Google Forms Reviews

About Google Forms

Google Forms is a survey management application that helps businesses create online surveys and questionnaires to collect and organize information. Its white-label capabilities enable organizations to design personalized surveys...

4.8

Browse Google Forms Reviews

10,750 of 10,750 reviews
Gibran Khalil
Gibran Khalil

Reviewed on 19/12/2021

Google Forms works amazingly well and its FREE!

So far, so good. We are really happy with this program. We love the fact that its FREE in comparison to other form softwares we have seen. And it offers great quality, design and work structure.

Pros

We use Google Forms in our business in a daily fashion since we are collecting data all the time. We have a number of forms already online and working around the clock. So far, not a single form has stopped working or thrown an error. The forms are easily customizable, with basic but working designs. And the data can easily be checked while in Google Drive, as you can set it up in a way that it can store all answers on a Google Sheet. Its really amazin and practic.

Cons

It has few options regarding the end results of the form. For example, it would be great if you could autofill a .pdf based on the form's answers. Also, on the design front, it has really basic stuff that could be updated to a more marketing-wise catalog. Updated colors, background options, etc.

Barooj

Review about google forms

Helped me a lot in my research and provides graphs which makes it more easy to understand

Pros

It is an easy platform wherein we can gather all the information. Rather it is very time savy.

Cons

At times it takes very much time to load.

Great beginner-friendly forms tool

Pros

Simple to use and has all the features you need to get started with data collection

Cons

It misses some advanced features found in other survey tools

Top Google Forms Alternatives

TrueContext (formerly ProntoForms)

SurveyMonkey Enterprise

Joserg

Reviewed on 04/01/2024

Reliable Fuctionality

overall it's user friendly and efficient for many purposes which help your most of your need in times of survey and data gatherings😘

Pros

It's impressive . I appreciate how customizable it is, allowing me to personalize the questions, add images or videos .This is my go- to tool for creating surveys and collecting various data. It's user friendly. Love it.

Cons

While it's great for basic data analysis it lacks some advanced features for complex data manipulation or in- depth analysis

Danielle
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Google Forms is a great way to connect with our team!

Pros

I love the ease of use and wide array of application. I use Google Forms to plan in-office events, for social media, for outreach events, and to get to know our team better.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Google Forms, I enjoy all the features.

Sana
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

Easiest way to get feedback

I was the first one to create on these form in my co and the team was quiet impressed with it.

Pros

Extremely easy to make the forms and very user friendly.

Cons

There was nothing i didnt like about the Google Form.

nischal
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 30/03/2024

Worth every penny

very positive well designed app easy to use.

Pros

easy to use and records files and keep it safe .well designed

Cons

sometimes it carsh and lose all data hope it get fixed soon

• Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Good product for gathering opinions

Pros

I like the fact it is very easy and straight forward to use. I have used it for gathering opinions from my friend and in school I use it for data collection on peoples thoughts and ideas.

Cons

It has been awhile since I've used it so I don't remember

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

The best survey platform

Has always been useful for me. Both in my career and in my professional career

Pros

It helped me to collect useful data to prove the viability of projects and ideas through the data

Cons

It lacks of features to create a more creative and dynamic survey

• Industry: Banking
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 10/03/2024

Easy surveys and forms

Pros

Is so easy to do a form in this program, and you can share the link with everyone in the company. The employees can make theirs opinion easily.

Cons

They have to add option like put more designs for colors or something.

Reviewed on 08/01/2020

Best for quick and simple surveys or sign-ups

I would highly recommend using Google Forms as a quick, easy, and free way to create forms for simple surveys, basic event registrations, and contact info collection. There are some limitations so it's best for basic data collection.

Pros

Lots of pros- it’s easy to use once you get familiar with the icons/functions of form building. It’s great to have many options for the types of responses you want (short text, paragraph, multiple choice, check boxes, and drop downs). There is also a file upload option (but you have to require sign-in).

You can have settings in place to be alerted via email when a response comes in. You can set it up so that a spreadsheet is created. You can also embed the form on your site or email.

This form is best when you keep it simple. Using this as a sign-up form or other simple data collection is best. We’ve used Google Forms to create event registrations, event surveys, newsletter content collection, contact info updates, suggestion boxes, and even science fair applications.

Cons

I do wish there was more display customization. Especially with fonts- there are no options for type, size, color, etc. Sometimes you want to be able to bold or underline part of the question or description and there is no way to do that. The only way to emphasize certain parts of the text is to use all uppercase letters or to insert a bunch of symbols.

The other challenge is that for being a user-friendly form builder, there are certainly many elements that are not intuitive. These include looking for the if/then button, the theme options, setting up email alerts, setting up editing access, figuring out the options for sharing the form (login required, no login, etc.), and even to get the link you should use. It all makes sense afterwards. However, they are all in different spots. Some of our faculty aren’t comfortable with a lot of web programs and they are easily confused looking for all the various settings… especially when all the functions are icon based.

It would also be great if there were different print view options. If you use the response spreadsheet, it’s not an issue. But some of our faculty need to print out individual responses. In those instances, there is no condensed version to print. Even a brief registration form can end up being 3 pages.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Since we already use Gmail and Google Drive, it's natural to use Google Forms. It's one less login for the rest of the faculty and staff to remember, and it's helpful to collaborate/access the forms between teams. For more complex surveys, we do end up using Survey Monkey.

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

The Reliable Free Survey Forms You Can Get

I use Google Forms for various activities and needs. Such as, survey form, RSVP registration form, evaluation form. it's kind of one for all tool. It's so useful and important for me.

Pros

1. It's free (at least for now) it has no limitation of "pro" / "premium" service, hence you can use it at the fullest without paying a dime
2. You can control what what the input. For example, you want short description text as the answer, or you want it as a full number. You can also have options to have checkboxes or single option.
3. This is the important thing. It's integrated with GOOGLE SHEET, so you get all your RAW DATA.
4. It has the summary of the result automatically if you don't want to go complex with Google Sheet.
5. It's connected to your Google Account! So you can access the data easily.

Cons

1. It's not as personalized as the similar service provider, Typeform that has the ability to customize the form, and have several "complex" logic. Such as, if you choose option A, then you'll next question will be B.
2. If you want to process the RAW data via Google Sheet, it requires you to understand the Google Sheet. However, if you can't, there is always READY TO USE result that you can use. It depends on your need. In my case, I usually need to manage & process it through Google Sheet. Don't worry, the easy option is always there.

Typeform

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

I enjoy using Google Forms so much because it's free and I don't need that much of luxurious features offered by other provider. With the possibility to process the RAW data, I can get EXACTLY what I want. The challenge is only at the beginning, when I needed to learn on how to use this software.
Sridhar

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

Simple, Easy and Smoothest way to collect data

Overall our experience has been good and it has served our purposes of data collection.

The fact that we can hit the ground running in no time is what I really appreciate about this product. I would highly recommend it for users looking for Forms, Data collection tools.

Pros

Google Forms creation is super easy and fast. It takes less than 30mins to create a complex data collection form from our end users.

There are wide variety of question formats available which can suit any businesses of any size ( ours is a small startup)

Forms is also a free product from Google.

Cons

The export option is only CSV. I would like to have a easy way to extract data(certain fields) only instead of the entire zip of csv.

Also the way the answers are rendered ( in tabs for each question, was little confusing at first)

Wufoo and Typeform

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

I found Wufoo little complicated and the overall product seemed too over kill for a small company like ours.

Wufoo

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

After careful evaluation, I decided to choose Google Forms for the following reasons. Speed with which our internal teams can learn and create forms. This is the most critical aspect of our business. The wide variety of question formats which are mostly used by standard survey, research and data entry forms that we use. Also Google Forms is free, its best for us.
Madalyn
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Easy to set up, but not as intuitive as I had hoped

I would use it again for some things, or if I was in a pinch, but I'll be looking for a more robust solution long-term.

Pros

First of all, it's free to use with a Google Suite account. We used it because we already had Google Suite and needed to put a system for forms together rather quickly.

The process for building the initial forms was easy enough. Google forms readily recognize the type of responses that would match the question you are asking (paragraph, multiple choice, etc.). This sped up the process of constructing the form itself.

I also like that the responses are automatically deposited into a Google sheets spreadsheet where I can revisit results.

Cons

Several people have told me that they clicked "submit" and yet I have no record of their submission. Also, there's nowhere that shows when the form was sent and to whom. I wish there was a record of messages sent from the form.

Also, when you send the form so that it shows in the email, and the recipient fills it out in their email, it opens a new browser tab where they have to click "submit" a second time for it to actually go through.

There's not a lot of built-in data sorting tools to visualize, sort, and filter results.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Rock was expensive. Our organization moved away from it and is moving to other platforms.

Rock RMS

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

We didn't have time to research other options.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

A simple yet effective alternative to in-person surveys

A very simple, easy to deploy and use survey platform that eases all the pain points of businesses needing customer responses. The user interface and experience is as intuitive and engaging as it can get. The responses can be analysed with the help of charts and graphs, which can be downloaded for offline analysis or printing. A great time saver!

Pros

The most incredible aspect of Google Forms is its ease of deployment - takes very little effort to create, share surveys and analyse the responses, which has been a lot easier and intuitive using graphs and charts instead of raw empirical numbers. The fact that the interface is not saturated with features makes it less tiring to create large surveys for mass response collection.

Cons

It would be a great feature addition if the responses could be exported to Google sheets on the cloud and not just a downloadable .CSV file since most remote teams are migrating from on-site to cloud. One other improvement that could be made is introducing sections for questions, which will come in handy when there are a large number of survey questions - this section feature will help the logical flow of questions.

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

SurveyMonkey wasn't as inexpensive nor simple to deploy & use.

Tina
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Basic, Fast, and Useful

I really like Google Forms because it's easy, intuitive, and very handy. I have also completed Google Forms myself, and although it may not have a very professional look, it accomplishes its goal well. It can also be used for quizzes, but I have not used that option.

Pros

I like that it's super easy to create a form. As long as you have a Gmail account, you can create as many forms as you want and collect feedback from your customers, or email subscribers, in my case.

You can access Google Forms, on your desktop, either from your Gmail inbox dashboard or from your Google Drive account. For mobile, you can access your forms and edit them from the Drive app, but so far I haven't seen that you can create a new form entirely from your Drive app. So I think it's best suited for desktop use.

The simplicity and somewhat limited format of the forms is both a plus and a minus. It's a plus because it makes you not waste time with too many customizations, and it's a minus because sometimes you do need a bit more customization - I'll talk about this more in the Cons section.

The best part is the large array of questions that require different types of answers. You can add:
- long- or short-answer type of questions.
- multiple choice, dropdown, checkboxes
- date, time
- linear scale and grid, or even upload a document - so the surveyed people can upload a doc if they have a Google account, too.

You can also use Google Forms to collect email addresses, but you can't connect it to some email automatization software. So you will have to manually export the email addresses and import them into your email marketing software.

There is an option to limit the number of responses to one for each respondent who has a Gmail account.

Cons

The customization is too limited in some aspects. For example, I really wish they would add the option to increase the size of the font for the description field. And also sometimes I want to customize the confirmation page the respondents get to see after they complete the survey. So far, you can only modify the text, and that's also limited to just one paragraph.

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

Form Building Made Easy

I have been using Form in several capacities and it works well for us. From Marketing, HR, Sales, etc. all with a focus on data collection. As we use the Google product suite company wide, it used for day to day data collection to inclusion in our project management process, to user feedback internally and externally on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. The simplicity in being able to create a form quickly and send it out, make it simple for both me and colleges to use to use this tool to get the task done in a timely manner and gather the data needed for effective data collection, collation, analysis and decision making.

Pros

Using Google Form is very simple to setup, use and gather data for analysis from. Either alone or as part of the Google suite, Forms makes it simple to ask for and collect data and to follow a logical path to getting the information that you will need from a user/customer. Also the ability to work together ensures that collaboration is possible in creation and design, execution of the data collection and the analysis of the data captured.

Cons

Some additional templated for design and additional customization options would improve this product and the users experience. As this product is used for data collection, other existing products are more feature rich as compared to Forms. Some basic functionality does exist and is usable but to garner the best user experience it is possible to make Forms better or to choose an alternative product that is more feature rich.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

It fits our companies requirements, has a low cost and comes as part of the G suite, so it was easy to make this the default for our data collection needs.
Rhonda

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Modest form builder

Google forms can be used by anyone because of the simple and modest website design. I saw medium range response rates with surveys, most could easily complete the form. Because of the age range of many patients the simple design made responding easier. I have seen better results with software that is mobile responsive and this is what I use currently.

Pros

The form and survey builders are simple but fruitful, as is the entire software. Creating a form takes only a few minutes. Organized results show up instantly and are shown with graphs if you choose. Limit responses per user.
Google forms auto-saves and links to your Google account. If authorized others may make changes to forms. The website is uncluttered and straightforward.

Cons

Google forms works only in the web browser. Not many of options for customizing my forms and surveys.
Creating a new form is easier than changing or re-using a current form even if you only need to make small changes. Restricted to 10 questions per survey. Response rates are lower because Google forms is not mobile optimized or mobile responsive.
A mobile app, more customization choices and better security would improve this software. More features all in all are needed.

123FormBuilder

Better value for money

Paperform

I already had an account with Google and liked the other Google services I used
Gary
Gary
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

An extremely capable, flexible forms & survey solution

Overall, our team has found Forms to be an extremely capable and well-thought-out survey and data collection solution. Having used other survey platforms like Qualitrics and SurveyMonkey, I think google Forms is a little easier to figure out and use. While features and functionality are a bit limited, we've found it to be a great tool for internal polling and comms.

Pros

I love how easy Google Forms is to use and how well-integrated it is with our other Google products. I can easily create a form, share it with colleagues, edit it collaboratively, and publish it. Customization is extremely easy and the amount of capability the software has is just what we need.

Cons

Since this is a free solution, white labeling is not possible with the base version of Google Forms. While this is not a deal breaker, it does limit how much you can use the product externally and in customer-facing roles. As a result, URLs are Google-based domains and deeper customization is sort of limited beyond changing the colors and adding a header photo.

Customer Frontlines and SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Choosing Google Forms

Cost. SurveyMonkey was prohibitivly expensive for our small team and we did not want to pay the high price for just internal usage.

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Price. Since Forms is free, we decided to go with it for our internal comms and surveys.
osama
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 13/07/2023

I like to use Google Form

Like any other thing in life, it has advantages and disadvantages, but I do not deny the merit of helping me in accomplishing my administrative tasks over the course of +6 years.

Pros

The inability to completely customize pages, colors, and icons shapes, despite its importance in creating professional pages. Whatever the task, I must have a degree of professionalism.

Cons

The site is used by all age groups and all occupations. For over 6+ years, I've been using Google Form in study groups to help teachers take online tests and run quick surveys on class time to answer from home and use it at school when I'm the class leader. And in the library where I used to work before, and use in the institute, and in the charity organization that I volunteer for, and in organizing events in my village. In short, I have been using Google Form for more than 6 years for most of my life.

Caroline

Reviewed on 19/07/2023

A simple and awesome tool for data collection by Google

Overall, Google Forms is a great free to use tool by Google. I am so glad Google came up with the idea.

Pros

I have used Google Forms for quite a long time now to do different things related to data collection and online surveys, quizzes and feedback collection. It is has a user friendly interface and is quite easy to use . I would say anyone can quickly create a google form for a particular use in a matter of minutes. It is easily customizable and offers a variety of different data collection options like multiple choice questions, short answer and checkboxes. Google forms works very seamlessly with other google products like Google sheets and Google Docs for data analysis.Google Forms offers real time responses and analysis of the responses - something that can fasten up the decision making process. Multiple users can access and fill the form at the same time over the internet, making Google Forms a great tool for collaboration. Users can use a variety of devices to access the forms i.e Mobile Phones, Laptops, tablets etc

Cons

- Google Forms may not have some advanced features for data collection and analysis.- If your target users do not have an internet connection, this may pause as a challenge.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Google Forms

Google Forms is better suited with the correct features for data collection and surveys.
Malinda
Malinda
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

The best data collection software

Google forms is one of my favorite data collection software which I have been using for two years. As a station master, I need to get feedback from my co-workers and passengers regarding the service that we provide to passengers and as a government company, how railway system affect to its employees and what opportunities they have gained. That feedback really really matters. and it is a fundamental pillar of a successful company. I can easily gather data from a large crowd using google forms and those data can be analyzed using google sheets. So my overall experience of using google forms is really positive as this software highly impact to the growth of railway system.

Pros

Few years back I used paper feedback submission forms to collect data. Those days I had to print questions in papers and it takes a considerable time to fill a form. So that most of the passengers don't spend their time to write in a question paper. Then google forms came in to the picture and it converted the physical paper into a completely digital system. It reduces the paperwork a lot. Also passengers tend to fill those since it takes a less time than writing answers in a paper. Google form can be created with multiple questions with different types of question types like true/false, yes/no, multiple choices etc. Depending on the response for a certain question, I can give different set of other questions as well. Also questions can be set as essential since it make sure the target audience fill out all the important fields. Also some fancy editable templates are available to use. Responder doesn't need a google account to respond; just click the link and respond. After creating a form, the link can be shared and the data is dumped into google sheet. Then I can analyze the submitted data in real time and can take decisions. The development of railway system highly depends on the satisfaction of the passengers and its employees. So those collected and analyzed data is shared with the higher management to take further decisions. For two years, google forms helped me to take decisions based on the real data in a very practical manner and I think the result is obvious.

Cons

I have experienced that the design customization capabilities of google docs are somewhat limited. It would be great if there are multiple ready to use templates and rich text editing ability available for google forms. Other than that I am totally satisfied with the service that the google forms providing for us.

Jillian

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Collect info easily!

Forms has helped me gather information so much more quickly than email or other options. I use it all the time and will continue to do so. I love the spreadsheets that I can make with it.

A few weeks a colleague who was arranging lunch for our workplace emailed us asking for our lunch preferences. Another colleague quickly created a Google Form that would allow her to not only collect our lunch preferences, but in a very organized way. The first colleague was amazed and said she's been using Google Forms ever since. It has saved us so much time at work!

Pros

I use this very frequently at work, both to make and take surveys.

Questions can be organized into sections. Questions can be multiple choice, short answer, long answer, or other formats.

I can move questions around if I decide later to change the order.

I can choose a theme to make it aesthetically pleasing for the person taking it.

I can easily view responses one at a time, by question, or in a spreadsheet.

I can decide to make certain questions required.

I can easily email the form or post a link.

Cons

There is one thing that I wish Forms could do.

Often, I use Forms to find out which committee each member wants to be on.

I can create a question with choices that they click on, and they can click on as many or few as they want.

But if people click on more than one option, I can't organize the responses by individual option. All answers go in the same cell in Excel.

So for example, maybe my options are Mardi Gras, trivia contest, and service project. Some members choose just Mardi Gras, some might choose Mardi Gras & trivia, and some might choose all three. There's no way to easily sort by who chose Mardi Gras, ignoring the other two options.

I've found a work-around but it's a little clunky: I divide questions like that into as many questions as there are options. So I would have to make one question that says "Do you want to be on the Mardi Gras committee?" and the choices are yes or no. Then I do that for each committee. It takes longer, but then I am capable of sorting for just the one particular option that I'm looking for.

Elana
Elana

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

Why look anywhere else for a survey/data collection program?!

Google forms is incredible for so many different reasons... they allow you to literally create your own survey from scratch, with all the options you would need to create a robust and professional survey. Not to mention you can also customize the colors and theme quite a bit to fit your brand, and even fully customize the language used in the survey (for even the small things like the thank you text and description). They make the link sharing, previewing, editing, etc super easy as well. Additionally, they have quite a great summary analytics of the data/answers collected. I have used google forms extensively for simple polls and surveys, market research/longer more in-depth surveys, as well as a make-shift opt-in form for collecting people's emails for lead magnets! I love that you can turn on a setting to notify you when someone fills out a form. This has fulfilled all my needs and beyond - I'm so grateful I don't have to pay for a software to do all these things!

Pros

Cons

I guess the only think it could use is more options to customize, including the ability to upload your own photo as a header or background. I'm sure it would be great for some people to have more analytics as well.

Winigah
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

The essential tool for creating effective online forms!

My experience with Google Forms is very good. It is a very convenient and easy to use tool for creating online forms, surveys, sign-ups, etc. for different purposes. Designing and customizing forms is simple and intuitive, with a variety of templates and themes available to suit different needs and tastes. In addition, Google Forms offers great flexibility with question types such as multiple choice, checkboxes, dropdowns, sections, images and videos. Tracking responses is simple and convenient, and you can view and analyze the data in real time, or export it to CSV files, Google Sheets or other applications. Finally, Google Forms is a free online tool that anyone can use without downloading or installing any additional software .I recommend it

Pros

Here are three good advantages of google form in addition to being a free tool: 1 - Ease of use: Google Forms is a very easy to use tool for creating online forms. It has an intuitive user interface, plenty of customization options and pre-designed form templates, making it a great choice for beginners.2 - Question flexibility : Google Forms offers a lot of flexibility in terms of question types, ranging from multiple choice to Likert scales, short answer and open-ended questions. You can also add images, videos and design elements to create unique forms.3 - Analyze results: Once responses have been collected, Google Forms offers options to view data in real time, filter responses, and create charts and tables for easy analysis. Responses can also be exported to Google Sheets for further processing or to integrate with other work applications.

Cons

The only drawback for me is that you need the internet connection before using it, which is annoying when there are connection bugs - Please fix this for me.