing is changing every time this software can adopt for every marketing campaigns you want to send for future customers. I use this software for onboarding my new clients. Sending promotional campaign is mush easier thanks to mailchimp. And the email chat support feature is great. Good communication is needed to provide good values and informations about the business.

Pros

I like the most about this software is that as a marketing agent I can create email marketing for our possible clients, The templates is very nice perfect for creating a marketing ads. I can easily drag any company images and promotional invitation to check our official website. No hassle in making a good email marketing for targeted clients. The best thing is that I can monitor it and provide a good results such as respond to the email. Because of the features of this software is much easier to organized and scheduled my email marketing campaign when to send it.

Cons

Well I think maybe the pricing But if you want to be successful in finding the right customers for contraction this is the best software I use . Direct to the customers and monitoring features.

Milan
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 03/07/2024

Mailchimp in 2024 still going strong

Overall, if you are like me and use it for occasional sending important offers to my clients, it is an excellent service. Your e-mail lists are safely stored, and you can access them anytime. Despite being somewhat fiddly when working with media insert into e-mails, I still highly recommend it over the competition.

Pros

I would say it is the ease of use, they have really simple interface, and it is very easy to find any feature you want to use. Also, when creating e-mail or any other document you can use various templates with drag and drop functionality.
Not to forget option to create mailing lists separated by demographics, interest or behavior.

Cons

Importing your graphics and images sometimes does not work as you would expect. Either it does not allow you to insert your photo, is wrongly positioned, or you cannot resize it to the correct ratio in the document you create.

Robert

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Mailchimp helps us track internal and external marketing campaigns

Pros

I like that Mailchimp provides good data analytics to measure email marketing campaigns. The analytics can also be used to review internal team engagement with regards to informational email campaigns.

Cons

In complicated IT environments there may need to be some configuration changes to work through SPF and DMARC record changes. This is to be expected with any 3rd party product like this.

Reviewed on 16/06/2024

No.1 email marketing/Automation tool available in the market

Pros

1. Excellent audience management
2. Outstanding email drafts and scheduler
3. Dashboard is easy to comprehend

Cons

1. HTML features need some updates
2. Not sure if this follows 100% GDPR

Erin
  • Industry: Performing Arts
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Worth it for any company starting out

I love the interface - once I got to know what was possible it became very easy to create what I wanted. I feel like it makes a big difference in how we're perceived by our community. I also personally like the irreverence - the graphics and cute sayings make marketing a little more fun.

Pros

I love that it's free for the first 2000 names - makes it easy to try the product over time. I switched from Constant Contact and was looking for something more affordable for our needs as a new, volunteer-based non-profit. I also love the ease of use. It's pretty simple to figure out and whatever questions I've had have been answered by the help documents.

Cons

I wish that Mailchimp more easily integrated with my ticketing software (OvationTix.) I tried to merge data but it's not intuitive so I have ended up not using that feature. I'm not sure if that's an issue on the side of Mailchimp or OvationTix, so it doesn't affect my overall enjoyment and opinion of the software.

I also deal with a lot of email going into spam, even though I've followed all of the rules and avoid filter triggering phrases in my subject lines. I guess I wish there were more support in that area.

Mad Mimi

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

We didn't feel we were getting more value for the price point than we would get from Mailchimp.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

We decided to use Mailchimp primarily because of the price structure. We have less than 500 names and it seemed silly not to try Mailchimp.
Lisandro
Lisandro
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Mailchimp is behind the competition

MailChimp came as a free alternative to our email list when things got ugly in our business. We could say it saved our subscribers list (and business). Even though things have got better, we still use it for certain campaigns where MailChimp shines. Being it a free alternative, we cannot complain. But we wished it was easier to use and had more features (if so, we would easily go for the paid plan).

Pros

I liked the templates a lot. They are beautiful and well done. Very useful if you are into template use. Also, the free plan saved our business when we were out of money. It got all the basics for a business just getting started. Finally, the brand is beautiful. The UI is beautiful.

Cons

It's frustrating to use. The user experience is, I would say, quirky. It's really hard to find an option/feature. A lot of them are hidden in places that don't make sense. For example, I was looking for the landing page editor, I could find the landing page REPORTS under REPORTS but no editor at all. I gave up. The metrics it tracks are very limited compared to the competition that delivers way more useful and detailed metrics overall. Also, it lacks some of the most useful features like a robust tag system and marketing automation.

SendPulse

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

ConvertKit ended up being too expensive for us. So, we couldn't afford it anymore when our business revenue decreased. MailChimp's free plan has everything we needed to restart and be back to life from the ashes. It's a great alternative to any business just getting started!

ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

We got SendPulse "for free" in an AppSumo promotion. But SendPulse was even harder to set up and understand than MailChimp for us. MailChimp was easier and had way more features.

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

My Absolute Favorite EMSP

I have had an overall GREAT experience with MailChimp. As with any product there will be things that come up, but I have never had a problem with getting them resolved easily and timely with their Customer Service options whether it be through Chat or Email. One of the most significant qualities I have noticed about MailChimp's customer service over all the other EMSP's I've worked with is that THEY WILL ADMIT WHEN SOMETHING IS THEIR FAULT! It is unheard of with these types of companies but they do it, and I have gained so much respect for them as a company because of that.

Pros

What I love most about MailChimp is the amount of services you get for absolutely NO cost. There are endless possibilities of things you can do with this application, and the user interface beats all the others. It is very easy to maneuver and understand for even the most beginner email marketer. The reporting features are phenomenal and with them you are able to provide designer looking reports to clients without even touching them. As a graphic designer, the template creator is definitely the best one I've seen as fair as email marketing applications go, plus they have a variety of pre-designed templates to use that are again, COMPLETELY FREE. I could go on and on about everything I love about MailChimp.

Cons

The one con I have with MailChimp is that it's been hard for me to get used to their recently updated interface, I feel like the terminology and layout makes a little bit less sense than the old interface, but I could also chalk that up to just being comfortable with what I'm used to. Also (and this is hardly a con) when you have a free version of the application, it does require your emails to be sent out with the MailChimp logo at the very bottom of the email. I say this is hardly a con because with everything they are giving you for free it makes sense that they want to try to advertise.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Adestra

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mostly convenience, ease of use, and price. Also because I had a lot of experience using the product at a previous job.
Jacob
Jacob
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

Top Email Marketing Software

I'm a big fan of MailChimp. It's my go-to email marketing software for 100% white-hat projects. The whole process is so simple. You have an email list that you upload as an audience. You then go to the campaign section to set up a proper email automation campaign. Within that build, you have the ability to use their visual editor and functions in order to easily write/design the campaign and test it in a real mail client. Unlike some of the other email marketing software, there are not EXTRA features/functionalities that you would rarely need. This decreases the confusion and noise. Big plus!

Pros

- Easy to set up VERY quickly
- WSWYG Visual Editor is super easy to use
- They're constantly coming out with new functionalities like landing page design, integration with running paid ads, etc.
- Setting up full automation is relatively easy compared to other email marketing software out there
- You can edit multiple emails in multiple tabs which makes copy/paste even easier (other software only lets you have 1 tab open at a time)
- It's free up to 2,500 contacts!

Cons

- Support can be a bit unresponsive at times when you've broken one of their terms/policies (even when it happens by accident and you're not sure what you did wrong even to trigger it)

ActiveCampaign , GMass and GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

GetResponse is also a great email marketing software, and DOES have some extra functionalities like SMS automation that is not included (at least as far as I am concerned) with MailChimp, however the user interface is far less comfortable and logging in to my account sometimes was even very buggy.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Best user interface, free for first 2500 contacts, can start sending out emails in literally less than 1 hour of work.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails

I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

Pros

I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

Cons

I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

PETER
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Super-Appealing. Informative. Eclectic.

It’s my vehicle for marketing. I can communicate everything I need in one letter to lots of people. I switched to another product because it was connected with my website, but their newsletter features were too difficult for me to learn. I dropped them and demanded my money back. Mail Chimp is the way to go.

Pros

If I can use it, ANYONE can use it! Seriously! I am a music guy with a growing music school. I don’t read directions. Mail Chimp is very intuitive. I can gather all sorts of related information in one attractive newsletter for all my clients, instructors, performers, performances, and theater staff. It allows everyone to see what’s going on, find out more about one or all items, and it’s presented in a way that doesn’t cram a million words and pics into one page.

Cons

Mail Chimp has added tons of features since I started. Along with the added features, the price went up. I only use the newsletter feature but Mail Chimp offers website creation which I’m considering switching to.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

GoDaddy (For newsletters) was too difficult to use and I had to demand my money back.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mail Chimp was my first choice and is simply intuitive for me.
Krishnamoorthy
Krishnamoorthy

Reviewed on 26/09/2021

Mailchimp is the best email marketing software

Our entire marketing department relies on Mailchimp to communicate with customers. It is our first option when it comes to email automation and marketing that is simple and straightforward. We've been using it as our primary email marketing tool for quite some time. Among other things, we utilize it to create our email templates and send large numbers of emails to a specific set of individuals. After that, we keep note of how many conversations we are having as a result of the exercise. Mailchimp offers a plethora of useful tools that we really like using, such as email automation. Additionally, it enables us to create our own email templates as well as import from other sources. Mailchimp is a fantastic platform for any kind of company that wants to send out emails to its consumers on a regular basis.

Pros

Mailchimp is a fantastic email marketing tool for anybody just getting started, as well as for agencies who have a large number of early-stage customers to handle. When you move into more complex automation, you may find that you need to seek solutions that are more established. This is the place to go if you want visually appealing emails and a simple user interface to work with.
It's always simple to use and makes intuitive sense. There are relatively few occasions when I come across anything that is not working properly. It is very dependable, and I am well-aware of what to anticipate while I am working on the platform.

Cons

When delivering through Zapier or WordPress, we need the ability for people on an existing list to have their tags changed without having to create a new list. I'd really want to see a visual automation builder implemented. Mailchimp should additionally provide manual domain verification as a feature. In order to utilize Mailchimp, we must first generate an email and then import it into the system, which may be difficult for novice users. It would be fantastic if there was an alternative for manual nameserver verification.

GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Because Seninblue had a limit on their daily emails sent on the free plan which is 300 emails per day. The Mailchimp basic plan is much cheaper than Sendinblue with more features.

Brevo

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I choose Mailchimp based on the customer reviews and recommendations I got from other Mailchimp users.
Dylan
Dylan
  • Industry: Printing
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Solid program, but cost and introduction of subscription pricing made it unviable for us

We still have a positive perception of Mailchimp. It served us well over a long period and was low-stress and reasonably priced. However, as they changed direction with the software (and pricing) it no longer became appropriate for email newsletters only. There is probably tremendous value for those who want to take advantage of segments and the more CRM like features!

Pros

Mailchimp is incredibly solid, the UI is familiar to many staff (so learning curve was slight), and they seemed to maintain high quality sending ip integrity (so open rates remained high). Other competitors we have tested over the years seemed more flexible with their sending quality, so we noticed sharp open-rate drops (even after warming up the list).

Campaigns were easy to setup and it was relatively easy to set up attractive emails (or pull in templates from elsewhere). Reporting made sense, and it was useful to be able to track client engagement over time.

Cons

We were very committed to Mailchimp over a long period (10+ years) but primarily for email newsletters. As the software developed, they continued to introduce more and more features, but in some ways this just complicated things for us. We used Mailchimp for infrequent mailouts to large mailing lists, and this worked well when they allowed you to buy adhoc credits. However, when they introduced subscription pricing only (arguably fair enough given all their new features) it made it entirely unviable to continue.

Amazon SES and Moosend

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

We switched because it was a much more robust solution, and easier to delegate email newsletters to staff (who don't necessarily have the tech background). Since Mailchimp we switched to Amazon SES with a front-end.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

At the point we made the switch, Mailchimp represented the ideal value between value for money and ease of use (Amazon SES in particular had a much higher tech curve than we had the capability to deal with initially)
Orianne
Orianne
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

With well-organized features and display is easy to use.

There are several different delivery services we could have used for our campaign. However, we decided on using the campaign creation screen because it's the most familiar and simple option. Creating a campaign on this screen requires no testing; its contents won't fail unless you remove critical parts such as the recipient and subject line. Additionally, you can create HTML emails on this screen— which allows for visually striking emails — easily. Currently, only plain text emails can be created with this service.

Pros

Sending newsletters via email is easy; there aren’t many options for editing HTML emails. Since their customer base primarily uses Twitter, it's beneficial to be able to link to other services used for email distribution. This makes it possible to send linked campaigns through emails and tweets from the service as an actor in the campaign. Recommended for first-time newsletter senders. This service can be tried for free; it's also the only service in its price range that automatically gathers subscribers from other systems and regularly sends out emails. By automating the tweets, the process eliminated the possibility of tweets being deleted. Plus, it reduced the amount of time people spent working manually.

Cons

Emailing members valuable information for free is possible through the analysis of multiple emails. Consequently, this allowed for effective email distribution.

Mike
Mike

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

Streamline Your Email Marketing: Mailchimp is there to help you with minimal to no costs

I've been using Mailchimp for my email marketing campaigns and it's been an incredible asset. It helps me to create automated email sequences, customize my messages to each customer, and track the effectiveness of my campaigns. It's saved me a lot of time and effort with its easy-to-use interface, and I'm able to quickly create professional looking emails for maximum impact.

Pros

I really like using MailChimp for my email marketing needs. It's easy to use, and creating campaigns is simple. The software allows me to customize emails very easily and also track the performance of my campaigns in real time. I also appreciate the wide range of features available such as segmentation, A/B testing, automation, and more. Overall, I'm really satisfied with the product and would recommend it to anyone looking for a reliable email marketing solution.

Cons

I found Mailchimp email marketing to be a great tool for managing my customer emails. However, I didn't like that it could be a bit complicated to set up an automated email campaign. I also found the user interface to be a bit cluttered, making it difficult to locate certain features. Even though the software is quite powerful, I found myself wishing for more streamlined navigation.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Due to the growing list and also complex automations, but still keeping the costs low we switched to mailchimp from MailPoet

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The choice was kinda easy, the costumer already had knowlegde of mailchimp. And the price was a big factor. We tested and looked into the others options but in the end Mailchimp won for the client.
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

Great quality for the investment

Overall our experience with MailChimp was a good one. I think it is a perfect platform to get going on to build your audiences and find your groove. Just know that you will outgrow this platform and your need for more advanced features will push you to a different service. If you want to use some semi-advanced features of most enterprise ESP's, you will ned to utilize additional middleware to accomplish this. But MailChimp is a great return for the investment.

Pros

MailChimp continues to improve and add enterprise type features that you would normally pay much more for with other ESP's. Features that we get the most out of are the automations, transactional service (Mandrill), and store syncing to pull customer data and purchase behaviors into MailChimp for segmentation and triggers. We have been with MC for years and each year it continues to get better. The custom short codes we can use for personalization are very helpful in creating campaigns that are unique to the individuals that are receiving them.

Cons

While they continue to advance, this ESP is still along way from an enterprise solution. The syncing is great, when is works properly. MailChimp does not actually provide the connection with different shopping carts and instead relies on third-party app developers to provide this. This leads to a bunch of issues trying to get support because each wants to point the finger at the other.

Mandrill is a great service for transaction sends, but it was combined with paid MailChimp accounts awhile ago instead of a standalone service. Wish they would have kept it separate because there is much more potential on its own.

I don't like that you can not combine template types when creating a new campaign/automation. You have to either select a pre-made template or code your own. I wish it had the ability to do both.
While the automations are a must have in today's world, and they are continuing to improve them, there is still a long way to go with these in my opinion to catch up to other ESP's.

Brandon
Brandon
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

Mailchimp doesn't money around when it comes to features and customer service

Working for a non-profit and having a very targeted base of individuals that I am trying to communicate with can be cumbersome and frustrating because that target group is very segmented by demographics. Mailchimp allows me to modify how I communicate with these segments, without having to reinvent the wheel and send separate campaigns to each segment. I can easily create one campaign and then segment from within to make sure I am communicating correctly to each group.

Pros

Mailchimp has a robust and user friendly dashboard that makes it easy for a novice to get started with an email campaign. That being said, hidden below the surface of templates and cookie cutter designs are fully customizable features and the ability to code your own emails. I believe it serves as the best of both worlds for the unassuming small business owner who really does't have time to learn or the the money to hire a professional to handle their email marketing; it also allows large corporations with a scantly lit room full of code loving nerds to have full control of their email design. Mailchimp doesn't discriminate between these two worlds when it comes the analytics and reporting , they have a terrific suite of tools to measure success. To top it all off, Mailchimp is constantly updating their technology to improve their product and help businesses communicate with their customers.

Cons

The worst thing about Mailchimp is their pricing, they can get pretty steep when you start trying to expand your reach and communicate with a larger audience. The pricing isn't outrageous, but it also isn't competitive. The other cons in my opinion are personal annoyances and probably aren't shared among a whole lot of other users. Their automation tools are a bit limited, my expectations were set high based on all the features that Mailchimp has, automation is one that is still a work in progress. My other annoyance is the branded copy all over the site, it's like being instructed by two dudebros who are constantly making inside references as they show you around. Some probably find this very charming, I find it kind of irritating.

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

Robust emailing marketing software with lots of third-party connections.

Pros

MailChimp is a very popular email marketing platform that makes it easy to send out mail campaigns. We use a great plugin for our gravity forms pushing anyone that submits a form on our website to a specific MailChimp list, group, or segment. This makes it easier than trying to regularly upload a list each time it changes.

It's popular for good reasons as setting up templated emails is really simple, guided by a step-by-step process with additional coding and advanced setup features. It also allows for RSS feeds to be sent to a blog signup list. Creating automatic drip campaigns is another feature we utilize heavily and works great at increasing follow-up. The split A/B testing is a great way to test the messages of your marketing campaign.

Being able to see the reports on clicks and users makes it one of the best features of MailChimp. We use it as a way to know our warm leads we should be reaching out to.

Cons

Although being easy to use, the few spots you get snagged up on are better resolved through a Google search than a chat to the support people. They stink. The other big con to MailChimp is the way it handles lists, groups, segments, and signup forms. Because MailChimp bills you for every last contact you have with your lists, creating duplicate lists can be an expensive mistake. The only way to separate contacts without getting double billed is to use segments and groups. This creates a challenge when using the signup forms, as the person will have to choose their preferred group to join. It would be better if MailChimp either made the signup forms group based or allowed for separate lists without duplicate charges. The other big downside to MailChimp is the difficulty with managing a user's email preferences. For example, if a user only wants to receive monthly emails instead of weekly emails, creating that option can be a bit tricky without some careful planning. It would be simpler if MailChimp created a frequency option as a customer profile option. This would fail-safe against sending out too many emails to someone that wanted fewer emails.

Andrea
Andrea
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

Mailchimp has allowed me to measure the success of my email marketing campaigns.

Thanks to Mailchimp, I've been able to create and send engaging, personalized emails that have helped me increase my customer engagement and loyalty. Plus, I'm able to automate tasks like email sending and list segmentation, which has saved me valuable time and resources. With Mailchimp's data tracking and analysis tools, I can measure the performance of my email campaigns and adjust my strategy accordingly.

Pros

Mailchimp has been a fundamental tool for me in my work as a Marketing Coordinator. With this email marketing platform, I have been able to easily and effectively create and send newsletters and email campaigns. What I like best about Mailchimp is its intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Setting up an email marketing campaign is very easy and you can choose from a variety of templates and designs to personalize your emails.

Cons

Setting up integration with other platforms can be a bit tricky. In my case, I had some trouble integrating Mailchimp with my website and other systems I use at work. Also, the process of uploading email lists can be a bit slow and tedious.

• Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 08/01/2022

Simple, Customizable & Cost Effective

Pros

When we first started looking for mass-mailing software about 8 years ago, there were very few 'cloud' solutions - with many sending hundreds of emails from our home/small-business connection. Aside from the lacklustre options provided by those programs - it also wasn't ideal to be sent from an IP address we had little control over at the time (now we've moved to an enterprise-grade static fibre line this is less of an issue). However, before we landed on Mailchimp we'd first use a program to design the newsletter and then copy the static HTML into our 'send' program to mass deliver - this left a lot to be desired, and with Mailchimp being one of the first to streamline this process meant we could offer personalised emails - and also offload a huge amount of work on our end.

Cons

There are very few negatives that I'd have about Mailchimp, I think most of mine are to do with integrations - and all of those issues have been on the integrators side rather than Mailchimps. Very occasionally I've had issues with the web editor, but its auto-saving and normal stability have more than made up for those issues.