Windward System Five Reviews

About Windward System Five

Windward Software's Windward System Five helps small to midsize businesses manage their operations by providing an integrated point of sale and accounting solution with real-time inventory management. Windward System Five is a...

3.6
3.7

Browse Windward System Five Reviews

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

Highly customizable software that you can really tailor to your business for an affordable...

Reduced IT costs, Improved staff experience and greater overall efficiency of our business practices.

Pros

I give this review after having tried many different software packages over the last 15 years. Some costing x10 the price of Windard, some costing x10 less.

What I'm left with over these years is perspective, and that perspective was hard earned.

You will not find a more complete point of sale, inventory control, accounting, crm, etc. for this price range.

With the ability to fine tune it to your exact business needs, it's easiest to configure, maintain and operate...especially compared to the "enterprise" software world where your eyes will water from pricing.

Its got lightning fastest Point of sale with the absolute best part find search tool I can recall using. The special order management is the best complete solution from any I've tried.

If your serious about your Business, you should consider Windard. I honestly think that in the long run it has improved our business, staff and bottom dollar.

Cons

There is no such thing as perfect software.

With that being said, there are issues...but then it's technology. You have to considering that it is a highly customizable product that able to serve an amazing range of business types with thousands of options.

What Windward has that sets it apart is a fantastic support team with Canadian staff and an out-of-country team that is admittingly fantastic...probably the best off-shore support that I have ever experienced in IT. Tech support is typically same day, commonly instant or within a few hours of placing a call. If you have an urgent problem, they will find someone for you RIGHT NOW.

If you have problems using Windward software...you will most probably have problems using another piece of software. The key with any software, especially if you are new to it, is to have patience and use every opportunity to learn.

Response from Windward Software

Mark, thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback on your experience with Windward System Five. We're thrilled that you are very satisfied with our software!

As you identify in your review, Windward Software is committed to continuously improving our business management solutions such that we may continue to offer the most user-friendly, yet comprehensive functionality available.

Edith

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

Yes you can enter the computer age!

Pros

My existing business had an old time cash register when I purchased it. At the beginning 12+ years ago it worked ok for me. But over the years as prices rose. I had no way of knowing at a glance what I paid for an item and what I should be selling it for. I was losing money! I was familiar with another accounting system but it required extensive time at home each night entering hand written A/R bills and daily till totals into its system so I could bill customers. I had heard of Windward several years prior but just didn't think I could afford it. A new employee who had experience with other systems encouraged me to purchase. Implementation was so much work because I didn't have any inventory computerized. No lists and I jumped in in the middle of a month and a fiscal year. I was going to finance the purchase over 2 years but decided to put it on my line of credit. I paid it and my new equipment off in 6 months! I have now used the software for 7 years and am very happy with it. It has saved me about $2000.00/year in accountant fees. Love the fact that all monthly Provincial and Federal sales tax reports are easily paid. It has an employee section with payroll etc. So easy to upload inventory that is new from an excel spreadsheet.

Cons

Inventory from multiple suppliers with barcodes have to be entered in as coming from one main supplier with all other suppliers entered in as alternates. The barcode can't have any supplier attached to it or my computer makes a loud beep. I purchase by item # not by barcodes. I wish the system would let you enter item #'s from each supplier with the corresponding barcode even if it is also the same barcode for another supplier. I am not always aware that the product coming from one supplier is already in my system under a different supplier.

Response from Windward Software

Thanks Edith,
We're glad that you've gotten so much value out of the software! You might benefit from a Business Efficiency Check-In since you've been with us so long. It is a paid service where we review how you're using the software and if there's anything that's changed since you started. Well worth it, especially if we find a few more things that could save you time and money. Talk to your account manager to get started. Thanks again!

Replied 09/08/2022
Zoe

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

I wish I never heard of Windward Software

Our overall experience was extremely poor and detrimental to our business. All our staff were frustrated ( I nearly lost staff), some customers were frustrated, we invested so much money, and have in turn lost so much money. Oh and did I mention the time invested. All that time I spent, all a waste, the time my staff spent which I paid for, such a waste. So much stress that my whole team went through only to end up worse off.

Before we went live, in my gut I had doubts due to my experience with Windward staff in the lead up transition period. But unfortunately I have faith in people, and faith that people tell the truth, and they assured me that the Windward System 5 was an investment in my business- to have confidence, to go live and realise the benefit. Oh so wrong. The system just plain and simple had so many glitches and caused more harm than good to my business. Once live, it just got worse and worse. In hindsight, I should have listened to my gut in implementation, written the money invested off as a bad business decision and aborted. By pushing on, I cost my business so much more, and then blindly I stayed for the full 60 days as required by the refund clause, further harming my business, only to be told they were not giving me a refund anyway.

Also if you are in a different timezone, that is another thing to be wary of. When I signed up they promised local support as they had two people in Australia. But these staff left and no one replaced them.

Pros

We are a retail shop with a mechanic workshop out the back. The special order process was a positive, but unfortunately when you think of all the difficulties, costs and time loss from the rest of the system I can't go so far as to say it is a pro.

The idea of the detailed security and reports options is good, but due to extensive glitches never realized any benefits. Unfortunately the reports and exports were missing data, which meant reconciliation was problematic, and the security just caused glitches and locked my staff out of the system. Due to this, the amount of bookwork to fix the mess is just huge, this system is continuing to cost me in staff costs and time even though I have left Windward.

Ultimately this POS system was one of the worst business decisions I have ever made and I do not recommend it all.

Cons

The implementation is long and tedious. We worked hard with 'technicians' to ensure quality data was loaded. We had 5 different implementation technicians as 2 left the company, one they allocated to us didn't suit the timezone, one provided intermittent help, & one was finally helpful. Windward waived some licencing fees to compensate for lack of support as we were paying for a licence we could not use. Windward then deleted all my data and we had to start again. The daily technical staff in are in a Philippines call centre, they failed to fix most issues. Due system glitches we had no choice but to leave despite due to it harming our business. A huge amount of funds and time invested. Windaward refused to provide refund despite us doing the mandatory 60 days. Glitches include BUT WERE NOT LIMITED TO: mixing up data across customer records showing machines that belonged to other customers on accounts (nothing to with our data); showing bills and outstanding amounts for other customers on accounts; continuously locking our staff out; full system outage; slowing down sales; daily sales reports inaccurate; export reports missing data. Windaward technicians use a licence you have paid for to investigate their system's issues further undermining your business as you've less workstations. We wired the internet throughout our shop as they suggested, this resolved no issues. We found usability to be poor, search functionality poor, & it would take us many steps to do basic things.

Top Windward System Five Alternatives

Lightspeed Restaurant

QuickBooks Enterprise

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Kelly
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

We've been with Windward since 1994, recent years Windward has really stepped up to the plate...

One of the most recent benefits is the available training in many different areas of the Windward software program. This is an incredible asset to streamlining and improving day to day business practices for us. When we find out things the program can do for us that for years has just been sitting there not being used, we're like a kid in a candy shop....Excited...Wow!!

Pros

Over the years there have been many areas of the program that we never took advantage of. One of the greatest things is with all the recent available training on and off line it has allowed us to find these nuggets that have helped us tremendously to make processes within our business so much easier. This had to be one of the best implementations that Windward has made, keep the training coming!!

Cons

The one thing we dislike about the program are updates. We get very nervous! A few years ago we did an update and it totally messed up the whole program. We had to work offline (paper work) for more than 3 weeks, which was a nightmare after the fact. Though Windward programmers worked for over 6 months to find a fix, they never ever did. So here 5 or 6 years later our Point of Sales Transaction Report figures are still unusable. We recently updated Pervasive and were told it should really speed up the program. Unfortunately it didn't, actually saw absolutely no difference even though it had been several years since we'd done an update, so are looking at other areas now.

Marie
Marie

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

This softwear has made our business extremely essential to operate.

the main function of our business, our retail set up revolves around the software making it easy to operate day to week, to month to yearly. it has been absolutely essential. recording & keeping track of everything form our substantial amount of inventory, along with accounting, reports, staff, ect. our main source of operations for sure. :)

Pros

that is is absolutely fluent in keeping all of our information organized & keeps me able to do my job as a 1 woman Owner/Operator. without this softwear we would not have been able to stay open for the past 11 years without the ease of Windward System 5, for my retail business.

Cons

for us a small retail shop, the maintenance & updating costs are quite high & out of our price range on a year to year basis.

Response from Windward Software

Hi Marie, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback relating to your experience with Windward System Five. We're very happy to see that it's significantly helping the operation of your business!

With regard to maintenance & updating, please contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750, at your convenience, to discuss options to determine the most cost-effective solution. For example, it may be optimal to transfer to Windward System Five on Cloud, which includes automatic data backups and installation of updates and does not require your business to use a server.

Ketan
Ketan

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

it has been great and have found it very user friendly and easy to use

more up to date information and tracking of items with serial numbers, it was easy to set in place policies and see where we lacked and brought in a lot of controls in the company

Pros

the software is easy to use and customizable. we have found a it works well and have not had too many problems. there are a lot of options in the setup and we are able to change if it does not work. the implementation staff was great and the support is great. when ever I have contacted support they responded very quickly and the webinars have helped make the software better

Cons

it takes a long time to get a feature added and a lot of pestering, there are a few things in the software that does not make sense with the labels

Response from Windward Software

Hi Ketan -- thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Great to hear that you're pleased with Windward System Five, our Implementation Team, and weekly webinars.

In terms of custom feature development, we record all requests and work diligently to include this functionality (when possible) in subsequent product releases. To learn more about upcoming System Five features, please contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750.

Replied 14/11/2017

Reviewed on 11/11/2017

Lots of great features but maybe too many for a small business

We can now track customer purchases more easily. Inventory control is faster and easier than before.

Pros

This program has a lot of features, many of which speed up the tasks we perform daily. Tracking our customers is now fairly easy. Most of the system is Excel compatible which makes invoices and other documents easy to export. Windward's tech support is very friendly and accommodating.

Cons

As useful as this software is I still find simple tasks that it cannot perform. I have made at least four requests of tech support concerning software functionality that resulted in an answer of "the software can't do that" (and my requests were far from complicated). It's as if the software is so good at doing a million different tasks that it wasn't built to do the simplest ones.

Ed
Ed

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

Wondward Software is taking us to the next level of POS sales, service & support.

An All in One Sales, Customer tracking, Promo & follow up, Bookkeeping & Accounting Software With Great Support.

Pros

Back office accounting is saving us money by tracking inventory vs sales, as well as less cost with accounting fees by running an all inclusive bookkeeping/accounting program.

Cons

The occasional glitches, after each windows update, with form display screens freezing up the software.

Response from Windward Software

Thank you, Ed, for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and for your positive comments: much appreciated!

We are committed to ensuring that Windward System Five is 100% seamless in operation with all future Windows releases. That said, if you experience any issues please contact our Customer Support Team at any time for assistance: +1 (800) 663-5750.

Replied 07/11/2017
Ken
Ken

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

overall pretty good. As good as others in the market

Pros

POS screen is very easy for staff to learn. Transactions easy to process.
Lots of reports available

Cons

Update to windows 10 a costly extra. Payroll function lacking. Designing forms takes a lot of work,

Response from Windward Software

Hi Ken -- thank you for providing your feedback relating to your experience with Windward System Five.

We're happy to hear that you are pleased with System Five's level of functionality. In terms of the Payroll module, we encourage you to contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750 to become registered for The Windward Learning Academy. This easy-to-use, yet comprehensive online training resource will provide everything you need to know about efficiently using our Payroll module, designing forms, and other system functions.

Reviewed on 08/11/2017

Overall this software has a lot of capabilities that integrate easily into our company.

It saves me time. We used to run and inventory program, a bookkeeping program and an ecommerce program. It combined these 3 programs into one.

Pros

That it is easy to train our employees on. Great help videos! I really like their integrated ecommerce. It is nice to update one price in our system and to have that price automatically updated on our website.

Cons

Not so great for my outside sales staff. We run their WEAR program for our outside staff. It tends to have errors as it is similar to running just a backup version. I also wish that their ecommerce did not run in HTML only

TODD

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Windward and You. The tutorial.

We have solved issues with double ordering Special Orders, have streamlined Purchase Orders, Receiving, Price Changes, Showroom tag printing.
I am able to compile reports simply, where it use to take days.
Taking inventory is so much faster using data collectors and being able to import the files.

Pros

Our old system was very outdated and Windward has made it so much simpler and quicker to get our monthly/quarterly reports. Integration between order taking and purchasing has helped speed up the ordering process & stop mistakes being made. Love the virtual warehouse option.

Cons

What i feel is missing is:
1. Freeform 1 & 2 can be data loaded in. Freeform 1 can be on a report, but Freeform 2 can not.
2. Sales/Upsell warnings can be on a report, but not data loaded.
3. Purchase warnings can be data loaded, but not put on a report.
(Invoice Warnings can be data loaded & put on a report)
4. There is no where to search "Non-Stock Special Orders" by number or supplier in history.
5. A report that can show me all items sold per book month with the following parameters.
sales clerk name, Invoice #, Date of sale, Customer name, Qty, Item #, Price ea., & Price total.
A report that will pull ALL items. (stock, Non-stock).
Currently i have to use 2 different reports, export to excel, and then combine them to create the report i need to send to suppliers for their sales incentives (spiffs). Granted this is alot better than the old computer system, but still takes longer than it should.

side note: i have seen and experienced so far that if someone requests an addition, that the programs will do ONLY what was asked for. Example: you were asked to increase item #'s and part #'s to 50 characters. That was done, but they didnt change non-stock special orders where you have to manually type in the characters. When i caught this problem and brought it up to tech and the programers, the response was " they didnt ask for that to be done" and "it is what it is". Same with items i listed. can data load, but not put on reports.

Response from Windward Software

Hi Todd,

Thanks for taking the time to write this! Other lighting showrooms that may be considering Windward will find this helpful.

As for your reporting concerns, we may be able to help through a project plan from the professional services catalog which would be a great place to start to explore existing functionality. https://www.windwardsoftware.com/resources/professional-services.html

There is also the option to do some custom programming if you have requirements that cannot be handled by the current reporting tools.

We are looking forward to many more years of service to Grand Rapids Lighting.

Thanks again Todd!

Replied 03/04/2021
Jim

Reviewed on 30/01/2017

Windward- Success for Power Equipment, Construction Supplies and Rental

We have been using System 5 since 2003. The system has scaled to our operation as we grow. The accounting side is robust and handles all our AP- AR- and General Ledger needs. Purchasing is fully automated. Billing customers can be fully modified with "Types" and "subTypes" to keep the status of orders updated and classified. Our inventory and product locations have been controlled and managed with the Advanced Inventory Control. The system is constantly being improved with fixes and new features multiple times per month. The database is rock solid. After 14 years, we never have had data corruption requiring the loading of a backup. All our employees depend on the info from system 5 to make decisions and give customers information. The ability to customize and provide information to users is endless and grows each year. We have used the barcode function and have 40,000 SKUs barcoded and labeled. We have even barcoded our rental equipment. We rely on this system for everything and for 14 years it has been bulletproof. Because we sell, service and rent serialized equipment, the "UNIT" way of handling things is great. Provides cost, service and income information.

Pros

We could not run our business without the information and order that the system provides!
1. Ease of use- Everything is in one program
2. Total integration- We don't need to transfer data to another program like QuickBooks
3. Strong Accounting, Control, and reports- Ability to customize GL and P&L format and multiple years.
4. Hundreds of pre-built Reports- We rarely do custom
5. Ability to create custom reports
6. Barcoding and Barcode printing- Couldn't live without it
7. Integrated Credit card Processing-Vantiv- Saves errors and time
8. Moves easily from desktop to desktop - configures easily when replacing stations
9. Weekly online training to learn features.
10 Responsive support staff who find the answers to any questions.
11. Ability to attach pictures and documents.
12. Unit history on serialized items.
13. Automated output of data, pictures pricing and descriptions to our Website

Cons

Probably not really a con But there are so many features available, it take some time to learn and put them into daily practice. The rest are just enhancements we'd like to see !! First, We would like to see the RMA system simplified. Second, we would like to see the E-commerce platform developed more. We are using it now for our website, but we would like to see more features and search options. Third, we would like to see the Timecard function developed and enhanced. Fourth, we would like to see the offering of more credit card processing options. Fifth, we would like the ability to attach PDF's to items, instead of JPG. But all in all, the system works really well!

Pete

Reviewed on 17/02/2017

This is NOT a Rental Software

We were running a good rental software program when we were approached by a Windward Software salesman who convinced us that we should give Windward a try. The salesman made us all kinds of promises, which we found out later were not all true. For example: don't believe it if
they tell you that they migrate your data, we ended up doing this all ourselves. On the surface, the Windward Program seemed to be a good rental system. It had a good inventory based set-up, We ended up repeatedly having this incomplete transaction screen popup. When we called for tech support to fix this problem, they would tell us to fix it ourselves, either by editing a single transaction or by p.o.s. This proved to be very difficult, and very time consuming. A program should never do this every day, and if it does the company should take responsibility to fix it, not the customer. This was the most unstable program from any we have used. We spent many days without our program working, due to their unreliable techs. This program was a nightmare for our accounting department. The accounting department had their workload tripled, due to the fact that the daily closing reports were not correct. We ended up creating a worksheet of every transaction for the closing period and transferring the data to make our journal entries for the day. In most cases their accounting techs didn't know what they were talking about, they never really fixed our problems, but instead told us, just reverse the transaction and do it again, the paper work piled up so much that we had to give an employee some time off for stress leave. This software would be a good inventory or p.o.s system , but it's definitely not designed for a rental or accounting system. All they did is add a rental module to an existing point of sale system, if you rented only 1 or 2 machines a day it would probably work, but if your main business is rentals, you would not want this system

Pros

This software would be a good inventory or p.o.s system

Cons

it's definitely not designed for a rental or accounting system

Ian

Reviewed on 26/09/2017

I have a 8 user licence. Many bugs and some functionality falls short. As if they did not...

Read all the reviews. This software could really be good if it was finished strong and some further thought was applied to the processes. It seems 80% complete with shortfalls in many areas. Financials are just not suitable for our size of business. It takes 4x the amount of time to complete a task compared to QB. My accountants find this aspect frustrating. They really should offer an integration with QB for those who want it. It feels like they are trying to cover too much in this software. I have some tickets on issues and bugs for over 3 months now and they still have not been completed. Of what I know now, I would not have purchased this software. I am looking for alternate software.

Pros

The sales aspect is good. POS is acceptable. Easy to find a product and sell it. Kits work well. Reporting is somewhat good. Support tries to resolve issues.

Cons

Financials - If you are serious about your business, this is not for you. It is not comparable to Quick books. They have flatly refused to integrate with QB. Their financial side scores a 1/10. The Multi currency module is full of promise but has many problems and bugs like display and operational issues. You have to be very careful when dealing with multi-currency. Procurement is quite basic and could have been thought through more. No real science or maths behind ordering so you better know your high, lows, trends etc. Some aspects are good but fall short in some areas. They state they are PCI compliant but fall short on monthly account payments. There is a work around but wastes time. If you do job cards or outwork, this is a challenge and you have to invent your own internal systems. Not sure on stock value integrity? Stock take process could have some enhancements to make it quicker for the user.

Adirna
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

Inventory Management

This software is actually causing us more work than it is relieving. We are having to manually check a lot of our inventory as we cannot trust the system to track it effectively.

Pros

The upfront interface is easy to follow.

Cons

Once we moved to the cloud the program became very unstable. Everyone is running a different version. It seems that you only get to upgrade to a new version if you complain about functionality not working. It is slower than a server version as you are logging onto their remote server. Running reports has become cumbersome as you have to run on their remote desktop and copy to your own. We have had issues with inventory which is a critical part of our business. It can take them up to 2 weeks to get critical fixes completed or for you do discuss with a developer because tech support can't help you.

Response from Windward Software

Thanks for the feedback Adirna. All Cloud customers are eligible for our new releases as they occur. You can request an update by contacting support. Please reach out to your Account Manager for your speed concerns. We have some new reporting modules that may help with your speed concerns. We can also review your cloud setup.

Replied 08/08/2022
Julie
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Windward System Five

With Windward we are able to use the reports to budget for the future, look at our sales history per customer, get customer reports that we need.

Pros

I like the ease of being able to run our day to day business. We use the software all day every day. The ease of checking our inventory is terrific. Setting up a new customer is very easy. The system is very easy to use.

Moving the data from our old system to Windward was very easy. We were able to import with very little mistakes.

Cons

I really don't have any cons with the software except that it is sometimes hard to set up new reports that we would like to download.

Some times the help feature is not very specific for the reports that I need

Grant

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

Good POS Order Management Software

Very happy with the software. They worked with me in implementing and transferring our data with only a few hickups.

Pros

Order Management, POS, Inventory Tracking.

Cons

Not as customizable as I would like. Email feature lacks templates for the email body of the message when sending statements in bulk. Could have a better more customizable email feature for invoices and statements.

Fishbowl

Reasons for Choosing Windward System Five

Windward has superior order management.

Reasons for Switching to Windward System Five

Better developed product and support.
RALPH

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Customizable to a variety of business types. Fairly easy to use and learn the basics.

One software that we can use for the front end of the business and the back.

Pros

I like being able to customize buttons at the cash registers and change them seasonally as we are a garden center and our products do change drastically with the seasons.
Customer support is always very helpful and has fixed most issues that I have had in the past.
We make our nursery signs, labels, and a variety of different types of price tags within System Five. No need for another program as we did need one in the past.
I have not used them yet but having webinars and a learning area available to us is an excellent way to get more out of our software.

Cons

Customer tech support is very good, however I think that it is a bit expensive annually.
The label and form designers work but do not seem to be what you see is what you get. It takes a little finessing to create a label that fits your media properly.

jody

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

windward system 5

Overall system 5 is an end to end solution which we count on to mange our business. We would like to see regular scheduled maintaince as part of our annual subscription plan. We have invested heavily in to the software on the years and would.lien to feel we can get value added serviced included.

Pros

The software is an end to end solution for our business - we like this alot.
This last year the software has slowed down which has created inefficiencies.

Cons

The software performance has dropped as we add more users and increase the date base.

The length of time it takes to book appointments has been increasing over the last two years

Bart

Reviewed on 28/10/2017

easy to use as you learn one area at a time

Inventory management, historical data for customers, professional POS, and financial history and tracking all in one place , and working together.

Pros

all encompassing full service software for the business starting from the POS, inventory tracking, customer history tracking, book keeping etc.

Cons

help guide sometimes makes it difficult to find what you need to do to get the info you want, getting the terminology or areas to look correct first.

Response from Windward Software

Hi, Bart. Thanks very much for taking the time to provide your feedback with regards to Windward System Five. Great to hear that you're finding our suite of functionality to be useful for your business.

May we please encourage you to contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750 to inquire about becoming registered for The Windward Learning Academy. This comprehensive yet easy-to-use online resource is free for Windward clients and will assist in fully and clearly answering any product feature questions you may have.

Replied 03/11/2017
Stephine
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 04/07/2022

Amazing POS system that can be intergrated with payroll

It is a great software company and always willing to help and easy to access if there is a problem.

Pros

Easy to use and teach employees. Easy to add and track parts.

Cons

Have not figured out how to use the special order part and see if we are ordering a lot of one part and therefore should stock that item.

Christine
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Basic programming and intigration issues.

Having trouble intigrating Windward System Five, with shipping programs.

Pros

Easy for the sales people to use, once they are very familiar with the system.

Cons

There are basic programming errors, such as date changes, Currency type, etc. that do not flow through the je, you have to change existing je's line by line. The control numbers should change what is in the je. When I addressed the issue, I was brushed off and just told to adjust the entries. When you try to use a date range for printing vendor accounts it does not work.

Trying to get it to work with other programs has been a problem, and everthing has a price tag associated with it.

Angie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

It has been a steep learning curve. Things are getting better all the time

Much better control over our inventory and keeping track of all our product. The PO and receiving makes it easy to know when someones product comes in. We are tweaking the software constantly as we learn new things. The webinars and academy have been a big help.

Pros

Very versatile, learning new things all the time. Everything meshes together in one package. Like the way you can drill down to see what happens in the background. The accounting took a bit of getting used to but has proved itself .

Cons

The Terminology is different from most other programs and it is sometimes difficult to determine exactly what a certain term means

Response from Windward Software

Angie, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback relating to Windward System Five. We're happy to read that our software is meeting your business needs.

In addition, it's great that you are attending our weekly webinars and using The Windward Learning Academy; both are designed to assist you and/or your staff with further learning of System Five functionality.

If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please do not hesitate to contact your Account Manager at +1 (800) 663-5750.

Heather

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

why I use windward

When we first started with windward it was fantastic. If we needed support, we called in Australia and it was fixed. Now there is no point in using that phone number! It then seemed the support workers did not know windward very well and I was brushed off or it would take a long time to resolve the issue. I must say it is getting better but not as good as it once was.

Pros

This system fits our needs with long part numbers. We are not computer people so the support is very important to us.

Cons

Some times it takes so long to get the support we need. The was such an issue I did think about changing systems. It has got better.

Lynea
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

Windward System Five - I would recommend this program

Windward System Five is an easy to use program that allows people who have little experience to use it.

Pros

Inventory Control is very functional and easy to use.

Cons

Reports are difficult and you have to build most of your own reports so you need to be skilled with it. Also if a tax changes on a product you have to make a new product code and start over for that item.