About Allscripts Practice Management

Allscripts® Practice Management is a comprehensive revenue cycle management solution for physician practices of all sizes and specialties, including those associated with health systems as provider-based practices. It boosts...

Browse Allscripts Practice Management Reviews

Zoe M. Zoe M.

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

Allscripts is absolutely the worst EMR that I have worked with

Absolutely horrible, and impedes patient care.

Pros

It does not auto populate information for exams that I haven't done such as a cranial nerve exam. But, then again, it doesn't really auto populate anything.

Cons

I have used a number of EMR's. Epic, Cerner, Sunrise, EMA, Office Ally. I frequently use many of these due to working at different hospitals.
This EMR was not friendly to use when I started to use it, approximately 1.5 years ago. A recent upgrade to the '184' version has made use absolutely atrocious. I am a surgeon. I yesterday did a case and it took over 30 minutes to sign a consent - this is AFTER talking to the patient and relates ONLY to getting the computer to cooperate. Instead of being able to sign the consent when I talk to the patient, I must talk to the patient, the patient and nurse must sign it in person / on the computer, it must be then sent to my computer inbox, then I must go find a computer that allows privileges for me to log on as not all of the computers seem to allow my profile to be loaded correctly, and THEN the consent must load correctly. The patient had to sign the consent FOUR times for it to load correctly, delaying the case by 30 minutes.
While we have Dragon, I am unable to directly dictate into the system and must do time consuming copy and paste.
The system seems to be designed around the computer: maximizing the number of clicks that must be performed in order to perform a simple task.
I am now also unable to enter any orders from off site. While I can to log in securely log in, the system has been 'upgraded' such that there is NO option for a screen resolution that will allow me to see the complete order button. This EMR belongs in 1995.

Amy H. Amy H.

Reviewed on 21/06/2017

Please use another product

The support I have received on technical issues is by far the worst I have ever experienced. Our issues are possibly stretched out over days to weeks. I submit our cases for support and most of the time I do not hear anything back that someone is looking at our case for days - sometimes I hear back the next day. We ask for guidance on server refreshes and they send us an out of date manual if we hear back. I have expressed our deep concerns when we experience down times due to lack of direction from the vendor. We had a down test environment for over 4 weeks and we had to reach out to another contact to get the issues resolved. I begged for documentation on what the fix was, and I have never heard back. We need to perform another refresh and are guaranteed to run into the same issues again. This is unacceptable as a company to offer this level of support to a paying customer.
The company also only connects to your environment through SecureLink, a gateway that is usually non conforming to any sized organization's IT Security policies and preferences. They will not work with you on this issue either. I have not had a good experience with this company at the last 2 organizations I have worked that used Allscripts. This is my single point of contention in my job duties.

Pros

The product offers an ease of use for our end users.

Cons

Everything.
The customer support is horrendous.
The company's connectivity.

Jaime D. Jaime D.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Allscripts PM review

Pros

The one thing I liked about Allscripts PM was the the speed. I could go right in and get to where I needed to be. If I needed to unlock someones account or change someone's password, it was quick and easy.

Cons

I hate how outdated it is. We are in a world where we are spoiled with technology, but Allscripts PM still looks like is stuck on Windows 98.

Top Allscripts Practice Management Alternatives

Rick H. Rick H.

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Questionable business practices, go a different direction!

Overall, we have been with this company over 18 years and look forward to making a change soon. Company does not feel reputable. They lock you into maintenance contracts and require you to pay for items that have been taken out of service. We simply do not recommend this company.

Pros

Software has decent reporting capabilities. Scheduling module is flexible and can be set up in any number of ways.

Cons

Service is slow and horrible. Reports, while easy to run, frequently do not reconcile because of not setting various parameters that the average use has no clue about. Billing errors on their invoices that take months to resolve and require large amounts of time from management to "prove" the errors.

Teresa M. Teresa M.

Reviewed on 17/04/2017

Unable to Fix Problems in a timely manner.

Not happy with the Allscripts System. Have been with company 16 years, started with Tiger then Allscripts Myway, now Allscripts Pro. Unable to get problems resolved in a timely manner. Problems understanding the customer service, overall language barrow. Ask when to call in (Have you check the Allscripts Port for the answer first before call customer service) We are a busy 4 physicians office and don't have time to search for the answer to our problems) We need an answer so we can continue on with our daily duties.

Pros

Displays nicely, user friendly for the most part, easy to navigate, Doctors like having the dragon.

Cons

Problems with e-Prescribe, allowing the physician to free text diagnosis, doesn't show social security numbers (which would be very helpful for the referral clerks), If correction needs to be made in PM the corrections do not cross over to EHR, so you have to go in and do an addendum

Andrea H. Andrea H.

Reviewed on 13/08/2017

Lots of setup

Pros

There are a lot of features and it comes with several reports right out of the "box". Also appreciate the ease of integration with 3rd party software.

Cons

This EHR seems way to have a much too intensive setup/customization process and too many templates. Very time consuming data entry.

Sonia K. Sonia K.

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

Good software for home health agencies

Overall, a good product.

Pros

Easy to use; users point and click; can see previous assessments used by previous users; can save and return to complete.

Cons

The system updates pretty often. They are usually scheduled, but users are unable access during a period of time which is inconvenient; sometimes crashes.

Christine W. Christine W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 07/07/2016

Hospice Administrator

Pros

the product has been around for quite awhile and when used as it was meant to be used, it works well. Need additional education on reports etc.

Cons

how long it takes to receive an answer back; not always timely. We did have an on-site visit and did ask some questions regarding the template for IDT and have not received the requested information. This meeting at least three months ago.

Diane L. Diane L.

Reviewed on 14/04/2016

Good product, support somewhat weak

Pros

The product is very robust. There are many good features with the product. It is a stable product. We've not experienced any major issues or problems when upgrading to newer versions. Product is fairly user friendly.

Cons

At this time I would have to say it is support. Not all of the support is lacking, it depends on the module in which you are needing support. Support seems to be broken down by teams. One of the teams seems to be weaker than the rest. I currently have a support call that has been open since November. I've tried several different avenues of getting this problem resolved but still have not had success. There seems to be no easy way to get to management to report these issues either. I think perhaps it may be growing pains. I've worked with Allscripts since 2007. It didn't used to be this way. It seems as though since their phone system has become more automated and support has expanded to include staff outside of the country the quality is lacking.

Autumn B. Autumn B.

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

Usable, but difficult to learn

Pros

Easy to access within many different EMR systems, secure with multiple steps to ensure no one but the doctor is prescribing, quick sending to pharmacy.

Cons

Somewhat unreliable, can occasionally not send scripts when ordered but this does not happen often. Takes a bit of training to get used to.

Gordana L. Gordana L.

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

Allscripts and customer service

Allscripts does not care about their clients, quality of service or patients. All they care is their vallet. Very sad.

Pros

After 10 years of using Allscripts EHR I don't think that I see any pros
Their sales representatives are very quick to send you a proposal for contract

Cons

Very poor customer service, Patient portal is difficult to use: we have received multiple complains from patients. Allscripts charges and overcharges everything; they blackmale customers with long contracts with no services delivered on their behalf. Their sale department is unethical.

Latasha C. Latasha C.

Reviewed on 17/09/2018

Allscripts EMR is a helpful and very knowledgeable system.

Pros

What I like most about this product is the many different reports you can run to have check and balance for accuracy

Cons

The learning process of different short cuts you figure out on your own when using the system. Things that weren’t included in the training module

Ann D. Ann D.
1.5

Reviewed on 15/06/2016

Review of Allscripts Homecare EHR

Pros

The acquisition of the homecare component should bring Allscripts out of the hole and fill the gaps.

Cons

The sales Rep is obnoxious and has complete lack of follow up.

Kathy P. Kathy P.

Reviewed on 15/08/2016

Business Manager

Pros

That it interfaces to our very outdated practice management system and I feel its very user friendly

Cons

There should be more customization for specialties

Will B. Will B.

Reviewed on 06/07/2016

Full service, Full price

Pros

It is very powerful, customizable, and complete. It has all the bells and whistles.

Cons

Extremely expensive, at times big and cumbersome. Cost of ownership is crazy high.

Rebecca D. Rebecca D.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017

Unhappy with Allscripts

It is a nightmare. "Allscripts is not user-friendly, updates that allow for monitoring of data gouge us (but are a requirement of future reimbursement) and support is slow to respond to problems. When we notify them a common response is "it is a known problem". That is not at all reassuring.

Pros

E-prescribing

Cons

Everything else

Leeann L. Leeann L.

Reviewed on 26/05/2016

Not too shabby

Pros

It does a pretty good job keeping all pertinent information within a few clicks of a mouse.

Cons

It can be time consuming to set up all your favorite lists in the system.

Samantha M. Samantha M.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

Allscripts is user friendly and a great centralized program to save patient documents

Pros

Allscripts makes the referral process a whole lot easier. It betters the communication between the doctors in the back to the support staff upfront

Cons

I wish it didn't glitch or freeze as often as it does. Once it freezes I have to sign out and sign back in to continue what I was doing.

Richard A. Richard A.

Reviewed on 09/08/2012

My four member internal medicine group has been on Allscripts EHR since October 2011. We love the system and have completed meaningful use. However, anyone considering this system should be aware that the support system is abysmal. My guess is that most of Allscripts resources have gone into the sales and implementation of the product and not enough resources into the tech support. We are having technical issues with various parts of the system "going down" for days to weeks at a time and have been unable to have a timely resolution of our problems. If you are considering this system, I would suggest that you look into this area.

Scott G. Scott G.

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Can’t get out of contract - like a medical Computing Roach Motel

Uncooperative.

Pros

I liked Nothing about this experience. Nothing.

Cons

Slow service -do I upgraded - sent email fax snail mail- they won’t stop billing and claim my one office has 2 accounts- I never set up a second. I haven’t used in years but they keep billing. Y

Charlene A. Charlene A.

Reviewed on 01/03/2015

Review of Allscripts

Pros

It's user-friendly. I have been using it for almost 10 years and find it easy to use and learn when updates come through.

Cons

I really don't have any problem with the product and vendor for Allscripts.

Greg P. Greg P.

Reviewed on 27/02/2015

EMR review

Pros

Best customer support currently available for the industry.

Cons

There isn't anything that I do not like about this product and vendor.

Laura E. Laura E.
1.5

Reviewed on 25/02/2015

My Take of Allscripts

Pros

Inclusive of all medical records and correspondence.

Cons

Very non-user friendly. Upgrades result in more issues.

Liz T. Liz T.

Reviewed on 07/01/2015

Liz, Nurse for In Home Care

Pros

There's nothing I like about Allscripts.

Cons

It's super slow, glitchy, and not even close to user-friendly.

Tiffany B. Tiffany B.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Allscripts EHR is good to use!

Pros

It is a great product to use at any medical facility. Its easy to teach others how to utilize this program and its efficient!

Cons

I do not have any cons or complaints on this product. It works great for my staff and I, Thank you!!