About Google Contacts

Google Contacts is a cloud-based solution that allows enterprises to store and manage contacts in a built-in directory. Professionals can create/import new contacts with details such as mailing address, phone number or directory...

4.7
4.7

Browse Google Contacts Reviews

Taylor C.
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

Has been dependable for years

Pros

I love that I don't have to worry about my contacts being lost because of the device itself. I love that I can log into my Gmail account and it's automatically there

Cons

I don't like that it doesn't always automatically backup contacts especially if new ones have been added and I was unaware that they were not backed up yet

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Contacts Everywhere

Being able to synch data between mobile devices or multiple computers has been a blessing. Once a contact is synced, you don't have to worry about losing any information. Just make sure you don't delete Contacts recklessly. If you have duplicate contacts, you can merge them as well. The user interface is a tad bland, simple, but once you get used to it, you can create labels to access a group of emails in a quicker way. You can customize a lot of information per contact, which allows you to make sure you're not missing any crucial information.

Pros

Having all your contacts in one place and being able to access that information from anywhere has been really helpful. The amount of details and data you can store per contact is more than enough (multiple phone numbers, emails, addresses, etc.)

Cons

The user interface is very simple, very bland. It could use a touch up.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

Can't not use it. But I wish they'd make some improvements.

I don't find Google Contacts to be the easiest thing to navigate or do what I want to do (too many clicks to add someone to a group, for instance), but it's aesthetically appealing and gets the job done. I can't get around using it and I have to admit the group function (while clunky) is indispensable for me at this point.

Pros

Obviously it very easily integrates with the whole Google suite, which is great. And I like being able to set up groups to easily send to.

Cons

You can't select WHICH address for someone you want included in a group. So if you know someone from work and personal life and you want a specific address in different groups, you can't do that. It's maddening.

Top Google Contacts Alternatives

Eleana M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 28/03/2022

It is a great tool because it is complete and well-spread

In an overview I like to work with it, on my computer it is agile and I practice using it and finding what I need, which gives me a lot of productivity gain on a daily basis, reflecting on profit, on my cell phone integration is something that could improve because it takes a lot of time and steps to make this integration but if everything is right it is also very easy to use.

Pros

because it is a tool that everyone uses, it is constantly evolving, so there are few problems that it presents, for managing a company it is wonderful because you have a complete package in one place. Very intuitive and easy to use and pass on knowledge.

Cons

I believe it could improve the integration with all brands and models of devices available on the market, making it easier and faster I have an iphone and whenever I need to restore it for some reason, to return the data takes a long time because I need to do many things so that the data appears on my device.

Elroy E.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

Never lose your contacts again!

Its an easy way to enter, store and retrieve your contacts so you will never lose communication with important clients/people.

Pros

Very easy to use and set up. I can access my contacts across devices and from anywhere. I love that my contacts are backed up and and easily imported to a new device if my device is lost or stolen. Love the smart group feature that automatically group clients and friends from the same organization/place.

Cons

You may need to review the privacy settings and select your preferences as some things are not upfront. Also the fields are somewhat limited when adding a contact, this can be improved upon.

Stephanie M.

Reviewed on 14/05/2022

Best way to make sure everything is saved

Pros

What are the best of my Google contacts is that I'm able to save my contacts to my Gmail account and it syncs perfectly with any device that I log into on my Gmail account so I no longer do I have to worry about me losing my contacts on my phone because they are saved to my Gmail account. I love that I don't need to download another app I can actually add it to my iPhone since it's related to my Gmail account in my contacts to show up on the iPhone.

Cons

I can't think of an issue with Google contacts it worked flawlessly.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Longterm Storage of contacts

It has been good and helpful, in ensuring that my contacts are intact. This saves me alot of stress.

Pros

When ever I get a new phone, my phone contacted automatically comes back on my phone, this is a big deal to me because I live in a country were you can have the option of saving contacts on the Phone storage or on the SIM, people hardly use google contact.
Since I discovered the usefulness of Google contact, I ensure that all my contact are saved on Google contacts

Cons

I don't think I have any issues with Google contact.

Stace G.
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 30/05/2022

So easy

Pros

This is the sort of software that I love. The sort where you forget you use it because it just does everything in the background for you. adding contacts, updating contacts, easily downloadable information. Don't even have to think about it

Cons

Nothing I can think of at this time right now

Pamela S.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 03/06/2022

Keeping your contacts in order, give respect to your business and your time

makes life and business so much easier, easy to find, easy to edit and share with other, huge time saver and appreciated

Pros

ability to keep my contacts in order and the convenince of finding them easily and sharing them with other

Cons

nothing, it is easy to use and so helpful huge time saver

Jairo L.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 26/06/2022

Keep all my contacts and even more.

Pros

This app helps me to save phone numbers, addresses and profiles in social media linked to my contacts. Also I can see them on my phone and even on my laptop logging in with my Google account.

Cons

Google contacts is not by default on my work's Mac computer.

Liaqat ali S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 10/01/2022

The smartest ever Contacts Manager till date

I simple love Google Contacts for its ease of use and accessibility but more for its contacts syncing with Gmail, as being a careless smartphone user I often get my phone broken or render it unusable, bit due to it I do not have to worry about losing my contacts.

Pros

Google Contacts is the most useful easy to use contact manager that I have ever used. It has a very minimal, clean and simple user interface. Saving and editing contacts is very easy in it, and its vast integrations allows you to directly save a contact from another app (like whatsapp, SMS manager, email etc) to it. You can save multiple sort of information and contact types like phone number(s), email, fax, physical address(es) and even birth days along with assigning different labels to them. Contacts can also be assigned photos that it usually auto fetch if they have uploaded one to their profile. It enables you to share contacts easily and support multiple channels for contact sharing. searching a contact is very easy and fast and can be done by wither writing name or number in the dial pad. Along with saving contacts in traditional way to phone and SIM memory, you can choose to save them to your Gmail account, thus you never lose your contacts even if you lose your phone and can sync your contacts to a new device just by logging in to your Gmail account. it also allows you to group contacts on different basis, which is very useful and make life easy, if you communicate same thing to group of people regularly.

Cons

Google Contacts in my opinion has only one serious issue, which is that when you login through your Gmail id on another android device, that device with out any delay syncs with your contacts. Google Contacts should make a mechanism due to which before download contacts it should ask for specific permission regarding it.

Raj K.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

Manage your ever-growing network like a piece of cake!

Google contacts is a highly versatile software to manage all sizes of contact lists. You can customize your list in too many ways. The search feature is too powerful, and all your contacts' information will be at your fingertips. I have not found a better software for this purpose so far!

Pros

1. It is the most versatile contacts management software available on multiple platforms.
2. You can instantly search from a database of contacts, howsoever large it is.
3. You can add, import, delete, modify any number of contacts with full details.
4. Marking with labels ensures that you see all contacts with one or multiple tags at one place.
5. You can export your list to several compatible software directly.
6. The merge and Fix feature is too good to resolve multiple entries by merging them or if they are different, edit them to ensure correct results on your next search.
7. The user interface is intuitive, and you need not learn it as you will get to know the features as you use them.
8. You can sort your list alphabetically on any field of your contact database.
9. When you view a contact, it shows all the details in a summarised single screen, including the details of the last three emails exchanged.
10. You can even see an auto-generated list of frequently contacted contacts at the click of your mouse.

Cons

1. You may merge or modify similar contacts by mistake and may find it difficult to go back.
2. There are no advanced search options, and you need to search with multiple strings manually.
3. When your contacts database is too large, the database features available may not efficiently handle it.
4. Editing multiple contacts is much faster in Excel than in this software.
5. A large number of contacts may slow down your smartphone.

Mona K.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

My go-to contact organization system

Have used it for years, and have no complaints. Highly recommend for anyone who wants to keep their contact list organized, and handy. You can import from many different formats, or just type them in one-by-one, if that's easier for you. Take the time to do it, it will be worth it, for peace of mind, knowing the data is safe and secure, and easily retrieved.

Pros

Google Contacts has been my contact management system for many years. It replaces any need for your old-fashioned personal address book, or spreadsheet-listing of contacts. It offers a large number of standard contact-related fields. Certainly, there are enough fields for everyone to find what they need, in terms of their contact-management. Obviously name/address/multiple phones/emails. But they also have date fields for important events, notes for copious comments, and it's easy to upload a photo, or if the user has a Google account, their default photo will come in. Further, you can group contacts as you see fit. I.e., if you want separate personal from business, you can. Or if you want a quick way to see all of your doctors, or any other subset of your contact list. Best of all, smart phones know how to sync with Google Contacts. My husband and I share one contacts list and the auto-sync is perfect for us. Either one of us can make a change or an addition, and the other receives the change in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Really no complaints. I haven't found anything to be lacking. All of contacts-management needs are fully met.

Summer A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 31/07/2021

Versatile, free and very powerful

I love it. I use it all the time and have both my personal and business contacts on it. I have never lost a contact or had a corrupted contact card. It is very stable and super easy to use.

Pros

I love the fact that as long as I know my gmail password I can have access to my contacts on any device. I can set this up on multiple phones / tablets etc. I can access it on firefox, google chrome samsung internet and safari. It is available in google drive and will update all devices attached as long as synced with net.

There are a lot of fields of information that you can customize giving you a very comprehensive contact profile. You can save their location to this too and this automatically syncs with google maps.
When you open up their profile you know what platform they can be reached on (eg whatsapp, signal etc) and you can contact them directly through the app.

Additionally you can migrate the contact to another gmail account as I have done without having to re type everything in. There are many apps that will access the data here without glitches, I guess they make it compatible. It is unbelievably easy to use, does not need training, self explanatory and FREE.

It is stable.

Cons

Actually I have not found any issued with the app. I have stopped using all other contact apps and only use this one now, for personal and for business.
The only thing I don't like is there appears to be no actual app that can be downloaded onto MAC therefore I always have to have internet to access it on Mac and must do so through firefox, chrome etc.

Samuel K.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 21/03/2021

Great Software for Organizing Your Contacts!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the layout of the screen on which all of one's contacts can be found, which ultimately allows for a simple and efficient search for a piece of contact information when it is needed. This software serves as an excellent tool in terms of being able to save important phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, and the like. What I also very much like about this software is that a user is able to sync his or her contact information from their smartphone, for instance, onto the Google cloud, which would in turn allow that individual to keep their vital contact information safe in case their smartphone, tablet, or similar device gets lost. Once that individual gets a new device, he or she would be able to obtain their entire contact list and sync it to the new device from the Google cloud, as long as all of the contact information was saved beforehand. As such, I would undoubtedly recommend this software to anyone who has an important contact list and is interested in saving it in the cloud such that it would never get lost.

Cons

There is honestly nothing that I do not like about this software due to the fact that it is about to carry out all of its expected functionalities in a consistent manner without any glitches, at least in my experience using it for quite a while now. All this software is made to do is to store contact information, and it does that task exceptionally well, even more so that other alternatives such as the typical contacts app on a standard smartphone, which in most cases would only store that information locally, instead of being stored on the cloud. All of this reasoning is why I have not much to report on the negative front in regards to this particular software.

Cory M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

Easy Use, Cross-Platform Accessibility Makes Google Contacts the Go-To.

Google Contacts keeps me organized and prepared. My work puts me in contact with others on a regular basis, often individuals that I need to reach out to at a later date. The ease of use that Google Contacts provides is a great benefit to me as I can readily save contacts and call, text, or email them at a later date without the hassle of carrying around a stack of business cards. All in all, this is a useful solution!

Pros

Google Contacts is an excellent resource that I would recommend to any colleague or friend. It is easy to begin using and creating contacts within the application itself is as easy as clicking the + sign and inputting contact information. Google Contacts can hold a plethora of information for each contact, including phonetic spelling for hard-to-pronounce names; company, department, and job title; fax, phone, mobile, home email, work email, and other points of contact; Address; Website; birthday; relationship, and more. Contact cards can be accessed on any platform with internet access and can be easily shared with others. This is a well-rounded application.

Cons

Google Contacts has many of the necessary features to be a solid and worthwhile application. The only thing that this application lacks is what some might consider to be a minor detail - specifically, the ability to color-code contacts. When you create a new contact card in Google Contacts, you are randomly assigned a color, and I have yet to discover a way to change this. Otherwise, the application is excellent.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

My Google Contacts

Pros

I am using google contacts when I purchased my 1st android phone, here I want to share a short story behind it, I had a normal black screen mobile phone named Nokia x2-02 and one day when I was returning from my college the phone was missed somewhere and I searched everywhere because I had a lot of contacts saved in my phone memory and sim as well but it was useless and due to this incident I lost my old friends numbers also several relatives that was a very heavy loss so one of my friends suggested me to switch to android mobile and it has a applications which can gives you a ultimate solution and you will not loose again the contacts again in your entire life so I have purchased the android phone and by the time I save my number one by one and now after couple of years no any incident reoccurred and Google contacts saved my all numbers to its cloud, thanks God ! it is a very useful and beneficial applications and now I know that if I will change my phone so it will be no issue although no need to save and convert or write again, Thanks Google team you are awsome!

Cons

Overall its a good application as I defined but the least part which I likes is the download contacts feature in excel format , it should be like a report although its fine !

Sarah C.

Reviewed on 01/05/2021

Not impermeable but at always present

Privacy be damned...I'd rather have my contacts secured, safe in the Google-sphered every SINGLE time I've needed them, wanted them, looked for them, or lost them. They're never leaving you alone now, and they will be "openly" deceitful about it, but at least you have 971 more people to complain to that about!

Pros

Google makes phone switches, losses, steals, or the panic the second you drop your phone on to the hard sidewalk (it's never over the couch) a thing of the past...well at least as far as data backups are concerned. Even when I wasn't prepared to have a phone "die" on me, Google's contacts always *always* have made the switch with me, and usually before me, and usually without my help. It's a huge relief to know my 971 contacts are safely backed up, considering I don't know or remember who half of them are anymore, but at least thanks to the ease and functionality of Google, I can keep those numbers until I want to kick em to the curb *but not literally speaking this time!

Cons

The software is so invasive and shady about their privacy and permissions, they make everything seem up front with their brightly colored and long worded explanations that are 13 layers of inception deep, but getting to ALL the places you need to in order to turn off/change some of the privacy features is a really hidden hiccup.

Sanchit B.

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Better than the alternatives, but got some ways to go

Contacts can be useful for keeping track of my recent interactions with people and quickly pulling up their contact info. However, it is not as feature rich as it has the capability to be.

Pros

- Both the web UI and the android UI is really aesthetic in typical google fashion
- I like being able to create multiple contacts as a comma separated list
- If you add an email for a contact, you will see your email conversations with them. If the contact is within your google workspace, their name/contact info/manager etc. gets populated automatically which is super useful.
- Labels can be useful for quick filtering, e.g. by team
- Custom fields, when the default fields fall short, can be super useful. I use these in a personal setting to keep track of when I last talked to a person.
- Integrates well with google's own suite of apps

Cons

- Importing contacts is not quite smart, I get lots of duplicates if I export and import the same file after making edits. Uploading when setting up your account is a much better experience though.
- Not much in the way of third party integrations within contacts itself, seems like a miss to not have some sort of facebook/instagram/linkedin integration. You are able to provide links to those profiles as a field however.

Saqib S.

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Google Contacts - Spectecular Option

I have good experience with Google Contacts because I have faced a problem early that is why this option is excellent for everyone.

Pros

Google Contacts became much important for everyone nowadays, it has the brilliant option that everyone can save their contacts by availing this option. Earlier many people use to worry that if mobile phones are snatched or fallen somewhere so everyone become alone because all saved contact has also gone with the phone. After having Google Contacts I am free from all difficulty which I faced early. Phones can purchased again but contacts makes connection with each other.

Cons

There is no word to dislike it because it has best option to make contacts again in your contact list if you lost your phones or mobiles.

Aatif K.

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

The best ever

Google contacts has been my primary contact manager for years now due to its variety of user entries, fast contact searching and excellent contacts backup.

Pros

Google Contacts is by far the best contacts managing software in all aspects. It has a very minimal and light yet pleasant user interface. Creating and editing contacts is very easy in it and multiple tupe of information can be written about a single contact like phone numbers, emails various addresses. It also allows you to issue stickers to contacts or sort them in to various categories. The best thing about Google Contacts is that all your contacts saves in to Gmail account as you write them, so can can later access them on any other device just by syncing it with your gmail. Also it lets you scroll through contacts or search a specific contact very fastly. Along with integrations with third party softwares, it automatically integrates with other Google softwares.

Cons

Throughout the years that I have used Google Contacts, I do not remember to have faced any issue using it.

Nathan S.

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

Google Contacts is the swiss army knife Contact app

Pros

Google Contacts is a good app for managing and syncing contacts across multiple devices. It leverages your Google account and backs up your contacts to the cloud so you can keep them all in one place. The best features include:

1) Sync & Backup contacts between accounts, as you add accounts to your phone, you can add contacts from multiple accounts and sync them there. If you change contacts on one account, they sync everywhere including on the web.
2) Merge Contacts - One of the problems with contact apps is sometimes you have duplicate contacts, but with Google Contacts, you can easily merge contacts so that one name shows all the numbers for one contact. I am yet to find an app that works this well. You can also import & export contacts from other sources and sync them to your Google account.
3) Did I mention the free part? Well Google Contacts is free to use as long as you have a Google account.

Cons

Google Contacts is very basic for contact editing. The number of fields you can use to edit are limited. The only other gripe would be the lack of an Apple app to replace the equivalent on iOS.

Arshad R.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

The best of best

For me Google Contacts has become Vital for managing contacts as I am often careless with my phone, so I sync my contacts to new device easily with it just by signing in to my gmail.

Pros

Google contacts is the best contact manager one can think about due to its features. Its interface is super simple which makes it very easy to write new contacts or edit old ones. Along with saving contacts to phone and sim memory, it also allows you to save them to your Gmail, thus creating a backup in gmail servers, thus enabling you to retrieve them any time on any device from your gmail account which is a blessing in case if you lose your phone or it becomes disfunctional. Along with that you can write different modes of contact information about a contact. You can also assign photos to contacts, which shows on screen when calling and also in thumbnail before the name, specially useful in scenario if you have multiple contacts with same name. Apart from that it also integrates with necessary apps easily.

Cons

I am using Google Contacts for a long time and honestly haven't encountered any problem using it yet.

Suryani A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Shares contact list easily

Pros

Google Contacts is the best contact sharing and management that i have come across and is free to use it. All of my contact list, from email contact and phone number contact list are merge on this single application, and can be called back easily from any other service or software that are linked with it.

Cons

This application is simple to be used and do its works perfectly, and i don't see anything negative with it that make me dislike it. They might need to add more feature or revamp some of the feature to make it more user friendly, but the current feature is more than enough for me to work with it.

Mashal A.

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Google Contacts.. Never lose a contact.

I have been using Google Contacts for more than 9 years, and it has become a part of my personal, work and social life. With Google contacts, now I being a care less person, don't have to search for and write each contact whenever I get my phone lost or broken.

Pros

The biggest quality of Google contacts is that it backs up your entire contact list along with all the individual details to your Gmail Id, which makes it easy to access your contacts anywhere and on any device just by syncing that device with your Gmail. Unlike traditional address books, it gives you the freedom to add as many contact numbers, addresses and email IDs to a single contact, and assign labels to them. Also importing and exporting contacts to other platforms is very easy with it.

Cons

Often when you login your Gmail on another android device, it automatically syncs/ download your contacts to that device without asking/ alerting about that specifically.