Shift4Shop Reviews

About Shift4Shop

Shift4Shop, formerly 3dcart, is a comprehensive cloud-based eCommerce solution that helps businesses create online stores with all necessary functionality already built in. Businesses can create online stores using their own...

3.9

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 16/02/2019

3dCart does E_commerse BETTER

3dcart is one of its kind, i can always recommend this app to everyone that cares to build an online presence for their business. You will never regret using 3dcart.

everything you need to sell online is on 3dcart!

Pros

using 3dCart you have great opportunity and access to everything you need for creating a complete eCommerce website, online store and blog on a free of charge basis

As an aspiring seller, you don't have to own a factory before you can begin selling products online. the dropshipping platform by 3dcart is awesome

There is a top notch SEO on 3dcart that helps you optimize your website to be seen by more visitors and consequently convert more of them into paying customers

within few minutes you can sign up and set up your account. then begin to customize it with the numerous tools already available on the platform to suite what you have in mind for your business

Cons

The liability to be bear by small/upcoming seller using the drop shipping avenue could be more strictly dealt with such that the seller don't have to go through a lot of rigor to settle dispute that has to do wit orders.

Tom

Reviewed on 21/01/2018

I am amazed at how many good things 3D cart does.

Pros

It is feature rich. It does everything it should, and It even has modules that can be turned on that do even more. This is an excellent shopping cart and I now have three of them. Easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Cons

There are some things I would like to add, things I consider to be basic customizations, like the ability to add flat rate shipping at different rates per product. 3D Cart has for hire programmers to do it but for a steep price. I would like more affordable customizations.

Trevor
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 26/01/2022

Decent platform, but ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE customer service.

While the program has a decent amount to offer, by far the worst part of it is your access to customer service or technical support. Their support structure is absolutely broken and makes it near impossible to get anything fixed. When you call, you only have access to their "Technical Support Specialists" who often hardly know anything when it comes to technical issues. There is often never a way to get things resolved over the phone, because they are required to create "tickets" that will receive responses at a later time, but once someone responds to your ticket when you send a response back, THEY DON'T RECEIVE IT. I now have been instructed to call them every time I send a response so that one of their support technicians can manually input my response for me. We have had a persisting issue with our website where our products are incorrectly displaying whether they are "In Stock" or "Out of Stock" which is a pretty big deal that has resulted in a loss of tens of thousands of dollars for our business because our customers assume that we are out of stock on our top products. This issue has been going on for over a month now, and they have gotten nowhere. Every time I get on the phone to check the progress of the (now "elevated") ticket, I have to re-explain the issue, and they try to push me to do the same things I have been doing for weeks. I have tried asking and pleading to talk to someone higher up or a developer of some sort, but they tell me that it's impossible. FML.

Pros

Shift4Shop (formerly 3dcart) is decent for small businesses that need a lot of included functionality fresh out of the box. You have access to a lot of tools if you know how to find and use them.
Unfortunately, if any of these tools break or get held up, good luck getting help with fixing it.

Cons

By far the worst customer support I have experienced in a while. Many of the employees are quite kind and try hard to be helpful, but they send you around in circles and you can never talk to someone who is actually capable of resolving technical issues. Even when tickets are "elevated" and "marked as urgent" I run into the same issues of having to re-explain issues and getting nowhere.
We are personally going on for over a month now with an unresolved issue that is significantly affecting our business. We have literally NOT MADE ANY PROGRESS on the issue, and it feels like I'm running in endless circles with their Tech Support team. I will go into further detail below.

Reasons for Switching to Shift4Shop

We are unable to use Shopify and some other big-name Ecomm brands due to the nature of our industry.

Top Shift4Shop Alternatives

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/03/2020

3dcart Shopping cart software with a wide array of plug ins

We run quite a few businesses online and with 3dcart we have been able to use the different templates for our different businesses. We can use different payment gateways with 3dcart so this is great.

Pros

This software has a variety of templates that one can use. If you are technically savvy you can also make use of various other plugins. We liked it because ir can easily be integrated to google products as well.

Cons

Customer service seems to be a bit slow but when you do get someone, you are rest assured your problem will be solved.

• Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Overall, pretty good

Pros

Good basic features for creating a website. Drag and drop and editing it pretty nice. Nice for small company Ecommerce site.

Cons

Lacking in more advanced features. Lacks sophisticated design and plugins like other platforms have.

WooCommerce and Shopify
Henry

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

Effort Versus Cost

Having used the software for over a year, and keeping up to date with Shift4shop news and regularly scheduled fixes, we are fairly satisficed with the service. It was certainly a learning process, and we spent more time understanding the software than we would compared to a competing service, however the end result is acceptable. For a service that is mostly free to use, we have determined that the amount of work and learning required has been worth it.

Pros

We are constantly discovering new functions as the software is being used on a daily basis. Shift4shop truly has everything we need to operate a successful e-commerce business, and at no upfront cost (terms apply to that assessment). As far as we can determine, there are no essential features missing from the services that Shift4shop offers.

Cons

The software is most definitely not user-friendly for the common e-commerce entrepreneur. When we first starting using Shift4shop in early 2020, composing our storefront was a nightmare, and required that every member of our team need learn information, processes, and language just to navigate and operate the software. (Shift4shop does provide basic video tutorials for most functions, for new users).

Reasons for Choosing Shift4Shop

While Zyro provides an excellent and affordable web-building service, their e-commerce integration severely lacked where presentation is concerned. To be clear, Zyro's e-commerce platform is by far more user-friendly in all aspects, but it counts for nothing if the appearance of the optional online store remains to be an eyesore. The switch to Shift4shop has provided us with a traditional-looking online storefront, and countless more essential options we require to be successful.

Zyro

Reasons for Switching to Shift4Shop

Plainly put, Shift4shop was chosen for their unbeatable pricing. The decision wasn't easy. Shopify offers many integrations we would have found extremely beneficial to our business, but as we are no to e-commerce, it seemed wise to choose Shift4shop so we could worry about how to operate the business, and not having to fund it by paying for a storefront.
Cindy

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Technical Glitches

Not very good. Can't access my store and close it.

Pros

Shift4shop has a lot of features to customize your store.

Cons

I couldn't get back into my store. I contacted customer service several times to reset my password. No success. I'd like to just close it, but they tell me that I have to log in to do that. I've since moved on to Shopify.

Reasons for Switching to Shift4Shop

It was free on the front end, no monthly subscription fee.
Muddassar
Muddassar

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Build your Professional Online Store

I have a very professional experience with 3dcart because I have designed a professional online store using 3dcart. I really love that I can customize my store according to my requirements and it's fully secure.

Pros

3dcart allows you to build your beautiful online store. You can select your choice of payments with real-time shipping. If you want to increase your sales conversions then 3dcart is the best option for you. You can easily manage products, orders, and customers.

Cons

I never found any problem with adding the products or managing my dashboard. Everything is easy to learn and use without any kind of issues.

Ed
Ed

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Need to Sell Online? 3D Cart Makes it Happen!

Overall 3D Cart can take get your retail business online fast and efficiently.

Pros

3D helped us get our online up and running fast. Their system is easy to use and had a great set of features. We literally had our store up and running in just days! When we needed a hand, they were there.

Cons

A few more design options would be a great addition.

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Great customer service

Overall solid trust worthy platform to build your ecommerce site with.

Pros

Easy to get ahold of custmer service when issues arrose.

Cons

Difficulties integrating with platforms such as facebook and instagram.

Nghia

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Use it at your risk if you are a beginner!

Pros

Very friendly user interface and feature rich

Cons

Money grabber. Additional purchase of apps and features will continue to drain your money. Non-existing in-person support. Questions get answered after 24 hours. Good luck on demo and training.
Everything regarding to money gets deferred to a non-working billing department. I left many unanswered messages and no responses.

Jessica
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Very Intense Shopping Cart

Having an oversized website can be a huge headache. But breaking things down to parts and structuring them to the 3D Cart system has made it much easier to keep things organized.

Pros

It works well with any level of developer. For beginners you can make and publish a product with just a name, pic and price. But the more savvy can get as detailed on the products and functionality as they want. The site even allows for custom programming and html mock ups. So as a simple to diverse system, this has been the best I've seen. And I have tried many platforms. This has been my favorite. And when they say "unlimited" they mean Unlimited.

Cons

Having such a large website sometimes things break and take time to fix. But they do have 24 hour support to help.

Robert

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Excellent product

I have used 3dCart for my online store probably for more than 10 years now, and I have been completely satisfied with their program and with their customer service. Their software is easy to use and easy to learn. I had them set up the program for me when I first began and it is still working smoothly today.

Pros

ease of use, updates are automatically applied and are not done very often so there is no disruption, excellent service support, flexible program can be easily customized, competitive pricing, excellent tutorials, no coding skill is necessary for use, good communication from the company
from

Cons

too many options for add ons for similar types of add on modules, a lot of space wasted on the screen (better now with the latest upgrade), finding photos in file manager is difficult

Joel

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

Coding required!

It was great for the time we had it. But, too much moving around with the interface and lots of coding to get things in the right layout. As powerful as it may be, we had to switch to something simpler.

Pros

It's a good e-commerce shopping cart for a majority of online sales. Offering a comprehensive e-commerce solution. It has retail multi-channel and marketing capabilities as well, an advanced customizable platform.

Cons

For the most part, would require someone who knows some html. In other words, not for basic users. And it offers limited themes. Most useful for doing things from scratch.

Mary

Reviewed on 25/10/2016

From a blank page to a full site the little home brew store that could!

This was my first experience with a web page. I had to start our on line store. I had little or no experience with this sort of thing. I am proud to say our site is very easy to use. If I have a question or problem Customer Support is right there to help. I would recommend this to any one who needs a on line presents. If I can do you so can you!

Pros

The choices and ease of use. The little clips that walk me threw something that I am trying to do for the first time.

Cons

Not having a little clip in certain sections to walk me threw the first time.
Wish you had more options like constant contact for news letters Then I would not need them and would be able to do it all in one spot.

Patrick
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 21/05/2022

Discontinued Email Support

Cons

Stupidest decision in Cost Cutting these morons ever made by discontinung Smartermail for customers. Now we have to find a 3rd party to get Orders/Communications via email at additional cost. Worse yet the damn HOOPS we have to go thru to set that up with the 3rd Party provider is ridiculous. Sometimes in business "Cutting Costs" is "Cutting Your Own Throat". If we could get off this platform I would do it in a minute and we'll NEVER recommend them to anyone.

Jason

Reviewed on 04/04/2020

Best for Online Biz

I have had more than $200k in sales using my 3dCart store.

Pros

3dCart is very easy to use. I have 2 stores with 3dCart. 3dCart's dashboard makes managing my stores and inventory so simple. I can handle everything from designing the look of my website to fulfilling orders with 3dCart.

Cons

The only problem I have encountered is the inability to provide a coupon based on type of checkout option.

Kevin

Reviewed on 31/10/2019

Shopping Cart made simple

We have had a very positive experience with the usability of 3d cart . I would recommend it.

Pros

The product is inexpensive and has a lot of canned features. For a company in need of an inexpensive solution, this is the one

Cons

lack of customizing. i have a bunch of clients that need stores. each client has a little nuance to their specific needs, 3d cart is limited in that way

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

3DCart E-Commerce

The website I manage has A LOT of products, and over 1,000 subcategories in some categories. 3Dcart handles this very well without too much of a lag. Products are very easy to add.

Pros

-Easy to add products with details
-Easy to apply products where they are needed on the website
-Easy to customize for your website needs

Cons

- Customer service takes forever
- Some themes have scripts that are not easy to manipulate

Jeff

Reviewed on 24/10/2016

3D cart eCommerce experience

I have used 3dcart for over three years now and have 3 sites hosted with them.
They are sharp on their customer support and the features are abundant.

I would recommend them for a start up business or a ongoing business to launch a web site and become part of the eCommerce revolution.

Pros

All the features and the reliability of the company.

Cons

Pricey on the hosting plan I am on due to traffic but not reflected in my sales.

Nik

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Great as a whole

Pros

The 3dcart-platform is a good starter e-commerce platform for those trying to launch a commerce store. It's easy to use and offers a complete e-commerce solution.

Cons

Not a huge fan of the different price-tier plans that they offer. If you're on the lower plans you seem to always exceed you bandwidth limit.

April

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

You will lose money

Not good

Pros

Once set up its easy to add product if it works correctly

Cons

My customers ALWAYS have problems with the payment screen at checkout. I've lost so much money with this account. Customers resort to calling me with their order because 9x out of 10 their is an issue with the site.

Scott

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

Good Solution if you are looking for a template builder!

Pros

The ability to switch the overall look of the site is very simple. There are various templates available as well.

Cons

It is a bit pricey and has a lot of restrictions regarding products. If you wanted to upload a decent amount of products to your site, the monthly fee is pretty high.

Joe

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

Great Value & Support

3dCart is my fourth ecommerce platform, best so far, great features for the money. There are some basic things like better Captcha that are desperately needed, as well as better flexibility on promotions, but they are improving. So far customer support has been outstanding.

Pros

value, features, support

Cons

minor things, need better Captcha.

Robert

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

3d Cart Software

Https has given us better search results. Which is available inhouse

Pros

The back end is very organized to include opening up new pages and most importantly SEO areas. With updates Google aims at e-commerce websites, the 3dcart software is a day at the beach.

Cons

I personally can't think of a single area. If images were available awesome however we found it's best to obtain that with a camera.