Cloudflare Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Cloudflare

Cloudflare is a cloud-based web performance and security tool, which helps firms in the public and private sectors with protection and speed acceleration of websites applications and other internet services against hackers. Desi...

4.7

Browse Cloudflare Reviews

Zack
Zack
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

Great AIO solution to secure all your web resources

When I came to the company, no one was engaged in the organization of security for web resources. Almost immediately I chose Cloudflare, set up this service, and since then I follow the analytics and turn on new features. We are satisfied with everything and we plan to stay further with Cloudflare.

Pros

I like the fact that the service is constantly being improved and adds new features, which allows you to abandon other services and use everything to ensure security in one place. Most of all I want to allocate 2 features - it is a CDN and protection against DDOS. It works just great.

Cons

Some settings are not in the obvious places for them, you have to google and read the documentation to reach them.

Reasons for Switching to Cloudflare

It's all-in-one solution to organize comprehensive security for your company

Reviewed on 20/01/2022

Great platform to optimize website security and speed.

With hacking and phishing scams becoming a major issue around the world, you can secure your website with very little effort and cost. If you have a webhost which lacks security, signing up with Cloudlfare for free is a no-brainer.

Pros

Getting a website working with Cloudflare is as simple as changing your website's nameservers and selecting what level of security you'd like. Complete site transition can be done in less than an hour.

The free plan is truly 100% free with no expiration.

Cons

Sometimes the firewall can be inconsistent/too aggressive when it comes to filtering traffic. Occasionally we get a user who said they were unable to access our website.

Another separate but small con is that while you can transfer your domain names to Cloudflare at a near-wholesale cost, you cannot register new domains directly.

Fastly

Reasons for Switching to Cloudflare

We never ended up trying Fastly because Cloudflare offered everything we needed at no cost.
Jack
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 13/06/2024

Slick and Reliable

Pros

What I liked most about Cloudflare is its robust security features, especially the DDoS protection and SSL/TLS encryption, which significantly enhanced my website's security. The global CDN improved load times, and the intuitive dashboard with detailed analytics made management straightforward.

Cons

What I liked least about Cloudflare is the occasional complexity in configuring advanced features. While the basic setup is straightforward, some advanced settings can be confusing and require a steep learning curve. Additionally, customer support response times can sometimes be slow, which can be frustrating when dealing with urgent issues.

Top Cloudflare Alternatives

Neustar UltraDNS

AWS CloudFormation

Karambir
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

Cloudflare...has lost its luster

Cloudflare has evolved from a simple tool to guarantee 24/7 availability and quick response time. When I compared it to QUIC.cloud and LiteSpeed, I found it did not perform as well.

Pros

Cloudflare provides a number of features that are important/essential for small business websites (DNS management, caching, SSL, etc.)

Cons

Overly complex and increasingly expensive without achieving optimal performance and 24/7 guarantees.

Onur
Onur

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Cloudflare Review

My overall experience with Cloudflare is very good. Cloudflare really helps us on exposing and securing our applications.

Pros

We are using Cloudflare as loadbalancer and CDN provider. The services that Cloudflare providing is very stable and secure.

Cons

The live customer support process can be enhanced. When the production system is impaired, we need someone to talk to immediately.

Michaël

Reviewed on 28/06/2024

Cloudflare review

Pros

Efficient and one of the best services on the world

Cons

Can be hard to setup. For example Cloudflared. Can also be quickly dependant of Cloudflare

Bill
  • Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 02/06/2024

Cloudflare all over the world. Best network utility

Pros

Tight and very well secured internet browsing.

Cons

With these features, cost is higher but I mean, who would'nt pay more for web security?

Brenden

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Best in class web application firewall, but expensive

Pros

It has all features necessary to easily set up a Web Application Firewall. Custom rules can be implemented to tweak cybersecurity controls for your app specifically.

Cons

Cloudflare is pretty expensive and hard to get implemented for smaller companies.

Marie Joy
Marie Joy

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

This is simply the best!

Overall, Cloudflare is a very helpful tool to use. I have never considered searching for an alternative for ages because Cloudflare never disappoints!

Pros

I like that it offers pretty good services for FREE. And how much more with the premium plans? The setup is so easy and the onboarding process is fast and pretty simple.

Cons

Their customer support is not very fast in responding to clients, but I think they are working to fix this one now.

Sayma
Sayma
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 17/06/2024

Used for Website

Overall it does the job well, especially working with squarepace.

Pros

I used Cloudflare for the Domain name service and for analytics. The Domain name service was quite easy to use, I linked it to Squarespace which was easy enough - becuse there's a tutorial on it on both Cloudflare and Squarespace.

Cons

There was quite a lot on one page, I had to skim read everything and it took some time to get the hang of it.

Christopher
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 25/11/2023

Cloudflare is

We have used Cloudflare for our company and personal websites for over four years without many issues. They have great features and if you are not tech savvy with the installation of SSL Certs or setting up rules this product can help you a lot. Their support can be a bit hit and miss but you usually get a response within 24 hours. We have seen some of the biggest and best brands in the world use Cloudflare and it’s really good how much you get for the price.

Pros

Our company uses Cloudflare for all of our websites. Cloudflare acts as a CDN, a firewall and also a performance layer for websites as well as protecting our websites from attacks. They respond to our needs quickly and it's relatively insexpensive

Cons

The customer support could be a bit better.

Marc
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 08/06/2023

Great Domain Hoster, DNS manager and CDN

Good documentation to get everything setup as you need it.

Pros

I love the website speed improvement using a CDN. A lot of the features are free. That is pretty amazing.

Cons

Some of the features are pretty expensive.

Nathan

Reviewed on 07/08/2023

Good for all companies sizes!

Really good! Free tier is unbelievable good!

Pros

Their free plan is unbelievable good, I didn’t need to pay for anything for almost 2 years and I just paid some features because was extra but all the essential is free

Cons

Nameservers need to be moved to Cloudflare

Nadish
Nadish

Reviewed on 05/03/2022

One of the best website security and CDN service

Well it's along story, I found CloudFlare while I was searching for Free CDN service for website. I was analyzing one of my website through GTMetrix and found one recommendation to use CDN. I knew that CDN is a costly service, atleast at costly as my monthly hosting service, so I searched for Free CDN service and luckily found CloudFlare.

I explored it on my own and slowly and gradually I got total command on CloudFlare. Now I integrate each of my website's website with CloudFlare in order to hide the nameservers + adding security and preventing from DDoS attacks hence enhancing loading speed and overall performance of my website.

Pros

Who doesn't love to have something as wonderful as CloudFlare for FREE? To be honest, I'm using CloudFlare since more than 3 years now and still using the free version because it covers all my CDN and website security needs. :)

The other thing that I cannot ignore or even miss is the Free SSL by cloudflare for 15 years, isn't it amazing? :) I know that there're other free SSL services available on internet also, but I totally trust on CloudFlare so I always use free SSL by CloudFlare. It's really easy to install and has multiple options for the encryption like flexible, full and full restrict.

And at last but not least, how can I forget or ignore the Speed Optimization features of CloudFlare :) The auto minify feature for JavaScript, CSS and HTML can be switched on or off independently so that you can never break your website. And the options like Brotli, Optimized Delivery and Rocket Loader is like cherry on top of the cake. :)

Cons

Well, nothing. I'm truly satisfied with the results, so there's nothing that I can say that I like least about CloudFlare.

Pedro
Pedro

Reviewed on 23/08/2021

great resource for website security

I actually use the tool on my websites, and since I set it up on my domains, I haven't had any problems with proxies or firewalls or anything like that.

Mus sites are working perfectly and all with SSL up to date and secure.

And until today I haven't had to pay for a plan, however...
it's something I'm thinking about doing out of reciprocity and to increase my resources.

The fast acting ability of cloudflare is very good. Quality of this tool in providing great usability features for me has made me feel secure in relation to my sites.

Pros

I've seen fast tools in my life, but cloudflare is to be congratulated, after I changed the old DNS of my sites to Cloudflare, I didn't have any more problems with my sites crashing, they were always down.

I receive constant messages to improve my sites, in case of attacks I can activate an extra java script security against hackers and other network invaders.

And the sites were much faster to access.

I don't pay anything to use the tool and I still have exclusive resources to analyze my domains.

Like for example analyzing the size of the traffic I am developing.

Cons

I have no cons to mention here, just an addendum, about support, if you need help, you will only have questions already asked by other people and answered by cloudflare.

However, if you really need to talk to an expert, it is no longer possible with a free plan.

At least I never did. But that's no reason to attack the company and tool, it's more than useful to be able to use it for free.

So, for the rest I have nothing to complain about the tool. It's amazing.

muhammad

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Great for CDN but some hicups

Its an inexpensive CDN and free SSL in our experience for small website. If you have larger sites and busy traffics, you have to upgrade to paid options in cloudflare or it wont work for you.

Pros

Free tier is enough for most users' usage. Free SSL's and Free CDN. Not much option is available in the market for services they offer at no cost.

Cons

We found it unstable alot of times, If you are using the SSL, site will display errors more frequently. We were using 2 major clients with lots of traffic and we started to experience more downtimes and cache issues, changes you make wont appear instantly for for many hours based on users locations and you have to manually purge it from cloudflare interface.

Ever since switched back the nameservers from Cloudflare back to orignal, most of the issues are gone.

Microsoft Azure , Fastly and AWS Lambda

Reasons for Choosing Cloudflare

Pricing and also no more issues

Pricing and free tier
Chamaru
Chamaru
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

I wonder why every web dev don't use Cloudflare!

I'm extremely happy and I can't stress everyone enough to use Cloudflare. They are making web more faster for everyone and the best part about it is that most of the users would totally satisfy with their free services.

Pros

The onboarding process was so easy, without any downtime to the website. Also after setting up for the first time, we saw 2 times performance increase just because we set it up. And later on, we were able to optimize our website further with the technologies they provided. Recently I found the worth of Cloudflare again when I was attacked by a targeted DDoS attack from multiple locations. First of all, I was not aware that It was a DDoS attack and when I realized it is a DDoS attack, I just had to turn a toggle on to minimize it. I just hadn't tightened my security enough to handle DDoS attacks in their settings. The recent beta program for Email Routing looks so promising for my users because they can use email routing completely free.

Cons

I would say nothing because they offer so much for their free plan even. if you need more granular control you just have to select a plan with more features.

Hannah
Hannah
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 09/01/2020

The best tool for web page security

Thanks to Cloudflare we have excellent security on the web pages, it works great and it is very easy to use it, the interface is excellent and easy to understand, totally happy with the results offered by this tool. and I would recommend to other people who use this service, since I use it there is excellent security and I can say that it is the best platform of this style and type that is why it is so successful and people use it.

Pros

It is a security tool for all the web pages that we manage, it offers excellent security and it offers free SSL certificate which is important so that each website visitor feels security and tranquility, also helps against DDOS attacks in an impressive way and is One of its strengths for which Cloudflare is known, its way of configuring is easy and the interface is simple and easy to handle. In addition to this it also has very good free options that all users can use.

Cons

I really have no complaints or I see significant problems, There are more solutions and utilities that Cloudflare gives than the problems that may arise in certain situations, if there is something to mention and that is when changing a configuration; these changes may take time to make, but basically it does not represent major problems since it is a safe and reliable tool that we can trust and ensure our safety.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Highly recommended firewall / CDN for all web sites, plus there is a great Free tier as well!

Overall experience with Cloudflare was really positive and given it does have a free tier and offers quite a few diverse features around security & performance, I recommend this software to all customers.

Pros

Cloudflare does a lot of different things for a web site, two of the biggest benefits is security and performance (often two things that don't always go together). Security - Cloudflare can be used to hide your actually site IP address which helps deter attackers, as well as the packet inspection that Cloudflare does and discards some attacks on your site. You can also reach for an 'Attack Mode' button which adds a Javascript verification prior to loading your site which will deter all bot attacks on your site.
In terms of performance, Cloudflare is a large CDN provider with PoP's (Point of Presence) across the globe, so having content cached around the world seriously helps with site speed.
Plus, Cloudflare has a really great free tier plan as well!

Cons

There is quite a lot of options in the interface, so can take a bit to get around and get familiar with. Also forcing SSL can easily get your website into a redirect loop, but with patience and a bit of Googling you'll get to the right settings.

Reviewed on 31/05/2020

The web goes through Cloudflare

Cloudflare allows me to have one general dashboard for most of my DNS usage, has relevant security and performance improvements and I can turn on/off individual features as I please. it's a very good and reliable central hub where to handle all of that work, which would be annoying without. I've been using it.. forever it feels like, and I'm happy with it.

Pros

The free opportunity is so robust that most of the websites I have go through Cloudflare FREE plan, even if just to handle DNS. It works perfectly and then you can scale up individual websites as you need to.

Cons

There really isn't much not to like, everything works as it should. If there's anything I could say something about their rocket loader not playing nice with many web platforms, so it can't really be used much. But that's it.

Ryan

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

A Free Plan Offering Premium Features

The main reason we first started using CloudFlare within our business was to upgrade all of our sites to SSL effortlessly, in preparation for the new Google HTTPS stricter rules. CloudFlare served this function perfectly, saving us money on advanced SSL certificates as well as time on installing these certificates manually. Since then, we have explored the other features of CloudFlare and impressed has been an understatement. As stated earlier, the benefits of CloudFlare are simply astonishing for a free product.

Pros

The free plan on CloudFlare is simply unbelievable value. For the low cost of nothing, you gain a world class CDN system which offers enterprise level security that rivals many premium, high cost solutions. The variety of features is astonishing too, with free SSL certificates, caching services and advanced analytics included also with the free plan.

Cons

It's hard to fault CloudFlare, but if I were to criticise something it would be that many of the caching features cause severe breakage to a site. For example, whenever I enable the Rocket Loader my WordPress sites are always broken in some form. However, beggars can't be choosers and these issues can simply be averted by not enabling this feature.

Boris

Reviewed on 14/03/2021

Amazing CDN and great protection for your website

We use Cloudflare for caching and CDN primarily, but are also very happy with its DDoS attack protection. All the customers we introduce to Cloudflare are absolutely amazed by how much it improves their website and how well it behaves once behind CDN and solid caching, just by using the free version. Most of them switch to the paid version later on.

Pros

Everything in Cloudflare is amazing and useful for all the websites I make. If I had to pick and choose I would be hard pressed to choose between the CDN and caching. Both work wonders in improving your website speed, which Google rewards with better positioning, and customers reward with longer retention. The best part - basic features are free to use!

Cons

Some of the options are not available in the free version and those options are pricey. Other than that, I have nothing I don't like about Cloudflare. Using the free version is enough for basic protection and caching and that works like a charm.

Christopher
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

My review of Cloudflare.

My overall experience is I found Cloudflare great for what my company has to do.

Pros

Cloudflare DDoS protection is one of my favorites since it works in unison with other clouds' WAF and bot control services to defend our resources from all types of intrusions, keeping us safe all the time. The CDN increases website performance, especially on mobile devices, and its WAF capabilities enable us to block locations where we have no clients or company branches. It's easy to set up and operate, and its expanded security and speed optimization capabilities make it a great CDN for any site we create.

Cons

Its commercial plans are costly, although it does offer a free package with limited capacity that is unsuitable for large organizations. I'm not happy with their customer service because they never respond soon enough to help us with problems.

Kelsey
Kelsey
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Cloudflare Solved our Small Business Client DNS Issues

We were basically dealing with a nightmare of managing DNS for hundreds of website clients. We ran into a couple of situations where we were having to call up like a hundred people, ask them to find the GoDaddy account they set up however many years ago, and walk them through setting up DNS. These are small business owners and feel frustrated by Facebook, so you can imagine what a DNS dashboard looks like to them. Anyway, through the magic of Cloudflare we are able to now manage all of these accounts on one dashboard and offer SSL certification to our clients. Win win.

Pros

First of all, free SSL Certs can't be beat. We set up simple business websites for our clients, and making them secure easily and cheaply is great for their online marketing and our street cred.

But the best part of using Cloudflare is that we don't have to spend hours poking around in various DNS management platforms and asking non-tech-savvy clients for GoDaddy passwords (shhhh). We just give them NS values and take on all their current settings (including email yay). Don't forget to add their site to Cloudflare before they switch the name servers over though. And if you're ever confused, ALWAYS ASK A REAL DEVELOPER!

Cons

Their email notifications can be a bit overkill. Also, there's a small learning curve on using the dashboard and if you do it wrong, big problems can arise.

FYI, I'm not a full on developer, but I do manage DNS for our small website product hosted on Heroku.

O. Kelvin
O. Kelvin
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Top Service For SSL

Makes installing SSL certificate for my websites easy.

Pros

These days websites with no SSL certificate installed scare users.

Google Chrome displays the scary message "website not secure" to users immediately they land on your website, this is a big red flag.

As a website owner, you can't ignore SSL certificate for your website, and Cloudflare helps you with that.

At a time, I was struggling with installing an SSL certificate for my blog, almost paid huge amount to someone who promised to save my blog, I had to pause for a moment, went online for solution and cloudflare saved the day.

There are videos on YouTube that can show you how to use it.

It's just a matter of changing your name servers to the that of Cloudflare.

Cons

None, but it was hard at first, but now I even use it for my clients.