About NueMD

NueMD offers a suite of cloud-based software and medical billing services for practices of all sizes. NueMD is an integrated practice management, medical billing, electronic health recording and appointment scheduling solution. ...

Browse NueMD Reviews

Alicia E. Alicia E.

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Ease of NueMD

I am a non college graduate that has no issues using this product. It is very easy to understand and effortless to use. i would recommend this to any office.

Pros

NueMD is made for ease of use. I feel the color coding for different types of transactions makes it easier to visually determine what action may be needed next. Such as; insurance updates, payments received, or is the patient ready to be scheduled.
I also feel the speed buttons make it faster to negotiate around the patient file; such as: am i updating insurance info, or do i need to add an a service to what was received, or do i need to add a memo.

Cons

They only thing i find for this product that i don't like about this product is in the financials. If you see a patient many times over the years the financial page can get very long. If there was a feature that once the ticket is closed it can be downsized or fan or cascade close. Giving you the option to review later or skip over intirely.

Mindy A. Mindy A.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

2.5 years EMR use, longer for appointment modules

Pros

The support staff is always pleasant. The appointment modules are intuitive, and allow a for separation of modules -- for us mental health versus clinic versus training room) as well as allowing configuration for overnight night patients.

Cons

We are a 24/7 facility, and with only designated individuals authorized to interact with support staff, a problem at 10 PM Friday night stays a problem until the next week. We used to be able to call anytime, but they changed that. The staff has been notified that the time and date change over to the following day at 8PM EST in some modules (though not in others), requiring manual entry in the text box. That has still not been addressed in a couple of upgrades. Also, medications do not show up everywhere, with one entry, and if fact sometimes disappear. Entire entries have been known to disappear, sometimes while you are still entering information. Vital signs have no means of manual entry for the times. This means if you could not enter them at the appropriate time (say due to power outage, server down time, etc.), all entries end up having the date and time stamp when you caught them up. It would be nice to be able to diagram injuries.

Response from Shanyce

Mindy- Thank you for posting your review! I have passed on your concerns and suggestions to our Product team, and I will be in touch with you once they have an update available for you. Thanks again for writing this review, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Replied 13/01/2015
Kim P. Kim P.

Reviewed on 26/02/2015

Love this practice management software. Going on 5+ years

Pros

The ease of use makes this software perfect. It meets all of our billing/reporting needs for a five-provider medical practice. The support from NueMD has been awesome. They offer an online chat support feature, which eliminates so many "phone tag" and voicemail frustrations. The ongoing support in the EDI department for keeping the cashflow going is outstanding. I have had no problem training the staff, including my providers.

Cons

I really do not have any true complaints about the product or vendor. I do have some wishes, such that are probably practice specific for reporting or functionality things that would pertain to this practice. For instances, I would love more options for content and set up on monthly statements. But overall, I feel the product is excellent.

Top NueMD Alternatives

Misty C. Misty C.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

THEY DON'T CARE

Pros

I love the user friendly function of the system. The billing portion ins great to use. The tickets are easy to get out. I really dont have anything else to add

Cons

The customer service is horrible. I've called and emailed many times with no response. When I first started using Nuemed they were amazing and actually cared about helping a new client. I guess because I'm a small business owner and only have four provider with them, I'm no longer a priority. When my contracts are up I will find another company.

Response from NueMD

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, Misty. I'd like to sincerely apologize for our unresponsiveness. Due to technical difficulties on behalf of Capterra's website, we were not able to view to this review sooner. We would greatly appreciate an opportunity to resolve this. Please reach out to me directly at [email protected]

Replied 07/08/2017
Tiffanie B. Tiffanie B.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Very User Friendly

Every time an update takes place we get better and better features! I love that you always have the most current version and it's super easy to use. It is a great product and I've billed on several different billing software's. It is by far my favorite to use!

Pros

It's ease of use. It's very easy to use and not super complicated. Bills don't get lost in the system or work ques.

Cons

I would like to see more features added with mass updates to claims. When I'm turning a patient to collections I'd like to be able to move an entire patient with one click rather than each date individually. Also when changing a patient's claims back to insurance after they were turned to patient, it would be nice to mass update the entire account rather than status each claim.

Arjan K. Arjan K.

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

Terrible customer service, overpriced for small practices

At first, I was skeptical because they require $500 per month to use their software, but I couldn't find any other solutions, so I went with them. They were helpful and lots of people reaching out to me to get set up, which was helpful. My first billing specialist just dropped off the planet, and I had to reach out, after about 3 weeks of not hearing from her, to the company to find out what was happening with my account. If I hadn't, I'm sure my small practice would have been forgotten. They then set me up with another specialist and we had a great repoire, which lasted about a year and half. Then I find out that another company bought NMD back in the fall of 2019, which no one told me about, and again, things were falling through the cracks. The general phone number no longer worked, my specialist would take days to get back with me, and I was spending hours every week following up on bills and finding out what was going on.....all still while I was paying $500 a month. Found out my billing specialist was moved to another area and I was the one who had to reach out to get help. I finally saw the writing on the wall in January and immediately cancelled my contract. They require a 90 days notice to end the contract, which I thought, after I'd communicated several times that I was really unhappy with their service, that we'd finalize all work and end my payments to them by February. I just saw that I have another $500 bill in my credit card statement for March.

Pros

Nothing. It was difficult to use. Adding new DX codes required communication with a billing specialist. I had to dig deep to find old accounts and whether they were paid or not

Cons

Software was fine, but really difficult to use, as I'm a doctor and not an IT person. I had to call everytime I needed help with something

Julie N. Julie N.

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

This software is very user friendly

Fast and easy to use.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is that it is easy to use, anyone can learn it quickly which saves me time on training employees. I also really like the support staff, you can call or do live chat.

Cons

The least I like about the software is that all my clients do not use it. I do work on other systems for some other clients and this one is by far the best.

Daanish Q. Daanish Q.

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Responsive support

Pros

The support team is responsive, and will spend the time with you. You have to be vigilant and persistent, but they will not turn you away, and have a vested interest in problem solving. In our experience with other vendors, sales will get you going, but then disappear. NueMD has a robust support system (and the sales staff still responds to you after you sign up).

Cons

Can get caught up in a loop of being sent to different departments. Usually though, if you let the person you are talking about know your frustration, they will take steps to help resolve your issue. And some people are GREAT about taking ownership of client problems.

Robert C. Robert C.

Reviewed on 14/02/2017

NueMD Great for the small practice

NueMD is easy to use. Its has an a great deal of resources for big and small practices. Its customer service is fast, friendly and extremely knowledgeable.

Pros

Great resources available for the small practice. A lot of automated features that enables a small practice to keep up with the fast paced ever changing health industry.

Roger U. Roger U.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017

Need NueMD Changes

The ease is nice but I need more features for the claims; such as a preview before they get sent off and get denied for some small reason.

Pros

The submission of the claims in real time helps a lot!!

Cons

Simple changes to the UB04 form for corrected claims takes too long to finish up and then send out.

Response from Jennifer

Hello, Roger. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I would love a chance to speak with you about this further. Please email me at [email protected] and we can arrange a call. I look forward to speaking with you!

Replied 13/04/2017
Tina L. Tina L.

Reviewed on 17/08/2016

My NueMD Reveiw

I'm Very Happy using NueMD, very user friendly and customer service is always there to help, when ever there is any issue customer service is always there to help

Pros

everything, can't go wrong with NueMD

Cons

there is really nothing I do not like about this software

Response from NueMD

Thanks for sharing, Tina! We're happy to have you as a customer.

Replied 08/09/2016
Arnold R. Arnold R.

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Met my needs.

Pros

Simplicity.
Ability to customize.
Most functions are intuitive and easy to learn.
Screens are clean and easy to navigate.

Cons

Occasional freezes requiring computer restart.
Runs on Java; need to reset each time there is a Java update.
Live training is a waste of time and money.
Advertised pricing is for new clients only; expect significant jump with renewal.

Dan M. Dan M.

Reviewed on 16/11/2015

Good Product, Easy to Access and Use

Pros

The cloud based application and data storage makes accessing our client data easy and eliminates the need for us to have servers to store data on. There are reports that can be used to drive business decisions and follow up on administrative processes.

Cons

There are a few pieces of data that I wish were more accessible via reports. We're able to search to get the data but having a report would enable us to export the data and split a project among our admin staff. Using a search to find the data makes it a little more difficult.

Helen F. Helen F.

Reviewed on 12/01/2015

Comprehensive with great customer support

Pros

The software is very comprehensive covering scheduling to billing to reports. As the primary provider in my practice, I have never done any online billing, so it wasn't the easiest program to learn. However, I find the more I use it the more proficient I become, and hence, the more features of the program I can enjoy using. Customer service is especially helpful whenever I get stuck. They are able to utilize remote access of my computer to actually show me how to operate a particular feature, which I find is the easiest way to learn.

Cons

As I stated above, for someone without a billing background, it takes a good amount of time to learn and easily use all of the features of NueMD's program.

Natalya P. Natalya P.

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

100% correct claims

Pros

Software is user friendly. Building claims are easy , software checks for billing mistakes and scrubs claim before you submit them to insurance carriers.

Robert C. Robert C.

2.5
Reviewed on 16/05/2016

Good at first...

Pros

The NueMD software is usually good although we have run into glitches and errors that interrupt getting work done. It is easy to learn and understand. I really liked the platform and would have stayed if they didn't have such terrible customer service.

Cons

The customer service is atrocious. They were very accommodating in the sales phase but as soon as we were in contract, everything changed. We have to constantly follow up on any request or question and it takes weeks to hear a response. We requested that one of our facilities not be renewed as we were no longer billing for that facility. Not only was the contract automatically renewed, we were made to feel as though it was our fault for not having a short term contract that was never presented to us (we provided multiple emails showing we did not want to renew the contract). We received snide emails from their client services department (with no name attached) trying to justify their sly underhanded business practices. I would definitely NOT recommend NueMD to anyone solely for the terrible customer service and sneaky practices.

Ruth M. Ruth M.

Reviewed on 08/07/2015

NueMD software

Pros

We love the fact that we can directly post our payments to our patients accounts through NueMD's batch system.

Cons

There is not much that we do not like about this product. If we had one thing to say it would be that we would like to see a more comprehensive development in the reporting module of the product

Christi A. Christi A.

Reviewed on 08/01/2015

I'm very impressed with this software and the people who represent it!

Pros

There are several things that really stand out to make this a great product, such as its user-friendliness, the fast and thorough reports, and the training representative, who exceeded our expectations with training and customer service. I like that I can call and get a customer service representative on the phone - in person with very little wait time. The Billing/Financial feature stands out amongst its competitors with clean tracking and submitting claims and reports.

Cons

I would like the capability to fax straight from the EHR and the capability to turn encounters into letters. Uploading EHR files from an outside vendor takes entirely too long. We've been been waiting for over six weeks for the file transition.

Lacee J. Lacee J.

Reviewed on 31/07/2014

NueMD - FMO

We have a lot of claims that have been rejected and timely filing this year that we have never received any notification on needing to send information or to even let us know what is going on. I have to constantly stay on top of claims from over a year ago that I still have yet to get answers on why the insurance has not paid them yet. We have a new girl working on our stuff again and she has been actually responding to my emails and all my questions quickly. If this keeps up our Doctor will be happy again. If not I'm not so sure how our contract together will continue and for how much longer. NueMD is a great easy site and seems fairly easy to stay on top of things. Most of our claims it takes two months to get paid on or for that to get posted to someone's account. A lot of times if something doesn't get paid, someone just completely writes it off without consulting with our office first. We also have a lot of trouble with backtracking on our policy; ex: well child check injections are not to be charged for Medicaid, this was explained in the early stages yet still a year later no one seems to know you aren't suppose to file those charges! Customer Service these past few months has been awful; however, we are hopeful that it will change. I feel as if we are left in the dark and when we question something that has been done, we are punished for it or we get the "so and so" will call you back / email you this week, and then we get NOTHING for months. It's frustrating and hard to explain to patients why all of a sudden they have a $30-$120 bill from something in 2013 when were in the beginning of August!

Response from NueMD

Hi Lacee,

Thank you for posting your review. I'm sorry you are experiencing issues, but it sounds like things are getting better. I have asked one of our representatives to contact you so we can ensure you're taken care of quickly.

Replied 01/08/2014
Melody L. Melody L.

Reviewed on 07/10/2016

NueMD

I took over managing and billing for a departing employee. With only the book to guide me, I got thru NueMD without too many blunders! It is intuitive. There are things I think they could change, but I always see they are working on items. In addition to live support, there are plenty of videos to watch.

Pros

Layout is very nice, easy to follow thru. Many steps will fill in for you, and you can customize.

Cons

I enter charge tickets a day or two behind, it would be really nice if it kept the date in place so I would not have to remember to keep changing it! Reports take a long time to generate.

Joseph L. Joseph L.

Reviewed on 31/08/2015

NueMD review of software application

Pros

The software is fairly robust for our needs both for medical and counseling services. The product has more capabilities than we have used to date but we are growing into it in our Wellness Center! The vendor has been helpful in the setup phase and learning phase and is available for consultation quickly in our day to day work.

Cons

I don't think their manuals are clearly written but the staff is available for questions and directions.

Penny R. Penny R.

Reviewed on 07/12/2016

NueMD Best So Far!

I have been in the medical world for 20 years. I have used many different computer programs in this time. This program does not have as many bells and whistles as many programs but do we really use all of that. When I started looking to make a change I wanted very easy and self explanatory, NueMd is that product. I can train someone how to use this program in 20 minutes. Now I hope they don't start adding bells and whistles so my training time is short.

Pros

The ease of adding, looking up and changing things.

Cons

There are a couple of things on the billing page I would change but not much.

Jenifer R. Jenifer R.

Reviewed on 01/04/2015

Really liked the software

Pros

Very easy to learn. I found it to be very practical for use at a front desk. Once you had it down, it was very simple. I loved how you could generate reports easily and effectively.

Cons

I liked the software. I can't think of what I didn't like.

Erin C. Erin C.

Reviewed on 05/08/2016

Practice Administrator

Pros

The response time from the customer service team. I also like the ease of the billing management system from the time the ticket is started to completion.

Cons

The training, the book and videos don't always match the instructions or feedback that we receive from the customer service.

Response from JH

Thanks for your feedback, Erin. I’m delighted to hear about your positive experience with customer service and I’ll be sure to share your thoughts with our Media team about the training materials. Thanks for choosing NueMD!

Replied 08/09/2016
Christine E. Christine E.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

Great software - great support!

Thank you NueMD for providing awesome billing software that is helping me to grow my business!!

Pros

This is a very easy system to learn , use ,and navigate around. We use it for our billing company and our doctors are able to sign in and check the status of their accounts at any time. It saves time for everyone! It also is great that there is a support link that you can instantly chat with them if there are any questions or issues.

Cons

to create specialized reports is a little confusing, but the support staff is awesome and always there to help!