About SendPulse

SendPulse is a cloud-based marketing solution that allows users to manage email, text messaging and push notifications through a single platform. It is suitable for small and midsize businesses. SendPulse’s email features...

Browse SendPulse Reviews

Fernando Manoel
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

great email marketing management tool

Overall I am satisfied with the use of the tool in terms of value for money. I believe I will continue to use SendPulse for a long time.

Pros

The structure is very simple and practical. I can build campaigns and automations without too many problems. The fact of sending unlimited emails is also very interesting.

Cons

In automations, more functionality can still be added to simplify the flow.

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse

I was looking for a tool that was simpler to configure and with more features, as well as an affordable price.

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse

More user-friendly interface, better price in relation to cost-benefit, ease of configuring the tool and quick response from support.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 13/09/2016

Good but API is hard work

So – I am going to caveat this whole thing with – if you’re not interested in using the API or you are not coming from another service with an existing API integration, this probably won’t apply to you.

Summary: 2 different API’s, both awfully designed, both poorly documented, both with completely different authentication methods, credentials etc. however, the application itself is great, so if you’re not using the API, it’s probably fine.

Full Review:

SendPulse has a functional API, but it feels like it was created by someone that read a REST API book of best practices without really thinking about how people would / should use it.

My biggest problem is the way authentication works (on the main API which is for sending your campaigns, managing subscriptions etc.), sure it follows all OAUTH standards, but this means you need to manage identify on your application so you send all the correct tokens etc., it feels very Salesforce, not Slack (if you have used either of these API’s you will know, Slack is easy, Salesforce is really really hard) – another comparison would be that it feels like IBM made this software when you are using the API, not a start-up.

If you are coming from something like MailChimp – the MailChimp API is easy, send a request with your API key and whatever you are requesting happens or you get a meaningful response, I have seen many garbage responses from the SendPulse API – you cannot guarantee JSON will come back, sometimes you get HTML, sometimes you get a weird HTML 404 page with some Yahoo copyright notices all over it, it all depends on how mangled your request is – so on top of having to worry about handling identity, you need to handle all sorts of strange responses not just JSON – and therein lies the next problem – DOCUMENTATION:

The API documentation is god-damn-awful, and because the API is quite complex and / or obscure in terms of how you request stuff, you often end up with garbage responses and have to trial-and-error how stuff works.

SendPulse has created a bunch of libraries to make this easier, and if you want to hang your PHP application by using their library, then go ahead – but if you have some kind of background task manager you will probably have to write your own stuff, which in most cases would not be too hard, but because the documentation is sparse, I really struggled to do even the basic stuff with CURL on the command line – if I was to suggest anything, provide CURL examples like Slack does, at least that way I could reverse engineer the CURL to sort out the lack of actual documentation (again, it’s a problem because the API responds with junk HTML if you get your request wrong so you don’t know what is actually wrong and have to trial-and-error a lot).

On top of all of this, if you are planning on using the SMTP send-alone API, you have a completely different authentication process – one that I still have no idea how to make work – this is what the documentation says about how to authenticate: http://i.imgur.com/sVAc3II.png

(the original documentation is here, but I think you need to be logged in to view it: https://login.sendpulse.com/manual/smtp-api/)

I personally have no idea how to authenticate against this SMTP API. I have not yet asked support about it because they are looking at something else for me that is more important, but I just don’t…….. what….. from the documentation (a required parameter to authenticate, IV): “iv – an initialization vector, encrypted by a public key with an OpenSSL Library usage” – what is this? Why is it never mentioned again? how do I get it?

And most importantly, why on earth is it different to the (already convoluted) other OAUTH authentication on the main mail API?

Anyway, to wrap this up, I picked up SendPulse because I needed both templated / campaign based email and SMTP / transactional email and I previously had MailChimp, but did not want to pay for Mandrill because my SMTP volumes were super low.

SendPulse is fine, but I have wasted more time than the money I would have saved just using Mandril, however if you can get over all of this, the product is actually pretty good which is why I have not left a steamer of a review score, and as I said at the start, if you are not using the API it is great.

I just hope they release a new version of the API that focuses on functionality rather than horrible REST standards (although I’m not convinced all of this is standards compliant), which I think have generally been thrown away by the new-wave tech start-ups so people can quickly deliver value.

Pros

Price
Web Interface
Email Builder

Cons

API
Can't use Email Builder emails in the SMTP email interface

Chilem

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

A worthy EDM serive for you to try

thought some small thing I think it need to improved, this is very great platform and worthy a trial

Pros

the EDM marketing is very helpful to our trade business, it helps me to deliver my company news feed to all our customers timely and of course fully customer covered. I am sure anyone in trade marketing needs such a Sendpulse service.

Cons

I think more integations API should be developed, and give more help on this.
also I think email verification number limits should be enlarged. such as My plan is for 5000 subscribers, but I can only verify 100 contact list on the standard plan, I think it would be better enlarge this number to 500, that will be more helpful

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse

Mailchimp is too strice and critical for user, not friendly enough to me

it is more easy to use.

Top SendPulse Alternatives

Gabor

Reviewed on 30/03/2022

Best newsletter service

I have switched over to SendPulse about a year ago or so. Before I was using another software doing similar functions. I never regretted the switch and have switch or newly signed up my customers to it too. I highly recommend.

Pros

This is one of the easiest software to use from all the newsletter software I have been using in the past. This is also one of the cheapest.

Cons

There are a few parts which needs a bit more polishing. The newsletter building part could be more user friendly.

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse

Mailchimp became much more expensive and also harder to use.

Faster customer support.
EDUARDO

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

SENDPULSE REVIEW

IT IS GOOD AND I WILL START USING MY OWN NEW DOMAIN AND I WILL START PAYING A PLAN FROM YOU GUYS EVERY WEEK

I HAD REFERRED YOUR COMPANY TO OVER 300 NEW USERS FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS

Pros

IT IS USER FRIENDLY AND FAST AND YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS GOOD AND THEY ANSWER FAST WITH A GOOD HELP ALWAYS...

I LIKE YOUR SYSTEM BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT PUTTING TOO ISSUES IN ORDER TO SEND E-MAILS AS THE OTHER COMPANIES

Cons

WELL WHEN I PUT ALL MY CONTACTS FROM MY LIST

YOU ALWAYS BLOCK MANY OF THEM AND YOU PUT IT AS ERROR

BUT ALL OF MY CONTACTS THEY SUBSDRIBED IN OUR WEBSITE AND THEY ARE INTERESTED ON GEETING OUR E-MAILS

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse

THEY PUT TOO MANY ISSUES WHEN SENDING E-MAILS AND TOO MANY PROBLEMS WITH THE SPAM THING

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse

IT IS FASTER AND EASIER AND YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE HELPS VERY SOON AND YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REALLY UNDERSTAND AND HELP US WHEN WE NEED IT
Shoroq
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/04/2021

User friendly and easy to use affordable email marketing and management

The automation feature helped automate redundancy in our response to our clients, and it gave a professional outlook when clients contact us that they recieve an automated email no matter at what time of day or night without delay and this shows the professionalism and helps us capture and filter the genuine clients for follow.up and conversion.
The campaign feature also helped us with our campaigns, and love that the system can detect any error emails and give indication of how many opened and clicked and much more gives us good feedback of how our campaign went.
It would be excellent to know if our emails are going to spam box or inbox directly, this would give us some sense of how healthy is our ip /and should we need to change it.

Pros

The automation feature was a dream for us! It saved us a lot of redundancy and at the same time gathered the right target we needed to market our services.
Love that they are recently expanding to landing page and CRM which I am very excited to explore.

Cons

There are certain features that I wish could be added as it would help tremendously,like knowing any duplicated entries in different contact list.
The automation have more control over knowing how is in the loop and to be able to fix it.

Sendinblue and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse

The rates and automation flexibility at the time of switching was more rewarding at sendpulse and it gave us what we needed . The customer service was splendid, quick and very helpful.

Response from SendPulse

Thank you for your kind words about our customer support. We are happy to know that email automation is helping your business.

Replied 23/04/2021
Keith

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

Great email marketing and SMTP offering

Fantastic experience so far. The only product I've found that fits my needs to send API programmatically driven email campaigns. I've only had to contact support twice during deployment and both times they were extremely helpful and responsive to solve my edge case queries, and I am still on the free tier!

Pros

I was looking for a low cost provider to set up API based email campaigns at a low cost. After trialing numerous providers including more established companies, Sendpulse was the most suitable for my needs with the most features and came with the lowest cost.

Cons

Some of the API and user documentation could be improved, but I have found their customer support easily fills the gap if there is any. More examples in the documentation for common use cases like using API to send emails from contact lists would be super helpful.

SendGrid and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse

API lacked the features for my intended purpose

SendGrid

Features and cost

Response from SendPulse

Thanks for your review, Keith!

Replied 03/08/2021
Kristen
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Great for businesses just starting out

I really haven't had any negative experiences with SendPulse, other than some minor complaints detailed in the "Cons" section of my review. They've been very helpful and friendly in fixing any issues I've had, and overall I've enjoyed working with this software.

Pros

I like the fact that it's inexpensive/free to use for most business owners with a small contact list. Most email marketing sites offer a pretty pitiful number of contacts/email campaigns for their free trials, and then hike the price up significantly for those who are in between just starting out and having a huge following.

They don't have a lot in the way of ready-made templates, but it's easy enough to customize your own, and their interface is pretty user-friendly.

Cons

It can take a considerable amount of time between sending an email campaign, and the delivery of said email campaign. I also don't like that, after going through the proper steps to make my newsletters comply with standards, I may still be regarded as spam and not be delivered to the inbox of the person receiving the newsletter.

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse

While other sites had better features and template options, their overall costs were far too expensive for a business just starting to build a customer base, and their free trials were incredibly limited.
Gervais
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

The BEST newsletter service I have ever seen !!

Honestly I had explored several other email marketing tools before, and did not know Sendpulse. But WOW ! What a POWERFUL tool !!!

Pros

-The first service of this kind I see with a 24/7 customer service. Very responding, very professional
-Features for automation are the BEST I have used so far
-A very simle interface, easy to use
-They also implement SMS marketing and web push notification, all gathered at the SAME place and INTEGRATED together

Cons

Nothing to say, seriously. The software is EXCELLENT !

Mailigen, Sendinblue, SendGrid and Mailchimp

Not satisfied

Mailchimp and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse

-Sendpulse offers also SMS marketing and Web push notification -Sendpulse offers 24/7 technical support, EVEN WHEN the plan is the FREE plan -Sendpulse is very affordable
Gargi
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

SendPulse is one of the most user-friendly email softwares

Smooth experience where all our organization's needs related to emails was fulfilled.

Pros

SendPulse got us started on the free trial almost immediately. The campaign is briskly verified and approved each time and the waiting time is a minimal as against some of the other popular providers which take half or even one whole day to approve campaigns. It is more cost effective & very easy to use with little to no training required! The Pay as you Go feature has also been a big plus with SendPulse as it suits our business model better than the regular subscription plans.

Cons

The template building could be improved a bit aesthetically (though it is pretty comfortable now as well!).

Zachariah
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

SendPulse fits our needs for bulk mailing to our many thousands of readers of our magazine.

The ability to send thousands of emails in one go. It helps manage campaigns to all our subscribers readers.

We also get to use it to send messages to select smaller subgroups of our readers and subscribers or even our advertisers (in some cases).

Pros

The User Interface UI is fairly neat and tidy. The buttons and controls are fairly easy to figure out even without a walkthrough or guide.

The software allows you to send a huge number of emails (to clean email addresses) with ease.

They maintain a high level of integrity with regard to not sending spam (to protect themselves and yourself).

Their support staff are polite and pretty prompt in dealing with queries and complaints. They tend to offer solutions where possible.

(For example, we had a mailing list that we had built over several years which had older addresses which had lapsed and expired and changed. When we tried to launch a campaign to those addresses many bounced back and they shut down the campaign midway. Initially, we were disappointed and irritated but after getting to chat with the support team we were offered good advice on cleaning our list. )

Cons

It would be good to have an email cleaner built into the software rather than having to use an external service.

I hate to pay for anything but sometimes you have to. In the case of SendPulse i got a good deal on a special and am happy with the price i pay. Those using the software can control their budget and choose packages that suit their pocket but be aware that there are cos

Rassem

Reviewed on 24/04/2021

Thanks SendPulse for this product

Really very attractive, very quick in their responses even during COVID19.

Pros

Really, I love working with them, they know our needs as they developed them for us.
Thanks once again and continue

Rassem

Cons

Really nothing, I found all what I'm looking for

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse

There is no complex issues at SendPulse

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse

I found all what I'm looking for, especially total solutions.

Response from SendPulse

Thanks for your glowing review, Rassem!

Replied 27/04/2021
Zakaria
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

The most useful and effective email marketing solution in the world!

The SendPulse experience is out of this world. I've tried a lot of email marketing platforms, but SendPulse is the best. It is simple, professional, and quite trustworthy. You can accomplish email marketing while closing your eyes. All of the other features are fantastic. I strongly advise folks to utilize it at least once to see the difference with their own eyes.

Pros

The registration process is quite straightforward, and the verification process is also very simple. We can quickly and simply import and add email addresses. Creating a campaign is a quick and easy process. We can check the email preview and adjust the template without any difficulty. The software's analytics are excellent, and you can learn from which countries, users opened the email and when the link was clicked.

Cons

The cost of the subscription is little bit high but the free version is working properly for small projects.

Santiago

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

We started using and became partners as soon as we could!

We started using the free version and since we are a digital marketing agency started to use it on our own clients first, guess what, we loved it so much that we became partners to offer it to our clients too!

Pros

We love the software, we were using another alternative which was way cheaper - in functionality, but not in price. Custom fields were a must and we got them, plus the automation features are incredible!

Cons

We had some small issues while connecting the domain but they just don't amount to much, plus the support team solved them in less than 3 minutes, so no concerns!

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse

Functionality and prices, the things you can do here at the price level are not comparable with either.

MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse

The email verification just makes it so much easier to check if the emails are valid and not get blocked, we once had an account with Sendinblue but it got blocked for just that reason so this was an added benefit.
Sushil
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

Pushing thousands of emails only takes minutes with SendPulse

We have a wonderful experience with SendPulse. It easily allows us to quickly upload and manage our large pool of customer's email addresses so that we can push regular newsletters, and promotional offers, and updates. Now, we don't have to worry about sending emails to each of our customers manually, killing colossal time.

Pros

Sendpulse is quite affordable and offers a free plan that can meet the needs of most startups and small businesses. And, not to forget, they have very dedicated and responsive support representatives who are always willing to answer any of the queries made. Also, the usability is quite impressive and does not require much technical knowledge to build an email marketing template even from scratch.

Cons

The only dislike that I would like to mention about SendPulse is that it allows sending test emails only to one email after drafting any email templates. We cannot add additional email addresses to receive test emails so that our entire creative team could cross verify the draft.

Response from SendPulse

Thank you for your review, Sushil. If you want to send test emails, uppi can create a separate list with your team's emails and send to this list first. It's easy to send the same campaign to a different list later.

Replied 03/08/2021

Reviewed on 26/04/2022

SendPulse Helps Keeps Subscriber Updated

Happy to use such an awesome product.

Pros

SendPulse is a cloud-based email marketing and transactional email service provider. It helps you to send emails, manage subscribers, and monitor your campaign’s performance. They provide a suite of tools for those who want to get their message out to the world in the most effective way possible. SendPulse offers an easy-to-use interface that allows users to design content for various channels like SMS, Push Notification, Social Media, etc.

Cons

Not so much of cons but the limitation in subscriber number is quite the thing I don't like about SendPulse.

Response from SendPulse

Thank you for your review, happy to hear that you find combination of various tools in one product convenient.

Replied 04/05/2022
Munumi

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Awesome platform for chatbot deployment

Customer Relations and support automation.

Pros

The platform is not expensive compared to its rivals. Its easy to create and deploy a chatbot on various platforms including instagram and facebook messenger. The customer support is always ready to help you out.

Cons

The only downside to it is the integrations with other platforms like Google calender. This has been a nightmare especially if you are doing it via webhooks.

MessageBird

Engati
Robert
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 30/07/2022

Sendpulse is CRM automation in perfect harmony

Pros

For me the best features so far are the Chatbots, push notifications, landing page builder, and automations.

Cons

So far I haven’t found anything really negative. if I had to say anything, possibly build the sendpulse academy up more with more courses.

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse

The customizable feature pricing and additional features. It’s also less expensive, and more sub table for a small start up.

HubSpot Sales Hub
amirhossein
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

SendPulse is one of the best emailing systems

Pros

I feel great when I'm using SendPulse to let my users participate in my new campaigns. I have also use it to inform my users about my new products. It is also supporting RTL and Persian words and it is one of its best advantages.

Cons

I haven't seen any disadvantages, but it will be better if they have more discounts on their plans :)

Aliaksandr
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 27/01/2021

Good Tool for Email marketer

It is one of my favourites Email marketing tools. With a lot of good features and great analytics tools. It will be great if SendPulse will be better in cold emailing. So, if you want to start with Email marketing, you know what service to use.

Pros

Good pricing plans, nice delivery to recipients, web-push, Viber and SMS delivery.

Cons

For me it is template builder. He is so simple for me. I mean, he looks like for beginners.

Reasons for Choosing SendPulse

eSputnik is not good in international Email delivery. He is good only for CIS.

Reasons for Switching to SendPulse

My Email marketing tools are Mailchimp, Close.io and SendPulse. They are better for me.
Piyush
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

The Best Marketing Automation Company

In one line we can say Value for Money

Pros

I like The Sendpulse & it's New Whatsapp Chatbot

Cons

Some integrations are more required & the complete accesses are not given to the customer.

MailerLite
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 30/05/2022

No learning curve

Pros

SendPulse is very easy to learn and use. There is no frustration in any sense. The one time I needed help, I got it within 2 minutes.

Cons

I have been using SendPulse for 2 years. I can't honestly say there is something I don't like about it.

Robert
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Use it every day

The ability to send multiple personalized emails and sms message to my whole list or I can segment down to a small group. Very good value.

Pros

The best thing I like about sendpulse is ease of use. You can very easily set up a automated email flow along with sms message all in the same program. You can build custom temples emails and SMS message. You have the ability to use variables to make your campaign be more personalized. You can import emails or build them with HTML builder also. Click and drop email builders make it very simple. You also earn credits that can be used to pay for services. Customer support is fast and. Very helpful.

Cons

The big issue is speed, they do have an issue when it comes to. Page speed when saving email templets. It can be a little frustrating when you are trying to fix something small.

Ina Eliza
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Happy with its free version

I am satisfied with the features that it has for free: templates, analytics, automation, resend emails to those that did not open. When the time will come, I will purchase the paid version.

Pros

I am using this software for e-mail marketing for a project that I am a part of. It was recommended to me by somebody who was using it for months already and was happy about it. Once you get used to it (as any software) and you find out how it works, it is very easy to send e-mails. I like that you can save templates and reuse them.

Cons

I had at the beginning an issue with the email that I was ending - the SendPuls refused to send it considering that it violates its rules. It was not the case. I emailed their customer support, showed them that they are wrong and solved the problem. Never had it since then (and this was about 2 years ago)

Reviewed on 09/06/2019

SendPulse is a good universal tool for your marketing

Pros

I like that I can send both my emails and SMS from one app. Moreover, SendPulse provides good Web Push notifications feature. So I do not need to create an account in 3 or more other apps. That is probably the best thing I like about this software.

Cons

I still prefer to use some other email services alongside with SendPulse. Maybe, SendPulse is just not that popular among online marketing community and thus lacks trust. Though, this has nothing to do with its functionality, this is just my personal prejudices.

Atomic Email Studio and Mailchimp