Brevo Reviews

About Brevo

Brevo is a cloud-based email marketing tool suited for organizations of all sizes. It offers marketing automation, email campaigns, transactional emails and SMS messages functionalities within a suite. Brevo allows users to...

Browse Brevo Reviews

1,976 of 1,977 reviews
Nikita
Nikita
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 06/11/2023

Great Email Marketing Tool

Brevo has been a great partner overall. It is hard to complain even about server outages or technical issues.
Only limitations for already available features are concerning and the way Brevo pushes its CRM.

Pros

The way emails look, the full control over transactional and marketing email system links. Full localization possibility. Great support and documentation.

Cons

Services outages became frequent and emails cannot be tested or sent during that time.
Brevo is pushing its CRM and close features that were available for free before. For people who are never going to swtich to their CRM such moves are clearly wrong.
For example, the conversations feature is much more limited as of now and to reply to Whatsapp conversations, subscribers need to pay.

Mailchimp and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

The main reason was localisation possibility. Also, our emails were not crisp before, the reporting was worse than in Brevo, Brevo has better deliverability as it seems.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

They were not as good in terms of GDPR, localisation.
Syazwani
Syazwani

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Email marketing is better with Sendinblue

We had a good experience working with this software, our newsletter and email marketing campaign are fully automated and can be scheduled for the next 2 months forward. We are very happy that we can have a full control on the leads and verification on the leads.

Pros

Sendinblue is the best tools that i have use for our email marketing campaign automation. All the emails sent is instantly executed and receive by the recipient in no time. All the report analytics for the opening-click-rate and email reading time can be generated a day after the emails sent. They also offer a good software integration like Mailchimp and Woocommerce.

Cons

There are some aspect that Sendinblue should improve, especially on the customer support service which too slow in responding our ticket and support email. Other than that, the landing page template design is somehow not fully customizable and some of the widget is not easily editable.

SAMUEL
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Perfect for bulk or transactional emails

Pros

I really like the tool because it's easy to use.

The email builder is very well made. It's easy to personalize and create a solid send. The same goes for transactional emails, the inbox rates are good.

Cons

No real issues, the tool does the job well for emails or SMS. It's missing some features like RSS Driven, but those are very specific needs.

Top Brevo Alternatives

Debra
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Brevo wasn't easy to implement.

It was frustrating trying to figure out how to break my subscriber group into too many groups and frustrating that one email would take 5-6 days to be sent to my entire subscriber group. I spent a lot of time doing this and my time is important.

Pros

Allowed email campaigns, and allowed subscribers for no cost.

Cons

I had to break my subscribers into too many groups as Brevo would only allow so many emails sent per day. Since I was sending time-limited coupons, this did not work for me so I changed to another provider.

MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

I did not select Brevo but I did select Mailerlite which is much easier to use and works perfectly for my small business.
Allan
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Brevo is my new favorite app

so far, I'm with a big smile and hopefully I'll keep it for a long time.

Pros

I can set up the way I want, have more users on free tools and also in paid tools, this is very important as sometimes we have users that are not using any of the paid tools. So we can pay exactly the amount we need.

Cons

support is a bit slowly, if you want to solve any issues in 5 seconds, you won't be able to do and will be disappointed

Builderall and RD Station

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

cause it was 3 different products and it was very hard to connect each of them.

Calendly and JivoChat

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

the most important feature is because its a solution all in one. The idea is perfect.
Filipa

Reviewed on 23/04/2024

Great email marketing platform

Really easy, intuitive, beautiful designs

Pros

The fact that I can have as many subscribers as I need, in the free version!

Cons

So far I don't have a formed opinion on this. Still discovering some features

LAURA
  • Industry: Cosmetics
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Good alternative to Mailchimp

The majority of my experience has been positive. I have seen minimal unsubscribe rates.

Pros

Easy to send mass emails, contact management, overall a pleasant operation

Cons

Adding contacts can be a pain if the excel sheet isn't filled out perfectly

Emin

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

A genuine review as a digital marketing specialist

Pros

Adding contacts and creating email campaigns is easy. Does not ask more money for every other feature. You can reliably access features without having to pay a ton of money.

If it is your first experience with email marketing, Brevo is an exceptional tool and will not disappoint.

Cons

2 things. Seeing the design of your previous emails is a little hard. You have to click a lot of places just to see the content you have sent previously.

The space management in the email builder can sometimes be a headache. You can define the distance between columns from nearly 4 sections.

These are generally passable problems and you can live with it easily.

Mohd

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Best Email Marketing Platfrom

Pros

The scalability of this tool to send as many emails as we want with the increase of contacts

Cons

the pricing goes hhigh when contacts are increasing

Tina
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

Comprehensive + Impressive features + Expensive

Pros

I really liked the presentation from the start and how easy it is to try most of the features. Email deliverability okay, importing my existing contacts was ok, too. The daily limit for the free version is reasonable.

Cons

Like most email marketing software that offer a free version, the paid plans will shock you with their prices. Brevo makes no exception.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 05/08/2020

Worst company to deal with - Stay away!

Sendinblue is probably the worst company I have ever dealt with. Not only their support is close to inexistent for users with premium account, but they treat you like a criminal. I've been using them for almost a year, when suddenly they deactivated the account, saying there was a complaint. That's it: someone makes a complaint, you have no chance to defend yourself, and they DEACTIVATE the account???
What happens with all the customer information I had stored there? What happens with the SMS credits I purchased? What happened with the monthly subscription?
Went on their Facebook page and guess what, I found at least 2 other customers having the EXACT same issue. Which FB page is also a joke, there's no engagement with THEIR customers.
Now I understand why they are such a cheap alternative.... because their service is the same: cheap

Pros

There are no pro's, you have to figure it our yourself, and even the information posted on their website contradicts with real life usage

Cons

No customer support, even if you have the Premium account, they have no respect for that. Their Social Media is also irrelevant, even their CEO's Linkedin account is irrelevant. His contact info on the Linkedin page is incorrect. My advice? Stay AWAY!

MailerLite

Fooled by their pricing

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Because I looked at saving 2 extra dollars, why wasting hundreds with Sendinblue
Kevin
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Amazing Value, Great Deliverability, Powerful Featureset, Some Learning Curve and Rough Edges

Pros

I love the value of this product. I can send more emails to way more contacts for less money.

The automation features are powerful and flexible, including jumping from one automation to another or repeating part of a workflow based on action or inaction. I love it.

Deliverability is the best I've seen and they make it easy to track issues with particular domains. Thank you!

Analytics and reports are solid.

Cons

The onboarding was a mess with errors in their documentation: it took us three months or so, so plan for that. Their support was AWFUL then but has improved dramatically in the year since so I would not be surprised if onboarding has improved.

Their SMS feature is not that useful: I can automate sending SMSs but if anyone replies, I can receive it but cannot reply to them individually. The SMSs come from a random number that is not consistent so recipients cannot effectively add you to their contacts or send a text to that number. Probably better to use a separate SMS service.

Their advanced email personalization is difficult to set up. Basic stuff like first name is easy but populating event-based info like order details is hard.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

We switched from HubSpot to save money, improve deliverability, and to include transactional emails.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Great value with lots of powerful features.
Ugochukwu L Fred
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Brevo: Is it worth the Investment or No

Well in summary, Brevo, formerly known as Sendinblue, presents a compelling solution for businesses that are in dire need of versatile marketing automation and an email marketing platform. I'm also one of the owners of a business in need of this service.

With its user-friendly interface, robust automation capabilities, and competitive pricing, Brevo seamlessly caters to a broad spectrum of users. Despite the minor drawbacks that I mentioned earlier, Brevo's strengths make it a strong contender in the market, especially for organizations looking for an affordable and feature-rich marketing solution.

If you ask me, Brevo is a well-rounded platform that maintains a balance between functionality and accessibility. This makes it a solid choice for businesses aiming to elevate their digital marketing efforts.

Pros

User-Friendly Interface:
First of all, I love the simplicity of the design of the new user-friendly and intuitive Brevo interface; particularly the light-green feel of the Homepage and dashboard.

Another striking thing there is their deliberate use of abundant white spaces; this does not only make the platform appear super-classy but it also makes it very easy for both beginners and experienced marketers alike to easily understand the system and make proper use of it. The drag-and-drop editor simplifies the process of creating engaging email campaigns without requiring extensive technical skills.

Email Deliverability:
One of Brevo's standout features is its robust email deliverability- anyone who uses the platform can attest to this. I've been using Brevo for over 3 years now (from when it was still known as Sendinblue). The platform employs advanced algorithms to optimize email delivery, minimizing the chances of messages ending up in spam folders (provided you use a custom email eg info@yourwebsitedotcom, and also verify you domain). This is crucial for ensuring that your messages reach the intended audience.

Automation Capabilities:
Brevo excels in automation, when it comes to automation, I give it to them. The system allows you to set up workflows for various scenarios. From welcome sequences to abandoned cart reminders, the automation features enable businesses to streamline their marketing processes and engage with customers at the right time. What's more interesting is the fact that even if you don't know how to use Brevo and need a little help, you can access training videos on Brevo's YouTube channel to help you get started.

Affordability:
The platform's pricing structure is competitive, especially for small to medium-sized businesses. Brevo also offers a free plan with basic features and affordable paid plans that scale with the user's needs even though that amount (Starter $25, Business $65, and BrevoPlus placed at custom price) is still a bit on the high side for some of us in Africa due to exchange, inflation and a whole lot of other pressing factors.

This makes it an attractive option for budget-conscious organizations (especially those in the big 5).

Comprehensive Marketing Suite:
Brevo is not limited to just email marketing; it's a comprehensive marketing suite with an array of marketing tools. Users can leverage features such as:

- SMS marketing
- Chat
- & CRM integration, creating a unified platform for managing various aspects of their marketing strategy.

Analytics and Reporting:
The platform also provides detailed analytics and reporting tools, offering insights into the performance of email campaigns. Users can track key metrics in real-time, such as open rates, click-through rates, and conversion rates, enabling data-driven decision-making.

Cons

Learning Curve for Advanced Features:
It is true that Brevo is user-friendly, however, mastering its more advanced features may take some time (this is the reason I'll advise avy new user to get some help from their YouTube channel. Users looking to harness the full potential of the platform may need to invest additional effort in learning and experimentation.

Limited Design Flexibility:
Although the drag-and-drop editor is very convenient, some super-creative users might find the design flexibility limiting. Customizing templates beyond the provided options may require HTML/CSS knowledge, which could be a drawback for those without coding expertise.

Contact Management Complexity:
Managing contacts and segmentation could be more streamlined. Some users may find the contact management interface less intuitive compared to other platforms, especially when dealing with larger contact lists.

Template Selection:
While Brevo offers a variety of templates, the selection might not be as extensive as some other competitors. Users who are keen on getting some highly specialized or niche templates may find themselves needing to create custom designs; this is exactly what I do any time I want to create a campaign.

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Brevo uses hidden policies to decide who gets to be a customer

Brevo was easy to sign up, pay, and set up the SMTP links, but then a huge frustration to communicate except through a support agent that always had to send the information to another team. I understand the need to ensure email quality - but refusing to work with a client in any way is a horrible practice. It shows me that even if we had been a client for months, years, or since their inception (without any reason shared with us) that we could just be cut off and shunned.

Pros

Brevo appeared to have all the features we wanted

Cons

Brevo blocked us within hours of using the service without much of any notice sent to our administrator. They reviewed our email content with scrutiny and sent us screen shots asking what the intent of a specific email - which clearly based on its headers were sent to us and forwarded to a gmail account for a particular user. We also host an addiction recovery client whose emails may contain private and sometimes descriptive information about an addiction - we were also asked about those emails.

Mailjet

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

We were looking for phone support for a lower cost.

SendGrid

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

We selected Brevo for cost alone - but MailJet has proven to be a much better product than Brevo.
Kaitlyn
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

Free but limited

Sendinblue is free and effective. The ironic thing is that we grew so much from using sendinblue that we needed a bigger and better platform.

Pros

It's free until you go over a certain amount of emails per month and your contact storage is unlimited, no restrictions!
Custom templates, automation/auto responders, custom CTAs, and click tracking are all pros. APIs for integration with your website.
The reporting is pretty well detailed.
Customer support is very responsive and polite. I was able to set up sendinblue very quickly and I had no problems using it.

Cons

Sendinblues free version is limited and when you go over the email limit you need to buy a subscription to keep using the service. The customizable templates are there but they're limited.. Sendinblue could be slow and glitchy at times, most often when sending emails with attachments.

SendGrid and Mailjet

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

My free trial expired and I wasn't comfortable enough with the platform to pay for it. Sendinblue had an actual free version meaning I could learn to use it before moving up to a subscription.

GetResponse
Andrey
Andrey

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Reliability of emailing service and deliverability

Pros

We have been using this tool for several cases: transaction emails (notifications and conformations ) for our software service, email marketing campaigns, Analytics&Logs. These tools are very useful for us, as we need to provide various important notifications + instant alerts. Thus, reliability with deliverability is an important metric for us. The system shows about 94% delivered emails, which is a good number. Support is also very good.

Cons

We often experience issues with the reliability of service. The system got down or degraded each month, sometimes twice per month. So, our notifications were delayed for a couple of hours, and our customers didn’t receive instant emails with notifications. This is not so much important for email marketing campaigns, but for the transactions, this is the #1 priority, especially if you provide your service around the world. Hope, Sendinblue will improve its infrastructure and reliability.

Diego

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Incredible tool

It helps very much in my automations using JS scripts on my site or scripts (via API) in my computer.
Very good to send newsletters too, with a high send limit.
And I use to all my transactional e-mail of my Wordpress website using the plugin. Much better than PHP mail.

Pros

Great free tier
Marketing Automation tool with many types of workflows
Great limit to send e-mail marketing and transactional emails
Nice plugins for Wordpress
Easy to make e-mail templates and preview then with many options
Connection with other tools using API
Simple API with many functions
JS to automation easy to setup
Great support (even in portuguese)

Cons

Sometimes the platform is a little slow, but I think it's temporary because the suddenly increase of users.l

ActiveCampaign and SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Better free tier, better functionalities, more freedom to implement.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Better free tier and features
Martin
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

A short discussion about Sendinblue

I use Sendinblue to send out transactional emails for the platforms I develop on. I stay away from the marketing feature.

Pros

In terms of getting started to get a mailing server, for free, I don't think you'll find better. Sendinblue is an effective option to automate your email setup, and it's hassle free. If you've worked with API before, this will be no problem at all. Even if you haven't they take care of you with starter templates.

Cons

The website is incredibly slow. You will sit there just waiting for the page to load, even if it's simple data. Additionally, sendinblue does a horrible job documenting and announcing their own vetting process. I once purchased SIB Credit and had no feedback as to why it wasn't credited to my account. All of the top support docs just told me to look into my account or buy credit. It turns out, you have to contact support to get your account activated. Additionally, there are a few API contact adding handlers that could work a little bit better, and handle errors better.

Alexandra

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Affordable + effective email marketing

We use Sendinblue to send promotional and education emails to our patient base. I am typically sending emails to specifically targetted lists. I have also dabbled in the Automation feature, and this has helped me to reduce my workload significantly.

Pros

Sendinblue is easy to use and is absolutely worth the value. It is easy to create beautiful campaigns, import contacts, and track results. I haven't explored many of the additional features, but for running basic email marketing campaigns, I cannot recommend Sendinblue enough.

Cons

I do wish there was better organization when it comes to the media library in particular. You cannot create folders for media, so it can easily become chaotic to try and locate media files.

ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Campaigner's email builder was extremely glitchy and hard to work with, and their customer service was absolutely abhorrent.

Campaigner

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Sendinblue was BY FAR the best value. I felt trapped using Campaigner because all of the other options were way too expensive, and then I found Sendinblue. The price is absolutely unbeatable, and even their largest plan is cheaper than the competitors starter plans.
Andy
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

Great email product, best free option available

It is fast and friendly overall, not quite as intuitive as some other email marketing products on the market, but not far off the best, with certainly the best subscription model for the functionality, and great delivery rates.

Pros

I love the fact that you have unlimited contacts and up to 300 emails a day that you can send during the free trial to get a proper feel for the software and whether the results will justify the cost of buying it.

Cons

This is a minor gripe, but I felt the design interface has a few things lacking, or perhaps just hard to find, and in that respect, Mailchimp beats Sendinblue by a nose, but I know Sendinblue is constantly developing and there is nothing serious holding me back from using it to send email campaigns

Microsoft Outlook and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Mailchimp free trial had too many restrictions, so I couldn't use it properly or see results before having to purchase.

Reasons for Switching to Brevo

Better design interface that Outlook, better subscription model and free trial than Mailchimp.
Clément
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

A great service at a justified price.

Pros

Sendinblue is honestly the solution I've been looking for since the beginning when it comes to emailing and marketing automation.

It gives you the ability to organize your contacts in a very granular way through their list and tag management.

With their marketing automation system, you can send very specific emails to these users and add even more tags based on their actions (opened or read, for example), but I’m not done!

You can even "hijack" their marketing automation system to not send emails at all, but instead automatically add tags to your users after a certain action (or inaction) on their part on your website, which could then add them to another marketing automation system...

You get the idea, the possibilities are almost endless and if you are looking for the best system to track your contacts and talk to them in a very unique way, don’t look any further.

Another very important point is that Sendinblue charges you on the number of emails you send per month, not the number of contacts you have (yes, I'm looking at you Mailchimp). This billing system makes more sense and the ROI is much easier to calculate.

Finally, Sendinblue is growing more by the day, and propose now a CRM and a chatbot that I found very effective to convert my traffic on my landing pages.

Cons

Honestly, there's not much I don't like about their service. The chatbot is expected to become a paid option in the future, and that's a bummer. Their integrations with other services are also not as developed as it can be with other market leaders.

Check on your end to see if Sendinblue is compatible with your other critical services, they still have plenty of integrations.

Alaa

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

A low-cost, comprehensive system for organizing your email marketing operations.

Sendinblue has given us the tools we need to manage and arrange our email marketing campaigns. We've reduced a lot of procedures and improved the effectiveness of our advertising efforts thanks to Sendinblue. We may repeat them again and over again within a particular time frame, all at a minimal cost.

Pros

Sendinblue is a low-cost tool for effective email marketing and campaign management. I enjoy how simple it is to create and organize contact lists, as well as divide them into sub-groups, which makes mailing fliers to them much easier. Sendinblue's ability to increase our contact lists without charging any more fees is something I like. I appreciate Sendinblue's ready-to-use concepts and templates, which make it simple to construct our campaign and add images and links. I enjoy the testing option since it allows us to analyze the ad campaign before sending it and make changes as needed. Add to that the option to upload materials such as presentations and PDFs as attachments. I particularly value the reports that Sendinblue provides, which allow us to see how many individuals have responded to our communications.

Cons

I found nothing to dislike about Sendinblue because it is really basic and straightforward to use. But I think it needs to be improved even more so that we can get more reports and analyses, which would help us improve the way we do email marketing.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 15/01/2022

Easy and powerful email solution for marketing and transactional emails

I've used and tried other email solutions and always thought that this one (maybe for having so many google ads and promises) it was not very good. But when I finally started to use it, I was very satisfied and regretted not having used it from the beginning.

Pros

It has a beautiful and intuitive control panel, it is very easy to start to use, the customer support is great (even for free accounts), you have powerful tracking features on the go and if you're a small business probably you won't pay for using it.

Cons

I've been using it for almost one year and I like everything. If there's something that could be improved I would say to have a better direct integration with wordpress.

PostGrid Print & Mail and SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Brevo

Mailgun seemed complex for a noob.

Mailgun

Free tier more generous.
Danny
Danny

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Didn't work out for my team

We had better results elsewhere, but every organization has different needs.

Pros

The email builder and interface were both easy to use

Cons

We had poor results with email deliverability and weren't blown away with the list management tools.

Constant Contact and GetResponse

SendGrid

Response from Sendinblue

Hey Danny, My name is Nadja and I'm Sendinblue's Reputation Specialist. I'm very sorry to hear that Sendinblue didn't cater to your needs. Please do let me know if there's anything I can do on my side to help you familiarize yourself with the platform and improve your deliverability! You can contact us via our contact form or by opening a ticket through your Sendinblue account.

I do want to thank you for your feedback and can assure you that we're working on our product and service continuously.

Kind regards,
Nadja from Sendinblue

Replied 21/07/2022
Caner

Reviewed on 04/05/2023

One of the best email marketing platforms out there

I've been a loyal user of the platform for the past six years for my company's email needs. I primarily use Sendinblue for transactional emails, but I occasionally utilize it for email marketing campaigns as well.One of the things I appreciate the most about Sendinblue is how reliable it is for transactional emails. I never have to worry about whether my important emails will be delivered or not - I know they will be sent promptly and reliably every time. This has given me peace of mind and helped me focus on other areas of my business.The email design features of Sendinblue are also incredibly user-friendly. I can easily create beautiful, professional-looking emails that are tailored to my brand, and they look great on any device, whether it's a desktop computer or a mobile device. This has helped me increase engagement with my customers and prospects, resulting in more business for my company.Whenever I have a question or need assistance with the platform, I can always count on the support team at Sendinblue to be responsive and helpful. They've been instrumental in helping me make the most of the platform and maximizing my email marketing efforts.

Pros

Reliability of their transactional emails system

Cons

Their Wordpress plugin needs some more features and polish.