Google Contacts Reviews

About Google Contacts

Google Contacts is a cloud-based solution that allows enterprises to store and manage contacts in a built-in directory. Professionals can create/import new contacts with details such as mailing address, phone number or directory...

Browse Google Contacts Reviews

Reviewed on 01/05/2021

Not impermeable but at always present

Privacy be damned...I'd rather have my contacts secured, safe in the Google-sphered every SINGLE time I've needed them, wanted them, looked for them, or lost them. They're never leaving you alone now, and they will be "openly" deceitful about it, but at least you have 971 more people to complain to that about!

Pros

Google makes phone switches, losses, steals, or the panic the second you drop your phone on to the hard sidewalk (it's never over the couch) a thing of the past...well at least as far as data backups are concerned. Even when I wasn't prepared to have a phone "die" on me, Google's contacts always *always* have made the switch with me, and usually before me, and usually without my help. It's a huge relief to know my 971 contacts are safely backed up, considering I don't know or remember who half of them are anymore, but at least thanks to the ease and functionality of Google, I can keep those numbers until I want to kick em to the curb *but not literally speaking this time!

Cons

The software is so invasive and shady about their privacy and permissions, they make everything seem up front with their brightly colored and long worded explanations that are 13 layers of inception deep, but getting to ALL the places you need to in order to turn off/change some of the privacy features is a really hidden hiccup.

Brian

Reviewed on 19/07/2023

Brian’s Review

Overall I am pleased with the product and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

"The Connection point is great, I was capable comprehend its purposes rapidly. The best Thing about google items are Combination between every applications."

Cons

"The main disadvantage we have seen, is that every so often I have erased a few contacts and afterward I sign in from another gadget and an is accessible, the process can't be rushed to totally erase it."

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

Can't not use it. But I wish they'd make some improvements.

I don't find Google Contacts to be the easiest thing to navigate or do what I want to do (too many clicks to add someone to a group, for instance), but it's aesthetically appealing and gets the job done. I can't get around using it and I have to admit the group function (while clunky) is indispensable for me at this point.

Pros

Obviously it very easily integrates with the whole Google suite, which is great. And I like being able to set up groups to easily send to.

Cons

You can't select WHICH address for someone you want included in a group. So if you know someone from work and personal life and you want a specific address in different groups, you can't do that. It's maddening.

Top Google Contacts Alternatives

Karen

Reviewed on 05/03/2024

Essential to the business

very good - use daily and find it intuitive and flexible

Pros

flexibility and ease of access from multiple devices

Cons

sometimes difficult to purge incorrect contact email address, when deleted it still lingers!

Reviewed on 29/12/2023

Google Contacts is a great resource for contact storage and management

Pros

Google contacts keeps contacts serviceable across multiple devices and allows for pictures to be inserted. I enjoy its ability to divide contacts into categories.

Cons

I don't like the fact that so much information about so many people is stored online.

Drick
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Google can do it all

It a most to keep up with friends and family and share love.

Pros

Helps keep track of all my families and friends I use Google contacts to keep it all together a n d stay on top of it all

Cons

It don't work as good on a apple phone but I have both and the android system is far better than apple

Ofomata
Ofomata
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 09/09/2023

Experiences with Google Contacts

My experience with Google Contacts have been great so far. It has really helpful features that I've gotten used to.

Pros

I like the simple interface and ease of use. The ability to backup and sync my contacts across my devices is quite impressive.

Cons

I think the only downside of Google Contacts is that I don't get to see my most relevant contacts first.

Akash
Akash
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Best Contact Management Platform for Every User

Pros

Easy to use, with cloud sync support, Access to anywhere. Overall its a good product for me.

Cons

This time for me no dislike and cons for this app.

Haydn
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 19/10/2023

Keep up to date

Pros

Makes keeping a phone book that much easier, easy to import contacts

Cons

It has a bit of a basic UI, they could have spent more time designing

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 18/11/2023

Keep in Touch with Anyone with Google Contacts

Pros

The thing I like most about Google Contacts is it keeps my important information in one place. I like that when I am about to contact someone, it will automatically show me a list of contacts that I recently used. I can call, chat, or email anyone in my contacts.

Cons

The least thing I don't like about Google Contacts is it doesn't automatically delete contacts that I don't use, so I have to manually delete them myself.

Mona
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

My go-to contact organization system

Have used it for years, and have no complaints. Highly recommend for anyone who wants to keep their contact list organized, and handy. You can import from many different formats, or just type them in one-by-one, if that's easier for you. Take the time to do it, it will be worth it, for peace of mind, knowing the data is safe and secure, and easily retrieved.

Pros

Google Contacts has been my contact management system for many years. It replaces any need for your old-fashioned personal address book, or spreadsheet-listing of contacts. It offers a large number of standard contact-related fields. Certainly, there are enough fields for everyone to find what they need, in terms of their contact-management. Obviously name/address/multiple phones/emails. But they also have date fields for important events, notes for copious comments, and it's easy to upload a photo, or if the user has a Google account, their default photo will come in. Further, you can group contacts as you see fit. I.e., if you want separate personal from business, you can. Or if you want a quick way to see all of your doctors, or any other subset of your contact list. Best of all, smart phones know how to sync with Google Contacts. My husband and I share one contacts list and the auto-sync is perfect for us. Either one of us can make a change or an addition, and the other receives the change in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Really no complaints. I haven't found anything to be lacking. All of contacts-management needs are fully met.

Samuel
Samuel
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 21/03/2021

Great Software for Organizing Your Contacts!

Pros

What I like most about this software is the layout of the screen on which all of one's contacts can be found, which ultimately allows for a simple and efficient search for a piece of contact information when it is needed. This software serves as an excellent tool in terms of being able to save important phone numbers, email addresses, physical addresses, and the like. What I also very much like about this software is that a user is able to sync his or her contact information from their smartphone, for instance, onto the Google cloud, which would in turn allow that individual to keep their vital contact information safe in case their smartphone, tablet, or similar device gets lost. Once that individual gets a new device, he or she would be able to obtain their entire contact list and sync it to the new device from the Google cloud, as long as all of the contact information was saved beforehand. As such, I would undoubtedly recommend this software to anyone who has an important contact list and is interested in saving it in the cloud such that it would never get lost.

Cons

There is honestly nothing that I do not like about this software due to the fact that it is about to carry out all of its expected functionalities in a consistent manner without any glitches, at least in my experience using it for quite a while now. All this software is made to do is to store contact information, and it does that task exceptionally well, even more so that other alternatives such as the typical contacts app on a standard smartphone, which in most cases would only store that information locally, instead of being stored on the cloud. All of this reasoning is why I have not much to report on the negative front in regards to this particular software.

Ayham

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

Use Google Contacts and save your contacts forever

The integration of Google Apps and extensions has been always excellent and perfect for someone like me who works as an accountant and has daily contact with clients. Adding Google Contacts has made many tasks easier for me. Everything is ready in one click. See all contacts with phone numbers and two email addresses. So I highly recommend Google Contacts.

Pros

Storing your contacts in one place and restoring them at any time is one of the most prominent features of Google Contacts, plus there is no fear of losing contacts on your phone, whether the phone is lost or broken, you can download all your contacts in one click. Google Contacts is an easy-to-use and reliable tool that integrates perfectly with Gmail. With Google Contacts you can create personal mailing lists, which saves you a lot of time and effort. All of these features have made Google Contacts indispensable, both in my job and in my personal life.

Cons

I have been using google contacts for more than 4 years and never had any real problem with google contacts; I hope sync will be improved by doing it manually so that I can control sync when I want and on the device I want; I am very satisfied with google contacts. I highly recommend it.

Nathan
Nathan

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

Google Contacts is the swiss army knife Contact app

Pros

Google Contacts is a good app for managing and syncing contacts across multiple devices. It leverages your Google account and backs up your contacts to the cloud so you can keep them all in one place. The best features include:

1) Sync & Backup contacts between accounts, as you add accounts to your phone, you can add contacts from multiple accounts and sync them there. If you change contacts on one account, they sync everywhere including on the web.
2) Merge Contacts - One of the problems with contact apps is sometimes you have duplicate contacts, but with Google Contacts, you can easily merge contacts so that one name shows all the numbers for one contact. I am yet to find an app that works this well. You can also import & export contacts from other sources and sync them to your Google account.
3) Did I mention the free part? Well Google Contacts is free to use as long as you have a Google account.

Cons

Google Contacts is very basic for contact editing. The number of fields you can use to edit are limited. The only other gripe would be the lack of an Apple app to replace the equivalent on iOS.

Shivam

Reviewed on 18/03/2023

Review on Google Contacts

It offers a range of features, including advanced search and filtering, contact synchronization, and smart suggestions for managing and organizing contacts. However, i find the platform to be limited in terms of customization and offline functionality, Overall, Google Contacts is a solid choice for individuals and businesses looking for a reliable and easy-to-use contact management solution.

Pros

Google Contacts allows me to easily share contacts with my friends and colleagues, making it easy to collaborate and share information with team members.Google Contacts automatically synchronizes with other devices of mine or the devices where in my google account is logged in.

Cons

While Google Contacts integrates seamlessly with other Google services, such as Gmail and Google Calendar, it may not integrate as well with other third-party tools and platforms, which is a big concern for me as i rely on a range of different tools for my daily work.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 02/11/2021

What's not to love about it?!

Pros

Google Contacts is the perfect contact management app and I would totally recommend it to anyone. It helps me to store all my contact info in one place. My contacts are also categorized into 'recently contacted' so I don't have to enter info for these contacts when sending a message. The info is automatically inputted. Merging duplicate contacts and updating contacts is also quite easy with Google Contacts. My contacts are also easily categorized and labelled as friends, fsmily, colleagues, etc. This makes it easy for me to find persons to message, without having to search through my entire contacts list. It's highly customizable so I can add photos and other exciting stuff to identfiy my contacts. Not to mention, it's free and can be integrated across all Google platforms.

Cons

I love everything about Google Contacts. I think they did an amazing job in developing this app and I don't have any complaints or negatives.

Rukundo
Rukundo

Reviewed on 23/05/2021

the safest way to back up your contacts

this is really the best way if not the perfect way to back up your contacts.

Pros

I like google contacts because the first time my phone was stolen, I was very lucky that I was backing up my contacts on email because when I got a new phone I just recovered all my contacts from google contacts.
Another thing I love about Google contacts is the fact that I can get contacts that I need to call from my email if my phone goes off.
Google contacts is a very organized software compared to other options out there, I like how it gives you an option to merge contacts if they are repeated entries, instead of having to delete every double entry.

Cons

it's not really something that I dislike but I think they should offer an offline solution because without an internet connection google contacts can't sync contacts and I can't retrieve any contact as well when being offline.

Danker
Danker

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

Google contacts is superior

Without google contacts I would not be able to keep up to date with all my contacts and use them for private and business matters. It's not just an email address but a whole range of useful information that is kept in google contacts. The feature "details" helps me with keeping the details of a person's at a useful level, adding, deleting of information where necessary. Particularly useful is that google contacts synchronize with mobile applications. I use google contacts with my email application (eM Client) with perfect synchronization.

Pros

Google contacts is easy for searching your contacts, managing duplicate contacts, merging duplicates, editing contact names and details, deleting out-of-date or unuseful contacts

Cons

In fact, there's nothing that I do not like, except perhaps the splitting up contacts in "google contacts" and other contacts". The criteria for the split up are not entirely clear.

Miguel
Miguel

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

Highly accessible and efficient software

One of the most time consuming task when getting a new phone is transferring all the contacts from one phone to the other. i vividly remember spending countless mount of hours transferring my contacts from one phone to the other via Bluetooth or manual entry. Google contacts has definitely implemented highly sophisticate features to save contacts endlessly as long as you remember your credentials to login into the software. This software has definitely changed technology!

Pros

Google Contacts is one of the most efficient and convenient software currently available in the market. This software allows you to save your contacts and gives you the features to sync it across multiple devices from your tablet to your computer and countless other options. It is very time efficient since you only need to login to retrieve all of your contacts into the new device. Moreover, it allows you to save a variety of personal and identifying information from your contacts including work address, birthday and relationship to contact. This software is highly function and extremely easy to use.

Cons

I have encountered couple issues when syncing my contacts with a new device, however, I have only encountered such issue only once in a specific device and this has never happened again. I do not blame the system's functionality but maybe the device I was using, therefore, I strongly recommend this software

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Contacts Everywhere

Being able to synch data between mobile devices or multiple computers has been a blessing. Once a contact is synced, you don't have to worry about losing any information. Just make sure you don't delete Contacts recklessly. If you have duplicate contacts, you can merge them as well. The user interface is a tad bland, simple, but once you get used to it, you can create labels to access a group of emails in a quicker way. You can customize a lot of information per contact, which allows you to make sure you're not missing any crucial information.

Pros

Having all your contacts in one place and being able to access that information from anywhere has been really helpful. The amount of details and data you can store per contact is more than enough (multiple phone numbers, emails, addresses, etc.)

Cons

The user interface is very simple, very bland. It could use a touch up.

Michell

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Google Contacts as your main contact tool

Previously when you asked for your phone or it was damaged you lost all the information of your contacts, now with Google Contacts I have the facility that I can recover absolutely everything just by adding my email and that's great and saves you a lot of work. It has simply made my life much easier.

Pros

I love using Google Contacts because it allows me to organize, and store information of the people I care to have in my list, it is also super easy to use and it can be synchronized with my email account so in any device I can have the same contacts.

Cons

What I like the least is that to delete a contact I have to go into each one of them and then open the options bar, it is a very extensive process, I feel that it could make my job much easier if I could do it from the list without having to open completely the whole list.

Manohar

Reviewed on 08/08/2023

Google Contacts : An essential tool for keeping contacts organized and detailed.

The best way I've found to share and organize contacts is via Google Contacts, which is also available for free.

Pros

This is definitely the best option for keeping your list of contacts organized and giving you access to them over the cloud by simply logging into your Google Mail account. It's also amazing because of the comprehensive API.

Cons

When we accidentally lose our Google account, it can be difficult to retrieve all of our contacts. If Google Contacts offers any additional methods of access, such as security questions, it will make it simple.

Edward
Edward

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

I don't know how life (especially my work) would be like without Google Contacts

I love Google Contacts and I have been using for more than 7 years now and I will have to say that Google Contacts is like your Wifi. You don't look for it or think about it when it is working perfectly fine (especially most of the time it runs background) but when it is not working or you do not have it...that's when you REALLY feel the NEED!

Pros

Nowadays they ship most phones with Android and of course Google with it. But the most important thing is that I can keep both my iPhone and Android smartphone both synced and updated contacts! Honestly it's the best part (you can search for guides / tutorials in YouTube you should find it)

Cons

I really can't think of any for Google contacts? Especially with the fact that the service is provided with free-of-charge?! It's unbelievable!!

Sau
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Contacts storage for life

Fantastic app just like my personal electronic phone book that I can carry it around regardless which physical device I'm using at the time.

Pros

This is probably one of the most useful app for me. Since being an Android user, I have been saving all contact information here. I can access these contacts anytime by any device, either my mobile phone or tablet, or logging into Google account by any computer. Since the contact information is stored in cloud, I can access it without worrying about changing phone.

Cons

It gets a little confusing when too many phone numbers are tied to the same person. A cousin of mine keeps changing/adding phone numbers, before I know it, I was confused which number is the latest revision.

Therese

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Google Contacts for Friends, Family, and Colleagues

This has made life so much easier. I remember days of having a handwritten “blackbook” that had to constantly be crossed out and changed when somebody moved. I also love that you can easily share contact information.

Pros

I love that is connects to my gmail, so I can pull up addresses quickly. I also love that there is a notes section where I add little bits of information I don’t want to forget about people like children’s names.

Cons

I love the notes section, but it often takes me several tries to open it to write information in it. I never have a problem adding Information to the other sections when in the edit mode.