Buildertrend Reviews

About Buildertrend

Buildertrend provides pre-sale tools including a built-in customer relationship management (CRM) system, bid requests, project proposals, plus more. Project management tools include scheduling, budgeting, timesheets, and more....

4.2
4.7

Browse Buildertrend Reviews

1,629 of 1,629 reviews
Jack
Jack

Reviewed on 17/02/2020

Welcome into the 21st Century

9/10, I haven't had any major problems with the software. Theres not too many glitches, and like I said prior if you put the effort into it, it is 100% worth it. No question. Not only that but you have a great support team to back you up, whether you're a techy or not they can really shed some light.

Pros

Phenomenal Software, it should replace everything that a construction company uses. I get that some dont like moving forward to tech, but once you actually put the work into BT to use it, it makes everything so much faster and coordination is top-notch. The fact we can give homeowners access to see whats going on construction wise saves us time and stress. We generally dont need to communicate basic things to them, they can see it for themselves!

Cons

The selections software is still a little bit limited, takes hours of work. Some sort of master template to feed everything would be amazing if it could be implemented in the future. Also the loading glitch, and how I have to "click X" to search another property. Can make going through several properties fast to a chore since it has to refresh so many times.

Response from Buildertrend

Jack, thank you so much for your review and feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to do this. And I'll be sure to pass your feedback along to our Product team.

Replied 02/03/2020
Jesse

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Now that our company has grown, this program meets our needs better

Last year when we first were shown the program we decided not to go forward. Now our that our company has grown, we see that BuilderTrend will be crucial for keeping ourselves and our crews organized. The rocky portions of the software do not outway the usefulness to our company. There is a learning curve and a lot of things to iron out as we implement it, but I can see it being a huge asset compared to other programs once we nail it down. On top of that, I know their team will keep improving the features and adding more features to a program that is already rich with features.

Pros

The best feature in this program is communication and scheduling. Also, where other programs have to borrow from many 3rd party programs to achieve their functions, this program is able to incorporate all in one. We are using it for every step of the construction process, from sales to estimates, to job management and scheduling and invoicing. Other neat features include requesting bids to subs and vendors within the program, financing for customers, interactive and customize-able selections for customers within the program. There are other features not mentioned in this review as well. The main point is that this program offers all management needs for builders and contractors, and the software team continues to update and add features according to the requests and needs of those who are using the program.
Also, where competitors charge extra for each user, this company includes unlimited users in their package, as well as unlimited subs and vendors. Some of the functions you would have to pay extra for in other programs like scheduling for crew etc. are included in their main package. Therefore the price, and what you get for your money is way better.

Cons

This software is a little more difficult to learn than other competing programs, due to it's complexity and depth of features. At times it's a bit overwhelming, though that is to be expected with the level of depth. Also some other programs have a general appearance which makes the program more inviting and user friendly. That being said, we still moved forward with this program because of the need for more features without having to pay all the extra money.
One feature they really need to improve is their proposal builder. They have good formatting options and cost codes/ item catalogs where you can build price lists within the system, but when you add items into the estimate or create a big template, when you want to go and edit info like quantities etc. you have to go through an ocean of items that are not clearly formatted (they have a worksheet tab for editing items, and a format tab for grouping and changing layout for final appearance, but the worksheet portion is unformatted, and in the format section you cannot delete items or change them at all. Therefore I found the proposal functions to be a bit rocky to deal with. However, buildertrend users can vote on improvements for the program and so there is at least light at the end of the tunnel.

Procore

Reasons for Choosing Buildertrend

Acculynx is more user friendly in general, but for all the features we need for our growing company we have to pay so much more. Every project manager we hire adds more and more to the cost of having the program, and payment is required for subs to join the program, as well as our crew. All the features we want will keep tacking up the price. If it weren't for this, we may have been able to find a way to keep using Acculynx. BuilderTrend has more to offer at a reasonable price that doesn't keep climbing.

AccuLynx

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

BuilderTrend seemed to offer everything that Procore offered. There may have been slight differences between the two programs, but procore didn't offer anything revolutionary over buildertrend, and instead seemed to offer similar ways of reaching the same end results. In the end I think buildertrend offered more functions, and used less 3rd parties to do so. However, I have not extensively tested procore, and therefore I do not know all the depths of their software. We found buildertrend first and didn't see any obvious reason why we should switch, so we didn't.

Response from Buildertrend

Jesse, thank you so much for your honest review! We appreciate you taking the time to give us such detailed feedback and I will be sure to pass it on to our Product team. Thank you again!

Replied 24/02/2020
Diana

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

It would be a great program if they made a few adjustments

When it works perfectly it has helped our 3 offices in 3 different locations communicate better and know what each other are doing on projects. We have just had to take more longer steps to make sure everyone is getting the correct information and making sure the information was passed onto the next person.

Pros

It is better than most I have worked with. It is very easy to understand without having to use codes to get into sections.

Cons

It tends to freeze a lot when I am uploading documents . I have noticed that when I am inputting information it doesn't always save despite hitting the save button numerous times. Thank goodness one of my employers knows this programs faults and doesnt think I am not doing my job correctly. Although it has caused issues with other management wanting to know why certain projects were missing items that I know I completed. Another issue that would make my and many others very frustrated is when we have worked with a client and sold a job then we get another project from the same client on the same property months later we have to create a whole new lead and copy and paste all the information on the old lead and paste it into a new lead in order for us to be able to create a new job. It is very time consuming to do this. It would be great if there was some way we could attach or add another job to the same lead and be able to create another job from the same lead without all the copy and paste steps we have had to do. Also when I am creating a todo on the bottom it asks which salesperson is this job from so I select it. If I do not add the salesman to job assigned to he will not be able to see what is happening with the job. It would be great if I could just hit the button on the bottom where I select the salesman and he automatically will get a notification and access to all information on this job instead of me having to assign it to him and select him on the bottom as well.

Top Buildertrend Alternatives

Johnnie
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 12/01/2024

Buildertrend Review

We have had a great experience with this software.

Pros

Very easy to use. Our installers love using it.

Cons

The mobile version needs some help. Not very screen friendly

Bronson

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

BuilderTrend - Simming Pool Remodeling Company

We have had a great experience overall. The software works great, there is little to no downtime, and the customer service team has always been prompt and nice.

Pros

It is cloud based, so you can access it from any computer or phone. The software is semi-customizable, which has allowed us to label and schedule things how we need them. We absolutely love the scheduling portion and the ability to upload daily logs/pictures from the job site for every job. There are a ton of other features that are really useful, such as the owner payment, job costing, and change order sections. Your overall experience will depend on how well you set up the program initially. If you set it up right, it is a great tool.

Cons

While the program is semi-customizable, it is not completely customizable. There is not much they can do to help if you want a feature more customized other than submit a ticket and hope other people are complaining about the same thing. But, that is to be expected with any mass sold cloud based software.

Procore

Reasons for Choosing Buildertrend

We wanted a solutions where we could use smart phones to access job information and upload daily pictures from the jobs.

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

BuilderTrend had a better price point and they were easier to work with during the startup.
Jeremy

Thoughts on BuilderTrend from a Remodeling company perspective

Solved the time that it took to email out the schedule to all trades and team now it flows alot better and I answer the phone alot less. Since most of the answers trades and the team are looking for are on BT they can find most of what they need there as long as we input the info they have what they need.
BuilderTrend gives me more time and freedom to do what owners of a business should be doing. It was one of the best choices I have made to start using it.

Pros

The scheduling feature is what we use most. Its nice to have all the info to our trades and managers so they are fully aware of the project, can see pictures, and have a full scope of work prior to start date. We use the estimating part of the software as well I do wish the contract section had more detail in it which I think it could if we took some extra time to develop that.

Cons

Very happy now I can have as many job starts as I would like instead of being limited. Little unhappy that I can have only 3 users and have to pay for more than 3. As the owner who does estimates I want access as a user. I also have a designer who does estimates and she needs access. I also have 2 project managers/carpenters that need access to it as well so I will be looking at having to pay for additional users on top of the price increase I have already incurred but making it unlimited job starts.

Haven't fully used BT to its full potential but we will at some point. The software is top notch I don't have really any complaints that I can think of at this time.

UDA ConstructionSuite and CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

Its more intuitive then some of the other programs we were looking at.
Greg

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Custom Homes experience with Buildertrend

Pros

Scheduling, Logging, Time clocks, to do's ETC are very easy to use and extremely handy/ useful for use as a construction company for various reasons such as keeping a constant flow of action happening on our building sites and in theory there should be no gaps of time on the building site where nobody is working or unable to work, we believe keeping a consistent flow of action on a building site is possible through buildertrend and with nobody having to go out to site to check whats happening on site 90% of the time

Cons

sub contractors don't generally enjoy singing into our computer system every time they want paid or to confirm theyre gonna take action on a job ETC,
this isnt to blame on buildertrend its just we struggle to get our sub contractors to cooperate using our online services,

Greg

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Great Organizational tool !

I love being able to track all purchases and labor against the original proposal. It allows you to learn where you are making money, and where you are losing, so you can adjust from one project to the next. In this way, you can fine tune pricing to be as competitive as possible in the marketplace.

Pros

I like the level of customization available in the software, it allows me to detail my proposals, and make them look the way I want, so they stand out from the competition.
Also love the financials feature, and the schedule, so the client always knows what the project balance is, and what is happening next.

Cons

To fully utilize the software, there is a lot of data to be entered and updated regularly on a large project, which can take a fair bit of time.

Sage Construction Suite

Sage Construction Suite

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

I liked the format and tools better in Buildertrend, and was impressed at how responsive the Buildertrend development team was to changes and updates.
Jen

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

There are a lot of kinks that need worked out

Job costing has been more accurate than using spreadsheets (As long as people bring me receipts and clock in to the correct job, which has been a challenge). Customer communication has improved, and thus, customer satisfaction has improved.

Pros

I like the sense of security it provides to our customers since they can log in and see how their job is doing.

Cons

It does everything, but it doesn't do everything WELL. For instance, it does time tracking and GPS tracking.... but it only tells us where our guys are when they clock in and out. It doesn't give us a map of where they went the whole time like T-sheets did, so we have no way of knowing if someone went to the job site, clocked in and then left. It sync's to Quickbooks for payroll, but not correctly. It sends over all of the guys time as Regular time. I have to manually input their hours if I want to pay them for their overtime. It has this Buildertrend Flat Rate Code that nobody can edit or delete and it causes a lot of problems for us. The list goes on..... Whenever I ask them if they can help, I'm told, "Well it doesn't have that feature." Then I ask if they can put in a tech request, but they go on telling me how I should do it online, it will be more effective. That's not right. They should be able to put in a tech request for me and have it be just as effective as if I did it online.

Christopher
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Great versatility for GC and also useful for an architectural drafter

We are able to keep track of more jobs easier with Buildertrend. Our production volume was at our limit before searching for online databases and project management software; with Buildertrend we have been able to make our business work significantly more smoothly, and we have information at our fingertips which in the past was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Pros

Buildertrend is a wonderful way to keep track of what is going on. This includes scheduling; creating, recording and sending documentation; organizing projects neatly; and staying aware of finances. It also has a very helpful Leads section, which helps me keep track of prospects from the earliest stage of when I become aware of them. In a word, I would say I appreciate most the organization which Buildertrend offers.

Cons

To be succinct, the user interface (UI) is decent but could use some improvement. The Files section in particular could use some work. I would like it to be versatile and able to navigate easily. An example of improved versatility is being able to access information in a simpler and faster way, such as Windows Explorer offers in how I see and can analyze various folders and files. An example of easy navigation is being able to tile multiple view windows so I can compare file locations across multiple Jobs to keep similar file types in the same locations, and so I could ensure my folders all have identical names across multiple Jobs

Procore and WorkflowMax

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

It best fit the size of our business as well as offered the precise functions and volume we needed.

Response from Buildertrend

Christopher, thank you for taking the time to give us your honest feedback and review! I have passed your suggestions along to our Product team.

Dan

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Buildertrend functionality and compatibility with Residential Renovation Company

Buildertrend has proven to be exactly what we were looking for to track daily functions such as Daily logs, change orders, purchase orders etc. The real time inputting of mobile devices and the function of the mobile app are very thorough and invaluable. The new internal user permissions are a bit more difficult to individualize. Edits affect all users within each label so the only way is to create a new title to edit a single user.

Pros

A great construction management tool. Offers flexibility in formatting of different components within the program. Leads are easily tracked with notifications, summary page is very thorough and useful, job info, templates, scheduling, daily logs, To-Do's, Change Orders, time clock c/w geo-fencing, docs & photos, surveys, estimates, bills & PO's, Budget and owner invoices all flow well and again are customizable to fit individual company needs. Owner view is a great option and allows for owner participation and information flow.

Cons

No tax module is addressed within the system. This adds a lot of steps and confusion to make sure taxes are added independently in QuickBooks Online (QB). It also confuses the customer on their Buildertrend site. We send all invoices out of QB for contract invoices and change order invoices. A big negative. A great management tool but weak on the interface with QB.

UDA ConstructionSuite

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

Very similar platforms. Without previous experience with a program like this we had to make a choice. We had an introduction online and were offered a concession in price and decided to give it a go. Interestingly enough UDA has tackled the tax issue and got it working from what we understand. We are hoping Buildertrend will do the same.

Response from Buildertrend

Dan - thank you for your review and feedback! I've passed your feedback along to our Product team.

Heather

Reviewed on 22/06/2022

Left after software "upgrade"

90% of customer service associates were amazing. Very friendly, helpful and fun to work with. I will miss working with their team.

Pros

I used to like how the software was formatted with categories and subcategories. Uploading photos was easy to do.
When we saw what the new format was going to be, we immediately researched new software products and choose UDA Construction Online.

Cons

Scheduling
New upgrade - one no longer has the ability to organize the estimate.
Each line item went to quick books versus categories/subcategories
Can't see which items have PO's or not
They would do software changes mid day during the middle of the week
Entering data was a total pain

CoConstruct

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

We initially choose BuilderTrend because it was NOT coconstruct. But then BT bought CC and it became a mess

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Game changer for our daily operations

Overall we've had a very positive experience and don't foresee us switching anytime soon.

Pros

Having one place to manage all of our field operations has been a game changer. Especially the iunlimited document & photo storage -allowing us to grant access to all paperwork and details to the field team with just a few clicks. The flexibility of the scheduling platform and ability to connect tasks and create interdependent "living" schedules is great and the ability to have multiple levels of permissions for subs/clients & our team is very comprehensive as well and allows us to customize for the way we use the system.

Their customer service is top notch and there is always someone available to chat about an issue and they are on top of any issues with updates and consistently adding valuable features to the platform based on very specific user feedback.

Cons

I think they need more work on the Lead/sales managing side of the platform -we had been using ACT customer management system and would love to have the ability to also manage all client contacts and leads in Buildertrend but it is not nearly as comprehensive although they did just roll out a reports function that will help I think more option for customization would be helpful. Even if they were able to integrate with ACT or the like.

I also wish they integrated with more accounting software as we use Sage and it is not supported. Admittedly it is not as common as quickbooks but the lack of integration creates more work for us on the accounting side of things.

Response from Buildertrend

Thank you for your kind words and review, Jennifer! We also appreciate your feedback on our integrations and our CRM - I will pass that feedback along to our Product team. Thanks again!

Replied 27/06/2019
Dave

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Great way to track projects

Buildertrend has made us look much more organized than we are, since the customer can see the project progress if they’re tech savvy. We are also able to see cost of project and markups as we do proposals.

Pros

The best aspect of Buildertrend, would have to be the daily logs and customer ability to follow their daily project progress. Time tracking for employees, lead tracking, customer tracking, ability to sign projects electronically, receive payment online with minimal fees, and communicate with everyone involved with each project.

Cons

Buildertrend is a bit convoluted and cumbersome for the small company like myself. Being out on the job physically working to make ends meet due to employee shortages, leaves me with little time for office work. When I do have time for office work, I struggle to find the time needed to enter enough information in BT, to get back what we are paying for it. The more we enter the more we benefit. BT was difficult to learn in some areas of the program, and upgrades sometimes require even more training. We struggle with scheduling, and getting project information to show up on quickbooks.

MarketSharp

Reasons for Choosing Buildertrend

Added features like time card tracking

improveit 360

Reasons for Switching to Buildertrend

It seemed to have more options

Response from Buildertrend

Dave, we appreciate you taking the time to give us a review and feedback! Continue to lean on your Buildertrend Coach and our Customer Success team for any help they can provide you.

Replied 05/08/2019
Cord

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

I didn't know what I was missing...

I am finding myself being more accurate and detailed with estimates and labor costs. The time clock feature takes a lot of calculating off my shoulders. The scheduling, estimating, change orders, to-do's, daily logs, and PO's/bills features cut my logging time in half and the fact that everything is stored on Buildertrend and that I can make this information visible to clients prevents me from going through repetitive actions to keep people on the same page. Using the cost catalog with cost codes makes for a streamlined process in creating and releasing information to the client, this also keeps an accurate record of activities and makes for a very professional look when showing these documents to clients. I have so much more time in my day to tackle more productive and urgent matters while handling day to day operations for current jobs in a fraction of the time compared to not using Buildertrend.

Pros

The live updates in communication with subs and clients makes this software very desirable for my clients. Simplifies the process of communication and keeping people up to date.

Cons

For a single person that handles all day to day operations for a company and trying to learn a new software is a challenge. Not necessarily a con but to integrate the software makes for a bigger workload for a couple weeks.

Charielle
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 20/02/2017

Buildertrend is a Game Changer

Our team has been using Buildertrend for just over 2 years now and we would be lost without it. It's a no-brainer! The program has given our team a competitive advantage by providing our customers with their own project website, has improved the efficiency in our processes dramatically and has made project management on site incredibly easy. Even after 2 years, I'm still learning about new features that will help our team. The program's unmatched support team, detailed and highly-developed features and complete integration has helped us increase our volume, revenue and profits... It's completely changed the game for Owen Homes.

Pros

The included customer service team and support are unmatched. When you're running your business through this program, sometimes you need an immediate answer or need to learn a new feature on the fly and having instant access to those webinars and forums is invaluable.

I also love how detailed and thought through each feature is - it's what made the switch from our old process so easy because they literally thought of everything!

I could go on forever... the custom fields, different types of users and permissions, project templates, sync to Quickbooks... Buildertrend is doing it and doing it well.

Cons

Some of the features like selections, financials, and the gantt chart portion of the calendar are definitely more challenging when trying to switch from our current process over to Buildertrend. However, I'm not sure if there is a better way for any of those; I know those will have a learning curve because those are the more difficult parts of the project.

It's hard to come up with cons for the program because I feel a lot of my issues could be resolved by learning more about the feature. I guess I'll leave with a suggestion: maybe emailing or notifying users of the next month's available webinars or reminders to use the resources -- I forgot these existed for about a year, I was just watching the videos available. I would like to see more videos uploaded -- long and short on specific features.

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

I am a horrified customer forced to use this product to refit condos destroyed by Hurricane...

It looks like a well thought out package. It would be so much better if users could change selections. Road Runner said it is not possible, because the construction company needs to protect itself, in case a user changes an item after construction starts. Hogwash! Use a time stamp. Take a snapshot! Freeze the app at construction start date. There are many ways to skin that cat.

Pros

Pictures, prices, all available in one spot.
I love the fact that I can view by location, or category. But it is impractical to use because there is so much dead space between items.
It is great being able to tally up costs as you pick items. unfortunately the costs show up in the wrong fields. See the cons section for more.
I really love the pictures and the details. the fact that I can see multiple images , in different rooms of the floor that I picked, for example.

Very intuitive.

Cons

Summary Price information is all wrong. My total price and remaining balance are the same! How can that be? As I pick additional items the dollar figure under selections made goes down. How can that be? I have no idea what my condo rebuild will cost me.
It takes 500 click for me to pick flooring for 1 condo. I should be able to say "I want Tile- Wood Plank- 6"x 24" Lumber Gray tiles throughout". It takes hours for me to record what should take 1 minute!
Each section is organized difrently. in the 1st section (enterance) my tile is 1st on the grid. Then on the second(Kitchen) it is last! This makes it so hard to search.
If I look at a category view, there are page, after page of blank space between items, making it impossible to use. I have to go through 10 pages to move between flooring selections in this view making it useless. The same hold true for the location view. I suspect this is a function of the data loader, but the company and project managers always say "that is the way BY works" When I complain to Road runner restoration they say they can do nothing about it. They state they cant modify the software!
The user has no capability to undo selections! So if we make a mistake we need to wait a month for the construction company to make changes.
Items .
If I logon to two units in the same webbrowser, one overwrites the other! Aaaah!

Response from Buildertrend

James, we are really sorry to hear about your negative experience. We strive to make sure all parties that are using our platform are getting the information they need. Buildertrend can be customized to fit many needs from many different types of companies. We will reach out to the Buildertrend account owner to make sure they are aware of all permission settings. Thank you again for your feedback.

Replied 11/01/2019

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Well worth the money

The software, like all I've tried to implement over the years, can be a little frustrating at first. You're going to get pushback from trade contractors and field people. However, I think it is well worth it. More importantly, the trades and field people have come to rely on the software and usually appreciate it after 3 to 4 jobs.

Pros

The customer service is surprisingly amazing. Anytime I have a question, I am able to reach someone by phone or email very quickly. The integration with Quickbooks Desktop is almost flawless. We use the daily logs quite regularly. These logs allow the entire team to remain up to date on the jobs and their progress. We've also found that the homeowners are reassured by these daily logs. The bids section has saved us tremendous time and increased our estimating accuracy. The ability to be able to template jobs, bid packages, and so many other items saves us a ton of time.

Cons

The software seems to be most suited for a cost-plus project. As we bid jobs on a fixed price, we have found a few of the features less useful. We are only using about half of the features. I can't fairly say that these unused features are not good, but we do want to use some of these features, and the fact that we have been unable to implement them causes me some frustration. These features include the selections and the warranty sections.

Kathy

BuilderTREND Review

We are very impressed with Buildertrend. They are always coming up with new ideas. They are very progressive and very responsive to any programming changes. We have tried similar products in the past but nothing compares to Buildertrend. We would highly recommend this software. It is an important tool in the daily operation of our company.

Pros

I like that it is one platform for our staff, our clients and our subtrades. I like the ease of the change order approval and decline, and the change orders are interactive with the appropriate vendors and subtrades. The schedules are so helpful to keep everyone apprised of the sequence of events. We use the daily logs to record our field visits and items that need to be actioned from those meetings. The To-Do tab keeps everyone on task and on time. We also enjoy the lead opportunity to make sure we are following up with all our potential clients.

Cons

The inability to hide non pertinent information from the client view. We like to keep things as simple as possible for clients, so they are not confused. We would like the ability to hide columns that the client is not required to action. e.g. selection, change orders.

Response from Buildertrend

Kathy, thank you so much for your kind words and your 5-star review! We truly appreciate it. I've also passed your feedback along to our Product team! Thanks again.

Replied 21/06/2019
Kim

Reviewed on 11/07/2018

Excellent

I really can't enough about the customer service. They always answer the question I ask. My Customer Success Manager, , is so unbelievable. If every rep I had in my construction was like him, I would have no problems. But, all the other people who answer the phone are great, too. I attended a BTUniversity event, and the event planner, Danielle, for that was amazing, as well. EVERYONE I have ever dealt with (after sales) at BT has the best attitude. They are helpful and lovely and all things good. For those of you who do not know, they have bootstrapped the funding for this company. As a lot of us in construction have done, I find it extremely respectful. The guys who are in charge have done a great job and are very humble coupled with excitement for their business.

Pros

This online management system is so great in every way. It is so intuitive to the construction community. I love the ease of scheduling, the ease of selections, having everything in one place for our team, the level of permissions per team member, and the customer support is off the charts - I don't think there's a rating high enough for them. I used a competitor of BT for years, and it's like driving a Tesla compared to a ModelT.

Cons

What I like least is that I didn't find it sooner and the sales experience...barf. I get why they sell the way they do, but it's icky. Eventually, I forgot about how gross it was because the customer service is unimaginably great! Don't not sign-up because your sales person lacks authenticity and makes your skin crawl. The experience after is totally worth it.

Response from Buildertrend

Kim, thank you so much for your great feedback! It was wonderful to meet you at Buildertrend University and we’re so happy you got so much out of our event. We’d love to have you back here in Omaha anytime!

Replied 20/07/2018
Wasay
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

A Perfect Business Tool.

Buildertrend is an integral part of our company, it helps in our company operations from the lead stage to sales and from there onwards to installation & collection stages with a track record of every single day.

Pros

- We can upload all project-related documents, photos & videos under the customer folder.
- We can update daily logs, which helps the team members to be on one page.
- To-Dos helps us a lot in completing our task by time.
- The schedule section helps a lot to keep a track record of projects.
- We can send messages to our customers, and other team members can also view it using the global tab.
- Under the financial tab, it gives us various categories which help a lot to our finance team.

Cons

- It takes time while loading.
- Daily logs can be edited by any team member without edit history.

Response from Buildertrend

Wasay, thank you so much for taking the time to give us your review! Makes us so happy to hear that our platform is an integral part of YellowLite.

Replied 12/09/2019
Jesse

Easy to Use - Professional and Civilian

My experience with Buildertrend has been overall very positive and getting better all the time with the enhancements and technological advances it has made over the past two years. I can't imagine going back to how were did things before.

Pros

There are many aspects that I love about it but I'd have to say that the best one I use everyday is the client portal and how easy it is to interact in live time with them either about budget, product selection, invoicing, daily logs and record keeping. It keeps everyone up to date without actually having to update everyone individually and it keeps clients in the loop of day to day or week to week activities whether they are around or not.

Cons

The first time we used the software, it had some bugs to be worked out with how it interfaced with other programs and ease of use. They seem to have worked these bugs out and are continually enhancing it by listening to users input and how their individual needs can be met.

Emma

Excellent Product

Buildtrend has been a fantastic choice for us. We have taken our business from all paper-based, to 95% paper-free because of this change. We are also getting a significant improvement in the use of our field supervisors' time because they are actually out in the field instead of sitting at a computer.

Pros

Buildertrend has been exactly the product we needed to allow our field supervisors to actually be in the field instead of in the office. Our supers are able to easily schedule their crews on the go and also keep all of their job notes in the Daily Logs. This keeps everyone on the same page and allows those of us in the office to see real-time what's happening in the field. We also use the system to track upcoming houses, safety meetings, and warranty issues. It is very user friendly.

Cons

I only have very minor complaints: I wish we could merge multiple lead opportunities together. Also, pulling reports from the schedule is ok, but we have to drop everything into Excel and create our own reports to pay our subcontractors.

Response from Buildertrend

Thank you so much for your review and feedback, Emma! I've passed your suggestions along to our Product team. And we love hearing how we can save your company paper, and time!

Matthew

Excellent Option for Construction Project Management

We started using Builder Trend in July of 17 to help stream line the many projects that we have. Builder Trend has been outstanding in growing with our company. There was a moment in time when several major components where simply not working well and we were considering moving to another System. Builder Trend's staff and development department have resolved all those issues and created a much better product that we will continue to use for years to come.

Pros

By far, the best thing about Builder Trend is its people. I have interacted with a lot of the staff and they excel in getting issues resolved.
This Online Software has everything that you need to manage a large variety of construction projects, Vendor/Contractors, and Customers
They continually update their program and it keeps getting better and better
They take great care in listening to their clients when making improvements
You can easily access the system using Desktop, Tablet or phone

Cons

They are working to address these issues, but one of the main issues is that it tends to not be as user friendly as other software, there are many times that they use 4-5 steps to accomplish tasks, when 1-2 would be better.
There are several bugs anytime that you use something that is internet based. Some of these issues have been addressed, others (like window scrolling) Still need to be corrected.

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Processes

With the implementation of BuilderTrend, we have been able to perform as a company in such an efficient way that I often feel as though I am forgetting something. I think what I mean by that statement is that BuilderTrend has us to organized that my day to day tasks from leads, selections on current jobs, schedules, bids/estimates, and much much more is so streamline, I often feel a void internally like I am missing something. That "thing" that I am missing is stress and confusion.
This is and exceptional tool for us.

Pros

The best part about BuilderTrend is that we were able to apply our own processes we have established throughout the 38 years we have been open on a cloud based platform.

Cons

BuilderTrend is a very powerful tool. There is nothing about the software I particularly dislike, but I will say that it takes a lot of time to implement and understand the software. There are several areas that need improving/changing, however, the people at BuilderTrend are so quick to adjust. It is amazing