About TimeSolv Legal Billing

TimeSolv is a cloud-based legal time tracking and billing solution that caters to law firms, accountants, consultants, architects, and freelancers, helping them manage daily business operations. TimeSolv integrates project...

Browse TimeSolv Legal Billing Reviews

James M. James M.

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

It has worked great for us, cut the time we spent on billing by half or more, and we are very happy with the customization provided to put our own brand on our invoices and statements so it doesn’t look generic.

Pros

TimeSolv has provided a great way to track our time and expenses in client matters. With the integrated function of automated invoices, it has cut our time spent on billing in half, and captured more billable time and expenses that we previously lost. It’s pretty easy to use, which is probably the best part.

Cons

It’s a real pain to get timed out when using the web/browser/online platform to track time. We’ve run into time where the integrated function in Outlook will clear or not save properly. But we’ve also found TimeSync and the mobile app work great in this respect. It would be even better if TimeSync and the mobile app automatically synced with the main platform so we had real-time data available (having to sync to track time or enter an expense for a new client/matter is a bit of a pain).

Clio, Rocket Matter and MyCase

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

We had to manually build/create our own invoices and manually enter time and expense entries for clients. It was ok when starting out, but in hindsight should’ve used TimeSolv a lot earlier.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

We wanted a focus on time & billing rather than practice management due to the extensive overlap and functions we would likely not implement at higher price points. TimeSolv was also extremely attentive in on-boarding, and didn’t charge additional expense to get us up to speed on how to use their product once we bought into it.
Tammy L. Tammy L.

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Awesome program

From the initial transition to current use, I have been extremely happy with TimeSolv.

Pros

TimeSolv is very user friendly. After using another legal billing software program (also had "Time" in its name) that was very user UNfriendly and constantly froze and had a long list of other issues, converting to TimeSolv was a dream. The customer support is also amazing.

Cons

That there is a difference between statements and invoices, and that all clients with balances do not automatically print (if they have not incurred new charges during the billing period at hand).

Cleo Integration Cloud

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips was horrible. Not user friendly at all and had numerous issues with software.

Sage Timeslips

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

It was priced more fairly while still providing all the desired features.
Myrna V. Myrna V.

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

TimeSolv saves time!

Overall, TimeSolv has saved a lot of time in tracking billable hours, tracking productivity, tracking expenses, and creating and sending invoices. It also captures a lot of billable hours that were not accounted for before using TimeSolv.

Pros

I like TimeSolv's competitive pricing, ease of use, simple and intuitive interface, and helpful online guides compared to other programs. I also like that TimeSolv offers a lot of online training & support, and has a phone app. They also have a 30-day trial so that users are given sufficient time to try out the software versus competitors who only have a 7-day trial. If you need extra time, contact customer support and they can give you an extra week if you're unsure or stuck between two potential products.

Cons

I wish there were more customization options for the appearance of the invoice, such as the font type, font size, and the ability to move sections around on the invoice. I would also like to see an invoice template for a simple flat fee arrangement, instead of the complicated procedure they have now.

Top TimeSolv Legal Billing Alternatives

Erika H. Erika H.

Reviewed on 19/03/2020

TimeSolv is all you need!

I love TimeSolv! I have used many other Time Entry/Billing platforms, but this is by far the most user friendly.

Pros

It is convenient and I can manipulate my client invoices to fit their individual needs. I love the time entry timer toggle - so compact on my desktop instead of leaving a webpage open to bog down my system!

Cons

I wish there was a darker variance in color, to indicate which entry you are clicking on in Invoices.

Nathan H. Nathan H.

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

Family Law Attorney

It is the best of what we've tried but it hasn't stopped us for looking for a better billing software. I'd like client interface to look more like what it looks like when I pay my credit card.

Pros

The screens are easy to navigate and the clients tend to understand their bills better than other software we've used.

Cons

With the ease of use comes some areas in billing which are not labeled in a manner that fit our family law practice well.

Kimberly C. Kimberly C.

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Affordable - Easy to use - Excellent Customer Support

As a new solo practitioner, who researched dozens of systems for months, I am glad I found an affordable solution for my time & billing and trust account needs.

Pros

Once I went through the intro training, all my time & billing and A/R and trust account needs were easily implemented and updates and the system was very easy to use. Best of all, TimeSolv's customer support - especially rep. - is practically on demand and always most helpful with any technical assistance. If they do not know the answer, they will stick with you until they find one.

Cons

Only Con so far is that the document storage system available is not efficient as all files/docs have to be uploaded one by one as opposed to a drag & drop feature or the ability to upload batches of docs/folders/files. For attorneys, this is a critical need (cloud storage and electronic record keeping), that cannot require a lot of time in a law firm. If a solution was found for that issue, I can see me being a TimeSolv user for life.

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Thank you so much for your review! One option to consider to upload multiple documents is to use our integration with Dropbox, which is free to use. Please contact support at [email protected] for more details.

Replied 05/06/2019
Randy M. Randy M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Large or Small. TimeSolv fits all!

This software tracks my time and expenses for clients and their respective projects. I enter everything as we go and at the beginning of the next month my bulling takes me maybe half an hour.

Pros

Very easy to use. Hardly any learning curve. Support is great. Pricing can't be beat!

Cons

I have absolutely nothing negate to say!

Bill4Time and OneBill

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips you have to buy when new versions come out. I can use Timesolv for 5 years for what one version of Timeslips costs. No brainer!

Sage Timeslips

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

AMERICAN SUPPORT, Features and Pricing!

TimeSolv Beat the Competition for Legal Billing Services

Pros

TimeSolv is a vast improvement relative to other timekeeping applications and services, and allows our office to keep track of billable hours easily and accurately.

Cons

More flexible use of task codes would be helpful for purposes of block billing.

Sonia B. Sonia B.

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

Great legal billing system

Pros

Timesolve is very user friendly. Easy to customize to suit particular needs

Cons

The software is great. I wish it had platform for payment on invoices.

David S. David S.

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Fantastic software

Pros

I'm a remote worker, so billing is tricky. Timesolv integrates into my practice and makes this difficult part of working much easier.

Cons

I don't really have a least with the software, I think it's really easy. I wish it could sync with Quickbooks desktop, which the rest of my firm uses.

Dawn marie B. Dawn marie B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Great value for the money

Good

Pros

Ease of use, cost and customer service

Cons

Doesn’t combine with other software easily

Jennifer E. Jennifer E.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

Wish I had found TimeSolv sooner!

Pros

TimeSolv has been absolutely unbelievable! From the first phone call the team at TimeSolv have taken care of us like we were their own family. They sincerely care about our individual firm in our small area and want to help us in whatever way they can. It is such a comfort and joy to work with TimeSolv and to know that they have our backs through this crazy time in which we live.
The program itself is clean and operates smoothly. TimeSolv helped our firm transition to their program, with very little data input by me. They took the time to understand how our office works and showed us how TimeSolv could help. Great program!

Cons

I am not unhappy with anything. So far, so good!

John C. John C.

Reviewed on 06/05/2020

TimeSolv is the Real Deal

Excellent. They are right there with help if you need it.

Pros

TimeSolv is a user-friendly, accurate, and useful solution for law firm billing. It is easy to learn and very functional. In addition, the pricing is excellent. The format for entering time is quick and intuitive.

Cons

There are a few things about how the bills print out, relating to how balances and payments are shown, that are not that clear to the clients and sometimes raise questions.

Christina W. Christina W.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 27/03/2020

Timesolv makes billing so much easier

Pros

Web based, ease to see reports and run draft invoices and review invoices

Cons

Wish had more app functionality than just being able to enter time

Traci H. Traci H.

Reviewed on 12/01/2017

Great product, used them since I started my firm 9 years ago

I love this company. They are very responsive and their product is very easy to use. If i make a mistake, they right there to help me. From the very beginning when it was just the original developer helping me even when he was all alone to the present with a full staff, they are very thorough and helpful. I have a boutique law firm and find their product very easy to use. They have all the insurance codes in the product and allow for you to enter more as i have some judges in specific departments that like their own categories for fee motions. I run bills monthly for all types of clients.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

None

Response from TimeSolv Billing

We love our customers. Your success is our passion.

Replied 12/01/2017
Tricia R. Tricia R.

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Timesolv is a great choice for a small law firm

Overall Timesolv has been a good solution for our small firm. You can access Timesolv from any computer as long as you have an internet connection. Customer support is what really makes Timeslov work for our small business. When there is a question about how to do something they are quick to respond and help. There is always a learning curve with any new software and Timesolv helps you through it with customer support.

Pros

Timesolv is easy to use and navigate. The customer support is great. We migrated from Timeslips and it was a pretty easy process. Customer support was great in helping us work through a few glitches.

Cons

Like any new software there a few things that can be a little different and hard to figure out. Customer service has always helped us in these situations.

Lexi P. Lexi P.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

Great transition over from timeslips!

Pros

This software has really improved overall efficiency for our small law practice. It is very user friendly and the app is also maximizing our work. We made the switch from timeslips and it has really changed our practice... I am excited to see where it will take us. Thank you!

Cons

I have not run into many cons about this software just yet, it is our first month

Erica A. Erica A.

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Very User Friendly

The support is fast and amazing!

Pros

Very user friendly with the ability for multiple users. Easy to navigate.

Cons

We have a unique billing system and we really wished it could do just a few more things.

Marquita T. Marquita T.

Reviewed on 15/03/2020

It's Been A Great Product

TimeSolv has been a great improvement over our firm's previous billing system and has afforded me the ease and convenience that I need for time entry.

Pros

I really like the accessibility of the software and the ability to enter and sync data via an app. It has really made entering time much more convenient.

Cons

Although I enjoy using the app, it would be nice if I was able to see everything that has been input for the month or even for a specific day.

Chelsea D. Chelsea D.

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

Excellent User-Friendly Software

Excellent Customer Support - live person who actually answers

Pros

Super easy to start using. Very intuitive and if you get stuck, just call the company!

Cons

Difficult to delete contacts/matters. However, this is probably for the best.

Elmer A. Elmer A.

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

A+

Pros

The widget on your desktop is super convenient.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this moment in time.

Brenda L. Brenda L.

Great Year

Pros

The ease and manipulation of the reports.

Cons

Occasionally I have to go back and change entries which can be difficult to figure out, luckily [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is available to help. Quickbooks sometimes doubles entries which can be tricky also.

Kelly K. Kelly K.

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Office Manager

We love it and would highly recommend it.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Our lawyers love how easy it is to enter time and love the phone app to track time on the fly! They love the calendar summary to see their daily billable totals. We love that it prints out invoices for review very quickly! The customer service is great and timely!

Cons

We would like to have more reporting features and would like reporting that can be done off of custom fields. We would like the interface to NetDocs to be re-established to cut down on the set-up process for new client and matters.

Heatherlee S. Heatherlee S.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Thank you Timsolve.

We have been very pleased with Tomesolv as well as the customer service.

Pros

We love how easily it can be used from a computer or an iPad or adding tome into the app.

Cons

That the app function does not do all the duties as the web.

Rashell R. Rashell R.

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

Pros

It is really easy to use. I am able to put the information I need in easily and I really like that.

Cons

Na I don't think there really is anything that I don't like about the product. It does what I need it do