Flodesk Reviews

About Flodesk

Flodesk is an email management solution that helps businesses streamline processes related to email designing, workflow creation, content management, and more on a centralized platform. It enables staff members to create and...

4.1
3.9

Browse Flodesk Reviews

Yadah
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

It's So Pretty!

I've loved how easy it has been to create beautiful emails without having to know any code. The banding is easily done and the tutorials have been a major time-saver!

Pros

What an absolutely stunning email service provider. The templates are varied and easy to edit and tweak according to your brand colours and style. There are loads of examples to get design inspiration from and there is also the option to add your brand colours and upload your logo to your 'profile' to make email creation and design easier. The 'Academy' they offer with step-by-step tutorials on how to use the product to its full potential is fantastic and has so many tips on how to make your open rates better and how to create a visually-appealing email that will encourage readers to engage and respond. The price is also fantastic for all that it's offering, and the added benefit of becoming an affiliate and earning right alongside them is fantastic! There aren't limits to the number of emails you can send and there is no penalty for increasing your subscriber count.

Cons

It can be a bit tricky to integrate with other websites if you aren't tech-savvy (like me). Additional products, like Zapier, are required to trigger certain sequences in your funnels if Flodesk doesn't integrate natively into your website or platform. Some of the templates are very visual which can be excessive and scare way customers rather than draw them in.

ConvertKit and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Flodesk

As brilliant as MailerLite is, I like the option of not having to pay more for my 'success' as my subscriber count increases. The design capabilities of Flodesk are superior to most other email providers.

MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to Flodesk

The price is far more attractive considering the number of features included and the beautiful designs available.
Rachel
  • Industry: Fine Art

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Easy, Reliable, and Beautiful

It's been really easy to use Flodesk for email marketing—creating initial emails, email captures, email sequences, etc.

Pros

Flodesk is VERY user-friendly and just makes sense. There aren't extra buttons or links that confuse you, and you're able to easily create, edit, and send emails even if you have no email marketing experience.

In my experience, I've enjoyed reading and looking at emails sent from a Flodesk user more so than any other email—those emails look like the designer has given more thought to their email marketing and understands that text AND look are crucial to a first impression.

Cons

The image layouts (which are very beautiful) are designed for mobile viewing, so horizontal pictures often get the shaft. It's easy to use the templates and layouts, but there isn't a lot of flexibility in furthering designing with what they've already created.

If you like to stay organized with emails and content, you might get frustrated with Flodesk. You can sort campaigns and emails into folders, but it takes several clicks to do so. All emails and email campaigns are shown newest–oldest, and there isn't a way to have a "Folder View" of what you've already created or organized.

Squarespace and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Flodesk

I needed to be able to add more subscribers without getting penalized.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Flodesk

The layouts were clunky and needed more time to create a beautiful design, and the dashboard/interface was confusing to navigate at times.
JP

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

STAY FAR, FAR AWAY

I am proud to say my business complies with all international laws on email marketing and anti-spam. I set up with Flodesk and things were moving smoothly. Until I tried sending a newsletter out to my user base. With out any prior warning (I've triple-checked), Flodesk told me that my account was flagged and that they would be sending an email to me asking to provide information to ensure I was compliant.

That email never came. I had to email-blast customer support and even tweet them to ask what was going on. They replied back with one line "we reviewed your account and can no longer service your account". Asked for context or if I can provide proof. Nothing. I was ghosted. Tried reaching out to support again via email, same one-line response.

A compliant user, my account was closed and I was never told why. They did inform me that I was banned for life (not just my company but ME, like, what if I start a new venture and want to use the tool? NOPE. Banned for life.)

What's even worse is that in customer service's replies to me, they seem to take pleasure in it.

My schedule turned upside down because of this. I have to rebuild from scratch and I'm trying not to pull the rest of my hair out here.

Just in case I get a reply to this review: all of what I have said happened within the last week. No, never had repeated warnings like you have told other users they received. I AM compliant with your terms of use, I combed through it in my free time (how fun).

Pros

I loved everything about Flodesk. Would have been a customer for life. No other tool has better templates or UX. Too bad they throw users under the bus. If I wasn't enraged by my experience with the company, I'd be singing its praises. Instead, I'm trying to make sure no one I know will go through the experience I did. Stay away from Flodesk and your life will be easier (and less likely to need anger management classes).

Cons

Literally, EVERYTHING. They have the world's worst customer support. I have had to make a big stink about anything to even get a reply. When I get a reply, they are rude and condescending. It's worth infinite amounts of money and time setting up with one of their competitors to not go through that headache again.

Response from Flodesk

Hi JP, our platform can only be used to email people who have given express consent to receive marketing emails. Also, when your account is flagged and in review, you're prohibited from opening a second account. We're really sorry that you had a bad experience and wish you the best of luck.

Replied 12/04/2021

Top Flodesk Alternatives

Erin
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

From One [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to Another, Thank You

I recently went to customer support with an issue, I had received a coupon code and figured I'd need to create a new account, lose all my data and start over in order to utilize it. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fielded my email. She was prompt in her response, offered a viable resolution to my issue in which I did not have to create a new account, and said that month was on the house. I couldn't believe it. I was so floored and appreciative. I think I've become so accustomed to companies not caring and not valuing their customers that I was completely blown away by this whole situation. Because of this experience, I'm loyal to Flodesk and a raving fan.

Pros

The Flodesk design templates are so fun. I feel like they already represent my personality and don't require a ton of additional work or setup. I am not super tech-savvy either so the ease of use is amazing.

Cons

There isn't one particular thing I'd call out as a con. Any potential roadblock I've encountered with the software I've been able to overcome with the help of customer support.

ConvertKit and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Flodesk

I preferred the design aesthetic and Flodesk was recommended by several other people.

Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Flodesk

Cost, design, ease of use, referral testimonials.
Hope
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

Making Email Fun

Me communicating and nurturing my audience is important in my industry. To be able to not just do that, but enjoy it, makes the work seem less like work. I truly enjoy resonating and connecting with my community because Flodesk made it easy to do so.

Pros

I love how easy it is to make the emails beautiful. Using Flodesk brought back the fun to communicating with my audience. It's all so user-friendly and intuitive that you're able to focus on the writing more than the setup.

Cons

I do wish the segmenting and workflow funnels had a bit more features. ...particularly more control over the conditions and actions features within the workflow. I also with there were conditions you could place within bulk emails.

Destiny
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

The BEST email platform EVER!

Everything from the account set up to the concept and design implementation to the functional features and accessibility of use is absolutely AMAZING! *Heart Eyes*

Pros

Absolutely LOVE everything about Flodesk!

Cons

We only wish it was interfaced with adding directly to websites with Squarespace without code. But, since we're still able to integrate and share our email pop up forms + links from Flodesk – It's okay! Perhaps this feature will be made available in the future!

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 02/02/2023

Flodesk is aesthetically pleasing email software with a few quirks

Flodesk is great for beginner businesses or businesses who want to use a beautiful software to send aesthetically pleasing emails and run simple automations/workflows. Anything more complex or robust, and you need to go to another platform.

Pros

Flodesk has a user interface that is incredibly easy to use, intuitive, and even soothing. They have gentle, encouraging comments in between transferring you to different pages. Also, Flodesk has gorgeous, easy-to-use email templates. I haven't found another platform that is easier. Plus, Flodesk has a monthly payment for unlimited subscribers, which is phenomenal and affordable.

Cons

Flodesk lacks a lot of granular data. If you're looking to manage intricate onboarding sequences, sales campaigns, or the like, this is not your software. Even though you can do it, the workflows can be glitchy and lack some of the options of more robust email platforms. Also, Flodesk has a few quirks about management list subscribers that make it challenging to scrub and segment your list effectively.

Rebecca

Reviewed on 13/10/2023

Flodesk Review

Flodesk is one of the most important pieces of software in my business and the one I use most regularly to connect with customers. It has allowed me to form more personal connections with my followers/ customers.

Pros

The best thing about Flodesk is the ease of use which is great if you're not particularly tech savvy. There's an online Facebook group for help with features and also online tutorials and help is always given quickly and in the group is personalised to your particular need.The other great thing about Flodesk is the templates/ designs - which just look beautiful compared to most others out there. Makes you actually enjoy writing emails!

Cons

There are certain applications that Flodesk doesn't yet integrate with, or integration is clunky, which can prove challenging in some cases, depending upon your particicular business needs.

Carol

Reviewed on 24/07/2022

Beautiful templates and attractive price, but limited features

While I really loved Flodesk's process of allowing us to create beautiful emails fast, their lack of features and integrations with other tools did not make it a viable solution for me. I would recommend it to those who are just starting out and don't need as much advanced features, but for those who need a serious email marketing platform I would probably recommend you take a look at some other options.

Pros

Flodesk has the most aesthetic email templates I've seen among all popular email marketing services. It's also very easy to use their email editor to customize the templates to your needs. The flat rate pricing is also a very attractive offer so if you have a large email list, switching over to Flodesk will save a lot of money.

Cons

The biggest drawback of Flodesk is the lack of flexibility. It is still a new and growing service, and unfortunately it is quite slow at progressing. Because of this, what you can accomplish with Flodesk can be quite limiting - especially if you need more advanced automations or you need integrations with other platforms and tools. For example, the only way to integrate with other tools that you your business through is with Flodesk's one sole integration with Zapier. This is probably the biggest con, since trying to use Zapier for every task can get very expensive quickly.

Scott
Scott
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 28/12/2020

It really is a public access BETA

I'm neutral about my Flodesk experience. The two issues I've mentioned have left a very negative aftertaste, but compared to the costs of other services for what you get, it may be worth putting up with them to save money.

Pros

Flodesk allows you to create beautiful emails with their templates or drag-and-drop options. The pricing is very lucrative for users given it includes unlimited users and emails. If you can find a user to give you a referral code, it becomes even better at 50% off the published rate for life.

Cons

I have two issues with Flodesk. First, they have expanded beyond their ability to provide good customer service. Any time you upload a new list of users, you must send in your opt-in records to their compliance team for them to verify they actually signed up "to protect your sender reputation." They promise a 48 business hour turn around but in truth, it can take weeks. Meanwhile, they suspend your ability to send any emails to anyone who was already listed.
The second issue is their lack of customization. While the emails you can create look good, they limit what you can do to fully customize them. They choose to focus on optimizing the editing tools instead of allowing customization.

Response from Flodesk

Hi Scott, Thanks for your review. We're so glad you enjoy the templates and email builder. We recently streamlined our list upload/review process so that you can now send emails to your other lists while any new lists are under review. As we're a small team and still in beta, we so appreciate your feedback. Thanks for being a Flodesk member!

Replied 19/02/2021
Mandy
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

Let the Awesome Emails Flo

I have seen a huge decrease in unsubscribes since using Flodeksk! It has saved me time and stress while increasing opens and sales. Their customer support is next-level.

Pros

I LOVE Flodesk's email templates. Everything is customizable, and they make it so easy to reflect my brand in the emails I send out. Their workflow capabilities are more advanced than other software, so it doesn't take a technology degree just to create a welcome sequence. They offer great education and integrations/transfers (my switch from Mailchimp was seamless and completed in less than 15 minutes), so it is easy to get started. I also so appreciate their auto-save feature, so I don't lose emails and workflows even if I have a computer crash!

Cons

One of the reasons we chose Flodesk was for the ability to have a Flodesk email popup on our Shopify website, which we are struggling to make happen. Some of Flodesk's reporting is also slightly less robust than their competitors, but that is something I knew from the beginning and it hasn't impacted us much.

Diana
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

There's no excuse to not have email marketing if you use Flodesk!

Pros

Flodesk makes mass emailing so easy. The templates are so easy to use and they're BEAUTIFUL. You can brand each and every email. The team at Flodesk is so helpful and has a quick response. The workflows are easy to set up as well. There's really no excuse at all, to not have email marketing in your business if you use Flodesk.

Cons

There's limited ability in what you can do within the templates themselves. If you're use to designing your own, that's not an option. But what IS there, I absolutely love and haven't found a need for other templates.

Carolyn
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

Incredible Customer Support and Help

It's been amazing and I'm so excited to have my customers experience information from me in this way.

Pros

IT is certainly not my strength! As Flodesk is brand new for me, I've had many questions during the initial months as I have been getting used to it. I have reached out to Customer Support on numerous occasions and had incredible help and support from their staff member Sam. To be honest, I've never experienced this level of support and help with anything else in my entire life. I'll be a lifelong customer now...

Cons

Nothing yet! Everything looks amazing, it is easy to navigate too

Monica
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

Do NOT use FloDesk Checkouts

See above.

Pros

Their Checkout system is not good. I have thousands in sales on my Checkout but due to glitches in their system I have not been able to receive payments and their team hasn't helped me resolve the issue. There is a few days between each email from them and they keep saying the exact same thing!! So frustrating. The service is terrible.

Cons

Customer service. I don't think they know how to resolve the payments issue Im having. They are holding the payments I've received and keep saying the banking info has been entered incorrectly when its exactly the same info I've successfully used with Stripe....This is a warning to others to avoid this issue! FloDesk Checkout is new and doesn't work..They still haven't told me how they'll help me receive the payments I've earned after two months of back and forth.

Elizabeth
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

I like it so far...

Overall I am happy with Flodesk. I know they are a new company and are still developing their features. I have so far had an easy set up experience and I do absolutely love their designs and the ease of use of my brand colors.

Pros

So far, only about a month in, my favorite part is the design. I don't think it's possible to make an ugly email with flodesk! The set up was easy and I didn't run into any tech glitches personally. I like the unique font choices and template layouts! I love that I could upload my brand colors and logo and they are easy to find and easy to use in the designer.

Cons

I was actually suprised there weren't more features. I signed on because I was told they were a highly customizable platform. In reality, when you are working with their layouts, while they are beautiful you have no ability to adjust photo placement or size which I thought was odd. I also haven't had any personal tech glitches but from forums I looked through it seems like others have had a lot of problems and that customer service isn't always easy to deal with. Finally, I don't like that I can't give multiple users access to the same account.

Squarespace and Mailchimp

Recommendations from people I trust

Response from Flodesk

Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you so much for your review! Helping small business owners like you be more successful with beautiful design and easy-to-use tools is our #1 priority. If you ever have a feature request, please do let us know at https://forms.clickup.com/f/3h79r-679/FXJ51JDEMWP43VN3CC. And if you ever need support, our Member Experience team is just an email away at [email protected]. Thanks!

Replied 19/02/2021
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Impossible to get live

During a process of reviewing our email platforms we were recommended Flodesk. We immediately signed up and built some flows.
Before going live we were required to prove our opt-ins, which they ask for in a file that isn't protected. They ask this to prove opt-in which we have provided, however after 3 weeks we got nowhere and the account want cancelled.
During this time the account the person who recommended us Flodesk was also cancelled (which was being used to send transactional emails). She had been using the platform for months and has received o support or confirmation her clients data has been deleted.

The risk is way too high for any business that relies on emails as a marketing medium. We will be continuing with one of the major providers. Potetially good for businesses that have very small email lists.

Pros

Simple interface makes creating journies easy, great price

Cons

Setup: getting customer service to approve your account and email lists they ask for very private data for every record, but still don't approve...

Word of mouth.

Response from Flodesk

Thanks so much for your feedback. We review all manually imported subscribers to ensure compliance with anti-spam regulations worldwide. Specifically, we make sure our members legally acquired these newly uploaded lists and have express permission from subscribers to send email marketing. These security measures are in place to protect your deliverability and sender reputation. We're sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal. To clarify, our team does need to hear back from you on the list review process to approve your manually uploaded lists. Please rest assured we would never cancel an account or delete a member's data without letting them know beforehand.

Replied 23/02/2021
Robin
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

I love Flodesk!

Flodesk made it easy for me to get started with email marketing. While I'm aware of free options out there, I continue to stick with Flodesk because I'm so happy with it (and I got in on the beta pricing, so it's a great deal).

Pros

I joined Flodesk near the beginning of their beta period so the features were very basic so it made it easy to use and learn the new features as they rolled out. I love the beautiful templates they provide and their unique system of using segments instead of tags.

Cons

There have been some glitchy things and features missing, but that's to be expected during beta when they're still developing it. I really haven't had any major complaints and any questions or issues I've had have been answered by support.

Molly
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 06/03/2021

Re-inspired my email marketing

Pros

Flodesk makes it easy for me to send out beautiful, branded emails to my audience that they love. I was feeling burned out on email marketing and Flodesk’s designs and ease of use re-inspired me. And my audience appreciated and often responds to my emails. And my open rates have tripled since switching to Flodesk.

Cons

I have very few complaints about Flodesk. With any software that is new-ish, there may be some growing pains or glitches, but I personally have never had any issues with my sending/creating of emails to my list.

Lori
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 23/11/2023

I Finally Am Happy With My Newsletter Provider

I'm very happy with Flodesk, after trying about a half a dozen other newsletter providers that either didn't work well, or that were too expensive.

Pros

I had used many others before. For one, Flodesk offers unlimited for a single monthly fee that more than reasonable. For another, they don't throttle the emails, and allows me to make many segments. It's also easy to customize the email templates.

Cons

The one issue I don't like is they only allow 2 from emails. I use a generic one with "Author Newsletter" in the from field to be able to use it with multiple lists.

Kent
Kent

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

Solid

Wonderful customer support. My emails are in a really good place and that feeling is really nice.

Pros

I can bring my ideas to the table and the software makes it beautiful. That effortless feeling is really nice

Cons

Onboarding was complicated at first as learning any new software is. Once you get the hang of the layout and UI it's lovely.

Kait
  • Industry: Fine Art

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

Amazing resource for small business owners

Through using Flodesk, I was able to realize that I really have a gift for story telling that translates well to email marketing.

Pros

I love the "what you see is what you get" design features. The templates are beautiful and make designing so much easier, especially as an artist—I want my emails to feel like they belong with the paintings I create! The team is also very responsive. I've seen how much they've grown having started using the software early on in beta and am very happy with the core features they continue to improve upon to make the user experience even better (adding brand colors, folders for organizing, updated template library, resend to unopens, new metric dashboard, etc).

Cons

Can my least favorite thing be that I don't utilize it to it's full potential? I love everything about it. The only thing I don't like is that I am busy enough that I haven't spent enough time exploring and building up my list.

Amanda

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

Flodesk wins every time

I've used many email marketing tools in the past, but Flodesk has been by far my favorite. We recommend all of our clients to use it too.

Pros

Flodesk has great layouts that make it easy to put together beautiful emails. Their customer service is always willing to help.

Cons

It's missing some advanced features that other software platforms currently have, but they seem to always be improving.

Rubab
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Best convenient way of connecting with Clients

Pros

Minimal interface/ease of use/user friendly

Cons

limited layout/blocks, not a con - would be nice to have more layout options / new options.

Muhammad

Reviewed on 05/09/2022

Great, easy and Powerful software

My overall experience have been positive. I love this software. there is no excuse of this software.

Pros

it is very easy for use and user friendly software. I have been loved for this software for how make to email beautiful. ease of use and excellent template option, great tools and simple dashboard. it is professional designed and standard.

Cons

it is surprised weren't feature. it is limited ability in what you can do within template themselves.

Becky
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 27/10/2023

Flo those mails

It integrates into shopify e-commerce site easily.

Pros

Email’s look professional and engaging. It has all the features you need.

Cons

Some of the templates are lame. And could be updated.