Google Cloud Storage Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Google Cloud Storage

Cloud Storage by Google is a data storage platform, which helps businesses of all sizes store data with multiple automatic redundancy options. Features include object versioning, data backup, geo-redundant storage, object and...

4.7

Maisarah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

Helpful cloud storage

I am working from several device like my desktop, tablet and from my smartphone. Sharing my files across my device can be done with this cloud storage. I also use it as my main backup space for recovery file and data that i linked it with my WhatsApp application.

Pros

Saving my files and documents either for personal use or business use is very easy using this software. Sending my files to other user is really secure, as only the user that i has granted permission can have access to the files and i can limit if they can only read the files, or can edit the files.

Cons

This cloud storage only can scanning for viruses for a files or documents that are less than 100 MB. If the files is more than 100MB, it will not scan it and increasing the chances that user will open files that are infected with viruses. I hope they can improve the scanning system and let it scan a larger files.

Yurie Katri
Yurie Katri
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 01/10/2022

Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Versatile Storage

Data from other systems can be used as a data source for aggregation with BigQuery. Since the direct connection to the database is NG in terms of security, you can use the data via GCS. In addition, PDF files can also be downloaded by URL, so they can be obtained via a hyperlink in the browser. It is very convenient to be able to share files while ensuring security, as it is possible to manage permissions when acquiring them.

Pros

You can easily obtain and manage repository and file information from the command line. You can
select a storage type according to the frequency of resource access. You can choose from a wide range of regions

Cons

Because there are so many functions, it takes time to get used to using it. (e.g., multi-region configuration, storage type configuration, etc.). It would be nice if there was an operation to easily concatenate files in GCS with the gsutil tool.

Amazon S3

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Storage

File information can be obtained from the CLI with gsutil, just like Unix commands. The cost can be reduced by storing files for resources that are rarely accessed.

DigitalOcean

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Storage

Raw data before importing into BigQuery is imported into BigQuery using the BQ load command in GCS. Using GCS as a data lake saves BigQuery storage fees. Compared to importing all data into BigQuery, the storage fee is reduced to approximately 1/5.
George

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Cloud storage improvement

Pros

Important tool for cloud storage, from small to medium and large size businesses. Ease of implementation, value for money to have large data storage sorted out

Cons

Could improve on customer support and choice of services available, especially for smaller businesses

Top Google Cloud Storage Alternatives

Mani Teja
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 23/04/2023

A Service For Storing: Google Cloud Storage

Anybody can store data in google cloud storage who are having google accounts.

Pros

We can store our files in google cloud storage. By using google cloud storage we can skip carrying of external drives.

Cons

If we forget authentication details we cant acces our files that are stored in google cloud stotage. Sometimes data may lost.

Tameem
Tameem

Reviewed on 20/12/2023

A life saver for our storage

Pros

Make storing and sharing our data fun and easy. I will never use flash drive again

Cons

Has limited storage space and you have to buy paid package to extend the storage

Suhaila
Suhaila
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 18/04/2021

The best for a cloud storage

I really enjoy using this software as my main storage for all my file and document. It can be access from any device as long it has a internet connection. The cost to upgrading the storage size is very competitive compared to other software.

Pros

The most impactful feature that i really like is to allow other user to have access to my files and they can download and edit the files and all the modification will be shown on the log. It is very critical so i know who has editing the files and when they do it.

Cons

There are not much integration that are compatible with this software. The text search also no responding too the result of the search is not too accurate. That the only thing that i think they need to improve to make it the leading software for cloud storage.

Ted
Ted
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Great Cloud For Daily Use

I have loved Google storage once I got into a cloud storage scheme for my many systems. I used to use separate HDD's and SSD's and it became cumbersome. This way, I have insurance I always have my stuff in the cloud. It is secure as well.

Pros

Google Cloud is great for using daily files in the cloud. It has good remote access and unifies data management so you don't have files all over different systems (I have several). I use it for stuff I use all the time and other archival stuff is stored elsewhere to keep it separate.

Cons

In the past it was resource heavy on Windows but has evolved where it is hardly noticable at least for me. I use a middle-high end systems arrangement with both old and new laptops, desktops etc. I am a creative person so I have many systems and large files I use all the time --the final products are archived elsewhere.

Noorhidayu
Noorhidayu

Reviewed on 07/06/2021

Work well as a cloud storage

Pros

Google really do a very well cloud storage service, either for the paid version or the free plan. Any user can easily use this platform, because there are no advance technical skills needed to get expert on this software. Uploading my digital assets like document, files or media to the cloud storage is very breezy and smooth.

Cons

Apart of the limited storage space for the free plan, there are not much to be dislike with this software. The pricing scheme is included in the bulk software that they offer, and can't be purchase as a stand alone software. Overall, this software is the main software that i have choose to manage and storing all my digital assets online.

Shayda
Shayda

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

Use it for Everything

Google cloud storage has created mass efficiencies for me because I've worked remotely for quite some time. I needed a place to store working documents, and this is it. I've also found it useful for personal use with my photos and other projects. Great value, so far.

Pros

I literally use google cloud storage for everything - from photos, to working documents, and as a place to archive things. It's incredibly useful, easy to use, and inexpensive/ free , depending on how much storage you need!

Cons

There are almost too many google products out there today, which can be confusing sometimes. That said, I stick to a few of the products I've found to be the most useful and have stuck to those.

Ferveez

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Google Cloud Storage

Access of documents anytime, anywhere. Google Meeting easy to setup.

Pros

Simple to deploy, very convenient access from Mobile devices.Google Meet on the go is easy.

Cons

App issue in MAC Os. Sometimes gets hanged and take a lot of time for saving. Every time you need to check your email you need to refresh to see any new email.

Stacie

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

GOOGLE Be GONE

II was satisfied until recently when I found out that Google had a breach of data On Google plus, your membership it is kind of costly if you want to stay with them and if you do not frequent visit your cloud it's a possibility that they will delete your information. My overall experience is that the service was better five years ago than it was today, and I understand about people in companies needing to make money but whatever happened to loyal customers. Google cloud was my favorite in their customer service is not that easy to get ahold of in the lengthy wait time for an answer back is somewhat ridiculous. I really hope that things can remain the same and I don't have to do a major move of all of my data, photos, and documents to a different area.

Pros

I really enjoyed and loved the fact that I could put all my pictures in one area and they would be safe and secure. I really took a liking to the cloud when it first came out because of the maximum storage that it held.

Cons

I never really had a problem with Google cloud until they limited the storage wanted to charge you more money for the storage you used to have. And just recently I've been getting emails from Google telling me that the Google cloud if I'm not in it so often that they are going to delete my things that I have stored there after about five years playing in using with the software.

OneDrive and Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Storage

I chose Google because I wanted all of my data information and storage in one area however that has changed throughout the past year.
Salvatore

Reviewed on 15/11/2021

Everything in one place no matter where I am!

I've tried numerous Cloud Storage solutions and Google's Cloud Storage beats them all. With free accounts, there are generous account limits for documents, and the documents are easily edited within Google's own suite, but the files can easily be downloaded and opened in any of the Microsoft Office programs with zero compatibility issues. In my view, Google Cloud Storage is perfect.

Pros

Uploading files to Cloud Storage is as easy as drag and drop. When I upload folders, the file organization is preserved, which saves me an immense amount of time. My files are available anywhere, and all I need to do is send another user or student a link so that they an have access to needed information. I can download files in nearly any format, and they are opened in Microsoft office with no problem.

Almost any file type is supported, though I predominantly work with Excel, DocX, and video files. It is so easy to use and share that I cannot imagine using anything else.

Cons

I cannot think of any real problems with Cloud Storage. There are occasional moments where the page may hang or stop working when uploading a particularly large file, but that is an issue that is very rare. Otherwise, Cloud Storage works very well.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Storage

I attempted to use Dropbox for quite some time, but it just did not work as quickly and was not as intuitive. With Google Cloud Storage, the drag and drop process works well, and everything loads quickly.

Dropbox Business

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Storage

Google is fast, intuitive, and easy to use.
Maria
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

Eases filing sharing

The main benefit that Google Cloud Storage brings to our company is the dependability of knowing that our documents are safeguarded.

Pros

I have yet to have problems with Google Cloud Storage. That being said I use Google Cloud Storage to share files with coworkers and we have a dedicated folder in our Google Cloud Storage for dropping in finished documents.

Cons

I would like to see an improvement in the aesthetics of the webpage by making finding things more easy.

Reasons for Choosing Google Cloud Storage

Because sharing documents through SharePoint from Microsoft can be a hassled.

Hallsy

Reviewed on 22/03/2022

Cloud Storage for Graduate Students

Cloud Storage has assisted my school and employer in having an easy method of communicating through sending and saving documents while also making it a breeze to edit, comment, and easily save important uploads that other software may miss and lose.

Pros

I believe this software is amazing at creating an easy place to upload, save, send, and create documents. It has helped students and professors easily share projects and class materials. Aside from easy sharing, this software is amazing at saving material, even as soon as a user can start typing. This has helped tremendously in avoiding losing important documents.

Cons

The only issue I have had with this software comes from having to add an email as a viewer instead of being able to immediately send a document over to them.

Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to Google Cloud Storage

Cloud Storage offers fast, efficient saving of documents while also offering tools to easily share, view, and edit.
Monique
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

Better and more complete document storage

I have not had a negative experience with the product, always answered me well and I use a lot, I am almost reaching the maximum value available in the free version, but I like the product so much that I am interested in the version pays.

Pros

I can store files through this service and host them from any computer or other devices. In addition, Google cloud offers multiple online apps without these programs to be installed on the computer.

Cons

It could have more time for the customer in free version, as they store large documents like as photos and videos.

Emma
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

I love how useful Google Storage is!

Google storage is so useful. You can create folders, organise your files in the right way. You can also share or add people into the documents easily, then monitor what people do when they are in the document. I highly recommend it.

Pros

I like being able to organise the files into folders, and then add people into each aspect of the file. Including what permission they have within it. You can add someone as an editor, or just a viewer.

Cons

I haven't found anything I don't like, other than it can be a bit slow at times when the file size is large

Tami
Tami
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Google Cloud Storage - Seamless

I love using Google Cloud Storage for all of our company's file & data storage needs because once you have things set to automatically save to the Google Cloud there are no extra steps we need to take to ensure that all of our past estimates, proposals, contracts, billing information & any media such as photos or videos of jobs that we've completed are all saved in a format that is easily revisited by either our staff in the office or our crews who are actually out working in the field. The storage software our company utilized in the past was only accessable by the main computer in our office. Therefore the office manager had to search for and then send out any information to whoever needed it. Now with Google Cloud, our staff members can easily access any information they need which eliminates the need to pull office staff from their other tasks just to look up information. Also, with the Google Cloud Storage software, our files are all very organized within the cloud & very easily searched by even our most technology challenged crews. For the office staff the fact that our files are organized so well, running reports that used to take a full day or more of of data entry & searching through old files just to set up, are now set up and ran in a matter of pushing a few buttons & mouse clicks. The amount of time and mental anguish Google Cloud Storage saves our company far out weighs the very reasonable cost associated with the software. I would recommend it to any business.

Pros

Ease of use- our files are easily accessible by anyone in our office as well as our crews in the field. The crews are even able to access necessary files from their mobile devices.
Seamless storage- all of our necessary files from the first estimate, to the proposal all the way through the contract, billing & payment info & before & after photos are all automatically organized & stored in the Google Cloud.
Reports are able to be ran in minutes vs the hours or even days it would take with our past software to run reports that weren't as informative.

Cons

The only real con I know of with the Google Cloud Storage software is that it's not compatible with our current time keeping & time management software. However this is not really a fault of Google Cloud Storage, but our own because we have not yet updated to a newer time management software. Our IT person is currently looking into our options to update the current time keeping software that will be more compatible with our Google Cloud.

Robson
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 20/07/2022

Google cloud storage is a reliable information storage

It is reliable software for securing critical information. It is security tight and safe to store your information. You are able to access the information anywhere and on any device. However, you must have internet and know the access security information. It is just an excellent information storage software.

Pros

Without a doubt, google cloud storage is best for people who value privacy and like keeping their information for as long as they possibly can like me. I like keeping my old and new information private but most vitally I like keeping it for a long period of time. Storing in a PC or USB has not been so wise for a variety of reasons. Google cloud storage has met my personality and objectives very well when comes to information because I can keep my information in the cloud and have access to it anywhere using any device for as long as I know the security credentials. How beautiful is that! Nobody can access this information without knowing the security credentials. I'm able to look at my memorable pictures and videos anytime I want to and that is interesting for me. Again, the software reminds me of my previous year's events through notifications and that just cheers me up. Growing up I would normally post all my favourite pictures on Facebook just to keep them in case I lose my mobile phone. Now, this google storage allows me to save my picture without posting them on a social media platform.

Cons

It only back up information through internet connectivity. Sometimes it just saves everything and I would wish if it could ask you as a user to keep each piece of information either a picture or a document.

Noureen
Noureen
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 01/03/2023

Hassle-free, Flexible, and Cost-effective.

Google Cloud Storage appears to be a solid option for businesses looking for a secure, scalable, and flexible cloud-based storage solution. However, as with any service, it's important for businesses to carefully evaluate their specific needs and budget to ensure that the service is the right fit for them.

Pros

Google Cloud Storage is a powerful and versatile cloud-based storage solution that offers businesses a range of benefits. One of the most significant advantages of Google Cloud Storage is its reliability. The service is designed to provide high durability for stored data, meaning that data is less likely to be lost or corrupted over time. Additionally, Google Cloud Storage is highly scalable, allowing businesses to easily expand their storage capacity as their needs grow.Advantage of Google Cloud Storage is its flexibility. The service supports multiple storage classes, including standard, nearline, and coldline, each with different pricing tiers and access speeds. This allows businesses to choose the storage option that best fits their specific needs and budget.Security is also a top priority for Google Cloud Storage. The service uses advanced encryption technologies to protect stored data, and offers a range of security features, such as access control, audit logging, and IAM (Identity and Access Management) roles. This ensures that businesses can store their data with confidence, knowing that it is well-protected against unauthorized access or data breaches.

Cons

While Google Cloud Storage offers a range of pricing options, including pay-as-you-go and discounted pricing for long-term storage, the costs can still add up quickly, especially for businesses with large amounts of data to store. Additionally, businesses may need to pay for other Google Cloud Platform services, such as networking or compute resources, to fully utilize Google Cloud Storage.

Scott

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Cloud Storage At It's Finest

I use Google Cloud Storage to fill MANY needs, from personal, to my personal businesses, to my clients. On a personal level it gives me dirt-cheap long-term and short-term file storage so that I lose absolutely NOTHING, ever. For my personal and client businesses, I have that same benefit, not to mention easy integration to my web server for backup storage retention. After my normal backup routines filled my server's 1TB RAIN drives, I saved a TON by offloading those and future backups to Google Cloud Storage rather than upgrading to a new server with even bigger drives, that would get filled in no time. This way I will never, ever run out of space!

Pros

I absolutely LOVE using cloud storage from Google - mainly because of the price and how cheap it is to provide to my clients. I also love how tight the controls are, so I can fine tune each "project/bucket" exactly how my client needs it without letting them endanger themselves. Beyond that, its level of integration is also a HUGE pro. Not only does it integrate flawlessly for pretty much ANYTHING you use from Google, but the bulk of other software vendors have integrated access to cloud storage too. I think the biggest hidden benefit is that you never, ever run out of storage space. Period.

Cons

The setup, security and deployment of cloud storage buckets is not for the faint of heart, and can be a chore even for those that are tech and web savvy.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Almost perfect!

Google Cloud is reliable and simple to use, if it wasn't for that one feature I definitely think it would be a perfect cloud storage system.

Pros

I've been using Google Cloud exclusively for my personal online storage for a few years now. It took no additional setup outside of creating a gmail address and even syncs to my phone to backup automatically. I've had no issues with files going missing or difficulty finding files that are shared with me, a problem I often have with Onedrive.

Cons

While I do prefer Google Cloud for my personal storage, there is one feature that I do prefer from Onedrive that in my opinion would make Google Cloud PERFECT. Onedrive offers optimization for photos of whiteboards, documents, etc. which makes them easier to use or read after the fact. As a student, this feature was incredibly helpful/useful and I feel like if Google implemented something like that it would completely blow Microsoft out of the water.

Joseph
Joseph
  • Industry: International Trade & Development

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Keep your Documents ever Safe and Readily Available

This is a tool that everyone needs. Not only the organizations but also individuals because data security is a paramount issue for all of us.

Pros

Every day at the workplace is a day for new data and information, while at the same time, a risk to losing the data and information stored in the computers, to viruses, malware or technical failures.
Google Cloud Storage, howeve comes to my rescue in providing unlimited storage space for my files, over the internet, such that I am no longer worried about my machines crashing or getting infected with viruses.
With Google Cloud Storage, the user gets to upload their documents to a secure database over the internet, from wherever they are, provided they can access their cloud storage account.
The user can access their files from anywhere provided they can access their cloud storage account.
This software is very cheap, giving users even a free version that one can use without having to pay for, and still back up a few GBs of data.
The business/premium version of the software, however, gives the user unlimited storage space, so that they can store every information held in their computers.
As if not all, Google Cloud Storage allows the users to clear the backed up memory from their PCs, thus creating more space in their PCs for more data. In my organization, this has boosted the speed of my computers seeing that little has to be processed from the computers' hard disks.
However, the backed up information, that is not in the PC physical storage is still as easily accessible as the information stored in the PC's drives.

Cons

Internet access is required to access the files that have been stored in Google cloud space, and therefore if the client is not connected to the internet, will not be able to access the files that are not physically stored in their computers.

Pritam
Pritam

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

GCS Secure and Reliable Storage also going to win and dominate the Cloud Storage world.

Basically have a positive experience with Google Cloud Storage. It is a secure, reliable, and scalable cloud storage solution that is easy to use and integrate.

Pros

GCS provide secure encryption in transit, access control, and auditing. It's meet user needs, regardless of how much data user need to store. It can easily integrate with any existing business and individuals.

Cons

I think it can be little bit complex to use, especially for beginners and new starters moreover pricing can be high.

Syazila
Syazila
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

Best software for cloud storing for free

Pros

Cloud Storage has been one of my main choices for cloud storing platform. It comes for free for the first 15GB of storage and the cost for expanding the cloud storage is not too expensive. It is the best place for storing both my personal and working files and document the software only need a web browser to be able to accessing my storage.

Cons

One of thing that i think that Cloud Storage can do better is by improving the file structure and to be able to organize my files based on the files type and by the people that are sharing files with me. It will making the process to categorized the files is much more better.

Jaime Valeriano

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

A Review about Google Cloud Storage of a University Education Student

Pros

What I like the most about Google Cloud Storage is the fact that it is from a well-trusted company. That is why I know that my personal information will be safe as long as I am also being careful when it comes to handling such data. My favorite features in Google Cloud Storage are: 1.) it is very easy to give access controls or permission on whatever document you have, 2.) back up and data recovery is reliable, I've been using it since I was in a freshman and now that I am in senior imagine how many phones I already switch and the only application I used for back up is Google and it never let me down ever! 3.) data synchronization is excellent, whenever a file is uploaded, it can be accessible in real time!

Cons

What I like the least is when it comes to uploading videos especially those that are videos high in GB (gigabytes). Because when I upload it, those people who are trying to play it online will need to wait first. If they can't wait they have no choice but to download the file first which is frustrating for me.