Quickbooks Online Reviews

About Quickbooks Online

QuickBooks Online is a small business accounting software and app that allows you to manage your business anywhere, anytime. Used by over 7 million customers globally, QuickBooks provides smart tools for your business, yet is...

4.1

Kurt
Kurt

Reviewed on 14/03/2021

I Love the Access I have with Quickbooks Online

As I already said, I love the direct access to my numbers and the added reporting that has allowed me to better run my company by quickly getting insights I need. It's a lot easier for customers to pay online and I'm finding more and more of the moving that direction vs. sending in checks, so it's good that we are set up in this way now.

Pros

I started using desktop Quickbooks back in 2000 right after I first started the company. As a single-person company at first, I got used to being in the books almost every day. As we grew we added an in-house Bookkeeper. A few years ago I relocated the company to a different area and we kept our Bookkeeper who stayed in the original area. I really missed having direct access to the numbers so last year I switch to Quickbooks Online and I love it. In addition to having direct access to the numbers I need, it has a lot of other functionality and reporting that I really like. It's also great for clients to easily pay the invoices online. It's making a night and day difference. Support has been great as well.

Cons

It's definitely very expensive to be paying a pretty high fee every month - especially compared to the desktop version where we bought it and were good for years to come. It's definitely worth it but I'd be more of an evangelist if the pricing was a little easier on the pocket book.

Shayla
Shayla
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 17/03/2023

Fantastic cloud-based accounting solution for any size company

If you want a single spot to manage your finances, I can think of no better option than QuickBooks Online. There's no need to download or install any software, and they've been a frontrunner in the accounting software market for many years.

Pros

One of my clients right now utilizes QuickBooks Online to keep track of their finances and sellable goods. My own personal involvement with this system spans several years, and I am responsible for managing it from an administrative and deployment perspective.

Cons

I'm hoping they'll upgrade their website to accept Schedule K forms soon. New users may find it difficult to get their bearings, depending on their familiarity with accounting software.

Mumta
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 16/02/2024

New QB invoice update

It’s been mixed feelings, the QB is better efficient on the accounting side most of the times but not for the day to day user.

Pros

That banking is attached and there is AI technology

Cons

The worst is the recent invoice update since I am not able to view product and service section and it gets cut off while description section is long which most of the times I do not need. Also, an autamated system to create invoices will make doin business much quicker

Top Quickbooks Online Alternatives

kaitlyn
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

Customer Service is TERRIBLE!

It has been absolutely terrible using QB. I would never recommend any small business to use Quickbooks ever.

Pros

Mainly the only reason I use QB is because it's affordable and it's the main platform my bookkeepers work off of.

Cons

I've used Quickbooks for a few years now and it's a constant let down of disappointment. As long as everything is running smooth, it's okay. But the second there's any issue, plan on at least a month of trying to get it resolved. It's blows my mind and I don't know how much longer I can keep using Quickbooks. One senario that was insane and I could've sued QB for was: I had a new wholesale retailer use a fraudulent card. I did my due diligence and the order went as usual, per my other wholesale retailers. The package got shipped and about two months later, QB reached out and says the payment is fraudulent and they're reversing $8k out of my account. I run a small business so this wasn't possible for me. At one point of one of 50 calls I made, one of the QB employees suggested I close my account, close my bank account and try to escape from paying this. I knew it would just go to collections though. They ended up taking every last cent back from me with a payment plan. The second senario I recently delt with was changing my bank account number on QB. I had a fraudulent login to my bank and had to switch my account number. I also had payroll I had to push through in two days when this happend and I pushed it through immediately hoping it would work even with my bank on hold. Right after I updated QB with the new bank account number, it took 5 days to verify it. QB kept displaying a message that my account is placed on a hold. I called QB and they said I owed them money for payroll since it never went through my bank account but QB paid my employees. I ended up doing a wire transfer because I was told that the hold would be lifted the next day if I did that. I did not.. I called again and they said they needed to submit an order to lift the hold. The lady I spoke with reassured me over and over that it would take 2 business days for it to actually come off. It didn't... I called again and they gave me a number to talk to payroll specialists to take the hold off. I called the number over and over again and it said they are closed due to being in a meeting. It's now been over two weeks at this point and with no resolution for the simplest problem. And I still can't submit payroll that's overdue and have to submit payroll in another week, which I doubt this problem will actually be fixed by. Overall, I can't stand Quickbooks and if you run into any small or big issues, it truly doesn't feel like you get genuine help.

Melidee
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 13/12/2023

Quickbooks for Civil Engineers

Pros

Accessibility - able to work remotely from anywhere.

Cons

Customer service - or lack thereof. Unable to resolve issues, especially with payroll.

Mark Angelo
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 09/01/2024

High quality Product

I found that QuickBooks has an easy-to-use layout that allows people with different degrees of accounting knowledge to utilize it.

Pros

I'd like their service especially their Billing & Invoicing Features because of this feature I can easily maintain a positive cash flow

Cons

well for me, Quickbooks is a subscription-based service and the price can be an issue, based on the size of your company.

Rob
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Longtime Quickbooks User and Very Happy

Sometimes frustrating but in the end, as stated before, QB customer support is great and they are always friendly, understanding, and help me through any issues i encounter.

Pros

It's ease of use but even then when I get stuck, QB support is always fantastic.

Cons

I don't like it when they change the interface or how to access certain features but support is always fast and helps me through it.

Kyle
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Critical for Managing Our Small Practice

Pros

Quickbooks is a one-stop-shop for our invoicing, accounts payable, and bank reconciliation at our small practice. It's cheap, easy to use, and integrates well with other software we use.

Cons

Since I manage multiple businesses, switching between them can be a pain.

Charline
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 24/02/2024

easy to use

Good and happy, solid system, good support as well

Pros

The mileage tracking, online invoicing, expense reports

Cons

Not always easy to integrate app purchases

Edna
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

QuickBook Easy

Pros

Quick books online and offline are both very easy to use, and surely are user friendly.

Cons

The only challenge was to change the currency cause the company I worked with was in South Africa.

Gloria
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Perfect for small business

Quickbooks is great because I don't have a pile of receipts to type in. I can upload my transactions directly from my bank and code them as they are uploaded. I use it for tracking income and expenses, sending invoices and running reports. I love the payroll function which saves me money because I don't have to pay the accountant to file my tax documents.

Pros

I like being able to use the online service where I can log in anywhere I have internet access. This gives me the option to work remotely.

Cons

The banking function is good, but it takes several days to sync up to my online banking balance (doesn't show charges until they are posting, and doesnt download pending ones)

Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

My accountant suggested I use Quickbooks because they have capability to file state and federal forms.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

It was a great all in one product at a price that fit my budget

Response from Intuit

Hi there, Gloria. We know managing a business doesn't always happen behind a desk. It's great to hear you've been able to easily complete accounting tasks while on the go. You can count on us to have your back for years to come! To find out more about updating your bank feeds in QuickBooks, we recommend this article: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/change-bank-account/how-to-manually-update-bank-accounts/00/186436

Thanks for taking a moment to leave a review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 05/11/2019
Navine
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Excellent Software if you have help

I had a live hate relationship with quickbooks because while it was easy to use it can get messy quite quickly due incorrect categorization. That changed when I hired a bookkeeper to look over my books on a monthly basis.

Pros

Love quickbooks online well because it is online which means I can do my business from anywhere and anytime.

Relatively easy to set up and has video tutorials. Love that you can set up lots of subcategories which makes comparing information from different categories easy and more meaningful.

Love the new tags feature!!! I wholesale so I can see which wholesale reps are performing the best.

Makes bookkeeping and tax paying easy if everything is setup correctly and accounts are reconciled correctly.

Love the various reports you can pull from it. Profit and loss monthly, quarterly, annually.

Love how easy it is to create invoices and the option to get paid within quickbooks!! No more sending an invoice and then asking for a separate PayPal or square payment.

Cons

Categorizing some income & expenses can be tricky at times which can mess the books up and make you want to tear your hair out.

May Need a quickbooks bookkeeper to keep your books clean or will most likely mess it up.

FreshBooks and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Wa e was too basic and fresh books was limited in its functions.
Bryant

Reviewed on 12/08/2022

Makes my job a ton easier

I like Quickbooks. The company name does make sense... you do everything quickly lol. I haven't had a single issue other than the invoicing problem. I did spend more than enough time with their customer service which was a pain in the butt but the rep was really friendly and helped me get it sorted out. If I could recommend Quickbooks to a new or seasoned business owner, I definitely will! It looks expensive and hard to learn but honestly, it's much easier to navigate than it looks!

Pros

I was hesitant at first since I didn't want to go the everything electronic route. My wife was doing all of the tax stuff so I just gave her the okay and made the purchase. I now do everything minus invoicing through Quickbooks. Everything is streamlined for me and I realized how much time I was truly losing by doing everything through Excel and calculating by hand. My wow moment was watching my time being cut in half literally by just snapping a photo of a receipt after connecting my bank account then adding details on the purchase... that's it!

Cons

Now... the invoicing part I'm just not fond of. There was an error with a payment and Quickbooks kept kicking back a payment a client had made. I ended up just going through Paypal Business and setting up my invoices through there and attached my Paypal account to Quickbooks to make things easier on myself. If invoicing was different, I would be 100% with Quickbooks.

karie

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

QBO Accountant

Overall, I am happy with the product. they also have live chat now, and they can call you if you need to talk to someone. Customer service definitely is great improvement over the years. It is big for me because I refuse to work with any software company that I cannot talk to anyone (hint hint Zenefits). And most of the time they get it resolved over the chat. Recommended

Pros

Love the bank matching function, makes the bank reconciliation 10x better if you do it right. It's very easy to navigate the system, for beginners, it's the easiest system I used so far for them to pick up. Make sure if you set up, you don't use the simple cheapest version if you own a business tho, it's cheaper but the reporting is not as good as essential and above. I have implemented qbo for all my small clients that doesn't need a big system for POs

Cons

I have mixed feeling about the auto categorization, some bookkeepers gets lazy and thinks it's correct and just click add, which half of the time can be wrong especially when it comes to use project and classes. it's a great function to make our lives easier, but also makes people lazier. I made sure to train my employees to not get lazy and check every transaction

Mint and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Xero is not as easy as QBO also all my clients are using QBO

Xero

Reporting and user experience

Reviewed on 10/01/2023

Great product for in-house or outsourced bookkeeping

I use the software every day for hundreds of clients across the country. Intuit is constantly working to improve the app and they are definitely the best company partner I have had.

Pros

Fast, Secure, Easy to use software with a lot of features.

Cons

It would be great to set default views of columns / headings on the basic GL report, or Profit & Loss - example to show debit and credit columns separately by default.

Sage 50cloud Accounting and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Technological advantage with QuickBooks' ability to integrate other cloud-based applications. No more worry about computer damages, upgrades, hard drives, etc.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Ease of use for both client and bookkeeper
Anthony
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 02/05/2023

Streamline Your Accounting Process with Quickbooks Online

I had the chance to work with Quickbooks Online while serving as an IT intern at a small firm near my university. I discovered the software to be user-friendly and intuitive. I could access financial data using its cloud-based platform from any place, which was especially helpful when working remotely. I had no trouble creating and sending invoices, keeping track of spending, or handling payroll. I was able to further streamline the accounting process because to the software's connectivity with other third-party programs.

Pros

In order to meet the requirements of small businesses, Quickbooks Online provides a full range of accounting tools. Users can access financial data through its cloud-based platform at any time and from any location. The program includes tools for controlling expenses, managing payroll, and tracking inventory. Additionally, Quickbooks Online integrates with many different third-party applications, giving users more functionality and flexibility. Users find it simple to learn how to use and navigate thanks to its user-friendly interface and thorough instructions.

Cons

The pricing structure of Quickbooks Online is one of its biggest flaws. The cost of the program is determined by the plan and the number of users, and it is charged on a monthly subscription basis. The price may be too high for some users, particularly small firms with tight resources. Additionally, despite the software's extensive feature set, not all businesses may find it useful because some users may need more specialized accounting tools.

Lisa

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

Excellent reporting and automation

I've been a user of Quickbooks products since 2003. It has been great. Prior to that I was struggling with Sage. I used Sage for 3 years and Sage payroll. But when I discovered Quickbooks, to me, it lived up to its name... it was quick to do the books... I've done their training, I've an advanced certified pro advisor and user and the company has treated me (I feel) as a client user extremely well over the years.

Pros

Auto invoicing, payroll module that's integrated, sending out reports automatically, great customer service and supportive software provider. Receipt capture (although not every sophisticated) still does the job.

Cons

What I'm struggling with is this new tax feature, to then be able to file year end accounts, but once I've grasped it... I think it'll be a game changer for how I do business. The process will be quicker, which'll free up my time.

Terry
Terry

Reviewed on 06/11/2021

Accounting at your fingertips anywere

My experience with Quickbooks online has been mostly positive. I find the best thing is that I can just pull up the software on the web, or in the app on my phone and take care of business while I am out on the road doing service calls.

Pros

I like that I can access my information while I am out on the road. It's also a bonus that it integrates with my ticking software so that I can just export the information from that and it syncs right into Quickbooks online. I also depend on the ability to input and scan expense receipts so that I don't have to do it when I get home.

Cons

The price is a little hard to swallow when coming from the desktop version of Quickbooks for so many years. Also there are some features that is in the Desktop version that hasn't been implemented yet.

FreshBooks and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

I made the switch to Quickbooks online to help with not having to come back to the office after a long day and still have to input stuff into the desktop software. Now I can just go home with peace that the information is already there.

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

I chose Quickbooks Online over the alternatives because it was supported by my other software as well as I was familiar with Quickbooks desktop already.

Response from Intuit

Hey there, Terry!

We deeply appreciate you taking the time to write your review, and we're so glad to hear that transitioning to QuickBooks Online has helped simplify your daily work-flow!

If you need anything or have questions in the future, feel free to get in touch through the Help (?) icon in-account. You can also reach out through our QB Community: (quickbooks.intuit.com/community) Or on our Social Media pages for support as well!

All the best!

-Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 11/11/2021

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

If you have < 10 EEs and need time billing, there are better options

Overall, it's the best thing out there. Unfortunately, Intuit works tirelessly to increase the revenue they get from each customer. Not by adding functionality; but by deprecating features and moving them to higher tiers of the product.

Pros

QBO was wonderful prior to their acquiring TSheets, and deprecating their built-in time tracking. If you don't do time-billing, then QBO is still great.

Cons

As of this review - 2 years after they acquired T-sheets; the level of integration is very poor. Instead of waiting to introduce the product after the integration is finished, Intuit chose to deprecate a very nicely defined time billing feature and replace it with something that requires a lot more work. You cannot see the status of your billables until you review and approve the hours in t-sheets; and then export it to QBO. If you want to see a tabular summary of the billable hours in T-sheets, the only option is to export to csv! Your QBO dashboard only shows what has been approved and exported from T-sheets. The entire process is extremely cumbersome, kludgy, and frustrating. And - did I mention you have to pay more to be able to allow your employees to enter their time. That used to be included in the price. Also - beware, Intuit regularly increases the cost of using the product. It's now double what I started with. They play a shell game with repackaging by deprecating features from the current version to drive you to the more expensive version.

Edward
Edward
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 05/06/2021

Really...what choice do you have? Nobody ever got fired for going with IBM...or QuickBooks...

We primarily use QuickBooksOnline to generate and track invoices, as well as "keep the books" (General Ledger). It does these things well, but the learning curve is steep and I often find myself wondering why it does not have an obvious feature (like - why can't I get a subtotal within an invoice? Why can't I sort items within the invoice before making it final?). Beyond that, I have found the service / support to be lacking, and I am not at all keen about the fact that they incrementally increase the price once you are committed to using their product. Can I recommend? I suppose, but it would be a lukewarm recommendation. Really, it comes down to the fact that once your business is too large to use Excel for invoicing and General Ledger, QuickBooks is the defacto standard. I do not love it, but I don't hate it - yet. If they keep raising the subscription fees though, they will push me into doing some research for a replacement.

Pros

It does what it does well, and it is the standard, so you don't have to worry about acceptance or compatibility issues with your clients or with your financial institutions, nor with your accountant and / or bookkeeper.

Cons

Just because it is the standard doesn't make it the "Gold Standard"; it does the basic things you need it to do, but I often find myself wondering why some obvious functionality is missing, despite the fact that the learning curve is steep. And...they have a sneaky way of repeatedly raising the subscription fees once they have you committed to their product.

Angela

Reviewed on 27/01/2022

On the expensive side for small entrepreneurs

Overall, Quickbooks Online had the items I needed, but their recent software and price changes have pushed me into a version that lacks what I need and leaves me with unnecessary, bloated accessories. There aren't many options out there that sync as well with online shops. QBO should consider allowing a small inventory and budgeting option for the less expensive versions and listen to their customer's concerns more.

Pros

I appreciate the easy connectivity with apps so I can connect my e-commerce shop. The layout makes the difficult task of financial management not seem so overwhelming. Reconciling with my banks is convenient and matches my transactions well. I also depended on it to aid me in tracking sales tax.

Cons

The software's selection of options with each plan is ridiculous. I started with the Plus version to keep track of a small amount of inventory, although most of the products I sell are POD. I also appreciated the budgeting aspect. They started adding extras such as mile-tracking, and now they sync with Mailchimp, but I already have a cheaper mile-tracking app for my business and sync with Mailchimp through my website. During the pandemic, they increased their prices (horrible timing for small businesses) and forced me to scale down to the Simple Start version. This version doesn't have the inventory function or budgeting (something that should be standard across the board).

To make matters worse, for the six years that I have been using the program, they have yet to fix an issue with the sales tax part, specifically modifying the start of a sales tax calendar. This issue has caused headaches for me every year, and no one will address it when I, and many others, bring it up.

Zoho Books, FreshBooks and Xero
Mohammad Ismail
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

The Accounting SoftWare for a Medium Business Enterprise

5 Stars Excellence

Pros

1. Quickbook is a Friendly Software and easy to understand and easy to use for daily tasking activities.
2. It Contains PROJECTS thar will help you organized your Contracts and Project undertaken, it will give you the calculation of profits and Earnings, You will determine too your looses on its projects and will help you understand how did you lost for a certain projects.
3. QB helps you to organized your Business Intruments, such as Purchase Order Issuance, Delivery Note issuance, You can make Sales Order Acknowledget for new Orders you received from each Customers.
4. And Since it is an Accounting Software it will help you to Organized almost everything a Big Company needs to records such as making Journal entries, Creating Chart of Accounts, Organizing Products Inventory, Creating Product Entries for Pricing purposes, It will Records the Cost of Sales and Cost of Purchase.
5. For Contracts Services it will help you calculate the Manhour Cost of each Employees reporting to complete thier Jobs in a Certain Contracts or Jobs Undertaken that requires a specific Project Completion.
6. Quick is Superb and Easy to use, and it is also inter-active as if you are talking to live person because it contains an Artificial Intelligence to remind you that a certain transaction had been duplicated for example and when you need to amend something inside the System it will automatically ask you if you wanted to continue & retains attachments in your file, Recurrence Tasks is available too

Cons

1. Online Traffic only, Needs to restart

Devon

Reviewed on 28/07/2023

Horrible Updates!

I used to say I "love" QuickBooks. Now it's safe to say I "hate" it. I have considered switching software systems and taking all my clients elsewhere. I keep saying that if QuickBooks wants to migrate users from Desktop, they need to make Online more like Desktop. That couldn't be further from the changes they're making. Do they make these changes without holding focus groups? Honestly, do you even care about your users anymore?

Pros

I love the ease of signing on to QuickBooks Online from anywhere. My clients email me questions and I can answer them right away. I can also work from anywhere, which is great!

Cons

Recently (2023), QuickBooks Online development team have been making a lot of physical changes to the program that are HORRIBLE! I hate every change they've made this year. You can tell the developers do not use the program on a daily basis. And worse yet, when they implement a change, it glitches terribly and it takes them months to fix it. A lot of the changes make it harder to do my job by adding steps/clicks to performing tasks that weren't there before. A lot of the windows are also not seemless/ aligned like they used to be - not everything is lined up on the same gridline. Most people use the program on their laptops and you can tell they're making it more for desktop in that the pages are too wide/big and don't fit on your computer screen. However, when I use the program on my desktop screen, I have the same issues. There are boxes where there didn't used to be and don't need to be. It makes me feel like they're going backwards in technology and not forward. A lot of the features are not Intuitive... as the name suggests they should be.

Cornelius

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Buyer Beware

The online version is a decent product but I am sure there are other online accounting software packages that provide the same or much more. Dealing with the online accountant customer service department is a total waste of time. Their management team seems to be concerned with their numbers more than customer appreciation. Terrrrrible! My advice: "Buyer beware!"

Pros

The ability to assign classes in creating rules for the electronic bank transaction imports. The desktop version does not offer that function. It's sad because I know that if the QuickBooks Online software code writers can create that functionality in the online version, then they certainly should be able to create that functionality for the desktop versions which most subscribers have been using for decades now.

Cons

The unexpected price hikes on your account without formal notification or fair warning. Quickbooks has probably been the worst software vendor in that they always find a way to raise your rates by using creative and deceptive means such as switching online account holders and their client accounts to the Advanced Online version as a trial run without the account holders authorization. They leave the burden on the account holder to cancel the Advanced version trail for each of their online client accounts, which most account holders are not even aware that their clients have been switched. Terrrrrible! I'm sure there are laws that prohibit this type of deceptive behavior. Currently I am switching most of my clients back to the desktop versions until I can find an alternative Accounting software that my clients and I can appreciate.

Paula
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

Fine except payroll and reports

I feel that the support staff have been placed in a bad position because the software is still so buggy. They should not have released payroll until it was ready and the sales team needs to better set expectations. The support staff can only do so much with buggy software. In addition, the engineering team needs to be properly staffed to resolve critical bugs in a reasonable time frame. Over 1 month is unacceptable for a severe bug that is preventing use of the payroll module for more than one customer. I was torn between giving the software 2 or 3 stars because of the pros above but I think they should understand that they can't push out poor quality, incomplete modules to try to compete in the online market and not properly set expectations. There are good alternatives at this point.

Pros

Seamless integration with other software, electronic billing and payments, banking download and matching

Cons

Payroll is a disaster and payroll reports are really bad. I noticed that most reviews on here do not mention payroll and I'm sure that's because many don't have this functionality enabled. I feel that QBO is trying to push users toward their full service payroll service by not focusing their attention on this module. It is an absolute mess. First of all, there is no integration between QBDT and QBO payroll modules. The data does not transfer from one to the other well at all. What does transfer is very incomplete or incorrect data. The manual data entry required is tedious and very bug-filled so it doesn't work correctly and requires chat or call-ins to the support line to complete. The functionality does not allow for customization of the posting of deductions and causes a lot of manual follow-up work from payroll that is completely unnecessary and which didn't exist in QBDT. In addition, they have many more bugs once in "operation" and some are severe and some are minor but annoying. The severe make it so that I have not actually been able to run payroll in QBO yet though we switched on 5/19/17. I had to run two payrolls in QBDT so far and then manually reproduce them in QBO. That is pretty severe in my opinion but still no resolution from their team. I did get them to credit me the fees for the month. Others such as the Total Pay column being nonsensical and not matching the total of the Gross Wages plus other compensation are just really annoying. The fact that you can't customize payroll reports AT ALL is maddening.

In addition to the above, there is an extremely annoying issue for nonprofits. If you select Nonprofit 501c3 as the type, you have to use "Pledges" as your terminology. You can't use "Invoices". I have worked around this by selecting Other/Not Sure as my type but it requires me to change it back whenever I set up a new employee in order to allow designating them as exempt from FUTA. So far, it seems to hold the exemption when switching it back to "Other". However, since I haven't been able to run a real payroll run yet, we will see. Many nonprofits don't utilize pledges and though you can customize the forms to read Invoice in the email, you can't change the language appearing on the Sales module and attached pdf invoices auto-name as Pledge #X when sending to customers.