WordPress Reviews

About WordPress

WordPress is an open-source, cloud-based content management system based on PHP and MySQL that helps small to large businesses create, manage and publish content for websites. The customizable solution allows enterprises to use...

4.2
4.1

Browse WordPress Reviews

14,846 of 14,846 reviews
Bhuvnesh
Bhuvnesh

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

Best CMS for creating your Business Online

Pros

Best features are easy to maintain every task in one platform.

Cons

Best part is easy to install and create your Blog.

Mike

Reviewed on 05/04/2024

Easily setup and manage your website

Pros

It's a very robust platform with many years backing up its technology. For everyone seeking to create a nice looking website quite easily, it's definitely worth your time to learn how to use WordPress.

There are tons of plugins that help you easily setup different parts of your website with just a few clicks.

Cons

Not as easy as some of its competitors, especially if you're looking into a very basic website without future content management etc.

Samridh
Samridh
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Wordpress as a Designer/user

It was neutral to positive experience for me using wordpress. Since I have an engineering and programming background I was able to do quite a bit in a short amount of time. It is a great platform to use for someone who is looking to just have a simple website with basic information and nothing complex. I think it is very intuitive and useful for bloggers.

Pros

I used this software to build a website for a Non-Profit foundation for some fundraising events. I got an account with Bluehost server and wordpress was included in it. For someone who has never built a website before, wordpress did make my life very very easy. It has numerous features that can definitely help a novice like me get a basic website up and running. I enjoyed the following things while using this
- Themes
It comes with some basic theme templates which can be used to build the website. Just fill in some information that relates to your website and it will populate it. Think of it as a powerpoint template with boxes and design
- Easy to upload pictures
I was able to create folders and stores pictures on there and name them accordingly so I can go back and use them on different pages.
- Widgets and Plugins
The main attraction for this software platform I believe is their built in widgets and plugins. You can download from so many options. It is kind of like exploring the app store on your phone. Since it is an open source lot of users create their own widgets and plugins which are either free or you can purchase it. Needless to say purchased ones are much better but I got by with all free ones.
- Edit code
yes if you are a very savvy css html developer and you understand the code, you can go in and change their code and make adjustments.
Warning: Don't mess with it if you don't know what you are doing

Cons

The cons that i noticed in my website after it went live was
- Speed
The website was just slow. I am not sure if it is because of the widgets and plugins running on wordpress but I hated the speed.
- Updates could ruin website
Their themes get constantly updated so if you do not update it properly or if the new build released has a bug on it, it could mess up certain things on your website. This happened to many times where the plugins that worked fine on the older build wouldn't work the same on the new.
- Time consuming for beginners
Yeah it's not as simple as I was expecting it to be. I did spend quite an amount of time understanding the features and how to make best use of them. It was a lot of trial and error so be ready to put in some work at least.

Top WordPress Alternatives

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Square Point of Sale

Filip
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Most versatile platform for web design

Crating and publishing content on WordPress is straight forward and easy to learn even if you don't have background in CMS.

Pros

Wordpress is best content management system for small and medium businesses. With open source philosophy plugin options and templates are endless.

Cons

Safety concerns are present because of constant treats but you can minimize it by following security best practices.

Teri

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Long time Wordpress User

I have used Wordpress for over 10 years. It has facilitated me building over 150 websites over the years and had got better and better over the years. With the right theme and plugins the options are endless.

Pros

There are plugins for almost everything, the best ones are paid ones but sometimes you can find a free one that does the job. The fact that it is largely open source means that it moves with the community using it and gets upgraded and checked more than most. Once you know how to use it it is fully customiseable, the options are endless and its easy to deploy and give your users access to it with some training.

Cons

The back end interface can be tricky to teach others how to use. Sometimes solutions that you'd think would be buyilt into the core arent and you have to find a plugin to do it. free plugins arent always as secure as they could be and support can be dropped so i always end up going with Paid options from bigger companies.

Joseph

Reviewed on 26/04/2024

Nganga’s WordPress Insight

Pros

WordPress makes it a breeze to create and design websites.
Content publishing and blog posting are other crucial aspects.

Cons

I acquire everything I yearn for on a daily basis.

Janet

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Quantum leap

Pros

The evolution of Blocks format has brought WordPress up to the expectations set out early in my experience: great looking websites with ease of use. The functionality is there without need to purchase templates for a non-coder (though basic coding skill is very helpful).

Cons

Early in my use of WordPress, training was very piecemeal, and I missed some important factors that would have prevented security problems.

Jeremy

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

Wordpress is the best platform for startups

Houston Web design - Jeremy McGilvrey have more then 1000+ happy customers and all are using wordpress

Pros

We are Huston Web Design- Jeremy McGilvrey and we recommend wordpress to all our new users. Its is easy and best for all new users.

Cons

Plugins - We have to install plugins for all functions like SEO, security, speed, location etc. It makes website's speed littlebit slow.

Stéphanie
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

WordPress review

Pros

The ease of use of the back office. Easy to learn, no need for coding skills

Cons

Little flexibility on the creation of pages, even if many interesting theme exist

Mike

Reviewed on 31/03/2024

The easiest way to setup your site

Pros

The intuitive interface and ease of use make it simple to setup websites in minutes

Cons

Does need troubleshooting between plugins occasionally with conflicts

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 11/05/2019

Excellent for small business owners!

Overall experience was and still is great. I have yet to find another program that can compare.

Pros

I've used Wordpress to build websites for several companies over the last decade and I've always found that the program is always up to date, free of bugs, and customer service has always assisted in a timely manner. The applications that can be used on the platform seem endless and for the DIY'er it simply cant be beat.

Cons

The vast amount of plugins can sometime be a double edged sword in that I can sometimes get lost in which plugins i need or what to use and it can be a bit overwhelming at times. My suggestion would be to research prior to uploading any plugins and have a plan in place to fulfill your needs. Avoid exploring too much, as tempting as it is.

Wix, JoomlaLMS, Weebly and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Wordpress, i felt was more stable and the reviews were much better that the competitors at the time.
Jake
Jake

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

The Best CMS Out There

I would choose no other platform for my website. I've built and managed sites on Wix, Squarespace, Shopify, and more. WordPress is by far the best CSM out there, especially for SEO. That's all our agency uses for our clients' sites. And if they're not on WordPress, we encourage them to migrate.

Pros

The best thing about WordPress is the amount of functionality and control it offers over your website. There's nothing you can't do with it. Since their CMS is an OpenSource platform and the most widely used CMS, just about every host out there can host your WordPress site. On the note of it being OpenSource, you're not bound to the first party features of the CMS like you would be with Wix or Squarespace. You can find a 3rd-party plugin for literally anything you need your site to do without having to have any website development background.

Cons

There is a learning curve to getting started, I'll admit. It takes anyone a decent amount of time to get going on the platform and really understand what they're doing. With that being said, there are tons of resources out there. All it takes is a little time investment to master your WordPress site. If you don't have anyone teach you how to operate the backend of the site, it can seem not very intuitive.

Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

When I first started this marketing agency, I wasn't sure how to get a WordPress site started. As I said, it's not intuitive for newcomers. I knew how to edit and manage a WP site, but I had trouble getting it started. For a quick site launch, I started with Wix. It was a mistake. The responsive elements were terrible and the SEO was worse. Not to mention that Wix sites have trouble getting crawled by third-party crawlers. WordPress was the obvious answer and within 3 months, I made the switch.

Wix

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Squarespace is a good platform. But it isn't scalable like WordPress and isn't the end goal. If I was going to switch from a lesser platform, I might as well get on the best platform and not settle for something of lower quality.
Matt
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

We couldn't live without it in our OU.

Hosting multiple sites on one platform with a single login. Extend our website and webapp functionality with pre-designed plugins. Free and secure updates also make management affordable and easy.

Pros

- Multi tenancy
- Fast and easy updates
- Central management
- Security and auto updates
- Extensive pre-built plugins

Cons

Non standard html code implementation generated due to things like visual studio editor. Loading plugins that aren't needed on every page instead of loading only when the page calls for it.

Drupal and Joomla

Joomla

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

WP is easy to setup and maintain compared to other CMS. The multi site flexibility and thousands of plugins available for free or next to means we don't have to develop from scratch or wish we had features.
Steve
Steve
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Still the best and getting easier

We use WordPress to power a surprising number of content sites, many with more than a thousand articles (the largest site has over 10k total pages). This is a huge blessing from where we were just a few years ago with an expensive, development-heavy, closed-source behemoth.
The one thing we really don't intend to use WordPress for is the e-commerce area. We went with a special-purpose platform for that because we didn't want to cobble-together a ton of WooCommerce plugins.

Pros

We use WordPress for more than ten websites, the top three of which have more than a million visitors per month. So, with the right hosting platform, WordPress can be "enterprise". What I like the most is that we've been able to train more than 50 content producers to easily use the system. There is so much self-help training (just not from WordPress itself, all 3p) out there that you can pretty much teach yourself anything. We especially like the SEO courses that all have modules about WordPress--that's crucial because trying to do SEO yourself, without good tools and processes, is a huge time sink. WordPress has so many plugins that you can find anything almost anything you need.

Cons

The greatest strength, the extensibility through plugins, is also a huge weakness. The "batteries not included" model means that you will spend a lot of time selecting, managing and updating plugins. This is still easier than coding site features yourself, but the all-in-one approach of competitors like Wix or Squarespace is pretty attractive if you don't want to configure a bunch of disparate pieces of software.

Drupal and Joomla

Reasons for Choosing WordPress

Sitecore was just awful. No one but C# developers could use it. Their newest offering, SXA, to visually make pages, was a complete joke. We had to switch.

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

We choose WordPress because it has the richest ecosystem of software and hosting options. We made it customized for our needs with very little expense. Plus, almost every creative agency is able to use it, and that's really helpful for keeping costs low.
Matt
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

Powerful and easy to use

Website builders like Visual Composer make developing UI-advanced websites a piece of cake, even for less tech savvy users. However adding custom CSS and html is also easy , and with Wordpress's modern page builder, the need for other page builders is becoming obsolete. We moved a number of sites over to Wordpress from Drupal, mainly because of the amount of support available through the Wordpress community and the huge amount of customisation potential.

I use wordpress and its plugins for a variety of natures, including business directories (using custom post types), woocommerce stores, training courses (lifterLMS) and live train times (using functions.php to integrate with my own C# software).

Pros

The main advantage of Wordpress is its extensive support and customisation. There are so many themes and plugins that go beyond enhancing the website builder experience. Plugins such as Yoast make it easy to write SEO-friendly content, whilst Wordpress's shortcode functionality makes creating shortcodes a breeze

Cons

Wordpress offers little in the way of responding to low server resource issues. "Error establishing a database connection" is a frequent problem on low powered services, which a mysql restart or server reboot is quick to fix, but unless you host the website yourself, you're dependant on third parties to get you back up and running. Wp-admin access in a low memory, no database envioronment to reboot key services (like the openlitespeed web admin dashboard) would be a great idea.

Geniene
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 24/10/2022

WordPress brings technology to you

When I started with Wordpress back in 2011, I found that I could learn about so many things that didn't make sense before. SEO, Google Analytics and why they were so important to my business. When I started online radio and TV, I began to work with html and some of the backend. I loved being able to update without hesitation when I had changes to make and I didn't have to talk to a programmer who didn't understand what I wanted. Would I change? Not at all. It beat Wix and Site Creator hands down. It also made sense since 90% of the technical world were creating plugins for Wordpress.

Pros

It brings the world of web design into the hands of the entrepreneur and anyone else that wants to get their product or service to the world without spending a fortune to get it there. I love that its easy to use and within hours you can have a website that links to so many places that you are soon up and running. And the help that's available worldwide makes this the product of the century.

Cons

I loved the classic layout and now that Elementor has come out its made it more difficult for someone like me who likes to work in a system where I can see what I am doing simply and easily. So that is one of the things I liked least about the upgrades. But if that's all then it still makes it the best web design software available today. Whatever Gutenberg is that makes avatars for you to ensure that as an author you can have your picture up on the article, its the worst option ever. No one I know even knows how to work that system and I hope one day they just have an option to put your picture in a circle and add it to the article as an author.

Wix Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to WordPress

Wix just didn't have the options Wordpress had worldwide.
Dianne
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

Wordpress is perfect for your first website

Overall, I am going to put a lot more effort into learning in-depth learning of module development, and custom field design and display. I am also excited about the Gutenberg new connection, and perhaps because I don't have a lot of old Wordpress site, it will be easier for me to take advantage of this new direction.

Pros

I returned to Wordpress after a break of about 10 years, and was pleasantly surprised to see just how far the software had come. The early "blog" has evolved into a framework that I can build smaller sites quickly and easily, with all the sophisticated graphics and mobile-friendly design features that take hours to programme manually. In particular the choice of themes is impressive, and the top themes have free versions that are more than adequate for many small entrepreneurs. The page builders allows some sophisticated designs, especially for one-page websites.

Probably the most important benefit is how easy the initial installation is, and how easy one can migrate form a production server to the final host. This is not easy on most frameworks, as there is often a change of platform.

Cons

The constant updating of plugins is tiring, although well handled. I have had a few issues with the sites not switching out of maintenance mode (you have to check every time).

I find hunting down the right plugin a nuisance - so many are weak and it is only after installing them you realise. Some leave behind "junk" files and database entries, that are then carried over forever. I would like to have a little more reporting and display flexibility, without having to use Pods (very manual) or a paid plugin for database fields.

Perhaps the most irritating thing that would be VERY easy to change - on the plugin downloads page, when you do a search the items don't have an order - it would be nice to be able to get the most popular downloads first - I keep getting offered plugins that are brand new or almost unused first. Finally after 3 pages I find one of the most popular plugins for doing this particular task.

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

WordPress

WordPress is a good tool. It is the right tool for beginners, since it is a very easy and simple one to use if trying to build a basic website and/or blog. However, if you want to customize your website/blog, make it more complex and sophisticated, its necessary for you to know coding. Wordpress is a great place to use to create and run your blogs; and isn't a very great tool (may be complicated) to use for other purposes

Installing add-ons and plugins is absolutely necessary for security and other purposes; however, the installation process may crash your website, so backing it up is very important.

Pros

- easy to install (unlike Drupal, which was a HUGE headache to get on my computer)
- it is an easy to use tool for someone who has no tech background and wants to build a blog from scratch
- many different design template to choose from
- many different plugins and add-ons available
- an easy way to build a mobile friendly website (all design are responsive, which is a very important feature these days)
- its an open source software
- SEO features are great!
- its free!
- as far as I know, WordPress is the biggest blogging community, and it keeps growing and improving

Cons

- managing plugins is a learning curve
- you have to keep up with Wordpress updates; and their installation is time consuming and can mess up the website you already have, which can become a major issue!
- a very poor security (I always get so much spam in my WordPress blog)
- its an open source tool (which is also a downside of it; since it WordPress blogs, website are the most common targets for hackers)
- their design templates have very limited customization options. And if you want to customize anything, you need to get to it from the back-end and code, which isn't a feasible option for many of us
- you are in charge of your website and you are on your own. If you have an issue, you are the one to fix it. It most of the cases, coding is a way to fix things, and if you don't have coding background, you are in trouble.
- since it has intiially been designed as a blogging platform, the content model is restrictive. And then again, if you want to make any changes to it, you need to know coding.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

The best option for any web development project

I personally prefer WordPress.org for all my web development needs. Not only is the installation quick and painless, but the level of control is exactly what I like to ave (and what my web development clients like to take with them). WordPress installations are also easily migrated, so it's easy to develop a website in a test environment before launching it publicly on a live domain. Overall, the amount of time saved compared to hand-coding an entire website is invaluable!

Pros

WordPress.com offers a simple setup process and allows you to focus on your website's contents; without having to worry at all about managing a host server, performing regular backups and maintenance, implementing and monitoring security measures, etc. WordPress handles all the technical heavy lifting for you for peace of mind.

For the most tech savvy, WordPress.org offers an independent installation of the content management system so you can implement it on your own custom domain and web hosting account/server. While offering a much more powerful implementation that also allows for in-depth customization by the user(s), there are "easy install" options offered on many hosting providers to allow for a speedier installation process of the WordPress.org platform.

Various free and pay-for third party plugins are available for just about any feature or capability you wish to add or improve to your WordPress installation (front-end or back-end). A limited set of plugins and themes are available to WordPress.com users, but the entire catalog of plugins and themes is available to WordPress.org users and all are easy to install and maintain (though usability may vary in ease of use).

Cons

WordPress.com does not allow for full control by the user(s). However, this is done for reliable uptime and security of your website.

WordPress.org does require a higher level of comfortability using a cloud-based resources. With that said though, posting/editing posts and pages is no more difficult than using a local installation of Microsoft Word on your computer, or a cloud based word processing tool like G Suite/Google Docs. I do recommend at least one user have somewhat of a deeper understanding of web development, web hosting, HTML/CSS, etc. While these skills are not necessary, they can be very beneficial in certain circumstances.

Nigel Masimba
Nigel Masimba

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

The WordPress Community Makes it the Best CMS

I've been using WordPress since 2016 and it has been an amazing journey. An important note to make is the difference between WordPress the software ( wordpress.org or dotorg) and WordPress the hosting service ( wordpress.com or dotcom ). Dot org is the project website where you can download the WordPress software to install on any hosting provider of your choice ( apart from wordpress.com ). Dotcom is a hosting service provider that is run Automattic, the company of WordPress project co-founder.

I've had an overall positive experience with WordPress even though it has hit a few speed bumps in the past year, mainly due to the project to introduce a new editing interface. The new WordPress editor has caused a lot of conflict within the WordPress community however, I believe the new editor will ensure WordPress' relevance in future.

I highly recommend WordPress for almost every website on the internet. if someone argue against it due to a proprietary system, I would suggest a headless setup where WordPress only handles the display of data, while a proprietary system handles the manipulation of data.

Pros

The most important thing about WordPress is the community! People who are passionate about WordPress have formed a vast network of online communities that communicate online and also meetup regularly in person. The WordPress community gives members support, training, and motivation.

WordPress has a low barrier to entry. No matter your skill level or goals WordPress has an entry point for everyone. WordPress has the slogan "Code is Poetry", which can be interpreted as meaning that code is beautiful to everyone in different ways. Whether you're a beginner, writer, web developer, or advanced coder you can use WordPress to achieve your goals at or beyond your initial skill level with relative ease.

WordPress is highly flexible thanks to its theme and plugin system. Plugins allow you to add custom functionality to a website. You can download free plugins from the WordPress repository or get advanced premium plugins with all the bells and whistles you need. Themes allow you to change the appearance of a site. There are thousands of free, awesome WordPress themes, as well as paid themes that add extra finesse to the design of websites.

WordPress is free. The basic WordPress software is free to download and do whatever you want with it. For services like domains, hosting, or additional functionality you may still have to pay, depending on the service provider.

Cons

Unless someone built a website for you, you have to manage WordPress on your own. This can be challenging when you want to perform the core functions of your business and maintain a website as well. Adding customization can also be challenging however, WordPress is less challenging than most of its competitors.

WordPress has a lot of unnecessary legacy bloat. It often maintains support for outdated software to ensure backwards compatibility. This isn't a problem for ordinary users however, it can be challenging for developers who are new to WordPress.

WordPress requires regular updates of themes, plugins an WordPress itself. This can be a nuisance. You can automate the updates but this adds the risk of site downtime in the event of incompatible third-party updates.

While WordPress typically very secure vulnerabilities are sometimes revealed in the WordPress core code or third-party add-ons. Patches are usually added quickly, though. Some may prefer proprietary systems where vulnerabilities are not available to the general public.

In December 2019 a major update to WordPress was released along with version 5.0, which caused a bit of turmoil within the ecosystem. While I believe the update will benefit WordPress in the long run, there has been a lot of discussion as to whether the update was executed well or if at all was necessary. The conflict revolves around the introduction of a new editor sometimes called the Gutenberg editor. You may want to look it up.

Zee
Zee

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

My favorite tool for creating websites

I love it. As a non-coder, but at the same time, a person who deals with websites a lot, I like WordPress because it allows me to meet the needs in terms of marketing.

Pros

I have been working with WordPress for years now. My own personal blog is over 10 years old.

I love WordPress for its ultimate versatility and user-friendliness. I've created several sites for various companies using WordPress.org and it has been super-easy to maintain them.

I have used both WordPress.com and WordPress.org, and they are both great (I do prefer the .org one since it gives the opportunity to import custom plugins and themes).

Most of the themes offer a drag-n-drop design option which is convenient for those who need a website but don't know how to code.

The SEO is also great with plugins such as YOAST and others.

Cons

Sometimes when the platform version updates, you need to be careful with updating your website because it might crash. I have had that happen a few times and it was a stressful time. Thankfully I had backups.

Therefore, beware of those updates - whether it's your theme, or WordPress itself, or your plugins. ALWAYS have the backup. (That's good in any case.)

Wix, Squarespace and Weebly
Ethan
Ethan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Wordpress can do just about everything you could ever want a content manager to do!

I have created many websites for my self and clients with WordPress. Its great for getting potential clients to take the plunge into conducting business online who have no idea how to get started or any experience with internet marketing. Being able to assure a potential client that they will be able to easily update their websites with little to no assistance beyond creating the original site setup. People love the simplicity of it all and that helps me sell more often and more successfully to people who fear the complexity of online marketing but want to try it out.

Pros

I love that you can use WordPress to accomplish almost anything related to building a website. Word press is a program that can out of the box build a fully function website or be modified to accomplish most tasks you normally have to spend time writing line after line of code. Its great having a program the you can acquire and use for free or nearly free that can do so much. Once you setup how you want WordPress to display your website you can easily create new content for your website with no more than few clicks. You can rearrange elements on your website with something as simple as drag and dropping if you want to. WordPress takes what would be hours of coding and cuts it down to minutes, but what really makes WordPress stand out is how easy it is to add functionality with plugins. It is so simple that to add a plugin you merely have to go to the plugin section that you can find right on the dashboard main screen and type what ever you are looking for into a search bar and then its as simple as picking what plugin bets meets your needs and there are literally 1000s plugins that you can choose from for any given need you my find your self wanting fulfilled.

Cons

I am freelance Web Developer and from my perspective WordPress is probably the most changeable and easy to personalize program available for free that is easy to learn how to use, but if I had to say something negative the only thing I can say really is that on its own it can feel limited but like I said before. You can easily change how WordPress works by customizing with plugins that you can install will no more than a few clicks a little time spend familiarizing your self with how the plugin works. So even though WordPress may be limited to start with you can easily fix that by spend a few minutes adding the plugins you need.

Souhil
Souhil
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

Most popular way to build your website or blog

It helped me a lot when I start creating my own online store and I saved a lot of time and money using WordPress.

and after all, you don't need to put a lot of effort to create and manage your website you just need some time to learn the basics and you are good to go.

Pros

I like it because it allows me to build a website for free and yes it's 100% free, unlike other website builders in the market.

It's effortless to use, and the user interface is amicable and easy to use without any web designing or coding background also, It's open-source.

WordPress themes are amazing because they are very flexible and I can add or remove anything with just simple clicks.

I start using WordPress to build my online store a few years ago, and I didn't have any knowledge on how to use it but, with simple research on the internet I found a step by step guide and I build my online store in a few days without any problems, and I was amazed how everything works and how fast the website load.

with time I found WordPress offers a lot of plugins and one of them was Woocommerce and I start using it with WordPress and I was very happy with the final results because I had everything I wanted in my website (online store).

I like how I'm allowed to customize everything and how I have complete control of my website.

also, I like the idea of how I can move my Website to any hosting company or change the domain name without any problem.

I like the integrations available on WordPress especially for the payment options, Email marketing tools, SEO tools...etc.

Cons

If you have full control this means you are responsible for the security of your own website, installing updates, saving backups, and this for some people will be very hard to manage.

It takes some time to build your own website because WordPress doesn't come with a drag and drop option like some other website builders.

but, after all, you don't need to put a lot of effort to create and manage your website you just need some time to learn the basics and you are good to go.

Solly

Reviewed on 09/10/2022

My Experience with WordPress

Pros

Impactful features include social network compatibility, search engine optimization, customization options, page style, support and update feature, and responsive website design. It is easy to manage. Actually, it is designed for non-technical people. The integration with existing business processes is very easy.

Cons

Wordpress has been my blogging and business platform for the past few years. Given that it is the most popular platform for web design, I frequently suggest it to friends and coworkers. While providing extensive customization for individuals who are quite informed about web design, it is straightforward and simple to navigate for others who are less experienced. You can use one of the many pre-designed templates available for your design. Additionally, as you transition from one template to another, your content is immediately transferred from one design to another, saving you from having to enter everything again.Many hosting providers offer one-click installations to make things simple to use. Although Drupal and Joomla are PHP-based CMS that have a lot more features, they have required a migration to move from one Major release to the next. For businesses with smaller IT staffs and/or budgets, this is a substantial strain to manage.
You must take great care to keep WordPress updated and safe because it is a tempting target for hackers. Plugins can help you with this, which is a good thing. A plugin can be created by anyone and posted to the marketplace. This could be used by some nefarious individuals to create a plugin with a backdoor. Installing third-party plugins requires extra caution if you want to avoid this kind of security problem.

Mohan Manohar
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 04/04/2023

Simplify Your Website with WordPress

With large amount of themes, plugins and customisable options one can create a great website with some layman's knowledge of website creation. Users can edit header, function, footer, sidebar php files from back end or from cPanel to make website a completely great in appearances. It provides some of most SEO friendly features such as customisable permalinks, tags, headings, ability to add meta tags into header php files and adding easily to google search by installing google plugins from WordPressd.

Pros

its user friendly interface, amount of customisation options, in built search engine optimisation options, various plugins available for each and every customisations, it has large community to help you out, inbuilt sitemap, mobile responsive, and with wordPress you can built a small blog as well as large ecommerce website.

Cons

Due to its popularity it is most of times darling of hackers and from time to time they try to hack it but its large user community always provide useful and faster help to solve all of these security concerns. due to its constant updates many popular plugins becomes obsolete. It is highly customisable but still it needs certain level of degree of expertise. Many a times some themes becomes heavy and it tends to slow down website and for this you need to reduce use of plugins, heavier theme, imae optimisation and hosting and change of hosting.