Sage Intacct Reviews

Visit Website

About Sage Intacct

Sage Intacct is a provider of cloud-based financial management and accounting software. Sage Intacct's software solution is suitable for small to midsize accounting firms and can provide financial reporting and operational...

4.1
4.1

Browse Sage Intacct Reviews

Nicolas
Nicolas

Reviewed on 13/07/2023

Robust and efficient financial management

Sage Intacct has been an invaluable tool that has simplified and streamlined several complex tasks, improving my efficiency and allowing me to deliver accurate results in a timely manner. I highly recommend Sage Intacct to other professionals in my field.

Pros

What I like most about this platform is its ability to simplify and automate complex accounting and financial tasks. The multi-currency integration and automatic consolidation capabilities have been critical to my work, as I manage accounts for a wide diversity of clients. In addition, the customization and real-time reporting have significantly improved my productivity and efficiency. The dashboard feature allows me to have a clear view of the company's performance.

Cons

At times, the platform can be a bit slow and the user interface can be complicated for new users.

Becky
Becky

Reviewed on 07/03/2023

Our entire accounting process is managed using Sage Intacct

To help our customers, we use Sage Intacct. Besides partnering with Intacct, we also work with Var. As a result, we serve a wide range of businesses. I utilize it on a regular basis, help other employees, and provide customer training and support. My shoppers, families, and patients come from the retail, family office, and medical fields respectively.

Pros

Sage Intacct is used for all of our daily activities, from accounts payable through accounts receivable, as well as month-end close and reporting. Our month-close has been delayed in the past due to technical difficulties and problems with AP synchronisation. Their support team's sluggish reaction time is also a problem.

Cons

The product's usability would improve greatly if the Fixed Assets and Prepaids sections were modernized. The Charge Payoff screen, like the bank and credit card reconciliation screens, needs a "match transactions" capability.

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Its an average accounting system

My overall experience with Intacct is overall positive. Intacct does save me significant time and effort in my everyday tasks compared with our older software. i do feel it could be improved upon further to make it a better product.

Pros

I like the fact that it is browser based through the cloud which makes access quick and easy. The modules that I use the most work very well such as Accounts Payable and Time and Expense. The General Ledger reporting function is very helpful and easy to use as well.

Cons

There are a few modules such as Prepaids, Fixed assets and Purchasing that we had purchased after the initial implementation of intacct that did not work very well initially. There were many work arounds and technical problems that created alot of unneeded headaches and work. Fortunately this has been fixed now for the most part and works well.

Another issue I have is the support community that I put support tickets in when I need some help. They don't seem to know the product very well and often the solutions and advice I receive is partially right or wrong altogether. There have been instances where I have just figured it the problem myself through reading articles or experimenting with settings etc.

Response from Sage

Hello Michael,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that the AP and T&E modules are working well for you. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Replied 26/11/2018

Top Sage Intacct Alternatives

Aptean Industrial Manufacturing ERP Traverse Edition

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Lorenzo
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Committed Approach for Accounting Support

The program understands all the accounting needs, and it captures the dynamics in recording all transactions.

Pros

The management of general ledger from the program is something useful.

Cons

The commitment in matters accounting and cost reporting is something that makes the software error free.

Erin

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

Expensive but Great for Multi-Entity Organizations

The set-up process was a lot of work but you do get an implementation team to help with the transition and they try to make it as easy as possible. They also offer training courses to use, and have an online support community. You are generally assigned an account representative (financial professionals who have actually used Sage) to assist with anything you might need.

Pros

The ability to be able to do the accounting and financials for a multi-entity organization within one system, and to have the ability to do both individual reporting as well as the reporting for the different entities combined has been a life saver. It has saved many hours of manual work we used to do.

Cons

Certain customization options are lacking, and it is a difficult program to learn how to use in the beginning (especially if you are coming from more simple online programs like QBO). It is also expensive and may not be worth the cost for a lot of organizations.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

We needed a more robust financial management program as an organization comprised of 5 different business entities, and needed a more unique/customizable reporting option to save manual labor hours.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

More in-depth features, and while more expensive, the features were worth it for our organization.
Ki

Reviewed on 25/01/2024

Great for Small Company.

Grea experience - importing data when we converted was easy. Recommendation for a Consultant for complex bridging was a good experience.

Pros

Ability to upload data. Used a great deal for Journal Entries and Input from Sales Software.

Cons

The approval of Payables link doesn't take Approvers to the proper Company level.

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

Old software stopped being supported and the on-site program kept locking up and crashing.

Sage 100

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

Sage's ability to import and export data.
Kathy
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Intacct - a solid quality solution

Had a great experience implementing the product. It has been years since we've made any significant changes. When we need support, they are responsive.

Pros

Ease of use. Once you learn the product it is very easy to use.
Reliability: We have never experienced any downtime since we implemented the product

Cons

Budget module did not work for us.
Time tracking is far more robust that what we need which makes it not worth the price.
Reporting module was upgraded (definitely needed) and not happy with having to pay to upgrade to use it.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

Growth, out grew the capacity of Quickbooks

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

Value for the price and simpler than the other options
Roger
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Great cloud accounting solution for present and future growth

I have been a happy customer of Sage Intacct and hope to use it for many years to come.

Pros

I like that Sage Intacct can grow with my business. They release quarterly updates and they integrate with many other tools. Their reporting tools are powerful.

Cons

Sometimes a quarterly releases causes some issues. There is a learning curve to reporting in areas that is not intuitive.

Dynamics 365 and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage Intacct

We outgrew the use of QuickBooks and needed something more powerful.

Reasons for Switching to Sage Intacct

I was recommended by a colleague and Sage provided the solution that we needed.
Brandon
Brandon

Reviewed on 15/09/2023

Orderly maintenance of transactions with Sage

The addition of Power BI integration and the ability to add custom fields to the vendor master and the 1099 information will greatly simplify our work, both in the present and in the future. We can generate a bespoke audit trail report covering all of our suppliers in one fell swoop.

Pros

All required fields for each client's daily deliverables are easily accessible, and the system is flexible enough to accommodate the addition of new data as needed; it can also synchronize with a wide variety of other platforms, like BILL, Nexonia, and many more.

Cons

Sage Intacct does not yet handle all payment methods, and its Inventory module is inadequate for businesses that also require assistance with inventory accounting and management.

Sophia
Sophia
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 22/11/2023

Happy Customer

so far the experience has been pretty positive.

Pros

Online, ease of use, real-time data. Full Transparency with department managers.

Cons

having to purchase additional modules that seem like it should just be part of the product.

Sumit

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

A Cloud-Based Financial Management System for Growing Businesses

I am very impressed with Sage Intacct and I would recommend it to anyone who needs a robust and flexible financial management system. It has helped me streamline my work processes, improve my productivity and efficiency, and deliver high-quality results to my clients and stakeholders. It is definitely one of the best tools I have used for financial management.

Pros

Sage Intacct is a web-based financial management system that offers advanced accounting capabilities and integrations for various industries and workflows. I like how it allows me to manage my financial and operational data from one place, with tools for planning, budgeting, reporting, automation, and compliance. I can also customize and configure the system to suit my specific needs and preferences, such as creating custom fields, forms, dashboards, and workflows. Sage Intacct integrates well with other Adobe products, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as other third-party applications, such as Slack, Salesforce, and Google Drive.

Cons

One thing that I think Sage Intacct can improve on is the pricing and limitation options. The plans are quote-based and depend on the number of users, entities, modules, and transactions. The pricing can be quite expensive and complex, especially for small businesses with limited budgets. The system also has some limitations on the number of custom fields, reports, and dashboards that can be created. I hope they can offer more affordable and flexible plans in the future.

Krishna
Krishna

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

The easiest accounting program I've ever used

With Sage Intacct's user-friendly interface, you won't have any trouble using it and getting the job done. For my accounting needs, I generally utilize Sage Intacct's reporting tools. These tools provide me a wide range of options for reporting and analysis, and the software's user-friendly design makes it easy for anybody to use.

Pros

I like how well-organized the financial records are, as well as the automated payment schedules and reminders he sends to remind me of upcoming due dates. It features a better user interface than some of its rivals. Adoption was pushed by one of our staff members, and the system's users said they liked it.

Cons

Sage Intacct is a great system in general, and I have no complaints. My time would be better spent if there were shortcuts. People who aren't familiar with accounting systems may have a hard time with the interface.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Great Accounting System, but with some limitations

We are definitely saving time with Intacct. It is so much smoother and quicker to use. The internet based software is so easy to use compared to a program.

Pros

I like how users cannot force things to work like in QuickBooks. If the rec doesn't balance, they have to figure it out. Also, there's more reporting dimensions and a rigid chart of accounts so the users cannot create their own accounts.

Cons

The reporting needs a lot of work. There are so many dimensions that exist in this software that you cannot run a report on. There also seems to be a fair amount of glitches and errors.

Response from Sage

Hello! Thank you for taking timeout to write your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and welcome your insights. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to talk about your experience and areas for improvement in the product.
Regards,
[email protected]

Replied 30/09/2019
Peter
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Community Broadcasters

Pros

Dynamic Reporting
Departmental functionality

Cons

Cost in comparison to other products/licenses

Reviewed on 15/01/2023

It enhances our ability to follow all the details of the accounts of the project

Sage Intacct has helped us to enhance our ability to better control the financial affairs of projects, as all accounts (credit and debit) are constantly updated, and we also benefited from the organization of records, also the reports helped us to better understand the financial situation of the project, and this enhanced our ability to take the required corrective actions at the right time.

Pros

It's great that Sage Intacct has many powerful tools that allow us to perfectly control all our accounts, especially the journal, as we can track project expenses and revenues on one dashboard with great flexibility. Since it is based on the cloud, we have more control over saving financial data and archiving invoices, in addition to payment orders, and the wonderful thing is that everything that is saved is recorded in records, with filters that make it easier for us to search for them when we need them. It is also great to have the ability to follow up and control the credit and debit accounts available in Sage Intacct, as the alerts arrive in sufficient time to remind the payment due dates (credit and debit), and at the same time we can get a comprehensive view of the amounts available in the accounts, so that we can early evaluate our ability to pay On time, which helps us to take action that includes us fulfilling our obligations in a timely manner.

Cons

Sometimes the automation available in Sage Intacct does not work as required, especially making reconciliations between accounts, as ensuring the correctness of operations requires us to make additional efforts to check them and correct errors manually.

Walter

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

Happy with the Product!

Pros

The implementation process took place a few months ago and went very well. We were assigned a highly competent and collaborative implementation consultant that got us up and running in about 3 months.

Cons

The interface is still a little outdated in some areas (but Sage is working on updating the UI consistently throughout the program). Some interactions with the system are not as intuitive as they should be.

NetSuite

Angel

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

The finest online account manager saves time and protects financial data.

Sage Intacct helps us manage client accounts efficiently. It also streamlined the financial reporting process and allowed us to retain our records and transactions securely in the cloud, which saved time and enhanced our productivity because we no longer need to email financial information and invoices to multiple departments for approval.

Pros

Sage Intacct uses the cloud to maintain all your bank accounts on one screen, allowing you to conveniently plan and schedule payments and make settlements. Sage Intacct's user interface is easy to navigate, and with all the options in one place, it's easy to see what's available and get things done quickly. I like that it automatically downloads, scans, and enters invoice data, avoiding human data entry errors. Sage Intacct's logs are accurate and comprehensive of all account events within the chosen time period. I enjoy how he keeps track of costs and prepares accounting and tax reports. I enjoy how many people may be in the system and how updates are recorded promptly, which makes it easier to handle various customers and suppliers, settle their payments, and keep data nice and organized.

Cons

It doesn't effect service quality. Sage Intacct is secure and easy to use, however it requires greater automation to eliminate manual entries.

Samantha
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

Robust solution for financial management

Sage Intacct is a reliable and comprehensive platform that has significantly improved our financial processes. Its ability to automate tasks and generate accurate reports in a short amount of time has been of great value to our company.

Pros

I like Sage Intacct for its ability to automate and streamline our financial processes. With just a few clicks, I can generate accurate and detailed financial reports in a matter of minutes. In addition, the ability to integrate data from different departments into a single platform has allowed us to have a complete, real-time view of our financial situation.

Cons

I wish it offered a wider variety of customization options in terms of the visual appearance of the reports.

hedaia

Reviewed on 13/02/2022

For organizations and projects, this is a great way to keep track of multiple budgets and...

It has now become very easy to keep track of all the transactions and financial data of the company and its affiliated projects, as we were able to pay and receive invoices and record them in the records in a simple and secure manner.

Pros

Budgeting and financial reporting are two of the best features of Sage Intacct. With this technology, the organization will be able to use it to the fullest degree in managing its financial concerns. In addition to the numerous internal controls, the platform's connection to the cloud makes it a strong database that organizes all financial and accounting records and reports, giving auditors confidence in the reports we publish. Sage Intacct's analytics, which provide account status and comparison reports between accounts receivable and payable, are also something I appreciate. It's also convenient because it's integrated with so many other programs, making it simple to import and export data.

Cons

I find it somewhat slow, especially when dealing with a large number of invoices, and the search identifiers must be updated so that the searches are simpler than they are now and give the required results.

Abbey
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 20/12/2023

Complete and reliable solution for financial management

Sage Intacct has been a very effective tool in simplifying and improving our financial management. With its comprehensive feature set, ease of use and customization.

Pros

I like its ability to streamline our financial processes. With automated functions, such as bank reconciliation and financial reporting, we have been able to reduce the effort spent on manual tasks. It is also very helpful that the functions are logically organized, allowing me to quickly access the information I need.

Cons

It's a very complete platform, so far I haven't found anything I don't like.

Caren

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

It is a unique tool for expressing the institution's financial position.

we were able to obtain an incredible organization of information and accounting records, as well as a true representation of the financial position of our institution, which enabled us to improve the quality of financial operations and bring the views closer together in order to make appropriate decisions.

Pros

Sage Intacct is easy to handle and performs the functions you need thanks to its easy-to-use design. I mostly use the reporting features of Sage Intacct, which offers a wide range of options for reporting and analysis, and the user-friendly interface greatly simplifies the accounting processes even for beginners. Sage Intacct can be customized to fit the nature of the financial transactions you require, which makes switching between screens very flexible. I like how the accounting records are organized, as well as scheduling payments automatically, as well as the notifications that he sends reminding the dues that have been scheduled.

Cons

In general, I have no issues about the Sage Intacct system. I wish there were shortcuts or quick links available.

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Sage Intacct product review

Overall the system is easy to use and they are constantly making improvements. They are also taking user feedback into consideration and implementing it into new updates every quarter.

Pros

I really like the automatic billing capability, I can now send my invoices in 2 hours instead of 2 days. The level of details in the financial reports is exactly what our company was looking for when we switched to Intacct. The ease of having our expense reporting system and Intacct communicate is super helpful, means less manual work.

Cons

I would like to have more features when I record payments and I can't edit certain transactions. I like to drill down on come of the reports and you can't do that so finding out where that information came from is sometimes a challenge.

Response from Sage

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are having a positive experience using Sage Intacct and that you're saving time on invoicing. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Replied 29/11/2018
Lisa

Reviewed on 06/06/2023

Software that's easy to use and manage.

Overall, I've had a pretty good experience with Intacct. If they could work on the few complaints, I would be happier. I just don't have time to create a ticket for every defect unless it truly affects the company.

Pros

Invoicing is easy and the reporting is straight forward.

Cons

There are many defects that need to be tweaked. Updating customer addresses in contacts will not update an address on an open invoice. With Recurring invoicing you have to add the customer to a recurring billing group to know it can be paid. Open invoices for the same customer dated the same day of the recurring will be paid even if not a recurring invoice. Many defects in my opinion.

Jodie

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

The experience has been great. Very flexible and customizable software.

Pros

The flexibility of the software has to be its greatest strength. Reports, workflows, field names, etc are just a few of the customizable items in Intacct. But Platform Services allows for the development of entire applications within Intacct to support your business processes down to the most granular detail.

Cons

The reporting, platform services, and general ledger modules (the modules that our company use the most) don't seem to get very much attention in the past few years in terms of further development in the quarterly update to the software. They are very useful as they currently exist but have some long-standing limitations that don't seem to be on anyone's radar.

Response from Sage

Hello Jodie,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that are taking Advantage of Sage Intacct's flexibility. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Replied 29/11/2018
Leslie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 17/10/2023

Fifteen Years with Sage Intacct and Counting

Pros

Easy to use. A robust, comprehensive system. Very few outages or service issues.

Cons

No complaints- been with Sage Intacct since 2008.