About Quickbooks Online

QuickBooks Online enables users to download and reconcile credit card transactions that allows businesses to organize weekly timesheets and track bank deposits. What is Quickbooks Online? Quickbooks Online...

Browse Quickbooks Online Reviews

4,508 of 4,508 reviews

Reviewed on 09/06/2021

Quickbooks Online- The Easy Accounting Software

It is great accounting software for a small business. We are able to manage expenses, send invoices, run payroll, keep track of inventory and generally organize our books. Access to accounting information from anywhere anytime is a plus. It is fairly affordable and has a 30-day free trial.

Pros

The linking of the bank accounts makes reconciliation easy at the end of the month. The banking interface allows for the classifying of transactions which makes work easy for recurring transactions. The software integrated well with our existing business management software. Customers are able to make payments online easily. The ability to access the accounting information from anywhere comes in handy especially in these times when organizations are moving to remote working due to the Covid-19 Pandemic.

Cons

The frequent upgrades sometimes make it difficult to find features that you have used previously. Customer support can do better in promptly assisting customers when an issue arises. If an error occurs in the original entry, correcting it is usually a lengthy process. You may have to contact customer support to do it from the back end.

Tosif V.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

QUICKBOOKS for INVOICING

Overall quickbooks is a good tool for small business to track expenses, invoice customers and track the invoices received. You can even email and customize invoices right from the software.

Pros

Quicksbooks is a great software for the small busineess. It allows for invoicing customers in an easy way. If you are out of the limit for the invoices, you can make a small purchase and make it online and can access it from anywhere and everywhere from the tablet, pc or phone. It is a real easy way for tracking the invoices and marking them paid with accounts receivable. It also allows for digital time card where you can record the employees time of in and out. Great software and easy to learn.

Cons

The things you want to consider improving the software is it should give easy ways for tracking the accounts paid and invoices paid by the customer. Everything else looks pretty decent.

OnlineInvoices

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Quickbooks is easy to use than any other software. As it can be use with or without internet. For invoices online you need internet to access your files and folders. With quickbooks you can backup your data and use it anywhere from any device like phone, tablet and pc.
Charlee C.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

Thorough, organized bookkeeping software with plenty of features

Overall, Quickbooks has been very valuable to my business, easy to use for both clients and myself, and organized in terms of layout and use. However, I wish the fees charged for processing payments were lower.

Pros

For my business, I send monthly invoices, so Quickbooks' invoicing feature and the ability to accept all kinds of payments is a must for my business. I find the invoices simple to create, and they look professional and attractive on the customer's end. I also like that I am able to customize the invoice template easily so that I can modify how it appears to the customer. My clients have not had any problems paying through Quickbooks' invoices, and most of them actually prefer to pay this way rather than through other methods such as cash or checks. I like that I am able to select or deselect payment methods for each individual customer. Quickbooks' system has simplified my payment process and my clients are satisfied.

I use the Quickbooks Online feature of adding my accountant to my account for no additional cost, and I like this feature because if I have any problems or questions, I don't have to try to explain in detail each concern; instead, my accountant can just log into my account and view any discrepancies herself. This has been a lifesaver on multiple occasions.

Another feature I like is the ease of use with categorizing bank transactions and expenses. Quickbooks suggests categories and automatically matches most transactions that it estimates are paid invoices. They are correct the majority of the time, and this makes matching payments to invoices a breeze. I also like the records that Quickbooks makes, such as records that show my profit and loss by month.

Cons

While Quickbooks is very critical to my business and makes bookkeeping easy for me, I do find the payment processing fees a bit expensive. I suppose the fees are on par with other payment processing systems; however, at the end of the month, it is a bit surprising to see how quickly all of the individual payment fees add up on top of the $25 I pay each month to have Quickbooks Online. My complaint about this software would definitely be the fees associated with payments my customers make through Quickbooks.

Top Quickbooks Online Alternatives

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

Great for Small Business Owners

Their customer service line has been a huge help with any questions that I have and has made it possible for me to implement and use this software. Without it, I'm not sure that I would be able to fully utilize QuickBooks online. Overall, I've had a positive experience with this product and would buy it again

Pros

We like that we can access QuickBooks from any computer now rather than it simply being on one desktop. The most useful part of this software is knowing that I am compliant in the areas that I need to be as far as payroll goes. I was essentially self taught to do our books and QuickBooks Online made it easy for me to make sure that we were legal in our payroll process and helped me to identify mistakes I had made.

Cons

It is a lot cleaner and the interface is more simple than desktop but sometimes I feel that the functionality is not as good as the desktop version. QuickBooks online does not communicate with Skyworks, an autodealer software, very well and that has been frustrating to have to input the data twice. We are considering moving to a different software for auto dealers and I am anxious to see if it will be able to pull the data into QuickBooks better.

Tim A.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

Quickbooks Organizes Our Church's Finances

QuickBooks has made the financial experience for our church so much easier. It's super easy to create reports for board meetings and see where you are financially.

Pros

I love how it connects to your bank account and transfers all of the transactions to it. Being able to categorize every transaction makes things so much easier. No need to type everything in manually! Reconciling is a breeze!

Cons

There's a huge learning curve for this software. However, they have great customer support. In the beginning, I had to stay on the phone with them for a long time to learn how to use it. Sometimes, customer support doesn't know how to use the software specifically for your needs, but they usually do a great job!

Aplos

Reasons for Choosing Quickbooks Online

Excel is not the best financial software!

Response from Intuit

You've made our day, Tim! It's great to know that QuickBooks has been a helpful and easy to use tool to manage your church's finances. You can continue to rely on us for all of your bookkeeping tasks, like transaction categorization and reconciling. To stay ahead of the learning curve, we recommend checking out our video tutorials (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the Community is a great space to visit to receive support (https://community.intuit.com/).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

Replied 19/09/2019
Sarah B.

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Quickbooks offers an elegant handling of non-profits

From quickbooks we have liked a lot of functions. Among them are the fact of being able to manage accounting projects (with billing system included) and be able to manage payroll. In this sense, you can even create invoices, which is convenient. The negotiation process facilitated by quickbooks has turned out to be something wonderful. It does not take long, and they are flexible with the terms of service. The display demonstrated by the capacity of quickbooks has turned out to be surprising in all the occasions in which we have used it. Is very large. The quickbooks sales team was responsible for responding adequately to all our doubts about the use of the service. Respond quickly to the needs of customers.

Pros

Your invoice templates are very customizable. It is good for keeping the accounts of non-profit organizations, because it has tools for both bank reconciliation and fund accounting. Quickbooks offers a good system of payroll transfers, very stable. Quickbooks has helped us a lot with the management of resource accounting throughout our history as a business. It is ideal when it comes to organizing economically, and to put together budgets. Its integration with the Microsoft Outlook platform is recommended.

Cons

The platform does not allow managing sales forecasts, or managing human resources. In this area there is no tracking system for absences, wage garnishments, and unforeseen expenses billing. Neither can you process payments, taxes, or fixed assets. Does not have a treasury management function.

Response from Intuit

Great review, Sarah! We love knowing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to complete so many tasks for your organization. You can count on us to be there for all of your accounting needs for years to come. We recommend checking out our Blog to find out more about ways we're working to improve (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv). Additionally, this article provides details on setting up wage garnishments (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/process-payroll/setting-up-a-wage-garnishment/01/370809#M7725). Lastly, we invite you to take a look at the following link to find out more about processing payments in your QuickBooks account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/merchant-services/process-payments-in-the-merchant-service-center/00/186106).

Cheering you to continued success!

Replied 17/09/2019
Dane J.

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

Quickbooks Online is Robust Software

Overall, QBO is wonderful software for bookkeepers, accountants, and small business owners. It is arguably the most powerful and robust software on the market, and is priced fairly well. Its integrations with other pieces of software and/or websites that small business owners use is second-to-none, and I am glad Intuit continues to work on that area. I would only say that support's knowledge of their own product is incredibly limited in my experience, and they need to stick by their pricing instead of releasing a few new features every year that have marginal actual use and claiming they need to raise prices because of them.

Pros

I love QBO - their software just works! I own a bookkeeping firm and nearly all of our clients use QBO. Nearly all bookkeeping activities can be completed, including accounts payable/receivable, financial statements, journal entries, bank reconciliations, sales tax, and even payroll. I find our clients want us to use QBO and they are eager to learn it. Along those lines, it is an easy piece of software to teach someone how to use, but still packs many robust features.

Cons

Two items:

1) The Intuit QBO customer service needs work, and lots of it. I have only web-chatted with them on three occasions, and on all three occasions, I solved the problem myself before the support agent could find a solution. A company as big as Intuit should know that their support agents need to be MORE knowledgeable than the end-user. In my experience, this is rarely the case. Possibly more training is necessary?

2) Intuit keeps raising monthly subscription prices on their QBO products. In using them for just about five years now, I have gone through five price increases/changes for their QBO Essentials and QBO Plus products, and an additional two on Intuit/Quickbooks Payroll (their payroll increases actually caused me to switch to another provider). Watch your e-mail for notifications diligently.

Teara M.

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

Bookkeeping software for dummies like me

do it myself bookkeeping

Pros

I was able to get up and running with bookkeeping quite quickly; I expected it to be difficult since I had no knowledge of bookkeeping, but it wasn't. I have used it to run payroll, send invoices, manage expenses, receive payment, etc and find it all to be very intuitive.

Cons

For my web design business, Quickbooks is all I need as a bookkeeping software. But for my husband's trucking business, it just lacks some necessary functionality and we found a more elaborate tool was needed ... which was too difficult for me to figure out, so for his business we had to outsource the bookkeeping. But I still use Quickbooks Online for my own more basic business.
I find the desktop app that you can install (to connect to the online version) is often unstable and becomes unresponsive. I also find that there is confusion between my Quickbooks Online account and my TurboTax account (both are made by Intuit), when I change my password for one, it changes my password at the other site as well .... weird and took me a number of lockouts to figure out what was happening. Best to use separate email addresses for each of the tools I think.

Response from Intuit Canada

Hi Teara. Thanks a ton for your expert insights, and your review. You're correct that changing your password for one product will affect it across others. If your user ID is the same for each log-in, this feature is designed to help streamline logging in. As an added layer of security, we offer multi-factor authentication so your info is safeguarded.

As for instability in the desktop app, you can easily solve these issues by clearing the cache. After logging in, select Help > Reset App Data and you'll be good to go.

Should you guys have any questions about the functionality missing for your husband's trucking company, feel more than welcome to email me directly ([email protected]). I'd be glad to discuss your options in that respect and look forward to hearing from you both. In the meantime, I encourage you to swing by our Resource Center (https://intuit.me/2rI3OKd), where you'll find walk-through guides and tutorials for working in QuickBooks.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 06/08/2018
Michelle A.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Best accounting software there is!

I also use Quickbooks at home to track my own personal finances. It allows me to stay on top of (and even ahead of) my bills and budget. I love Quickbooks and there is a reason it is the #1 Accounting software - it is phenomenal!

Pros

I have been working as an Administrative Assistant for the past four years at a Debt Collection Law Office and I use Quickbooks every single day. It is a godsend! I use it to track so many different things, from payroll to client invoices, income and expenses and much more! It is extremely easy to use and they even have an offline version as well! Everything can easily be emailed as attachments which allows for businesses to operate very smoothly. I love that the online version can be accessed from anywhere - it is so convenient!

Cons

Quickbooks is amazing and I have nothing bad to say about it. It is so useful for keeping track of so many different things. I even prefer it to Excel and I used to use Excel explicitly!

Jenine B.

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Great for businesses that are on the go!

I do like the online I just wish there was a little bit more to it. We have a plumbing and heating company so our service team is always going to different locations and we need to be able to access invoices and estimates and customer payment information on the go all the time and it was just getting to be too much using several different applications to get ultimately again to the same place. it is nice to be able to do everything all in one application and not have to worry about transferring it over. Less chance of something getting forgotten or entered incorrectly. I will continue using it while out in the field and on the go it makes life a lot easier. And it makes it easy for our techs and our supervisors to know exactly what needs to be billed and what need to be done at jobs

Pros

I have to say the best thing about QuickBooks online is it is available to you anywhere you go. If you're out in the field you're able to look up estimates and invoices. Customers can pay you right through the app. I also like the fact that you can link your bank account so all expenses that come out of the bank Iarw recorded automatically into QuickBooks. Customers can sign estimates and other documents from your phone or tablet.

Cons

There are so many features that are on desktop that are not available to you on QuickBooks online . I don't want to get rid of desktop because of all the important features that are on there such as tax forms payroll forms and things of that nature.I don't like the fact that it's so difficult to change your invoicing and estimate templates and they don't give you very good options. I also don't really care for the mobile app on my phone as far as creating invoices or estimates. It's great for referencing, but to make new ones it's very difficult unless I'm on my laptop.

Harlan E.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Manage your financial well being!

Running a medicall practice is difficult enough, Quickbooks all our practice to not have to worry about keeping track of our income or expenses. In addition we dont have to worry about data integrity either!

Pros

The fact that QuickBooks online offers an online version of its products is very important to the maintaining of data integrity. With Quickbooks keeping the back ups in the cloud I can be anywhere where their is an internet connection to pay bills, collect money or even reconcile my bank account.

Cons

The one thin that is bothersome is that this software is expensive. But if you want the best you must be prepared to pay for it!

Response from Intuit

Thank you for leaving this kind review, Harlan. We're thrilled to hear that QuickBooks has made such a positive impact on you and your business. Wishing you continued success and great health during this difficult time! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Replied 21/11/2020

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Quickbooks Online

With QBO our clients are able to travel or go out and do their work and invoice and get paid from their mobile devices. They also have a direct connection to us the Accountant so that we can help when they have an issue or maybe they need us to run payroll etc. We also find that we can start tax planning earlier without asking the client for copies of their books and they can continue business as usual without any interruptions from us.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to collaborate with my clients with out traveling or having to login to their computer. Having the system available in the cloud also provides safety for system crashes and the ability to work from multi locations as needed.

Cons

Unlike the Desktop version as the accountant I am not able to create a new client for my use with out paying anIt has some minor issues like keeping column widths

Xero

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Already had multi clients using the software.
Aaron F.

Reviewed on 11/11/2018

The perfect fit

The go-to book-keeping software. It's just right...

Pros

I love that there are many packages available so that I can get just what I need to fit MY business. There is software out there that is a "one-size-fits-all" and you end up paying for services you don't need or not getting the services you DO need. That's not the case with Quickbooks. I am a contractor and I got Quickbooks Online Plus and I can track projects, 1099's, payroll, and all of the simple book-keeping. The projects feature is amazing as I can categorize transactions per job and know my profitability on a particular job with a few clicks. The reporting is great. I give my accountant the login information and at the end of the year, he logs in and does my taxes for me. The mobile app is perfect for bookwork on the go. Snap a picture of the receipt, tag it to a project and account and it's all taken care of. It links to all my bank accounts and cards so I have everything all in one place. I can access it from anywhere and don't need to download anything as I can use the web app in any browser. It's the perfect fit.

Cons

Cons? Well, I guess it could be free... but it saves me more than the subscription rate in time, reporting, and paperwork, so for me, it technically is free...

Lauren T.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 28/02/2019

Great Product!

QuickBooks has allowed our company to save a lot of money when it comes to accounting and payroll. We are a small business who used to pay a CPA a lot of money to run our finances. Now, I am able to run everything through QuickBooks myself and just have a CPA review everything a few times per year. It saves us so much time and money, we will never use any other product!

Pros

The ease of use is incomparable to any other product out there. I have used other accounting software that was confusing and time consuming. QuickBooks is easy enough for anyone to use, I even taught myself! I use it to balance accounts, print checks, payroll, and to communicate with our accountant.

Cons

Honestly, there aren't any cons I can think of with this product.

Response from Intuit

Thanks a ton for this excellent review, Lauren! I'm thrilled to read you were able to teach yourself how to use QuickBooks, and it's great to know the wealth of features available are helping you run your company more efficiently.

Should you need any help or want to further your knowledge of the program, know you can always find assistance from the wealth of self-help articles housed within our Community website. I encourage you to check out this online resource hub when you have some free time: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

I'm pleased QuickBooks is helping you save a lot of time and money, Lauren. Thank you again for taking the time to review.

All the best,
Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 01/03/2019
Tabitha T.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 10/02/2017

Definite learning curve with this software

I have been using QBO via a web browser, iPhone app, iPad app and Mac based app for about 3 years. There are some cool things available such as reports, the ability to collect payments online, and convenience of mobile apps. However, if you are not familiar with double entry accounting or standard accounting practices, nightmares may ensue. After 3 years, I can manage my small business *most* of the time without having tantrums when things don't match up. I've read a lot online and even ordered books about how to properly use the software and I still have trouble sometimes.

I don't think this is the ideal solution for people who want a simple way to track money in and money out. It's probably too complicated for many small business people, including me. The reason I continue to use it is because it's one of the cheaper options and I'm used to it. I've considered switching to waveapps several times and do use that one for some of my business transactions.

My advice is that if you're going to use QBO, take time to learn how to set it up and use it correctly. If you don't you may end up spending many hours trying to fix months of incorrect entries. It's kinda complicated!

Pros

Cheap, accessible, pretty good phone support. Intuit also offers credit card processing which ties in pretty easily with QBO software.

Cons

Complicated accounting system which is not intuitive. Easy to make a huge mess of many, many transactions before you realize it.

Mike H.

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Much better than desktop version

The QBs Online product is a fairly different product than the QBs Desktop product. But they are both still accounting software products are fairly intuitive if you know what you want to accomplish. After using the online version for a few years now, I actually like it much better than the desktop product. The drill-down feature while reviewing reports is a huge time saver and a feature that I use daily.

Pros

The best thing about this accounting software is that it is online and can be accessed by multiple users at the same time. As a public accountant I need access to a lot of client QB accounts and having them use the online product has made my life easier.

Cons

Their payroll product is poor at best. I don't recommend it to any of my clients.

Sage Business Cloud Accounting and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Quickbooks Online

Decent price, intuitive interface, and most of my clients are using them.
Skyler B.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Great software solution before the advent of the QuickBooks Online platform

Overall, QuickBooks offers one of the best products in the industry, but their customer service and business strategies neglect the better interest of their customers. I will likely explore other options in the future.

Pros

QuickBooks (desktop) was the first accounting software solution I used when I started my business back in 2013. It allowed me to easily manage my business' finances with minimal effort and no ongoing costs.

Cons

The QuickBooks Desktop platform was replaced in 2014 (I believe) by the online platform and service/updates for the desktop version were discontinued shortly thereafter, leaving me no choice but to jump on the QBO bandwagon and start paying excessive fees each month for the same platform I once paid for upfront.

FreshBooks and Xero
Julie R.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 15/03/2021

The only accounting software you need

Overall, there is also more of a learning curve when transitioning to the online but in the end, the benefits and ease of use outweigh the cons. Highly recommend.

Pros

I love being able to access my finances from any location via the internet. Sending invoices is a breeze through the web or app as well!

Cons

There are some different features that are available on the online version vs the desktop version. The desktop version allows you to have more customized invoices with custom fields and email templates.
The bank download also stalls fairly often. Not sure if this is something to do with the bank or if it is on the QB side.

Yonatan T.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 17/07/2021

Simple To Utilize Bookkeeping Programming For Entrepreneurs

Pros

QuickBooks Online is an incredible bookkeeping programming for occupied business visionaries who are searching for a unified method to keep all their charging/invoicing/cost following/installment preparing in one spot. I discover it very simple to utilize. It permits me to forego the cost of an actual bookkeeper and awards me the accommodation of making and sending solicitations internet, tolerating installment, overseeing receipt history and following costs. Rather than buying programming and being consigned to one PC, you can get to this product anyplace. Moreover, on the off chance that you have workers for hire/representatives, contingent upon your arrangement, you can handle your finance straightforwardly from the product which is a special reward.

Cons

I like the majority of the highlights related with Quickbooks On the web, in any case, as an originator myself I think there could be a more noteworthy assortment in the receipt layout determination. It is extremely simple to mark their present layouts, yet as somebody who esteems brand stylish exceptionally, I couldn't imagine anything better than to have the option to provide food the visual of the receipt to be more lined up with my image tasteful.

Michaela M.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 04/02/2019

Makes business a breeze

I have been able to accomplish more than i had ever imagined with quickbook's help. I am really happy with how quick i can pay bills, do payroll, and balance my budget all in one spot. I can quickly run reports for my business evaluation consultant and not have to make several spreadsheets and store things on my own. It makes doing business so much easier than it used to be!

Pros

Very user friendly, and customer support is great if i need help finding specific report or learning to do something new. This software has saved me so much time and money and allows me to spend more time doing things to grow the business

Cons

Overall it does everything i need it to.

Response from Intuit

Comments like yours are why we do this Michaela, as it's wonderful to read that QuickBooks is doing it's part to save you valuable time, so you can focus on growing your business.

Even though I'm certain you're a pro by now, I encourage you to check out our Community page when you have the chance. Whether you're trying to learn something new about the program, or simply need an answer to a question, this space is your one-stop shop for QuickBooks insights. The following link will guide you there: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

All the best to you and Rocky Creek Veterinary Hospital, and thank you for reviewing QuickBooks!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 06/02/2019
Jake D.

Reviewed on 04/11/2016

Powerful for Cloud-Accounting

QBO has made some major advances in recent years/months due to the pressure of other cloud-based accounting suites trying to steal Intuit's market share, and these advances have benefited us as end-users. Though the interface and forms-based entry is a little different than the desktop software, the functionality in QBO is realistically quite similar to the Desktop version.

I have not found many limitations to QBO that require any kind of work-arounds, but at the same time, I have had some trouble with software bugs and down-time. I don't think I've experienced as much as others I have heard from, but I have run across a few issues. In comparison to the desktop software, the bugs I've encountered in QBO are almost inconsequential. When you have a bug in the desktop software, it is usually a corrupt file or the loss of information, which I have never encountered with QBO.

There are a couple bells/whistles that are missing from this, like the ability to print signatures on checks, but I usually recommend against that for safety reasons anyway.

On the bright side, I have seen QBO respond to feedback and implement the changes they have heard from customers, so I know that they are continually improving. At this point, I think QBO still stands out above other cloud-accounting software for its power and ability to handle many industries.

Pros

Power & Functionality in the cloud world.

Cons

Pricing can be expensive over the life of a subscription.

Sandy S.

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Has worked for me for over a decade

I use it for payroll, daily deposits and payments, tax preparation and billing reminders. I do not invoice customers as we sell direct to the consumer not b to b. I could integrate it with my POS system but there is an extra fee to do this that is not worth the cost for us at this time.

Pros

It is straightforward and easy to use. Pulls the reports I need seamlessly. I also have the payroll service which rocks! If I ever have an issue or question the customer service team is super responsive and quickly resolves issues or answers questions.

Cons

It needs to have an easier way to clean up old accounts I'm no longer using. Vender accounts, bank accounts, credit cards, customers, employees, etc.

Response from Intuit

Hi there, Sandy. Thanks for a great review. Hearing how easy QuickBooks has made accounting tasks like payroll, deposit management, and tax prep is music to our ears. We'll continue to have your back for years to come! To learn tips and tricks about cleaning up old accounts, we recommend visiting the Community. Here, you'll find a variety of how-to articles and can even post your own question to receive tailored responses from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Cheering you to continued success!

Replied 18/10/2019
Taylor V.

Reviewed on 25/10/2018

Way better than QuickBooks Desktop

QuickBooks is a necessity for any business. I haven't used anything that competes. The online version is way better than the desktop version.

Pros

I love that everything is in the cloud and can be accessed from anywhere. QuickBooks has created a user interface that is intuitive and easy to learn. You don't need to have an accounting degree to be a great bookkeeper because they make it easy.

Cons

Sometimes QuickBooks doesn't have flexibility with classifying balance sheet items and payments on receivables. This is nit-picky, but since we have rental properties in separate classes, it would be nice to be able to run a balance sheet by class and show the correct rents receivable balance. If I want to use the awesome invoicing feature (rent invoices sent to tenants and easily paid with a click of a button!), then the payments received will be classed differently than the receivable. Also, we a refund check comes in, I sometimes have to match a journal entry instead of entering a deposit because it doesn't work to certain accounts. (e.g. when we get a refund on utilities that is capitalized in our fix and flip projects).

Michelle J.

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

Quickbooks Online is the best!!!

This is definitely a great fit for small businesses who have a basic system to keep their books. It was very easy to set up and has worked well with our billing system. Everytime i have needed assistance, the support team is readily available to help.

Pros

Software is the best for small businesses. I like using Quickbooks online because it is user friendly and well illustrated. It allows multiple user login which means i can use a different device in a different location to access my profile. It also provides a great customer support called Intuit forums for any queries you may experience. The payroll feature is very easy to navigate and update.

Cons

Not suitable for locations that experience frequent power outages.
It is expensive
some features are limited

Karla G.

Reviewed on 08/09/2018

Much improved and the way of the future

I used to hate this but now we have nearly all of our clients on it. And I have come to like it, though it is different than QuickBooks Desktop.

Pros

Since QBO is cloud based and comes in 3 "flavors", it is a good solution for small businesses and allows for collaboration between the business and the accountant. It (if set up properly) flows the business data in the online tax solution for easy of tax prep. I like the QB Online Accountant features such as "Work" for communication with the client and other team members, though "Work" is not a complete practice management tool. They are continuously improving the product (no new software to buy and versions are not sunsetted), and there is lots of training available online and through webinars. There is security and there are lots of connected apps to meet needs of various businesses and industries.

Cons

If your internet is poor or you don't keep your browser clean you might not be able to work efficiently. There is no discount for annual payment so you are stuck with the monthly subscription for the level you choose. Since they update it frequently it can be a little disorienting when things change. Updates are not rolled out to everyone at the same time.