About AppointmentPlus

AppointmentPlus is a cloud-based scheduling tool suitable for businesses of all sizes and industries. It offers configurable appointment setting tools, embeddable features for websites, HIPAA-compliant appointment scheduling for...

Browse AppointmentPlus Reviews

Anthony D. Anthony D.

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

ONE OF MY BIGGEST MISTAKES

very dissatisfied, I'm in a tough spot as we cannot just cancel our service & move on. I now have to look for another company and transition away from this platform as they impact to our business is too much to continue this relationship.

Pros

I liked everything they told me the software would do, the customization, the sync with outlook. the email notifications

Cons

during the sales call it appeared they would provide much of the functionality we needed for scheduled our internal appointments. However, piece by piece they started to chip away at the functionality that the software could provide. Outlook integrations didn't work, Customization was limited due to how the account was setup just to name a few. They apologized...
Fine, we found a work around of all those misses.
Now we find that often they are outages, software problems & they customer service is less than helpful. 99% of the time, they advise they need to submit a ticket. Only one rep has every attempted any trouble shooting when i have called. Many of my ticket go unanswered for day or weeks.
I have an open ticket with them for over 6 weeks now. I have 11 locations & 2 of my locations cannot have appointments scheduled.
I've called serval time & just get the run around for 6 weeks... Today i called because the tool is malfunctioning again. and without doing any research i get an almost immediate, "oh, this is a known issue..." ok when will it be fixed I ask. "we do not know, we're working on it."

I have submitted 18 trouble tickets in 6 months. 3 a month. More than half of those tickets I was told these are issues that maybe fixed with future updates.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Hi Anthony. It would be an understatement to say that it was painful to read your review. You sound very frustrated. We failed you and I apologize for that. Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I appreciate it.

Replied 30/07/2019
Stephanie W. Stephanie W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 16/04/2020

Customized Software For a Wide Variety of Clients

Our overall experience in working with Appointment Plus has been very positive. We are lucky enough to have direct contact with several of their support members and leadership team, and almost always, they are willing to go above and beyond to assist us.

Pros

We are a telecommunication company that offers Virtual Receptionist services to many clients and several different industry platforms.

Appointment Plus allows us to provide customized software for any clients we may be working with. Whether we are working with a Massage Therapist, Attorney, or Pet Groomer, the software can be customized to fit our client's needs.

Cons

Relay Methods: it would be ideal if there was an option for texting. As of now, the only real options are by email or phones. With how communication styles have changed over the years, most clients prefer for us to send a text message instead of placing a phone call or sending an email.

Client View: the client view seems a little outdated and a lot of clients prefer the look of their website instead. Either update the client view or allow the client view to be fully integrated within their website.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Stephanie, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate it. We also appreciate My Receptionist being a long-time answering service partner. Thank you also for pointing out our "above and beyond" service. Our clients and partners deserve great service from us. Thanks again!

Replied 04/05/2020

Reviewed on 15/04/2018

Excellent appointment reminder! Will help you stay organized

I got the benefit of organization and never forgetting an appointment.

Pros

I am someone who likes to stay organized. Having a great software to help me remember when to meet with students I am tutoring or when to go to business meetings for my freelance clients, when I have doctor appointments, etc. really helps me out. I have a busy schedule and can forget important appointments without this software! It is easy to use and fairly intuitive. It is also cloud-based, which helps me in case I don't have my computer or phone.

Cons

It has a bit of a learning curve. It took some trial and error to perfect use. Customer service is there to help, however.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Thank you for your review of the system. It sounds like you are a tutor. We have hundreds of tutors who use AppointmentPlus. I'm glad the software helps keep you organized with your busy schedule. And yes, the fact that it's cloud-based does make it convenient because you can access your account anywhere at any time. With regard to your comment about the learning curve, it's true. Like most software systems, it takes a little while to get the hang of using the system. But, once you are used to it, it's easy. And, as noted, our customer service team is always ready to help. Thank you again for the excellent review!

Replied 17/04/2018

Top AppointmentPlus Alternatives

Steve S. Steve S.

Reviewed on 31/10/2016

My first scheduler

I feel it's a pretty user friendly system. I wish admin had a little more power to lock down the scheduling parameters. We have a lot of new users helping us book appointments, they have a habit of adjusting the pre-determined time to fit into slots. Frequent trainings and workshops have helped but not eliminated this. As far as value goes I don't know what the competitors are charging for similar features. I did score features low because I feel we are just getting the basic features for our price and would like to see more inclusions like room reservations. I do like the reports function, I run monthly reports and this is a breeze with the program. I inherited this program from the supervisor before me, I pretty much have been on my own learning to use it, it sounds like now they have quite the extensive training and support program for new users.

Pros

Reports
Ease of scheduling

Cons

I would like to see the whole days worth of appointments and staff on one screen without scrolling right.
I would like to be able to lock the predetermined times given to appointments.

Gretchen C. Gretchen C.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 25/07/2016

Fast & Helpful

Any time I have ever had an issue or problem, I submit a ticket, they respond telling me they received it and they are working on it. Then, usually within the same day they get back to me and the issue is resolved. They explain why it happened, how to prevent in the future, if applicable and they also give me other helpful resources. I am a very satisfied customer!

Pros

Ease of use and adaptability! There is a lot to this software, but we only use it for a very specific reason and it is very adaptable for what we need it for. It is very easy to use...anybody can log on and just intuitively pick it up and run with it...seriously!

Cons

The reporting function gets a little confusing, probably because there are so many options to choose from.

Valerie R. Valerie R.

Reviewed on 24/04/2017

No Response from Customer Support

A couple of months ago Appointment plus did maintenance which then stopped our paperwork from being able to be printed from the website. It took a few weeks for them to say someone was ontop of it, but then after a week more they told us the problem was resolved. Lo and behold the problem was not resolved. 18 days ago I sent them this letter:

"We have been patient with the issues we've been having due to the update that was made almost a month ago.The day after the update was implimented I contacted you through submitting a ticket regarding a few issues, and days later received a response to my ticket that I should submit another ticket if I'm still having problems. I submitted a ticket and it was passed along between different people saying they were trying to fix the problem, until I got a message saying the problem was fixed last Friday, when it wasn't. I then responded to the ticket to open it again saying it wasn't fixed. That was five days ago and no response.
A large part of a service industry business that does house calls is the technicians being able to have physical paperwork with them and be able to leave a copy of the paperwork with the customer. Because the print button is not populating with the customers information the technicians have had to use twice as much ink and twice as much paper in order to have the information they need. This is costing us money, and does not look very professional to our customers. However, I have noticed that appointment plus has not had any problem with billing us for the service. We aren't trying to be unreasonable. We understand that the print page is not the ONLY aspect of the service you provide that we pay for. However, it has been 23 days since I first reported this issue. And it is a serious one. We need this taken care of immediately. "

I also called them but they were directing all technical calls to a voicemail. Have not gotten ANY response whatsoever.

A manager reached out to me and let me know they would be on top of this after seeing the review. Less than a week later, the problem was resolved.

• Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

Powerful

Pros

Appointment Plus is a powerful system that's great for managing multiple service provider's schedules as well as gathering client data for marketing.

Cons

It's cost. It's a bit too pricey for a small buisness or solo practioner.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Thank you for the 5-star review. AppointmentPlus is indeed a powerful scheduler. It has over 700 preference settings that allow for strong configurability. It also provides myriad work flow options.

I see that you noted that you felt the software was pricey. It is true that it's not cheap. However, in terms of ROI, it's hard to beat. Plus, we believe in being hands-on. You get to speak with a coach during the sales process, you get live training for you and your team, and you can speak with a live support agent if you have questions.

Thank you again for your review!

Replied 04/01/2019
Archie K. Archie K.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 12/10/2016

The best scheduling tool

AppointmentPlus makes it easy for our clients to schedule individual phone calls to our call center. This prevents specific time overloads and makes the work flow so we can balance manpower needs. When we can't find the particular combination of commands in their menus, either the knowledge base or their excellent customer service solves the problem. We have gone exclusively to this method of scheduling calls into our call center and it has made our workflow better and our customers happier!

Pros

It is easily customizable so we can give an appointment page the look of the company who's employees will be scheduling their time slots.

Cons

There are a lot of places to hide a command in their settings menu. It can take a little effort to change details to match your needs, but when I can't find the specific combination, their customer service is excellent and very responsive.

Donald C. Donald C.

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

Appointment Plus Is Average

Pros

Very detailed with an abundance of functionality Appointment Plus is a great tool if you have multiple applications in a dynamic setting.

Cons

The UI leaves quite a bit to be desired and customer support isn't always the most effective solution.

Response from Bob

Donald, thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We indeed do have an abundance of functionality. That's something that sets us apart. Our system can be configured to meet the unique scheduling needs of most every organization. With regard to the UI, we have just released our new mobile-responsive user interface. It's beautifully-designed and is getting rave reviews. If you'd like to check it, please contact us and we'll enable it for your account. Thanks again for the review!

Replied 26/03/2018
Matt H. Matt H.

Reviewed on 01/06/2018

Custom use of Appointment Plus for entry into Emergency Shelter

Pros

The platform is very user friendly and allows for our community in Indianapolis to use Appointment Plus so the community can view open space in Emergency Shelter and then reserve the space for households in need. Everyone that we have worked with in support team and our account representative have been easy to work with and have met our needs with this atypical use of their system. The training was simple and easy to facilitate which helped our community use a new software to provide access to emergency shelter in a way Indianapolis has not been able to do prior. As far as cost, it was far below what our other more custom options were with a far simpler view and process.

Cons

Some of the functions of the software are not items we use for our application. We wish we could hide a few more of these but it does not affect the reliability and function side that we need.

Monica Y. Monica Y.

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

Keep track of patients appointments

Friendly application
More than one user at the time
Compatible with other software
Printer-friendly

Cons

Does not work well with some devices. We had issues with androids
Costumer service takes long to respond

Response from AppointmentPlus

Monica, thank you for the review. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. You pointed out one of the most powerful parts of the system - the ability for it to handle multiple staff members. We have clients ranging from 1 staff member to thousands. You also noted that is was an easy-to-use, friendly application. We agree! With regard to areas of concern, we did previously have users report some issues with our Android app, but those have now been resolved. I apologize if they caused frustration for you. You also stated that customer service takes too long to respond. You may be referring to a bug fix, as our customer service team typically responds very quickly to questions - most times within minutes. Monica, thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Replied 28/03/2018
Dave R. Dave R.
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 05/08/2016

Appointment Plus Scheduler

love it. Very easy to use and set up. Support is very quick and correct the first time. I would and have recommended this software to other companies

Pros

eliminates phone calls at our end.

Cons

Customers can not move appointments as easily as site admins. They have to cancel and re-book. would be much better if they could simply edit their appointment by changing times or dates without cancelling and re-booking.
When the system is down, it really hinders our business, luckily that is not too often.

Chris W. Chris W.

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

12 year customer who found out was being overcharged and Prez refused to make right.

It's really hard to switch appointment companies. That is why we stayed with them for so long. And even though we did get use to the software and even appreciated it over the years, there were a lot of bugs in the system. Some that were years old and we just delt with. They just have limited resources or a lackadaisical attitude to fix the bugs. But the icing on the cake is when our Merchant Services company provided us with information that stated the way the code for their interface was overcharging us, the information was brought to the company, they refused to make it right. Cost us THOUSAND$ of dollars.

Pros

Many functions (although some were buggy)

Cons

Lots of bugs. Years of unresolved issues. Very lackadaisical attitude toward fixing bugs. Coding overcharges in POS and the President refused to make right. Randomly charges clients credit cards when not supposed to (very upset clients who think you are purposely overcharging them).

Response from AppointmentPlus

Chris, thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's not a good review - and that's okay. We need to hear both the good and the not-so-good. I know you had been a very long-time client (12+ years) and I appreciate your loyalty. But I also understand your frustration and feeling like you haven't been treated fairly. I hope you were able to find another system that works well for your business.

Samar S. Samar S.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 09/08/2017

Expectations are not being met

Pros

Offers easy to use online scheduling tool for customers. You are able to access from anywhere. Lots of different functions and customizing available

Cons

Every time there is an update to the system a lot of stuff goes wrong. The team responsiveness is not what it could be. A lot of times you are informed one thing, and then the opposite by support staff. It is not very easy to navigate through the system.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Samar, thank you for the review.

In the past, we indeed have had some issues arise after doing software releases. When this happens, however, we always handle the issues as top priorities and generally have them resolved within minutes.

We've also continued to make improvements to our software update process. We've added additional review steps and a more stringent sign-off process.

You also noted concerns about our customer service. I apologize if you felt you weren't provided the prompt attention you deserve. We strive to provide fast, accurate answers for every client who has a question. I'm sorry that you feel that we failed you in this area.

I know that we continue to serve Champion's many locations. We are proud to have you as a partner. Champion has a rich history and stands out as both a manufacturer and distributor of windows and other products.

Samar, if you ever have future questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Replied 16/03/2018
Lara H. Lara H.

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

Frustrating

Frustrating. Lots of emails that sound helpful but do not actually give resolution. You've upped our costs multiple times without upping our service or the quality of service.

Pros

HIPPA compatible scheduling. Cloud based so we can check out schedules from phones or computers.

Cons

There are SO MANY glitches that make this difficult to use. Currently we are mostly frustrated with the text reminder system. It is sending out texts to deleted appointments or old clients. It is charging us for two texts even when our template is under the maximum. We have asked for repairs/fixes and we are promised them but they do not resolve the problem. If it were easier to transition to another software I would DEFINITELY DO IT. I am beyond frustrated!

Response from AppointmentPlus

Hi Lara. Thank you for the review. I'm sorry that you feel this way about our customer service and glitches. We have a customer support department full of team members who truly care about our clients and their businesses - and that go the extra mile every day for our clients. I know that not every client will have a positive experience. But we do our best to address issues quickly. I apologize that your experience with us has not been positive.

Replied 26/11/2019
Julia D. Julia D.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 29/09/2016

ApptPlus is extremely helpful

After quick training and fantastic on-going assistance from Gary, ApptPlus is user friendly and an efficient time saver.

Pros

Paperless schedules! Ability to create/name specific scheduler input fields, create reports and see daily schedules with a simple click.
Constant available help from Gary or other reps.

Cons

Without knowing for sure if this would actually work out well, it would be nice if schedulers were able to revise/adjust only pickup#s in current appts and not have to delete/cancel the original to correct accidental mis-keys.
Initial set-up was a bit challenging as far as labeling fields and placement for our business' specific needs.

Kevin R. Kevin R.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

Excellent Service

I called Mr. Gary La Loggia and I have to say, very professional person. He is extremely patient with me and excellent in showing me how to run thru the different features of the system. I always get the information I wanted from him very accurately. This gentleman is a true Pro.

Pros

Is a very friendly user software.

Cons

non at this moment.

Sandy J. Sandy J.

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

been with the company for years, it changed my business for the better

love this system

Pros

reduces no show to almost never
keeps me working and making money instead of calling people back
cheap front desk option

Cons

that you can't stay logged in until you log out on the phone app and sometimes it times out on my desk top as well

Richard H. Richard H.

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

Dependable Scheduling

Had an issue with Certificate Verification. Could not log into site. Within an hour I was back on site.

Pros

Lots of display and funtion choice.

Cons

Occasional trouble with logins - lack of server availability?

Joey D. Joey D.

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

AppointmentPlus Software Review

Pros

The notification feature is okay for reminding everyone about the task. I am loving also the color coding.

Cons

Hoping that the task will be easily synced on our calendars for a clear visual monitoring of our reminders.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Thanks for the outstanding review, Joey. Yes, the email and SMS appointment reminders are critical tools for our clients to reduce no-shows. It sounds like they are working well for you. And yes, we also get a lot of positive feedback on the color-coding. Thanks again for the review!

Sherri P. Sherri P.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 30/09/2016

Valuable Asset, for sure!

Five stars all around - almost. I would give the "ease of use" 4.5 stars, if possible. I just haven't had the time to work with the program enough to find out all the features and how to use them. That's on me but I wanted to be honest in my review!

Pros

Record-keeping

Cons

Lots of features - pro and con. Sometimes too many to learn in a short time. I think keeping the options limited and tweaking them as needed is better than offering too many features.

Michele G. Michele G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

very effective

Pros

to the point texts and emails. very easy to understand.

Cons

a bit pesky. you reply to text, and still usually get another and email notification. just can be a bit much as a consumer.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Michele, thank you for your review. We are very happy that our software has been an effective tool for you. We also appreciate your feedback that will help us make our software even better. Thank you for selecting AppointmentPlus for your online scheduling solution.

Replied 13/01/2020
Shakiera E. Shakiera E.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 18/11/2016

GREAT SOFTWARE & GREAT CUSTOMER SUPPORT!!!

I called in and spoke with Gary La Loggia, he was very helpful. He helped me customize my software to better suit my needs! I would highly recommend

Pros

customizable

Cons

na

Natalie M. Natalie M.

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

AppointmentPlus has worked wonders

This software helped us eliminate wait times at our plasma donation center by being so effective with our staff, donors, and desired time slots.

Pros

There is so much to it and all the details and customization available is the best ever.

Cons

The layout and finding certain tools can be a little confusing and we have more glitches than I am comfortable with.

Response from AppointmentPlus

Natalie, thank you for the review. We are a big fan of the work that Grifols does and everything you stand for. It's an honor to serve you. Keep up the amazing work.

Tom S. Tom S.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Great tool

Pros

The auto email notifications and the reports that can be generated. I also like how user friendly the customer view is, and the ability to customize it.

Cons

It is very complicated, with a million questions to figure out, but with the great customer service, it makes it easier.