ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

4.7

4.7
Visit Website

About ESET Endpoint Security

ESET Endpoint Security software is a cloud-based and on-premises application for internet security and malware protection. It has a global user base that comprises businesses of every size. Cloud sandbox technology enables users...

Browse ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

1,145 of 1,145 reviews

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Removes infections others do not.

Have found ESET support to be responsive and knowledage. We have met the UK head of sales a few times at various events and it has always been a pleasure.

Pros

We are partnered with ESET as their product range has a very virus detection rate combined with a low system impact. Quite often we have customers bring in computers running other AV software and we use ESET to remove infections.

Cons

The ERA console is very flexable but can be overly complex for most use cases. Would be nice to see a better implementation of the user interface, perhaps a wizzard system. This does not affect end users though.

WatchGuard Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Trends virus detection rate at the time was not so good.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Price and previous good histroy with ESET.
Ryan
Ryan

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

ESET is the best

Has been a very good experience, easy to use and update and easy to install.

Pros

I find ESET works very well for our company and we've used it for over seven years. It's affordable and it works very well. It's also much lighter and doesn't slow down our computers. We use it for our office computers and at home computers. It's nice having the added security (opens a secure window) when it detects something that needs higher security like opening a bank website.

Cons

Not any cons I can think of honestly. We are a small studio of under 10 staff so it was great for us. If you are a large firm then one of the more established companies may be better for you.

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Norton was very heavy and we noticed a slow down of our machines.

Lighter, better.

Response from ESET

Thank you for your helpful review about our software. We're glad to hear that you find it easy to use and that it doesn't affect your computer's performance. We also appreciate your feedback about the cost-effectiveness of our software. Thank you for choosing ESET!

Replied 10/05/2023
Jose Mateo
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

ESET Endpoint Security and how useful it is for safeguarding computer hardware.

Pros

ESET Endpoint Security offers strong defense against malware, viruses, and other security threats. It also offers a wide range of remote administration capabilities to make it easier to manage security across a variety of devices. Additionally, the platform may be completely customized and works well with various security programs.

Cons

Some users may find ESET Endpoint Security's configuration and customization to be challenging, which can make first use challenging. Additionally, some users have mentioned performance problems and challenges with interoperability with other apps. Comparing ESET's pricing plans to those of other security products on the market, some businesses may find them to be prohibitively expensive.

Response from ESET

We are truly sorry ESET did not meet your expectations but would like to thank you for trying and sharing your feedback.

Replied 28/04/2023

Chanaka
Chanaka
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

Fast, Lightweight, efficient antivirus which is a must for any user

ESET is the fastest and most efficient security tool among many others and I'm telling this from experience. This will work on any device even if it's got lower performance without overloading the device. Just try this and you will understand why this is one of the best in the market right now. Detection engine is capable of identifying many threats which are missed from similar tools.

Pros

I started using ESET few years back and instantly I felt an improvement from all the antivirus software I used during my time. ESET was fast and had minimal impact on overall performance on computer while detecting many threats other tools could not detect.

With constant updates and user friendly UI, I feel it's the most comfortable tool I have used. Quite customizable with excluding locations, custom firewall, and specially the gaming mode where it improves overall performance of computer was splendid.

As a user for many years ESET came up with many good features like email protection, banking protection, and a own blacklist to enhance users' security.

Cons

I used ESET for many years but I have rarely seen faults in ESET. But I think constant notifications reminding to update and lower downloading speed for updates even when a stable and speed internet connection is available can be stated as the areas where I think ESET need to improve.

Gabriella
Gabriella
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 21/02/2021

Works well whether entry-level or high performance

Having used ESET for about seven years there are definitely more pros than cons.

Pros

I have used ESET for about 7 years back and forth and at times together with another antivirus. When I first started with ESET it did a really good job, my laptop was not performing well, I installed it and managed to remove over 20 malicious software.
I like how it works well on different computer systems, be it entry-level or high performance. I am currently running it on an i5 processor with 8 GBs of RAM and it works well. It uses low computing power and it does not slow down my computer.
I like the ESET splash screen that shows up on computer startup, it's interesting how it's changed over the years. The splash screen has a clean and premium feel to it and it makes using ESET thus much more pleasant. The splash screen simply shows up and automatically disappears, making starting up pleasant and not long especially when compared to other programs where a complete window opens up which then has to be closed.
I have also used it on an entry-level computer with a Celeron processor and 4 GBs of RAM. It worked well, and I still saw the above pros, and most importantly I was able to scan my computer and have it free of malware.

Cons

I do not have much against ESET, it works well, except that scan times are lengthy, but this is related to file sizes that I have on my machine and in any case, I found it to still be quicker than other programs.
There is a price point to ESET and even though it works well there are other anti-virus programs with a free plan that compete strongly with it.

Jebin
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 20/01/2024

Eset Endpoint - Review

A powerful antivirus solution with competitive features with good pricing make it a worth to buy.

Pros

Effective and powerful antivirus engine. This having almost all features like web filter, mail filter , device control and firewall.

Cons

Some advanced feature like DLP. Other than that it’s still a worth buy.

Response from ESET

ESET is proud to serve as your security solution.

Replied 01/02/2024
Muna
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Eset benefits

Well, I recommend everyone to use ESET because of it's features provided by them. You will be safe. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT IF YOU HAVE ESET ON YOUR ENDPOINT DEVICES. If you are looking for something that provides the protection for your non living beings, just try it and be happy.

Pros

The main thing I love about the ESET is it provides and shows all the angles to protect ourselves from malware, ransomware and phishing websites.

Cons

Well, I do feel that some of the features are not more user friendly. Sometime it takes time to apply the policies but at last it will work within few seconds. Also, the cost is one of the factors.

WatchGuard Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Well, it is costly and we are looking for one product which provides all the features that is included over there. We are happy, we found ESET.

Intercept X Endpoint

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Well, the main reason is deployment, according to our company needs, vendor commitment for the support, quality and the pricing flexibility.

Response from ESET

Hi Muna, Thank you for such a glowing recommendation, we appreciate the feedback about servers on and off premises and will see what we can do to implement it.

Replied 02/02/2024
Carlos Benjamin
Carlos Benjamin
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

Best Antivirus but still hackable

I like it, i Recommend this to anyone. The Best I ever Had

Pros

It is very easy to install and use, It doesn't take a lot of resources from your computer.

Cons

We got hacked by a Ransomeware 2 times now, when it is supossed that we were covered by ESET =( . Lucky us we have backups of our all data daily. but was not easy to restore.

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

McAfee drinks our Entire Resources on Every computer, it is really heavy for any computer, even the thougt ones.

Price, and for me it is the Best Antivirus
Zaza
Zaza
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

ESET Endpoint Security

Overall I have good experience with eset. Very good server management. Very good installed software management. Very good logging.

Pros

Very easy to use, useful, fast, intuitive, hight speed

Cons

Sometimes fail to upgrade server side. Hard to implement user agents.

Trellix Endpoint Security

Very bad server side

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Best price. Very good server side. Good antivirus. Good user side. Low PC load.
Steve
Steve

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Outstanding Protecion

I've never had an issue with Malware, Spyware or Viruses since I started using EST about 10 years ago.

Pros

Provides outstanding protection
Easy installation and upgrading
Never had an issue with Malware or Viruses since switching
Also like the pricing models for those that own several devices

Cons

I haven't found anything to complain about. It just plain works as advertised. You'd hardly know it was there.

Oliver
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/12/2023

One of the most easy to use endpoint protection programs

Overall the product works as intended. the pros far outweigh the idiosyncrasies. They are minimal. There is no end user interaction which is great. The reporting is excellent and remote management helps resolve issues without ever contacting the end user.

Pros

Easy to setup. Straight forward control panel. remote deployment and installer creation is a breeze.

Cons

I wish the tenant portion of the control panel was a bit more user friendly.

Response from ESET

Hi Oliver, Thank you for your glowing review extolling the ease of use of ESET. We look forward to continuing to serve as your cybersecurity provider well into the future.

Replied 02/02/2024
Trevor
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

Eset security software

We use this software in many ways to protect businesses from hackers and viruses and blocked unsafe web site. Plus it protects our company when access banking information.

Pros

I have been Eset for a while now, and the software has made some significant improvement overall with using the software adding more security features like the banking system. This software you to take control of access to firewalls and also gives users control on having a computer scanning for issues. The software has a different level of software protection to choose from.

Cons

The licensed to purchase this software is a bit troubling. It does give your license keys. If you need to reinstall the program in some older model, you required a user name and keycode or ID code. It just too confusing. Also, the software takes too many resources when scanning every time you reboot your computer.

Ahmed

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

ESET EPP review after using it personnally for 6 yrs. and at work for 2 yrs.

very easy and very good interface, they have the fastest updates, also very good exclusion and light on the PCs better offering, ease f use, light on PC so enhance performance.

Pros

doesn't affect hardware performance, fastest updates, fantastic detection.

Cons

needs to be for bigger enterprises, offering to servers and data-centers needs to be better.

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

better offering, ease f use, light on PC so enhance performance.

Apex One

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Response from ESET

Thank you for your kind words and endorsement, ESET is truly honored to have your trust.
Our team works hard every day to make sure our products are the best they can be and it's great to see that we're meeting your needs.
We hope to continue providing you with the protection you need for years to come.

Replied 13/12/2022
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

Eset Endpoing Security Best for Business Protection

well since we are using the Eset endpoint we save a lot of time, and we start using it in 2017 until now, we try to switch from another vendor because no agent management, imagine if you have 1200 computers without an agent how can we manage? but since we have an Eset ERA management console server we can manage Eset protection well, I can say I stay safe from viruses for 4 years already.
I recommend Eset endpoint for enterprise business.

Pros

its the lite software of antivirus that does not consume the bandwidth of ram, CPU, of the user, so user feel their computer is not slow.
another point related to administrator management can manage well on the computer inside the campus and cross-campus with the Eset Remote Management, remote scan, and update, deployment.
the last one is the ERA console server can monitor all the risks, and activities of each client/agent that has a problem, and the system administrator can update or push updates from the ERA server well.

Cons

its really cool already i have no comment about this.

Keith

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Quality product that you can rely on.

So good I recommend it to our clients.

Pros

It doesn’t slow machines down like other Anti virus products.
It is easy to install & forget about, knowing you are protected.
The company is quick to respond to any issues and if support is required they are extremely helpful eve IF it turns out that it isn’t their product that is causing the issue.

Cons

I would like a bit more malware specific scans built Into the product.

Intercept X Endpoint

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Panda slowed down our machines.

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Cost & based on a trials we preferred the simplicity & speed of ESET.
Carlo

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

A powerful, functional and manageable AV system

We are able to easily manage ESET from the ESMC console, no matter where the mobile device travels we are able to control it

Pros

The deployment process can be easily streamlined using GPO or the ESMC console. As well as managing any Virus outbreaks or threats centrally

Cons

Can be a pain if there are issues with the central server, or if machines have issues removing previous AV software in order to install ESET

Trellix Endpoint Security

Became a partner with ESET

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

ESET were able to offer us more competitive pricing in order to resell to our clients
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Very thorough virus protection

Overall, ESET, once it's initial system scan is complete, runs perfectly like it isn't even there. While I rarely run into any warning from it, in 8 years I have also never had any issues with malware infecting a system that it is protecting.

Pros

ESET does a great job of managing each and every thing that enters your computer either through the internet or from a removeable media source. I have never experienced ESET missing a trojan or suspicious piece of information when installing new software or visiting websites.

Cons

The initial system scan that is triggered whenever your PC comes out of sleep or is restarted can be quite lengthy and is generally slowed down tremendously if you are impatient and try to open any programs while the scan is going.

ugwu
ugwu

Reviewed on 24/12/2022

Mainstream eset endpoint reviews

It's Being a good experience as sucurity of our database is important to our operations

Pros

It's easy to use and has a good user experience when navigating within its space

Cons

It collect database from it user's without promoting the user

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

To compliment our safety of operations

Reasons for Switching to ESET Endpoint Security

It's has strong shield base over others, and the navigation of its user is friendly

Response from ESET

We are happy to hear that ESET is your trusted security provider and that you appreciate it's support and value. Thank you for sharing your review.

Replied 18/01/2023
Malinda
Malinda
  • Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

The best anti-virus software for business

I have been using eset anti-virus software for 3+ years and my experience so far is really positive. As a company we have never faced any virus/malware infection from the day we started using it and it is doing a great job for these 3+ years. First we used the 30-day trial and then we got that it is the right choice. My overall experience of using eset anti-virus software is really positive and I would like to recommend anyone who is willing to use an anti-virus software which works flawlessly almost 100% of the time and it is the best on the market currently.

Pros

There are many ways that a computer can get infected with spyware, viruses, and malware. Among those downloads from internet, email attachments and removable media are the main ways. Normally one railway station has at least 10 computers and those contain sensitive information. These computers are connected to the internet and can be infected from viruses at anytime easily. Viruses can steal passwords, get access to sensitive information, damage files, monitor user's activities and make frequent computer crashes.If one computer get infected, the other computers connected to the network affected too. For all these problems, company decided to use an anti-virus protection to safeguard the PCs. Few years back we have decided to switch to eset anti-virus software. The installation was really easy. That is the most stable and effective anti-virus software I have ever used. Eset runs in the background without hassling me. It doesn't ask me to run a security check/ restart the pc while I'm doing another work. I love the way that it handles everything about security of the pc. It doesn't degrade the performance of my computer while scanning and it intelligently identify threats without blocking other programs. The pretty user interface with “You are protected” sign tells me that everything is fine at one glance.

Cons

To be honest, I don't have anything against eset. The license is bit costly but the price is really worth for the security that we get. It is absolutely easy to use.

Beatrice
Beatrice

Reviewed on 04/08/2023

Simple yet Reliable Software for Maximum Virus Protection

ESET provides reliable security against different threats, so you don't have to install different programs to enjoy maximum security. It is relatively easy to set up for someone with basic skills but a beginner might need help. You can adjust the settings from a central point based on the common threats and the security you need.

Pros

I like ESET because it provides a central control panel that ensures we have standard security across all computers. The IT team can easily make adjustments or upgrades conveniently from a central console. ESET works in the background without unnecessary popups and does not slow down the computer. It also provides wholistic protection against virus, malware, phishing, ransomware and similar threats.

Cons

Its control and customization features make requires some skills and experience. Beginners need guidance to optimize the settings and the results. There is nothing else I don't like about ESET.

Response from ESET

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We're thrilled to hear that you find ESET's central control panel and seamless background operation impressive. It's great to know that our software provides holistic protection against various threats without causing any slowdowns. We appreciate your feedback on the control and customization features, and we're here to support users of all experience levels. Your trust in ESET for reliable and comprehensive endpoint security means a lot to us!

Replied 08/08/2023
Jonas
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

"Whatever you need to safeguard your computer."

Screening and restricting website visits, monitoring programs in the case that any devices are taken, and guaranteeing that our confidential material is not accessed and distributed across the web are all examples of security measures. Our test approach demonstrated that the security features are reliable. When combating zero-day attacks, the Live Guards level is quite effective. Installation and maintenance are pretty simple and basic. The nicest thing about ESET is it's doing a lot of stuff effectively. The antivirus software has consistently kept us safe. On the database server, we faced problems with zero-day attacks and one previous vulnerability. Installing protection immediately eliminated the problems. After installing ESET on our database server, we had instant piece of mind. This is a strongly recommended application.

Pros

I've utilized ESET at prior workplaces and understand how effectively it operates, which is why I'm utilizing it at my present job. I don't need to stress about whether or not it will work, or concerning a complicated configuration. It offers me peace of mind realizing that I won't have to waste hrs. configuring it. It performs its function admirably. The ability of the Live Security to identify and update new attacks in live time boosted our security and reduced our annoyance while confronted with new attacks on our own.

Cons

The security platform is segregated from the corporate panel from the administrative perspective, which might be confusing for some. Installation is a pain to get just right, and updates have often resulted in total reinstalls. The additional effort invested in setup pays off. I dislike the learning format too though; it ultimately leads to an interactive format, so why not use the interactive format from the beginning?

Behzod
Behzod
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

ESET one of the most trusted names in computer security

Truly install and forget about it type of product. Highly recommend it.

Pros

I am long time user of ESET products and its Endpoint Security computer security service. I started using ESET in 2006 and since then I am loyal customer of the company. The advantages of this software can be summarized as follows:

1) ESET always tops the computer security tests conducted by independent, third party testing companies (eg. AV Comparatives) that test various well-known antivirus products.

2) No matter whether you are using powerful gaming computer or slow, old laptop -- ESET utilizes minimum CPU. Hence, ESET provides excellent all in one protection at minimal CPU usage.

3) ESET has very user friendly interface for novice users. But at the same time ESET has separate menu with full set of features for expert users.

4) Overall license cost is not expensive. Usually there are several sales throughout the year that make the deal even sweeter.

5) Product offers full security tools including firewall, antivirus, spam protection, anti-theft protection that smoothly integrates with the operating system and require minimal user intervention.

6) ESET has very friendly customer care team of experts that are available 24/7.

Cons

I never experienced problems with ESET products. Always recommend it to friends and colleagues.

Riaan
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

Endpoint Security

Pros

The end point security and the handling of security matters. Our system are secure and ensure up to date security enhancements. Easy deployment

Cons

Sometimes cause web sites not to open and causes some programs not to update

Response from ESET

Thank you for your positive feedback! We're glad to hear that ESET Endpoint Security has provided you with reliable and up-to-date security for your systems. We understand the occasional issues you mentioned and appreciate your patience. If you ever need assistance with those specific challenges, our support team is here to help. We're thrilled to have you as a satisfied customer!

Replied 27/09/2023
Joseph

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

It just works! I don't have to worry about viruses anymore.

It's great, works like it's supposed to.

Pros

ESET helps me not have to worry about computer security. It's simple, works in the background, and doesn't bog my computer down.

Cons

The icon in the taskbar is a little odd, but helpful when I need it, but I rarely need it.

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Too many pop ups and adds in AVG

Reviewed on 22/08/2022

Protection available at your beck and call

Even though there are other solutions available at a lower cost, the performance and effectiveness of these solutions in removing all kinds of viral dangers make it clear that they are well worth the money. Taking very good care of the private information that is stored on our computers is worth a significant amount more than the price of the program itself. On a consistent basis, multiple evaluations conducted by impartial parties affirm our selections.

Pros

I was quite impressed with ESET's capacity to detect potentially malicious actions and to do scans on a regular basis. It has a user-friendly interface and comes equipped with capabilities like text encryption and encryption for portable media. It is not difficult to install, and consumers may easily obtain it. After a system reboot, it is necessary for employees to enter a password, which significantly increases the level of security.

Cons

If employees fail to remember their passwords or enter them frequently incorrectly, the server's connection will be severed, and a wipe will be necessary. Because of this, we are unable to access a number of the websites that we typically browse on a daily basis. It is inconvenient to have to unblock a website yourself or to have to ask someone else to do so on your behalf. It would be wonderful if there were more frequent updates.

Response from ESET

Thank you for taking your time to leave such a detailed and great review. We are happy to be your cybersecurity provider.

Replied 19/09/2022