About Jamboard

Jamboard is a visual collaboration application designed to assists organizations with capturing, discussing and brainstorming ideas in a digital workspace. The platform includes a whiteboard, which lets participants add images,...

4.8
4.1

Browse Jamboard Reviews

Arturo L.

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

Your traditional whiteboard, but in the cloud

In general, the experience is quite satisfactory using Google Jamboard, because when collaborating as a team, and that they can also participate in the board that you present and brainstorm ideas for subsequent projects, you feel that you are doing a more dynamic and more complete work, because that requires a good team, creativity, and efficiency when preparing work, projects, etc.

Pros

It has all the basics to be used as a traditional whiteboard but this one is in the cloud, so it is excellent for situations where you are collaborating with the work team, as it is integrated with google classroom, then it is just a matter of integrating or presenting the whiteboard you had already made to the team and have a more dynamic and efficient work. Its tools are the most basic, which is why I could call it a very complete whiteboard since it could also be seen as a PowerPoint in motion and editable in real-time, but in google.
Another thing that I really liked is that the audience can also interact on the board, so it becomes a more dynamic board for companies looking to brainstorm and have everyone contribute to something.

Cons

What is left to be said about Jamboard is that the free version comes with very limited tools, but as I almost always say, Google software always tries to bring the most complete to the free versions, so it will be a tool that you can try sometime and work collaboratively either with your on-site or remote team.

Soledad M.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 05/10/2020

An easy tool for

Even when my first use wasn't the best, I had curiosity to see if Jamboard evolved to better or it will become a Google Wave Case, so few days ago I checked how was working now and I have the nice surprise that Jamboard has new features.

Pros

Jamboard has a user proof interface.
This is really-really great to share ideas when you are in that kind of remote meetings sessions where people never get to an agree.
The "shapes" feature added is without any doubts THE FEATURE that Jamboard was needing.
Clean to use

Cons

The first time using Jamboard was a bit uncomfortable: Shapes feature wasn't added and the drawing tool wasn't very polished. I tried to share an idea, and sadly my pulse is not the better, so finally my poor draw took the lead rol in the meeting. I guess that the first attempt was almost duplicate the "board" experience, and for that reason that tool wasn't included, but now it's totally comfortable to be used.

Natasha W.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 12/04/2022

Visual Canvas for Thinking!

Overall, Jamboard is great for a group of people or for individual coaching. It creates an interactive, visual environment. With some creativity, you can do many different activities with the platform.

Pros

Jamboard is great for visual thinking. I am able to add boards, write on the board via texts, change the colors, duplicate the boards, and move them around. I'm also able to add images, draw, or use the sticky. I have used Jamboard as brain dumps, collective art, or just interactive coaching. It's a basic platform, but once you know how to use it, it provides what is needed for a job well done.

Cons

If a student/client is not logged into google, I have no way of knowing who is contributing to the board. Also, it has a set limit for how many boards you can add. Lastly, when adding a sticky note, it populates in one area, so I usually have to immediately move them around, so we can see everyone's comments.

Top Jamboard Alternatives

Edward S.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 14/04/2022

Great Whiteboard App for Groups

Pros

Great for group collaboration and facilitates many different ideas coming together.

Cons

Wish there was a feature to change fonts so that notes can stand apart from others just like different handwriting.

Torie C.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 23/01/2022

Fun collaboration tool

Visually pleasing collaborative tool.

Pros

As an instructor, I use jamboard often. I use it at the beginning of a course to get students to introduce themselves and when introducing new units. I like that there are many options available. Students can use text, images, sticky notes, change colours etc. It offers a great visual component and helps liven up the online learning environment. I can see how this could also be very effective at brainstorming and collaborating in a cooperate environment.

Cons

I do not have any negative feedback for jamboard.

Brandon B.

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Jamboard Great for Education

It allows me to colloborate and work with peers and my students and has brought immersive and lively discussions.

Pros

I liked that you are able to colloborate and share thoughts and responses in a live platform.

Cons

I have used Padlet and it took me a few minutes to discern between Padlet and Jamboard.

Tanice D.

Reviewed on 01/12/2021

Most Convenient software for students

Pros

What I love about this app is how interactive and easy it is to use. My 7 year old daughter uses this software during her class sessions to interact in her class with her peers and teacher. This software is so user friendly that she can use this software on her own with minimal assistance from me. She really enjoys drawing her shapes, sets, engaging in her math lesson while the teacher is expounding on the lesson. When we are recapping we also use the software so she can express herself and what she learnt in class.

Cons

This software needs to be more accessible on different devices. Its hard logging on to it from a phone or a tablet, if it is even possible.

Elena T.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Learn and have fun with Jamboard

The benefits are unquestionable. There are almost no limits in the collaboration between the participants in the learning process and the class presentation. You can save all your frames or select them. Students can share their knowledge and express their ideas visually.

Pros

The most impactful feature may be the Sticky notes- with their bright colors and the option to change their places on the board or rotate them. They are great for writing short remarks, questions, and comments. They might be used as exit tickets at the end of each lesson. As a whole, it is very easy to use this digital whiteboard. You can integrate it immediately into your teaching.

Cons

There are some drawbacks when using the Jamboard. For instance, you cannot embed videos. But you can use animated pictures, also Bitmoji, and Google Chrome Extensions (for files).
Some teachers (and students) might find it difficult to draw on the board with a mouse. In this case, they can use their phones and make the drawings with fingers.

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

A good product

Pros

A good product if you want to share small snippets or meeting notes with the entire team. You can also create it as a personal wall and ask your team to write whatever they want on the board.

Cons

I wish there were options to change and use various fonts. Creative options are a bit less and that can be improved.

Karen C.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 26/03/2022

Jamboard for the classroom

A fun way to share information and for students to show what they have learned

Pros

More colors , students are able to edit other students work

Cons

More colors , students are able to edit other students work

Santino M.

Reviewed on 21/05/2022

Jamboard Review

Pros

Jamboard is a more creative and fun whiteboard option, the ability to customize the background and add images make it an even more interactive tool.

It is a very simple tool to figure out and use with many different tools and functions that make classes fun.

Jamboard being hosted in the cloud space makes it a great option for collaboration with team members being able to view changes/progress in real time.

Cons

No major issues were experienced with Jamboard.

Camila M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

Just one thing

Besides all, I think it is a great platform, and allows us to have our online classes almost as if they weren't online. Love google jamboards

Pros

With the quarantine universities had to turn to online platforms to continue with the lessons. Jambords is a GREAT way to review a design project. It's the closest to a present correction I've seen online. Very well developed, and the fact that is from google makes everything easier, everything is sync.

Cons

One thing I think that maybe can be improved in some way is that with our classmates and professors we have to create a meeting (with google meet) to be able to listen to each other. So we have both pages opened, and if jamboards included an option for having a videocall while everybody is on the same jam, would be much much easier to use. And another detail would be that, for example, we have a group of 10 people on one jam, one person is drawing on and talking about the first page, but the others have already switched to the second one, or the third, and the person drawing doesn't realize that nobody is seeing what he is trying to say because they thoughth he was oon the first page, so then he realizes it, he tells everybody to return to the first one, and has to explain again. That happened MANY times on my lessons, it would be great if everybody could see just one page, and if one person changes it, it would change for everybody. Anyway, that would mess up everything when students try to put their work on a page, because you can't do anything while somebody is on another page, so MAYBE there can also be an option that allows you to "modify" so that you can modify a page without bothering the others. Obviously, while the presentation is going on people are not on modify, so in that way you gain something too, nobody accidentally modifies another person's work while watching the lesson, which has also happened many times.

Ada jocabeth Á.

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

A board with an intuitive, fun and collaborative desing.

It's a quick and easy tool for teaching, taking notes, brainstorming, and much more. In my classes, I use it to teach math and it is very useful when writing math language. You can work in collaboration with other people in real-time thanks to the fact that it's now integrated with Google Meet and you can project on a Chromecast. In addition, Jamboard integrates easily with Google Drive and is stored in the cloud. With the recent updates on mobile and tablet, it has improved a lot, please add more tools and a color palette.

Pros

What I like about this platform is that you can interact with your students and colleagues at the same time from their phones, tablets, and PCs. It's integrated with Google Meet, which makes it a basic tool for all your meetings. Also, you can add images, notes, change the background, and use different types of pencils and shapes, which makes it more creative and fun.

Cons

For those who are not used to it, Jamboard works like slides instead of an infinite page, which can lose the sequence or relationship of the notes. It would be good if the developers added tools to interact with the images on the board and select the objects, also add more fonts and a color palette.

Sara Y.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 15/01/2021

Jamboard is my jam when working from home

Jamboard allows team members to take a deeper dives into the do-outs of a meeting. Rather than just ask questions, suggest comments, or pose other ideas - we're able to get all this down in writing and more.

Pros

I like that it is a product of Google and as a consequence, Jamboard integrates well with G Suite. It's a nice extension that gives people what they want during remote meetings: collaboration, visibility, and transparency, and fun!

Cons

When too many people use the platform as the same time, some post-it notes go missing. I'm not sure why that is the case. It could be a glitch or technical error, perhaps?

Sarah M.

Reviewed on 10/01/2021

Jamboard for Teachers

Jamboard is a wonderful resource for both teachers and students. I have enjoyed sharing it with teachers in my district and love to see the variety of ways it is used in the classroom.

Pros

As a K-12 Instructional Technologist, I use and recommend Jamboard quite often. Jamboard is a great place for teachers and students to collaborate, share ideas, and respond to learning. I commonly use Jamboard during Professional Development for teachers to leave sticky notes and brainstorm with colleagues in addition to providing feedback for me.

Cons

I love all of the updates Jamboard has made this year. Teachers wanted a way to insert text without using a sticky note and that was added this year. They have also requested to be able to lock items in place so that those interacting with their Jamboard won't be able to delete the items.

Rosciel R.

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Answer for Online Collaboration

I like it so far. Its plus factor that I have not seen in any platform is that the collaboration use of it coupled with the drawing tools.

Pros

I like that is user friendly and has several drawing tools I need to . I also like that I can now zoom in the board. I love that my students can can see each others answer where they can do collaboration or correction in their math solutions.

Cons

It would be nice if there is an option where I can store my jams in a folder. It's a hassle that every time I open the jam board I would see plenty jam board at once. If it's in folder, I can categorize my jams then, and will make it easier for me to see which activity to use in a particular class.

It would be great too if there's an option in the tool bar where I can lock the jam when it's time for us to go over the jam activity to control students in messing and playing with the jam during instruction time.

Please include tool for mathematics.

Gessica R.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

A platform option for shared online poster creation

In general, I like it very much and I find it very agile and useful in creating shared tasks creatively and in addition to written communication, the team likes to work with reference images, and the main thing is that the layout is simple, beautiful and easy and it breaks a little routine of the screens.

Pros

The platform is very easy to use, the team makes an interactive task board creatively, with the actions of each member. very easy to manipulate and edit through smartphones, it is agile, with a cheerful interface and breaks the monotony of so many everyday screens.

Cons

Although I like and use the platform a lot, one thing I think is bad is that the page size that cannot be formatted makes the work screen limited and that is why some work panels need to be split so they don't get tangled up.

Margaret A.

Reviewed on 23/01/2021

Jamboard: the blackboard of computer screen

It really help me a lot during the corona days as i was teaching my students online. I could explain the problem clearly using this app and seems just like the blackboard in schools

Pros

It gives a platform or screen for us to write on phones or laptops. Its clarity and background is perfectly designed for writing in a eay other could understand.

Cons

It must include provisions for inserting figures and slides and should help to download the matter writing on it in pdf format.

Rahul K.

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

I love the Jamboard.

The best tool we have had to deal with the ongoing pandemic situation in the educational and business industries.

Pros

It is by far the best online, live sharing board I have come across. My professor uses this in all his classes to explain and collaborate concepts.

Cons

The mobile interface can be better. I have seen time lags when there more than 5 people using the board at the same time.

Priya K.

Reviewed on 17/04/2021

My Virtual White Board

During distance learning, it is my virtual whiteboard, on which I can write my agenda, objectives, and actual teaching content.

Pros

We can present, teach, share and compile ideas on to the Jamboard with its virtual multicolored post-it notes. I have also used it as a tool to answer questions, gather ideas, and signups for other activities.

Cons

I like most of its features, perhaps if we had the option for each post-it to automatically be placed on the blank parts of the board, as opposed to, being piled on top of each other, as people write on them.

Emily G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Google’s Great Online Interactive Whiteboard

I’ve really enjoyed using Jamboard with my second graders and fellow teachers. During quarantine and E-Teaching, this has been a great way to interact with students, letting them jump in and add notes and pictures for group projects, or even to brainstorm new ideas with other teachers. Even though I don’t have the hardware, I’ve enjoyed using Jamboard, and so have the students!

Pros

Jamboard is a quick and easy interactive whiteboard software. It has many easy to use tools, such as sticky notes, drawing, adding pictures, and more. Multiple people can join the Jamboard online to edit and view it simultaneously, which makes it great for collaboration! On top of that, because Jamboard is a part of the Google Suite, any board you make is automatically saved on your Google Drive, and as someone who often forgets where documents are stored, that is amazing!

Cons

The software doesn’t have quite as many features as other interactive whiteboard softwares, such as SMART. Also, similar to SMART, the software is great, but the hardware can be very expensive.

Alexandros A.

Reviewed on 28/11/2021

A great choice for a digital canvas for online lectures and some quick notes

Overall, I highly recommend it for online lectures and quick brainstorming but do not expect features found on more specialized platforms.

Pros

Jamboard is quite easy to use. You can share the digital canvas with students or colleagues and work/brainstorm together. Also, it is tightly integrated with the Gmail account and the whole ecosystem.

Cons

I can't get over the fact that you can not make a canvas full screen. It's the thing that comes up most of the time and it should be there from day one. Also, I would like to be able to create a Jamboard from any place on Google Drive and not just have them accumulate on the same folder.

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Great for my school

I think this is a really useful tool to use in my classroom. My students really enjoy using it. There are a few drawbacks though. There needs a way to be able to lock info and be able to make some elements not editable. Also I wish students couldn't add slides when you share the board with them.

Pros

I love the collaboration that I can have between the students of my class.

Cons

I wish there was a way to lock something onto a slide and not have others be able to edit or move it when you collaborate with others.

Seon T.
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

Every teacher should be using this.

As a lecturing teaching virtual I was looking for a digital tool to increase engagements in my classroom and encourage collaboration. Jamboard was the ideal solutions for me and it has been my go to tool for icebreakers, fun activities and group projects.

Pros

Jamboard is a digital collaboration too that I use frequently in my classroom for teaching. I love how easy it it to set up and then share with students. The user interface is simple, inviting and does not intimidate the user. Jamboard allows me to virtually engage students ans encourage them to participate in activities. All this is done in real time and I can promptly provide feedback.

Cons

I would like to see more tool suited for artist, like different brushes and mixing options. This would be of great value to me as an art teacher. I would also appreciate if they would add greater control options when sharing a Jamboard. I want to be able to prevent students from deleting or moving certain items on each Jamboard page.

Denise nicole G.

Reviewed on 23/01/2022

This is the 'new' blackboard!

Pros

This makes our class interactive and fun! You can draw, type a message, insert a picture using jamboard! Because of jamboard our class is not boring. So, as an education student, we are also using this when we are doing our online presentation so we can get our class involved in discussion and make our class interactive and fun!

Cons

I do not have any complain about this software. I love this and it's also free.