Google Cloud Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Google Cloud

Featuring G-Suite and GCP, Google Cloud is a platform that provides a reliable and easy-to-use set of solutions that can be used to tackle the toughest challenges in any type of industry. It provides secure storage options,...

Browse Google Cloud Reviews

1,843 of 1,843 reviews
Darien
Darien
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 18/02/2021

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

Pros

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use.

I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud offers a very powerful solution for web management - giving unlimited potential for upgrades & sizes, allowing for localized solutions & access to the full Google Cloud network, and giving a (cheap) solution for powerful web hosting. With GCP, we spend only $7 a month (CAD), and our site runs significantly faster than it previously did on other hosting services.

On top of that, GCP allows complete control over the backend linux server; which is a learning curve in itself, but offers quick & easy ways to manage every aspect of your website - the PHP version, specific file permissions, custom platform solutions (such as access to install different Google API's).

Cons

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Squarespace no longer fit our design or hosting needs.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Simplicity of interface & familiarity with brand
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

Pros

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis.

I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid.

AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps.

They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

Cons

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly.

DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data.

AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

We chose Google Cloud over Amazon because it was more cost effective at the level of usage we were expecting.
Mateus Charles

Reviewed on 15/04/2024

good product

For those looking for something practical, easy to handle and a storage tool, I use it daily and I have no doubt that it is the best

Pros

Cons

an auto storage increase and automatic billing

Top Google Cloud Alternatives

Imaal
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

More Better Options Available

Pros

Can store any large size files and access

Cons

Need so user friendly as compared to other cloud storages

Ryan

Reviewed on 11/04/2024

Best Cloud Service to Get Started

Pros

Compared to other major cloud services, Google Cloud might be the best place to get started with cloud services. The console is very user friendly which makes it easier for new users to utilize the cloud. It is also great for expert cloud users since it has a lot of services that is similar to other cloud services.

Cons

The customer support (especially the quota increase process) wasn't very enjoyable but I did get help in the end. The process was just more tedious and long.

Microsoft Azure and Amazon EC2

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

I decided that Google Cloud would be a great start to learning the cloud. Also, added that it has integration with Firebase, which I use for mobile development.
Arman

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

Google Cloud is one of the best cloud providers our there

Pros

Google Cloud is tightly integrated with Google Workspace which allows easy user management. The web console is intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

Google Cloud lacks some important services such as managed client VPN, managed Kafka, and Elasticsearch.

Natasha
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Storage in the cloud, simplified

Pros

The ease of using Google Cloud is the best functionality. You can essentially set it up and forget about it since you know it’s storing everything seamlessly.

Cons

I do not have issues with using Google Cloud.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 20/04/2024

Google Cloud - DR

Pros

easy to use and we rely on google cloud on a daily basis across our sales and marketing teams.

Cons

no cons at this time, we depend on Google cloud and it's helped our business grow. No Cons.

Destiny
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 17/05/2024

The clouds that store everything

I love the Google cloud never returned back to an apple device

Pros

The amount of storage it has in how it will let you know when cloud is about full

Cons

Always updating and syncing at the wrong times

Ja'Keya

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

COULDNT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER STORAGE

Pros

I like that I can't upload any information at any time and it is instantly saved so that my team can pull and review any information. I also like that the info is very organized, secure, and easily accessible for my team.

Cons

I dont have anything that i can say is bad about this application.

infant
infant
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 11/05/2022

GCP Review

Overall migration experience is very bad , but new versions made it easier. Other than that GCP monitoring tool is not that much user friendly , the guys with limited knowledge about cloud are suffering to get metrics or monitoring details. For example : to check the GCP Bucket growth , it's not a direct thing to check. We need to query it to get the info.

Pros

Ease of use. I like the most as a admin when compared to other cloud providers the spec can be customizable & the new cpu type N2d which gives better performance with less price. Easy to deploy vm's.

Cons

Oh! The dislike which comes to my mind is the Migration tool. google's M4ce migration engine version 4 is very difficult to setup , such a complex setup. One good relief is M4ce version 5 which supports migration from vmware which setup is so simple & i have migrated workloads easily. But struggled a lot with version 4.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Obviously cost is the only factor.

AWS CloudFormation

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Compared to AWS , the price is lesser & have almost all required features & some are exceptional like AI/ML.
Robson Jean
Robson Jean

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Google Cloud Platform the best Cloud Platform on the Market

The best platform for Cloud Computing, very robust, with all services that you need for you application

Pros

First, that GCP accept the Brazilian Real for payments.
Second, GCP have a lot of products for serverless apps, like Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, App Engine.
Third, I never had to talk with the GCP Support, I never had problems with they.

Cons

I think that I'dont have any complain about GCP, the price is not too high, I think is cheaper then AWS.

IBM Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Heroku is very expensive when you go to Production!

Heroku

Price and the currency
Eric R
Eric R
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

Google Cloud Platform is getting better and better

I am a huge fan of Google Cloud Platform. I have been using their services for years now, and I am amazed at how easy it is to get started. They have great tutorials that walk you through the process, and they also have an excellent support team. They are always available to answer questions, and they are great at making sure you don't get stuck.While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google has done a good job of making their system more approachable through good tutorial videos.

Pros

GCP is a powerhouse platform with a lot of flexibility and strengths. Now that they've optimized the platform to make it more understandable for non-engineers, we're using it more often since it is easy to spin up whatever you need.

Cons

While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google had a slow start to be an approachable platform for the less tech-savvy. Even now, there are more options and switches than sometimes seem appropriate.

Microsoft Azure and MongoDB

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Google offered us credits and we ran out of AWS credits.

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Free credits from Google, but the platform is really good now.
Cody
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 25/08/2022

Google Cloud review

It's been a superb experience using the platform.

Pros

I like that it's a very smart,safe, secure, easy to use, and inexpensive software that my company uses daily.

Cons

Dont know of anything that I don't like about the software. I really like and appreciate it.

OneDrive and iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

Needed a better and cheaper platform

OneDrive

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Cheaper, better quality, inexpensive, better user interface
Nolan
Nolan

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming

My overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.

Pros

Google Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.

Cons

Since everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.

Jeanette
Jeanette

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

Google Cloud is hassle free and easy peasy!

Super easy and hassle free. I don't worry about losing my information and I don't worry about poor security.

Pros

Automatic backup. Secure log-in. I have the paid HIPAA version and enjoy peace of mind knowing my information and my client's information is safe.

Cons

I don't know of any features that are missing or not occurring. The Google Cloud is a great product.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud

My external hard drive did not automatically back up my information. When I got hacked, I lost everything!

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

I didn't - I actually have both Dropbox and Google Cloud. I have Dropbox Business because I have to do some things in Microsoft and I don't want to have to upload them into the Google Cloud.
Sébastien
Sébastien

Reviewed on 16/03/2019

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

Pros

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

Cons

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

Rony

Reviewed on 23/06/2023

The Powerhouse of Cloud Computing

My overall experience with Google Cloud has been overwhelmingly positive. The platform's vast array of services and tools has empowered our organization to harness the full potential of cloud computing. The scalability and flexibility provided have allowed us to seamlessly adapt to our changing needs. The robust security measures instilled confidence in the protection of our data. While the learning curve and occasional performance issues posed minor challenges, the overall reliability, performance, and feature-rich environment of Google Cloud have made it our preferred choice for cloud computing solutions.

Pros

Google Cloud left an indelible mark on me with its outstanding features and capabilities. The scalability and flexibility it offered were unparalleled, allowing us to effortlessly adjust resources based on our evolving needs. The robust security measures implemented by Google ensured our data remained protected and gave us peace of mind. The wide array of services and tools available within the platform empowered us to tackle complex tasks with ease. The seamless integration with other Google products facilitated a cohesive workflow. Above all, the reliability and performance of Google Cloud solidified its position as our preferred cloud computing solution.

Cons

While Google Cloud offers an impressive range of features, there were a few areas that fell short of my expectations. One drawback was the complexity of the platform, which required a significant learning curve to fully grasp and utilize its capabilities. Additionally, the pricing structure felt somewhat convoluted, making it challenging to estimate costs accurately. The customer support, although available, sometimes took longer than desired to address our queries. We also experienced occasional performance issues during peak usage times. Despite these shortcomings, Google Cloud's overall performance and feature set make it a compelling choice for cloud computing needs.

Hillary
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 09/05/2022

The Google Cloud is Peace of Mind

Overall, I have had only good experiences with the cloud. I haven't noticed any glitches, crashes or problems with hackers. I feel that my data, workload and memories are all safe and secure and I feel that I have control over what happens to them. I would never switch to a different product - I love the cloud!

Pros

I really value the ease of use, peace of mind and organizational aspects of the cloud. First of all, it is incredibly easy to use and easy to teach others how to use. I have several volunteers that I work with and it isn't difficult for me to explain to them how to use the cloud. It saves me time that the product itself is accessible and understandable for people of all ages and skill level. Secondly, it provides peace of mind. When we store things on the cloud - whether they are documents, financial records, pictures, etc. we know they will always be there. We can access them from one device to another and if a device is broken or destroyed, we don't have to worry that everything on it was also destroyed. Lastly, I love how organized I can be with the cloud. Not only is it a simple design, but it's so customizable - I can organize things how I want within the cloud to make them easy to find later.

Cons

The only downfall to this product, which is hardly a downfall, is that the options for organization are sometimes overwhelming. I am glad to have so many options for organizing the cloud, but sometimes it's easy to forget about certain tools because there are so many. Other than that, I have no complaints!

Ruhid
Ruhid
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 24/01/2023

in a confused mind - Google Cloud

Pros

It's a very useful system for developers. Along with its good aspects such as registration with google, many maps services, verification systems for your website or application, many necessary systems in the same place and no additional charges for development, which allows you to access everything whether on websites or in terms of application developers. it helps you to have a lot of experience.

Cons

First of all, I need to talk about the confusion, for example, for the site developer or application developers to have all of them in one place, sometimes it takes a lot of time to search for something on the site and find something on the site, which is a situation we do not like about the site, although it is good on the google cloud storage side, the money issue is a bit excessive. It has been made more difficult to request more than platforms that provide the same service, such as yandex.

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Office tools in Google cloud

I have been using Google Cloud on daily basis for like 4 years. Alot has improved over time with their individual programs like Word, Slides, Excel, etc. But some tools like Draw is still not able to compete with something Inkscape.

Pros

The Office tools in Google Cloud are much better than Microsoft 365. The best part of G suit in Google Cloud is real time synchronization. When I work on reports with my remotely located colleagues, I can see them editing specific sections of a document in a real time. This helps alot in not repeating the work on the same section. Google Cloud shows all of this in form of different colors and small icons on top left of the document. When you click on the icon, the document jumps to the point where that person is working on. Other good feature is version control. In case if I am not happy with the new edits, I can revert the document to an older version.

Cons

The only part which I dont like is their slow evolution. Google is very slow in adding features in their G Suit which means at the moment, it is unable to compete with the Desktop based MS Office. But I can see it coming very quickly and very soon, people may stop using Microsoft Office on their computers.. They may only use the online tools like Google Office. Another part where Google need to improve is their slides which is like Power Point from Microsoft. The slides from Google are still at their very early stage and need to improve.

Alex

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Great solution for cloud storage

Pros

Cloud storage and compute engine are very powerful tools that we have been happy with. We use these on top of firebase and it made sense to stick with GCP rather than AWS or Azure. The client-side cloud storage API is very easy to work with. We use compute engine to host a basic web server in a docker contains, and it has been a good experience overall.

Cons

I have not figured out how and where to open a support case. Cloud console and the google issue tracker are one of several options. It can take several days to answer simple questions.

Documentation is good, but spread out. For example, there is documentation for firebase functions and google cloud functions. The documentation is similar but not exactly the same, so it's unclear which we should be using. It would be nice to have more consolidated GCP documentation.

Amazon S3 and DigitalOcean

Reviewed on 28/11/2021

Google Cloud Platform is a good suite of tools most suited to infrastructure-as-a-service

Experience has been good, it all works, it's a very stable service and it is reasonably priced.

Pros

My organisation mostly uses Google Compute Engine to host all our websites and applications on Google infrastructure. It is a fairly reasonably priced service and very stable, bosting excellent and reliable uptime. You can run a number of officially supported Linux distributions, so you can most likely install what you know. It is all quite easy to setup and manage your servers, though the UI is Google style - so it's not the prettiest - quite minimalist.

Cons

It can start to get expensive once you need to scale, so make sure you look at what that would cost before buy in at the entry level. Also, I'm not a huge fan of the interface, it's a very simple and ugly - but it all works perfectly so it's not a big deal.

Microsoft Azure, Linode and DigitalOcean
Atharva

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

Best Cloud Provider with Great Future

I am very happy that I got to start my career with GCP. It's just works. The features like Bigquery, Bigtable, Cloud Spanner, GKE, Autopilot are industry leading. And it shows in how GCP is capturing the market.

Pros

The Artificial Intelligence and Data Engineering SAAS offerings of GCP are best in the market. Bigquery makes analysis of billing of multiple projects very easy. It's Autopilot and Standard Kubernetes offering are just amazing. UI and Console are very easy to use and makes starting on GCP great. Security Command Centre is great. Even the free tier.

Cons

I would love some proper documentation like Azure. But other than that GCP is the best option for all size companies

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud

Cheaper alternatives than the competition.
Ankit
Ankit
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Google Cloud Compute Engine is a dependable and user-friendly computing platform

Pros

It's simple to get started and capable of developing and producing reliable programs. Prices are competitive and serve multiple areas. A traditional IaaS with strong security and networking capabilities. The provision of IT resources is really fast. It is scalable to zero and allows direct deployment from container images. It helps to optimize the invoicing of online services. Due to the lack of scalability, I prefer Cloud Run over AWS App Runner. It offers a very substantial free tier that is always available. I rarely pay bills for my minor services. This takes more than half of my deployment time. It's simple to combine with git and other programs. For faster communication, it supports gRPC.

Cons

It can sometimes be difficult to find information on certain aspects. It may be more expensive than its competitors and may not have as many features. Some features require the user to use CLI or API. Compared to serverless computing tools like ECS Fargate, it offers various customization possibilities for deployment. It can have a level to have more customization options. I once had a weird problem that caused the entire database to crash. I was able to fix the problem myself by resetting the user using the online admin portal.