DrChrono Reviews

About DrChrono

DrChrono’s iPad and iPhone compatible EHR and medical billing platform allows medical practices and healthcare providers to manage patient intake, patient care, clinical charting, billing and revenue cycle management. It includes...

3.7
3.9
3.7

Browse DrChrono Reviews

Mike
Mike

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Love the program. I had all my charts shredded--15 years worth.

chart elimination, eas of use, efficiency

Pros

Now I have all patient data in my small ipad. DrChrono is an efficient and easy program to use. NAd they have very good customer support. Just imagine eliminating all your paper charts!!

Cons

I have to pay for it. LOL. I have no negative comments to make about this great program.

Karolyn

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

DrChrono Software Review

Positive.

Pros

The ease of use, the numerous videos that provided tutorials, the excellent support and customer service provided by DrChrono's team.

Cons

Have yet to build in telemedicine portal, for example doxy.me, into their platform. That's the only missing piece.

Response from DrChrono

We are glad to hear that you enjoy our platform Karolyn!

Replied 24/01/2020
Richard
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 17/04/2024

BEWARE! BEWARE! BEWARE!

DrChrono is the most morally corrupt company that I have every worked with! These people do not care about you or your business. They do care about taking every penny they possibly can from you. In my opinion, these are that absolute worst kind of people on the planet! They are everything that is wrong with the world. If I could give them a negative 1 million, I would. Let me save you a lot of time, money and frustration by learning from my experience and go with a different company! Run, don't walk away from DRchrono and don't be fooled by a nice sounding person on the other end of the line. These people are TERRIBLE!

Pros

The company itself is such a disaster to work with that it would matter if these guys could cure cancer, I still wouldn't work with them. They are the bottom of the barrel of humanity. Utterly disgusting people.

Cons

The company itself. The staff, the managers and most likely all the way to the top. I dont know how they sleep at night. Every employee ought to be ashamed to work for such a dishonest company!

Top DrChrono Alternatives

Patricia

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Customer Service and Ease of Use is Unmatched

The billing service is very good and efficient. They have made collections much easier

Pros

The ease of use of the program. It makes sense

Cons

There were no cons that I have experienced

Tebra

Reasons for Choosing DrChrono

Their billing and customer service was very poor

Reasons for Switching to DrChrono

Liked their product secretions and services to make my life smoother and less
Joseline

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

Dr. Chrono has been my favorite EMR of all time

LOVED the EMR
Absolutely can not financially sustain the money we are loosing to billing not able to collect. However, if I had any say in this I would simply figure out a different billing system - and make this work but it's just not up to me.
Please feel free to contact me if you ever need a sales person for South Texas/San Antonio area at [sensitive content hidden]; cell phone in US is [sensitive content hidden].

Pros

I absolutely love charting, creating shortcuts for patient education, sending prescriptions and reviewing my patient's medical history.

Cons

Medical billing has to go. We are not making any money at all using this system because the billers just are not understanding the health insurance companies pay out their medical claims. And so until the billers are located here in the US with prior experience in collecting claims from our insurance companies - Dr. Chrono will not be sustainable.

Response from DrChrono

Hi Joseline, thank you so much for your review! We are so glad to hear you've had a positive experience. We are happy to chat with you about your billing experience to help create more efficiency as well. Please let us know how we can help!

Replied 19/04/2024
Shahla

Reviewed on 03/04/2024

Slow speed and poor Customer service

Very Unpleasant. There are no consequences of their flaws even though we have bear financial cost of their system slowing down in the middle of a very busy day.

Pros

I really liked DC when I first got it in 2018. For the past 2 years, it has become a nightmare. My only problem is that I have no many notes and medical records that I can’t change EHR easily otherwise I would do it today. Highly unreliable and too expensive for poor quality.

Cons

Their abrupt slow speed in the middle of a busy day when our whole medical business comes to a stand still. It has caused us thousands of dollars loss as providers were unable to see patients but we still had to pay them for their time.

Response from DrChrono

Hi Shahla,
We appreciate you writing in and understand your frustration with the downtime we have recently experienced. We sincerely apologize for the impact this has had on your practice. Our team has been working diligently to mitigate these issues and has a solution in place. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions - we appreciate your business!

Replied 19/04/2024
Abbey

Reviewed on 08/08/2018

overall worth it

We have been using drchrono for over 5 years, we have recently added the billing feature and it is working out great. We love it.

Pros

The software is user friendly and definitely laid out and user friendly like an apple user would expect. The final document is polished around the edges like a mac user would expect. Clean, crisp and user friendly.

Cons

If you do have a problem or a question that requires customer support there is no phone number to call and get immediate help. You have to submit a ticket and wait for them to get back to you. The turn around is usually 24 hours, and if you are not available when they call they leave a number to call them back on. The number then becomes inactive after about 1 month, So you cant keep the number and call in later with a new question.

Kourosh
Kourosh

Reviewed on 01/04/2022

Bad Product, Bad Support, Bad Outcome

Horrible. My practice is in shambles as a result of this company's misrepresentations. Yet even knowing this the 45 minute talk I had with their director of sales did not include any apologies or remorse for their tactics. It was one of the infallibles shrugging off any responsibility as he looked proudly down upon the sheep. "It's your ex wife not your new one" he said!

Pros

Bells and Whistles looked good and promising for tele health visits and specific customization. Again, a beautiful building set on a faulty foundation.

Cons

In their fervor to make a sale they tell you that you are perfectly fine importing data from your last EMR and ready to go on day 1. After the sale they tell you that they can not predict how the upload will go and you may not have some of your data. In our case, we did not have any of the data! Imagine manually re-entering the data from the last 20 years. Run! Run! Run!

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Easy to use and staff is very friendly. :)

Gaining great clients and having the honor to work with such a friendly team. This software makes not only my life easier but everyone else's and I just cant help to spread the word.

Pros

Easy navigation, excellent customer service! The team is always finding ways to make keep customers happy while providing excellent customer service. Also, problem solving skills are A +++. Following up on matters are also handled in a timely manner as well. I can definitely say they are on top of things. I always reefer new clients or practices to them as I know they hae a great reputation and awesome people skills.

Cons

No Cons here. But there is always room for improvement. If i can say one thing regarding improving I can say perhaps follow up speeds? Even though they are awesome at following up already. Every time I called to reach out or they followed up first I can definitely picture the friendly person i'm talking to has a huge smile on their face which is not really a con but I wanted to just throw that out there . :)

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

DrChrono Software

Overall, it has greatly improved the way I run my practice and I don't even use all of the options.

Pros

The billing software is easy to use and has made in house billing much easier. Once you have your macros and templates setup they are very user friendly on iPad.

Cons

There are some slow times.
Customer support is not available by phone, but they do get back to you promptly.

Louis

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Buyer Beware!

I find their business practices shady, customer service says they will respond within 24 hours, which usually took 2-3 days. The business side doesn't care about their customer, they just want your money.

Pros

I thought the scheduling was the easiest part of Dr.Chrono, but that doesn't compare to how money-hungry the company is.

Cons

Prospective customers should know that while it is state law that the doctor maintain the records for a certain number of years, that if you decide, like I did, to leave DrChrono, they refuse to give you future access to any of your medical records. Once my subscription expired they locked me out of the entire system. There was no way to look up any record that I had written. When I mentioned this to the account rep that by law we are required to maintain record for a minimum of 7-10 years he said “you just have to sign up for another year, and pay in full, if you want access to your records, otherwise you are locked out of all of it." I find this practice, along with many of the DrChrono business practices, very suspect. They use ’strong-arming’ techniques to get you to sign their contract. Once you have a signed contract they can ‘at-will’ raise your subscription price. As the rep told me “our board of directors want to see more revenue coming in so they have decided the new prices, and they take place immediately.” They promise you iPads and discounts on your subscription in exchange for reviews, testimonials, and referrals. When you give them the aforementioned review—as I did above—and referrals they claim you didn’t give the referral or review (even though you have to provide them the link to the online published review) so that they don’t have to provide the promised iPad or subscription discount.
This company operates on a bait-and-switch policy. Stay away!
Dr. Loui

Jane

Reasons for Switching to DrChrono

I left Dr.Chrono for Jane App and Jane has been a wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Do not use this software product

I purchased this software for my primary care practice, the features seemed to fit very well. After eight months, and $10,000 paid, I have no product. After paying over $5000 to my existing software product to package the data onto a thumb drive, they were never able to extract the data. The TechTeam was clearly inept, inexperienced, and woefully lacking in training, experience, or knowledge.
Countless hours and a small fortune, they were not able to put my data into their system. I contacted my current software vendor, Quest Quanum, and it seems the data extraction problem was unique to Dr. Chrono. They strung me along for several months, while I was paying monthly fees in anticipation of getting a new EHR software, without any real transparency. Now they are demanding all the money for the two-year contract. When I stopped payments and demanded my money back, they told me that they had hired a third-party for data extraction but it would cost me more money.

Pros

Integrated fax, calendar, messaging, all needed functions of the office and the health record combined into one software

Cons

Very poor customer support, and lack of knowledge by support teams

Hamid

Reviewed on 12/05/2019

Spiraling down

I think DrChrono needs to get their act together and address critical issues. To constantly asking customers to add "suggestions" in the "community" page as a deterrence from addressing real problem gets old.

Pros

It is 100% cloud based and ability to use iPAD

Cons

After DrChrono 10 years of service, you'd expect certain abilities to be fully functional.
- Filing claims is a nightmare. Every time we load up the CPT codes, i get ERROR SAVING and then we have to start all over again. We spent the last 6 months asking for resolution, no luck. They say we are the only one who has that problem. It is cloud based, not sure why it would be on end when 4 different computers in 3 different zip codes give the same error. Every claim has to be redone over and over before we get through.
- They don't have any trouble charging the credit card monthly, but we have asked to speak to a manager numerous times, and six month later, we still don't seem to get one to call us back.
- When you batch a claim before SUBMITTING to insurance, the CASH patients are mixed with the insurance ones, making it exhausting to filter through one by one. They don't have the ability to separate the two. Other EHRs we used didn't have that issue.
- They don't have the ability to FLAG you when you do not meet the minimum time requirements on certain modalities. Other EHRs would flag you before you sign off the notes.
- Certain important features available in the Desktop are not in the ipad or iphone, the most basic one of sending a prospective new patient a link to get onboarded.
- A lot of ERRORS when doing real time eligibility checks, we constantly have to reach out and ask them to fix it.
- These are just few of the long list of issues.

Response from DrChrono

Hi Hamid,

Thank you for your feedback. We do appreciate you taking the time to submit software feedback to us, and our engineering team is actively looking into your requests to ensure we can make these changes. However, since our software is cloud-based we are not able to make changes on a global scale without thinking of all users. Your account manager has also had consistent calls with the main provider from 12/2018 to 3/2019 and a call scheduled with you this week which your team was not able to attend. Please let us know when we can get in touch. Regarding your feedback for the iPad vs desktop functionalities, please note that due to various back end reasons there are limitations that each device offers thus there is a discrepancy between the tools. However, since this is a cloud-based software please note that any information entered within the devices will automatically be visible.

Thank you for your detailed feedback and we look forward to speaking with you!

DrChrono Team

Replied 04/06/2019
Lee

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

Scam Artists!

My experience is pretty bad with the 'team' at Dr. Chrono. There is no way to actually get in contact with a 'help desk' or to get assistance with issues when the program fails. You must submit a work order and then hope for a call back. The call back, if it EVER comes, is usually 2-3 days later (after submitting a work order). The only people you can easily access is the sales team who always states they can't help with system function/glitches/assistance with use or function of the program.

Furthermore, you must be careful of the contract you sign! I recently let an associate go, and they are going to continue charging me for the no longer employed physician between $400-500/month with no intent on giving me a credit or stopping the charges until a new associate starts. The contract ends in June-they have been charging me since last October for this other physician-just letting me throw away money so they can earn a profit EVEN AFTER 5 YEARS AS A COMMITTED USER TO THEIR COMPANY!

I URGE ANYONE TO FIND ANOTHER PROGRAM!

Pros

I have been using the program for 5 years. Once I had my templates in place and understood the very quirky way this program builds and imports the note from the multiple page boxes which can be clicked on to create the note, I was able to use the system in a functional way that will create a thorough note which looks legally presentable. However, if you intuitively use the boxes they have set up to create and import information into your note, you will see a great deal of unnecessary information imported into your notes and you will legally be in trouble, as it will include things that you not only did not examine, but that are unnecessary to be in your notes. This makes you seriously susceptible to lawsuits and legal action against you. But if you learn how the system imports information and create all your own templates, and you DO NOT click on their boxes, you will be fine, as the information will be only what you require and what you have deemed necessary in the notes.

Cons

The program glitches and freezes frequently. They are constantly doing maintenance on the program, which creates days of very slow use and function. The program frequently fails to save information you have entered or edited, which can get you in real legal trouble. If you are not paying attention, a great deal of information may be missing from your notes due to these glitches and system failures. Unfortunately, once you are invested in a program, it is a real hassle to switch, as many of us know. So I suffer through these issues, understanding that in 5 years of use, the problems have not improved-they've actually worsened.

Practice Fusion

Reasons for Choosing DrChrono

the previous program was very time consuming

WEBeDoctor

Reasons for Switching to DrChrono

I made a serious mis-judgement!
Amanda

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

DrChrono SCAM! Full Year Contract Charged - Never Able to Use!

-Expensive – full charges also apply while in training
-Software and training are complicated. Takes time to schedule with trainers in India and complete
-Only works with Apple/IOS
-No phone support whatsoever! – email only and it’s not helpful if/when you finally get a response
-Training & Tech support in India (opposite time zones) and takes at least 3 days for reply if you get one

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] presented DrChrono as a great software for our new, small mobile medical business. However, one month into our 12-month contract, that all went out the window. The product NEVER worked for our business as described. We didn’t even get out of the “product training” before we ran into some issues. Admittedly, one issue was on our side, but the rest was on DrChrono. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] did offer a 2-month credit, but when the issues got more serious and we realized we were not able to use DrChrono, it was radio silence from everyone for months. After repeated emails asking for support, we received an email from "[SENSITIVE CONTENT], here at DrChrono" with a bill for the cancellation fee of the full monthly amount for the remainder of the year, plus one of the months they “credited”. DrChrono expects us to pay for a full year of service without ever being able to use their service for a single day!

Cons

They're very expensive, especially when most functions of the software will not work in the field (at least for our mobile biz) and if you want anything to work in the field, you must have the most current and expensive Apple (IOS) products to run the app for each one of your people in the field. For us, that was not attainable and of course these important details were not disclosed to us before we signed a year contract with them. They offered no support by phone and eventually none by email either. Any questions we had, no matter the urgency, could only be submitted by email and it would take at least 3 days for someone in India to email back with a non-applicable/non-helpful answer.

Kofi

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Good but could be a lot better

Pros

1. It has a very elegant and eye pleasing layout which is the main reason I believe I tried this software. Navigating through the system is overall intuitive and generally easy to use.

2. It has a great functionality with the IPAD and that is why it has been awarded the best system on the IPAD. I don't even use my lap top to see patients. I use my iPad and then I supplemented this with my lap top. Most functions that are done on the laptop can be done on the iPad. This includes setting electronic prescription. In fact, some things are better done on the iPad such as reviewing the records and chart.

3. Electronic prescription is easy.

4. The system has a great fax capability with ability to fax almost from any screen and to fax most documents.

5. Dictation: The interface with dragon is decent although could be better compared to other EMR. The M-mode dictation that comes with the program is great. While the recognition is slightly below dragon, the M-mode dictation has the advantage of being portable as it is used with the iPhone are iPad. The downside, however, is that he cannot be used on a laptop. However, I really like the M-mode feature and use this more than dragon.

6. Cloud base which can be accessed from anywhere where there is internet and from most devices. ( It cannot be accessed from none appple Smart devices - Smart phones or tablets).

7. Notes and documents are automatically saved in an external third party cloud base ie BOX. This is actually a very good feature as a backup to have a access to our clinical notes and documents. This is of vital importance in cases where access to drchrono is not possible such as going to another system. The downside to this, however, is that certain parts of the chart (phone messages or email messages for example) are not stored in this third party system

Cons

1. Lack of awareness of what a true legal chart is: As much as I like this system, this is the main reason why I may have to leave and find another system. They are totally clueless as to the difference between what a end-user sees in the software and what the complete chart looks like when requested from an outside source. There is a huge difference and the company do not appreciate this difference. If an outside agency (DEA, medical board or an attorney) ask for the complete medical records, the clinical notes and documents stored at the BOX account can be easily exported. However, communications between you and the patient by phone or email are not stored in the box account and not included in this information. When I have spoken with them about this, they inform me that I could simply print each phone or email encounter. This however is completely ludicrous - as in supposed the patient has 100 phone or email encounters.
For unknown reasons, in refilling the same medications from visit to visit, it simply takes it out of the medication list that is generated in the complete dictated notes. This gets very confusing especially for an outside agency that is reviewing the chart. Its is completely confusing as to what medication the patient is taking at the time of the visit. For example, if I have a patient who is on OxyContin 80 mg twice a day, gets a refill on this medication, it takes it off the medication list in the completed dictated note. This creates mass confusion. The way it appears in the signed completed note, is as if this patient was not on any opioids at all, but then all of sudden, I prescribed them a very high dose of 80 mg OxyContin twice a day. (This would be malpractice). This creates absolute confusion especially if my chart is being reviewed by the medical board or the DEA.
Furthermore, the signed dictated note does not include the number of medications prescribed. So for example in the case of this person who was getting OxyContin 80 mg twice a day, the note does not include that the total count of the prescription given such as #60 or #480. This makes a difference to a DEA offcer who is reviewing the records. Again, when I have discussed this with drchrono, they simply state that review of the medication history in the software can tell this information. However, they do not recognize that the only thing an outside chart reviewer has access to is signed clinical notes and not the complete electronic medical records. Again, this shows that they are clueless about difference of what the software end-user sees and what an outside reviewer has access to.

2. Templates are still in their infancy and generally they are limited compared to other EMRS.

3. Customer service: They responded very quickly to support tickets. Generally, if there is an major system wide issue it get results rather quickly. For other issues, it tends not to be resolved in a timely fashion or not at all.

Response from DrChrono

Hi Dr. Doonquah,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the list of product features that have been working well for you. We are very proud of our award winning cloud-based EHR platform. As for the challenges you’ve mentioned, I would like to clarify some of the points that you may not be familiar with below:

Phone call logs: You do not need to print/download each phone call to log it into your box account. You can print a full record of communication by patient in the patient communication report (under reporting tab). Once this is created you can upload it as a document for it to sync to box or manually include it as an additional document. Your account manager will reach out to show you.

You mentioned DrChrono templates are limited but the flexibility and customization capability of DrChrono EHR is one of our core strengths compared to other EMRs. We’ve heard many compliments from both big and small practices how powerful they are and the type of productivity boost our templates bring to their practice. I see that your practice is not currently utilizing our template capabilities to its full potential and that can be easily resolved by our account manager. If you have an ideal template you would like to have in the system we can absolutely build it out for you! Additionally we have released many new template features such as charting by exception, which allows you to set default settings on the template and you can then chart the exception rather than the rule. I also see you do not have any templates set as persistent. This setting can be applied to any template and makes the information charted persist from one visit to the next. Many providers find this to be helpful especially if they frequently copy/paste the same notes.

Thank you for your feedback on our customer service. We do take all of your feedback very seriously and we want to assure you that we have invested many new resources into our customer service team and plan to make many changes to improve our support. Your account manager is always a good resource for product related questions so you are using DrChrono to its fullest potential. She will reach out to you to schedule a call and answer any questions you may have. She will also provide product demonstration and be able to review how you are using DrChrono EHR.

Regarding the medication refills, please note I have escalated this to our development team. We appreciate your feedback. DrChrono is known for our agility in product enhancement and we are always looking to improve our EHR quickly and frequently unlike other EMRs that take a long time to upgrade their system.

Thank you for your detailed feedback and we look forward to speaking with you!
DrChrono Team

Replied 14/05/2018
Charles

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Hind sight is 2020- Don’t Do It

Highly disappointed in the company.

Pros

Patient reminder system and appointment scheduling.

Cons

Many promises were made prior to going on board and I was highly excited about getting up and going. There was a lot of difficulty reaching technical support for immediate and not so immediate issues. My staff had to spend many man hours to get the proper paper work for billing of Medicare once we found out that they were dragging their feet. We could no longer wait on them getting everything in order. The issue with Medicare still has not been completely resolved to date and Medicare is one of our major carriers. Had we not intervene the present progress would not have been made. There were numerous emails and telephone calls placed only to get the usual response that they were sorry for the inconvenience and would solve the issues. You can believe that there were no problems charging the credit card on a monthly basis. The initial monthly contract agreement increased substantially and the service never came up to par. I am totally disappointment in the company and will not be renewing my contract. Ample time was given to vent my frustrations on the phone and at the end of the conversation I would be told the usual which is that they would resolve the issues. I can honestly say that that Drchrono has caused us a lot of frustration, valuable time and waste of my money. Like others have mentioned Buyer Beware.

Response from DrChrono

Dear Charles,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We take our customer feedback and user experience very seriously. We apologize for the challenges you've been experiencing. Your concern has been escalated to our Customer Success management team and I believe they already tried to get in touch with your practice. We appreciate your patience as we work through your requests. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Best,
The DrChrono Team

Replied 12/08/2019
Jimmy John

Reviewed on 22/06/2016

Excellent EHR when I started my practice

Pros

I was one of the early users of drchrono EHR when I opened my neurology practice back in 2010, when it was the first truly user friendly and mobile platform to take advantage of the iPad and their features when they were recently released, and I knew then that it had a lot of potential. The ease and efficiency of making your own templates and documenting notes, etc. definitely not only made my transition into private practice less stressful but also more fun than I had anticipated. At that time, there were only a few good options, and many, if not all, were way out of the budget of a solo practitioner who was just starting out. Drchrono's staff were always friendly and willing to help every time I would call about issues, and I never had any problem with them. As my practice grew, I saw how the whole team and staff at drchrono also grew over the years, and how the services and products evolved and expanded at such a rapid pace in keeping with advances in technology, and they're always finding ways to help the physician and staff become more efficient. Even though I closed my practice in 2014 as I took on a new job as an employed physician for a hospital, I would not hesitate going back to using drchrono EHR, knowing how easy and intuitive their system is.

Cons

I still wish there is a better way to allow practitioners who no longer are practicing or no longer needing to keep their drchrono EHR account active, to be able to store their records and still have access to them per medicare guidelines; I'm still having difficulty syncing them to my Box account as instructed.

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Very good, support can be faster, down time is a problem, what is better?

Overall, I don't think there is a platform that is a better "value" for your money from BOTH a practice management and charting prospective. If you take the time to set up your system properly, it will work very well for you. Unfortunately, with their fast growth they are having server issues that is slowing the system down at time. This should be resolved and there should be less downtime.

Pros

It is very customization, more than nearly any other option, although there are a few limitations. The clearinghouse is built into the software, which is their best feature. It is easy to use and new providers can be trained in hours (that is correct).

Cons

Billing is not as easily accessible as other areas (a few more clicks than is needed). Logs for lab specimens needs improvement. It needs to be programmed to be used (it is not like an iphone where you are good to go right out of the box). There is downtime that slows or stops practice up to 15 minutes every 3-12 weeks, which is awful. Support is not readily available as it used to be.

Kevin

Reviewed on 14/07/2015

Great improvements over the last few years

I have been a drchrono customer for the last four years (really since the beginning of their time) so this review is my honest opinion of the previous years with drchrono. drchrono has really stepped up their game - I am happy I stayed with them.

I use to wait days before someone would get back to me when I had an issue. I have been blown away that within the last year I haven't had to worry about waiting days to weeks to get answers and I just really realized that as I sent in my last few tickets. The support people were so helpful, I got an answer in less than an hour and they actually addressed my concerns. Such an improvement.

I use to have a lot of downtime with drchrono which made the "efficiency of an EHR" non-existent. I haven't had downtime in I don't know how long which has been great for my practice. I spoke with a few drchrono members who said they were fixing the issue, building out infrastructure (whatever that means) but I am really happy I didn't switch during that time. I can now work throughout the day on my EHR and no longer need to chart my notes at home.

For a period of time I used drchrono with a biller I had on staff. She use to complain that the system was slowing her down because it took a ton of clicks in order to run the report she was looking for or post a payment or whatever. After being assigned an Account Manager I was able to talk with them about this pain point my biller was experiencing; within the next day or so there was a new button added so she didn't have to click around as much as she was having to. She said this has saved her hours every week. I don't think our account would get that service anywhere else.

On another note, my biller had to take a leave of absence because she was having a baby. I didn't know how to follow up on the billing and didn't have anyone else in the office that could help so again I called my Account Manager. She mentioned that drchrono could help me in the meantime or permanently by becoming my biller while she is out. She has been out for two months now and I have to say, the transition was very easy and I am actually making more money since they have stepped up doing the billing services.

As you can see, I am very happy I didn't switch EHR's.

Good luck in your EHR decisions but save yourself the hassle and join drchrono. They listen to you, they are helpful and they are always updating their software (at no additional cost).

Best of luck with your practices.
Dr. Lin

Summit

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Looks good at first glance, then...

I am migrating to Practice Fusion, as the implementation seems similar in most ways, and the cost of this system combined with the extreme difficulty (relatively) in retrieving information is slowing down my practice and therefore revenue. I don't recommend this other than its use as an expensive computer game.

Pros

Functions decently as a data entry EHR. I used this on a mac and iPad and I could document what I needed to after a lot of customization. Being html based, this is really portable and functions well on multiple devices fluidly.

Cons

Retrieving data is hard. For example, a patient calls, and the receptionist needs to look up the patient's history. This takes several types and clicks, and seems so buried into the system that it is an afterthought. When I think of a patient's history, I need it a click away. What I did to them and why they came to me needs to be immediately available. The slow-down due to drchrono is really significant, and led me to terminate my contract after one year of use, despite the pain in the @$$ of migrating systems. Navigating through a patient chart on the iPad is really hard. Navigating to the patient's history to retrieve past notes is even harder than on the computer. The inefficiency in this is really significant. The price is very high for what you get when compared to free options and even cheaper options.

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

DrChrono for EMR

Used this EMR at a Physical Therapy clinic. I was able to create my own template with rationales to support my billing CPT codes and the care I gave. The software is easy to customize, easy to use, and cuts down on my documentation time because there’s no superfluous information or boxes to scroll through like many types of EMR softwares have.

Pros

Customizable templates. Ease to use. Multiple functions and features to use to create a template that cuts down on documentation time while still providing all necessary aspects for solid documentation. Incorporates needs rendering or needs supervising for documentation sign-off. Auto-save feature is awesome!

Cons

Can’t think of any negative comments about the software. However the IT Support is not the most reliable or quick if and when any issues arise.

Richard

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

2+ year using EHR, 1 year using billing services, and 16 years as podiatrist

In my time as a doctor and a business owner, I was switching between programs and billers trying to make my practice successful. I have been dissapointed to say the least in terms of having a program that has been easy for both my staff and me to use. I believe I am going to be a life long user of DrChrono. I had put way too much effort in trying to learn how to use other programs and not enough time in developing the quality of my practice. It has been tough to spend time with my family and deliver the best level of patient care that I can. There are a couple things that I need to say that I'm thankful that DrChrono's team has been able to do to help me.

1st, Documentation. DrChrono was the first program that I've been able to use that has actually been better than my paper documentation in actually being faster. I am extremely grateful that they have been able to give me time back with my patients and family. I've been able to actually be a doctor again and also develop the quality of my services that my practice is also growing. Their team has helped me to the extent that I'm hiring other doctors and move into a larger office here in Chicago.

2nd, My Staff. Some of the programs that I've used have been tough for my staff to actually used the full capacity of. I really believe that their appointment and billing profiles have helped my staff in managing all of their tasks. Bringing in the new doctors has also been great because they've been able to intuitively learn the program.

3rd, Billing. It took me a while to realize that the way I was doing my billing wasn't bringing in the cashflow that I needed. When I moved over my billing services to DrChrono, I was finally able to hire another Podiatrist and not worry about him getting the paperwork right since they don't teach EMRs and billing in school well enough to prepare them for our world. After around 6 months DrChrono had started to raise my collections by around 15% and I barely have any outstanding bills from the payers outside of 60 days. Before I had around 40% of my claims beyond 120 days outstanding. I was collecting enough for myself and my practice, but not enough to start growing and hiring.

I highly recommend all of DrChrono's services to any doctor.

Youssef

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

User friendly but major technical problems

Stay away from this EHR and any EHR with yearly contract. You won't be able to see the hidden problems until you try it for few months. Good EHRs usually don't have any major problems to hide and won't try to trick you into a long term contract.

Pros

User friendly (few clicks)
Customization (especially notes)

Cons

- Eligibility verification wasn't working for the whole year, I had to use a stand-alone software.
- Signing notes was almost impossible, it always gave me an error for ~10 min until it decides to let me sign and lock it, a lot of time wasted trying to sign notes.
- Messaging patients through the portal was very difficult to follow, if you decide to reply you won't be able to see any message thread so you never know what was discussed prior.
- Poor customer service, they never fix anything. They have a list of excuses.

Response from DrChrono

Hi,

We sincerely apologize for any issues that you experienced while you were a DrChrono customer. We continue to prioritize our technical growth and while much has improved, we welcome any feedback to ensure we stay focused on tje user experience.

Thank you!

Replied 03/12/2019
Michelle

Reviewed on 11/05/2022

It started out great

I would never ever use them again.

Pros

In 2012 this was a great product with amazing customer service and a great value for the money.

Cons

As the company grew, customer service decreased and quality with it.
iPad only was reliable
Lost data on the online version

Epic and Practice Fusion

Reasons for Switching to DrChrono

It seemed like a good idea