About Webroot DNS Protection

Webroot DNS Protection is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses reduce DNS hijacking, enforce web access policies, provide roaming user protection, and more on a centralized platform. It allows administrators to utilize...

Browse Webroot DNS Protection Reviews

Leora E.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

Good!

Pros

It came for free when I had some computer work done at Best Buy. It does a good job protecting my computer, I've never had any problems!

Cons

Nothing really, except that my license on it is ending. :(

Response from Webroot Software

Glad to hear you're feeling safer since switching to Webroot - thanks for leaving us a review!

Replied 22/04/2022
Lorraine S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

Webroot Anywhere

Pros

Once I decided to purchase Webroot, I would not run a computer without it. It is always on protecting me.

Cons

No complaints. I would not run a computer without it.

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Choosing Webroot DNS Protection

I felt Webroot provides better protection and has more features.

Response from Webroot Software

Thanks for sticking with Webroot!

Replied 04/11/2020
Luis C.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 04/12/2021

Webroot for 5 years

Pros

Web Console that is easy to use. 24/7 monitoring.

Cons

Sometimes the computer is not detected and that don't permit to uninstall the product by traditional way.

Response from Webroot Software

Thanks for leaving us some feedback - have you tried working with our business support team to resolve your issue? https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

Replied 15/02/2022

Malwarebytes for Business

Luca R.

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

Webroot DNS Protecrion

It solved the problem of protecting some notebooks from representatives outside the company, which were difficult to follow. Today I can keep them monitored from a single web interface.

Pros

The simplicity of configuration and distribution on different PCs

Cons

Nothing to report at this time. There are no things I didn't like

Response from Webroot Software

Love to hear that you're nailing that use-case of monitoring multiple laptops from a single interface. Thanks for leaving us a review!

Replied 22/04/2022
Craig A.

Reviewed on 19/07/2021

An easy to implement and flexible DNS protection

Webroot DNS protection gives additional easy to implement coverage to our current Security strategy

Pros

Easy to implement from accessing the software through the GSM Management console to configuring the various DNS policy that protect both endpoints in the corporate network and Roaming user protection

Cons

We did encounter some issues with Sonciwall Firewalls but there are plenty of resources from Webroot and elsewhere to get this resolved.

Cisco Umbrella

Reasons for Switching to Webroot DNS Protection

Great presales support and easy to implement.

Response from Webroot Software

Hey there - thanks for leaving us a review! Glad to hear our support team was able to resolve your firewall issue!

Replied 14/09/2021
Andrew M.

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

So fast and unobtrusive that it has become a must for me.

I use Webroot to protect 2 computer and 3 mobile devices. Being cloud based it has a tiny footprint on computer memory and resources. It scans at lightning speed compared to alternatives I have used in the past. This speed is important, since other software has often hindered my high usage programs i use for sound recording and editing. I don;t even notice Webroot is there, but when I check, it does what it says wonderfully.

Pros

The best part of this is that it does not slow down your PC or cause any lag at all. It works so much faster - many times - than other options I have tried. Customer service has been responsive in a reasonable time.

Cons

The only issue I have had is icons disappearing and having to reinstall to correct this. There is a help article on their site about it. Minor, but annoying when it happened.

Chris M.

Reviewed on 21/06/2018

Improved tremendously over the Old DWP proxy service they use to offer

Overall it a good product but I still prefer Cisco Umbrella for Secure DNS services.

Pros

It is integrated into one endpoint client, and has greatly improved the security over the old Web Proxy (DWP) solution they use to have. WE have less client calls for support related to the service since we changed it over for them all.

Cons

At times it can be difficult to get bypasses to work when a site is being wrongly classified. Support can be a little slow to respond at time also.

Ronda C.
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Set It and Forget It

Our IT company recommended Webroot for our small business. We have many types of machines which are not connected via a network. Webroot has been terrific and was exactly what we needed! The price was certainly right for our small company.

Pros

The biggest upside to this software is that it works in the background. I have to worry about it only one time per year to renew.

Cons

Sometimes I forget it is there working, so I have to set my calendar for renewal.

Reviewed on 19/10/2017

Webroot keeps my software and data safe and secure

Security

Pros

I like that it keeps not only my laptop but other devices safe from viruses and hackers. I like that it scans my laptop on its own.

Cons

I would like to see more updates on the status of my computer and in depth information regarding that.

Response from Webroot Software

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

We'd love hear more feedback in regards to the types of updates you'd like to see: [email protected]

Replied 23/10/2017
Deb L.

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Webroot SecureAnywhere

Pros

This software runs behind the scenes on my computer without slowing in down and finds trojans, malware and other dangers to my computer. It stops hackers and such. This is the software that Best Buy suggested we buy.

Cons

So far, I have not found anything that I do not like about this software.

Steve M.

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

My experiences with using Webroot on my devices

Webroot protects me from malicious apps as it blocks them before they can infect any of my devices. It makes sure that the websites you are browsing and downloads are secure. I forgot to say that is has a lost device feature that helps you find a device that has been lost or stolen. Its probably nit the best anti virus out there but I like it and it is easy to use.

Pros

This software allows you to use it up to 4 or 5 different devices under one membership I have it installed on my Desktop, cell, tablet, and Lab top. No matter which device it is on I dont ever have a problem with it slowing up any device or causing it to hesitate when the program is running in back ground or scanning for viruses. I love this software and it is very user friendly it does what it is supposed to, and protects all my devices in my opinion.

Cons

It is a cloud based network so connection problems could affect its performance. I dont have that problem to often but I have noticed it once or twice. What would really make it better is if they had live support and help instead of just email and telephone support, it would be more convenient , and when I have any questions or issues they would be taken care of alot quicker and easier.

Response from Webroot Software

That's great to hear! We are always thrilled to hear how much our customers like Webroot!

Replied 10/04/2018
Sally W.

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Easy to use. No need to keep installing updates, it will automatically update.

Pros

I was a huge Norton fan until I purchased a new computer from Best Buy. They recommended this program and included a free trial. I was highly skeptical, but they convinced me to give it a try. I love the fact that it doesn't install a lot of files on your computer and uses very little space. It has not changed the speed of my computer either. I am very happy with this program and it is working perfectly. I love the piece of mind you get by using Webroot to protect your computer.

Cons

You have to be careful when you renew this program. They will send you a renewal price, but it will not be the lowest price you can find. If you purchase off eBay, make sure you confirm the activation date. I purchased one and there were only 7 months left on the 1 year subscription. Best Buy will activate on the date of purchase even if it has not been activated.

Response from Webroot Software

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Sally!

We look forward to continuing to protect you for the foreseeable future.

Replied 22/01/2018
Rahshee W.

Reviewed on 25/05/2018

I would recommend Webroot to everyone

Webroot is a good anti virus and you could use it on all your devices

Pros

Honestly, I dont have alot of experience with other anti viruses but I feel this one does deserve a good review. I have been using it for almost a year now and I have hardly noticed in running on my PC because I have not had any issues with it causing my PC to run sluggish or slow up so far. I also have not had no viruses detected since I been using it so i truly believe it does what an antivirus is supposed to do. I found out that when I bought my license I could also use the same membership on up to 5 different devices so I put it on my brothers PC and our cell phones as well. so basically I feel confident that our devices are covered by a well made virus program. When you do a scan and it does find a file you can look at the details and than decide what you want the program to do with it.

Cons

I really dont think I have any cons to say about this program. It could have more features installed that would automatically optimize, defrag and clear duplicate files on your PC when it is running a scan. If you do a deep scan instead of a quick scan it takes way longer for it to finish.

Kili T.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 03/08/2019

Easy to Use and Highly Recommended by People in IT

Pros

It is easy to use and keeps my computer safe from viruses.

Cons

Maybe the ability to clean programs that interrupt browser function.

Norton AntiVirus

Reasons for Choosing Webroot DNS Protection

Best buy and IT professionals recommended the switch as a better virus protection choice.
Todd M.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Great Protection

Pros

I have used other cyber software programs, but I like Webroot the best. The protection that they offer can't be beaten,especially when it comes to Malware. They have 3 pricing plans. I like the "Internet Security Plus" plan. With this plan, I can protect up to 3 devices. I like the interface of Webroot, it's neat and clean and doesn't interfere with what I'm currently working on, in other words, it works quietly in the background. The Software is competitively cheaper than the other name brands on the market.

Cons

They do offer VPN protection, but you have to purchase a separate package. VPN protection should be part and parcel of their basic package NOT an extra.

Cathleen S.

Reviewed on 22/04/2018

My experience using webroot on my devices

Webroot protects me from malicious apps as it blocks them before they can infect any of my devices. I recommend this software to everyone

Pros

First of all you can use Webroot to cover up to like 5 of your devices per membership. It does not slow up your pc or whatever device you are using when it runs its scan or in the background while you are using the device. It does what it says it does I use it on all my devices.

Cons

It could have a few more features added to it besides the optimization. You have to pay more if you want to use the password management tool. It is a cloud based network so connection problems could affect its performance. I really dont have anything else negative to say I like using this software

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Best virus protection software

Virus protection

Pros

This software won't take up a lot of bandwidth but will do a comprehensive job of protecting your system from external threats as well as scan for existing threats. It has a very low-key presence and very minimal popups. You won't be notified when the software is updating, it will happen automatically. In the 3 years we have been using this software we have never had a crash due to it's software, nor any issues with viruses.

Cons

There is a minimal yearly fee for this service. Oddly, renewing the service is cheaper when you purchase a brand new license as opposed to automatically renewing.

Marcus D.

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

Great product for mass protection on computers

Pros

I like the fact that you can put this software on an image and it will scan the new computer that you put it on without having to download.

Cons

the only thing I dont like so far is that it has been bad about picking up ransomware. the company has been hit a few times with this issue and there are no logs of it in webroot.

Response from Webroot Software

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Marcus. We really appreciate it.

Please report all instances of Threats to our Customer Support Team directly.

Business Technical Support: Call 1-866-254-8400 M-F 7:00 AM ¿ 6:00 PM MT
Open a Support Ticket: http://mysupport.webrootanywhere.com/supportwelcome.aspx?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA

Replied 12/01/2018
David R.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 20/02/2018

My experience using Webroot

It does exactly what it says it does, moderately affordable and you could use one subscription for 3-4 different devices in totally different zip codes and it still works fine. NO SLOWING OF YOUR PC WHILE IT IS RUNNING

Pros

I love this program it scans every document and file and will find any virsus or file that can be harmful to your device and lets you pick what you would like to do with each specific one it finds. It does not slow up your PC even when you have several things running at the same time. You could pay for one subscription and add up to 3 or 4 devices on it.

Response from Webroot Software

Thank you so much for the review, David! If there is anything else that we can do to make your experience even better, please let us know.

Drew
Webroot Community Team

Replied 22/03/2018
Keith P.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Simple interface and low load on system

Secure network with little or no user interface.

Pros

I never have to update the software and I never have to scan the system.
I just runs in the background and does it's thing protecting your PC while you work.
Adding the web root filtering extension to my browser also gives added protection while you surf the internet.

Cons

Had to setup a custom policy for one workstation to allow it access to an outside the network server which is a little tricky but software support walked me through process so no problem.

Response from Webroot Software

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, Keith!

If you ever have any other suggestions, we're always looking for it: [email protected]

Replied 27/12/2017
Windy P.

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Extremely recommended

Pros

I have been using this app for a little more than one year. So far, I have never receives any malware threat to my computer which in my line of work, it is definitely helpful. We switched from Norton because Norton failed to detect a malware that was embedded in an email that I received.

Cons

Nothing really. I am a satisfied customer. For the price, this application is definitely worth it compare to other computer security brand.

Response from Webroot Software

Thank you for sharing your review! I really appreciate it and am happy to hear that you switched from Norton to Webroot!

If there's anything else that we could do to improve your experience, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Drew
Webroot Community Team

Replied 23/03/2018
Cary C.

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Using webroot on my desktop

All your devices will stay safe from harmful files and viruses. and you are able to share a membership with up to 3 or 4 different devices. very user friendly as well

Pros

This is a highly recommended software it does exactly what it is supposed to do and keeps your device safe. It does not slow anything up while running a scan or in the background. It gives you options on what to do with malware and viruses it does find and how to dispose of them.

Cons

I believe there should be more options like registry defrag, pc cleaner, duplicate removal etc. Other than that I don't have anything really negative to say about this software. I have tried alot of them and this has been the best one by far.

Response from Webroot Software

Thanks so much for your review, Cary. We really appreciate your feedback and sharing your thoughts with us.

Sincerely,
The Webroot Community Team

Replied 09/03/2018
Dallos M.

Reviewed on 01/03/2018

I use Webroot on all my devices

You can use your Webroot licenses to install antivirus on both PCs and Macs. Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus (for Mac)

Pros

It is not just a antivirus if you register online you have access to a bunch of different options you can use to protect files, passwords, and documents that are included in the software. It does not slow up your device when it is scanning or running in the background. This software is great, I feel confident my devices are safe.

Cons

if I don't have the computer on during the time a daily scan is scheduled, Webroot will skip scanning for that day instead of doing it when I turn the computer back on. as long as you utilize Webroot support techs to help resolve the particular issues they were dealing with you will have no issues

Erika H.
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Webroot is an excellent protection software albeit a bit pricey

Pros

I liked that Webroot protected me at all times while searching online.

Cons

I had paid for the combo of 3 devices but Webroot did not work in the other devices.

Response from Webroot Software

If you're having trouble getting Webroot to function on multiple devices, please contact our Support team! They can be reached at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Thanks!

Replied 04/12/2019
Elizabeth G.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

The Best Web Security

I love that I can keep my computer records safe for an affordable price.

Pros

I love how I can just plain clean my RAM with it. It's rather wonderful, especially due to the fact I have a computer tablet hybrid with not a lot of RAM.

Cons

Really, I don't not like anything, the price is on point, and the service is too!