monday.com Reviews

Visit Website

About monday.com

monday.com is an award-winning work and project management platform that helps teams of all sizes plan, prioritize, manage, and execute their work more effectively. The platform offers solutions for a wide range of use-cases...

Browse monday.com Reviews

4,642 of 4,642 reviews
Ghislain
Ghislain
  • Industry: Industrial Automation
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

I miss Monday, it is a must have tool

A shame that I had to let it go... as the new CRM was supposed to do everything Monday was doing...

I will be back Monday!

Pros

Ease of use and easy initial setup

Sandbox solution

Cons

Mondays sales team relies on local integrator which in our case are good in the construction business but less for a manufacturing sales tea

Kanban Tool
Irene

Reviewed on 04/01/2024

Not Intuitive

For our design agency we needed to have elaborate task descriptions that included paragraphs of text, pasted images and document attachments.

Monday made that impossible because they only give you a small space for writing out the task description and then to view it within the tiny table using the tiny little scroll bar was incredibly difficult.

Our clients had a harder time navigating it compared to our previous tool (Teamwork) as well. That is why we eventually went back to it.

Pros

I like the modern design with the color coding and table style.

Cons

There was no room to write long task descriptions

Josh
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

Vanilla project management software. There’s better out there.

Ok, but very expensive for the cost. Airtable is less pretty but much better and cheaper

Pros

Easy interface. I like the email integration, alerts and drag and drop interface.

Cons

Personally I found it useless for any sort of intermediate automations, it’s also impossible to link tables / projects together into any sort of way where you can have summary views that are useful with 2 way reactive tables. Ie. If you want to feed tables into one - that’s fine - but try to action anything from the summary table with any sort of conditions and it falls apart.

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

It’s looked great initially but the lack of advanced features implementable without heavily customised code or expensive 3rd party addons made it fairly useless to me. I want to project manage, not learn to code.

Top monday.com Alternatives

Maxwell Kwadwo
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 15/12/2023

Monday.com redefined and streamlined our organizational task management.

Monday.com is an excellent management tool that redefines the modern business operations of organizations. It has helped us remove all bottlenecks associated with task output by our staff and now we are achieving over 90% routine task completion

Pros

Monday.com's rule-based task automation and its modern UI which makes it easy to customize the dashboard interface, convinced us to choose it.

Cons

Although we have received a non-profit discount that gives us 10 free licenses, adding more team members to it seems to be pricy.

Trello

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

The high subscription cost made us switch from Asana to Monday.com. Monday.com offered us a non-profit discount with 10 free licenses.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

We weighed the two based on their available features and how they could support our project needs. Monday.com stood tall with all the features that we needed.
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 06/01/2024

Monday is a glorified Excel

Overall, I can work win Monday.com. But, it has to be a lot better and user friendly., The import feature need to import card data not only the card titles from the Trello.

Pros

Monday has a lot of app integrations much like Trello. However, integrations are not as easy as Trello. I like that I can add files to the updates and has a preview option built right into the Monday. Saves a lot of time going to different places to show progress while in a department call.

Cons

It does not look put together tightly as Trello. I like the overall visuals of Trello boards. Items do not have much capabilities like Trello too. It does not have a separate attachment section into the items cards.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 02/02/2024

The Best Organizational Tool

Pros

Monday.com takes organization struggles away and allows for clear communication and project management in the creative team. Our team can easily view the urgency, project timeline, etc. This allows for others to help when projects get backed up and also allows outside team members to see the backlog.

Cons

Took some time to get myself setup. Once I organized how we needed, it works great.

Davide
Davide
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

A quiet good software for project management

Pros

I tried Monday for a while. The software is good but i decide to prefer Asana, that is quiet simpler for me. About Monday I liked very much the UX.

Cons

It's was a little bit difficoult for me to set up all the functions.

ClickUp and Asana
cid
cid
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

One-stop shop tool

Pros

The menus and tools were intuitively designed, making them effortless to navigate and locate. This tool's simplicity doesn't compromise its versatility; it's easily customizable to suit individual preferences for enhanced functionality. Adding leads

Cons

One con I'd highlight based on my experience is the learning curve. Once you've mastered the tool and its functions, work becomes significantly easier. However, during the learning phase, there's a notable learning curve to navigate

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Great Platform for Multiple Departments to Connect

Pros

The amount of ability to use Monday.com for all content and creative content

Cons

A lot of options to choose from that needs to be little more mainstream

Sandeep
Sandeep

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

Easy & flexible tool for project Management

Pros

Easy & flexible tool for project management

Cons

Nothing as of now, UI is a bit bad and old-shaped

Jeff
Jeff

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

Best Project Mgmt Software I've Ever Used

I've been using Monday.com for a few years (at the time of this review) for a number of personal projects, more importantly in my career to manage tickets and many different kinds of projects for my IT Department and for software and hardware implementations.

Pros

Monday.com is absolutely amazing! It's extremely intuitive and simple to get up and get using! The different ways that you can setup your Project Boards make it extremely flexible and powerful. I've used other Project Management Software programs, and there isn't anything out there that compares. There are a lot of options for add-on's as well, and more are added monthly. Their how-to videos and great online documentation/help make it simple to get the most from Monday.com. Being able to set the combination of statuses and priorities help you stay focused and the collaboration functionality of the software is also intuitive and powerful. This makes completing projects both fun and productive!

Cons

The software is expensive...particularly compared to competing projects, but don't let this scare you away. Once you get through the free trial period, it will be apparent that it's worth the extra money to use something that's so simple yet powerful and flexible.

Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday.com is much more intuitive, much more visual, flexible, and has a far deeper feature set and better overall integration options.

Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com is simply more visual in the way it manages projects, more flexible in it's setup, and has far more features that the competing products.
Melanie

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

It's more robust than what I use it for, but does what I need!

Monday has helped me reign in processes around one project area in our organization and I've found it to be easy and friendly to use.

Pros

Intuitive mostly, easy to get up to speed, easy for my team to learn. Allows me to customize what I need and came with prebuilt options that helped with a quick start.

Monday's customer support team is absolutely STELLAR! They've always been incredibly helpful and friendly and their documentation is more up to date than many other SaaS products I've worked with. The sales team was also wonderful when I was starting up. The level of support they've offered was a lot of the reason I chose Monday!

Cons

The only real con for me is the reporting mechanisms, but also, if it was really important I could build my own using the API, so that's a minor flaw. I just wish that I could archive things but still report on those.

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

More organizational features, and company shifting away from Trello as a whole.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Friendlier software and sales and support staff. More intuitive setup. Pricing made more sense for my use.
Ricardo
Ricardo
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 05/03/2022

Monday.com Review

I use it on a day to day basis mainly for project management and it works extremely well. The automation and integration aspects make it an easy to use system that the team enjoys working with.

Pros

It is extremely easy to use and does all the project planning and management grunt work for you. It can also integrate with quite a few systems to automate processes like creating a ticket system for your IT that makes IT more engaging with the end user.

Cons

The biggest draw back is how you get to allocate users. You have to add in increments of 5 which leads to paying for users that you don't use. There are also some nice features that can only be accesses with a PRO license which is a bit pricey.

LiquidPlanner and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

We needed something easier to use

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

It was friendlier to the end user and easier to use
Dora

Reviewed on 17/05/2022

Easy Project Management

Monday.com keeps my team organized. It took minimal time to set up and keeps us on track. Two thumbs up!

Pros

My team loves Monday.com as it keeps us on the same page with projects and tasks, and helps us present our overall marketing calendar. We use it on a daily basis and it helps me keep my team of 8 organized and efficient.

Cons

I wish the different boards were integrated a little easier so I could have one board for sales, one for marketing, and then one for my overall calendar I could share with my management team. I'd like to be able to see things from a high level and then be able to drill down but unfortunately, that is not offered.

Basecamp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Jira is more of a technical project management tool. I needed something that my creators could use with ease.

Jira

Ease of use and price.
Shayla
Shayla
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

Multiple boards can be created by various groups

Work orders that have been completed and those that are still in progress can be saved in the system. Council members are able to read updates without having to get regular email updates. Keeping tabs on my immediate team's daily workload and expected workload. Anyone who is suffering and needs more support or time, or who is short on work, may be easily identified.

Pros

It's the most user-friendly tracking tool available. Especially when teams are spread out across the globe, updates are almost always instantaneous. works on both Chrome and iOS. The views are simple to grasp and adjust to your own method of working. It's a breeze to get up and running, and it only takes a few minutes to learn and collaborate with your team.

Cons

The timeline feature, one of the nicest features, is not available in the free edition. Some of the integrations are a tad constrained. If you don't handle your email notifications, you'll be flooded.

Lauren
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

Good Tracking System

At first it was a great tool to play around with to figure out the best way to track our event and who was working on what portion. The quick look at the colors to see the progress was great. There was a place to put notes and mention people in posts to let them know there are tasks waiting for them. However, the customization was not the best. If you added one column to a section, it added it in for all sections. I did not have the time to take a deep dive but maybe if we got a higher package we would have more functions to organize. It was encouraging/discouraging to see the progress of the event and held people to be accountable for their portion. However, having to update this daily as we got closer to our event got too laborious to do. In concept, it's a good tool, but was not the right fit for my company and I.

Pros

That I was able to see what my co-workers were working on and their progress with the task. They used easy-to-view color-coded options.

Cons

You are able to clearly see the progress of your co-workers, however, it is hard to make updates or edits to the task. There is an area to make notes, however, it is not in the front for people to see right away. You need to click in to the whole task. Also, when you make a column for one section it creates it for all. Some columns are not necessary for each section and can be confusing when updating.

Amit

Reviewed on 03/12/2022

Best tool for project management needs

It is easy to navigate, and the interface is straightforward and visually appealing. I have never experienced any issues with the platform, and customer service has always been responsive and helpful. Overall, I am very pleased with my experience with monday.com and would recommend it to others.

Pros

I use Monday.com for the last two years and it has been a valuable piece of my Project management and Operations processes. I have used many online tools over the years, but none of them compare to the productivity and efficiency of Monday.com. It is easy to use and it keeps me organized. It really helps me manage my projects and tasks. I also like the reporting feature because it helps me determine which projects I'm working on are the most profitable and which ones I should prioritize over the others. This tool is great for small businesses and enterprises alike.

Cons

One potential difficulty with Monday.com is the initial setup of your boards and automation. If you are not familiar with the tool.

Teamwork.com, BasicOps, ClickUp and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

There are a few reasons why I chose monday.com over the alternatives.First, monday.com is extremely user-friendly and easy to use.Second, monday.com offers a lot of features and customization options. And third, monday.com has great customer support.Overall, I think monday.com is the best option for project management.
Grace
Grace

Reviewed on 27/07/2023

Effective organizational help for groups of any size

Our teams can now function autonomously by monitoring their own KPIs, learning at their own pace, and planning for their own future projects with the help of Monday.

Pros

Documentation, team training, and even long-term account management are just some of the many uses for Monday. Keeping data for several teams/divisions distinct and easily accessible is a breeze. It's remarkable how much this software can accomplish.

Cons

Almost nothing. Columns can only record so much information in a given table. Given Monday's lack of Call/Text/Email functionality, I wouldn't use it in place of a dedicated CRM for making and receiving calls, but it would be useful as an adjunct to one.

Saskia
Saskia
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Make monday.com your first stop of the week!

As opposed to relying on Google Drive, which may get cluttered and difficult to navigate in search of certain files, we can now keep track of everything in one central location thanks to Monday.com. There was no way to record progress on a project, what had been done, work in progress, notes on strategy, etc. The most crucial information is tracked via a bespoke CRM board, a project management board, an administrative employee board, and a meeting board.

Pros

The ability to have everything be kept in its own folder while still being easily accessible is one of Monday's best features. Among my favorite features are the ability to tag colleagues, initiate status updates, set priorities, connect to external applications, and design custom documents and templates. The inclusion of a search box is really helpful for locating content more quickly. This is fantastic since it can be used for everything from individual task management to group task allocation and project management to customer relationship management. We can get everything we need in one convenient location.

Cons

So many options exist, and I haven't even scratched the surface! A brief tutorial or "onboarding" process before we start using the software would be very appreciated.

Miguel

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Best platform for managing people and the tasks they are assigned.

We have used Monday.com to give our remote workers a "homebase" for projects, tasks, client specific communication, creative editing, and overall deliverable manangement.

Pros

The best feature Monday offers us is the ability to monitor progress on projects that require more than one team member.

Cons

There isn't enough templates built out for Social Media management and there isn't integrations that matter in the Social Media management industry.

Airtable and Notion

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Google sheets offered no customizability or user specific input.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday.com seemed have more scalability in the way of systems and project management.
Rukmini

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

Monday is the backbone of our project management efforts

I'm very happy and impressed with the value Monday has produced for me and my company. We mainly use it to manage our projects but since we first bought it, we've been expanding its use to different areas like managing forms and documents. It's definitely one of the tools that have produced the most value for us and our operations

Pros

The best thing about Monday is by far the sheer extent of the product. Thanks to that, we've been able to use a single tool to manage our projects, tasks, forms, workflows, docs, and more. Some of the modules are far from perfect, but we've definitely benefitted from being able to manage all those things without using 6-7 different softwares

Cons

We run into bugs here and there, which doesn't affect our work that much but it would still be nice to be able to use the product more smoothly

Miro, Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

MS Projects was clunky and lacked a lot of the features that Monday does. We made the switch because we weren't happy with MS and Monday looked much more advanced

Project Server
Kimberly
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Managing Projects for business

Easy to set up and use. User friendly, ability to create multiple boards and invite guests as need basis

Pros

Ability to create different boards and tag multiple users

Cons

So many features, we are probably not using them all to its full capacity.
Would like an easy way to get staff to use it more

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday seamed to integrate best with our office and offered featured we needed in terms of prioritizing tasks etc. it was easy to set up

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Owner and I needed to find something that was user friendly and easy to set up
  • Industry: Fishery

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

Fantastic Project Management Solution For Our Small Business

Monday's been a wonderful addition to our toolstack. We use it mainly for monitoring our tasks, but we're also using it pretty actively for forms and email marketing as well. It's a beautifully-designed product that small businesses can easily benefit from as well. It's also got good uptime and rarely causes issues that we have to find fixes for. I'm very happy with the benefits Monday's brought to our business. You can't go wrong with it for managing your projects and tasks, as well as a number of other things.

Pros

1. Monday's usage limits are high enugh for us to get the maximum benefit from it without having to go over our budget.

2. It's great to have so many different modules for all kinds of different things aside from PM, like forms, ideation, emails, etc.

3. The interface looks great and it's very easy to pick up even if you have no background in tools like this. We were able to pretty much pick it up and start using it confidently within a week or two.

Cons

Nothing in particular sticks out too much. We weren't able to natively connect it to all of our tools, and there's the minor bug here and there, but we're pretty happy with it overall.

Jira and Trello

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Google Sheets is also pretty good for smaller operations, but we decided to move to a full-fledged project management software to boost our expansion process.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Trello looked way too simplistic for what we wanted, and Jira was very expensive for the scale that we were looking to use it, so we decided to go with Monday as it ticked all of our boxes without costing too much.
Jonathan
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Monday.Com Keeps Track of our Progress

My company uses Monday.com to keep track of many different projects we have going at one time - we are an events company, so we have hundreds of events in a year that each have individual processes that need to be accounted for. Monday.com has been helpful in having a broad scope of where we are at with each project. We are still ironing out the kinks to figure out what our workflow will be with this, but it is a pleasant platform to use - very aesthetically pleasing and easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Pros

I love how you can make a board with automations so that it helps you organize. For instance, I can set a project I'm working on from "pending" to "complete" in one box, and automate it so that once I hit "complete", it moves that project to the "complete" section in a different part of the board. I also love that you can integrate it with different platforms like AirTable and Slack, which is super helpful. Overall, it does a really good job of helping you have a grand overview of where you are at with a project, and helps my team see what projects have been completed and where we still have more work to do. I also know there's a lot of great other features that I haven't learned yet that could be useful to us once we get the hang of this platform.

Cons

It's a bit complex to learn, which is frustrating at first. There's a lot of formula coding and lingo Monday.com uses that you have to learn for it to make sense. I found that having a specialist help you code your page to your liking was pretty helpful. There's also some places where we set something up but there are scenarios in which this set up might get undermined by one action that would seem logical but would throw off the board. I do wish that the program helped walk you through the process of getting your workflow set up, but I'm sure that's being worked out since they are a relatively new platform.

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

"Monday.com is an incredibly flexible and customizable project management solution

Improved team communication and collaboration: Monday.com enables real-time communication and collaboration, which can help team members coordinate and work together more effectively.More accurate tracking of tasks and projects: The platform allows users to track tasks and projects in real time, which can help improve visibility and transparency of work processes.Automation of repetitive tasks: Monday.com offers automation features that can help streamline work processes and reduce errors.Customisation to meet specific needs: The platform allows full customisation of tables, views and workflows, enabling users to create specific workflows tailored to their needs.Overall, using Monday.com can help companies improve operational efficiency, communication and team collaboration, and reduce errors and inefficiencies.

Pros

Flexibility and customisation: Users noted that Monday.com allows for easy customisation of tables and views to suit specific team and project needs. They also appreciated the flexibility of the tool to quickly create and modify tasks and tables.Real-time collaboration: Monday.com's real-time collaboration features allow team members to work together efficiently, share ideas and collaborate in real time, even if they are in different locations.Intuitive user interface: Users have found Monday.com's user interface to be very user-friendly and easy to use, allowing for quick learning and easy adoption by the entire team.Comprehensive project management: Users also noted that Monday.com offers a comprehensive project management solution, with features to manage projects, tasks, deadlines, budgets and resources.

Cons

the pricing of the tool, the difficulty of tracking time and expenses, the limited aspect of the mobile application. However, it is important to note that these elements may vary according to the needs and preferences of each user. Despite this, it is recommended that you test the software to see if it is suitable for your business needs