GoDaddy Website Builder Reviews

About GoDaddy Website Builder

GoDaddy Website Builder is designed to help businesses create websites to handle operations related to online bookings, sales, payments and more using custom layouts, fonts and colors. The application enables organizations to...

4.1

Browse GoDaddy Website Builder Reviews

1,268 of 1,268 reviews
Lisa
Lisa

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Want a web page? No time or expertise? Try GoDaddy Website Builder!

I have used GoDaddy for twenty years, and I've never been unhappy with any of their offerings. The tech support is so good, it overcomes any possible complaints I've ever had. This product, in particular, takes a huge amount of stress out of my life by making it fast and efficient to provide a website for a customer. I'm actually having problems with the custom website I built for my own company, and I'm thinking of using this again! Why mess with something that works?

Pros

It is extremely easy to set up, enter your original data, change just a little - or a lot!, and maintain. They have great templates and graphics for your use, and some handy features: to do a weekly article, I just copied last week's article, changed a few things, and inserted the text for this week. It's also very reasonably priced.

Cons

As with any "shortcut" software, it was a little difficult to customize. I also had trouble applying a security certificate to the site to get the coveted https at the beginning of the URL. The latter issue was easily solved with the help of their AWESOME tech support, and the former, I expected. If I want to customize it so badly, I've got to use a less "done-for-me" solution - and I'm ok with that!

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

They took too much time and interfered with my regular high-paced consulting business.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

It took less time and had less opportunity for mistakes.
Roldan
Roldan

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

For simple and straightforward websites, by all means - GoDaddy!

Not that good! All added to the fact that there are some solid and more cost-effective hosting sites now around the corner. If money of budget is not an issue by all means go with a more sophisticated hosting platform - such as SiteGround, Kinsta or Cloudways - and know the difference. These hosting companies have their own built-in website builder as well. As for myself, the moment I lead our company into changing hosting and website builder (SiteGround) for this matter - we never looked back. We felt the difference. If you are serious about your business, don't settle for anything less (like GoDaddy) - go for the best and industry standard hosting and website builders.

Pros

- It's straightforward. It's like if you are in the neck of time - by all means use GoDaddy website builder. It's a good leverage coupled with your domain and hosting plans.- GoDaddy has a long history of being an online vendor of domains. So, i believe they are mature in this field. - Beginner friendly. If you are not used to an elaborate website editing and a complete beginner - by all means go with GoDaddy.

Cons

- GoDaddy is just expensive, if not not cost effective. If you have ever used this builder as packaged to your hosting and domain then I can say, it is not consumarate .- At hosting level, the hosting is really hard to navigate an set-up. It still use primitive user interface.- Customer support lacks product knowledge. I cringe over this. You'd be far better off Googling the solutions for yourself.- GoDaddy is slow. Don't expect so much for the speed at no cost. They can offer optimization for you at a hefty price.

SiteGround

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

We just wen fed with GoDaddy's slow but complex system. Add to that most incompetent customer support. By the time we switched to SiteGround - we never looked back - complete opposite.

SiteGround

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Nope. We did not choose GoDaddy, we in fact left GoDaddy. As stated, GoDaddy messed up with their service such as hosting and on-boar web development for reasons that they are not a hosting company before - they are domain registry.
Candace
  • Industry: Fishery

Reviewed on 29/04/2024

Amazing!!

Pros

I love how it was so ease to make my site on this website. Customer service was an amazing help.

Cons

Having the app on your phone takes up alot of memory.

Top GoDaddy Website Builder Alternatives

Ba
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

Not for the advance user who needs a website with rich features

Overall, I would not use this website builder for me or my clients as it does not provide some of the needed options for their growing business.

Pros

It was fairly easy to use and setup and provided the basic features for a starter website.

Cons

It fell short with some advance options such and contact form security and embedding third-party elements such as calendars and schedulers.

ActiveCampaign, Kartra and Kajabi

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

I switched because I need a more robust website builder for my business and my clients needs, such as opt-in forms with security, lead pages, sales and purchase pages and calendar embeds.

Kartra

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

I =n the beginning I thought it would be a nice alternative for a starter site, but as the operation grew the tools did not grow with it.
Randi
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 07/03/2024

A Beautiful Professional Look

Fantastic! I've never had any issues, my website is impressive to potential and existing clients, and having a beautiful website that performs well is critical in my business.

Pros

I had a gorgeous website that looked professionally designed in short order. The templates are simple to use, and modifications are quick and easy in real time. I can update my website at any given time with very little effort. I just love the way my website looks.

Cons

The only thing I can say I don't particularly like is the cost; however, I'm also a firm believer in getting what you pay for ... and the product is amazing.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

GoDaddy Website Builder comes up short in a world filled with other options

I was not impressed with the end product that came from our experience with GoDaddy Website Builder. Overall, the options were lacking and the UI/UX was quite poor. We quickly abandoned the project and went with another service.

Pros

GoDaddy Website Builder was included with our hosting and domain registration packages, so there was no extra cost for us to try it out.

Cons

There is a lack of options, the UI/UX is poor and the products created do not use web best practices.

Wix and WordPress

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

It was included in our hosting/domain registration plan.
MD IMRAN
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 18/03/2024

Cheap Cost

Pros

Thier domain price is fair. It is easy to find my desire domain name. Also their suggested domains are short and specific.

Cons

Easy to transfer domain and sell domain. I think, they will improve their broker system.

Angela
Angela

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Go Daddy Makes It Easier!

Pros

Go Daddy didn’t only help me with the name Of my company also that gave me the tools to build my website as well as helping in the choice of my domain!

Cons

The only problem I had was finding time to complete the process on my own

Anne

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

GoDaddy Website Builder Easy but Cookie Cutter

It is an easy low maintenance way to keep a website..

Pros

Super easy to set up a website, email, and ecommerce.

Cons

The templates are somewhat limiting and generic.

Chermaine

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Great website builder

Pros

Its very easy to use with building resumes.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to navigate with all the offerings.

Michelle
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Go with GoDaddy

My overall experience with this product was great. However, I do feel like they need to update their drag and drop builder and add some features to their product.

Pros

The thing I like most about GoDaddy is that they are uniquely domain central. They put there greatest focus on registering domains and are relatively easy to set up.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is the outdated website builder features. I can't build a website easily on GoDaddy.

Wix, Squarespace and Weebly

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

I switched to GoDaddy because I felt like while their features could use an update/upgrade I also feel like the website builder is useful when it comes to create a professional looking website.

Weebly

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

I chose GoDaddy because it was easy to have my domain and my website builder on the same account.
Ashley
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 25/10/2021

GoDaddy for Non-Profits

It has been a positive experience, because even if we encounter challenges, the customer service aspect is great. Usually the challenges are on our end, and it's great to work with such a good a customer service team. They are much better than others we've tried to work with in the past.

Pros

Building the website with a template was quick and not complicated. Most of all, the customer service was very helpful. I did not have to spend any time on hold. I did not experience any communication or language barriers. The people I spoke to were very patient with me, as I do not have a strong background with IT and no experience with building a website.

Cons

The log-in process and determining who is primary on the account has been challenging. In our situation, the person designing the website and working with GoDaddy is different than who paid for the product, and it's still causing some ongoing issues with being able to access rights to modify the site. There is confusion about the primary account holder and those trying to work on the site.

Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for switching: cost, issues were unable to be resolved by customer service, and many glitches in the system. Unfortunately with customer service, there were significant language and communication barriers - English was a second language for all of the customer service representatives we worked with. While the representatives were nice, they did not understand our challenges. The wait time to talk with customer service was DAYS to receive an answer or a returned phone call. We were unable to get any help in a timely manner.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

We heard positive things from other small business who use GoDaddy.
Jess

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Used to create my website

Fairly good. I get compliments on my website often, but it does not get much traffic and I wonder whether a wordpress alternative may have worked better?

Pros

Easy to use to set up a website quickly. Drag and drop editing and nice simple templates that look good on web and mobile devices.

Cons

The price is a bit high, and I am not sure why, but my website gets very little traffic. This is frustrating after two years. It is difficuly to make edits to the SEO

Squarespace

Ease of use - and I brought my domain on Godaddy

domain
Kristen
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Amazing Web Design Software!

Overall, wonderful experience with the software! Easy to use. Opens up e-commerce opportunities. Helps customers find you online. Made a modern minimalist website with little effort for our business. Definitely a great option besides customer service isn’t as quick or helpful as I people expect for price.

Pros

This software is rather easy to use compared to others I’ve tried and has been a true asset to our small business. We’ve created a modern sleek website using this where customers can actually purchase directly and get more info on what we offer.

Cons

The customer service did not impress me. Slow and not very helpful. It’s the only issue I have with this.

Sydney
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 09/08/2020

Godaddy Website Builder is easy to work with.

GoDaddy Website Builder saves you time and get you started quickly.

Pros

I loved the various templates that they offer. These templates can be customized to suit your need.

Cons

One drawback was that some of the layout features were limited and if you do not understand coding you will have to settle for what's offered.

Less work.

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

The linked payment options, email marketing, social media and a few others made the package a better alternative.
CHARLENE
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

Great customer service, dependable

Pros

I found it easy to set up , using the templates saves a lot of time and looks professional. Throughout the years I have redesigned several times and usually within a few hours a new site is up and running.

Cons

I would just say to keep getting the best site and price Call once a year and have them check the “latest technology and pricing “ many times its best to start fresh to have things look good on ever changing interface

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

I found it to be an easier setup , Wix was good to
Jessie
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Go Daddy Website Builder was not user friendly for me

For years...over a decade actually...I was pretty happy with the Website Tonight product, but when I was told that product was no longer going to be supported and I HAD to switch to the new Website Builder, it was a huge disappointment.

Pros

I have used prior Go Daddy products and the Website Tonight was great but this new Website Builder promoted additional benefits that I thought would be helpful but I never got a chance to use them

Cons

So hard to use! Not user-friendly, very difficult to add or remove content, couldn't manage areas and/or text boxes...really horrible. I actually had a rep. at Go Daddy say I was to tech-savvy for this product, which was why I was trying to make my site more advanced than what the builder was designed to accommodate...that the website builder was much, much more 'basic' but was all they had, so I was stuck with a website I hated!

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

Originally, features but that's not the case anymore
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 24/03/2018

URL that daddy!

Pros

Godaddy is an app for getting a unique url extension to advertise your name brand, or make awareness for your organization, social cause, etc. I like that you can pick a name and if it is taken you are given alternate suggestions for name usage rather than travelworld.com it may suggest lesiureglobe.com, vacationnations,com or it will suggest an alternative for a url ending other than .com, .org. .net, etc. but it could be travel.world. or world.travel it gives you many alternatives so that if your .com is taken and you do not want to have to think of a new name all together you can consider switching the url to make it be similar to what you wanted. It also does allow you to purchase the most common used words as domains such as medical.directory. It offers many url endings for professionals, different industries at good pricing if you get them on specials they can run .49cent specials, .99 cent specials it just depends on what special you happen to catch them on. They can add a feature of a reminder you have something in your cart, espicially if it picks up someone has searched your specific domain and did not purchase it. They give you discounts on other business tools or services such as Microsoft Office online you get it for half the price verses if you went to the website to purchase the software. You get other tools and services and a website builder as well. It is great for someone just starting off and needing the resources to get off. They also have a neat feature to put all your social media to one location rather than marketing each one. It has many features to explore and always upgrading.

Cons

If you do not purchase at a a la carte price to have your name not listed you will get ANNOYING robot calls to your number, all kind of text messages. The a la carte for this service normally cost more than the domain your buying. The robot numbers seem to ring your line none stop, and switch up the number when you do not answer. The a la carte pricing should be standard cost included in the domain name. Yes, it may be great to get a domain at 0.49 cent but for the new entrepreneur who has to use his phone to start off this is an added inconvience. Even offering a Entrepreneur special for this service to be free the first year would be great.

Julie

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

I built my own website in 3 hours!

It was great. At first I talked with someone for a while and explained my needs and she set me up with the right package. Then, a few days later, I realized I wanted an automatic scheduler. I called back to see if that was available and talked with another person who told me I had the wrong package and I needed this other product instead. I was confused , but switched over only to find out it was more retail driven, no blog, and no basic info page showing up in the beginning. I was devastated because I had worked so hard on my site and I lost all of my progress.
I called again and talked to another guy who apologized and said he didn't know why the previous person had me switch. But thankfully, he was able to retrieve my old content and restore my original site free of charge without losing any content .

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I had to have someone help me integrate my shopping platform with godaddy for my online boutique Roadkill Ranch and it was a seamless endeavor. However, I recently became a certified health coach and wanted to get a simple website up. I called godaddy and they walked me through the templates and showed me how easy it was. I was able to build my own site within hours and they were available for support 24/7. I was so proud of myself. Check out www.goodjuju.health

I love the support the most. The staff is so knowledgeable and was able to guide me through some
challenging pages with ease. Now that I've learned the program, it's not challenging at all.

I also loved how they offered a blog feature.

Cons

The thing I liked least about the product was the online shop. I wanted to add some health products to my basic site, and although I was able to upload merchandise, it limited me on how to organize the shop, that's all. It wasn't really a big deal because my website is more informational anyway.

Tiffany

Reviewed on 07/02/2021

Awesome, all-inclusive, software for home business website design

I'm solving the issue of not having a website as of yet. I should be launching within the week though. I really love the blog posts, articles, forums, help center. They cover just about anything you could possibly imagine. Plus they have live help as well.

Pros

I love GoDaddy. You can do just about everything involving the website aspect of a home based business. That you have the option of completely building your own web site, using pre designed templates as a starting point, or having a website completely designed by a professional. Plus, that they do the domains and hosting as well. Having that all in one place is great. Most other website builders don't host or don't have domain purchase options. Another plus, that GoDaddy has, probably, any and every option for the dot name. It gives you the option for a creative site name, just by having a different dot besides the norm dotcom. The articles/blog posts are amazing. They cover so many topics and are pretty good with having an answer to anything you need to know.

Cons

The only issue I had was that I couldn't figure out how to change colors and fonts and get them to stay. They wouldn't stay where or what I wanted. I think I have it figured out now. I'm still in the process of launching my website, but I've been working on it for almost a year.

Rajeev
Rajeev

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

As a web developer, one can give demo to clients what their websites will look like within 15...

Pros

For static websites, an excellent software using which anyone without a programming knowledge can launch websites/online stores. This software is good for increasing web literacy. As a web developer, what I frequently do is to give a taste what a client's website will look like and once the client approves, I go for the Starter Plan by GoDaddy. By using Starter Plan, however, only one database or application is allowed, which for the most part turns out to be either Wordpress or Joomla or Drupal if it is a content-based site or the likes of Magento if a shopping portal. The GoDaddy Economy Plan gives leverage to try five applications simultaneously under one account and Deluxe 25 applications. However, coming to the main point, Website Builder do comes handy as I give demo to clients who are not that computer savvy. An interesting use of Website Builder was when a client needed a website for just one month for an event. Of course, the domain name had to be booked for 12 months!

Cons

For those looking for Wordpress-like features or flexibility to try Joomla and other applications, GoDaddy Website Builder does not fit. At the end of the day, it is meant for those who have no programming knowledge! At the same time, if one has shown no inclination to try freely available software like Wordpress, it is doubtful they will go ahead and launch their website/online store using GoDaddy Website Builder independent of a web developer on their side. This is the paradox. Also, it is known that there are features in this software such as if one selects a theme and after publishing requires change, there is no way except to start afresh. However, for GoDaddy fans, this may not be a big issue because launching a site afresh should not take more than an hour. Such sites are usually short with less pages/contents!

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

Create a Professional Website with Zero Coding Knowledge

All the basic features are free. Which is a good option for new users. Anyone can test out the platform with paying any single cent. Worth for the money you invest. There is no doubt, GoDaddy Website Builder is a Great Website Developing Platform out there. Very straight-forward configuration process and Lots of customizable options and templates makes this platform very useful. Anyone can use this platform to build their personal websites as well as business or e-commerce sites.

Pros

We don't need and HTML/CSS Knowledge to build a Unique and Professional Website using GoDaddy Website Builder. They provide Variety of custom templates and design option to build our website. It is very easy and efficient. This platform is really User Friendly for any beginner level developer. You can start building your own website without and prior knowledge. It has great integration options with many other third party tools. Another great thing is their 24/7 customer support which is amazing. They provide quick solutions to all our queries. When talking about Technical side, their Hosting, Bandwidth Speed and Custom Domain features are excellent too.

Cons

Nothing to complaint, but there are some incompatibilities when we do integrations. Other than that, there is nothing to worry.

Nibaruta

Reviewed on 07/03/2021

best website builder

I have done a lot of website in GoDaddy website builder for my clients include but not limited to e-commerce, personal website, companies websites, and more. It's a thumbs up for me, but remember if it's a website that requires custom work or features Cpanel/ WordPress is better.

Pros

For companies that do not require complicated or custom websites this ideal platform to use. Personal websites and e-commerce are as well built easily. you can do it yourself and not you can partially give access to someone to do it without compromising your account. no coding knowledge required just drag-drop.

Cons

Everything is fine except the price could be better if reduced. and it would be nice if they allow freelancers to develop plugins for more features.

Reasons for Choosing GoDaddy Website Builder

quick to set up, easy to use

Wix and WordPress

Reasons for Switching to GoDaddy Website Builder

easy to use, friendly interface
Charles
Charles

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

GoDaddy review 101

Overall very good experience! I simply needed a change! Perfect website to get started!

Pros

GoDaddy was an important of my process when I started with my website. It was the easiest one to get started and the most accessible. GoDaddy made the process relatively easy early on!

Cons

Overtime GoDaddy functions were not what I was looking for on my website and felt like it was a bit more expensive than other competitors like Wix, Squarespace, etc.

Wix and Squarespace
Nick
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

Allowing Amateurs to Make Sites Like Professionals

For a relatively small non-profit business with a budget that relies on donations and minimal fees to make ends meet, we don't have the luxury of hiring consulting firms or IT specialists to design, create, and maintain our website. Without the services offered by GoDaddy, we would not have an Internet presence outside of social media. Thanks to GoDaddy, we are able to maintain a site that looks professional, allows for contributions and donations, provides updates to our supporters, and instills confidence in potential clients, their families, and our referral sources. I have spoken to colleagues at conferences and other events who either have no website or have the most basic of sites, and I have referred each of them to GoDaddy. GoDaddy's Website Builder--and its remarkably low pricing--removes any excuse for not having a well-polished site.

Pros

The best part about GoDaddy's Website Builder for our organization is the simplicity of the setup. We are able to make and maintain a professional website without employing an IT specialist. We have a great staff who are very creative and are able to produce amazing content. However, without GoDaddy, that content would likely never see the light of day. GoDaddy is so simple to use that it lets our staff create page after page of engaging material despite having minimal if any knowledge of website design.

Cons

GoDaddy's Website Builder meets all of our needs. Perhaps there are some organizations who employ more technologically savvy workers who would feel limited by this platform, but we have yet to run into a situation in which we had an idea that we wanted incorporated on our website that GoDaddy did not have a solution for.