WebPT Reviews

About WebPT

Established in 2008, WebPT is the nation’s most trusted outpatient rehab therapy software platform in the country, helping more than 150,000 rehab therapy professionals from all practice sizes and specialties run successful and...

4.1
4.1
4.2

Browse WebPT Reviews

Kerry
Kerry
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 15/03/2022

Great cloud-based documentation system, but there are some bugs.

Pros

WebPT was easy to learn to use and easier to start actually documenting patient care on. Scheduling is helpful and being able to access the patient's chart through the schedule itself is great.

Cons

The schedule really needs to have a tracking feature, where you can tell what date/time the appointment was scheduled, checked in, etc; and there needs to be a rescheduling feature instead of just "cancel" or "delete". Also, there is a field where you can enter a Return to Dr. date, when the patient returns to see their referring provider, but the field resets itself randomly and does not keep the date in place. I have contacted customer service multiple times about this and their suggestions are not helpful and have not solved the problem.

Ashley

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

User-Friendly Scheduling Software!

Great experience overall. I have worked with WebPT for 5 years and only had an issue once on a Saturday when they were doing maintenance.

Pros

Scheduling patients is easy! I love the reports feature. You can view daily reports of patient payments, authorization reports, daily payments reports, etc. My parent's physical therapy practice has been using this software since 2012, where we have gone completely paperless! Everything is done on the computer. From the time the patient schedules the first visit, to the physical therapist writing the examination report/note, to the physical therapist aide viewing flowsheets (patient's exercise programs). It is especially easy for admin/aide/PT opening and closing procedures because of all the reports to view. In the morning we can view the schedule for the day, authorizations expiring, and make changes as necessary by dragging appointments. You can also view multiple therapist schedule's at once, if there are more than one therapist working at the practice. There is color coding in the scheduling feature for different therapies or to use internally, i.e., red = new patient; therapist needs to spend 1 hour with this patient or purple = child patient or orange = balance issues. On the schedule, I can quickly and easily see my day, by noticing how many new patients there are with the color coding, or let the PT know what type of patients are coming later in the day. At the end of the night, I can download total patient payments for the day and send to my manager via secure fax. This makes collecting and recording payments easy, and reduces the risk of missing payments.

Cons

Adding patients is a pain! When adding a new patient, you have to fill out ALL the information or else the patient is not saved. This is horrible while working because often times I'd be dealing with a new patient over the phone, a patient in person that wants to pay a copay, and the phone ringing on another line. While all this is happening, it would be great if I could "save my work" and go back to it later. If WebPT is worried that patients won't be added properly, then they can set up an annoying notifications system to let me know I need to finish my work. However, if a patient is not set up properly, the practice can't bill the insurance company and then we don't get paid--so trust me: we will fill out the information properly!!

Faigy

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Stay away from this EMR

Painful tedious and not very smart high provider burnout

Pros

Really not efficient or provider centered

Cons

customer service and the actual EMR it gets progressively worse with each upgrade

Top WebPT Alternatives

Stephanie
Stephanie

Reviewed on 19/04/2016

WEBPT IS THE ONLY CHOICE FOR PHYSICAL THERAPY ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS!

Currently, we utilize WEBPT in a very busy outpatient physical therapy clinic. When we started looking for EMR software a few years ago, we saw that there were very few Physical Therapy choices available that incorporated everything we were looking for in an EMR. It is very user-friendly, even for the technically challenged users in our clinic. One of the more important aspects of WEBPT is the efficient way we are kept compliant with all things Medicare! When Medicare requirements change, WEBPT will implement those changes well in advance of the start date, along with the necessary training. This ensures that clinics are comfortable with the changes and aren't scrambling at the last minute, wondering if their claims will get paid, or if their documentation is on point. I cannot stress how much we are pleased with WEBPT. It is THE ONLY CHOICE for Rehab Professionals!!

Efficiency with Front Office Package
Documentation is very straight forward
Customer Service Reps
Compliance with Insurance Changes
Schedule is easy to use and read

Cons

Fewer clicks between tabs

R. Chris

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

Web PT

This has streamlined and made our documentation complete and compliant.

Pros

Good compliant software that meets the needs of our company.

Cons

There are some things that need to be fixed that have been slow in resolving.

Joe

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

WebPT review

- great way to stay organized w/ schedule, notes, and billing.

Pros

- compatability w/ billing is great for keeping everything synced.

Cons

- no app for phone. this would be helpful for viewing schedules remotely

Molly

Reviewed on 24/02/2024

Warning about WebPT!

Pros

The scheduling feature and automatic reminder texts/emails.

Cons

The connection between their partner software (Theraplatform) often omit superbills, so unless you're comparing them both daily, you won't end up submitting all of your claims. This results in missing revenue. When you try to switch clearinghouse companies, they turn off your connection to the original clearinghouse prematurely and piecemeal tasks you need to do before they will start a new connection. This results in very delayed revenue. They are very slow to respond while you sit around and wait for a connection to be made.

Jefferson
Jefferson

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

An EMR riddled with bugs and the worst customer service experience ever

On a scale of 0-10, I would give it a 1/10.

Pros

Its user interface was fairly easy to use.

Cons

The customer service experience was the area of greatest frustration. They have an on-line chat option that is really only useful for answering frequently asked technical questions. Where there is a major problem with a customers account, they have no authority or power to help correct the situation. When you call and get one of their "member services" rep, it's the same experience. My issue had to do with my transition from WebPT to Prompt. I had been a long time WebPT customer. As I grew and needed functionality out of WebPT that they did not offer, I began looking around for other EMR companies. After settling on Prompt I immediately informed my client success manager that my plan for transitioning from WebPT to Prompt. I informed him that I would remove all but 1 therapist license from WebPT and Therabill so I could continue to work my accounts receivable. This notification came 6 weeks prior to when I needed the change to take place. On [sensitive content hidden] I was over charged by $7,000. I called immediately and requested a refund. I was told I could not speak with anyone from accounting at that time and that a member services rep would reach out to me. I continued to call and email over the next 4 weeks and didn't get my refund. Finally, after reaching out to [sensitive content hidden] on LinkedIn I was connected with someone that helped me get my refund. Now on a separate issue I am experiencing the same run a round.

Beyond their horrible customer services, they have some serious flaws in their software. Their reporting and KPI features are seriously flawed and give in accurate information. Their POC report is seriously flawed. Therabill's billing reports are lacking sophistication and basic functions of a billing software. I used their "Reach" software for years for their google review generator and had minimal success. In 1 month with Prompt I have gotten more review on google than I did in years with WebPT.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH WEBPT.

Kara
Kara

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

WebPT was the perfect office tool

Overall, WebPT was the perfect software for our outpatient office.

Pros

WebPT worked perfectly for our outpatient office; it gave us an easy method of scheduling and maintains patient charts.

Cons

There were truly no cons with this software; a few times the system was down but other than that it came back rather quickly.

Ryan W
Ryan W

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

I couldn't be more pleased with my overall experience with WebPT

I am able to do all of the things I would normally have to hire an entire staff for. I am extremely happy.

Pros

How easy it is to learn. I am more of a clinical practitioner and I have gotten quite comfortable in a short amount of time with the software.

Cons

Sterility of the graphics if I had to pick something at all. I really have no complaints. The graphics are the only thing I can think of.

Clifford

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

WebPT Review

My experience has been good overall with a few things to complain about, but overall it's a good experience.

Pros

I like the ease of use of WebPT. I like the non-contract nature (month to month basis). I like how professional the documentation looks.

Cons

I don't like the adding physician feature and adding insurance feature. It's not as fluid as I would like. I also don't like that at times discharged cases show up upon logging in under a client's name if they have multiple cases on file. I called WebPT to try to address this so that only the current case pulls up first so that we don't have to toggle back to current from a discharged case, but that was to no avail as no one was able to get me an answer. I don't like that patient's cannot book their own appointment's through a public portal.

HENO

Reasons for Switching to WebPT

I started with WebPT and almost switched to another software; however, WebPT had a simpler way to use their services without long term costly commitment. We are a very small, but growing practice so I needed that continued "small" status relationship where I can discontinue as I please without contracts -- much needed since busy is not guaranteed especially at our small size (5 current clients only).
Danita

Reviewed on 27/03/2021

WebPT destroyed a portion of my patient's medical documents

WebPT is the first EMR that I have used for my office. First of all it is not cheap and it makes me frustrated that I am not getting what I am paying for. My account is never credited if there are server issues and/or other problems that occur and are not resolved. They just give you empty promises the problems will be fixed and hope that you will eventually forget about them.

Pros

WebPT allows me to get my daily notes done in a more timely fashion and it works well with my billing company so billing is done on a daily basis.

Cons

WebPT has problems and when you call to make them aware of the problems if it is of a simple nature it will be taken care of but if it is of a difficult nature it will not be taken care of. I have reported problems to them a couple of years ago and they continue to occur and they have never been fixed. More recently they are having problems with documenting cancellations and no shows which they were not even aware of. I made them aware of the problem and they claim it will be referred to their Tier Two team and it has been a month or longer and the issue has not been resolved and eventually it is just ignored. So I lost a portion of my patient's chart and it cannot be reviewed and/or recovered. Their faxing capabilities only work with a small amount of information but patient's charts depending on how long the patient is seen can be a large amount of information and I have to figure out another way to get the requested documentation another way such as burning it to a disc. Initial evaluations take hours to put in and that is not efficient! There are times I sit on the phone waiting for them to respond to my call and I have been on the phone for 30 minutes or longer! I have more complaints but I do not have the space or the time to sit here and type all of those issues up for you to read.

Jan

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Webpt for ParkerPT

We have loved the product that is why we considered expanding services with billing. The ease of access and management of the data is great.

Pros

The best feature initial was the ability to house all medical record information in one spot. No more paper was another great benefit. This freed up so much office space helps in keeping information confidential. We don't have to worry about archival or record disposal any more. We also loves how this product was created specifically for Physical Therapy. It made setup and use so easy.

Cons

I wish billing was available when we began using and now when we looked into the process was so cumbersome and difficult to find the time to implement. We have given up. The information requested was about providing insurance company information, why can't you pull this from WebPT?? Maybe have on-boarding meeting where you collect the information to setup billing. Seemed like we were required to do all the work to setup and who has time like that when running a business. There has to be an easier way.

Bhairvi

Reviewed on 03/04/2018

An Average product

Pros

WebPT allows to keep all the documents together with facility of eDocs where scripts and all other documents can be scanned in to make a folder. It also allows to fax documents without need to download.

Cons

Customer Service: very poor, mainly requires you to email them and then wait for their mercy for them to get in touch with you. It can take a week to 2 to resolve issues as you cannot speak to a person directly. Sometimes you do get lucky if someone actually answers the phone.
Scheduling: The service is average, it does not count the number of sessions you have used for the patient. So you cannot just function just using scheduling, you will have to go back to documents to see how many sessions patient was authorized and how many they have used.
System failure: Usually their downtimes/maintainence are off work hours but in the last 2 years of using WebPT when system has been down during regular working hours, they have failed to notify you in advance and all of a sudden you are working on notes and scheduling the system just goes off. Also there is no backup or does not even let you access schedule to call patients, leaving you practically useless and crippled.

Diana

ReissPT LOVES WebPT

I love WebPT. From [sensitive content hidden] to all the customer service representatives and technicians Thank you ! You make good and useful updates because you listen to your users.

Pros

I love that all my needs as a private practice owner and as a physical therapist are meet under one roof that is WebPT

Cons

I would like to track and schedule non insurance. Services Such as wellness or other cash services. Maybe I just don’t know how but I want to set up reminders for those people etc I have to made a chart for the internal payments collection and billing and often I want a one time only option. Call me to discuss

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Poor Customer Service, Very overpriced compared to other options

Poor to Fair. Even when we were customers the service side was not very good.

Pros

It is designed for physical therapy, so that is helpful. THE software is good, the customer service is not.

Cons

When we transitioned from WebPT to a different provider, they were very unhelpful in the transition, to the point of with holding our export of records, not returning phone calls or emails and being very dismissive and almost ellusive about what we needed to do to make a smooth transition to a new company. No one likes customers to leave, I realize, however I would have expected a more professional approach.

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

Using WebPT in a private practice.

Once I got used to the system documenting was a breeze. I will be honest it takes time getting used to each EMR but WebPT was pretty quick. I had in down in a couple weeks. The first few weeks though were frustrating and I was not sure why we were using this new EMR, but after I became proficient I was glad we got it.

Pros

I love that the software can combine scheduling, billing, and documentation. This saved us a lot time. I really enjoy that you can load specific plans in the objective form. For example a form for a RTC tear will be very different from a TKA. So being able to make customized plans for specific diagnosis saves time and saving time documenting means you get to spend more time with each patient.
Once a note is done you can easily access it for each patient that is simple and easy to read in the classic SOAP note format. I love that I can access their database from any computer with a secure login.

Cons

The software can be repetitive with some of the boxes that you need to check. I will be honest I get too many emails from them but I don't want to unsubscribe because about 2/5 are very important ones with updated information for the software.

Maureen

Reviewed on 26/05/2023

Backoncourse

Positive experience

Pros

On boarding was good, customer support was very good, quality of product is excellent

Cons

At times the information does not flow over from Webpt to therabill

Tebra

Reasons for Switching to WebPT

More user-friendly
Shirley

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Recommend!

Pros

This software is easy to use, easy to explain, and integrates well with our separate billing software. It automatically calculates the cap with associated MPPR rates which helps us keep track of the patient Medicare cap. The records are nicely formatted and you can tweek your settings to make documentation more efficient.

Cons

My biggest complaint about this product is having Medicare as a MSP. When Medicare is used secondary, it calculates the cap as if it were primary and does not allow therapists to enter the functional reporting G-Codes to their evaluations, recerts, etc. and this is an issue for our practice. We have reached out to WebPT and they could not suggest anything that would help, rather than something that would make it more confusing and our documentation less compliant. Hoping this becomes a feature in the near future as they are continually improving their software.

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Poor customer service and questionable integrity!

I scheduled a free demonstration for 9:00 am today and was told that I would receive a call from the presenter. Received a confirmation email this morning just prior to 9:00 but no phone call. At 9:30 I more closely read the confirmation email which had instructions for me to call in and enter a meeting access code. I called customer service informing them of my confusion and to request another appointment. I was told that the presenter tried to call me but there was not answer. I explained that the confirmation email instructed me to call into the meeting and so I asked whether or not I need to call in or will I receive a call. The customer service person insisted that I will not need to call in but that the presenter will call me. So I agreed to a rescheduled presentation for tomorrow. Soon after I received a new email confirming my rescheduled appointment and once again given instructions to call in and provide an access code. I again called and spoke to the same woman and read her the new email I had just received but again she insisted that I would be called. By then I received an email response from the presenter who I messaged regarding the missed appointment and he wrote that he sent me the confirmation email at 9:00 but did not call until 10 minutes later (which I did not receive). By that time I told the woman to just cancel the appointment and that I would go with another EMR company. Very disappointing lack of customer service and questionable honesty. Not the kind of people I want to do business with.

Response from WebPT

Hi Dan,
I'm sorry that we've had such trouble connecting! I spoke with both the sales rep who scheduled your demo as well as the customer service rep you mentioned. It sounds like there may have been a miscommunication on how the demo process works. We would love the chance to make this up to you, if you are still interested. Feel free to email me at [email protected], and I will personally work to set this demo up for you. Again, my apologies. We truly strive to give our customers (and prospective users!) the best customer service. I hope to hear from you soon.
Best,
Emily

Replied 05/01/2017
Jeff

Reviewed on 26/06/2013

As a physical therapist practicing for over 28 years, I have managed various PT facilites, treated in many settings, and have used many different documentation systems. I decided to open my own private practice last year and one of the best decisions I made was to use WebPT as my EMR! I researched and studied many systems and WebPT was at the head of the pack in so many ways. From compliance, to ease of use, to customer service - WebPT is outstanding! WebPT "thinks" like a therapist because it is written, updated, and supported by therapists. I have told many of my colleagues "WebPT is so intuitive." I currently have a PT student in my facility and she states WebPT is so much better than the competition. WebPT is set up to prevent the therapist from making costly compliance mistakes by preventing you from finalizing a document if it does not comply with Medicare requirements. I am truly thankful for this feature!!!!

I could go on and on praising WebPT for a long time, but let me just point out a few other reasons why I think WebPT is stellar. CPT coding, PQRS, Functional Reporting are all a snap. IE, Progress Reports and DC integration of information is excellent. The faxing feature is fast and reliable. The ability to use standardized testing options is easy and comprehensive. The tests are easily correlated to functional Reporting and the G-codes. The Smart Text feature is wonderful. The technical and "Success" teams are responsive and very helpful. They are kind and take time to explain any question you have.

I have and will continue to recommend WebPT to others. I have absolutely zero regrets in choosing WebPT. If you are a serious therapist who desires the ability to use excellent ready to use evaluation templates or want to create your own evaluation templates; if you are serious about compliance and about capturing all the revenue you have earned in treating your patients; if you want to be proud of your EMR system and of the company that operates, updates, and maintains the system - then choose WebPT as your EMR provider. You will not regret your decision!!

Catherine

PT documentation

Overall, I am pleased with the product- more so the support that the team provides with current compliance in the documentation software an the support of the Executive team in training of rehab issues. Lately the phone support, chat support and email support have been slow- but like many other companies, staff is likely the main issue.

Pros

The calendar and scheduling options are easy to use.

Cons

The daily write ups are ok, I wish we could customize the options and simplify the write ups a bit more.

Jason

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Webpt experience

every year it gets better , customer service is outstanding

Pros

soap notes template saved and easy to access , staff is training is fast because its easy to follow and understand

Cons

even though they update the tracking on what your staff does ei the making and deleting of an appointment just to look at what you just did in a simple form is what we wanted , its still very hard to understand what the person did on the report

Emily

Reviewed on 04/03/2017

I couldn't be more impressed!

I have been using WebPT for just shy of 1 year now and I honeslty couldn't be more impressed with this platform! Not only does it provide you with a fantastic web based documentation system but the Marketplace will also provide you with a way to purchase awesome rehab equipment and supplies at a great discount compared to other avenues of purchasing! I've had great experiences with the company as far as customer service goes too! There is always a very prompt response to any of my questions or concerns and I feel like there is always someone at the corporate office for WebPT that has my back! A truly great platform for any physical therapy clinic!

Pros

Fantastic web based platform for documentation--easy access from anywhere! Easy to navigate and customize to make your documentation faster while still keeping it compliant.

Cons

The only thing I wish could be a bit better is the flow sheets that are used for tracking exercises and minutes spent on each activity. They are a bit more time consuming overall compared to the actual SOAP note itself but at least give you a great platform for being descriptive and compliant.

Erin

Supervisor

Pros

Easy to schedule patients, documentation on the Therapist end has been very easy to learn and use.

Cons

Waitlist works only about half of the time, bolder lines in-between the days on the schedule, a based on medically necessary option under visit/insurance information, dog ear on patients appts where we could track notes ie, request female, dry needling, only schedule one appt at a time.