About monday.com

monday.com, an award-winning collaboration and project management platform, helps teams plan together efficiently and execute complex projects to deliver results on time. monday.com team management and task management tool allows...

Browse monday.com Reviews

2,488 of 2,487 reviews
Christopher S. Christopher S.

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

A Case of the Mondays.

Monday.com has allowed me to streamline my daily and weekly team stand-ups and to track project completion in real time. I've also been able to leverage the tool for collaboration and project management with individuals outside my company which is a useful feature of monday.com.

Pros

Monday.com has a simple user interface that allows my geographically diverse team with varying comfort levels with technology to collaborate projects and track progress and project completion.

Cons

There is limited reporting functionality available within Monday.com. This is not necessarily an issue for my use case, but it may be an issue for some and it would be beneficial for the software to provide broader reporting options.

Smartsheet and Zoho Projects

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday.com offered greater functionality at an approachable price point.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Offered a stronger interface and greater functionality at a budget friendly price.
Sheila L. Sheila L.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Almost perfect!

I loved using Monday.com with my own project management and when I was working on other teams. I can say it is just about perfect for larger teams and large projects. If I was to build a project management system it would be very similar to Monday. Can get over complicated as it gets deeper and deeper. Sometimes things got lost because they were so deep in the project. Having subtasks is important but they need to be managed well or they get lost.

Asana and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday was more complicated to use and harder for new team members to get used to. ClickUp was more simple and easier to manage for larger projects.

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

I had already been using it with another team that I worked for. I liked how they used it, but felt lost a lot but thought I'd give it a try so I didn't have to learn a new system.
Melanie S. Melanie S.

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

It's more robust than what I use it for, but does what I need!

Monday has helped me reign in processes around one project area in our organization and I've found it to be easy and friendly to use.

Pros

Intuitive mostly, easy to get up to speed, easy for my team to learn. Allows me to customize what I need and came with prebuilt options that helped with a quick start.

Monday's customer support team is absolutely STELLAR! They've always been incredibly helpful and friendly and their documentation is more up to date than many other SaaS products I've worked with. The sales team was also wonderful when I was starting up. The level of support they've offered was a lot of the reason I chose Monday!

Cons

The only real con for me is the reporting mechanisms, but also, if it was really important I could build my own using the API, so that's a minor flaw. I just wish that I could archive things but still report on those.

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

More organizational features, and company shifting away from Trello as a whole.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Friendlier software and sales and support staff. More intuitive setup. Pricing made more sense for my use.

Top monday.com Alternatives

Adir R. Adir R.

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

A robust project management tool for every need

Monday.com helps team collaborate and manage projects of any sort and size easily, with fully customizable dashboards and task lists.

Pros

Monday.com is almost too good to be true. It's flexible, it comes with a ton of customizations and automations, and it lets you manage any type of project in whatever way you please.
We're using it daily and it makes our lives so much better.
Oh, and their support is superb.

Cons

First off, pricing. Monday is not cheap, and they charge by sets of seats instead of individual seats. So if you're a team of 6 - you have to pay for 10 seats, which - on a software that isn't too cheap - can be pretty annoying.
On top of that, their Android app is sub-par, and I find myself using the mobile web version instead of the dedicated app.

Asana, Trello and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Monday seemed to be better suited for supporting larger teams and more projects simultaneously.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Monday seemed to be better suited for supporting larger teams and more projects simultaneously - plus they have more automations and integrations, which was crucial for us.

Response from monday

Hey Adir - thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're happy to hear that monday.com has made your lives easier and you've had a good experience with our support team. As for our pricing, we hear you and understand where you're coming from. We're always working to improve our pricing approach, and appreciate your feedback.

Replied 10/07/2020

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Versatile project and task management for anything

Pros

Have tried a lot of software, nothing comes close to the versatility of this software. Can be slightly higher cost than alternatives but is a great replacement for excel, databases and a project manager. Webforms can also be used to collect info. Swinging between project, gant, maps is easy.

Cons

The chat/mention system is probably a bit more confusing than other systems. However, I wish that i had found this solution earlier, we have across multiple project management providers as haven't found the right solution.

Asana and Freedcamp

Reasons for Choosing monday.com

Better features, can track costs etc in columns

Adam J. Adam J.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Collaborative spreadsheets with many time saving and useful features

Monday has allowed us to streamline our processes and enables me to see at a glance what projects we have on, where our projects are and what projects are falling behind on timescales etc. As an architectural company we take every client/ job through a complicated process and need to keep track of multiple different 3rd parties (Council, Engineers etc) and multiple different processs (survey, planning, building regs etc). Monday allows us to do this with ease and with the posts and check boxes it allows me to understand where 100’s of projects are whenever I need.

Pros

Simple to use. Very visual orientated - looks good and is easy to understand. Can be tailored to any business model/process. New features are being released all the time. Very engaged company that are listening to their clients and happy to help. Speeds up workflow and allows much greater management of projects, clients, staff and time. Great for to do lists and collaborative working.

Cons

Many superfluous features for our business that are pushed frequently (though I appreciate other business would appreciate them). Would work great if it could collaborate/access online services like Dropbox/GDrive for file management etc. Bit of an odd name - “can you make sure you update Monday” sounds odd. I actually preferred the old name “Dapulse” as we internaly just called it Pulse (which I think fits best as the software allows me to keep my fingers on the pulse of all my projects!)

Bethany M. Bethany M.

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Monday.com is a MUST for organization!

I would still be using Excel sheets to keep track of our admissions process if I had not found this program. I can't imagine not having it. It has truly allowed us to do multiple tasks at once and keep our team on track. I can't recommend this enough. It is super easy to use and the color coded boxes and ability to drag/drop make it a breeze!

Pros

I use this daily to keep track of how students progress through our application process. Our SIS doesn't allow for the functionality of what Monday.com can do. I was looking at other products and they didn't have what we needed or seemed confusing to use. I saw an ad for Monday.com and knew it was exactly what we were looking for as a team!

Cons

Honestly, there isn't anything I don't like about using it.

Zachary C. Zachary C.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

We finally know what we are doing!

We have finally moved away from traditional meeting and calendar invites that remind us to complete a task. It was so complicated before Monday.com. But now, we know what our new requests are, what the status is for that request, and who is assigned to said request. No more guessing or confusion.

Pros

Monday.com has helped us log, categorize, and time each of our tasks and projects. The managers are able to have a high-level view of how progress is going, while the team can see the daily details of each and every task. The layout is fun, colorful, and most importantly clean.

Cons

I don't have many negatives about the software. I will say that it can be really easy to accidentally "upgrade" your account to the next level. Before you click "accept" make sure that you know exactly what you are accepting. Otherwise, the software works and functions exactly as promised.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Wrike was not as clean or colorful as Monday.com. We needed a project management tool that people WANTED to use. It is so satisfying to change the status to "Done" for a task; it's almost addicting!
Zane B. Zane B.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

I can't even imagine how my life would be without Monday.com

I use this software daily. It's so easy to set-up and very user-friendly.

I turned all my friends to customers of the app.

I love the customer support, literally, they respond within minutes. I messaged them on Black Friday and I got a response in 10 minutes. That's EPIC!

Pros

Time Tracking and Team Collaborations are my top used functions. I love being able to see where I am at with my work and how my team is doing too.

Cons

It doesn't integrate with Pomodoro. I use my PC to remind me to take breaks every 45 mins.

Toggle didn't integrate with Shift.com

Toggl Track

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Easy of use was a biggy! Pricing is AMAZING!
Lauren H. Lauren H.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

A Long Way In Business Management

Very positive. It's easy to use and powers through weekly workflow and truly makes the experience worthwhile. I would definitely recommend this program specifically for calendar and workflow purposes.

Pros

As a business creative and freelancer, Monday.com provides the necessary input to drive the workflow of any company. It provides fully integrated services and meets the ultimate tools necessary to make end goals meet. I've worked, for years, in art and design agencies that rely heavily upon client growth and quality of detail. This program really pulls through with its available technology and automated programming. But the one factor that truly resonates with me, in Monday.com, is its ability to take your preferences and tailor it into a productive and speedy interface. The quality of the layouts, for each part of Monday.com, really stand out (in a positive manner) and help the user to determine where they need to go quickly and efficiently.

Cons

That it doesn't have card or note templates available, like Trello does. I'm not here to compare them as one is better than the other; but rather that each one has their strengths and weaknesses. I think most of all, this would be the only minor setback that can easily be adjusted.

Egnyte, Trello and Slack

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

Because Monday.com has a very alluring interface and extremely simple workflow.
Suhaila S. Suhaila S.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Organize task with monday.com

Its rich feature and tools make everything is possible with monday.com. The automation has help me to set and forget some of my daily task.

Pros

There so many thing that can be done with this software, and the flexibility is the best compared to other software. The task manager is very visual, that help me to see clearly which task has more priorities and need to be done first.

Cons

This software surely has its learning curves and take a bit of time to master all the tools that on the software. Overall, there are nothing much to be dislike with this software as everything is working perfectly.

Sanskriti G. Sanskriti G.

Reviewed on 18/10/2020

An outstanding approach to project management; Monday.com

Monday.com was the absolute choice for our office. We are able to manage project tasks including scheduling, employee retention, on-boardings and so on. Overall, Monday.com has enhanced our office productivity by engaging the team members at work, tracking down the entire progress. And with reporting and visualization tools including Timeline view, Gantt charts and graphs, we are able to keep track of everything we need at work. Well, we had a positive experience with the application, and we are satisfied with its overall performance.

Pros

Monday.com is great for project management. The application is pretty straight-forward and has smooth navigation. The application contains the well suited Kanban- boards and provides streamlined overview of overall project, and is favourable when it comes to customization and editing. The pre-built project templates saves time when you're starting from scratch and its pretty much easier for the basic setup and implementation on your desk.

Cons

The only cons, I find in the application is that- you need to upgrade to Pro to utilize the overall features. If you're thinking to start with Basic plan then there's limited features, even the Maps, Charts and Calendar are available in upgraded plans. If you're implementing Monday.com for small work-spaces then I would suggest you to go with Standard or Pro versions.

Falisha Z. Falisha Z.

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

A solid task management software

Pros

monday.com is easy to use, mostly because they have an easy to follow task management structure and my team have been more efficient after implementing it to our work. We can create our own task template, that can be used repetitively and shortening up the time when we are planning for a task or project.

Cons

The mobile version of the software is really fell short. It is not reliable and keep on freezing when i am refreshing the dashboard. I have opted to use the software directly from the mobile web browser as they are more reliable then using it from the mobile application.

Reviewed on 01/04/2019

A great tool to keep a team organized and keep management up to date.

As a manager of a marketing department made up of multiple team members, I always found it tough to stay on top of what everyone is working on and where they stand. Monday allowed users to assign tasks back to me when I needed to review and give them my input. It has also helped me better understand how long some these projects take to determine the value of them compared to our investment. This has been an excellent tool for us and it has really helped me have peace of mind that projects are being worked on and are not being forgotten.

Pros

Monday is incredibly customizable. It took us some time to get it right for our team’s needs but once we did, we found it saving us a lot of time and saving me the headache of questioning if a project was on schedule and where it stood. You can drag and drop, assign projects, and add different columns as needed. You can create private boards which is great to use as a manager. It also integrates with your Google calendar.

Cons

You can sometimes find yourself spending too much time organizing yourself that it isn’t productive. We had to cut back on some of the features because it was just too time consuming for our team. Reoccurring tasks could be improved. It’s easy to duplicate it but to have it set up to where it comes every quarter or every other week would be great.

Savannah M. Savannah M.

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Keeps our projects moving!

I think it has helped our organization stay much more informed and up to date on the projects going on.

Pros

I like that updates are instant, it is a great took for keeping projects, campaigns, tasks organized. It is east to have a conversation and post updates on the project. Overall a big help for project workflow. Plus the gifs are a fun touch!

Cons

We have a lot of campaigns / projects going so sometimes things get lost. I dont love the inbox feature. I have not yet found a good way to use it for social media planning.

Dana B. Dana B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Easiest Project Management Tool

I find this much easier to use than Excel spreadsheets, because data entry via Excel is not my core competency.

Pros

Monday is the easiest PM tool we've found, and it especially helpful to people who are visual learners. Color coding and easy of assigning people to tasks make it ideal for our PM needs.

Cons

It doesn't have a huge number of capabilities, but software that does is 1. more difficult to use and 2. not as easy to see and understand the status of items. It does have customization and integrations that are helpful.

Jira and Wrike

Reviewed on 01/01/2020

Solid project management platform, great customer service

It's a better platform than SmartSheet, Jira, or Asana but still not super inexpensive. It works great for large-scale collaborative projects or companies that have rigid compliance processes, but otherwise, a Google Sheet can work just as well for far less.

Pros

Really great customer service, fun to look at - not the usual Excel spreadsheet look of a lot of project management platforms.

Cons

It's not the most user-friendly and some of the nomenclature doesn't seem to work for our team - they are a bit more old-school.

Trello, Confluence, Jira and Smartsheet

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 24/11/2021

Project Management Made Easy

We were able to keep our business ideas on-track using monday.com. The best part is being able to see exactly where your project is hung up (and why).

Pros

Monday is a great way for all the employees in a business to stay up-to-date on the goings-on of your businesses many projects. Our favorite feature was taking email sales numbers and using the "chart" feature to turn it into an easy-to-read visual aid every month.

Cons

There are SO many features - I found myself only drawn to three or four key components of monday while other team members found features that worked better for them.

Price and features
Corkey S. Corkey S.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

LOVE

I LOVE IT. I have used other products that aren't as robust and really just offer another stream of communication.

Pros

I have a thousand things to do. Monday.com is the best product that I have found for project management. Now that there are "sub-items," it's even better. A great way to keep things on track and avoid letting things fall through the cracks. It's even a nice, organized way to let people who aren't on Monday.com to know what I've got on my plate. I export PDFs of my boards and share them with my team so that they can visualize what's in the works.

Cons

My company hasn't bit the bullet to pay for the service. I've been considering paying for it myself, but I don't really know how that will affect our current set-up. I would hope that more of my co-workers could use the software so that I could assign more tasks directly. This is a budget issue more than an issue with the product.

Hannah C. Hannah C.
  • Industry: Investment Banking

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Phenomonal

Ability to organize my thoughts and stay on task. Reducing immeasurable anxiety and panic. This has been more beneficial to me than any other organizational product I have ever used.

Pros

The functionality is fantastic. It is very simple to use and it is amazing at tracking where you are with a task. I use it for graduate school. And when I graduate I will use it for my business. It is a brilliantly simple way to lay out everything you need to keep up with. And not just for a day or two, for as long as use the software. I have had frequent issues with staying on task. I simply can't keep track of everything. This software has helped me so much and I really can't say enough. I have always been a firm believer that it boosts your drive to work harder and keep going when you can see your succeses and visually Monday.com is great at this. You can see where you started, what you've finished, and whats ahead all on one screen. You can also alter it to see things you had trouble with in comments and what your grades were on assignents. It is just fantastic. However, the best feature of this software is the people behind it. They are incredibly helpful people who are uterly dedicated to ensuring that ALL of their customers are heard and well taken care of. All around a phenomenal experience with this company and their software

Cons

I dont know. For my purposes it has no real cons except perhaps if they created a version specifically geard towards students? Maybe. The functionality is incredible though. So you can twilor it to meet your needs like I did.

Will C. Will C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 27/06/2019

Visually Appealing Project Management

I've been evaluating monday.com for the past year, and I'm looking to expand its use in our organization here in year 2 of using this software.

Pros

I really like the overall look of monday.com. It's very visually appealing and easy to see and organize projects and tasks. The Gantt Chart feature is amazing!

Cons

Monday.com is not as intuitive as I would like. It's a little difficult to understand and setup repeating tasks through the automation feature.

Aaron C. Aaron C.

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Great for project management in all team sizes!

Monday has really helped our team progress and see projects through from start to finish. It enables us to get a quick view of the progress of certain projects or else do a deep dive depending on what we want.

Pros

Monday.com is extremely user friendly. Once you know how to use the platform, the system offers so many additional features that really help save time. It is excellent for monitoring tasks & projects.

Cons

Monday.com have numerous tutorial videos online and often host webinars to help users get set up. However, unless you purchase 20 seats then it is a self-taught platform which can be difficult for users to learn.

Reasons for Switching to monday.com

I loved the look and feel of monday.com - it was by far the best looking comparing to it's competitors.

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

Versitile project management software

I use monday as part of a company wide project tracking software. It is a good way to streamline projects.

Pros

Pretty flexible software. Allows for many different configurations depending on how you want to use it. Different departments can use it in different ways according to their own workflows.

Cons

Seems to be a learning curve for some. Small issues like no auto saving of an info box.

Jonny C. Jonny C.

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Good tool for granular task management

For team based activities and in-depth project management, this is a very good cloud based resource.

Pros

For those projects that had a lot of collaboration as a team and required tasks to be delegated and split down to a granular level, the amount of features and details Monday offers helps to keep things documented and clear. There are a decent amount of features you can add per task, and the customisation on boards is also very good to suit a number of different purposes.

Cons

The amount of detail and granularity makes this, in my opinion, unsuitable if you need a more light-touch task manager or if you are only managing tasks by yourself.

Oscar T. Oscar T.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Great for effective team flow.

Pros

I see Monday as a little bit of Google doc , Trello and Microsoft Excel put together to form an effective program. I like the interface ,and the numerous amount of features I am able to leverage on as a Monday user.
Monday allows us to pass instructions ,tasks ,manage team workflow and even celebrate successful completion of projects amongst team members more efficiently than was the case ,before we adopted Monday. I appreciate the high standard the Monday support crew have maintained over the last one year ,we get response to any query we send to the Monday support crew in less than fifteen minute at the worse. Obviously software providers out there have got one or two things to learn from the Monday support crew.

Cons

Monday is overly expensive.At some point last year my organization was paying for a Monday enterprise plan ,necessitating the need to downgrade to a professional plan where we still get billed every other month.