About CareCloud

CareCloud Charts is an integrated electronic health recording (EHR) solution offering collective benefits of EMR, practice management and medical billing services. The solution helps physicians to streamline clinical operations...

Browse CareCloud Reviews

Laura S. Laura S.

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Carecloud compatibility

Overall, I have been impressed with Carecloud. When ever there is an issue, they rise to the occasion, making my day better which comes down to making my patients' care, and their day better, which is who we are really serving. It has also allowed me to see the productivity of the practice. As a midlevel, this allows me to ramp up productivity on my part, especially if the month has been slow.

Pros

I have worked with numerous EMR platforms. Carecloud has been the most user friendly. It has a great interface when working with a patient chart: Providers can change the widgets to create the initial view of the chart in the most efficient way; providers can create very specific templates in relation to the reason of visit thereby limiting the time it takes to document; with the right computer and specs, it's very fast which tackles the "time toilet" of EMR; providers and staff have the ability to view the entire chart from their iPhone or Android at anytime so if wifi goes down you never lose the chart data; and providers can view their productivity as a practice or individually at any time from their platform. Providers can choose to see the productivity dashboard, the schedule dashboard, or the clinical dashboard upon signing in making it efficient for even the physician who owns his own practice to view all the information for his business within a few seconds, or browse his schedule for the day. It hardly never goes down. In 5 years, it has only gone "down" once for approximately 6 hours, if there is ever an issue it usually is back up within 20 min.

Cons

I do wish Carecloud was compatible with an iPad. Currently, I use a flip laptop by Dell and it works but if you use a larger laptop, it is cumbersome to take into each patient room. I also wish the help desk staff was more aggressive at completing tasks with a great fix, I usually figure it out by the time support calls back. IT support usually responds within 2 hours. They tend to call during clinic hours. Currently, if you have a suggestion, it goes into a queue, and is determined by the Carecloud support what is priority to be considered. I would say about 70% of my requests have been addressed and fixed, but it takes time. As a provider, there are medical legal issues that I am aware of that I'm not always sure IT is aware of. I wish that the Carecloud support staff would take providers' suggestions as a priority and realize that we are watching out for our patients welfare as well as our own and protecting our license to practice medicine.

Mel H. Mel H.

Reviewed on 10/02/2018

All that was expected and more

I recommend CareCloud to anyone that would like to upgrade workflow, efficiency, analytics, MIPS, cashflow, clean claim rates, and the list goes on.

Pros

Ease of use is fantastic. Training was great and all employees have learned the software within a few hours.
Go-Live was much easier than expected.
All providers find it very simple and easy to use.
Customizable
Add Breeze and the power and features of the software expand to create efficiencies that seem to be unrivaled.
Support and training are top notch
Support staff speak english that one can actually understand
Claims are scrubbed using 3 clearing houses that work with dozens of second level vendors who work specifically with payers increasing clean claim rate
Analytics are great. Easy to create reports, dig into the EMR to pull data, create dashboards for each employee and provider if desired. Dashboards so that each employee and associate can check KPI's each day and real time.

Cons

Our practice didn't discover CareCloud years ago.
One minor challenge when dealing with self-pay payment ID's for easy posting. A work around though solved the problem.

Brissa P. Brissa P.

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

WORST EMR - PRACTICES BEWARE!

Awful. Our original project manager left as soon as we launched the product. Then our lead contact left, then our sales rep, and they've continued to have HIGH turnover rates with their people, which is HUGE RED flag for the overall reputation of the company. They promised us all these changes would take place at the end of last year...has anything changed? No. We have had connectivity issues and when you call support they are completely useless and rude about the situation. It completely affects our operations and I would highly recommend you go elsewhere!

Pros

The only pro is that it is visually appealing and easy to follow. It looks like apps from the Apple Store...but don't let the fool you...keep reading.

Cons

Where do I begin? There is CONSTANT issues with connectivity, slowness, workflows that are completely inefficient, and so forth. We were sold on the reporting, but then come to find out, it only works if you use their billing side of the product. All other reports are not customizable and you're stuck with them. On top of that you get manipulated into this 3 year contract, and when there are changes you have to go through an entire process. I can continue but there is not enough room in this box...

Top CareCloud Alternatives

Michael M. Michael M.

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

DO NOT PURCHASE

HORRIBLE IN EVERY....SINGLE....WAY!

Pros

The look of the software is pleasant. From a billing standpoint it is convoluted and tedious.

Cons

First off, I never leave reviews and I am certainly not the kind to be negative. BUT, the staff all the way from management is horrible! They have gouged us financially and no one will respond when questions are asked. You are passed around and management refuses to contact you. You are promised by the poor reps that they will let management know to contact you and then you are never contacted. The finance department has a woman who is rude, abrasive, unprofessional, and shrewd. They do not hold their end of the contact they force you to sign and since being with them we've lost massive amounts of revenue. They even fired one of their only employees who saw what they were doing and tried to help us. We have been trying to leave this company and they want thousands of dollars for work that was not done, and an addition $8000+ to leave. We are a small company and this is all just the tip of the iceberg of issues we've had with them! I cannot wait to be rid of all of it!

Lashun B. Lashun B.

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Great software

Its a great application for making appointments and managing the flow of the office.

Pros

That its very user friendly and always updating to improve the quality.

Cons

Not much to dislike. Care cloud does everything my office needs it to do.

Sandra F. Sandra F.

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

CareCloud personal review

Pros

User friendly.
All in one EMR.
Friendly and helpful customer service
Frequent updates

Cons

If you integrate Breeze with CareCloud it’s a bit buggy. Doesn’t always transfer information into CareCloud.

Barbara B. Barbara B.

Reviewed on 03/06/2016

Happy with CareCloud

Pros

I like the ease of use, the design is pleasing, and it's easy to navigate. The flexibility of inserting and moving sections, groups, findings is also a great benefit to charting.

Cons

There's not much I don't like. It would be great if when we record our times in the chart for an appointment with a patient/client, there would be an automatic calculation for the length.

Christina G. Christina G.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 14/08/2014

Horrible system and customer service/support

Pros

The only thing that our practice likes is that you can have multiple patients opened at once without losing data.

Cons

You can't delete any encounters or notes if you make a mistake once you hit save. They cannot adjust their system to print claims on any type of printer. You have to go through three screens to save a note and then name it what you need. When you are billing, it will not automatically pull credits to use; you have to delete the payment and then apply it where you need it. When ERAs come in, you can't post them if the system doesn't recognize the claim or patient. There is no way to modify any of the payers on your own unless you ask them to add a new payer, and if they feel it's a duplicate, they won't do it. You have to wait until the end of the day for CareCloud staff to post/finalize the ERAs and payments that your staff has posted throughout the day before being able to print reports. There is no place to put any type of nursing, supervisor, or misc. notes that will print if needed. In order to use the task feature, you have to print screen what you're working on and copy the windows to print it. We lose our system probably 2-10 times a week because of some error 500 code or a message that states, "There are too many users on the network right now. Please try again." We asked very specific questions when we were looking for a new system, and after the system was in place, we found out over 1/2 the things we asked could not be performed with this system. There are many more, but these are some of the more frustrating ones.

Sandy W. Sandy W.

Reviewed on 14/01/2015

CareCloud User Review

Pros

CareCloud has a user friendly scheduling system. It's easy to add appointments and easy to view the schedule. They have a great support staff. They're knowledgeable, friendly, and return calls promptly. They have a comprehensive library of training materials that help you learn the system inside and out. The product tracks which employee has been in the system, when, and what changes they made. I also like the ability to easily look at business trends.

Cons

There is a 60 day notice required to stop your contract. I'm sure you'll love CareCloud, but if you need to change, make sure you give them a 60 day notice before your term is up, or it will auto-renew.

Keidra R. Keidra R.

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

Care Cloud Charts

My overall experience has been great. Accessing patients chart's are much easier.

Pros

The maneuverability throughout the system and the ease of understanding the system.

Cons

No Cons reported. It was supper easy to learn the system and is getting much easier.

Rosemary G. Rosemary G.

Reviewed on 16/03/2018

ONE OF THE BEST EMR PROGRAMS

Pros

OUR OFFICE DID NOT USE THIS PROGRAM FOR VERY LONG BUT WE ALL DID FEEL THAT IT WAS A GREAT EFFICIENT PROGRAM!

Cons

AT THE TIME WE WERE USING THE PROGRAM WE HAD LOTS OF PATIENTS THAT WERE SELF PAY AND THIS PROGRAM WAS CHALLENGING WHEN IT CAME TO THAT.

Adam S. Adam S.

Reviewed on 12/01/2015

CareCloud-A

Pros

It has a great intuitive style that others systems just don't seem to have. I have spent weeks interviewing new systems and then having demonstration after demonstration. CareCloud's flow really stands above the rest of the pack.

Cons

We are strictly a behavioral health operation and we did have difficulty integrating our therapists into the system. The buy in from our therapists was very slow and their use of the system was sporadic. In addition, for our smaller practice CareCloud's cost was a difficult adjustment.

Nicolas C. Nicolas C.

Reviewed on 17/02/2016

have used it for 3 years and believe it has really helped our practice

Pros

responsive vendor
good staff
useable product
able to grow the platform

Cons

would like to improve the clinical aspect of the product and also would like an ability to have a credit card on file

Linda S. Linda S.

Reviewed on 11/09/2015

GREAT SYSTEM

Pros

USER FRIENDLY EASY TO PUT INFORMATION IN EASY TO SCAN YOU DON'T HAVE TO CLOSE APPS TO GET TO ANOTHER APP
EASY TO SCHEDULE APPOINTMENTS EASY TO VERIFY INSURANCE

Cons

NO DISLIKES I LOVE WORKING WITH THIS SYSTEM VERY EASY TO LEARN SET APPOINTMENTS PUT IN PAYMENTS BILLING ALL IT THE SAME SYSTEM I REALLY LIKE THE FAX SYSTEM

Donald C. Donald C.

Reviewed on 08/09/2015

Review of CareCloud Charts

Pros

The simplicity of the screen, the amount of work done for you.

Cons

All of the system down and error time. Maybe that just comes with being web-based.

Debra D. Debra D.

Reviewed on 26/10/2016

EHR Review of Carecloud

Care Cloud looks nice but is not a 100% user friendly system. There are too many spots to type in the same information and not all of it transfers or rolls over from page to page or encounter to encounter. Even though the EHR selection allows you to select templates to use, it doesn't allow you to create them to fix your exact needs and only parts of it is able to roll over into the next note. There is not a place to manually type in imaging/labs results and the ones they give you to select from are very limited. The insurance section in the patient's charts do not show effective dates even though it is a necessary information in order to put the insurance in. You can not manually add in insurance carriers you have to use there list, and I have found insurances like work comps that are not listed in there list. You have to go thru multiple screen to check in a patient and to find a co-pay, that make it very time consuming.

Cons

Dose not work with iPad and tablets, even thou they advertise it dose. Also not compatible with any speech recognition software like Dragon. They will do update in the middle of the day.

Marty T. Marty T.

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

I have used this system for a temp assignment for medical billing collections.

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate. Finding info for patient such as op reports and testing is easy and efficient.

Cons

Not as many features as I have seen on other systems. The value for the money is good because it's less costly, but is missing some extras that I've seen on other Billing software that has made a huge impact.

Sheila S. Sheila S.

Reviewed on 18/02/2016

I feel that Care Cloud gives 100% to us as their client

We have been on Care Cloud since 2011 and never looked back at any other systems since.
Down time has been minimal and any issues have always been addressed and answered promptly. My staff are pleased with the user friendly touch we get with our system and the notes module save us looking for info because it pops up when a patient is accessed. Having insurance verification in the system without having to always go on the actual insurance web sites to save us work time.

Phil C. Phil C.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

UI isn't the best

Pros

The support is good. They are easy to get a hold of and they can fix the issues in a very timely manner.

Cons

Support is needed often, its hard to find where you are trying to navigate to and the crashes sometimes

Bertrand K. Bertrand K.

Reviewed on 27/04/2017

Look elsewhere

We thought we found a functional web based EMR to avoid local server challenges...we were wrong. Not the EMR for a busy surgical practice. Not user friendly. Poor customer service. No ability to electronically sign off items such as outside notes and labs.

Jenah H. Jenah H.

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

Great layout! User friendly.

Overall, we had very little problems, so my frustrations with customer service were minimal. I would highly recommend this software to a more robust practice with mulitple providers, users, etc.

Pros

I loved the look of this software. They have created a platform that looks like the iPhone with bright colors and rounded app-looking options. I found that all my users were able to easily identify where things should be and did not have difficultly learning their way around the system. I also appreciate the "all-in-one" approach. Everything, anyone in our company could need was available within the software.

Cons

During my time as a user (2014-2017), I found the customer service process to be frustrated. You were required to create a 'case' online and could not get someone on the phone easily.

Alex M. Alex M.

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Overall great for group practice in mental health

Pros

Ease of use and how much can be easily tailored to your own preferences! Especially like the app where I feel I can always have access to information I need.

Cons

Some ‘glitches’ occur and the support team is quick to get on it but at times dependency on software can be scary when it isn’t working. Suppose this is the case with tech in general.

Andrew N. Andrew N.

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

Run away as fast as you can

CareCloud has been a nightmare. They came in toting being the easiest to use cloud platform on the market with robust reporting. It falls flat in every single category. CareCloud did not provide ways to report data for meaningful use until halfway through 2019. Reporting is limited. Advanced reporting is still limited to pre-determined metrics. Once they have your money don't expect to get the same treatment you get during onboarding, completely ghosted us after expressing multiple complaints about functionality and workflow limitations.

Pros

It is fairly simple to use but you are limited to baked in features and pre-determined workflow.

Cons

Constant slowness and crashing. Server stability issues weekly and performance issues occur daily.

Intergy and Aprima EHR

Reasons for Choosing CareCloud

eCW has very lackluster support and many featuers are cumbersome to use/customize. However, after experiencing CareCloud's product we desperately wish we could go back.

eClinicalWorks

Reasons for Switching to CareCloud

Price mostly, and guise of simplicity. Easy to use simple must mean lack of features.
Michael R. Michael R.

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

Great Analytics

Carecloud Charts is a good product. Consider the options and see if it's right for you.

Pros

Carecloud offers very good chart features, some of which are customizable. The reporting features are very robust. It saves you time, which saves you money.

Cons

All these features come at a cost. The system is a little pricey. Smaller practices may not be able to afford it.

Marie O. Marie O.

Reviewed on 08/04/2021

Recurring appointments are on the schedule for good-these recurring appointments can't be...

Pros

It has all features of billing, scheduling and charts in 1

Cons

can't delete recurring appointments in bulk, and can't modify the times of these recurring appointments once they are set. What is the point of having a recurring appointment feature if any changes will have to be made individually anyway?