Miro Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Miro

Miro is a visual workspace for innovation that enables distributed teams of any size to dream, design, and build the future together. Miro enables distributed teams to come together to synthesize information, clarify complex...

Browse Miro Reviews

1,534 of 1,534 reviews
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Miro is the dream product for remote teams!

I love Miro, it’s helped me organize my own thoughts and ideas, and collaborate with people in any location and at any time (or asynchronously). It’s just Ana amazing repository, and a really flexible tool that provides all sorts of solutions.

Pros

Miro is the digital whiteboard I spent 20 years to see, and it’s almost as awesome as I always hoped. Being able to quickly and easily collect all sorts of materials, designs, references, links, diagrams, etc, and have a permanent, shareable repository is HUGE for teams.

Cons

I understand pricing st a basic level, where it’s basically just myself and a few reviewers, but I don’t understand how to scale it where large numbers of people are creating within it, and it seems like that would get expensive quickly.

FigJam

Reasons for Choosing Miro

I had actually used Miro before, then tried FigJam because it’s “free” (if you’re already using Figma), but it’s not nearly as full-featured - though it IS mostly “good enough,” and it’s going to keep improving… Miro should not get complacent.

FigJam
Courtney
Courtney

Reviewed on 05/04/2023

The templates are a great way to get started quickly

Miro facilitates remote collaboration for teams. Having a place where the whole team can get together and discuss how to improve the tools, process, or development is crucial for my organization.

Pros

I enjoy the flexibility of having members of my team work from home and the convenience of being able to brainstorm ideas together. Changes in workflow and process may now be quickly and easily whiteboarded thanks to this helpful program. Miro facilitates cross-team communication and collaboration for ideation, process mapping, and more inside the Marketing department.

Cons

There isn't much about Miro that worries me. I wish we could make our own templates and preserve them. There was also an option we could click to export our Miro creations to Powerpoint. Other than that, it's a great tool that I enjoy using.

Juliet
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 12/05/2024

Miro The Perfect Solutions To Modern Issues

Miro solves problems with unique solutions.

Pros

I like Miro because it was build to solve my problems and it is a all in one platform that has every necessary tool to make my tasks easy.

Cons

Their no complaints from me, I just love Miro.

Top Miro Alternatives

Ryan
Ryan

Reviewed on 12/12/2022

Miro was fine but it didn't seem to work the way I expected it to

In preparation for a conference, my company sponsored a bunch of innovation groups across the organization and we used Miro since we were from remote teams across the world. For that, it worked well to use the sticky notes and other collaboration features in place of a whiteboard. However, as mentioned above, the product was not intuitive and we were not provided training. With more training, I am sure it could have been an excellent product.

Pros

I like that there are a lot of different features that can be used by a variety of people to collaborate both synchronously and asynchronously, and everyone can use it in their own way

Cons

I didn't find the software intuitive to use. I kept wanting to click in a certain way or drag in a certain way, and it just didn't seem to understand what I was trying to do

Bruna
Bruna
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Best whiteboard on the market

Pros

Miro is EASY. You can invite anyone to collaborate with a board and it will be easy - even to a person with not much contact with collaborative tools.

Cons

I don’t like how SLOW it comes when we have 20+ people working together.

Kelvin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/05/2024

Miro Active Communications And Collaborations

Miro saves on cost and this makes it profitable.

Pros

Miro has many features and their customer service team is active to attend to you. Miro is easy to use. It also allows team to have beneficial communications.

Cons

Miro has nothing that is a miss on my side.

Oyaro

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Project planning and real time collaboration tool

Pros

I like the advance features that Miro have which makes it possible to manage projects thanks to the real-time collaboration.

Cons

The tool is expensive to acquire compared to its alternatives

Aomukaga

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Miro: project management and data visualization solution

Pros

I love the flexibility that comes with the tool which allows for multiple projects

Cons

The tool is awesome and there are no issues to date

Jonathan
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 23/04/2024

Bring visual elements into just about any meeting

Pros

It is *very* easy and *very* quick to diagram with Miro. Ten minutes will give you a functional skeleton, thirty minutes will give you a really great flowchart/workflow/mind map etc. That's half the time I would expect to spend, based on my experience with other tools. What this means for individuals is that you're only a few minutes away from having something to share at a meeting. Even better, Miro makes it easy to share your work in a lot of different ways, including plain ol' export as a jpg, which means you can reach people who aren't necessarily going to jump on a video call with you.

Cons

Though the interface is pretty easy to use, some of the advanced features will force even experienced users to pause and say "Wait, what does this do?" Also, digital accessibility isn't Miro's strong suit and I doubt they're meeting all the WCAG guidelines.

• Industry: Industrial Automation
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Pro's and Con's of Miro

Miro is a great tool to discuss the first steps in every project. Brainstorming and having all the links/visual guides in one place greatly simplifies our work

Pros

Miro allows me to design in real time with my teammates on the same project, making sure we are visualizing the same thing.
Being able to follow a member's mouse and draw on top of photos has really helped the work flow in our teams

Cons

the navigation tools and controls are a little clanky and could use some improvements

Maszni
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Right tool for online visual collaboration

Miro is the most constantly software that we have use when the pandemic hit our country, and we need to work remotely from home. It has all the tools that we need to collaborate on task and project and it work on real-time setting. We are really happy adopting this software as part of our work system.

Pros

Online meeting and project discussion in online settings is the strongest feature that Miro has offered. Screen sharing is the most important and really critical feature that me and my team need when we are doing an online meeting for our project discussion as it will help us to visually showing our computer screen for other to see the point that i am presenting.

Cons

There are some bugs with the screen sharing, like it won't load my audio file and failed to play it but work correctly with the video file. The whiteboard has no board to its canvas and if not control correctly it will taking too much resource of my computer RAM and will drag my computer to run slowly.

Ricardo

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Our tool of choice for visual collaboration - a must have in education and training

Miro is awesome. We have been using it to demonstrate different concepts in online workshops to co-workers and also to share knowledge with our K-12 students. The level of interaction and engagement is the cornerstone of a product that enables you and your team to work cohesively and share ideas in a visual manner.

Pros

Here we are in love with Miro: It is easy to use, has a wide arrange of tools to convey ideas and has plenty of templates for specific purposes. Being platform agnostic warrants a great experience across devices and operating systems. The tools to collaborate make it an indispensable app for teachers and trainers.

We are quite pleased with the fact that the Support team (Miro Academy) is always organizing training events to cover the basics and also advanced tools. The Miroverse community is also very helpful and we all get to share templates and tools with the rest of the users.

Cons

Not a con, but something that may annoy some people is that the text tool is a bit limited. From the selection of typefaces to the inability to format specific parts of the text, the tool feels lacking.

Another factor to consider (not a con, per see) is that Miro is better used when you have an idea of what is it that you want from it and you organize your content accordingly. The fact that this has an infinite canvas lends to chaos if you do not plan ahead.

Denise
Denise

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

Excellent experience in collaborative work

For the most part, we've used it as a brainstorming tool since we first started using it. It allows me and my colleagues to reorganize our thoughts in novel ways. Even though we're all working at our desks, it feels like we're using post-it notes on a whiteboard.

Pros

It was a great experience, and I've used him for both teaching and scheduling since I met him. Intuition and teamwork are at the heart of Miro's design. You may use it on any device without having to download any additional software or plugins. A fast learner who can quickly engage a diverse group of individuals.

Cons

The only drawback I can think of is that uploading material such as videos might take a while. In addition, the cost per license for a small business is considerable, although the free basic version is fairly comprehensive.

Angelo
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 22/01/2023

A Comprehensive Look at Miro's Features

Overall, Miro is an excellent collaboration platform with a wealth of features to help teams work together. The user interface is intuitive and easy to use, and the real-time collaboration feature is invaluable. While the pricing structure can be confusing and expensive and there are some features that could be improved, Miro is still a great tool for teams to use.

Pros

Miro is an excellent collaboration platform that offers a wide variety of features to help teams work together effectively. Its user-friendly interface is intuitive and easy to use, while the ability to create boards and draw diagrams allows everyone to easily visualize ideas. The real-time collaboration feature is invaluable, allowing teams to work together in real-time without having to constantly switch back and forth between applications.

Cons

While Miro offers a great suite of features, there are a few drawbacks. The pricing structure can be confusing and expensive for larger teams, and there are some features that could be improved, such as the ability to import files from other applications. Additionally, the user interface can be somewhat clunky at times.

Jakub

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Th golden standard in whiteboarding

Generally the use and feel of Miro is great. We used it for planning, layouting, inspirations and moodboards. This is working absolutely great. ven exporting a backup from Miro feels as it is intended - no hassle. Just download the file. Same goes for exportin to PDF etc. Works. And that is the biggest added value.

Pros

The ease of starting using Miro is amazing. Just register and start whiteboarding. After a while if you need any functionality you can think of you start to dig through the menues in the app and just like that - you find what you need. Be it a canban or a timer or building blocks for flowcharting.

Cons

It is definitely on the pricier end when it comes to collaborative editing. Of course there is a free and a "consultant" plan, but even after signing up for that one sharing boards and stating editing feels a bit rough. So you might pay for users and taht gets expencive.

Milanote

Reasons for Choosing Miro

Featureset and user interface.

Milanote

Reasons for Switching to Miro

It felt more professional and now it became a standard.
Amanda F
Amanda F

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

The best environment for productive teamwork

For the past two years, Miro has been an integral part of my work team. Sticky notes, customizable marker colors, drag-and-drop capabilities, and nifty visual aids like flowcharts and mind maps are just some of the features that make this platform stand out.

Pros

I appreciate how convenient it is to make and save various customer journey maps and diagrams. Though I frequently make use of this site for collaboration, I am not familiar with any of its direct rivals.

Cons

When trying to invite others to view a private board, the link doesn't always function on the first try, but other than that, I can't find anything wrong with Miro.

Cynthia
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Now I Can't Live Without It

The flexibility of this product is astounding. I can use it for almost every element of my daily workflow as a self-employed business consultant. I use boards to keep track of what tasks are on my plate today as well as which ones are on deck. It's cut my time putting new presentations together by half, since I can brainstorm what I want to include and organize it quickly which cuts down on the time I actually spend putting slides together. Plus, it makes workshops a snap since I can illustrate changes in real time or even invite attendees to collaborate live. I use it for marketing too - brainstorming our marketing story and persona and moving seamlessly into wireframes. I originally used it with one of my clients, but am now a subscriber myself who recommends it to everyone I know.

Pros

My favorite thing about Miro is it's flexibility. I have a hard time thinking of a business problem I want to work on where Miro isn't helpful - which is great a solo business owner. From task tracking, the brainstorming content creation, marketing, and monitoring strategic improvement (with approaches like traction) Miro is up for just about any challenge.

Cons

I'd love to see the ability to do more customized branding, to integrate our favorite fonts and use a wider palate of colors.

Ronald
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

Enough about project management, Miro is awesome for teaching !!

I'm a university teacher. Since the pandemic started, I have been trying different platforms and software every semester. I have a pen tablet (Wacom Intuos L), but pairing it with the right sofware or platform is kinda tricky. I'm very picky and demanding about the quality of the drawings and visual tools I can present to my students in each class; and that's why I'm always looking for better tools. I've used OpenBoard, MS Whiteboard, MS OneNote, Krita, Blender (yes, not kidding!), Google Jamboard, Inkscape and Diagrams IO.

Since I found Miro, everything changed, it's like... this is the tool !!... finally!!... I use it for each one of my classes. Also, I started using it in my other job, as a patent examiner, because it was so easy to visually represent all the information about a technical invention... but primarilly I use Miro as a teaching tool.

I like Miro so much, I'm thinking about making a series of videos in my YouTube channel about how to use Miro for teaching, so the other professors at my university can use it too... and maybe like that we could convince the university to buy us some license... I hope it works.

oh... I also used it to teach math to my niece, she is 13 years old, she really loved it

Pros

The "upload"-->"saved files" its the most usefull tool ever. I work with Inkscape to produce PNG drawings for my classes, and with Miro I can upload them into my "saved files" and re-use them in other classes... it's like having a library of drawings. Absolutely brilliant.

Cons

The price. I think you could make a simpler version for teachers that don't have enough money for a tool oriented to project management. The "teacher" version doesn't need Canvas, and all the others fancy integrations, just give us the "saved files" and the basic tools and we will make magic with Miro.

Patrick M
Patrick M
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 13/05/2023

Incredible platform for collaborating, brainstorming and executing ideas.

Miro understands numerous of the collaboration impediments of not being able to connected together with your colleagues in individual. With Miro, my organization can brainstorm, oversee ventures, share thoughts, and celebrate in a virtual space as on the off chance that we were sharing a meeting room. Miro makes a difference me organize my thoughts by rationally mapping them, making client stories, and the community has extraordinary formats for distinctive needs, particularly workshops, collaborating and sharing in genuine time with colleagues is additionally exceptionally simple.

Pros

I cherish the collaboration highlights accessible in Miro, the capacity to make sheets and grant get to to others is what sets Miro separated from the rest, no other stage I've utilized combines an natural whiteboard/mind outline interface with collaboration highlights live as easily as Miro. It's a awesome device for numerous purposes: share introductions, run workshops remotely, utilize it as a canvas to organize your thoughts, or basically as a board to glue your images. Presenting with Miro could be a extraordinary involvement, on the off chance that you know your members are not exceptionally great with the apparatus or have never utilized it, you'll drive them to take after you whereas you display, which makes a difference anticipate botches, most of the highlights are exceptionally natural.

Cons

It's not a idealize apparatus, but it'll be, and I'm beyond any doubt they strive to be the leading; I know from my encounter that there's a part of investigate with their client database to move forward. Its video include needs work, its modern highlights like clustering and keen gatherings still feel like a work in advance, but they are great features. Third party plugins can cause you a few issues at times, whereas usually not completely Miro's blame, I think way better documentation and engineer back would offer assistance to dispose of these uncommon issues.

Anthony

Reviewed on 29/10/2016

Awesome tool for teachers!!!

I'm a middle school teacher. I use the boards in two fashions: 1) for student collaboration, and 2) for displaying class notes, videos, distributed materials, and board writing. In my school we have a SmartBoard (aka - DumbBoard). The DumbBoard software is slow to load and wastes too much time, so the RealTimeBoard became a solution.

For student collaboration, I have and idea section and work product selection. Students can determine if the final work they upload is accessible to me or other members. They can share comments, photos, and general ideas. For classroom shared material, student can vote. I find it best to visually think of the processes and what you want the kids to create. Then create a template board. Finally, create your classes. The import of excel or google sheets lists make it incredibly easy to add student names to the boards.

For my class notes, I typically create a line across the middle of the board. Below the line is the homework section, above the line is the classwork. I create a boxes with the daily objective (Students will... in order to...) and upload the materials (view only via google docs). I can insert youtube videos and other documents (even pdfs, Microsoft docs, pictures, web pictures and websites, and charts). I create a frame around each of the lessons so that when students are absent they may view the materials. When they come in and tell me they didn't go to the site, I hand them a computer so they can visit the site. Students who are absent, getting tutored outside of class, or parents wanting to see what it is we are doing can easily access the public board, which does NOT contain any student information.

Pros

-Free for Educators to use with students
-Works extremely well with Google Suite, Microsoft 365 Business
-Great alternative to SmartBoard
-Pen feature is very smooth

Cons

-Takes some getting used to.
-Can have a Prezzi, dizzying affect
- Users need to be taught how to use

Eileen
Eileen
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 17/05/2023

Collaborative, intuitive and high-potential platform

Miro is an invaluable tool for optimizing collaboration and project management. Its benefits in efficiency, communication and dynamism of meetings are widely productive. I recommend Miro to any team that wants to improve their work processes and collaboration.

Pros

Miro is an exceptional platform that has perfected the way I manage projects in the office. Its intuitive and easy-to-use interface allows team members to collaborate in real time. Infinite boards and multiple drawing tools make it easy to visually organize ideas and plan projects. Miro has also been instrumental in improving meeting dynamics, thanks to its predefined templates and voting features. The mobile app allows users to participate from anywhere, which is especially useful for remote or on-the-go teams.

Cons

Despite its advantages, Miro can be costly when advanced features or many users are required. In addition, the platform can sometimes be slow to load boards with large amounts of information or visual elements.

Shannel
Shannel
  • Industry: Think Tanks

Reviewed on 26/09/2023

A perfect digital workspace for managing work and collaboration.

With an organization like ours where most of our projects are based on climate evaluation and analysis, we tend to have teams working both remotely and on site. We use Miro as a link between these teams where we get a shared workspace for us to meet digitally and collaborate on the projects. Moreso, Miro helps us to plan our project works which includes creating diagrammatic representations of the projects for easier visualization and monitoring.

Pros

It was easy for us to implement Miro in our organization. When getting started with Miro, there were alot of simply designed in-built templates which helped us to learn quickly how to maximize the abilities of Miro features. I also like how Miro flexibility allowed us to integrate it with multiple other products that were already existing in our organization. Miro offers us with the best visualization tools which makes it easy to us to visualize our projects in order to have clear understanding on how the projects are progressing. With Miro, were able to collaborate with the other teams who are working remotely without any interferences.

Cons

The intuitive user interface of Miro makes it so easy to learn the product architecture and this makes it easy to navigate through it. All the times i have used Miro, i always get a flawless experience so no complaints.

Mary

Reviewed on 21/03/2023

My favorite collaboration tool

Miro helps me run collaborative workshops, visualize important things and facilitate better decision-making. It also helps me create a shared understanding within my teams. Miro helped me keep people on the same page when it was impossible to get everybody in the same room.

Pros

Miro is very easy to use and provides great features for facilitators so that they can set up their boards easily and run meetings and workshops smoothly. I love how easy it is to set up new boards and align and cluster objects and I also like how the features are constantly being improved. The voting feature is a good example of that, it used to be challenging to use it with less experienced people but the user experience has improved a lot.

Cons

It would be great if Miro had different user groups within a team so that I could give them different permissions and then easily select the groups when creating a new project. I wish there were more colors of sticky notes or that we could set up the color the same way it's possible to do with shapes. I also wish it were possible to skip frames in presentation mode or determine which frames on the board I want to show when presenting. I wish it were possible to change the size and position of the timer and have more than one timer at the same time.

Sohaib
Sohaib
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Simply the best whiteboard software available

It's an easy to use collaborative whiteboard software. It's great for creating mindmaps, jotting down ideas or even planning. We always try to use Miro asap in any meeting rather than discussing theoretical - visualising it makes sure everyone in the team is on the same page and Miro makes it so easy to do that.

Pros

The templates are incredibly helpful. There is just so much variety and all expertly done. Saves you so much time having to think about what kind of diagram is best for the ideas you're discussing with the team. In our team now, we've started to choose Miro over a physical whiteboard.

Miro is also incredibly dynamic - you can do everything from mindmaps to wireframes. It's great to have everything in one single place.

Miro also makes sharing really easy; from team members, guests to public. It is very easy to set different permission levels and also revoke them when required. Makes sure any sensitive information isn't available for too long.

Cons

Nothing majorly. I've had a couple of hick-ups previously and the Miro team took a while to respond - there doesn't seem to be a live customer service so that would be good to have. But they're always adding new features and improving the platform. Not had any issues now for a long time.

Faruk
Faruk

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Best tool for 100% remote teams for collaboration

We're working 100% remote in several locations. We were using Miro even before the pandemic but due to the switch to the remote working, it became a must for our tech-stack. I like the versatility and smooth user experience on this software. It replaced our physical boards, and we can do even more with this tool online, nobody misses the physical boards. When we have our meetings, Miro is always open, we also do our project discussions on Miro. We forgot about presentations since we can share our Miro project instead of wasting time on creating slides. As a manager and content producer, I use it as an individual as well. It triggers my creativity and I am very glad to have this tool in my daily workflow.

Pros

As a collaboration tool, Miro has everything. It has integration with almost everything out there, and for us, it makes a huge difference. We use it for presentation purposes, task tracking, visualization of our projects, and team communication tool. Miro is extremely easy to use. I didn't have any issues to share with the newcomers in the team, everybody loves it.

Cons

Earlier this year, I noticed some issues with the screen sharing but recently, it seems to be fixed. The pricing for additional team member is slightly high, it would be great to make it a little useful. However, if you compare with the other tools out there, still the price is sitting in the middle for me. I never really had to contact the Support so I can't comment on this.