About Rain POS

Rain is an all-in-one point-of-sale, website, and marketing system for small to midsized retailers. Music, dive, sporting goods, paddle, craft, sewing, quilting, and clothing boutiques will find Rain is an excellent fit for...

Browse Rain POS Reviews

105 of 173,880 reviews
Laura R.

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Rain POS for Yarn Stores

No point of sale system is perfect. But we are happy with the functionality and effectiveness of Rain. The fact that Rain is continually improving and updating their system has only increased our satisfaction over the years.

Pros

We have used Rain POS (Like Sew) for over five years and are very satisfied with it. We love that our website (recently upgraded by Rain) integrates with our POS, keeping our inventory numbers accurate. The Point of Sale is very user friendly. Reporting is decent. The website is simple to update.

Cons

While there are sometimes reporting issues or technical issues, Rain has an easy process in place to report problems online or by phone, and they are generally responsive in a timely manner. Rain also has a method to make suggestions on how to change or update the POS/website. I appreciate that they are willing to take our suggestions!

I do wish there was a report for Items Received; it would be nice to be able to create custom reports.

The only major issue we have with Rain is when the system crashes - either because our internet goes out (in which case we are able to use our iPads on cellular to ring up customers) or because Rain goes down. Luckily, this is very rare! And when it's Rain's issue, it is usually remedied quickly.

Finally, it would be great if Rain integrated with Sage Accounting software. We have to manually transfer data from Rain's reports into Sage Accounting. This is time consuming.

Shopify

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

We wanted to integrate our website and our point of sale system.
Lisa W.

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

LikeSew works for my retail quilt shop

The main reason I implemented the POS option was to help me with inventory control. Prior to using POS I didn't know how much inventory was in stock and therefore I was receiving orders for inventory that I didn't have.

Pros

I think the customer service is very good. Recently I wanted my homepage to be updated and revamped. They worked very quickly and efficiently with me to get give it a new look and within a few days I had a website looks very modern and professional. Also, I really like the marketing package. I used the POS for several years before adding the marketing feature. I like the automatic emails that it sends to my customers every week. Also, My website is easier to use from a cell phone now. It's worth paying the extra money for each month.

Cons

I do not like the way the inventory receiving works. It is supposed to be integrated with some of my vendors but doesn't seem to be complete or accurate. Also, I really wish that the email marketing was easier to use and more robust.

Andrea E.

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Tons of features packed into one POS system, great customer support.

Pros

Rain has tons of features, and for a music store that sells, rents, and repairs instruments, and also does lessons, there are a lot of things we need software for. With Rain, we can do most of it in one place, whereas in the past, we've had to have a system for this, something different for this, and something different for that also. It's a huge time saver and much less confusing to be able to do everything we need to do in one place. And the website is clean and easy to customize. Customer service is super easy to get in touch with and great to work with.

Cons

There are still a few bugs in this software. While the customer support guys are good about listening and working on fixes, there are still some small annoying things. For instance, when you delete a product from the Categories page, it does not direct you back to the Categories page, but rather the Products page. There's also not an easy way to move products into different categories in bulk. You either have to open each product manually, or you have to export the info to a spreadsheet.

Top Rain POS Alternatives

Lance R.

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

Rain POS

Pros

This is a great program that integrates a point of sale program with a website store that keep inventory stock levels on the website. The basics functions are easy to use and learn.

Cons

Rain POS needs to make some of the reporting more functional so that you can see product sales easier and for a monthly and yearly sense.

Michael B.

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Does what I need and more.

Our experience has been excellent. We were up and running the day we opened the doors. This is our first and only experience with POS but I cannot imagine needing anything more. The cloud based system lets me access information from anywhere I have WiFi access. No fear of losing our system due to damage or theft of equipment. Overall I find it very affordable and could not imagine being without Rain POS now.

Pros

The support we received from the rain team in getting started with a POS system. None of my team had any experience with POS and they made the transition easy. We still don’t use all the features available but are adding them to our system gradually. The customer support system is fantastic. The reports available on the system save hundreds of man hours and help us see how our business is doing. The inventory system is a huge help.

Cons

Integration with some Consumer Finance companies would be valuable to retail users. A “Dummy” website that could be used for training new employees would be a big help.

Response from Rain Retail Software

Michael,
Thank you for your feedback, this is very helpful for us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can improve so that we can continue to look into additional options.

Replied 25/09/2020
Pam M.

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

Excellent value for Service

Overall, my experience has been quite positive. In fact I have recommended them to other local business owners. The serves has enhanced my business. My clients give rave reviews on my website!

Pros

The platform Rain provides is user friendly for a Non-tech person as myself. It was fairly straight forward to populate and personalize my website to fit the needs of my business and clients. Customer service has always been responsive and helpful to resolve any difficulties promptly. The value for the cost is excellent.

Cons

Least favorite is the recent difficulties sending a newsletter. My longtime email address was now blocked from sending. I had to purchase a business email and the integration was rather difficult. Without the help of my husband a professional IT person, I could not have completed the changes myself.

Sondra K.

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

We love RAIN POS

I highly recommend RAIN. Having our inventory on our website has been so helpful and using RAIN has been very easy for my team to learn.

Pros

I love that Rain POS integrates with a website! I also love that RAIN continues to listen to suggestions and strives to add new features.

Cons

There are some reports that would be helpful.

Karen S.

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Top notch POS

Great experience... still fixing a few glitches and learning is on going. We are not big IT people, but the ease of this software and the team behind us works great!

Pros

Alot. The automated email blasts, the conference on hand, one on one meeting. I like the ease of running this software and the service and people behind the scenes. I like the look and help we receive on our website. When we have a glitch or problem, customer support is inside our website making the corrections. Great team to work with! Especially, Ty... stays on top of any ossues that come up.

Cons

Our training was not easy and our contact person was not really knowledgeable on many facets of the software or how it would work. Big learning curve for us.

Nic G.

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Brought new life to my store!

Since we opened, we have hand written all our checks and inventory, which has sometimes lead to discrepancies in what we have in stock and prices on items. It also takes longer to cash people out at the register, which has left some customers at an inconvenience when running late to a gig. Since moving to Rain, we are now able to easily see what is in stock and let customers know if we have extra in the back all from our phones. Recently we had a customer whos speaker blew while at a gig and he was able to order a new one online for us to have ready for him when he walked in the door! We love using Rain!

Pros

Rain POS was surprisingly easy to set up and integrate into my exsiting website, it really opened up a lot of doors to help sell things in my store that have been sitting a while. We do a lot of lawaway orders, so it was nice to be able to set up a lawaway option on our online store.

Cons

The only thing I wish I was able to do is have the option to add multiple products at a time to help streamline the inventory process. Other than that, I have had zero issues!

David B.

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

Software with lots of dreams but lots of issues

Rental, class, and automatically populating the website is a big help for us saving time. It hasn't really made us more money as advertised.

Pros

Overall, this product has helped us get our products on the web and other selling sites quicker than in the past. The rental and class features have saved us a bunch of time

Cons

Too many bugs in almost every feature. In addition, bugs are fixed and changes are made without communication to the user base. Rain keeps adding features but the basic features still are buggy especially in accounting for costs and inventory valuation. In addition, once a bug is submitted and sent to development, we are not sure of the timing of the fix or the actual fix.

Quickbooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Rain POS

Rental and class features and integration with Reverb.
Clinton B.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Great seamless system with Web and POS

Pros

Customer Tracking
Inventory Tracking
Website Managment
Integration with inventory for POS and Web

Cons

Hard to discuss timelines with customers
Not a lot of development time to accommodate every enhancement request

Valerie S.

Reviewed on 16/03/2019

Great Point of Sale Software

Rain POS is a great company to work with. Great tech support.

Pros

The Point of Sale software is easy to use and you get alot of support if needed.

Cons

Adjusting pictures sometimes is challenging to do to fit into areas.

Spencer W.

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Would recommend to other retailers

They've been great partners with us.

Pros

I love that they're always improving it and take our input.

Cons

I can't think of anything. I really like what I've used.

Mary ann S.

Reviewed on 22/09/2021

My personal opinions

I have not had any isses with Rain POS as of yet. I do know of others who have but I have not had the issues.

Pros

Ease of use. Everything is there for you and if not I look up what I need.

Cons

Not everything I have in house is listed on your software.

Rick G.

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Easy to work with, excellent customer service

Pros

Web based software. My items are easily found on the internet. I love the ability to set re order points. I like the reports that we currently have.

Cons

difficult to order from the vendors. needs to be easier. I wish that the link to Quickbooks were more detailed in the daily dump

Kristen G.

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

Very easy to set up but takes some time. The help we get from RAIN is awesome!

An all-in-one solution for our travelling and online business.

Pros

It's integration into our inventory and reports. The ability to customized the interface for my team.

Cons

It doesn't work as easily for Canadian companies. I would definitely recommend it 100% if they become more Canadian focused.

Rylan P.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

absolutely awful customer service that is slow and unresponsive

Pros

everything promised about the software has turned out to not be true. they promised cataloging be done for the import of my inventory and they never delivered that.

Cons

it doesn't integrate with my credit card machine that was designed specifically for the software. of course rain isn't being helpful at all and we're losing money left and right.

Claudia S.

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Love Rain POS

They have been fantastic. From set up until current use, they have always been available to help, and have great resources built into their software to help out with simpler things.

Pros

Rain POS has allowed us to integrate our eCommerce and in store retail in a way that no other company has been able to do. It has been so easy to learn how to use it, and it is very in depth. It is easy for me to change things on the website, and if there is something I can't do, their customer service team is always quick to help.

Cons

Some features need to be changed buy the software team, I can't change them myself.

Shopify, BigCommerce and Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

We were not able to use Shopkeep with our online store, so controlling inventory was quite difficult.

ShopKeeper Job Control

Reasons for Switching to Rain POS

They had a website umbrella built specifically for our type of store. We are able to sell things in a way that no other website/POS provider would allow us to do.
Ande L.

Reviewed on 22/01/2020

Our thoughts

All sales were handwritten, on invoices and then transcribed to a database/ excel sheet for closing out a month; this has made this so streamlined.

Pros

The program is quite intuitive thus making it relatively easy to use. I like the fact that it is cloud based so we can add another register as needed during very busy times. Also the integration between the website and the POS is great for product inventory. General ease of taking physical inventory.

Cons

There are a number of small glitches - ways to accomplish tasks that are not thought all the way through. I get a listing of UPCs from a vendor with my new order of earrings, many are duplicates that we have had. We upload the entire list, the system is not able to recognize duplicates and combine them just keeps adding the new number making physical inventory a nightmare. Customer name search is an "includes" function instead of a "starts with" so an Andy pulls up Sandy, Candy & every Anderson, i no particular order.

Miles S.

Reviewed on 09/02/2018

The future of how small businesses survive

Using this system allows you to provide a customer experience on par with, or even better than, what is expected from a successful business in the 21st.

Pros

Feature laden! and they are still developing more music store specific features! One customer data base, one inventory database. Integrated POS system, integrated Wed Store, integrated repairs system. Then add on: integrated short term rentals, rent to own with auto pay, layaway, email marketing abilities, gift card ability, coupon ability, push products to Reverb ability, create and save quotes under a customer name, track store account balances and apply to transactions, purchasing lists by vendor populated with qty triggered items and with and easy receiving and item costs updating.
Outstandingly responsive customer service!

Cons

Still waiting on the private lesson feature =( But it is in development and it sounds like it will be finished Spring of 2018. Would be great to see invoicing against a quote so I could do school business with schools requiring a PO number on an invoice for payment.

Carolyn I.

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

very good company to work with

I love this company. I've been with them from their initial start in our field of music schools, and they have developed very quickly. They still have a feel of a small company, and I feel like if I need an aspect or tool developed, I have a pretty good chance of being heard and considered.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of having a website, an online store, a point of sale terminal, rental/rent to own terminal makes this a great foundational tool to work with.

Cons

I love the software, but calling customer support, I often get people who don't seem to enjoy helping me. I've had at least 2-3 calls to different technicians ag in a row where I just felt bad for even calling.

Tim J.

Reviewed on 01/05/2021

It works, but is not optimal for a Pet food store

No business problems are being solved. it is creating more than it is solving

Pros

ease of access. I like being able to use the software anywhere.

Cons

the reporting features are not very helpful. also the bugs and anomalies that we experience on a weekly basis are annoying.

Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Choosing Rain POS

desire to move to a cloud based platform.

price
Nate C.

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

Make the switch to Rain!

I also love being able to track repairs, replacing our previous hand written system. Priceless.

Pros

Having out POS integrated with our website and Reverb is key for us, especially during recent times of shut down.

Cons

At times the system has quirks that are an annoyance to the user and is a low priority fix for developers.

Ingrid L.

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

I love Rain

Pros

Rain POS has helped me run my business in many ways. Reports are very easy to understand and useful for book keeping and planning. Most of all I love the help Rain offers. They have always been there for me and are so nice, especially when trying to set up my website. I am not a computer genius and don't have to be because I use Rain. In recent events we had to start selling products through our web site. Rain was able to teach me over the phone how to set all of it up, I couldn't be more grateful.

Cons

Most of the time the things that I felt could be improved have been through updates like phone numbers showing on receipts. It shows that they do listen when we ask for improvements.

Noel S.

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Noel Saucedo Co-owner

I have been a believer ever since i saw them at the Namm show.

Pros

The ease of this software is very important. Being a small business i really don't have an I.T department so you guessed it we all become the I.T department in our office. The templates are easy to fill out and get your online presence ready for your clients.

Cons

The con is not a Rain problem it's not having the time on our side to complete at this moment.