Deel Reviews

Visit Website

About Deel

Deel is a cloud-based payroll and compliance software that simplifies international hiring for businesses of all sizes. With automated onboarding, payroll, and compliance, companies can hire anyone, anywhere in just a few...

Browse Deel Reviews

Becka
Becka
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

The best solution for our small company's global-hiring needs remains Deel

We went with Deel, even though they were slightly more expensive than comparable products, solely for their customer engagement and service factors. They have been a boon to our studio's ability to hire internationally and compliantly, and we could not have done this without them. We consider the Deel teammates assigned to our studio as a part of our overall payroll and HR team and chat with them constantly to better serve our teammates, but also to help improve the overall Deel experience for small businesses like us, who are looking to go global and tap into the talent around the world but lack the means to do it themselves.

Pros

First and foremost, the customer service is top-notch at Deel. Their teams are responsive, knowledgeable, and also self-aware enough to know when they may not have a ready answer, but they do know how to find and deliver one in a timely manner. We love the flexibility of options for hiring internationally - be it as an EOR or as a contractor but without the overhead of compliance and ensuring we're adhering to international requirements and laws we do not understand. They're also always listening to suggestions about how to provide better services and options, regardless of company size, which as a small company, we greatly appreciate.

Cons

There are still some rough edges with Deel's billing system and fully fleshing out some optionality within different countries, but while this is something we don't particularly see as a pro - the opportunity that the Deel team has taken to turn cons into wins balances these negatives out. They will work through your understanding and take suggestions -- it's never a "this is it, so deal" from them. They remain collaborative and aware of their weaknesses and areas for improvement. Sometimes billing statements aren't the clearest unless you talk to their support team to decipher them, but we've already seen updates on this front and look forward to continual improvements.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're committed to providing excellent services and appreciate your feedback.

Cynthia

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Must have tool for all remote companies

It's been easy to use and a life saver for remote work.

Pros

Deel makes compliance easy worldwide for both employees and contractors.

Cons

It is a bit pricey for having international employees.

ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Deel

Direct deposit issues with international contractors. Needed an international employee option.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Deel

The intro meeting and demo covered everything we were looking for with ease of use.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Thank you for your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with Deel! Your feedback means a lot to us and we look forward to assisting you again soon!

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Bad on all fronts

Nothing short of bad, a road full of hiccups and disaster.
it was so bad that <2 months in we started looking at switching to another provider.

Pros

1. it allows you to hire and pay remote employees in a long list of countries and comply with the local laws
2. the onboarding uploading screen of the documents needed is fairly straightforward

Cons

1. the admin has no clue where each one of his onboarding employees is at in that stage (if they have finished it , if there are bottlenecks

2. the UI is nothing short of a disaster - in order for you to try and find things like trying to resubmit expenses you need to click on your contract instead of actually have a dedicated expenses section.
it feels that it was built as an after-thought

3. we've switched from another similar tool where we thought wasn't great but Deel is a freefall (it took me to get the actual counter contract once I've signed mine digitally a week, they aren't really aware of the local legal or much of the regulations so their support isn't really helpful and disconnected form your customer success.

4. we've been on the phone with them daily for over 6 weeks now past the onboarding to try and solve so many hiccups including miscalculations from their end of payments, lack of benefit enrollment

Top Deel Alternatives

Spidergap 360 Feedback

Omnipresent

ADP Workforce Now

Suresh
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

A powerful Workforce Management Solution For Business

Pros

I like the employees engagement features
It handles business workforce management easily
It is very helpful when it comes to on-boarding and benefits administrations

Cons

With, it has been smooth. However, it is not the cheapest option available

Meimei
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

Deel makes it easy to manage contractors globally

I've had a great experience with Deel, from implementation and ongoing support.

Pros

Deel is user friendly and easy to use, and it has global coverage to streamline the process of managing contractors or employees globally.

Cons

I wish Deel could provide the local compensation data.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Antonio
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Great Payroll Tool!

Being able to pay worldwide in the same platform without having to hire an agency to do so.

Pros

It's very user friendly. Edit monthly payments by adding expenses or bonuses.

Cons

Have to enter to each profile to edit a payment to be due.

OnTop

Reasons for Switching to Deel

The other platforms were charging a % of the total monthly payment instead of a fixed priced per user.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We are delighted to hear that you found our platform easy and convenient to use. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Replied 16/08/2023
Martina
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

Great for remote payroll

It has been superb, I really like to use it

Pros

Its really easy to use, it has great security and offers great advantages

Cons

Better costumer service, chat support takes too long to reply

Response from Deel

Hi!

We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Deel. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us. We look forward to helping you in the future!

Regards,
The Deel Team.

Replied 29/08/2023
Andrea
Andrea

Ability to Manage Offshore Contractors with Ease

I have not only been extremely happy with the platform but my rep has been the biggest help! I work with [sensitive content hidden] and she is ALWAYS there to help me through roadblocks or to answer any questions. It's truly been a pleasure to have her on my side.

Pros

Deel is crucial to the management of our offshore team. It's refreshing to know that we have compliance documents auto-populated for each country and that takes the worry off our plate. It's easy to pay our team, record time off, adjust contracts, add additional contractors, etc. Overall very happy with this platform and highly recommend!

Cons

When updating a contractors pay you have to terminate the contract and start a new one - I would love to see improvement here. It would be extremely beneficial to update a contract without the hassle of ending the contract, paying the contractor off cycle then starting a new one.

Reviewed on 02/03/2024

Review Deel Services

9/10 Chat support is very helpful. The software itself is very useful.

Pros

The Perks, Deel Advance, Easy to use, Customer/Chat support is great, and overall it's a nice software.

Cons

The fees esp. that we're overseas workers and the dollar amount being deducted is big plus the exchange rate is crazy. I don't like that we cannot cash-in to Deel account with other financial platforms.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 03/02/2024

Great payroll software for remote work

Great payroll service for remote workers. Conversions are fair to generous with currency exchanged and direct deposits are lightning speed quick! 10/10 would recommend if you want your money quick into your bank

Pros

I get paid from abroad and the process of getting my money into deel and subsequently into my bank is lightning speed. Takes usually 1-8 hours for me and sometimes it’s instant! Fastest payroll online service out there.

Cons

I encountered issues when uploading receipts proof for reimbursement (under expenses) JPG files would not upload but then tried with PDF files and worked okay

Malvika

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Simple, efficient and compliant EOR service that is value for money

Deel was a great EOR partner service platform that delivered quality, value for money service throughout its course. We were extremely satisfied with the customer support team which has been ever responsive and kept up with all our queries at all odd times. Definitely a partner worth working with for all our future international hiring that require contract and payroll support

Ease of use
Simple, efficient dashboard systems
Responsive Customer Support

Cons

Over-reliance on customer support for easy doubts or query resolutions

Omnipresent

Reasons for Choosing Deel

For us the previous EOR ran into compliance issues that were affecting both invoices billed to company and consequently payroll run to employees.

Reasons for Switching to Deel

We had excellent reviews and had also good relations with team who we were to onboard last year in 2022 but ended up choosing a different partner at the time. For us the choice became simpler when the team helped customize the offering to tailor fit all our requirements while promising and delivering o the promise of remaining compliant
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

If you are small company you don't matter

They start by getting your company solely on price comparison and once you sign, the honeymoon phase ends and they disappear which is not cool when dealing with global payrolls. After 3 months of no support or answers, I switched to a competitor and I'm not coming back with them.

Pros

Initially, they show you the software and possible perks and benefits you could get for a lower price point than other competitors (The Software is not that different from all of them), while stating we would have full support which was attractive vs their cost

Cons

Once you sign, they immediately leave you alone, with no real support whatsoever and difficulties setting everything up

Papaya Global

Reasons for Switching to Deel

Only based on price point and was a HUGE mistake - cheap things are expensive on the long run
Javier
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

Simply amazing

Pros

All the different options you have to administrate your payroll are great and really easy to understand. The "Deel Card" and "Deel Advance" features are excellent.

Cons

It would be nice to have your contracts information in the same page where you see all your contracts listed (as an expandable module instead of move to another URL).

Response from Deel

Hello Javier,

Thank you very much for your glowing review, we're happy to hear how you feel about our product and the services we provide!

We're always doing our best to expand on our product and this feedback you shared on having your contracts' information all be in the same page as an expandable module is truly appreciated. This has been shared with our team to look into it for a possible future update.

You can always count on us to exceed your expectations and thank you for choosing Deel!

Replied 07/08/2023
Matias
  • Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

Amazing product

Pros

I'm a remote worker, and Deel is (almost) everything I could ask for. It's one of those tools that have a clear objective, and achieve it very effectively. My employer doesn't have to worry about how to pay me, and I can access and withdraw my money instantly and without hassle. I like the amount of options it gives me in one platform. I can access perks (which I'm currently using), I have a debit card that I can use without having to withdraw the money to my bank

Cons

I don't like the fact that we can't access physical cards. Some of us remote workers are digital nomads, or in my case for example, I travel a lot and work from neighbouring countries. It would be very helpful for me to have a physical card directly from Deel, because it's untenable to open a bank account for each country I visit. In my country of origin I'm experiencing very strong restrictions to banking, so it's difficult for me to even use my own banks in foreign countries.Another thing I don't like is the lack of options of crypto withdrawal. Coinbase is closing my account next month solely because of the fact that I'm from Argentina.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Replied 07/08/2023
Šime
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 23/08/2023

Deel review

All in all, I am quite satisfied with the Deel as a product. It works very well and is easy to use.

Pros

Deel is simple to use. Its features are easily accesible, and they work flawlessly. The payment is always received on time and is the correct amount.

Cons

Most of the deel features are excellent; however, in my opinion, the only downside is the recently introduced authorization because it takes too much time and is a bit complicated.

Response from Deel

Hello,

Thank you very much for your positive review! We're happy to hear you've been having a satisfying experience with our product.

We wish to provide you with the best possible experience, so if you have any questions about the authorization, please contact our Support team, it is always our pleasure to help.

Thank you very much for choosing Deel!

Replied 24/08/2023
Christopher
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

Time Saver

Overall, with normal day to day payments of contractor and employees things go smoothly and work really well with Deel. When there is a hiccup in that, sometimes it can be difficult to resolve. Though at this point the efficiencies improved in day to day operations and payments still outweigh the issues I've run into.

Pros

Deel setup was done well with a dedicated support person that was incredibly responsive and helpful. To get up and running went pretty smoothly. Their customer service team is very responsive and does their best to solve issues swiftly.

Cons

There are still some bugs in the software that pop up from time to time.Often teams outside of their customer service team don't have as helpful a mindset.

Pilot ERP and Greenhouse

Cost, ease of use.
Olena
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 02/06/2023

Playgendary's review

Overall experience is pleasant

Pros

User friendly interface, good customer support, flexibility with pricing policy, a lot of information on how to use Deel is available

Cons

EOR with visa support is expensive (one-off 7k+ for visa application looks over expensive)

Response from Deel

Hey therem

Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Cheers,

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

Helpful for remote contract management

Pros

We hire contractors across multiple states and countries. Deel has made it easier to onboard and pay them, as well as manage their contracts. It's nice to have everyone in one place.

Cons

The user interface can be a bit clunky at some times. Deel is constantly making updates to their platform and revising their workflows. Every update has improved the user experience so far.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Grace
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

Deel Review

Pros

Easy to use and very user friendly. A breeze to use!

Cons

There's a ghost $5 fee charged to me every time I process my payment. This is separate from the $5 you charge. In total, I'm always paying $10 to tranfer my money out of the deel account.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Please know that the additional $5 fee on your withdrawal is not a Deel fee but a fee charged by the provider. More information about withdrawal fees can be found from this help article: https://help.letsdeel.com/hc/en-gb/articles/14391381019537-About-Withdrawal-Fees

Replied 14/08/2023
leann

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

Good for first-time international payroll runners

Pros

Easy to use product that allows our company to hire internationally and compliantly. They are working on the transparency of EOR costs and I can really appreciate that. Customer service is also quick. I'd like to think that I was one of their early customers and I can definitely say they have come a good long way.

Cons

International hiring can be a headache but Deel tries their best to make it easy.

Anthony

Very positive

Pros

Ease of useVery quick implementation Customer service (shout out to [sensitive content hidden]) Was very impressed with how quickly we got our china team onboard back in December when I was out. I felt supported by the Deel team.

Cons

Future dating of existing contracts. Can’t amend a salary change until day of change

Papaya Global

Reasons for Switching to Deel

Price and had a good user experience before

Response from Deel

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Deel! We are thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with the service provided. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent support.

Replied 31/07/2023
Ivan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

A Game-Changer for Global Contractors

My overall experience with Deel has been quite positive. It's been a game-changer for my contracting gigs, offering streamlined global expansion and handling compliance in different countries, which used to be a real headache. The automated invoicing and payment options have saved me time, although I haven't tried the Deel Card yet. The user-friendly interface keeps everything organized. In summary, Deel has definitely made my contractor life smoother and more efficient.

Pros

Deel has made my life as a contractor way less complicated. It's more than just a payment platform – it's like having a friend who takes care of the boring stuff so I can focus on what I do best.

Cons

I haven't given the Deel Card a shot myself, but just looking at those transaction fees, it seems like they could pile up before you know it. Another thing I would like to use is to be able to send a transfer to NUBANK in Mexico, seems that this is not an official bank on your platform.

Response from Deel

Hello Ivan,

Replied 23/08/2023
Lizzie
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/01/2024

Aces basic functionality but little support

Pros

It did exactly what we needed it to do initially, which is administer contracts and payroll for our overseas offices. Everything works like clockwork which makes it very black and white with deadlines and therefore very easy to know what's what. Very easy to change contract details. When I was put in touch with the account manager, she was very friendly and keen to help however she could with any queries I had.

Cons

There was no support, and the support I do get is actually factually incorrect every time I manage to get hold of someone. I found myself sending gov websites to the people answering my questions to show them their answers are incorrect. One time I had a whole conversation with support and then it turned out the entire time they were looking at the wrong thing and so giving me the wrong answer, which felt typical.

Raymund Anthony
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 20/08/2023

How useful was Deel for me

Pros

The platform is useful for freelancers like me especially in receiving your salary from your client/employer. They have a number of withdrawal options for you to choose.

Cons

When I first used it, I had trouble adding my work hours. As time goes by, I was able to adapt to it and it's now easier for me to use. Hoping they can still improve it's UI so that it will be more user-friendly for new users.

Response from Deel

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using Deel. Your feedback means a lot to us! We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Best regards,
The Deel Team

Replied 21/08/2023

Reviewed on 28/07/2023

Great product and service!

Pros

Ease of use, timeliness and willingness to help find the right product and solutions for our needs.

Cons

More information for us to already have on hand instead of needing to go to support with legislation and compliance.