Workplace from Meta Reviews

About Workplace from Meta

Workplace is a communication tool that connects everyone, whether they’re behind a desk, in front of customers, or working from home. Share important updates with teams, regions, or companies in official Groups. Send instant...

4.2

Browse Workplace from Meta Reviews

1,335 of 1,335 reviews
Josafat
Josafat

Reviewed on 19/08/2019

Many options that can help you

I really like using this tool because I can strengthen my products and reach more customers.

Pros

It has a nice interface, you have many options to visualize the statistics and the results you want to achieve, It is easy to use and you have a lot of support from Facebook when you have doubts.

Cons

When you want to campaign, you can have problems by not having your market well segmented.

CANVAS

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

It is easy to use, has good potential with the clients you want to reach and has many options to create different strategies.
yassine
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 30/01/2023

Write a Review for Workplace from Meta

Workplace offers a user-friendly interface, robust feature set, and mobile app, making it easy for employees to communicate and collaborate effectively. It also integrates with a variety of third-party tools and services, making it easy to connect with existing workflows and systems.

Pros

User-friendly interface: Workplace has a simple and intuitive user interface that makes it easy for employees to communicate and collaborate effectively.Robust feature set: Workplace offers a wide range of features for communication and collaboration, including news feed, user profiles, groups, chat, video conferencing, and more.

Cons

Limited integration with other Facebook products: While Workplace integrates with a variety of third-party tools, it has limited integration with other Facebook products like Facebook pages, which may be a drawback for organizations already using Facebook for marketing and outreach.

Yahoo Mail and Instagram

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

As an AI language model, I do not have personal preferences or the ability to choose products. My role is to provide impartial and informative responses to your questions.In order to determine the best product for a particular organization, it is important to carefully evaluate the features, limitations, and pricing of each option, and compare them to the specific needs and requirements of the organization. This can include evaluating alternative products such as Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Google Workspace, as well as any other relevant tools and solutions.
Seb
Seb

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Needs to be more business-focused and less like Facebook

We use Workplace as our internal bulletin board system, allowing for communication between teams and updates across the company. In general it works well for this function, but for the reasons stated above, it is still far from an ideal solution, and could do with being developed to take business needs into account more than simply just being "a work version of Facebook".

Pros

It's very easy for users across the entire company to pick up and use, due to the familiarity of the Facebook-style news feed and posting interface.

Cons

The biggest problem with Workplace is that the news feed functions like that on Facebook - and inexplicably does not show all posts in sequential order. Given that, unlike Facebook, Workplace is not focused on advertising to users, this is a baffling choice by the developers. It can be extremely hard to keep track of posts as they are made, and often vital information can get missed, or old posts are shown unnecessarily out of the blue. Aside from this, it lacks much in the way of customisation options that would enable a company to tailor it to their specific needs by hiding or removing certain unnecessary features while prioritising others.

Top Workplace from Meta Alternatives

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Workplace from Meta a go or no?

Pros

Honestly Workplace from meta really suprised me. Its so easy to operate and understand. Its my go to every time and its never let me down. I will continue to use Workplace from Meta and i will continue to recomend it to any and all my friends, family, and neighbors.

Cons

Really when i sit and think about Workplace from Meta i really cant think of anything i dislike about it. I mean although my opinion could possibly change as i use it more and more as my business picks up and takes off completely.

Muhammad Zubair
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

Expose Your Abilities in an Organization with Workplace by Facebook

Workplace from Facebook is indeed a superb tool for communication, file sharing, and limited collaboration, but it also lacks some basic features that require an organization for proposals and progress tracking.

Although, our experience with Workplace is quite good as it has most of the tools that are required by an enterprise-like organization.

Pros

It is a time when every organization wants its employees to become more productive when it comes to working remotely. Workplace by Facebook is providing great collaboration to build closeness between employees and management, everyone becomes important when they get the power to communicate all the time.

The best thing to appreciate is that it has a similar user interface as Facebook, therefore it does not require any special training for the members.

Going live is very simple for various organizational or personal events, adding participants is also quite simple.

The video streaming feature is a time-saver, anyone can reach the whole organization or a group any time as desired.

Voice and video calling features make members reach any team member with just one tap, it also allows to add participants for meetings and routine discussions.

Every general post or event appears on the newsfeed, it keeps everyone updated with whatever occurs within an organization or a department.

If there are different teams, simply make groups and add team members into them, collaborate with everyone conveniently, and communicate about assigned tasks to an individual or a whole group.

Cons

The main focus of Workplace is on communication like Facebook, but it lacks progress tracking features, assigning tasks, and getting follow-ups in real-time.

Sometimes, we need proposals to be reviewed and approved by the management or clients, it would be great if there is a feature to add proposals and send them to desired members for review and approvals.

Zoho Connect, Microsoft Teams, Slack and Citrix Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Workplace from Meta

People or more addicted to Facebook, so we moved to Workplace for more familiarity with Facebook.

Yammer

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

Our familiarity with Facebook and pricing.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 19/01/2022

Surprisingly Great

Pros

We use mainly the Chat function which is quite great. Thanks to its similiarity with Facebook Messenger it is easy to use even for people who are not very good with computers. The chat is usually working quite well and it is suitable even for online meetings.

I appreciate the option to ad profile picture, description and pin message in group chats. It helps us a lot.

For the other function, we briefly use also classic groups and notes which works good as well.

Cons

Meta is unfortunately known for not having the stablest software so there are sometimes problems. But they are not occuring very often so most of the time we are quite satisfied with using it.

We have a lot of chats and group conversations and it is not possible to make my own folders/labels for them which is pity, it would help a lot.

• Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 08/03/2021

FB Workplace

Super easy & actually fun to use because I know this is something I can trust since they have been around for a long time.

Pros

I can create a separate manager account for business purposes like managing expenses and taxes. I'm able to have a bird's eye view of everything, since it's so organized and we'll put together. I appreciate that security is taken seriously as well. I enjoy being able to add other members without letting them have too much control (prevent hacking)

Cons

I would like to be able to create more admin/manager accounts. They give you a limit of two. Which you can't update or change, this is kind of a inconvenience.

CATS

Reasons for Choosing Workplace from Meta

Zoho is nice, but I think they overcharge and are not as well put together.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

It's my favorite, easy tool to use. Not to mention, convenient for others too. It has features that other software don't have such as free courses, tracking expenses through separate manager accounts, & bulk schedule for business pages. Lastly, it was getting way to expensive to may over $100 every month.
Jamie
Jamie

Reviewed on 15/05/2021

Great Small Business Marketing Tool

It has been a great tool to start my business, build my brand and to acquire new customers. It solves the uncertainty of cold calling and door knocking to gain clients. Also people are more receptive to speaking with me on Facebook rather than door to door or cold calling.

Pros

I use this for my landscaping business. This is great for small businesses as it allows you to market and build relationships within your community. My target market uses Facebook almost primarily so I have a large base to work with. The instant messenger works very well to communicate with clients and potential clients.

Cons

I wish it had more of a CRM capability. I use work with Salesforce at my main job and would love to have some of the same capabilities with the Facebook application.

Jostle

Reasons for Switching to Workplace from Meta

Facebook is familiar to me and the workplace aspect was reviewed well.

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Great for teachers!!

Pros

I just started using Workplace from Meta this school year. I teach three classes this semester and implemented this software in all three. I like that I am able to inform my students instantly about any material they need. For example, I forgot to mention an example in class about the problems they would be working on for homework. This program allowed me to share a video file going over that problem. I was able to send a notification to my students right away. This helps so I do not receive a million emails that evening asking how to do a problem. I also like that students have the ability to submit assignments. Giving them different means of doing so has helped get my students to complete assignments.

Cons

The only thing I can think of so far was it took a lot of time to get all my students set up on their phones. I'm not sure if the internet was slow that day or if it was because of this program.

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

A Strong Choice for People who Want to Avoid Learning New Software

Pros

It is very similar to consumer Facebook in how it works, ranging from the messaging platform to the feed being virtually identical to that of consumer Facebook, the only real difference being the context of the platform's use as well as the color scheme. It allows people to not be thrown in the proverbial deep end in terms of learning new software.

Cons

The biggest drawback to using workplace over alternativers like Slack or MS Teams, would be the lack of integration with 3rd party platforms. This issue is quite infuriating an honestly needs to be resolved to be a truly viable alternative to slack.

Milan
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 30/03/2020

Best Social Media to expand business

I have joined facebook hotel motel association group in 2017 and ever since i was able to find my answers for business related within a minute. thousands of people own more than 2 hotels with different franchise and you can talk to them within a minute them through facebook. Honestly I used facebook hotel group when i bought my second hotel. I asked everything about what do i need to require for business pip if i buy this property and what will be ADR and profit margin and what is franchise fees. I had really good positive experience before i buy this propert through facebook.

Pros

2.4 billion people use Facebook in this world. What else you need to talk about your business? As a two big hotels owner, we use facebook for business purpose more than social purpose. We have more than five hotel motel association groups in facebook where you can talk to anyone in united states who owns hotel motel business. In these group you can talked about hows business in different state, you can buy some used product for hotel use like furniture or equipment with good price. You can always talk about whenever you will going to get your hotel inspect etc. What do you required to meed different hotel franchise and all.

Cons

Facebook has a negative impact on teen age. The current generation are spoiling their education while chatting on Facebook and not concentrating on studies. Sometime notification also being annoying and cause a distraction from your work but you can always turn off your notification setting which is good point.

Ravinder
Ravinder
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Workplace - A tool to build strong culture and collaboration among employees

Our HR system used Workplace by Facebook for polling purposes, to send notifications, for transparency, culture building and to keep employees stay connected just like Facebook. So far, the response is good from the employee side.

Pros

Workplace by Facebook is an app similar to Facebook but meant for work, productivity and to keep employees stay connected. Its layout is like Facebook, so very convenient to use without going through any training. It allows you to form groups basis on departments, projects or organizational hierarchy. Groups can be used for sharing files, feedback or polls. Messaging feature allows you to chat in groups, one-to-one using text, audio or video. One of the best features is language translation support for 46 languages as of now. So, if someone sends you a text in a different language, Workplace translates it then and there for you into your native language. Other popular features include viewing updates from people similar to newsfeed in Facebook, live video broadcasting of announcements, training and meetings, videoconferencing and screen share up to 50 people. Easy integration of Workplace with software such as Office 365, Dropbox, SurveyMonkey and G Suite makes it a useful app on office environment.

Cons

Workplace comes in different pricing options including Essential, Advanced and Enterprise, so choose wisely depending upon the features you need. Even the highest-paid version allows you to perform group video call up to 50 people. Notification can be annoying and cause a distraction from your usual work.

Clarwin
Clarwin

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

Facebook for the office!

All the features of a personal Facebook account are now available for office use!

Communication - best for instant messaging, voice and video calls, even live-streaming of our events. Company-wide announcements are now easy to post and even track who's viewed each post. Notifications via email are also helpful to remind 'inactive' people to log-in to Workplace and keep updated via posts and their wall.

Collaboration - we can easily create groups as shared workspaces for project work.

Culture-building - since we used this app, we experienced an increase in employee engagement. People started sharing all kinds of stuff (mostly work related, but sometimes even non-work-related like outings, birthdays, etc).

Pros

Workplace is like a clone of Facebook. And since almost everyone in the office has a personal Facebook account, there is very little (to none) on-boarding needed to deploy this app into our entire organization.

We are a non-profit organization and so the best part of this is that Facebook offered this product to us Free of charge!

All the features of Facebook work great for office use (e.g., creating groups, instant messaging, video and calls, sharing pictures, videos and files)

Workplace also allows us to connect with external vendors who have Workplace in their companies. Works great for project implementations.

Cons

This is cloud-based and all data is stored on Facebook servers in the cloud. If you are wary of Data Privacy, just make sure to review the privacy notice, and terms of use.

Leon
Leon

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

Useful and fun to use.

Workplace makes my everyday job feels more like an easy-going stress free experience. I think every company should try it out; it is a great way to get to know the people you work with, interact with them, and team up efficiently.

Pros

This is not the first social network focused on a Company's Business, but Facebook being behind Workplace surely makes it one of the highest grossing Enterprise-Driven Networks right now.

The Interface is friendly and as expected, quite similar to Facebook, for not saying identical. It has its obvious differences when it comes to certain features that are more adapted to a Professional environment.

The best description to the positive assets that I can give to Workplace is that it is a fun way to get to know the employees of the company you work for, you might find people with the same interests, share funny jokes, videos, photos, statuses, create and join groups, etc.

You can create events to invite your co-workers, or even schedule meetings and endeavors that are more related to your company’s main goals.

It is easy to use, and if you are a Facebook user you will feel at home.

Cons

Just like in Facebook, the main App and the Messenger are separate softwares.

Sometimes you might get overloaded by notification's mails on your inbox.

Depending on the company's size, some features might become confusing when working at a big Enterprise, such as having too many groups to choose from with similar goals/topics.

Maryam
Maryam
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 09/07/2022

Review for Workplace from Meta

Overall, Workplace from Meta is easiest way to communicate and it is recommended.

Pros

It is a business communication tool through which people connect with each other. It is life-saving for those businesses in which boss, trainees and employees want to communicate through video calls, instant messaging, etc.
It is reliable and sustainable.
I have been using it since so long and I am loving its features.

Cons

The layout of Workplace from Meta may be difficult to understand for newbies. Also, it does not save personal information for later use.

Dysiree
Dysiree

Reviewed on 26/05/2019

FREE VS PAID VERSION

Overall efficiency and productivity-wise​, comparing it with other platforms that we've used before, this one is my favorite so far.

Pros

The workplace is very easy to use and a variety of things you can do once you get the hang of it. You can make Group Chats with Group Page, or simple Group Chats without pages. It works very similar to​ Facebook, however, ​this one is more in a business approach where you can integrate apps and edit posts with​ the format you want. I personally prefer it compared to any other Platforms we've used before. customer service is responsive enough.

Cons

When you are using the free version a lot of things a restricted but that is just fair enough. However, in case your free trial ended and you have let go of some people prior before the trial ended, you can only remover their access or deactivate their accounts IF you are in a paid version. Another thing that I noticed is that you can only add people with the company email when you're using a free version otherwise you can use any email address when using the paid version.

Suri
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Workplace Review

We have used Workplace for the past year and a half for all office communications. From having live town-hall meetings to polls, we use Workplace for everything. It has provided us with a wide audience, easier participation and better control over information communication. Use of Workplace chat is picking up and it is a great business tool to enhance collaboration, improve employee morale in addition to being easy to use for all employees.

Pros

For those that are used to Facebook (and that's most everybody) pivoting to Workplace for work purposes is a breeze. It takes a social media platform that everyone is used to and converts that to a work environment. This software has increased user participation and provides a great platform for company wide communication. The ability to set us individual pages for teams/groups or interests is really cool and has resulted in a wide variety of interest groups being formed, which is typically difficult to do outside of a social media platform, especially at work.

Cons

Though the software in itself does not have very many visible flaws, the amount of administrative effort required to filter and screen messages and groups in an organization as large as ours has taken more than we estimated.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Ideal for modern day communications in the covid era

My team have been able to stay in contact fully during all 3 lockdowns and this would have been difficult without workplace. Its not gone down once all year which is a huge achievement

Pros

Workplace has been amazing at helping my team, my peers and beyond at staying in touch, holding meetings and sharing best practice. The ability for do not disturb and short term muting is very useful too.

Cons

Can't send PDF's to each other on messenger. The Rooms feature is good but if I share my screen, I can't then very easily see everyone and my video stops.

Lourdes Bernadette
Lourdes Bernadette

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Collaboration and Interacting tool for the Team

It's like a regular facebook platform but the difference is you don't need to send and accepts friend request from the users. Workplace by facebook made it very simple for users since that almost everyone is using facebook in for more than a decade now. I had not used this platform for a long time but these are my inputs for what's in it. I know there will be a lot of updates from Workplace that I or we are excited to see.

Pros

This is a very helpful tool for your business, and best for collaborating tool that I have ever seen. It has the same feature of facebook, that made it easy for user to understand. It has been the tool that is easy to understand. It can host session, meetings and can create group discussion in one platform. It's like all in one platform.

Cons

This is just new to me but what i have notice about this is that it has no dashboard to use for admin control. The design is very empty, but for me it is just simple, but maybe it would be better if new design will make it more engaging to users.

Surya
Surya
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 31/08/2022

Workplace from Meta Review

I am using this software since the start of my career and am totally satisfied with it. It gives you the flexibility to easily connect and communicate with your peers. It also gives you a two-factor authentication option to protect your account from any fraudulent activity or unauthorized login.

Pros

The best tool to easily communicate with your colleagues or teammates in an office environment. It makes easy to interact with them rather then going on call and then interact to each other. Also, we have a news feed feature similar to Facebook which will give you regular updates about your colleagues and any new thing that happened

Cons

The layout of this tool may be a little difficult to understand for new people. Another point which I didn't like about this tool is that you don't have an option to block a particular individual on the tool. Also sometimes the number of notifications is high which might distract the person from their actual work.

Javier
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 06/10/2023

Most essential ingredient to success.

Workplace from Meta is incredible, it's usability and flexibility makes it compatible with us.It has magnified it's excellent work on my end results.My business have really expanded and got many new clients and thanks to this life changing software.

Pros

Work from Meta is an excellent software which connects organization using Facebook features.It provides a simple secure and dependable way for people to work together.You can securely share information through chats, video chat.It brings organizations together thus creating more job opportunities for it's users.

Cons

Am a proud and delighted user.This software stores files and information very securely and you can access it whenever you want.

Masoom

Reviewed on 27/07/2019

One of the best internal business communication platform

My overall experience with Workplace by Facebook is amazing. I am using it daily for internal communication with office guys and now it becomes part of my daily task, it is very much similer to facebook so no need for extra training.

Pros

I like everything about Workplace by Facebook. It is just similar to facebook, sometimes I feel that I am using facebook not Workplace by Facebook because of its user interface is similar to Facebook and this the best thing that I like about this tool. Apart from this, I like the way I can interact and publish all the important announcements to all the colleges at the same time just with a single click.

Cons

There is one thing that I like least about it and I would like to highlight too that this platform is a little bit expensive compared to others and because of this the small startups may not able to afford this but I must say that It is worth to spend on it.

Brian
Brian

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

Great tool to keep a company up to date on activities

We've been able to inform our employees about major events and customer updates with Workplace. It is better than email in that case, because we can easily reach our internal audience better without inundating people with email.

Pros

I like that we can post activities about our customers, our company, and even ask questions of specific teams. I like the fact it is just like Facebook so everyone knows how to use it. I also like the instant message features to communicate some of our special teams.

Cons

I don't have many dislikes about the product. The main issue I have is ability for just about anyone to create groups in Workplace. It becomes just like Facebook where anyone can create a group. Sometimes people don't look close enough and there may be a group already there. It would be nice to give suggestions on existing groups that are similar in name or description before a group is created.

Eduardo
Eduardo
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

A place for Work

No complaints regarding its use. From the beginning it works for what was designed and purchased. Now, they have changed the way in which chat and notifications are presented, sincerely surprising me. I hope you can continue to improve and bring surprises.

Pros

I work remotely, in a company that hires 100% of its workers remotely. As an HR analyst, Workplace has been an ideal tool. Create work environments and the opportunity to interact with the intuitive simplicity offered by Facebook or any social network. It's great to be able to create groups, send files and maintain real-time communications

Cons

This is already something about personal tastes. I would like the color palette to be editable. Maybe not in a very broad spectrum, rather with predesigned options

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

Familiar yet different

Pros

Its a good tool that integrates with our payroll system/Employee system of record, so it works out well for all non-superusers of that tool. Its easy to navigate with its familiar interface and social networking vibe. We use for internal communications, ERG/SIG creation/management, and cross-division announcements. It works out well.

Cons

In the way that we use it, we dont use it for messaging (As we still use slack/gchat) and it feels like this workplace tool came out a little to late behind all the big players in messaging/1-1 chats.