Mindbody Reviews

Visit Website

About Mindbody

Mindbody is a cloud-based club management and appointment scheduling solution designed for the needs of small to midsize businesses. The product is primarily used by gyms, fitness and personal training centers, salons, spas and...

3.6

Emily
Emily
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio

Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

Pros

There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

Cons

Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

Ron

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Mindbody or not

I really liked it in the beginning but I grew less enamored by it as time went on

Pros

Pretty comprehensive interface you can get up and running pretty quickly. Allows you to see your schedule.

Cons

Always raising the price. And sometimes the tech support was not there to help me

• Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Mindbody Review

Pros

Nothing. It really was over-promised and underdelivered

Cons

Everything. It was not a good system to use

Top Mindbody Alternatives

Sherree
Sherree
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Time Saving

Very happy and less stressed with Mindbody.

Pros

I can have all the different kinds of appointments for my Mary Kay on here easily. Easy to load and navigate through it. Helps keep personal appointments seperate from my businesse.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that I don't like or that would be a Con for users.

Nicholas
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Fitness Goals

Highly recommend. My business has grown in the short amount of time I have been using the app. Looking forward to the future benefits.

Pros

Being able to schedule appointments with clients I service. Easy to see availability of my schedule and allows my clients to see availability. No need to communicate with them outside of the app. Simple and organized.

Cons

Notifications when things change on my schedule. Before appointments begin, I have to make sure that the client is still coming in by checking the schedule. There have been times I did not receive notice they cancelled.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

A good system that did not work as well for Canadian clients

Pros

Customer service was very good. We were able to easily put in our schedules and see the overall picture of our enrollment structure. Tracking clients was well done.

Cons

Mindbody at the time of our usage did not allow for online registration for clients, payment systems for Canadians not the ability for our clients to have a portal into their accounts to make changes and access information. It was very rudementary in its design. As such we changed systems entirely for ease of business.

Edward
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

No Longer Suitable for Music Teacher; Expensive for Small Businesses

I have used MindBody for nearly 15 years, both as an administrator and staff/user, and I used to work in software. I used to love them and, early on, I would frequently recommend them to colleagues - the deployment phase was exceptional.

However, they are not the company them once were - nor is their software as attractive, simple to use, or innovative as it used to be. The user-interface is very tired-looking, they are focused on up-selling to bigger clients who can afford and ignoring the smaller clients of which I am one. (Their costs are £100-450pcm basic, plus an additional £199 pcm for an almost essential mobile app, which puts it well out of range for a small business.

Probably, importantly, the functionality is also possibly geared around larger yoga, hair-salons, gyms, etc. I am a music teacher. I think it's time I looked at a more tailored music teaching option.

Pros

Excellent support at deployment stage; good customer service response times; very friendly staff; used to be market leaders; possibly good functionality but only available at premiums packages

Cons

Old-fashioned user-interface (very web v.1); very expensive; limited functionality compared to competition (good functionality only available at premiums packages); current business model seems to be selling 'tailored' mobile apps at £199 pcm, which we all know is off-the-shelf code painted a different colour and without enough modifiable options to justify the expense).

No longer market leaders; unaware of competition; mixed staff knowledge (their recent expansion means too many employees have severely limited knowledge, and I frequently get passed around 'experts' or stuck re-explaining my issues).

Acuity Scheduling

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

I chose MindBody 10 years ago when there weren't many better alternatives or industry-specific alternatives. There now are considerable options for music teaching software so I fear I must bid MindBody goodbye...
Ryan

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Way too expensive for what you get. Currently the online booking App displays doesn't work

Not great. I have reached out to support twice in the past month regarding the issue with the App showing all the wrong appointment times and patients being unable to book. As this is the primary function of the software (and 5 times more expensive than my last software) I told them I need to get out of my contract so I can get a product that works, and they so far refuse, Even though they admit the App is broken. Their response is they can just remove my business from the App. (I pay for this, I want the features.)

It also often takes Support several days to respond to support requests, which is very frustrating when you're having a issue.

This Software is definitely not worth the $260 a month. I was paying $50 for Acuity and it was a better product, and I will be switching back as soon as I can get out of this contract.

Pros

It has a lot of features if you are able to figure out the quirks of the software. The Mindbody App can be really nice, (but right now mine is broken and is limiting the ability for patients to schedule.)

Cons

First off, there is no trial period or Demo that allows you to play with the software and soft launch for you to test to make sure it works for your application, and they force a 12 month subscription. A lot of things they told me the software could do, that it does not in fact do. I learned the hard way that this system is geared much more towards classes and not services. A lot of features I was told to work are things like the waiting list feature, but that is only for classes. (it was a huge reason why I picked the software.)

The software can be really clunky and is way too finicky. I have used 4 or 5 different booking platforms in the past and this by far is the least user friendly.

The services widgets that go on the website are nowhere near as modern looking as the class widgets, the widget on my website looks like it came straight out of Windows 95, which on a nice designed website looks terrible.

The biggest issue, that has apparently been going on for more than a month is that the Iphone App apparently has a bug that has caused my office's availability to show completely wrong times to book. When I log in under the patient app it shows times available for booking that I am not even in the office for. When a patient goes to book one of those times a error pops up. I had several patients reach out to me for a matter of weeks telling me they were having issues booking which I thought was user error but Mindbody confirmed it is on their end.

Danielle
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Mindbody App Review for Fitness and Spa Scheduling

Mindbody has been a great resource for scheduling fitness, spa appointments. It is much easier than calling the location and having to wait on hold to speak with someone.

Pros

Mindbody is a very easy app to use to schedule a variety of appointments as long as the company you are receiving services from is part of Mindbody. It is seamless to schedule as well as reschedule within the app when necessary. I manage not only my own appointments but those for my children through the app.

Cons

None at this time, the needs of the app meet my expectations.

April
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/01/2024

Fantastic App!

Mindbody is a great app to make appointments and keep track of schedules.

Pros

I love how easy Mindbody is to use. I can easy and quickly find my appointments and also see other options in my area.

Cons

It would be nice if it kept me logged in, it seems I have to log back in every time.

Theresa

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

It is OKAY

I think until recently we were thinking of switching to something else that is more reasonably priced. I stayed on and am now using the new marketing software. We will see if it helps automate our business more.

Pros

I like that it has an app and that our clients can easily sign up. Also, the billing makes it easy for a small business like ours.

Cons

We have been using MINDBODY for the last 3 years. I just think it is okay and think there are so many other products out there that have come out that might be better. My biggest gripe is the cost. I wish it scaled more with how big our fitness business is. We have a small business and don't do a lot of volume but in order to get the marketing features we have to pay a huge premium. I also was bothered that that they just increase costs by a lot after we used it for a year and never gave any training about the new features that we HAD to pay for. I don't like that their actual internal network and app don't help get new clients. DON'T ever pay for that feature as it takes a percentage from the sale. You are much better off doing your own sales and marketing.

Vagaro

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

It seems to be the most widely used in the business
Jonathan

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Frustrating software that causes no end of issues and no one to help!! (that was our experience...

Unprofessional, inept and impossible.

We have been tirelessly attempting to deal with Mindbody to help us with our new company and have had so many problems on the way. The "Sad Robot" has to be the most frustrating logos that inform the user that "Something's not working right" has been the most common experience of us as company owners and worst of all, our clients/patients.

The first 6 days we couldn't log on to our £300+/month (half price as a special enticement) and no one could help me. Finally we were logged on and as a gesture of goodwill the Mindbody team agreed to waive the first months fee...this was the one and only positive, as sadly things went from bad to worse.

Our "onboarder" was [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who was very nice but due to the 8 hour time difference was unable to offer us training before 5pm UK time, when we have our young kids to contend with!

So we were provided with a [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who frustratingly wasn't helpful and at times, rather rude. Attempts to ask questions and raise concerns were cut short by her repeatedly interrupting, so much so I actually struggled to attend our training due to her poor attitude and unprofessional approach.

We asked her "why don't our clients get confirmation emails when they book online?". She replied "there's a bug". We asked "What's been done and when is it being fixed" to which she replied "You've been added to the list but I don't know when it will be fixed".

How can we tell clients that?

Proble after problem

Pros

The name is good. The software looks so good when you see it on YouTube, but our experience didn't live up to the promises

Cons

The problems just got worse and worse....

1. Clients who booked online had their payments rejected.

2. Some were charged twice.

3. Some were booked and then cancelled, then when they tried again, the class was fully booked.

4. Then a whole days worth of payments were then voided, over £600 on our 2nd day of trading....gone!

But, all the clients had the payment taken out of their accounts, so we had to ask them to show evidence as our Mindbody software was showing that the payment was voided. It made us look so amateur and clueless.

5. The widgets on the App don't work and the calendar disappears, then the link doesn't work. All the time I am paying my website designer to try to figure this out and no one in technical team is available to talk to him. Despite cries for help and emails to Ross.

6. Our card machine (£199) didn't work. We spent over four hours the day before our launch attempting to talk to a technical team that eventually got it working...for 2 hours and then the next day it didn't work again.

So clients can't pay online as it doesn't work, and they can't may at our health hub... as the card machine doesn't work....so they have to pay by cash....who pays by cash and what kind of modern day company demands cash as their online software doesn't work and their card machine doesn't work?.....it makes us....sorry, Mindbody made us look like an absolute joke.

7. Instructors haven't been able to log on

8. We haven't had our payments through to our bank

Phillipe

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

Terrible product w/ terrible customer service

It couldn’t be worse and I feel trapped because moving 1,100 customers to a new product is close to impossible.

Pros

There is one guy, [sensitive content hidden] that works for MBO who’s helpful. Everyone else at MindBody has no idea how to operate or provide guidance on their own product

Cons

I’ve used MBO for years and it is the bane of our existence. Monthly memento based Martial Arts and Fitness gyms are in dire need of a better product.

Zen Planner

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

I was sold a fake bag of goods. That is correct, MBO lies about their product.

ASF Payment Solutions

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

The reviews online are managed by MBO making their online reputation far better looking than it sounds be.
Lori

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

MINDBODY software

I wouldn't want to change. Software changes are difficult to walk staff through. Price increases may impact that over time. Partly because it is ever evolving and slowly but surely we get functionality that we need. The software is greatly modifiable, however, we have hit quite a few roadblocks of things that we need that we just can't do because we do not have the typical boutique business model.

Pros

Ability to interact with clients through auto-e-mails/texts.

Cons

Not built specifically for fitness centers so lacks some functionality specific to a non-profit fitness center. Definitely built for a boutique studio.

William

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

Pros

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

Cons

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it.

Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one.

What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Reviewed on 07/10/2016

Big Company - Doesn't care about you

When you sign up you'll be promised the moon and stars. Then you'll get 1-2 support calls per week and you'll see many of those claims retracted. If your support guy is good (I had one good call) this is enough to get you up and running. Unfortunately mine was not. It was "click here, type this, go back to this screen and click here" and then at exactly 45 minutes our call is ended until the next one. No explanation of the system just blind instructions. This went on for 2 months! At some point he was telling me "You're ready to go" when in fact all I'd been doing was following his instructions and still didn't get any explanation on how to use it with clients. The final straw was when I couldn't get the app working on an android device and then told they don't support all android devices (sales rep promised 'it will run on any android device'). In maddening frustration by that point, I left and asked for a refund but was told "we have a no refund policy". I later realised by myself that a different app is used for business (nobody in support pointed this out when I brought up the compatibility issue). I'd already bought all the hardware and cards for the barcode scanning function so tried to clear the air and take a share of blame, then suggested if someone on their end can just explain how to use that feature I'd continue with mindbody. They ignored that and are completely ignoring all of my emails now (even though I'm still in the middle of a paid month). Do not go near these guys, they will take your money and drop you if you are too much work. There is no trial period and their legally dubious 'no refund policy' means you will never get your money back if something goes wrong. You will feel like a tiny cog to a big company and if you don't like how the system works, tough!

To review the software itself, it has lots of features but you'll only need a fraction of them. The reason is that they try to cover such a wide range of businesses - from gyms to hair dressers. So the backend has a ton of menus and unfamiliar terminologies, and a significant learning curve to get up and running. This would be manageable, but see my review above regarding support. If you want to drive desk staff mad, and make them harder to train and replace, then this is a good way to do it.

I would recommend you shop around for a better alternative to this. Mindbody is a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none. Goteamup or Glofox were much better alternatives I evaluated

Pros

- If most of your business is direct debit based, and if you can get your customers into their paysafe (netbanx) system, then the transaction charges seem competitive (plus an extra monthly fee).
- There are lots of features
- It has a custom app that looks pretty

Cons

- The app will also advertise any of your competitors on mindbody when people look for you
- You feel like you are dealing with a big company that doesn't ultimately care about you or your business, just your money
- Legally dubious "No Refund" policy will be enforced regardless of the reason you ask. Contact your consumer ombudsman if they try this
- Inflexible back end - jack of all trades approach

Lauren

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Excellent at providing options, but slightly over-complicated

Overall, this product is a good solution for any gym or membership based company. I have not been able to find an option out there that has as many capabilities as Mindbody does, so I've chosen to stick with it. While it does have some inconveniences, it is a very reliable flexible software, which at the end of the day is the most important thing anyway.

Pros

The sheer range of things this program can do is extremely impressive. Having just one program that can do so much is a huge plus in terms of simplicity and frugality. Specifically, it is very nice to have a POS, scheduling software, and online booking all in one. You can have two computers set up at your gym that can handle everything. Extremely convenient.

Customer service is pretty good. I never had to wait on hold for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes the help takes longer than seems necessary and is difficult to follow, but I think that is more than fault of this somewhat convoluted software than the actual customer service itself.

The software is easily accessible from anywhere. Surprisingly, their mobile platform is actually pretty good!

Cons

The main Con in a word is Convoluted. Everything is multiple steps, navigating the software can be difficult, and the layout is not intuitive in the slightest. I strongly dread training new employees on this software. It usually takes me about two hours just to go through everything with them...It's a headache. Like anything else, it's not too bad once you learn it, but learning it is not fun.

The POS is a little clunky. Processing is a bit slow- this was an issue even on a new computer. At my former employer, we actually ended up buying a different POS because we were so tired of putting up with the one built I to Mindbody. We still used the Mindbody one for class and competition registrations, but everything else (open gym admissions, merchandise, snacks, and drinks) went through the other system.

Peter

Reviewed on 05/06/2020

Stay well away from this company

MindBody missold me on the product. They promised me basic functions that the software simply wasn't able to deliver. When I expressed that this is one of the main selling points for me they said quote" I've checked it for you and we can do that". One of these things was a simple auto email reminder for customers when they are due for payment on their payment plan. This function could have saved me a considerable amount of time not having to individually email people.

It took me weeks of communication to them to even get an I'm sorry out of them without any real resolution.

I wish their sales people were more honest at the beginning and just told me outright that the software isn't for my business. They outright lied to me and seemed to be more keen on closing a sale than having a happy customer for the long run. They suspect they actually caused extra work load for their tech support team.

While the tech support team was generally trying to be helpful I was told conflicting information several times about the same subject on how to adjust a certain functionaility or whether or not it can be adjusted etc. This also caused me several hours on the phone with them.

This is very upsetting as I sept £1500 for onboarding then £190/month on monthly subsciption for using the platform. That's OUTRAGEOUS comparing it to what you actually get for that money!!!!!!!

Upon leaving them they woulnd't provide my data in a userfriendly format even when I asked for it.

Pros

I generally found their tech support team helpful and generally trying their best to sort out the issues you're facing. Although it often meant spending hours on the phone waiting for them.

Cons

Not user friendly at all, neither from the customer's perspective nor from the admin side. Initially we had about 30% of the registration not going through due to the sign up process not functioning properly on the customers side. This is after spending £1500 on 2 months of onboarding with MindBody!!!!

The software often wouldn't function fully on Safari.

Simple tasks made extremely complicated on the admin side. For example: if you have to change a date of an event, you have to remove every person registered from the event and refund their account. Until you do that the software doesn't let you change the date. Once you removed and refunded everyone you can change the date of the event. Once you change the date of the event you have to individually re-register each person back in. The process of doing the unregistering and reregistering someone takes a couple of minutes each. This is just one example of many.

Response from Mindbody

Hello,

We are sorry to hear about your experience with Mindbody.

We can see that your cancellation was processed, and wish you the best of luck as you search for a software that fits your business needs.

Replied 29/06/2020
Richard
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 16/05/2017

Skip this overpriced, poorly designed software.

Pros

The actual customer interface is pleasing to look at. Customer support had a fairly long wait most days, but when you did get through to someone, they could usually solve the problem or let you know there was nothing they could do to help.

Cons

I was contacted by a Mindbody sales rep who said their software would be "perfect" for doing online reservations for my business. I'm more than a bit disappointed in their software. This is a classic example of a very poorly designed system that has been endlessly fixed and patched.

Here is my biggest complaint. The software allows a client to purchase more seats than what are available in a workshop scheduled for a particular date. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT AN ONLINE RESERVATION SYSTEM ALLOWS MORE SEATS TO BE SOLD THAN ARE AVAILABLE? Really, it's true. It is really and unbelievably true. Happens to us week in and week out and I have to call customers to apologize and fix the mess.

Every month I have to schedule my classes and get them into the system. Because the software is so clunky, it takes a lot of time, multiple screens and it is prone to errors. I've recently switched to a new software system and what takes me 10 minutes now used to take me an hour with Mindbody.

Training employees to use the system is extremely difficult. I finally gave up and just did the work myself.

Their latest 25% price increase had me running for the door.

There are other reservation systems out there that you can find on this review site. Don't waste your time with this one.

Response from Mindbody

Hi Richard,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We have been experiencing a higher than average call volume and have been actively working on improving wait times, including launching a 24/7 support Twitter account.

We'd like to hear more about your feedback about your worksthips being oversold. Can you send us an email at [email protected] detailing your experience so we can investigate?

We know that you have many options for business management software and we appreciate that you tried MINDBODY. We wish you and your business success.

Replied 19/05/2017
Lorrie

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Would love to find an alternative

It was relatively easy to setup and get going but I wished that I had more alternatives to test before putting my entire business on this. I am seeking an alternative.

Pros

MindBodyOnline is used across many studios so it is easy to use. It does most of what I want it to do but not necessarily without workarounds. I really wanted this to work but it's now getting my financials wrong and this is huge for me.

Cons

Very buggy. The phone app acts differently than the web browser application. It's making it nearly impossible to trust my appointments, sessions and payments for clients. I run my studio with the mobile app and it's getting increasingly challenging. As I am a small business, I feel that I don't have much weight to influence positive changes to the app through customer support. I've been told it's because I'm on an entry level version of the app and that if I upgrade I can get what I need. I don't feel that spending extra money after experiencing ridiculous price hikes over the past 2 years will help. I am desperately looking for an alternative to run my business. I've tried several times to talk with customer support and they are always very friendly and try to be helpful but I think they are limited to how the company is being run. I was told to email the CEO directly, I did that 3-4 times and my emails went unanswered.

If there is anything I can tell you not to use:

Referred by Relationship- It mixes packages and false payment information between those two clients

Booking appointments by mobile app- It allows you to book and it automatically takes sessions from their package and reserves it for that session. When you check how many sessions they have left, it's not accurate because it already reserved these sessions so it looks like your client is due for payment when they are not. The web app does not do this!

Response from Mindbody

Hi Lorrie-

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are actively working on improving our mobile apps and recently released a refreshed version of our mobile app. Each level of our software does offer more features, and we do recommend that you use our Starter level or above.

If you do decide to leave MINDBODY, please keep in mind that our Terms of Service require a 30 day written notice prior to cancellation. If we can help you at all as you consider your options, please let us know!

Replied 07/09/2017
Shakeyla

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

Driving the wellness industry!

Software is good for scheduling appointments and making business run more smoothly on daily basis. However, the price of subscription and customer service need improvement.

Pros

Mindbody is effectively the most impressive and thorough programming that anyone could hope to find to assist with running your wellbeing and wellness organization. What many people may not know is that this organization is driving the charge to further develop wellbeing and wellness in this country. Having only one program that can accomplish such a great deal is an enormous in addition to concerning straightforwardness and thriftiness. In particular, it is extremely ideal to have a POS, planning programming, and web based booking across the board. Client assistance is very great. I never needed to look out for hold for longer than a couple of moments. Once in a while the assistance takes more time than appears to be needed and is hard to understand, however I feel that is more than shortcoming of this to some degree tangled programming than the genuine client care itself. The product is effectively open from anyplace. Mobile usage is great!

Cons

I accept on the off chance that anybody considers utilizing other programming, it is on the grounds that you are compelled to use a certain charge card organization with Mindbody. They attempted to carry out a portable devoted installment gadget called POYNT which has been frustrating. It is bothersome, yet I was enjoyably shocked to have the option to return for a credit. Customer service could be a whole lot better. Reps that I spoke with were unhelpful at times.

Tim
Tim
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

Mindbody - Be Prepared to Spend Countless Wasted Hours To Make This Software Work

Avoid this software especially if you are a small busines.

Pros

It is a functional tool if you have hundreds of extra hours to set it up, understand its glitches and manage around its shortcomings.

Cons

We have been using Mindbody for 5+ years. I don't believe the software is designed by anyone who actually uses it because it is the opposite of human centered design. I am writing this review because we have spent 6-7 months trying to set up payment for another site and their team has given us nothing but the run around.

During the pandemic, they withheld funds for no reason at all and made all their users write for "Permission" to get money they got from clients who had paid for services.

The Credit cards fees are hidden and contain numerous hidden fees and on top of that they can't eve make software easy to use.

So many examples of things that could be simplified:
Cancelling someone's recurring class scheduling is a ridiculous 9 click(!) process for no reason at all.

The tool looks different and functions different in every different place. From the software, Online APP or imbedded tools on your website. They all can do some things and not others. ZERO CONSISTENCY in look or functionality.

Billing with online tools can't be targeted to a location. Only charges run by staff in the software can be designated to a location.

Scheduling people into classes is also a process that takes numerous extra steps and time.

Every day, you spend an hour "checking out" appointments to find the few that might have billing issues instead of having something easier to use that would check out appointments that have billing already.

ZERO RESPONSIVENESS to feature requests.

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Stay away

Pros

Membership restrictions.
payment on account
consumer online portion is in Italian ( the language of the country I live in)

Cons

Everything! Was told the app was available in Italian when I was sold the system. 1.5 years later there was a price increase and still no Italian app. I am in Italy and this is one the most important features of my business.
* lowest level barely gives you the basics you need to run a business.
*By law, I need sales broken down into 3 categories: 1. total sales 2. sales at 22% VAT 3. sales at 10%. Unfortunately, at the basic level this is NOT offered. My sales reporting is per the Italian Law as we must report to the government in this format. It isn't worth paying extra a month for a report I need by law.
*By law, I need scontrino and fattura capabilities which they do not have available for Italy yet they continue to sell to Italy. MBO is not compliant with Italian law. They have been very unresponsive in correcting anything and continue to sell in Italy.
*TotalWOD not great
*Can't put more than 1 item in a contract.
*can't do inventory
*horrible customer service. takes over a month to get a response via email and several hours waits on chat or phone.
*constant price increases
*there is so much more I really do not like about Mindbody Online. They shouldn't be selling in a country that they are not compliant with the law at the basic price.
*They are NOT designed for a CrossFit Box.
*The system is too slow regardless of the operating system. I have tried it on a MAC and a PC.
*when a SEPA/ACH fails and gets returned, it doesn't alert the system. It used to do it with the first 3rd party processor (ayden) but doesn't with PaySafe. MBO said they would look into it and never got back to me so now when something fails, I manually adjust the account. It is a pain.

A software system should make your life easier.... NOT mind body online. Worst system ever! I am would not recommend it to anyone especially a CrossFit facility operating as a normal business (non ASD). You will waste hours with them.

Truly, think twice before you choose MindBody Online. It is horrible for small businesses.

Le

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

MINDBODY IS THE WORST!!!

THEY HOLD YOUR CLIENT DATA HOSTAGE - Additionally, when we leave we will have to pay them for our own clients information to have it transferred to the new company . . . OUR OWN CLIENTS!!!

Pros

The software is pretty easy to figure out however the bad too far outweighs the good. When you crash as often as MindBody does it really doesn't matter whether your software is easy to use or not.

Cons

THEY CONSTANTLY DISRUPT BUSINESS - They choose to launch software updates and perform maintenance during peak business hours which constantly disrupts business. One outage on 4/5/18 lasted THE WHOLE DAY!!! Then the following day their credit card processors went down almost an entire day and this was a busy Friday for us. They majorly altered their software system and implemented in on Saturday 3/3/18 which severely disrupted business. All of a sudden our front desk staff could not book clients services, close out the register, or tip service providers out. They stated that this was now the Essentials Package. In the MBO Essentials package staff cannot book or close out a register, only a manager or owner can do this. Managers cannot tip out staff, only an owner can do this. What kind of small business runs with managers on hand to book and close out the drawer every day and owners who also come in every day to tips the staff out for what they earned?
THEY STOLE THOUSANDS FROM OUT CLIENTS ACCOUNTS - They discontinued our clients rewards and took all the money that they had earned from their accounts. Some of our clients had been earning these funds for a decades. We had thousands affected!
THEIR CREDIT CARD PROCESSING WONT ACCEPT ALL CREDIT CARDS - They switched us over so that they could function as our credit card processor this last year and assured us that nothing would change, however because of the way they process transactions prepaid credit cards like visa, mastercard, etc can no longer be used as a form of payment.

Reviewed on 27/10/2016

Looking for Other Options

I run a small yoga studio and have used Mindbody for a few years. I have always found it to be time consuming, doing simple tasks and changes take too long, it is not intuitive or user friendly.There are a lot of things it should do, that you have to pay extra for, for example for $95 a month I should not have to pay Healcode (now owned by Mindbody) $25 a month to embed the schedule onto my website. Customer service has always been horrible and slow, but we recently came across an issue where I noticed that auto pays that did not process (were denied by the customers credit card) were charging the customers account so it never showed that they owed. It took 4 customer service calls for someone to figure it out, I learned that because of this issue, my small business had lost just over $2,000.00 in auto renewal payments, and Mindbody told me that was it was my fault, and that I must have gone in and set up the option on my own (though they could never verify when I set that up). Needless to say, I have talked to lots of other studio owners and we are all looking for other options.

Pros

Lots of options and reports. Clients can purchase things online and register for classes in advance. Also the auto-renewal option is nice (when the settings are set in a way that makes sense)

Cons

Not user friendly, poor and slow to respond (3 plus business days or longer) customer service, expensive, have to purchase add ons for better functionality, somewhat dated looking, time consuming to set things up, looks somewhat dated, customers often have issues using the client portal. As a former customer service manager, the customer service is by far my biggest complaint, if they had excellent customer service I think I would overall be more happy with them and forgive the other grievances I have with their software.