Insightly Reviews

About Insightly

Insightly is the modern, affordable CRM that teams love. It’s easy to use, simple to customize, and scales with companies as they grow, solving common pain points that legacy CRMs can't. Insightly helps teams build and convert...

3.9
3.8

Browse Insightly Reviews

Susan
Susan

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

A reliable and completely user-friendly tool with immense productivity.

Insightly CRM offers a wide range of services for our business to improve our customer services and have provided us with benefits to enhance our marketplace. It has allowed us to successfully engage our working relationships with the clients in a more reliable way. I have also been performing project management tasks with this tool.

Pros

Insightly CRM is itself a very reliable tool which allows the user to gain the most of the advantage with its easy to use features and efficient tools. We can also easily integrate it with other tools to improve the overall productivity. It's super responsive when dealing with the customers. We can easily maintain our sales cycles and ongoing customer service to provide extra care for the clients. The user-interface is also quite easy and manageable than other such tools.

Cons

Chrome extensions are bit of a clunky addition which further complicated the working procedure so mostly avoid it. The other tools integration is right on point but the social media integration misses few of the parts and continues to be a wastage of time for us. In the end, it proves to be much effected on our overall work and improves the efficiency of our work routine.

Response from Insightly

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the feedback. The Chrome Extension you're talking about is actually sunset. Try the new Add-On. :)

Replied 16/08/2019
Christina

Reviewed on 31/07/2023

Insightly is a great CRM Tool

Overall, the CRM product has been a great business tool for everyday use. I would certainly recommend it to a business if they can afford the price point.

Pros

Insightly offers many products and features to be a one-stop-shop in the administrative world. It allows a company to keep all of their client information in one location and access quickly and easily. It allows emailing clients directly in the software as well as filing previously sent emails to a client.

Cons

The way that some of the fields are set up, they are not made for quick editing, copying, etc. The phone number fields do not have an automated template, the number can be input anyway. The address fields, specifically state, do not have preset options and either can be an abbreviation or spelled out. It would be nice if these were preset so that it is uniform when printing reports, etc. Lastly, once you create a lead, even after converting to a contact, the lead still shows up when that specific client is searched for. It can be confusing when you need to click quickly.

Matthew

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Insightly highs and lows

Pros

It is relatively intuitive easy to customise, easy to align to specific business needs.

Cons

Effective linkage of the databases that sit behind the product. If i log an activity for a against a contact that is part of an organisation, that activity will not be visible under the organisation. This is a big miss. There needs to be total linkage between all databases that sit within the system. There should be a hierarchy from Organisation to Contact to Project to Opportunity etc etc. This causes significant issues when trying to track client experience.

Reporting
No reports are drillable - they are simply static reports limiting their use. I constantly find myself needing to export a report to Excel so I can build a pivot table to effectively use it.

User interface
The user interface is very old fashioned and clunky. This is not just a statement about look and feel. When i create a report i get a list of objects with certain data that changes on a regular basis. So I need to select the item from within the report and change the value. But I cant do this quickly from within the report. I need to click on the item which then loads a separate page for the record. Then I need to click into that record which show all of the fields for the entire record. Then I need to click on the field in question, change it and then save it. I then need to close that page down and go back to the report page and refresh the page before this change is visible. This is a terrible UI and UX for a modern product today that is now significantly behind the the currently expected standard.

Top Insightly Alternatives

Alan

Reviewed on 08/01/2024

Insightly is great for CRM

Pros

Helps keep track of tasks and contacts very well

Cons

Wish there was a way to group tasks by a certain type of task

Denise
Denise

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Insightly developed to enhance our feeds

In my experience using Insightly, I haven't run into any serious issues. We used to utilize a strange CRM that was built out of sheets and required us to constantly switch between windows. Using Insightly, we can have all of our data in one place, neatly organized in custom fields. In my opinion, the project page may benefit from more fields in which to provide pertinent data.

Pros

Insightly is how I keep track of all the initiatives we have in the works right now. The management of our company's 5,000+ open positions is a major challenge. Insightly makes it easy for us to keep track of all the moving parts, which would otherwise be difficult to do in a secure manner given the project's multi-stage nature.

Cons

In most cases, the newly opened Org or Project tab doesn't take up more than half of my screen following a search. I can't figure out how to make the page larger. For some reason, the columns on the Relate and Activity tabs don't remember my saved column width. Every time I use it, I have to resize it.

Kati
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

A modern and easy to use CRM that will save you time and budget

We overall have been able to make many more sales because of the easy management of our opportunities. The system does a lot of work for us which gives us more time to sell and also makes sure we are providing professional service.

Pros

The product is extremely easy to use and customize. The system is very smart and has many modern capabilities such as recognizing when there is an existing contact which in turn saves time and redundancies. Everything is very well connected together and the system makes links that show intel to grow off of.

Cons

There are some minor glitches that can be fixed by refreshing the page but it does disrupt the flow. Pulling a report that connects multiple objects is also very tricky and sometimes impossible which then calls for a lot of manual work outside of the CRM that can be timely.

Apptivo and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Insightly was way more modern and customizable.

Reviewed on 17/10/2023

Insightly is a reasonable CRM with decent functions

I selected this as our CRM. We switched over from Zoho which was universally hated by our sales guys.

Pros

Insightly does a pretty reasonable job as a CRM. It's quite easy to use and pretty. It has some integrations out of the box and is easy to customize.

Cons

No significant draw backs to it. I would say it's a middle of the road CRM system that is neither great nor terrible.

Francesco

Reviewed on 05/11/2023

Intuitive CRM for Small and Medium Business

Pros

Essential front-end and easy customization of fields and pipelines.

Cons

Lack of pre-built connectors for the integration with enterprise platforms and portals.

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Better rate in terms of price against available features
Iain
Iain

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

Long time user verging toward long-suffering user

This is a product I wanted to like so much. We have been using Insightly for many years. We were attracted to it because it combined CRM and Project Management. Over the years they have improved the CRM aspect, but have left PM virtually untouched. Their support is haphazard and they often introduce new *features* which cause problems - like the day Google Contact Sync stopped working, or the day Google Contact Sync started duplicating contacts in Google etc. Because we signed up so long ago, we have an excellent pricing model. If we were paying more I would be really dissatisfied.

Oh and they are just appalling at sharing their product roadmap. It's like driving a manual shift car as the mechanic is fitting new gears as you speed up.

Pros

Great CRM and Pipeline Management out the box!
Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues.
Good simple project lists.
Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.

Cons

Very very poor project management. You will need to use other packages for almost anything. No resource management. No Gantt charts. No visibility.

Email integration is rudimentary. Task integration is non-existent.

No Office 365 contact synchronisation.

Response from Insightly

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our product team because all feedback helps us improve. With regards to exposing our product road map -- it's common that privately held companies do not make their product road map public. If you have specific questions on features please send an email to [email protected] and we can let you know if they are on the roadmap. Thanks.

Replied 09/10/2016
Kevin
Kevin
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Frustrating to get started

Overall, I don't think Insightly is the right tool for me due to it's complex setup which I think can improve if there a bit more videos in their help-section. The walkthrus for basic setup are good, but I'd love to see more videos or improvements in workflow automation. I only trialed the software so I can't speak on it as if I were an expert, but I think Insightly has some benefits but just not the right tool for me.

Pros

I was looking for a G-Suite CRM and stumbled upon Insightly. I decided to give it a go and try out the free trial upon reading a few reviews. The main area I was interested in and found to be good was Insightlys e-mail tracking. I sent a test e-mail to both Gmail and Yahoo e-mails and found the tracking to be accurate. I can see how Insightly would be a value add for monitoring sent e-mails, and then creating an automation workflow to auto-add any leads who reply to a pipeline, but I wasn't able to figure out a workflow for it. I do believe it's possible however to not only add to a pipeline but even export the contacts who replied and save to perhaps something like Mailchimp for another customer-journey.

Cons

My first thought was that it looked really in terms of the feature set but I was a bit overwhelmed with the setup and it took me about 2 times to connect to GSuite although, it could have been a bug on my end rather than theirs. After connecting my GSuite account, I started to play around right away, setting up the leads section as I plan to use Insightly for Sales Tracking and lead scoring. I found the UX/UI a bit sluggish, and creating pipelines with custom attributes a bit cumbersome. I was hoping for a rich data-enrichment where all Company/People info would be filled out, but that aspect wasn't there.

Jaysen
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Great easy to use CRM

Overall the company is very responsive to suggestions and fast with technical support. The price is better than some other larger CRM platforms out there. For a small to medium sized organization this enables you to focus on your business and not on tons of technical resources to support.

Pros

Unlike some CRM platforms that require robust training or certifications to customize to meet your business needs, Insightly is very easy to use platform. Implementation is a breeze with customer success managers who dive in to help understand your business and how the platform can be leveraged.

Cons

They are a great company to work with for your CRM and business needs.

Salesforce Platform

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

The price. Ease of implementation. The Insightly team was always able to help with any questions. Setup and Billing is very easy.

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

A necessary tool to run my business. No more searching for client information.

Ease of Marketing and Sales process. Total contact management software that include picture of person. What a plus. Great training videos to guide all level of users. Wonderful opportunity to scale the software as the company grows from startup to height unknown. Pricing is fair and Insightly is not living on past accomplishments it is improving product continuously.

Pros

They offer a free version to evaluate. Since it is without a time limit I used it and gradually became totally dependent on it. During a planning meeting with staff it was determined we could increase our efficiency by adding the professional version that includes email marketing tools and an easy interface with MailChimp. Now they have my paid business. It is with confidence that I agree to pay them for a monthly service that will be used by all members of my company. The program can accommodate the growth curve in a company such as mine. We started out simply needing contact management software. Later as our sales and marketing needs became more our focus adding these features was an easy decision. There are many videos to quickly bring a new user up to speed. The experienced user can use the videos to explore the many functions that may yet be used by a company as needs and goals change. The reporting function has recently become important as we need to know the results of our marketing and sales efforts. The tool is there and ready for us to implement. I think the more our company commits to using Insightly the more our communication between owners and employees improves. We openly share information on Insightly and our feedback has been positive. In the past before Insightly, communication was dispersed informally and sometimes led to bad feelings due to the inefficiency of word of mouth. Insightly is constantly making changes and updates to its software.

Cons

Its not visually pretty. I know that is silly but staff has to look at it all day and they like pretty.
When a new user/employee first looks at program they make the mistake of thinking it is an old program. While I am able to bring them along and show them it isn't true, their first impression is a temporary detriment to their learning curve and acceptance of the program. In order for Insightly to be the awesome tool it is, requires employee and leader acceptance. Everyone on the team has input and others depend on that input to do their job. Sloppy work seems to come from lack of acceptance. Part of this is my responsibility as a leader to insist everyone use the tools as intended but again, if the program had a new interface and pretty colors it might make a difference. Personally I always choose function first and then presentation but input from staff is a factor I have to consider. One other area I would mention is the difference between leads and contacts. They are not intuitive to some people and I think a better explanation and reinforcement in training videos would make it easier for the new user. This confusion has lead to some mistakes by my users that require a bit of corrective action by more experienced users. There is very little for me to find wrong with Insightly that isn't based on personal style and preferences.

Melissa

Reviewed on 29/04/2015

Insightly: The Sports Car of CRM's

Pros

Having worked with clients using a variety of CRM’s we’ve seen the good, the bad, and the ugly. I often times refer to insightly as the sports car of CRM’s because it allows companies to manage sales, contacts, projects, opportunities and client fulfillment in a very clean, efficient and user-friendly way. Some of the features I love best are their pipelines and activity sets. For companies that are managing lots of clients at different stages of fulfillment, Insightly’s pipeline feature helps all the players involved know exactly what they need to do and when.

The client profile makes it easy for me to link contacts to organizations or note other important relationships. The ability to save my email communication and related tasks to a contact has become an essential part of how we use Insightly and it’s intuitive ability to save any attached files I send is another feature I love.

Other favorite features are their mass emailing tool within the CRM. I can send a personalized email to a group of clients without having to write individual emails. A task management feature that allows me to see on one screen what I’m working on for each of my clients and in all areas of my business. With one click I can see what each of my employees is working on, what’s been done. You can create custom tagging systems to easily sort and find clients in your database. In one place see all of the projects you’re currently working on and where they are in the process of completion. Insightly’s Gmail gadget makes it easy to assign tasks, create projects, save emails, add or update contact email easily from within your email. No more switching back and forth from program to program. Insightly University provides a good training source for new users in addition to their highly responsive customer service team. I also have to mention all the strategic partnerships that makes using Insightly with other programs really seamless. For example, Mailchimp, evernote, DropBox and Google Apps for Business to name a few.

Sure, there are lots bigger more robust CRM’s out there, but I don’t want to drive a Mack truck every day. I like my sports car. :)

Cons

Insightly's calendar doesn't work for me, but I use google calendar and haven't missed it. I wish you could customize what you want to see on the home page. Right now it's just a running list of the activity on your accounts, but not super helpful in my opinion. Right now you have to manually advance pipelines. It would be nice to set them to advance to the next stage once all the activity sets are complete.

Anupam
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 26/02/2023

Insightly review

Overall experience is not good as compared to Netsuite by Oracle or Salesforce.

Pros

The software looks good, and easy to use.

Cons

The software stuck a lot when multiple users use at same time.Software stuck when we edit 2 things fastly and jumping to another option.When we upload leads most of the time leads upload twice which makes duplicate leads.There is no option of task reminder.There is no option of timing when the notes added at that particular date.

NetSuite and Salesforce Sales Cloud

NetSuite
Amber
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 03/03/2023

Insightly>Not just a CRM Tool but a Partnership

The Insightly team are some of my favorite people. They are always willing to help and assist with the company objectives we are working on. In my opinion, customer service and support are key in any partnership and Insightly makes us feel valued and like we are partners. My experience with the tool and Insightly is absolutely a positive one!

Pros

First, the simplicity of Insightly has been key in internal adoption of the tool for the company. Insightly is my go to tool for keeping my day planned with tasks. Secondly, the customization Insightly allows with the custom objects has really allowed a level of visibility within the company that we simply did not have prior to partnering with them. This tool is quickly becoming a key focus for the organization as it allows for the operational team to automate key operational processes which in turn increases quality, decreases risk, and decreases labor costs.

Cons

Expanding the automated workflow options would be of great value to organizations. Additionally, the limitation on page layout rules can be challenging. Making this unlimited would be a preference for the organization.

Clayton

Reviewed on 20/08/2016

Google Sync Does Not Work

Google Sync does not work for events. If you enable it historic events disappear from insightly. If you need to know who attended events (meetings, seminars, courses, etc) in the past then this is pretty serious. We've reported it to support and they've told us it has been fixed twice. It has not.

You can also not export / import events records.

We also find insightly slow to load. This is presumably because we are based in the UK.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and good if you are a startup / small uncomplicated business. The google mail integration and auto contact creation is a real time saver.

Cons

Google Sync does not work as advertised. You cannot export / import event data.
Insightly feels slow. Expensive for what you get.

Response from Insightly

Sorry that Google contact sync is not meeting your expectations. We offer Google contact sync and Google calendar sync:

Typically with sync functionality you can't import data into the process. Feel free to send your support ticket number to [email protected] and we can look into your ticket/request with our support team.

If you feel that our pricing is too expensive, feel free to use our free account - there's never a better price than free!

Replied 22/08/2016

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Insightly - Punching above its weight

We manage our business in Insightly and integrate it via their API into other systems. As such it is a real boost to our productivity.

Pros

We have been using Insightly for many years and have seen it grow. While there is now a lot of very advanced functionality on it, the application is still simple and intuitive to use. It still appeals to small businesses but at the same time has a lot of functionality that you would expect on a much larger CRM system. For example it is possible to create custom objects and pages in order to adapt Insightly to your business' needs. There is a an API that allows for integrations with other applications and a workflow module to apply longer running processes.

Cons

Insightly started out targeting smaller businesses but can see the value in larger paying clients. As such the development contributions made to the lower tier subscriptions appear to be lacking. There has been a lot of new functionality aimed at the higher subscriptions whereas a few smaller but obvious wins have been ignored. This irritates the longer term loyal but smaller client base.

Marek
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/05/2023

Insightly Review

Overall, my experience with Insightly was positive. The platform provided a robust CRM solution that helped me streamline my customer relationship management processes. The user-friendly interface and comprehensive features allowed me to effectively manage contacts, track communication, and collaborate with my team. The reporting and analytics capabilities provided valuable insights into my business performance. Although there were limitations in customization options and room for improvement in customer support, my overall experience with Insightly was satisfactory. It contributed to improving my efficiency in managing customer relationships and driving business growth.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about Insightly was its comprehensive CRM functionality. The platform provided a user-friendly interface that made it easy to manage and track customer relationships. The contact management features allowed me to store and organize all relevant customer information in one place. I also appreciated the seamless integration with email, allowing me to track and log communications with clients. The task and project management capabilities were robust, helping me stay organized and collaborate effectively with my team. Additionally, the reporting and analytics tools provided valuable insights into my sales pipeline and overall business performance.

Cons

While Insightly had many positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the limited customization options. I found that certain aspects of the platform, such as the dashboard and report customization, were somewhat restricted. It would have been beneficial to have more flexibility in tailoring the system to fit specific business needs. Additionally, the customer support could be improved. There were instances where I encountered technical issues or had questions, and the response time and resolution process could have been more efficient.

Erica

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

Great for Small Companies

Pros

The Insightly platform is user friendly and easy to access at an affordable price. It is a great tool for sales forecasting, sales management, and as a CRM. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a useful, customizable tool that is good to manage a small company.

Cons

I can't say anything bad about insightly. It does exactly what we need it to.

Salesforce Platform

Price
Lynda

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Move along, nothing to see here

I wish we had tested Insightly much more strenuously before proceeding with purchase of this software. I guess we just didn't know what we didn't know, and so when the linking issue (or non-linking issue) because glaringly apparent, we had already finished the trial period. We just (wrongly) assumed that a feature so integral to an effective customer relationship package would work!

Pros

It has been convenient for our company's internal tracking of sales rep opportunity closes/losses. Also the reports are nicely customizable, so calculating commissions due is simplified for our small business.

Cons

The complete absence of functional linking between emails, organizations, and individuals renders this "Contact Relationship" software a total bust. Technical support has know about the issue for well over a year, but it's not really a "priority" to them. They make lots of ineffectual suggestions, tossing the issue back in the lap of the end-user, but none of the "fixes" actually work. You must link all emails, manually, to each contact, organization, and opportunity, if you want to be assured of a linking relationship.

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Great Software, Easy Too Use, Needs more Features

We were disorganized across a few methods of tracking individuals who engaged with our work. This helped us to centralize the information, and to function better as a staff. We did not need to re-invent the wheel with each new contact or program.

Pros

The ease of use means a short learning curve when introducing it to new staff members. I specifically like the integration with Gmail to be able to add relevant connections from email with one click.
Projects are a great way to track contacts and add comments and attachments to have all the relevant history of a specific project in one place.

Cons

It is very sales driven, and works for that capacity. I was using it as a non-profit, tracking volunteers and donors, and so I needed to "back door" some of the features to work for my uses.
I wish the tagging features had sub-tags to help sort a bit better without having so many top level groups of tags.

Response from Insightly

Thank you for the great review!

We appreciate your feedback on your use case as a non-profit. Our Customer Success team put together this great webinar to learn more about how to manage your non-profit's activities with Insightly should you need more ideas: https://support.insight.ly/hc/en-us/articles/220630127-Recorded-Webinar-Do-More-Good-Spend-More-Time-Growing-your-Non-Profit.

Thank you!

The Insightly Team

Replied 16/10/2017
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Wasn't right for our org, could be right for you.

Overall, the system is good for a smaller organization that is not putting large stresses on their CRM. We ultimately outgrew Insightly in many ways, and often overwhelmed the system with our integrations. Developing tools and processes internally to accommodate for this was less desirable than just moving to a new product.
Definitely worth considering for a smaller organization or one that fits neatly into Insightly's wheel house.

Pros

Insightly was highly customizable and for the price a very capable tool. Flexibility in terms of object and workflow customization. Very easy to connect to third party or self-developed integrations via API.
Loved being able to email to any specific record

Cons

API changes caused fatal errors in several of our integrations over the course of our time with Insightly.
User interface was never the prettiest

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 04/01/2021

Support SUCKS

NEVER have I been satisfied and it is the clunkiest, most user-unfriendly, counter-intuitive POS I have ever dealt with.

Pros

Cloud-based - I liked the ability to use on my handheld.

Cons

So.Many.Bugs. For example, I just added another user. They billed me immediately with absolutely no explanation of review of costs or anything (it would be nice to have a "Proceed" button. They are absolute jerks. And then, I try to add that used and NOWHERE to be found is "System Setting: to add a new user. Help gave me the answer but it doesn't exist in the actual program. Its a nightmare. Tried twice to ask for support via their email support system - NADA. Called, and got "please use email" and then got hung up on. Needless to say, we're looking.

Megan
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Clean and straight forward data

Insightly has done an exceptional job of creating a welcoming culture by hosting informative webinars. The Insightly team is informed and helpful, and most importantly professional with their delivery.

Pros

I appreciate the ease of workflow and clean data organization and presentation.

Cons

Limited when tailoring list views per user.

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Robust features - except reporting

I use Insightly for one of my companies. It meets most of my needs for that company, especially around understanding people's relationships to one another and in social media. I've also used the project management feature when managing group activities.

Pros

I really like how it tracks relationships among the records and makes it easy to pull a list using tags. It also has robust features like project management. Data entry is simple and I like the way it uses actions/tasks. And it is very awesome the way it manages social media account information.

Cons

I get frustrated with the poor report features and when I want to download and manipulate in Excel, I get all the tags in one field, so essentially I can view the tag list nicely online but I can't export that (for example to send an email to the group). I'm also frustrated with the limitations on standard contact information. I work with business people and while I start with employment contact, getting personal contact signifies a much deeper relationship. Not having standard personal contact info spots is troublesome.