ClickUp Reviews

About ClickUp

ClickUp is a cloud-based collaboration and project management tool suitable for businesses of all sizes and industries. Features include communication and collaboration tools, task assignments and statuses, alerts and a task...

Browse ClickUp Reviews

4,047 of 4,047 reviews
Denise
Denise

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

It allows flexible team cooperation on daily activities

Organization of a little project. It sits perfectly in the middle of the two extremes: too basic and too complex. When it comes to connecting chores and keeping track of them all in one location, there is no limit to the possibilities. To have all my work documented correctly, it's nice that you can insert comments and embeds, even Genially.

Pros

All of the templates and their adaptability give a clear picture of the possibilities. Fortunately, the Clickup university and other resources, such as videos, make a wealth of learning readily available. This makes it simpler for me to keep track of the many projects on which my team is currently working, allowing me to better allocate resources and time.

Cons

Even if you think you're on a subpage of a document, it might be difficult to tell. It's difficult to see the differences between two templates with the same name.

eva

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Advanced task and idea management

Pros

It has all the features you could need and has great overview and calendar integration functionalities. Love the dashboard view and calculation options

Cons

Not for beginners who need something simple, can get a bit overwhelming. Free version doesn't include all the options i need

Notion

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I needed more options. I also liked the list functions.

Trello
Sebastián
Sebastián

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

improving... but not there yet

It feels like a toy. Nice for small teams than are happy to fiddle with it. No so good for corporates that need a robust tool.

Pros

no technical people seems to like it more than Jira. It let people have their own private spaces.

Cons

It feels fragile. Many things may happen without leaving tracks nor a way to recover. For example, people may move, rename, dissable, delete things and when you notice it it is too late... no track left about when it happened nor who did it... no alerts sent neither. Surely the docs are not at corporate level compared to confluence for example. It has much less integrations than Jira

Shortcut

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

because shortcut felt not good outside the tech teams and we needed to expand it to the whole company

Top ClickUp Alternatives

Carlos
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/01/2024

ClickUp is great for tech savy folks

We have been using ClickUp for over 3 years and have been extremely happy with all the features and all the new features that are constantly being added.

Pros

The malleability of ClickUp is what drew me to the system initially. We created so many custom systems that are based on how WE do business. This definitely doesnt inhibit you like most systems in pre-structured, cookie-cutter systems

Cons

The initial setup was not easy. This system isn't for the faint of heart. If you want simple setup, this is not it.

Zoho CRM, HubSpot CRM and Operations Hub

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Left company where I was using Salesforce and knew I didn't want the structure of SF.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Better customization and integration options
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 18/02/2024

Clickup - An Ok Review

Overall experience is not entirely bad. It's decent and I go back to it for task management and collaboration which I think they've sort of gotten right. The modern feel also tends to draw me in.

Pros

So I think I like the interface best about click up. Inviting, grabbing and can be easy to use once you get into it. Love the use of colours and also modern feel. I like that you also document using their notes feature and also the different templates available too.

Cons

So what I don't particularly like is the clutterness. I wish there was something like bases that seperate different bases like airtable here. Would make it easier to access my tasks and other documents. The hierarchical layered folder model feels a bit cluttered to me. The last time I used it. I couldn't also use formula properly. It was frustrating.

Airtable

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I'm currently using more of Airtable now. But I go back to clickup for the modern task management template.
Laban

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

All-in-one solution to simplify project management

We have had a great experience with clickup since it has brought about organization and order in our task and project management which has enhanced efficiency.

Pros

I appreciate its customizable nature that enables us to modify our project management workflows according to our project strategies. Its time tracking capabilities have been instrumental in helping us to estimate the time required for each task which enables us to save on time and resources.

Cons

Its mobile application has a lot of room for improvement in its functionality so as to enhance the productivity of project management on the go.

Oyaro

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

Improving productivity and collaboration with Clickup

Pros

The tool provides an easy to use interface and analytics which makes project management easy enhancing productivity through collaboration.

Cons

The tool works well and we have not encountered any issue so far.

Melissa

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

Click up - The Best Organizational app/tool for any company.

Exceptional and proactive. Best platform I have used thus far!

Pros

* Brand Organization
* Ability to multitask on a multiple projects
* Time Management

Cons

I can not highlight one con for click up! that is how great it is!

NetSuite
Susan

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

A Great Task Scheduling Solution

Pros

When it comes to scheduling tasks and project management, ClickUp offers amazing features. It is customizable and boosts productivity.

Cons

No issues with ClickUp. It is amazing as is.

Ali Ahmet
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 08/03/2024

ClickUp Review 2

I think ClikcUp seems sufficient at the moment. However, it should be updated frequently, new features should be provided and information about its security and privacy should be provided.

Pros

Easy to use but still new. There is a lot of room for improvement and it is very complicated.

Cons

Having a very complex structure. We don't know where we will find it. It would be nice if there was a training start.

Jessica
Jessica

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

It's simple to use, has a nice UI, and makes it simple to collaborate

We were able to get all of our teams on the same page by using ClickUp. I enjoy ClickUp because it offers an app that I can use on my mobile device to keep track of my activities.. You may add subtasks, a description, and a priority to each task. It's a really user-friendly UI. In addition, the images and colors used are tasteful. It makes tedious tasks more bearable.

Pros

Using ClickUp, many teams may collaborate on the same project/task from a single location. To have those in command and those who only need to be informed of what is going on without taking any tangible measures is wonderful. Team members don't meet in person, which might lead to misunderstandings about work procedures.

Cons

There's a learning curve because there are so many options and options for customization. Getting the hang of it and making full use of it might take some time. The functionality of several of the features has been reduced to a "minimum viable product," thus they still require improvement.

Jose J
Jose J

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

ClickUp boosted the productivity in our team.

After I understood and teach my team how to deploy and integrate ClickUp into our business, it has been a great experience so far, not to mention the wonderful customer support from the ClickUp team. Also, they are releasing new great features every often that we immediately integrate into our workspaces.

Pros

What I like about ClickUp is that is a very powerful tool that allows me and my team to track tasks, brainstorm ideas, create documentation, content calendars, and planning, share tasks and documents with clients, and many more features that we are still discovering every day.

Cons

Understanding how to organize the workspaces in ClickUp could be a little overwhelming for certain users. In my personal case, I had to enroll on the ClickUp University site to understand certain features, however in their tutorials, they already had different workspaces with dummy information, but there was no explanation on how to create that information from scratch. Thankfully, I found a few YouTube videos that explained how to create information from scratch, following easy analogies from our everyday life.

Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I think we liked the idea to have all our product information and tracking in one place instead of jumping between apps now and then.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

Replied 01/09/2022
Yasas Sri
Yasas Sri

Reviewed on 29/07/2022

ClickUp: A Customizable Easy to Use Workflow Management Tool for Startups

I am extremely happy to use ClickUp more than any other tool. ClickUp provides client apps, and even works great with browsers or through mobile. I am so happy to continue this.

Pros

It is so intuitive, feature-rich and user friendly. I am amazed to see how much the ClickUp team has developed this product. It is unlike any other tool, This is very smart and intelligent.

Cons

There is no specific issue I noticed, but sometimes it may feel like "too much of features" and you are overloaded with so many options. But it is not a huge blocker.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

Replied 26/08/2022
Jay

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

Clickup Gets the Job Done

Pros

It has a lot of features. It allows automation which is very helpful for saving time creating tasks. It allows you to track time of employees and manage if you are overloading the employees. It provides a lot of views to better understand the project.

Cons

I think that the documents could use a lot more work. It feels far behind Notion in that regard.

Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

It provides a view like trello with more features.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

It had a gantt chart view at that time.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Jay!

Replied 04/10/2022

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

It is easy to assign tasks within the team using ClickUp

ClickUp has been a huge help in terms of keeping track of everything that needs doing within the company, from scheduling meetings and updating calendars to keeping track of individual projects. Our team managers are able to keep tabs on everything with the Watcher function.

Pros

ClickUp is helpful in many ways; for starters, it allows us to create and keep track of projects with ease. It comes with a variety of functions, such as a nighttime mode. Other than that, we have access to a variety of dashboards and layouts. It's one of a kind and simple to use thanks to its built-in calendar and reminders.

Cons

For an untested group, the process of adoption can present several obstacles. In many cases, we still don't know what the optimal course of action is when it comes to automating tasks. There is a wide variety of options for controlling alerts that can be changed or removed.

Response from ClickUp

Hey Sarah! Thanks so much for the review! ����

We really appreciate the time you took to share your opinion and we're glad to hear that ClickUp has been helpful in many ways.

Also, please know that our Support team is available anytime to answer any ClickUp questions and provide assistance whenever you need.

Feel free to contact us at [email protected] so we can offer suggestions to help you automate tasks and control your alerts. Our Support team is available anytime to help!✨

Replied 06/01/2023
Jaydeep
Jaydeep

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

ClickUp: Your All-In-One Solution for Productivity and Collaboration!

Overall, based on my analysis of user feedback and my understanding of ClickUp's capabilities, I would say that ClickUp is a strong choice for anyone looking for a comprehensive project management tool.

Pros

it is is highly customizable and can be tailored to fit the unique needs of different users and organizations. Users can create custom views, fields, and workflows... to match their specific project management requirements.that collaboration features make it easy for team members to communicate and work together. Users can assign tasks, comment on them, and share files and documents, all within the platform.it can be integrated with a variety of other tools and apps, such as Google Drive, Trello, and Slack. This allows users to streamline their workflows and avoid switching back and forth between different platforms.

Cons

I have found ClickUp to be overly complex and difficult to navigate, particularly when they are first getting started with the platform. This can make it challenging for teams to adopt the software and use it effectively.Overall, ClickUp is a powerful and flexible project management tool that offers a lot of value for its users. While there are some areas for improvement, the software's extensive customization options and collaboration features make it a popular choice for many teams and organizations.

Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

it offers a free plan as well as affordable paid plans, making it an accessible option for teams of all sizes and budgets.

Response from ClickUp

Hey Jaydeep! Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate the feedback! ����

Please contact us at [email protected] so we can offer suggestions to make the platform seem less complicated. Our Support team is available 24/7 to help!✨

Also, we love hearing ideas for improvements from our users & we'd love for you to share any suggestions you have on our feedback boards! Our Product team reviews every post and that's truly the best way for your ideas to be considered!����

Replied 24/02/2023
Cherry
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

For artists and small business owners, best of my top 5

I hope they will keep on making it better, I want to see this app thrive, and as my business grow, I am interested to join more advanced plan.

Pros

I tried Monday, Quora, Trello, and Asana, I was going to paid for Asana and I asked a few photogrpaher friends. Someone suggested ClickUp. The name sounds too basic for me I thought, but then I realised it’s very similar to Asana, but easier to see everything. For someone who is dyslexic and easily get lost in a sea of words, Clickup’s layout helps me to keep multiple projects organised.

My challenge of finding the right organisational app is that I am doing the sales and marketing, social media, providing the service and getting the money from clients. I need an app that allows me see different layers of project and be able to put them into calendar EASILY. It will list out tasks that don’t have a due date yet.

You can put the starting date, due date and estimated time.

What I need most is goal setting, it has multi style goals you can set. This is a paid service on Asana.

This app although has some minor problems, but it’s just mild inconveniences. I love how they sneakily look at other apps and what they are doing right and what they are lacking. I feel like other apps are just shutting their eyes and designing something that they love.

This app is simple to use, as an artist and a small business owner, this app helps me to feel in control of a mountain of minor tasks.

Cons

Calendar is my least impressed function. It’s so difficult to create a block of time and assign a task to the time. There are so many buttons to click and you need to press “done” after inputting the date or time value, if you forget, which you will, because no other calendars work that way, you will mess up the start and back due date, then you will have to start doing it all over again. I stop using this task to calendar function because of how clumsy it is. I wish it can be more like google calendar. Drag a block of time, you can shorten it or lengthen it. Yes, on ClickUp, if you wish to change the time you have set you need to do the clumsy process all over again. It wastes so much time.

I love the start and due dates value, but I would also love the actual working date/time value.
Because the prospect may contact me on 2019/03/23 at 12:00 and the project must finish (due date) by 2019/04/22 at 13:00; I may actually just work On:
2019/03/28 13:00-18:00 photo shoot
2019/03/29 11:00-14:00 editing
2019/04/12 15:00-18:00 final edit
I wish there is a time log.

You can see your tasks on google calendar, but you won’t see your google calendar events on Clickup’s calendar.

Sometimes the buttons are not that responsive, I have to click a few times for the radius button to be clicked on the check list.

Which checklist and to do list look similar but they each has a different set of function, I wish they just combined them.

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/08/2019

Innovative project/task management software with plenty of power, even in the free tier

I'm impressed overall although I'm not sure I'm going to switch from Todoist. Having task dependencies is pretty tempting though. Definitely anyone looking for a task/project management for teams should look very closely at Clickup. If any of your team has aging eyes, however, trust me they're going to protest.

Pros

I have to say I'm impressed with so much power being offered for small teams for free: Things like email notifications, a slick Android/iOS app, dependencies for tasks (almost never free), file attachments for tasks (ditto), integrations (Todoist and Slack are the two I checked out), generous allocation of projects.

This is a thoughtfully designed app for teams with enterprise-level features for everyone.

At first it might seem like a negative that time tracking isn't native to the app but since so many adopters are probably already using a dedicated TT app, the tight-enough integration with third-party apps like Toggl is a good idea. Plus Clickup has a Chrome extension. See below for caveats.

I also liked being able to minimize tasks to the bottom of the screen.

Other members of the the team, such as managers, can watch tasks without those tasks being assigned to them. This is unique to Clickup, I believe.

Cons

The tagline for the app is One app to replace them all and the strain of accomplishing that shows in the webapp's complex UI. Don't get me wrong, the devs have done an impressive job with basic onboarding, in general, and with cramming so many features on-screen. However there were times I either felt lost or wondered about the various spaces and panes that weren't being used. I kept finding features that

But the worst thing about the UI is the text size and the too-light accent colors. Too many UI elements were in the lightest gray imaginable that could still be perceived. Not at all optimal. Some more themes would be appreciated. I can't see being happy using the app every day because of this. Also, a tiny tiny little flag that indicates a high priority task is kind of a joke. Maybe lightly shade the whole task?

The Android app , on the other hand, is better if not ideal. I'm not used to different type sizes within a pane.

I disabled the Chrome extension because when it was installed it kept crashing my other extensions and its massive CPU grab led to my having to Powerwash my Chromebook.

Cameron

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Power and flexibility in an ever evolving production management package

Pros

Very flexible and versatile. Tons of customization options. Love that there's so many ways to view and work with tasks with such ease. It really is a swiss army knife that can take on the heavy lifting of so many other tools so it's exciting to be able to consolidate and simplifying some of the stack. The recently added automations are a great step towards even more power. I also love that they release new features every single week so it evolves very quickly and the transparent roadmap and voting system make it easy to help shape the product.

Cons

Because there is so many features the UI can be pretty overwhelming and inconsistent. I also find it very slow and sometimes buggy despite appearing deceptively lightweight. There's some limitations when it comes to access/permissions that might be an issue for enterprise level applications. The way custom fields are handled is absolutely terrible and unwieldy so make sure you "measure twice, cut once" when setting things up.

Wrike, Asana and Shortcut

Jira
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 28/01/2022

Honest Review of Clickup

Click up is a project management system designed to be a one stop shop of task management apps. It offers reminders, calendars, goals, live messaging and tonnes of customization options. clickup is popular with small businesses because of its competitive price point. But it offers options to scale up for enterprise sized companies.

Click up has four pricing options all with an increasing amount of features and customization options. Its free version lets you make unlimited tasks and have an unlimited number of members working on task management a free trial is available for both the unlimited and business pricing options. Each of those options boasts more features including external guests and permissions, unlimited integrations, Custom Fields and Custom exporting. There's also an enterprise option for larger companies that need things like single sign on a dedicated success manager and a full training programme
Clickup comes with a number of features to help you manage projects clickup a bread and butter are its task management features allowing you to easily arrange your tasks in a hierarchy of spaces, folders and lists. Each of these tasks was customizable to best suit the needs of your group and each task can have its own subtasks and checklists nested within click on it goes out of its way to give you all the tools you need to really customise the system for your business. You can build your own automation and triggers to move things along quickly and efficiently.

Pros

•Huge amount of features,apps and intergrations
•24/7 support
•Numerous training videos

Cons

•Steep learning curve for new users
•The live chart feature is a bit lacking

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review!

We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the many features of ClickUp!

We have quite a few options to help you get more familiar with ClickUp if you still need assistance!

ClickUp University is the best way to learn ClickUp fundamentals. It is free, on-demand, and your team can access it 24/7! You can learn more about ClickUp University and sign up here: https://university.clickup.com/!

Please feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at [email protected] to discuss the available resources.

Replied 21/04/2022
Kia

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

best all in one crm

Very easy to learn, lots of help available through the software. Also easy to find tutorials online. Very customizable and beginner friendly for a lot of industries.

Pros

customization features; softwares comes with templates for a quick start or you can start from scratch

Cons

I'm a one person business owner and I would like there to be more automations for the lower priced plans. Mine are usually used up quickly. After they are used, you have to wait until the next month to get more. As a small business owner, thats a headache as I am only one person and need many of my tasks automated daily.

Zoho CRM, Airtable, monday.com, Asana and HubSpot CRM

Cost, Clickup offers better deals

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Cost, ease of use, design aesthetics

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Sarah!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such an amazing review!

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the Automations of ClickUp! We're excited to have you here from Monday.com!

If you find that you are running out of Automations each month, you can purchase extra Automations!

To do this:

1. Click on your profile avatar and choose Billing or Upgrade. Note this is only available to Workspace admins and owners.

2. Choose the automation add-on option that is right for you

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all, and have a great, productive day!

Replied 07/05/2022
Adrian
Adrian

Reviewed on 23/11/2022

You will manage your planning efficently!

Is a very good option. I came to Clickup as a free alternative from another applicative, but its now my first option :) I can run automations, delegate work, assing statuses and get notified! I dont use the chat and updates section, my team preffers Whatsapp instead!

Pros

A HUGE free version of it! You can manage a small company and process on the free version.

Cons

It dosent have a GOOD communication system with your team. Updates and chat + notifications in not a good option. Sometimes i receive some objections from my team using ClickUp: notifications, refreshing problems, some bugs... They offer a discount for NGOs... I think they have to give some free update plan seats.

Todoist, Trello and monday.com

Pricing

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

For the free version and its features!

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Adrian!

Replied 25/11/2022
Netanya
Netanya
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Unlock productivity with a powerful and super easy to use tool

I can describe my experience with ClickUp as superb and worthwhile since it has helped me tons on matters,managing my rotations. This has had a profound impact on my productivity and overall quality of services I deliver to my clients as a vet.

Pros

I have greatly benefitted from the impeccable technical support I get from it's team and the available tutorials that has helped me cruise through ClickUp and maximize on it's use. Rather than that it is an use tool that has helped us manage our rotations, projects and other tasks from planning stages, initialization to completions and every infor on tasks and projects is consolidated on a single dashboard for easy visualization.On a personal level Iam able to break my rotations into small customized task and lay down strategy to help me attend to all farmers under me. This has so far helped me meet my targets and reduced on cost of travelling back and forth.It is open for customization where we add visual widgets for team members, role sprints, time tracks, work status, docs and many more which helps in tracking our progress. Collaborating with team work is of utmost importance since most of our work is in the field, miles away from the office and away from other vets and ClickUp has been a saver on this one. We are able to chat asap, comment and all the notification are in a single whiteboard that we never have to miss any bit of our work. I swear remote working has never been this easy as it is since the adoption of ClickUp in Vetcare Africa. The gantt chart is another feature that I have found useful in my day to day life. It helps me monitor progress of my scheduled rotations as well as report with clarity to my seniors on all the rotation undertaken and resources used

Cons

To be honest there is not even a single I dislike about ClickUp. It has been my all in one tool to manage my tasks and work well with my teammates.

Kimani
Kimani

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

ClickUp - The gem of Massive Individual and Team Productivity

Managing tasks and overdues was quite challenging which would lead to stressful workdays. But with ClickUp the story is different. I enjoy my time at work because ia m able to organize my workstreams and work swiftly with my team to deliver quality results

Pros

ClickUp is a platform that is quite affordable for any business. It's intuitive UI makes it easy to adopt and use in any workspace. ClickUp is an indispensable tool for everyone due to it's comprehensivity. Accessibility in a mobile app is amazing that Iam able to update a task or even have a glance over my work from my phone. Customization allowance with the flexible inbuilt templates that saves me time when making task entries is awesome and create an appealing dashboard . Also I can have an overview over my overdues, tasks in multiple ways. Where I can sort them using the time factors or even filter or group them . Another feature I find majorly important is seamless collaboration between teams working on certain financial reports. We get to know who is working on what, converse through realtime chatting, get notifications updates, can send email directly send any document attachment and assign action items to team members which has greatly improved the productivity of our accounting team . Real time creation and visualization of reports is impeccable and the Gannt Chart feature makes it easy to report each details to our seniors

Cons

I have been able to overcome any issue I have encountered with ClickUp using the loads of information available online and with the help of it's world class technical support team that responsive 24/7

Boryana

Reviewed on 28/12/2023

Decent tool. Works for my multidisciplinary team.

Fairly positive. Overall it is very useful, we have used it to manage our team work, track and report project progress, do planning, etc.
Bear in mind that we are a multidisciplinary work, so we've tried to make it work both for delivery/ tech functions and research and strategy.
The only drawbacks are the small customisations we haven't been able to make (e.g. the weekly view to start on a differerent day) and the syncing time / loading time.

Pros

1. Helps us manage our workload and set the expectations right. It allows us to plan and forecast work: we get to understand the pace at which we move on projects, it allows us to understand what blockers have occured and how long it takes us to deal with them.
2. Allows us to see clearly where we have dependencies (so that no task or person on the team blocks another person to do their tasks). We use it to optimise our sprints.
3. Supports productivity and team collaboration: during the sprint check-ins, we refer to teh burn-down charts to see if we are on track and if anyone needs help.

Cons

1. Syncing takes time. E.g. Once we have planned our month, we input all information in ClickUp and so it happends that a few people make changes in parallel and we refresh and give time for the changes to appear.
2. Some of the views don't load propearly occasionally. E.g. In the Workload view, the users with their workload for the week disappear and we cannot see our workload. Refreshing the view helps, but can be annoying.
3. We haven't found a way to track time for personal projects and not have them appear in the reporting. E.g. I want to time tracked for volunteering, which is separate from our work and my time utilisation at work, but this doesn't seem to be possible. All time tracked goes to utilisation. The same way we need to track time for time off. It would be good if this gets implemented.
4. There is a weekly view, however it would be better for us to get a view not starting on Monday, but on the first day of our sprint (in our case Wednesday).