About Clio

Clio is a cloud-based legal practice management solution suitable for small to large law firms. The platform enables lawfirms and other businesses in the legal industry to track important deadlines, manage client cases and...

Browse Clio Reviews

1,164 of 1,164 reviews
Daniel V. Daniel V.

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

Great comprehensive practice management solution for lawyers

After almost a year with Clio I can safely say I'm happy with my purchase.

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks Online is clutch. While there are still some additional functionalities I would build into it, I love that a transaction in Clio creates a journal entry in QB that I can then link to a bank transaction. Makes bookkeeping way easier.

Cons

I wish that a client could access Clio for Clients and Clio Connect at the same time.

Yadira C. Yadira C.

Reviewed on 19/06/2021

Great app, easy to use

I have been using Clio for over 5 years, I have seen how they have been updating to the moon. I like how easy your job can be using this software. You can have access to your case everywhere, including on your phone(the phone app works fine too). If you work with a time, I can imagine a better option to do it, you all can see every movement everyone did in a case, it is amazing

Pros

I like how intuitive can be the software, it is very easy to use, they are always updating the app with better features, they have a lot of integration with other software.

Cons

The customer service is a little complicated to contact. I have been trying to contact them and first, we can be in the phone for a while, second, they will not be able to help me on the first call, seems like the customer service it is not very familiar with the app. Thank god, I do no have to contact them often.

Peggy W. Peggy W.

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Cleo will solve all your law firm problems

My overall experience with Cleo has been fantastic and has changed how I do my daily job for the better. It has made life at work much easier and less stressful. It has allowed me to free up time that's better spent on creating documents forming businesses etc.

Pros

I loved Cleo from the moment a representative gave us an overview of the software and what it had to offer. After that demonstration I couldn't wait to try the software. I love that Cleo allows you to customize the program to your specific law firms needs. There is an enormous amount of ability to customize clients billing and matters. I've never found a software like this one before nor one that allows you so much freedom to make it your own. There are two sections to Cleo Cleo grow and Cleo manage. Cleo grow allows you to enter potential new clients and track their progress as to whether they hire the law firm get referred out or don't hire the law firm. It has saved me from keeping up with two separate spreadsheets which allows me more time to work on important tasks. Once in Cleo grow you can move a client over to Cleo manage once they hire you. Once in Cleo grow everything about your client and their case is all contained on their own individual dashboard. Within that dashboard you can store communications their documents their payment transactions emails billing their time they're expenses etc. And because of the categories you can customize I'm able to enter the important information needed for their particular case and it's no farther than one click away. I have to say the Cleo support and help section is spectacular and one of the best I've ever come across. They have a clear academy which offers training on specific things you can do in the software.

Cons

The only thing I found so far that I'm not fond of with the software is the flat rate billing. Our Law Firm wants to keep track of the time spent on a case even if it's for flat fee. I'm still trying to find a way to best show this on an invoice and after researching Cleo help section they don't seem to have a real clear method of doing it.

Top Clio Alternatives

PracticePanther Legal Software

Amicus Attorney

Lindsay H. Lindsay H.

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Great software and user friendly!

My overall experience has been great! They are always making sure to take the next step in integrations and constantly keep their software up to date and secure.

Pros

I liked how the IT team literally walked me through the entire set-up/integration. To be 100% honest, they recovered & transferred my crashed billing entries from Timeslips into their system. There are so many positives re: Clio software that I cannot pick what I like most; however, the Quick Bill & Payment Plan features are very convenient. Oh, I can't write a review and not mention the LawPay integration. That is also a great feature!

Cons

I hate when I am asked for instructions on setting up their client portal because I have no instructions to give them. I wish Clio had a .pdf that I could hand to every new client. I also wish there were more options re: billing history printouts for the Court. This is VERY important when asking for ATTY fees.

PracticePanther Legal Software

Reasons for Choosing Clio

Timeslips crashed and they would not help me unless I upgraded.

Sage Timeslips

Reasons for Switching to Clio

I chose Clio because of the support team.
Patrick H. Patrick H.

Reviewed on 21/04/2020

Clio, the best all purpose attorney software, bar none...

Outstanding experience with something for everyone just depending on one's level of interest and need.

Pros

Functionality is nearly universal while specially and jusisdiction costomization is great.
Easy law firm branding and pre sale marketing is brilliant.
Support is outstanding and the Premium Support even better for speedy, live agent help.
Cost is reasonable and many available plans on their menu of options.
Clio grows nicely with solid feature burstsoften free to it's users.
Excellent and often updated/enlarged mobile App across all usual platforms: Appke, Android, Windows...
Superior online instant pay clientbinvoucing, and client trust account requests
The wide assortment of excellent and Rock solid 3rd party software affiliations is very impresdive.

Cons

I was fortunate to have free help migrating my existing, Timeslips database compiled over many years but it ain't quite so free today...Also, I'm still not a fan of the communications tools for clients and othes not subscribed to Clio.

Eileen noon M. Eileen noon M.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

Why I find a Clio essential

Terrific.

Pros

Why I find a Clio essential Is as a sole proprietor of a small business, Clio operates as my check and balance. The small law firm I was at prior to going on my own used Clio and while I do not use all the features because I do mostly appointed work, the features I do use are essential on assuring me I am on top of my game 99.44% of the time.

Cons

As a very busy person, what I like least about Clio is it operates as a reminder to me that I could probably do a lot more if I ever took the day or two to get all the educated on how to do some of the things I do in a rather long handled manner. I am 60 years old and have been a lawyer for 33 years. I recommend Clio to many of the young lawyers I know just starting out or only a few years in the practice to help them ensure themselves they’re keeping track of their time, their appointments, their clients etc. I point out any problem I’ve ever had with Clio was quickly addressed and fixed and that I couldn’t be happier. I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me I have to tell them that if I was them and had their computer skills and knowledge this thing would operate all necessary prompting for me.

Margy W. Margy W.

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

The Future of Cloud Computing in the Legal Industry

Clio has been really helpful organizing a small solo practice and getting that attorney up and running, and then expanding their practice accordingly. It's a great, central location for file management, and being able to use Quickbooks and Clio for billing is spectacular. Clio's client support is stellar, and that is worth a LOT when it comes to case management. Overall, Clio is an excellent choice, and even with my complaints, I do believe it is the standard for the future.

Pros

I really do believe that Clio is the future of legal cloud computing and practice/file management. It's a functional piece of software that allows attorneys and legal staff to manage cases with ease. There are a few things that I find to be useful with Clio:
1. Clio integrates with tons of other software options, including Grow (a CRM management tool). Keeping things "in the family" is really useful and speeds up management.
2. Clio's billing functionality is really nice. It's one of the more functional back end management tools I've seen, and I really like the way it works. You can integrate it with Quickbooks for easy accounting, which we really appreciate and which looks great on the user end (for clients, when they receive bills).
3. Clio sports a really professional interface, which just looks nice when you're working. It looks grown up and sleek, so if someone peeks over your shoulder or you're working while in the vicinity of clients, it doesn't have a preschool feeling to it.
4. Most important - Clio's customer support is incredible. Have an issue? There are videos you can watch, or people you can talk to. They will literally stay on the phone with you for hours as you troubleshoot issues together, or learn something new. Top notch, seriously.

Cons

I do have a few gripes about Clio. If these were addressed, it would get a 5-star rating from me:
1. Mouseclicks. Clio requires so. many. mouseclicks. It is infuriating at times. I realize this sounds stupid, but over time, they add up. I am a huge fan of efficiency, and Clio is one of the most inefficient programs I've used.
2. Workflows. I really enjoy using workflows to track various projects. Clio sucks at workflows. A complete rework of how they approach them, and how they look for interface with the staff who are responsible for executing, would go a LONG WAY toward making Clio a more useful application. I think workflows are really the topic that causes Clio to lag behind other software out on the market. I would like to see something in place that allows a user to create a workflow, move tasks around in the list, add subtasks to tasks, and assign triggering dates, secondary dates, etc. It would also be useful to be able to assign various tasks to various users. Until that's in place, I'll be sad about using Clio.
3. A central location for performing various functions. Clio does have a left-hand toolbar that allows you to do SOME things, but not ALL things. It would be good if, from the left-hand menu, I could do each discrete thing that I can do in Clio by clicking a mouse a zillion times. Once that happens, I'll be happier.
4. Document management. I'm out of room, but it is not idea. Too much downloading/uploading. Dropbox is better (for collaborati

MyCase

Reasons for Switching to Clio

Clio came recommended by another practitioner who had gone solo and had a great experience.
Jared L. Jared L.

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Review of Clio use and functionality

I have been able to delegate more to my support staff by using the different scheduling and tasking features without giving up on my oversight, since I can verify overdue tasks and completed tasks. Also, my staff has been able to manage my calendar through the case and firm calendar features which allows me to draft more and be able to schedule more hearings.

I am in and out of the office most days and the cloud-based aspect of this software and mobile app allows me to keep track of my schedule, access my matters, and contact clients as needed.

Overall my experience has been excellent; I moved from using 4-5 programs and apps to manage my practice, to using 2 because of the integration in the Clio suite. I have recommended this software to several friends and have help to train some of them on the basics while they were feeling it out.

Pros

I like the fact that there are different levels of cost for the need of your business. I started with one user on the lower tier, then moved up to include more options and added a user. I like the fact that not only does it provide billing and payment integration, but, at the time I upgraded, it included the monthly cost to use Law Pay (which I have also found helpful).

Cons

I feel there are some personal preferences I would like to use in my reports viewing and accounting. But there was a recent revamp rolled out a few months ago that did address some of my needs. Admittedly, although I have used the product for almost 4 years now, I have not watched all the tutorial videos or called with all of my specific questions, even though with the boutique package there is a dedicated help line.

Reasons for Switching to Clio

I liked the feel of the product and flow of the features better. Also, I have friends who made the switch to Abacus and after they moved all files and information decided it wasn't exactly what they were looking for, but did not want the headache of making another switch.
Tracy V. Tracy V.

Reviewed on 01/09/2019

Clio is a mixed bag

The worst is retainers. Without being able to customize my email message globally, I can't use the trust payment request. It just confuses clients. Did I say hours and hours and hours? I will say that their service is fabulous. However, they keep making new abilities that to me are inconsequential compared with retainers. Oh, and not having global text snippets? How hard can that be? I have to go to 8 different users if I add something. Really a waste of time. Fix the real stuff. Then add bells and whistles.

Pros

I love that billing is so much easier, that my team can enter time remotely.

Cons

Clio was not developed by any sort of accountant. The reports are lacking, you can't memorize reports, everything within the software isn't consistent (like using the term everyone one place and all users in another place). The reports are inconsistent with what you can filter by on each report. There are still things where my account names are redundant - like Johnson - Divorce: Divorce. The biggest gripe I have is about replenishing retainers. The retainer replenishments don't get printed on the bill - I know it is because clio payments won't let you make a combined trust/legal fee payment, but they could have one link for anything owed and another link if a replenishment is due. Really - we webt to the moon 50 years ago but we can't figure this out? I spend hours and hours dealing with contacting clients to replenish. Also, way you enter into clio is clunky. I have to pick up my mouse all the time. It needs to be more like quickbooks entry. You never have to pick up your mouse.

Alicia D. Alicia D.

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Best in Class for Small Firms

In addition to what I wrote above, Clio Management's customer service and technical support are​ great. They are still working out the kinks on the Clio Grow side after acquiring Lexicata (which I also used and was happy to see integrated). I am excited to see what improvements they have in connecting up the two systems.

Pros

I've been using Clio since 2010. I have tried other software over the years. I also originally had to use other software that integrated with Clio, but slowly have been able to reduce subscriptions as Clio built out features. Clio is the best in class, affordable, and the software around which I ultimately chose to build all my systems. I like that Clio allows me to manage the entire client file, including documents and emails, bills, and file shares, all within a single integrated system. Less software is cheaper, easier to manage, helps me capture details, and requires less employee training and management.

Cons

Clio still has some features and kinks to work out. Not everything is intuitive. Its plugin with Outlook is a little slow and I don't like that it strips the attachments from emails when placing them in the file. There still isn't enough flexibility in fee arrangements. It could improve the marketing side quite a bit. And I wish you could edit billing entries in bulk a little easier (especially if you made a mistake in one edit, it doesn't save and you lose ALL your edits -- super annoying). That said, all of these bugs and annoyances get addressed by Clio over time. They continually improve and grow the software. So I don't feel that there are any fatal flaws; just quirks that you learn to work around​.

Lovedip S. Lovedip S.

Reviewed on 09/07/2019

Clio Review July 9, 2019

The speed of creating standard letters is not a feature that most other programs have. I research 3 other programs and used 1 legal software program for about a year. I have been able to save time and speed up common tasks with Clio. Also, in the past i have had to use multiple platforms to perform legal work. Now i only relay on Clio

Pros

compared to other software on the market, Clio is very user friendly
I can access it from anywhere in the world
customer service is quick with providing answers to questions

Cons

on the mobile app, the documents are difficult to access because if the name of the document is too long, you may not know which document it is.

Reasons for Choosing Clio

Document management and creating precedent letters

MyCase

Reasons for Switching to Clio

The other products were ancient and very difficult to use. No to mention cluttered dashboards.
Marie G. Marie G.

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Clio Review

My overall experience has been positive. There are plenty of resources for day to day activities and for more complex matters the live support has been indispensable. I find it easy to navigate and learn.

Pros

Initially it was a better system overall than the systems we were trying to make fit our needs (Timeslips and Sharepoint). Subsequently, the updates that are implemented by the development team when there is an obvious need or lack identified.

Cons

I did not like that the billing of outstanding balances was not automated during billing runs to capture all outstanding balances so anyone who does not have a current bill still gets a bill when I do not enter a start time as a filter option. I also do not like that I have to clean up so much on the Quickbooks Online end of a Retainer transfer, especially after a billing run when its many clients at once, it creates a lot of work in the Retainer in Trust register in QBO.

Reasons for Choosing Clio

In Timesplips we were having trouble with transfers and keeping track of the data that was not integrating into Quickbooks Desktop smoothly. We also wanted to switch to QBO but they do not integrate. There were system failures that created "broken AR's". The customer service was never immediate, I've spent many hours on hold or on the phone with someone who did not seem to care. It seemed like there was always something that would come up and the customer support was so bad that I would rather try to fix the problem myself or ignore the problem(unless it was timely) until I couldn't anymore. We only started using Sharepoint because Timeslips did not have an office management aspect of the software and it was not economical nor easy to set up, we ended up spending more money on a Sharepoint technician than a year subscription to Clio.

Sage Timeslips

Reasons for Switching to Clio

Price difference I believe, but I honestly don't remember if there were other reasons as well.
Stephen C. Stephen C.

Reviewed on 20/06/2019

Changed my practice

Pros

Clio has been a game changer for my practice. Before I would write my time on a sheet of paper (sometimes any paper within reach) and hope it got entered at some point before the end of the month. Now, I immediately enter my time either on my computer or iPhone. A phone call, client conversations, anytime I work on a file it immediately gets entered into Clio.
At the end of the month, Billing is a breeze. I am able to see all of my Billable Clients for the month and with a few clicks, they are all sent out by either email or Clio Connect. My clients can pay with their credit cards, and many times they have paid overnight before I even get to the office the next day. I remember when I first switched to Clio about 80% of my accounts receivable paid within the first week.
My clients also like the billing detail with separate time, attorneys, and expenses. I have been able to create custom invoices to comply with some of my government contracts, which require invoices to look a certain way.
We are also big fans on the integration with Office365. The software automatically creates a client folder on OneDrive when a new matter is opened. This has been a huge help in keeping everyone working on the same files and storing documents in the correct client folder. Also, the Outlook plugin has been great to keep all emails received and sent copied to the client's matter. I do not know how many times I have easily found an email related to a client matter.

Cons

I wish there was better integration with Infusionsoft (now Keap). There is a way to connect using third parties, but it would be nice to only enter client information once.

Amber G. Amber G.

Reviewed on 24/06/2016

Simple, flexible and user-friendly

Right from the outset I have found the support at Clio to be fantastically helpful. It's a big decision working out which product is right for your particular business. Clio, as you expect from most companies in the beginning, were great at informing us what Clio could do and answering our initial questions. However, what I am really impressed about it the continued support from Clio. It does not matter who you speak to, they are friendly, knowledgeable and will do all they can to help you. And if they don't know, which is rare, they will find out and get back to you. And they do get back to you! Plus every phone call is followed up with an email. With regard to the product itself, it is pretty easy to use. Most things are quite logical and therefore you can work it out fairly simply. I am of the view that no product is perfect as every business will have different requirements. In the case of Clio, there are a few very minor things we would like to see available. Clio are continuously developing and improving the product and, I think, everything we have enquired about that is not already a function of Clio, is in the pipeline. However, it is still great for us as it is but we always strive for perfection!

Pros

I love the simplicity and flexibility of Clio. It is very user friendly and the way it looks is very neat. It does not take long to work out exactly what you are looking at and what it all means. For me personally, I do a lot of billing and compared with a previous software package, Clio has saved me a lot of time and it's really easy to keep track of where you are as it automatically incorporates a workflow. Also, setting up new cases is easy and flexible. You are easily able to incorporate your own requirements and information.

Cons

This is quite specific but for us, the biggest drawback is not being able to present the invoice in exactly the way we want (i.e. a front cover summary of figures without the time description wording). There is a lot of flexibility on the invoices which is great but the one thing we can't do is take the wording away from the first page. Our company like to keep the first page of the invoice very simple and clear and then have the narrative on the following pages. We understand, however, that this is being developed by Clio and should be rolled out some time in the next couple of months or so.

Andrew B. Andrew B.

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Solo Lawyer's Clio Review

I first experienced Clio as an articling student a couple years ago. I worked with several lawyers, one of which used Clio exclusiveley. I helped this lawyer develop templates for automation of document production and have been hooked since then. Now, I am a sole practitioner, using clio for my own practice. With the introduction of Clio for Clients app, I am even more excited for the future of clio, and tech savy law firms in the digital age.

Pros

Automation. Auto-document production is wonderful. This works great for bills and templates for notice letters, statements of claims etc.
I will continue to work on my templates to automate of the firm as possible.

Cons

Ideally, input of information would be more automated. All emails recieved have to be manually entered into the communications tab. I would like for this all to be automated. Give me intake forms that are related to types of matters so I can be sure to gather all necessary information that I require at intake, and not a week after intake when I am opening the file in Clio and realize I do not have their BI adjusters contact info, for example.

Mark A. Mark A.

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Accept No Substitute for Small Firms

Clio has helped us to cut down the time it takes to intake, retain, track, and bill clients, and shaves countless hours of administrative tasks off of our dockets. It is great as a lawyer to be able to manage these items directly and promptly for my clients, and it also makes our administrative staff free to focus on more valuable tasks and firm operations.

Pros

Clio is a wonderfully innovative, reliable, and flexible platform for managing client matters, billing, and a host of miscellaneous issues and data. Our firm has been using Clio for 3 years, starting with simply using it to track time and client info, and since expanding it to track client intake and retainers, accounting automation, bill collection, and even digital minute book storage. Clio has continued to add features over time which has given the platform greater function and synergy with our workflows, with more upgrades always on the horizon. There are also many great supplementary platforms and software which can "talk" to clio via its API, and which only add further functionality. Overall it's an incredibly useful system for a small firm if you take the time to set it up, and it is also fairly stable and reliable.

Cons

There is the occasional downtime or glitch that comes through, those these are usually addressed promptly. Aside from this, the biggest challenge is taking the time to set up Clio properly, learn its systems, and find supplementary software for any features which are not yet supported. There is definitely a setup and learning curve, but once overcome it is a solid system.

Terri W. Terri W.

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Time entry is quick and easy for all billers to stay up to date on their time entry. The notes and communications tabs are great to find history on a client. It also helps with liability purposes, in order to document everything.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Billing is easy and you can look up an old bill instantly.

Cons

The reports are a little lacking. There should be a way to print statements for clients who owe money and suppress clients with bills that have a current amount this month (in other words, print billing AR reminders for clients that do not have current bills this month).

Loraine D. Loraine D.

Reviewed on 14/10/2016

Clio - not perfect, but a great start

We've been using Clio for just over a year now in our firm. We've added several new people and consolidated a number of software programs into a much smaller number of programs. The contacts management and documents management features of Clio are not as robust as the other solutions we're using, and we'd like to see some improvements in the contacts system and the ways bills are run and sent. However, the time entry is MUCH easier now, it's overall fairly easy to learn the system and set up new users, and the ability to link contacts to matters is vastly helpful for our conflicts checking (assuming you use it).

Clio is not going to magically make your life better; you still have to learn to use it and then make sure it gets used correctly (we have some attorneys here who haven't been as good about that as the staff and some of the other attorneys have been), but it's so worth the effort. And, if you have a problem, their support staff is fantastic. Quick to respond, very helpful and polite, and if they have to tell you that the requested fix isn't available yet they'll at least assure you that it's being put on the list for future improvements.

We looked at a lot of practice management solutions, and I think we made the right choice in going with Clio.

Pros

Time tracking is very easy, and it handles multiple matters for the same client very well. Reports are useful, most of them. Tasks and the system allowing you to make records of phone conversations are great. Clio Connect and the ability to share documents with clients and others is fantastic.

Cons

Billing system is clunky; contacts management is only okay at best. It's not a cheap solution.

Nicole H. Nicole H.

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Work Smarter Not Harder

I use Cleo everyday in my practice. It allows me to keep the tasks straight. Keeps my team on Target and all of my case files in one convenient location. I love that I'm able to access my case files remotely. Saves time when in court having to some through a paper file.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the extensive integrations. It really allows me to utilize technology in my practice reducing the number of hours spent on administrative tasks.

Cons

I do not like that there are no reduced price options for non-lawyers and staff.

Carlee C. Carlee C.

Reviewed on 29/01/2020

Keeping a Busy Lawyer Organized

So far our experience with Clio has been great! I have had no problems that I haven't been able to figure out on my own with a little research, trial and error, or by checking the Clio help functions. And of course any time I have had to call a representative, they have been nothing but helpful and friendly. We still have a little way to go to be using all the functions Clio offers but we know we will get there.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is set up in a way that makes staying organized extremely easy. Once you make a habit out of consistently putting time in and create a routine around that, this program makes keeping track of everything we do extremely efficient, which also means we are keeping better records, and billing more effectively. I like that literally everything we do can be kept in one place.

Cons

The thing I like least about the software is that there of course needs to be time set aside to do some legwork and set up the functions to meet your law firm's needs. An example would be the document templates or the custom templates. These can be time-consuming to get set up but once done, will make things more efficient.

Candace S. Candace S.

Reviewed on 03/08/2019

Since 2012, Clio has been there for me.

I have been using Clio consistently since 2012. First as a sole practitioner and then in a larger firm as a managing attorney and then an owner of the firm. My overall experience is very positive. Throughout the years, I have researched other platforms to confirm that I still wanted to remain with Clio and every time, the decision was made to remain with Clio. I appreciate the consistent growth and expansion of the product offerings. Even though I was a little upset when "Old Clio" retired, I can work with "New Clio." Also, I absolutely love that I can send new hires to the Clio website to train themselves by watching the Clio videos. It saves us in time and ensures the quality of the information being disseminated. Thanks for your product and the dedication to growth.

Pros

Pros: Ease of Use, ability to draft templates.

Cons

Don't really have any cons. I wish the additional licenses were cheaper and that we could buy them as a package. I also wish there was not an additional charge for Lexicata or Clio Grow.

Joseph T. Joseph T.

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Clio is AMAZING (Abacus is Horrible!)

Clio is absolutely GREAT case management software! This is especially clear in light of its competition, Abacus or AbacusNext or AbacusLaw or whatever other evil derivative product they put out there which is all horrible in my experience . Clio is friendly and helpful whereas Abacus in my experiene was literally hostile and purposefully destructive.

Pros

The software works as it should and is great value for the money.

Cons

Uploading files to store on Clio isn't as useful as uploading to a share drive. Its online cloud isn't recognized easily by MS Office suite and for viewing photos, you can't view large icons all at once on Clio as you can on a share drive.

Joseph L. Joseph L.

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Absolutely Essential

As noted above, I essentially run my practice with Clio. The only additional major items of software I use is Quicken for accounting (which I plan to integrate more closely with Clio) and Westlaw for on-line research. Essentially that's it.

Pros

I started my solo practice after spending 15 years at a very large law firm. I was extremely anxious. After comparing to another practice management software product, I chose Clio, and I absolutely made the right choice. Clio has probably been the single most important contributor to my success. It is covers everything I need in terms of time keeping, bill generation, production of documents from templates, and practice management. I could not practice without it. Support is superb.

Cons

I actually found the previous version of Clio a bit easier for me to use, since as a solo practitioner, I don't need as number of the more advanced features of the newer version. Still, I've gotten used to the changes and don't notice them anymore.

Will S. Will S.

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Excellent and affordable option, especially for smaller firms

Very positive, and we look forward to continuing to use the products.

Pros

Great support and excellent cloud-based option at a very reasonable price. Glad to see regular improvements and updates, taking user feedback into account.

Cons

Document and task sharing, as well as email storage could be streamlined. For example, storing the full email file under the communications tab, so that users can respond to emails directly from there when opened. Also, does not print receipts from the transaction tab (you have to create manually first to print).

WORLDOX GX

Reasons for Choosing Clio

Starting a new office and wanted a more cost-effective option that did not require my own server.

Reasons for Switching to Clio

Ease of use, support, and better overall value
Tiffany O. Tiffany O.

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

This is the software to use!

We have been very pleased with Clio's responsiveness when we need help. They are also interested in our suggestions for changes/new options. This software just works -- Of course, there are additional things we'd like to see it do, but Clio is forward-thinking and you can see how much effort they are putting in to make it even better and more useful and helpful to the customer (and their customer's customer).

Pros

Clio is very easy to use and has the best billing software that we have come across.

Cons

I wish there was a way to track and save information for referral sources.