Maximizer CRM Reviews

About Maximizer CRM

Maximizer CRM is a powerful solution specifically designed for sales. We understand the unique challenges faced by sales managers and sales teams. That's why we provide a game-changing alternative to complex CRM solutions and...

3.8

Tammy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

Maximizer user review

We decided to stick with Maximizer and upgraded to the newest version mainly because it was an easier transition with the least amount of error is transferring all of our customer info. We also like the fact that it is a cloud based software so that we can access it from anywhere and no longer face the terror of losing all of our info if our computer were to crash.

Pros

I recently upgraded from a very old version and appreciate how easy the transition was and how similar they have kept the product.

Cons

There are a lot of upgraded features, which is great, but I find I definitely need to take the courses. Which is a great feature that they offer.

Adrian

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

Maximizer CRM for Financial Advisors

Client relationships are the heart of our business. Maximizer makes the managing of these relationships easy and limits things "falling through the cracks".

Pros

Once we had imported our current clients, Maximizer was incredibly easy to use. It's well laid out, and its simplicity belies an underlying ability to do complex things. I love the fact that it integrates really well with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.

Cons

I can't think of a true "con" for Maximizer. It's always being updated and features added so it's never stale.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Adrian,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive Maximizer experience with us! We're so happy to hear that we've helped make managing client relationships easier for you and reduce the amount of missed opportunities.

Looking forward to helping your organization continue to thrive!

Replied 01/11/2022
Brad

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Max CRM Review

Its ok. What really put me off is every time you need some assistance they turn it into a huge billable hour exercise. Talk about ripping off your customers.

Pros

The product out of the box works for what we need, I have the advisor template on mine and it still has the design on selling, and the sales process. This inst the focus of the average advisor. This does the basic features required. however it certainly isn't what it could be.

Cons

It doesn't have the ability to track products well. It took leads tab and renamed it opportunities and felt that was a improvement. it wasn't. We end up using a global note to record and track all items a client has with us.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Brad,

Thank you for leaving a review of Maximizer. It's always great to hear feedback from our customers and gauge where we can improve.

If there is something we aren't doing well to fit into your workflow I would love to discuss.

I feel that you have had somewhat of an off-putting experience due to particular charges, perhaps changes in your software?

I would love to discuss and help design a workflow that benefits you.

Please reach out to: [email protected] and let them know you would like to discuss the set-up of your Maximizer CRM and we will get a Customer Success Manager on a call to discuss and plan a path forward.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Excel-to-Word Document Automation

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Maximizer makes my life better

Positive, but the more I use it the more I want more custom items. Maybe they exist and I don't know about them.

Pros

Search function and auto formatting of phone numbers etc. Keeps our contacts organized.

Cons

Lack of customization. Would like to add if else statements to enable/disable options based on earlier options. Would like more flexibility to create rules. I have to search for contacts with incorrect information on the regular

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Andrew,

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us—we really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve.

I have shared your feedback directly with our Product Manager to address these challenges. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process.

Replied 15/02/2023
Sue Lynn

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Incredible CRM!

Over the last few decades it has help improve my career because of the tracking and flexibility of the design. I couldn't recommend a better CRM.

Pros

The best feature is that you can design it to work best for your field, the user defined fields are very important in a specialty or unique business.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say, I've been using this software for over 20 years! it's awesome!

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Sue Lynn,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with Maximizer over the past 20 years!

We're so happy that our fully customizable fields have made it easy for Maximizer to fit in with your business process.

Looking forward to helping your organization continue to thrive for many more years.

Replied 07/11/2022
Clint

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Maximizer CRM

Maximizer CRM really helps sort and store all our contacts in a central location, making life very easy for all users. Finding someone's details is a few clicks away.

Pros

- Super easy to use
- Web Access version is really light-weight and as comprehensive as the application
- Helps will efficiency across the business

Cons

- The search feature isn't as smart as you'd like it to be

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Clint, thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts.

We're happy to hear your business is benefiting from using Maximizer. I can assure you we are always working on ways to improve the functionality of the software.

I have passed your feedback regarding the search feature to our product development team to look into.

Best regards,

Replied 01/04/2019
Lorraine
Lorraine

Reviewed on 08/08/2018

Mostly happy

Pros

Its pretty easy to get the basic to work and it's response times are greatly improved. Service is much much better than a few years ago.

Cons

templates for notes and sending e-mail confirmations is limited to what you can include. Can't use snipit type programs to copy info to Max files. Organizing notes and files is very awkward so we have resorted to keeping then in client files in BOx.com

Samson
Samson
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

OK for smaller companies, Support cost can be an issue

I think this product is more suited for small to medium size businesses. They have been in the CRM business for 25+ years, they know their product well. But also because of this, their interfaces are less modern compare with other bigger players like Salesforce (although they are improving it slowly)

Pros

- Maximizer has been in business for 25+ years.
- Compare with other newer CRMs these days, the learning curve to this product is lower.
- Email integration is great and speedy.
- nice to see they have tried to upgrade their interface with a more modern looking
- being a smaller CRM player, they are more willing to work with the clients closely.

Cons

- lack of language supported (only English)
- Support on Apple is not as good (some features not working)
- Support from Maximizer is good, but it might come with a charge

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Samson,

Thanks for leaving a review! While we're ecstatic to hear you're comments it looks as though we may have missed the mark in some other key areas.

When it comes to language integration, we do have others available and support is free of charge. We can also help you through your Apple integrations.

Feel free to reach out to us at: 866-275-1254 or [email protected]

We would love to help you through your Maximizer journey.

Warm regards,

Replied 14/08/2019
Leanne
Leanne

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Pros

I like how easy it is to organize different groups of contacts and export information

Cons

I do not like how there is a maximum number of characters for an action, and I also don't like how there isn't an easy way to make a recurring action.

Andy
Andy
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Financial Advisor

Pros

Action plans, team calendar management, UDFs, dashboards.

Cons

It feels like there is a lot of functionality available that we have not yet tapped, it would be nice if there was more sophisticated support available to us.

Craig

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

CRM - A need, not a want!

We were looking to consolidate our customers into one central location to understand our marketplace better, focus on their needs and wants, which would be accessible to the whole sales team. To turn data into high value information by tracking the opportunities the business attracts and managing prospect’s expectations to convert more opportunities into wins. We can now see in real time how all of our opportunities are progressing. We also have automated reports in our Dashboard module showing the business’s sales performance and pipeline, which allows us to focus on each individual opportunity without any being left unnurtured. We have now linked our CRM with Mailchimp to allow for focused marketing campaigns based on the data we add to the Address Book. We now have a clear sales process that can be tracked with clear ‘what’s next’ actions to implement.

Pros

We needed a solution to move away from paper / spreadsheets for our customer database and whilst all CRM packages do this Maximizer gave us the bespoke nature to take control and not have an out of the box solution. The opportunity module is by far my favourite feature as now I can provide the Board with snapshots of our entire pipeline, weighted or not, which sector / products and track each opportunity on their own merits and assign the time and resources to achievable projects.

Cons

Very busy main screen for some users and dashboard is a tad frustrating sometimes, Insights would be nice but that feature is too expensive.

Maximized for small companies

I use Maximizer as a contact manager with category tracking of contacts. I don’t use sales leads or opportunities as I find their use to be a little cumbersome for what we do and do see the value. I use it because it’s what I’ve used for years. It has features that are valuable to me, but it would be nice to know I could integrate a second or third user to share info. However, for an add on user to share my data, I would likely go to other products due to the challenges with implementation for less tech savvy users.

Pros

The things I like most about Maximizer is the customizability and user defined fields. The ability to set up my crm to look and function exactly the way I want is superior to many other products. Also, then unlimited contacts for the subscription surpasses the value vs the more main stream cloud based crm that charge per contact.

Cons

Integrated apps don’t function seamlessly or are limited. Additionally, the custom features can be tricky to set up if you are not super familiar with the platform. I’ve been using this for 23 years and have grown with the features, but I still have issues finding ways to accomplish setup tasks. Last, at least some monthly customer service should be included with the subscription. Most other paid services provide this.

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

CESCO MAXIMIZER REVIEW

Pros

Good data base and records keeping ... allows instant recall of important information.

Cons

THIS IS LUDICROUS ! I really cannot believe you did this in the new version ( cloud ) vs. the old version. USER DEFINED FIELDS ... must be entered for EVERY CONTACT NAME despite the fact they generally remain the same for the ADDRESS ENTRY ! An address entry ( Company ) may have many employees and the UDF for the company remains the same IE customer / supplier / competitor etc. For every contact name you must go in and enter all of the data in UDF for each one. This is a complete time waster ! Once you make a new address entry and then enter contacts under that name, the UDF should remain there unless there is an exception. THIS IS ANNOYING TO THE ULITMATE EXTENT !!!!! Imagine entering a corporation and having to do the UDF for every person ! THE OLD VERSION DID MAINTAIN THIS INFORMATION ... This is the most disturbing time waster in the new software and I have advised our I T supplier of this many times.

Chrissy

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Great Product to Keep Your Business Running Smoothly

Maximizer is a very important part of our day, we check it to see what tasks we have coming up, have completed, and what we are waiting for. It makes our day run smoothly and keeps everyone on track.

Pros

The features I like about Maximizer is that it is easy to use. There are many features that we use to keep the company running smoothly, even if someone is on holidays. You can add their tasks to yours so you know what needs to be done while they are away. The program keeps the client's files secure and easy to access when looking for a form. The customer service is wonderful and fast in helping find solutions.

Cons

There isn't much negative I can say. I don't use alot of the features, because I don't have time to just play around and see what else I could use to help with efficiency.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Chrissy,

Thank you for leaving a 5-Stars review. At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better. Looking forward to continuing to serve you!

Maximizer Team

Replied 28/07/2022
Greg

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Maximizer review

Maximizer really helps me to keep track of all the important personal and relevant business information for my clients and I can easily reference this information when I am talking with my clients. It's a great place to store my notes and I always quickly look over my client information on Maximizer before any client meeting to refresh my memory on everything I know about them.

Pros

I like how I can quickly access all of the information I have gathered on my clients and that it is categorized in easy to see areas.

Cons

I find the software a little clunky to use and I often have difficulty editing things how I would like it. For example, I would like to be able to edit some of the drop-down box options to delete options I never use and add things that I would. For example, in the notes section, I would like to have a category in the drop-down box for "withdrawal" but there is no such option and I cannot edit it to add something myself.

Shelley

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Have used for over 10+ years have been very pleased no reason to change

Pros

Cloud based … confident in their security features

Cons

Price for smaller offices

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Shelley,

Thank you very much for sharing your Maximizer experience with us! We look forward to continue to work with your organization.

Replied 29/07/2022

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Daily necessity of my business

I keep detailed client meeting notes, important dates and follow-ups are automatic. I don't personally utilize the email integration within Maximizer, and hope that some day soon Maximizer will release functionality with MacOS for Outlook Integration, as this would be a huge pro for my business / work-day.

Pros

Customizable to your businesses needs and functions. Organization of all client data and notes. Follow up functionality, and searchable User Defined Fields a huge asset. Access from web/cloud based from anywhere.

Cons

Outlook integration compatibility does not work with MacOS which is a huge negative for me. The Windows Outlook & Word compatibility is seamless though.

Response from Maximizer Software

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We're happy to hear Maximizer is having such a positive impact on your business, and want to assure you we are working on improving the Outlook MacOS integration.

Replied 21/03/2019
Ryan

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

HMECU - Maximizer CRM Review

It's been fantastic. I don't know how our department functioned without the use of a CRM system but very grateful we are able to utilize Maximizer as it makes tracking things so much easier.

Pros

I love the ease of use - very simple to train a new employee on how it functions in our day to day tasks. It's critical to our success that we have notes and data available quickly and Maximizer ticks all the boxes. The company is extremely pleased with the purchase thus far.

Cons

I feel like the Administration tab could be a bit more user friendly. Had some trouble starting out but the videos on the Youtube channel were helpful. Just time consuming to explain to another member of the team.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're delighted to hear that you and your team find Maximizer easy to use and train new team members on.

Looking forward to helping your organization continue to thrive!

Replied 17/10/2022

Upgrades

Pros

After many years, we upgraded our on-premise version and the way the tech installed it, it grew out of proportion and blew up our server. After a lot of conversations with their support team, we eventually got things up and running again on a new server and this time it didn't grow so big.

Then we decided to move to the cloud version. While our database wasn't that big, for some reason our files still were. But their conversion team worked wonders and brought it down to a manageable size again so we weren't paying a fortune for data size. The training was better this time as well as the support team.

Cons

Can't sort UDFs or search for things that were easier to do with our on-premise version.

Adam
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

A good online CRM system with some nice features.

It's a good system. I've used Salesforce at a previous company. I prefer Maximizer.

Pros

Sync to Outlook is very helpful to pull in emails. Sync to Word is also good for samples.

Cons

I think I liked it better when email sync went to documents instead of "Interactions". Now I have to click on an extra tab each time to get both documents and emails.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Adam,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with uswe really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve.

I have shared your feedback re: your preference for email sync directly with our Product Manager. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process.

Replied 09/08/2022
Penney
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

Investor business review

Overall experience has been excellent. I can't imagine doing business without it.

Pros

I really like the client data base features. It allows easy access to all our client information. The outlook integration is an excellent feature, and we can save all our correspondence to the data base. We send a newsletter to all our clients through maximizer which is very easy to do.

Cons

The only struggle I've had is reading the manual when trying to trouble shoot as it doesn't always list the steps as clearly as I would like. For instance when adding a field. I do finally get there and when I've run into problems the support team have been excellent.

Reviewed on 24/04/2019

Flexible, but can be time consuming to set up

My overall experience has been good with Maximizer. Now that it is set up the way I want, I have little to complain about, but I would suggest that they should have a very basic initial set up, with users adding fields as needed. What I found was that there were 1000's of fields to choose your set up from, and I ended up deleting a lot of them just to reduce clutter.

Pros

The software allows you to build a very strong relationship management process for your clients. You can customize virtually everything, and there is very little you can't do with the software. It is unlikely you will have a need that it cannot meet.

Cons

The software does not come out of the box in a user friendly fashion. It also isn't intuitive to make changes, and in my experience it comes with too many pre-sets which feels overwhelming. It can take quite a long time to get things trimmed down to what you need, and then grow it from there. The dashboard features are also extremely ugly and I have not found much of a use for them.

Chuck
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Maximizer Review

I ended up going back to my old version of Maximizer as I found it a lot more effective and user friendly. I informed Maximizer that I was dong this and asked for someone to provide me with a copy of my information from the latest Maximizer system. This they would only do if I paid them additional money to do this. I also contacted technical support to explain my annoyance. No-one responded. So I sent an e-mail to the supervisor as shown below. I did not get any response back from them on that. I would not consider using Maximizer again. I had been a loyal customer for over 20 years.
Hello Supervisor,

Just wanted to pass on my comment. Your team are not responding to my last 2 e-mails. I do find that disappointing.
I have been a customer upgrading my programs as they came available for over 20 years.
I chose not to upgrade as I am not as happy with the latest cloud version of Maximizer.
I have gone back to using my older Maximizer CRM 12 that I found was better and easier to use for my needs.
Should I be forced to upgrade when my computer will need to be upgraded then your service response makes me question whether I will consider Maximizer.

Pros

I found it took too much time to get training on this system.

Cons

It was not an easy transition from my previous Maximizer. I found it difficult to use and even the technical support people could not always answer questions that I had.

Alex
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Solid CRM tool

Pros

This is the one and only CRM tool you'll need whether you're running a public office or a private business. Even journalists will find this tool handy for finding the right contacts and quickly putting a story together.

Cons

Canadian company but charges US dollars.

Basecamp

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Alex,

Maximizer Team

Replied 03/01/2023
Kathryn
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Doesn't work in all settings

We use it as a CRM for clients accessing a service - so not a sales function

Pros

Can access online (if using the right browsers) - so don't have to have it installed on your device.
Fairly easy to navigate as a user.

Cons

Doesn't work in Safari?
Formatting of emails often goes wrong
Very clunky looking
I only have experience of it as a user though

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for leaving a review of Maximizer! Here at Maximizer we value Customer Experience and I notice you are having issues with Safari.

Please feel free to reach out to our support team: [email protected]

They will be able to help get you up and running or if needed, get an issue in front of our product team so we can get you using Maximizer as would work best for you!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Adam Wilson