Epos Now Reviews

About Epos Now

Epos Now POS system is an effective business management, sales, and payment system for single-site, multi-site, and online businesses. The system offers an extensive range of management and sales tools, with the option to expand...

3.1

Browse Epos Now Reviews

Wojciech
Wojciech

Reviewed on 21/07/2018

Excellent POS system for various types of business, expecially hospitality ones

Pros

- great 24/7 support team
- elastic SAAS solution that can be customised for various business needs
- cloud-based solution that can work on any device and any operating system

Cons

- pricing seems fine initially but the sales team constantly keep pushing for paid support plan - this might be expensive
- As this is a massive provider, you might sometimes wait a long time for your new features to be implemented

Response from Epos Now

Hello Wojciech,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have found our software to be so useful and that you have had the chance to speak to our excellent support team.

We are consistently improving our software based on customer feedback so do keep an eye out for our regular software releases.

If there is anymore feedback you would like to add we would love to hear from you at [email protected].

Kind Regards,

Naiomi

Replied 24/07/2018
Denise
Denise

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

Works for our store!

Overall, the flexibility and customization is the best feature and the reason we stay. In addition, Epos is always updating and improving! Very helpful customer service group!

Pros

Flexibility and customization of the software.

Cons

Integrations - We have a few integrations - Shopify, Mail Chimp (which was discontinued), Postal options, etc. The integration we're least pleased with is Shopify. Everything is an add on which makes it hard for small startups.

Shopify POS

Shopify POS

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Again, flexibility and customization.
Nestor
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 17/04/2024

Amazing [sensitive content hidden]

Amazing experience with[sensitive content hidden] !!!
Patience !!!! After one year Having my System , I finally found one very kind guy who help me to do new setups in the till. Was very helping and kind . Thank you [sensitive content hidden]
My best wishes

My best wishes

Cons

Nothing , he was very helpful and patience

Response from Epos Now

Hello Nestor,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us.

Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy!

Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team.

If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out.

Thanks once again,
Epos Now

Top Epos Now Alternatives

Lightspeed Restaurant

Lightspeed Retail

Wanda

Reviewed on 01/06/2024

Unsatisfied

Pros

Nothing they put everything beautiful to hook you up but then they disappear

Cons

No real support nobody answered to make changes or replacement s

Response from Epos Now

Hello Wanda M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date.

We requested further details in order to locate your account with a view to resolving any outstanding issues,

Epos Now.

Replied 13/06/2024
Romina

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Poor Service

Bad experience
5 mos of calling for my refund until now trying to reach and get it.

Pros

None poor service.. I havent use this then its hard to get my refund..Close account October 2022. Till debitting on my Bank

Cons

Poor service .Always doing some follop ups

Response from Epos Now

Hello Romina L,

EposNow.

Reviewed on 25/02/2024

The worst system and management

No one answers the phone , I canceled my system in Dec and they still charging me

Cons

Nothing Once you buy the system no one talk to you at all , I canceled my system in Dec and they still charging me

Response from Epos Now

Hello,

EposNow

Replied 13/04/2024
Brent

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Watch out for GOT YA's in their contract

While the software did what it was expected to do, the on going support is disappointing. Case in point, company closed in March 2023, we tried to cancel the account shortly after that. Cancelling the account is very difficult! We recently sold the hardware rather than binning it. Surprisingly, even through we had contacted tech support at EPOS NOW and cancelled, and advised that no further action was required, we had an email from the new owners that they had access to our accounts? Not sure that's very secure or legal???

Pros

The EPOS NOW software generally worked as expected. Once we signed the contract, we generally found it difficult to contact tech support, but we worked through it and got there in the end.

Cons

What really frustrated us was the sneaky way they got us to accept the Protect Now Care Plan that we didn't want or need. After a change in circumstance, we closed the company only to find that we apparently accepted some sort of care plan.... I do I.T., why would I need a care plan???? Anyway we are legally stuck paying their monthly Protect Now Care Plan for 3 years or pay it all off. So just be careful and read their contracts carefully. We will never do this again.

Brett

Reviewed on 15/09/2023

Good product, poor integration with EFTPOS and MYOB

Continual dealings with the support team to sort out the MYPB integration issues.

Pros

Relatively easy to administer, add products, customers, good reports.

Cons

Poor integration with MYOB, we have had no end of problems getting sales transactions to transfer into MYOB, missing transactions for no reason. Have had to deal with the support team many, many times, this is an ongoing problem. Also the system does not integrate with the New Zealand EFTPOS system, VERY dissppointed to find this out despite purchasing the EFTPOS app. After many months, there is still no integration. For this reason i do not reccommend it at all to NZ users.

Kumarini
Kumarini

Reviewed on 28/04/2024

Great system

Pros

They’re excellent customer service and system.

Cons

Nothing to note for now. The system and customer service has been excellent!

Response from Epos Now

Hello Kumarini

Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy!

Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team.

If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out.

Thanks once again,
Epos Now

Rhea

Reviewed on 14/09/2016

Easy to use ...

Pros

The upload and learning how to use it was a breeze.

Cons

Everything was good , maybe the fact that a lot of other hardware comes extra.

ADRIANO

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

Eposnow Eposo never again

I have been working in hospitality for 17 years and i never saw such a poor service, eposnow is not ready for hospitality the system is slow and luck a lot of features that other system have, you cant even print an item in multiple printers how ridiculous. they promised me that the credit card surcharge would have be available from September 21st but they didn't deliver, the surcharge was available only one month later and in order to charge the surcharge to customers they would have to tap their card again to pay the surcharge, so i decided to switch eftpos and now they wants to charge me a premium fee stating that i fail to mee my contractual obligation but who failed first? is just a rubbish P.O.S people don't buy this is going to ruined your business

Pros

split checks, really the fact that you can split check by covers is the only thing I like here

Cons

customer service, poor ordering proceeds, poor communication,

Lightspeed

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Just because was cheap, but i guess you got what you pay for.
Tatiana

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

Don't Do it! Go with another POS

horrible im lucky if I get a response. Still waiting on phone calls from them its a sad company that robs people of their money.

Pros

It looks nice thats pretty much all I can say about it.

Cons

customer service is a joke, I've sent so many emails and called and keep getting bounced around. They are charging me when I didn't get my system for a month and half got my CC company set up and said I would here from Epos Now to finish the final step and nada. I even got charged for not doing the integration of the cc payment per terms and conditions which I did and called asking them to help me with the final step and nothing. I just want to be refunded bug waste of time and money. I need a new POS company and im 9 days away from opening which they know about. Don't throw your money away with this company check the BBB on them they have well over 30 complaints with similar situations.

Revel Systems

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

The rep was good with a bunch of promises and thought it was exactly what we needed. Even [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Square Space had warned me
Jerica
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

Difficult implementation, but lots of potential

We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.

Pros

Sales interface and usability for transactions
Overall look and style of equipment and graphics
Price for value
Mobility and Flexibility

Cons

Misleading information during demo/search process
Unreliable support during implementation
Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc
Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Perlita

Reviewed on 13/07/2023

NONE EXISTENT Customer Service!!

Contacted EPOS now invoice department for an overpayment of £48.00 that we have made when we have already informed them that we were closing and which they have acknowledged. Despite several attempts thru their web tickets, they have just ignored us and have not made any attempt to get in touch with us. Called their sales department,surprise,surprise somebody answered !! I asked them to put me thru the invoice department and somebody answered with a fake American accent. Called again they can probably see my same phone number and refused to answer my call again. They’re good at taking your money but not interested to credit you back!! Will only answer if it’s sales and if your potentially a new customer. Don’t entertain EPOS now if you want a human customer services support .

Pros

Software overall was functional to our retail shop.

Cons

Customer service was non existent. Apart from Sales, you can only get in touch with them through a web ticket which another reviewer have noted that they don’t reply to. They are only interested to talk to a new customer and a potential sale! In short they can’t be bothered and don’t care about the concerns of their existing customer. We have now potentially lost £48.00 of overpayment but I’m glad that we don’t have to deal with such an awful customer service! The fake American accent of the male sales person was terribly bad.

Fran

Reviewed on 07/07/2017

Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees.

Pros

We purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1.

When we tested the labels we'd printed, we found that none of them would scan, which was a major problem for us opening the next day. One of the Customer Support had been working with us already through weeks of a difficult installation in our Gettysburg shop, and when we realized the issue with the labels not scanning, he had already gone home for the day. It was a Friday night, and we were in a panic. Thankfully, a lady working your call line was able to reach out, and that customer support went above and beyond the call of duty, working with us for literally hours, ultimately discovering a bug within Google Chrome that was causing the issue. He then quickly fixed the problem, allowing us to print labels for all of our hundreds of hats and to open on time the next morning, with our system fully operational.

Since then, continued to be quickly responsive to any issues we have encountered. We have been meaning to write this letter for some time now, but opening a new shop has been all consuming. We are ever so grateful to the customer support and feel that he is a true asset to your company. He is patient, personable, and calm, and a fine representative of your business. If he were our employee, he'd most certainly be first in line for a promotion.

Neil

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

DO NOT BUY EPOSNOW

Terrible. The software is poor. It can’t perform basic functions. Other functions disappear randomly and then it is pot luck if you get a support member who is able to help.

Pros

Nothing. I inherited this system. The support was never able to help with any issues I had. It was basic issues. I managed to figure some out myself and had to get by not using the other features until I eventually switched.

Cons

I was mis-sold from day one. Sold an expensive support package that I did not require. Sold an extra licence for a one off fee (or so I thought) turns out it wasn’t actually for what I was told. They don’t know what it was for but also won’t refund.
They randomly charged me more than double my payment and when I complained they told me it was because I increased the amount of licence’s to three but agreed they had no record of me asking for this.

I complained August 2023 and the complaint is still ongoing.

Response from Epos Now

Hello NEil P,

EposNow

Replied 13/04/2024
Dan

Reviewed on 21/07/2018

Do not purchase if you are in the hospitality industry.

Pros

The ability to completely control the back office. We are able to enter new products, adjust pricing, calculate profit margin, run specials, etc with no assistance from the company itself.

Cons

This software was NEVER designed for the hospitality industry. We have had multiple occasions where tickets with tips will not close and we have not been able to collect those credit card tips. Since this is not the server's issue, the business has to pay the server their tips and then eat the cost when the ticket won't close. In speaking with the company, their only excuse is that tipping is not customary in the UK so it wasn't designed for that and they are "working" on it. We also ordered a case (10 rolls or800 meters) of printer tape from them. They sent us 270 meters of tape and tried to claim the rolls were larger and we got all the paper we paid for. I found their supplier and was able to order 50 ROLLS. Complete rip off. When I called to tell them I wanted to return their 4 rolls of tape and get a refund, the customer service rep actually laughed. I would never buy this system again and am currently saving money in an effort to replace it so I can sink the system in the bottom of our local lake.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Mr Davis,

I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your hospitality solution. It is a shame to hear your feedback as we have a significant number of hospitality companies all over the world who have found our system to work seamlessly.

I am keen to resolve this issue for you. Please, could you provide your account number so that I can look into this further for you?

Many Thanks,

Naiomi

Replied 23/07/2018
Piyush
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

By far the worst company I dealt with nomorals/ unethical selling

EPOS NOW is by no doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with Worse POS/ No support/ unethical selling/ hidden terms in contract/ hidden charges/ worst customer bombarding EPOS NOW unethically sold their P400 counter top terminal to me. I was rushed to make the payment for the proforma as the sales rep said the black.friday deal will be out if I don't sign up today. I never asked for Merchat services, it was included in the proforma and after I signed it I was forced to pay. I tried telling them.numerius time that u was with other Merchant service provider who are way cheaper than their 1.7%. However, as per the contract I had ended up paying 36 months charge for the terminal just to get rid of it. The I received another email saying that I have purchased a new terminal.whixb want the case. And they were forcing me.tk.use their teeminal.for taking the payment. Later they started charging me $49 +GST for payment premium saying that I have not met the terms and conditions of using the terminal. I explained them.multiple.time that I don't have their paymwnt terminal.but still till.date they are charging e payment premium. I 've been trying to.gwt my refund but I can't get hold.of their Global cases support!! And who ever pick up the phone after 40- 50 mins wait tells me that the issue is out scope and escalated. In short, these guys are unethical and definitely cheater. Please do not got for this company. Save yourself.

Pros

I did not like anything in particular nothing special, same as any other POS service in terms of system.

Cons

No support Dishonest people who do not careToo slow

Fong Ching

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

My Terrible Experience with EPOS Now

In short, don’t let EPOS Now’s initial low cost fool you. Between their poor support, misleading billing, and substandard software, it's a trap. Reduce stress and stay away from EPOS Now.

Pros

Nothing like most about Epos Now, everything not satisfied, terrible experience

Cons

When looking for a cost-effective POS solution for my business, I was attracted by the attractive offer from EPOS Now. However, the next year was filled with frustrations and unexpected expenses.Attractive offers, low support: EPOS Now's low-cost advertising is eye-catching. They provided me with hardware, software, and even a "1-year premium support license." However, this support has been dismal. Slow responses and ineffective solutions became the norm.Billing Error: Their P400 system incorrectly billed me despite specifying the EFTPOS machine I selected (Tyro). To correct this, they hid the terms and made me wait two months before canceling. They keep charging me, but even though I paid, I am not able to login my account.Software issues: Their software was disappointing: slow, buggy, and inefficient, especially in a retail environment.

Martin

Reviewed on 23/09/2017

EPOs Back Office set up from the begining .

Pros

On Wednesday 20th September 2017 I was having some problems trying to log in to the back Office on our EPOs till.
I phoned the support line in the morning & was connected to a 1st line support Agent.
I explained the problem & it was agreed that she would phone me back at 4pm to help resolve the problem.
We have recently changed company names over & there had been a mix up about which account etc. was still active ( our fault ).
she phoned at 4pm prompt then kindly spent the next 2 hours or so helping me re install EPOs back office again as the one we had been using was now locked.
I explained to her that I needed to get the new programme running as we opened again at 9am on the 20th & we needed the system up & running.
Just to summarize as it would take to long to explain she was exceptional in the very cool, calm & professional manner in which she helped me resolve this issue. I was getting a little stressed as this was put on me last minute but she explained the process step by step in a very friendly & understanding manner.
Anything she wasn't sure about in the process she asked for advice from her team & at one point she kindly got another member of her team to help also.
Its vary rare when you deal with telephone help lines that everything you ask for happens but I can honestly say that she went above & beyond to help me which was really appreciated & I was able to set up the new Back Office system in time for us to be able to trade again in the next morning.
she is a prime example of how to get a good end result for both parties in & limited time scale in very difficult & testing situation.
She is an asset to your team & I hope she receives the recognition she deserves.

Nicola

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

I've been using EposNow for 2 years, I would greatly recommend!

I literally do not know what I would do without EposNow, I would recommend them to anyone and have done in the past! We had a problem with our cashdrawer and it was replaced the following day. I've recently got very involved with going deeper into stock levels and master products and am very impressed with everything I can do!

Pros

Insights into sales, stock, customer loyalty all on dashboard and easy to read.
There is so much I can do in the back office, I'm still learning new things 2 years on and am still very impressed with what I am able to do!
Support are brilliant, always very friendly and helpful.
There is a feature vote where you can submit any suggestions for the system and users vote on features they would like to see.
The apps that integrate are very useful and there is something for everything you could think of!
I can access the back office from anywhere, I love this, it means I can work from home and keep up to date with sales.

Cons

Support do take a while to answer your call, although I have only noticed this recently.
Their stationary (till rolls etc can seem a little pricey) but you aren't bound to buy from them.

Kevin

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

Stay away

Pros

Software layout for the terminal is not terrible. This may work okay for some small retail businesses that do not have high volume and are running everything inside of ePOS Now with no integrations.

Cons

I normally don't go out of my way to write a review, but if I can spare one person from buying this, I feel it is worth the time. We were promised a lot of things for integration with Quickbooks Online. We soon found out that the integration was not as robust as they claimed. The monthly subscription to ePOS Now, itself, is not terribly expensive, but you soon learn that you need an add on connector program for everything. Then they want to add an additional $69/month for support. The next issue is getting out. Expect to pay a steep early termination fee. We tried hard to make this work and finally decided that we were better off to just pay the fees and bail. We are still fighting that battle and still getting monthly charges.

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

Appalling Company - AVOID at all costs. 6 Months of Hell

Literal hell for 6 months. We couldn't wait to move to a new supplier who was actually competent.
Research this company very carefully and ask to see their community forum before joining.

Pros

It's pretty. That's about it. Apart from looking nice the functionality is poor.

Cons

Everything.
Sales reports are incorrect all the time, cash up was wrong on a daily basis (not due to human error).
Support is practically non existant. Whatsapp support might reply in 3-4 weeks if you're lucky. Phone support aren't trained so can't help solve issues.
Higher management try to blame your equipment rather than their system.
Slow and Laggy, took over 5 minutes to log in some times and button presses wouldn't register half of the time.

Just generally and awful system.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

It seemed to have better functionality.
Simon

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

This company is a scam!

Bottom line - run away as fast as you can. Eposnow is THE worse company I've ever dealt with by a significant margin. You think Telco's are hard to deal with, try and get support from these guys!

After purchasing the product and buying two tills (cost of over $1200 NZD), the communication from the sales rep and my 'allocated' technical support person vanished completely. During the sales process he was quick to respond, but as soon as they had my money, ALL communication stopped. Calling his number went through to the 'help desk', which was just an on hold service. I waited 1.5 hours and then got disconnected. This happened several times.

When I did a sales enquiry (with the goal of trying to get in contact with my original sales guy) - they were quick to respond, but on asking to talk to him, there was ZERO response - all comms stopped. Still waiting on his call after 5 weeks. My tech guy has also vanished.

They wanted me to setup a Direct Debit for 12 months, and for this, offered a deal on the hardware which I accepted, but after 5 weeks, I still haven't received anything. This company is a SCAM!

You cannot email anyone, and if you do have an email (i.e. my sales guy) you never get a response.

I have sent over 7 emails over 5 weeks to my sales rep and support person asking them for support or some contact, but still ZERO response. The last two emails I told them that if I didn't hear from them within 48 hours, I would cancel my contract and seek a full refund of all

Pros

It seemed like it would work for us, but the customer service was TERRIBLE. The till software was slow and the management software has some major bugs.

Cons

How slow it was and buggy. The load time for the till was over 30 seconds.

Paco

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

What a shamble!

Im pretty sure all those positive reviews are not genuine because time and time again support proven how bad they are at their job. Even when you go to their forum you can see how many bad reviews and im also sure this review wont be even read of publish by anyone at eposnow.
Let me start from the beginning: Back in June i was looking to upgrade the till system and came acros eposnow and what i could see it was all very impressive. Once I paid up and got the hardware, the sales guy disappeared. Tried many times to email and call with no result, so much so i though the company went bust or even that i got scammed. After about one month i managed to have a reply from our sales representative apologizing but he was off sick. Fair enough but, what about passing on your contact to a colleague?? Then finally we started training and setting up but, because we lost so much precious time i asked for extra hand to input the menu as the eat out to help out scheme was coming up and I wanted to make the most of a new till. They charged me £ 500, yes, £ 500 to put our menu in the system and, to be fair, a child would have done a better job than them. So many spelling mistakes so many items with not even space between words, vat rate completely wrong and overall a really poor job that, i would have been better of doing myself and save £ 500!
Then it came the time to try out the till and watched in horror in the till keep crashing and not able to sustain an internet connection. Then again,

Pros

Product its easy to use but the lack of support or the ability to work when wifi signal drops really let this product down

Cons

Support, support and support. Also their software is not great and very often slow down