PayPal Zettle Reviews

About PayPal Zettle

PayPal Here is a mobile application that allows retailers and merchants to process transactions. The application uses a card reader device attached to a smartphone. This solution helps retailers and field sales staff to process...

Browse PayPal Zettle Reviews

2,266 of 2,266 reviews
Coty
Coty
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Great option for inside business sales for small businesses!

The experience I have with PayPal is always amazing. They're safe, reliable, and I wouldn't choose any other software to manage my in store transactions.

Pros

PayPal here was always a tool I used before I grew my small business. It offered simple, easy to use and understand mechanics that some merchant transaction softwares didn't offer. I love how easy it is to use, and especially how quick it is. Most of all, I love how I can incorporate this into my already existing PayPal Business account to always manage receipts, invoices, and history.

Cons

I dislike the amount per swipe percentile. Each business has their fees, whilst there's others out there who are cheaper to use.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

Very convenient in making payment

PayPal is secure and i fully trusting their securities regarding my payment account and credit card information that are linked in the platform. All my transaction activities are displayed in the main dashboard so that i can monitor any activity within my account. There are no option for transferring funds to friend & family in my country, and i hoping it will introduced to us soon.

Pros

PayPal Here is an amazing payment processing platform that i can make payment for my shopping cart in foreign e-commerce website like Amazon or ebay. It can be install in my smartphone, and i don't have to log-in the platform from my computer, but its offer the same security for my payment account. There are thousand merchant that are accepting PayPal and that make it so convenient.

Cons

The exchange rates from my currency to foreign currency is quite high and so different from other common daily exchange rate that other payment processor are using. On top of that, there are processing fees for the payment transfer. If they can lowering the processing fees, i can see others will use it more often as their payment processor.

SHANMUKHA RAM

Reviewed on 18/05/2024

It's my opinion on paypal

Pros

PayPal Zettle is a versatile point-of-sale (POS) solution that integrates seamlessly with PayPal's ecosystem, offering a range of features tailored to small and medium-sized businesses.

Cons

Limited Customization Options,Dependency on Internet Connectivity.

Top PayPal Zettle Alternatives

Dexter

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Care very little if anything about customer satisfaction

If one does not care about interaction with this type company you have found your match. Bought a piece of software and used it or attempted to. Customer service attempted to install it for me and could not get it to work. I finally gave up and Paddle.com/Paypal would not refund even given the fact that their staff had attempted to get it installed. Paypal stated that downloaded software is deemed to have been delivered and refused to work out a sensible solution.

Pros

The ability to pay without exposing my credit cards to potential hackers carries a semblance of comfort!

Cons

They were absolutely the best until Synchrony became part of the package. Since this marriage customers get stonewalled and even though I had been a customer for over 17 years they decided (because I sometimes use a VPN) to cancel my use of the program. In the bylaws, they are required to send an explanation of any changes to your account. Which I still have not received! You really have not lived until you attempt to contact them when you have a problem. It took 4 days of leaving messages through email and no one could even offer a reason. After being a customer for 17 years one would think at least an email attempting to inquire about the problem would have been forthcoming! But I guess that exceeds their care to maintain a relationship.

Angela
Angela

Reviewed on 08/05/2024

Zettle Was a Godsend

Pros

I no longer use Zettle but when I did it was everything it claims to be! It did everything from in store payments to online payments even On The Go payments! highly Recommend!

Cons

the price change was not a deal breaker but did factor into my change of POS Systems.

Paycom , Square Point of Sale and Weebly
Swaibu
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 21/05/2024

PayPal Zettle

Pros

It's easy to use makes me work effective

Cons

It is better than other ways in my community

Adely
  • Industry: Research
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 16/05/2024

User Friendly

I like using PayPal Zettle it is user friendly and the mobility of the app.

Pros

I liked that it is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

What I least like about Pay Pal Zettle is the lack of inventory control and integration.

Sam
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 28/05/2024

PayPal Zettle Review

Pros

The thing I like most about PayPal Zettle is the tracking of inventory, and employee management, helps with streamlining

Cons

The interface is very intuitive, however some advanced features may require time spent to learn how to effectively use the system. There are some tutorials and supporting documents in place in place but can be time consuming.

kristopher
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 20/05/2024

Best spent money for paypal transactions

Pros

That anyone can swipe a card even without a paypal and pay you on top of all the other features like inventory management its quite easy to use.

Cons

Prob the start fee of 2.75 % per transaction but otherwise its good if you sell alot it lowers as well

Lyiana
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 05/06/2024

Good and cool

Pros

I like that it helps out when I need it

Cons

Sometimes it doesn’t work properly and I have to restart

Anthony
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Payment processing pretty much anywhere

I have been PayPal as a payment processor for a long, long time, before the card reader accessories were branded "PayPal Here". First and foremost is funds accessibility; if you obtain the PayPal Debit card, you can access your funds way faster than many other processors. I've also found the fees to be in line with or better than the competitors. Furthermore, if you use the Debit card for purchases, you can "recover" some of the fees you were charged.

Also, flat fees for all cards, whereas other either didn't accept certain cards or charged more for them). Lastly, PayPal has the best and easiest dispute resolution of any processor I've used, hands down. (For both sides)

Pros

Ease of use, speed of funds access, fees, well known and respected name, supported payment methods, and sometimes customer support, dispute resolution

Cons

Sometimes, customer support is lacking (roll the dice?), and the "rebate" program on the Debit card changing over the years (less reward)

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

I tried Square and a couple others (I think Quicken had one) some years back and found the funds accessibility and fee structure to be better with PayPal, and my so I stayed with PayPal. The other ones had either higher fees on some cards or didn't even accept one or two at the time (Discover and/or Amex).
Jessica
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Paypal Here Makes Running A Businees So Easy

I have been able to successful run and online business with Paypal here. I can do all my purchases, transfers, invoices, and payments. It has made running a bussiness easy and enjoyable! I highly recommend for anyone is who is branching out and starting their own bussiness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Plus they offer so many different products for you to be able to accept payments from customers. Also, the invoicing feature is amazing!

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was when I use my business debit card it had a fraud alert. I think you should be able to set up an amount and any ourchses over that alerts you sonyou can approve or decline the purchase. With this being a bussiness account I wanna make sure everything is as protected as possible.

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 24/08/2020

Why Do I Have This?

I don't really use it because it doesn't work well.

Pros

PayPal has so many different applications I assume that I need them all in order to do what I need. So, I have downloaded them all onto my phone. Generally, the website is the best bet, but I thought PayPal Here would make accepting and sending payments easier.

Cons

I have no idea how this application is supposed to work. I keep downloading it, but never end up using it because each time I login to do so something goes wrong. It's bulky, difficult to edit, and appears cheap. I end up just using a different application that looks better instead.

QuickBooks Money

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Zettle

I thought it would be an easy interface for accepting payments.

PayPal

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

I didn't. I went back to Quickbooks.
Verna
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Don't Settle, Get PayPal Zettle!

Overall, PayPal Zettle has improved our payment processing and we highly recommend it to other small businesses who are looking for a POS solution.

Pros

Zettle is a replacement and an improvement to the old PayPal Here. Zettle allows me to accept more types of payments, has same day availability of funds in our business PayPal account and has been a game changer for my business, especially processing payments at pop-up markets.In addition to the many payments accepted (Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover, ApplePay, GooglePay, VenMo, etc), Zettle makes accounting simple by automatically creating daily sales reports of each employee and providing the ability to keep track of inventory. Paypal has done a great job creating Zettle POS and app.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about Zettle, but I will say, our biggest challenge was getting acclimated to a new system after using PayPal Here for years. That said, the learning curve was not that difficult.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Because I had used PayPal Here previously, I decided to stay with PayPal and try Zettle.
Kevin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

PayPal Here App Exceeds Expectations

They offer peace of mind by maintaining up to the minute payment tracking and notifications. This is especially useful if PayPal is your primary form of payment used by your customers for online businesses. As I mentioned earlier, if there is ever an issue the matter is handled with an experienced live representative in a timely and efficient manner.

I think anyone who shops online should definitely give PayPal Here App a try and I assure you that it will not disappoint.

Pros

I love the various options that PayPal offers to its users. Not only does it allow my personal business to receive payments from anywhere and at any time, it also makes purchasing products through PayPal extremely easy and efficient. I use it for both my online business and as my main form of payment when shopping on websites. Nowadays most stores like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy accept PayPal and for a person who doesn't and has never had a credit card it is the best option for me.

You can also use PayPal to send and receive money to your friends as long as they have their own PayPal account as well. This has come in handy for me personally many times when I was at a loss of what to gift those hard to shop for friends during the Christmas holiday season. By sending them cash through PayPal, I knew that they would be able to pick out their own gift online and very often on sale.

Cons

The customer service could be improved a little bit when it comes to trying to talk to someone about an issue you may be experiencing. I have only had to contact customer service once due to the delay I was experiencing concerning a refund that I was supposed to have received within 3 days. On the 4th day with no refund on sight I contacted their customer service department and was answered within an hour with their assurance that they would handle the refund within 24 hours. After verifying proof of the purchase I was awaiting a refund on, PayPal issued my refund less than 4 hours later with a truly sincere apology for the complication occurring in the first place.

Ricky
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Zettle is ok but not for PayPal working capital!

The zettle POS is ok. The first one stopped working after a week so I had to wait for a replacement. As far as PayPal goes, the credit card processing and deposits are quick and easy and you have a lot of options. However, overall, I have to give them a zero because of the bait and switch.

Pros

Ease of use and deposit speed. The handheld payment terminal connects to my phone via Bluetooth. I just opene the zettle app on my phone, put in the items or charges and the customer uses a small keypad to pay using tap or chip (it doesn't have a magstrip reader tho).

Cons

We do not like the fact that we feel like it was a bait and switch when it comes to the PayPal-iZettle and PayPal's working capital loans. As told to, we used the platform over one year and met the income amount by almost double but could not get the working capital loan. For two years now PayPal has been giving a run-around about this issue saying PayPal doesn't recognize the zettle pos sales as a sale it can deduct payment from but they are working hard to have a fix very soon. As of today, after many calls, the still have not fixed the issue so I feel I was lured in by promise of a working capital loan if I met certain requirements, then I did everything right and boom, bait and switch, no loan for zettle users.

Harley

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

My "Go To" Billing System

Makes record keeping and accounting a breeze for a small business.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. I use it exclusively for my companies billing as I provide service work and when paid through PayPal it automatically shows invoices marked paid. Recent loan program is also utilized and easy to use. Just set the percentage of money you want to have credited to loan and it is seamless. Never have to schedule a payment

Cons

It would be nice if cost were to be lowered for extensive usage as percentage can add up quickly, it seems the cost should be capped or percentage lowered the more utilized

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Ease of use for small business.
Bruno
Bruno
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

The best service to buy and sell safely and quickly.

Now we are providing services to our clients who are foreigners, they pay us through this platform safely, quickly and with low commissions. The benefits offered by Paypal Zettle are security, speed, trust, privacy. The important thing is that anyone who is starting their business can use this tool.

Pros

This tool is very good and above all safe, it allows you to pay for purchases abroad quickly and safely. It gives you all the benefits and charges you a small commission accessible to everyone. The tool is easy to use, as simple as creating an account and starting to manage your payments and expenses. The tool has been easy to integrate as we use it on a daily basis for our foreign clients who pay us for the service we provide.

Cons

Paypal Zettle is going excellent, so far I am satisfied with all the payments and purchases I have made. The tool is easy to use in all its aspects, the integration to our business processes has been very well accepted by our clients, since it is easier to process payments for both our clients and my company.

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

We use this exclusively for credit card payments in our bakery

I am able to take payments anywhere as I can run them through my cell phone, and I don't have to pay an outrageous monthly payment for the "privilege" of using a dedicated credit card processing system. PLUS the money appears in my account immediately so I can use it right away if I need to.

Pros

I have been a Paypal user for 14 years and trust them. I like that the PayPal Here app allows me to take payments on my cell phone (or other mobile device) anywhere. I use this to accept credit card payments at my bakery and also for my other businesses as well. Unlike other mobile payment apps, the money appears in my account immediately (thanks, Paypal!) so I can use it that day to purchase supplies or whatever I need. And I'm not spending an arm and a leg each month for a credit card processing system.

Cons

The pros so greatly outweigh any possible cons that I can't really think of any. I suppose it is a bit of an annoyance to pay extra to key in a credit card that won't swipe correctly, but really it's just a petty annoyance, not really a con.

Silvanus
Silvanus
  • Industry: Dairy
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 22/01/2020

PAY & RECEIVE MONEY ROUND THE WORLD

on a general note, PayPal is proven to worth the trust given so far.
Absolutely no regret has been recorded and i will recommend PayPal over and and over many other online money channeling merchants.
you can trust my word for it

Pros

Using PayPal has given a whole lot of advantages to remote job people to receive money easily for their services anytime
Receiving money via PayPal does not have any unnecessary hidden charges or exorbitant tax payable compared to many similar online merchants

Cons

The restrictions placed on some developing countries need to be reconsidered as it happens that these people constitute a huge population of user that PayPal could take advantage of

The Verification processes of Business entities registering for a business account with PayPal need to be more detailed so as to safeguard users money and dealings

Eric

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

PayPal Zettle: An Efficient Point of Sale (POS) System and Payment Platform for Businesses

However, I think they should add more features to better integrate with various online accounts. The framework is very simple, it has a simple plan and its functions include a system where you can see the payment history, sends receipt of every transaction and can likewise configure the POS framework, without any hindrance.

Pros

This product is super easy to use. Indeed, even those with little information on it can utilize it easily. This product is super easy to use. Indeed, even those with little information on it can utilize it easily. It integrates with your PayPal account and the vast majority of customers know about it.

The system permits you to build a product library where you can import a product list from a spreadsheet, group the products by category, descriptions, etc. New products can be added, as well. Inventory can be managed from the system and you'll be notified when it is time to restock the products.

Cons

The system requires an account with PayPal which incorporates their terms and handling charges. For security, the system logs out regularly, which causes some frustration (only sometimes) on a portion of clients.

While it is easy to use, it requires some training for individuals that have never used it before to transactions are processed accurately. It normally takes a few uses before newer users feel comfortable using it with certainty.

Cheikh
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 07/10/2023

my opinion on paypal

Paypal is the best way to pay

Pros

With Paypal, you can pay on many websites, send and receive money almost anywhere in the world, create invoices and also link your visa card to facilitate transactions.

Cons

The only drawback I find with Paypal is the fact that it doesn't exist in certain African countries like Togo for example, but apart from that everything's fine.

Mohamed
Mohamed
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

PayPal Zettle is great for everyone

just loved it.

Pros

1- The payment solution is compatible with most vendors.2- carry out online transactions without having to communicate my bank details.3- Paypal can take control of the dispute and try to find a solution. It's a principle of trust that I really like.in general, It's easy to use and perfect for in-person selling.

Cons

Nothing. just one thing is PayPal security takes too long to accept new payments from a new PayPal account and that is waste of time.

GoPOS

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

easy interface and trusted one.
Malick

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

A very complete and useful product for its use in the business

For the use of this product it has helped me a lot in my business, and very practical for its use on the national and international market. I highly recommend

Pros

Paypal Zettle is a very high quality instrument with multiple advantages that allows its multiple users around the world. As a user in the first place it makes it easy for me to use for all my transactions in my daily life. I highly recommend its use to others without hesitation.

Cons

The price is still quite high compared to its direct competitor, which is 100 percent free. I think it's a pity that the best tutorials I found are those made by users on YouTube for example, and not directly by the company. I discovered several features by searching for hours on the internet when they could have been detailed in the tutorials.

Ann
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 13/01/2019

PayPal has made financial transactions easy and user friendly

PayPal offers a great service and we are grateful to have it. We feel that our money and transactions have always been safe and secure which is extremely important. We have used PayPal for years and have never had any issues. Their customer service is excellent and they offer great professional and fast support.

Pros

The thing I love most about PayPal is that it is easy to use. It is easy to track payment, keep a record, request money, send money. Money can be transferred directly into our bank account which has saved us tons of time. I really like that other people are not required to have a PayPal account to send money which makes it super easy for transactions. They also accept payment by credit card which has made our transactions very easy.

Cons

I would really like to learn more about the features they offer. I think that this could further improve my overall experience.