Sage 100 Reviews

4.1

4.1

About Sage 100

Sage 100 is a cloud-connected ERP platform (Enterprise Resource Planning) for medium-sized manufacturers, distributors, and professional service companies. Finance, budgeting, planning, inventory, supply chain, production...

3.8

Adam
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Good for small to medium business

It was a great overall experience and was simple enough for a smaller business to implement while still having the horsepower.

Pros

Having worked with a few erps, this is one of the cleanest UIs and has been a great experience with getting data out of it. The datacubes on the backend have been really good as well. Order allocation is clean and simple and has warehousing plugins that work well too.

Cons

I really wish that price breaks and price levels worked better. It was very difficult to get the accurate pricing inputted to the system.

Jim
  • Industry: Wholesale

Sage 100 Review

We migrated from QuickBooks Enterprise to Sage 100 in 2015. We have had no regrets on this migration and believe we have much better control of our inventory which drives our financial results.

Pros

Sage 100 has all of the features that our small business needs. We require inventory management with bills of materials and work orders. Sage does an excellent job handling this.

Cons

It is not a case of dislike but more of under optimized. The general ledger system is not fully developed for drill down capability. All of the information is in a relational database but accessing inquiring type information is more cumbersome than it needs to be. We have written Crystal reports to accommodate this need.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100

QuickBooks Enterprise was not able to provide the inventory management that we required.

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

We believed that Sage 100 was an easier migration path for our company compared to Dynamics. We also believed that Sage 100 was easier to use for our user base.
Tod
Tod
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

MAS90 - Windows - Sage 100

Custom reports are tricky in that some modules do not "play in the same sandbox" as other modules.

Pros

Once you get a sound understanding of the modules, it is fairly easy to sort and find information and to product some reports.

Cons

MAS90 was a pre-Windows software that had limits, but was workable. Then MAS90 was sold and given a facelift to become Sage 100. Sage 100 is basically a format, presentation and color change from MAS90. I used MAS90 25 years ago and learned some of the shortcuts after going to the State of the Art University. When I left the company that used MAS90, within a short time something happened to the business world: Windows. Now 25 years later and after several versions and upgrades of Windows, I am once again working with MAS90 behind the mask of SAGE 100. It is not like revisiting an old friend, but an old motel that are still using the same bedding. The training that I received did help make the reintroduction easier. It is ironic that several times in the search bar of Sage 100 it even refers to "MAS90." None-the-less as noted the Windows rise and dominance came into the mainstream if not becoming the stream of business. The tough thing is that MAS90 did not change with a Windows feel when it was altered into Sage 100. Frankly, it is most frustrating to jump from Outlook, Word, Excel then to Sage 100. Something as easy as hitting "enter" or "tab" in Sage 100 will cause redundancy in keying and wasted time. The answer is simple, the user MUST have a passion for selecting or clicking the left mouse button and consciously shifting their thinking from 2019 back to 1994 when ever they enter the world of Sage 100.

Top Sage 100 Alternatives

Victoria
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Perfect ERP Software for medium sized businesses

We have been with Sage for almost 7 years and it has saved us much time and money. Our old software was clunky and not customizable. We are able to now do multiple tasks at the same time, even within different companies.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of customization. Excellent customer support, excellent value for the money. Great for organizations with multiple entities - ability to switch between companies/work in different companies at the same time.

Cons

After a sales order is completed, you cannot "resurrect" it - you must generate a new number and "copy" the old sales order from history.

Tracy
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100 -

Pros

All the modules are set up the same. We have 8 modules and the set up is the same style.

Cons

Reporting could be easier. They are moving to crystal reports and being able to export from each module but they are not there yet. Attaching tables is a pain to deal with.

Danielle

Not for us

This software is time consuming. You spend more time waiting for items to post, than inputting information.

Pros

The set-up was very easy. The instructions giving was easy to follow. Customer service was very helpful with the questions that we had.

Cons

This software is antiquated. To void a payment, you have to manually void the payment. To make adjustments to a invoice, requires you to research the invoice information such as: invoice #, amount, posting date, GL code and cost code, then manually make the adjustment. In the payroll module, once you post payroll all information is gone. You can not retrieve the information.

Jordan
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 08/08/2020

The Toyota Corolla. Not fancy, but efficient and reliable.

Efficient. It works. Lots of features. Reliable.

Pros

It's reliable and it's a great way to organize data. I like that I can pull data into Excel with a Microsoft Query and have multiple tables to get information from, such as invoice history, purchase order, sales order, and item information.

Cons

It's ancient looking. The aesthetics of the software in Classic View is not modern at all. However, it gets the job done and it's very efficient.

Ezechiel Narcisse
Ezechiel Narcisse

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

New Sage 100cloud software is great

I've been working with Sage 100cloud for the past 6 months. With my busy schedule and the number of clients I'm servicing, I don't have the time to keep track of all my business finances. Sage 100cloud is the perfect solution for me. I can track my cash in and out, see where I'm at with my payables and receivables and create reports for my accountant. I also use the supply chain module to track my suppliers and create an automated purchase order system. Sage 100cloud is a great solution for businesses that don't have time to keep up with their finances.

Pros

I was looking for a new cloud-based solution to manage my accounting and finances because my old program was not able to handle my business' complicated processes, and I found Sage 100cloud. This solution helps simplify your finances by providing a single source of data for items like cash management, financial procedures and supply chain management. You can manage your entire business from anywhere on any device, so I can check my finances from my phone or tablet.

Cons

I haven't really had any issues with this product so far.

Perry
Perry

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

Software is good, but the cloud is not

Pros

They have all the data and functionality we need, the reports are good, the speed of access is decent.

Cons

It is cloud based and we have to pay them every single day for the rest of our lives. We want to have our data local and this does not let us do it. Also, they are not updating the software with any new real features. They are treating it like they treated ACT, like a cash cow. No real improvments, just more money and less support.

Faris
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

My experience with sage 100

Although i wasn't in the team when they chose Sage100, but my exprience with it was smooth and secure, never had a technical error with it

Pros

The various buisness fuctions, the customization, the sacalability and the interface

Cons

Mainly the cost, and somehow the limited cloud options

Jeff
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Solid mid-market enterprise accounting system, with quirks

Very solid system with a few frustrating quirks. You will need to host any version of Sage 100. Consider a cloud-based software as an alternative (Sage Intacct perhaps, although the price skyrockets compared to Sage 100).

Pros

-very cost-friendly pricing for small or medium sized businesses. this is the biggest selling point for Sage to me - it beats Quickbooks as a more ERP level system but is still very reasonably priced

-solid on standard accounting

-multi-company/location/entity reporting

-import/export works well

-test company option helps new users acclimate

-simple bank reconciliation module

-security and role definitions

-GL reports are very useful to financial experts

Cons

-bank reconciliation doesn't force you to reconcile to the GL cash account. That defeats the purpose of a reconciliation...

-there is almost no customizability to the financial statements. I guarantee you will need to export (Excel) or use a different software (Crystal Reports) to build your monthly financials.

-Sage 100 products are hosted in-house, so in the age of the cloud, you will still need to purchase and support your own server, a pain for a small or medium sized business.

-there are no "drill down" options in financial statements. That ability in Management Reporter was a huge plus in Microsoft Dynamics products.

-Multi-fund reporting cannot be consolidated (unless this is an add on module we didn't purchase)

-There are no reports that show unposted JEs

-AP voids and invoice reversals are a NIGHTMARE. Seriously, my staff lose sleep over trying to never need to void a check in Sage.

-Dashboards are basic. It feels very "old" as a system compared to new cloud-based options.

-No auto reconciliation. I've heard that's a selling point of Xero.

Sharon
  • Industry: Publishing

A FULLY INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SOLUTION

Using Sage 100C has provided more flexibility to the workforce and has increased productivity over the old VPN solution. With an increase in work from home scenarios, this has proven to be a helpful addition to our software solutions in conducting business.

Pros

The program has many robust features with integrated billing, and having the ability to select batch or live processing allows us to be flexible with each department. The fact that you can modify areas of the software to support your own needs is a big positive in our book. Sage does a great job with reports and extracting data to excel. The fact that it fully integrates through GL makes it very easy to use within the entire organization.

Cons

I would like to see larger fields to capture pertinent information. Additional user-defined fields that can be integrated with report design would be a nice addition. The ability to modify the canned reports and turn them into a custom report would really be helpful.

Trey

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Good program

Pros

There seems to be a module for just about everything we need to within out company, which is very nice. It was pretty easy to learn with just a little bit of practice, much of it is self explanatory to new users! I do believe that ease of use is a major pro for Sage 100. I'm pleased with amount of data/reports we can process and print out, the information we need is almost always at our finger tips.

Cons

With multiple people using this throughout our organization, it'd be nice if two people could be in the same module at once. We're constantly going door to door trying to figure out who's in a certain module and when they'll be out of it. We reference a pay rate change report often, every time we click out of it, it asks if we want to purge all the files. Someone will accidentally click it someday- why would we want to do that? I also find myself getting a number of errors and the program shutting down on me. Often times if I shut my computer down and try again it'll work correctly when I open it back up.

Kimberly

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

A Well Travelled Work Horse

Its a great product for the small business client looking for audit-compliance, reporting and a trust-worthy product without spending a lot. If mobility is not a huge concern for you and you want to keep your operating costs low, choose Sage 100.

Pros

Sage 100 is very well suited for financial record keeping, distribution management and reporting on these business operations. Functionally, it is very reliable and straight forward to use. It was the first accounting software I ever used in a professional setting and I continue to think in terms of the way items are processed in Sage 100. Because it has been around for decades, there is a substantial amount of knowledge available to new users by way of Sage City and the number of consultants available for support is also a huge asset. The subscription pricing makes it very simple to purchase and include as an operating cost for the lifetime of the business and there are great integrations available in the channel.

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app that gave access to the approval functions and other areas of the product that would be convenient when traveling away from the office - or even just working remotely. Remote accessing a server is very inconvenient and there are so many browser-based systems in business already. Sage 100 feels behind the times without this functionality.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Very good software. Has gotten better over time. Still room for improvement

I've been using Sage 100 for more than twenty years and it's a great tool most of the time. Databases were improved module by module several years ago and that made a huge difference in stability and reliability.

Work flow is consistent across modules. Once you understand Sage's way of managing workflow, it translates to other software modules, so there is less to learn.

Pros

Full featured. Has what you need in most modules to run a typical company. Decent implementation of Paperless office. Print and linking PDF copies of most documents is great.

Cons

Workflow can be frustrating or cryptic in rare cases. Implementation of paperless office, particularly for PDF invoices and uploaded documents is really good, but not great.

Needs better inventory work order management. Basic integration is terrible, GREAT integration is too full featured. We need something in between. Just a basic Work order process that actually works.

brittany

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Accounting and Inventory Ability

Pros

We went with Sage because we needed an accounting software that would also keep inventory stock. The fact that Sage has build able modules and customization available is pretty much the biggest asset available. I use Accounts Receivable, Payable, Sales Order, Inventory Management, Purchase order, General Ledger and Paperless office. I like that it allows me to more permanently close out accounting days and keeps track of all reports for later use.

Cons

It is a time consuming software to learn, definitely keep a professional on standby when installing and learning the system. Although I like being able to close out days and orders, it does make it a little harder to fix any mistakes. There are occasional bugs with the system but nothing that hasn't been able to be fixed with a phone call to our Sage installer.

Yanet

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Sage 100cloud from a non-profit user

It has met all of our AP and AR needs.

Pros

All the modules are located on the left side of the home screen. It may not seem like a big component; however, when you're wanting to go in and out-things it's a game changer. Some days, I have up to ten different windows in which I'm cross referencing. I can reconcile while looking at my AR and AP. Making entries and printing checks is a breeze. The steps are easy to follow and the tutorials are simple.

Cons

Be sure to double check modules when updating software. We updated and quickly realized some modules hadn't carried over correctly. It was taken care of fast but could've caused problems down the road. It would be nice to have a checklist of when everything is being updated to see when changes did/didn't occur.

Dvon

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Very Sad!!! Very Very Sad!!

I would never recommend this software. Any looking for a way out. I know other companies who use this software and are taking the same approach. Maybe after enough people leave their service, they'll start acting like a customer friendly company; not a company that says ...... "I gotcha!!" Time to take the ride!!!

Pros

It is a sturdy platform. Served its purpose. Has good features .... a good overall solid mid sized company package.

Cons

As in previous reviews, they are now price gouging with huge support price increases. Can't get any update without getting support plan. They do not have a "pay for support" option only for the experienced user of their software. Now we can't get phone support. Only support given is through web chat. That really sucks!! Imagine trying to teach someone how to use the Report Writer feature through web chat. Very Sad!!!

Kara
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100cloud Software

Sage100cloud takes a bit to get used to; but the every-day functions are not difficult to maneuver. When you get into deeper more complex functions (which Sage offers) then it becomes quite difficult to learn how everything works together. It's a muscle machine and can handle a lot of data (we are in the manufacturing business).

Pros

We have used Sage for over 10 years. Our primary business is manufacturing. Sage has a wide range of tracking and amazing functions that can be done. If you need a robust program and have the budget for it, this is the one to go with.

Cons

Learning how to use all the completx functions proves to be difficult and training & software are very spendy.

Albert
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

Sage 100cloud review

sales analysis, inventory slow moving analysis, gross profit and specialized reporting analysis

Pros

Visual integrator to import files and Sage intelligence for customized reporting needs

Cons

some of the standard built in reports such as sales orders by item and product line are not very excel friendly and look better on paper.

Don
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 12/12/2016

Affodable step up from Quickbooks

i have used a variety of ERP software packages in my career, including Quickbooks and Microft Dynmaics' Navision, and Sage 100 provides a full feaured ERP package at an affordable price. Cost's per user for a month's subscription for the Essentials core accounting package (GL, AP, AR, Bank Reconciliation) and a little more for the Advanced Bundle (Essentials plus Inventory, Purchasing, and Sales Order), and more for the Complete Bundle (Essentials plus Bar Code, Return Materials Authorization, and Bill of Materials). For manufacturing, you can add the Complete Plus Bundle (Work Order, MRP, Job Cost, and Time Card). There are additional add-on modules such as Paryoll with Direct Deposit, 100c Manufacturing (formerly JobOps), CRM, Sage Intelligence Reporting, and eBusiness Web Services. Each package includes Library Master, Business Insights (Drill Down Inquiry, Reporting, and Dashboard), Paperless Office, Custom Office (to create User Defined Fields and customized screens), Visual Integrator (to Export and Import data to/from Excel and Sage), and Crystal Reports.
The Windows Explorer type menus make navigation easy, and the workflow follows the menus. Sage 100 is designed for 1 to 50 users, and supported the creation of multiple business entities or companies. The software has many configuration options, and can be tailored to the company's use, so because it is flexible there is also a learning curve due to its sophistication. Sage has been the number one accounting software recommended by CPA's for many years.

Pros

Affordable, flexible, stable data base, excellent module integration.

Cons

Does not have a Point of Sale option, or a full featured Web Store, or user friendly API tool.

KIMBERLEY

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Sage - Tacking your Companies costs

Sage is easy to install and can be used for all types of industries from small to medium sized. Easy to train and configure to your companies needs. Highly recommend this product

Pros

Sage is easy to setup. The ability to customize your invoices to include Logos and what is required to be shown on your invoices is essential. The ability to setup your fonts and how you want reports to print and look makes it very personable.

Cons

I would like the ability to copy a Journal entry to reuse as opposed to saving as a stored entry. Coping entries on the fly is much faster. When a credit appears you cannot back out of this (no choice to exit) can make a mess of your gl

Cherechi
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

This is one of the best ERPs I have used in a while, it makes working a whole lot more fun and...

Despite the whole full and complex look and feel, Sage 100 is still quite easy to understand in about 3 tries(if self teaching) but under an experienced hand , I’d probably give a day a day and half max.

Pros

The best thing about this software is it’s streamlined nature. An ERP that can help completely monitor from manufacturing to storage to logistics to HR and even customer relationship and satisfaction. This is one top of the line software.

Cons

It is still a bit jumbled up. Once loaded, it still looks like a whole lot on the eye. Icons and folders can still be properly arranged and sorted properly. Still a lot of addons that are not really needed.

Joleen

2020 Review of Sage 100 Cloud

Overall we are very pleased with Sage 100 cloud. Our IT consultant finds it easy to help us trouble shooting if needed, and customer service has been very helpful. We have also found it easy to adapt to our company needs. The upgrade to Sage 100cloud was seamless.

Pros

The product is user friendly, the pull down windows are very helpful for new employees. New employees were easily trained to use the product.

Cons

It would be a great enhancement if all reports would not close after print/print preview.

Our checks are not standard laser printer checks, and it was a little challenging to set up to print correctly. Smart printers would not allow the adjustments. Final fix was to purchase an inexpensive printer.

Christine

It works

We have Sage 100c...not cloud.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it's not worse. I've used worse, but I have definitely used better.

Cons

This software is not easily customizable. Some simple things that could be better are just a pain. For example, posting entries, one should never have to go through several steps to post every single time. I've worked with softwares where you can set it to the level of steps you want. If you want to print and post, you should be able to do that all in one step.