Service Fusion Reviews

About Service Fusion

Service Fusion is an all-in-one, cloud-based field service management software. It caters to service contractors and businesses of all sizes across multiple industries. Service Fusion offers field service management, VoIP phone...

4.2

Browse Service Fusion Reviews

Reviewed on 21/03/2019

New, but VERY impressed with features for the money, and MOSTLY SUPPORT!

Again, I'm new and just started managing people in it.. but my overall feeling is I can certainly run my business on it. I'm sure some things will annoy us and we'll wish it could do this or that, but it's very flexible to a variety of service/ field businesses. We're excited about choosing it and incorporating our processes around it.

Pros

I reviewed and tested over 15 softwares to help us run our property services company, and Service Fusion was the clear winner. Although lacking in some things I would like to see, it has more in one package at a reasonable price than all the others. I'm also excited about their new version coming out.

Main reason for this review though is RAVE about the support I received from CSR; I believe a manager in support I was lucky enough to get on the phone when I called in. Before I spoke to CSR, I was still very lost on how to BEST apply the software to our business needs, and this was after 2 implementation meetings with my onboarding specialist.

Long story, short, I spoke to CSR for 4 fast hours as he let me talk outloud and verbalize the multiple "if this then that" scenarios I would wrestle with to make sure I was using SF in the most efficient way possible.
Then, after listening intently, and putting himself in my shoes, he would work with me to find the answer.

To add to the best software service I have had in years, at the end of the call, he asked me to hold as we were wrapping up 2 last points so he could say goodbye to his team as they were leaving for the day. Then, CSR spoke to me for another 30 to 45 minutes AFTER he was done for the day.

Before my call with CSR, I felt like I was a 2 out of 10 on the program. After my call, I felt like I was a 8/9 out of 10.

THAT is the type of support that will help us succeed with SF!

Cons

New so still finding things out, but 1 thing is there seem to be some fields that aren't that functional; more placeholders. If they were functional based on the data they contain, it would be amazing! For example, you can put how many manhours per unit of measure a service costs. However, when you ad a quantity, it doesn't calculate the manhours; it's more of just a placeholder?!

Reporting could be a little more custom too.

I'm hopeful some of these things are going to be addressed in V2 sometime this year, but even if they aren't, this is still a LOT of engine and features for the money.

Tina
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Hands on use of Service Fusion

Overall, very pleased. Anytime I have ever reached out to SF for assistance, it has been a good experience.

Pros

I like that we can sync alot of stuff into Quickbooks. I know there is more that can be done but I have only been here 1 year so I am working on more critical things and then hope to learn more.

Cons

Inconsistency of syncing invoices and payments so that they match up

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you for leaving us a review! Don't forget to check out our Knowledge Base for thousands of articles written for professionals by professionals to help you learn the software more.

Sharlee
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

good but can be slow

often INCREDIBLY slow to load reports, refresh dispatch grid, and edit a larger job

Pros

increased efficiency with having information between office and tech smooth

Cons

so slow to load reports and dispatch and edit larger work orders.

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear the application has been slow for you. Please contact support to see if there is anything they can do for you.

Replied 17/05/2024
Kevin
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Easy to set up and use out the box

very user friendly, takes less than 30 minutes to cover what is needed for a new tech or office worker that needs to use the system.

Pros

you can import certain data fields, others are copy and paste unless you are starting from nothing. Help Desk support is fantastic, never had an issue the person on the phone could not answer - Top Notch!

Cons

everything should be able to import when setting up another account or system

Response from Service Fusion

So glad you find Service Fusion to be user friendly and beneficial to your business. Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Replied 17/05/2024
Ken

Reviewed on 04/05/2024

The best decision I ever made!

The absolute best business decision I ever made. Our net profit increased at least 50% with SF. All customers information is always at our fingertips.

Pros

Scheduling, tracking, customer history and getting paid better. Everything is at our fingertips

Cons

The only thing I think could be better is service agreement scheduling and management. I also don’t like the new drop down box for receiving payments. Pictures are too slow to load.

Payzerware

I liked them both. The lower price is why I chose SF

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you so much for sharing! Service Fusion is proud to have been part of your growing business.

Replied 13/05/2024

Reviewed on 24/11/2023

Worst HVAC software of all time

Pros

Nothing. They lie and steal with abandon. Anything to get you to sign. The answers to all of your questions will be “yes” without any regard to whether or not it can actually be done. Highway robbery.

Cons

I’ve been in the HVAC industry as an owner and consultant for 20+ years. Ive had significant exposure to just about every platform out there. Service Fusion is the WORST and MOST DISHONEST I have ever dealt with. Not by a little, by a landslide. They lied about possible integrations, what the software could do, and many other things. We had to hire 3rd party developers to try to make it work, and it was not possible. The loss on our business is immeasurable as we had to go back to what we originally had after tens of thousands of dollars in spend based on the jerk salesman’s empty promises and lies. Of course, he’s “no longer with the company” when I complained, and I’m having to work overtime just to get the account shut off let along my refund. This company is the WORST. Run away, don’t walk.

Albert

Need a lot of work

I like that you have training videos but sometimes its a lot easier to go to the point and help out with a human. Am not going to lie it makes your job easier once you learn how to use it. I wish that you guys had a different ways (apps) to use it on the go for the phone system.

Pros

Simple if you know how to organized your team.

Cons

Service call a.i. needs a lot of work for a new set up and to many missed calls as customer service told me that if i didn't like head sets that i was still on time to switch back. As i was having a hard time to fix the settings. You guys need to find a different way to train someone on this new system. Also have customer service available on Easter time as they all start at Pacific time and we have to wait 3 hours to get someone to help you early.

Response from Service Fusion

We are sorry to hear you are not loving your experience with Service Fusion. Our Support Team extended their hours at the beginning of the year and are available from 7am - 7pm ET. Please contact them with any of your concerns and they will be happy to address them with you!

Replied 16/05/2024
Todd

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Great software

Pros

Everything is working great for our needs.

Cons

Initial setup support was a little shady and creating an invoice from a walk-in customer takes a while.

Response from Service Fusion

We are constantly trying to improve our implementation processes. If you have any additional feedback on how we could have done things better, please contact our Support Team.

Brenda

Gilford NH

Generally satisfied. It's hard when we live on the east coast and your company is based in Texas, which is a different time zone and we seem to have to wait until 10 a.m. our time to get help.

Pros

You should write "do" above, not did (past tense like we are leaving you.)
What I like most about SF is it is user friendly.

Cons

Like least, that you can't hit the back button and be exactly where you were. Everything resets. When creating a job it defaults to dispatched status instead of scheduled status. We have to change it from dispatched to scheduled. Issues with estimates, have to save as pdf to get it to print on one page. Otherwise, it prints address field separate from the details. Can be slow at times, especially when using search function.

Response from Service Fusion

Thank you for your honest feedback! Please use our ideas portal to submit some of your suggestions to our product and development team. Also, our support team expanded their available hours at the beginning of the year. Support is available from 7 am - 7 pm ET.

Replied 16/05/2024
Frank

My Experience

After working with Service Fusion for 2+ years I understand that I have more to learn from it, but it sure makes certain aspects of my job easier.

Pros

Outstanding customer service. Every time I have had an issue/problem, the support has been exceptional and the problem was resolved.

Cons

The accounting side can be a little confusing especially for a novice with that side of the business.

Response from Service Fusion

Our Support Team works hard to deliver best in class support to our customers. Thank you so much for the kind review.

Carla

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Wow, great product and great support!

We were skeptical about switching from one online program to another for our dispatch and billing needs but holy cow, so glad we did! From the beginning they have been so helpful. We can now look customers up by address, phone number, etc... We can add contacts for each job location, as many as we want, we can add service locations with notes, as many as we want... The accounting portion, unpaid invoices etc... is great. Being able to figure out what jobs haven't been billed out is simple. This program is helping us be more efficient, collect money faster and thus buy new equipment sooner. There are so many options with this program, it's truly amazing.

Pros

It is hard to say what we like most about Service Fusion because all the parts work together to help our business function at it's best. Maybe the customer support. They actually want to help us, can help us and know what they are talking about. They give answers instead of the run around, every single time without fail. It is truly amazing and compared to other programs we have used it is night and day the level of expertise and perfection.

Cons

The video tutorials. They were a bit torturous. Watching a video of a learning session that lasts a couple of hours while trying to run an emergency service company and take care of customers is asking too much.

• Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

Best Software for running a service-business available. (I would know, I've looked at all of...

Service fusion is the best software out there that I have seen. We used to use Smart Service and when one of their tech support agents expressed surprise that I had 8 tabs open and the software was still functioning I realized that it was a sub-par product. After that myself and our management sat through multiple software demonstrations to make sure we didn't end up with another sub-par software. Of all the demonstrations we went through, Service Fusion was, by far, the most cost effective and capable software available on the market. It runs on the internet, so we can access it from any computer or tablet without having to download any additional software. It also updates regularly, which, since it's on the web I don't have to visit each work station in the office to update software anymore, which is a huge time saver.

Pros

The most impactful features for us are all of the automatic things the software does to communicate with our customers. It emails and texts them automatically the day before an appointment and when the technician is on their way. It has the widest range of features of any service-program I've seen and it is easy to use once the system has been setup to your liking. The Service Fusion team updates the software often, so we're always up-to-date with the latest features.

Cons

The only things that could be better are:
The field application for technicians. It would be easier for us if we could create and edit inspection reports in the service fusion app itself instead of having to leave the app to fill out our reports and then upload them to the job.

Response from Service Fusion

Andrew, we sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience with our software.

Replied 20/09/2022
Makenzie

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Dispatch Made Easy

I really enjoy Service Fusion. It stands out among the crowd of dispatch software. Other programs I had used were glitchy and ended up causing me to spend more time fixing the problem then getting actual work done. One thing that deserves mention is SF's amazing customer service. I cannot sing his ( our tech) praises enough. This man deserves a raise, as he is always helpful, and actually interested in ME , not just work!!

Pros

My favorite thing about this software is how easy it is to create/schedule jobs. The way they are displayed on the dispatch board so that I can see what is scheduled but unassigned, what has been dispatched, and what needs a follow up. I also enjoy how easy the software is for the techs and the fact that there is a space for all the information we are interested in collecting (i.e. equipment type)

Cons

The one thing I really dislike about this software is how difficult it is to just get a simple list of the VIP customers or maintenance contracts. Previously we used FieldEdge and all I had to do was simply hit "Maintenance Contract Customers" and it would list all the contracts- when they were purchased, when they expired, and if they had previously been on contract and failed to renew. I don't like the fact that I have to put in the dates what not. I just want an easy one-click button.

Paddy

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Love the product but REALLY LOVE the support team - Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Extremely happy.

Pros

The communication tools for both the clients and our techs in the field. We're still learning more great features every day and experimenting. Love how they are constantly adding new features and easy explanations of how to use them. When we have questions, and we often do, the support team is amazing!

Cons

We're in the process of learning more about the great features of Fusion. There is a lot here that we're not using yet... yet.

Jake

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Software does not SYNC to quickbooks, it PUSHES data to quickbooks. No return data.

The sales process was great, no surprise there. Maybe give some of that commission to the devs so you guys can catch up with everyone else.

Pros

They have the right idea and it's close to being a good software.

Cons

They claim (falsely) that they "sync" with QB. In reality, they only push data to quickbooks.

In our situation, we deposit checks from clients and that data is pulled automatically in QB. Service Fusion does not record the payment automatically so we must go in and apply the payment to the invoice in question.

When we return to QB, there is a double transaction from their high-tech "syncing" that cannot be removed. This results in a vastly inaccurate balance in QB.

If you call them for assistance, they basically tell you to stop syncing to QB.

So in conclusion, you can track either track finances with QB or service fusion but never both. You'll either have outstanding invoices in SF (which will email your customers telling them they're past due) or you can have totally screwed math in QB and never push invoices there.

This is not a system - more like a band-aid.

Morgan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Critical errors with zero customer support

Pros

We have been using Service Fusion for about a year; coming from a completely paper system this was revolutionary. Great for field service managers and AR

Cons

The Fusion Pay has been a disaster. We have automated monthly invoices that double bill our customers, or don't bill them at all. I call on the 1st or 2nd day of every month for the last 5 months letting them know of these ongoing issues and asking for help or a resolve - 5 months later, still no answers or even calls back. In fact this month it seems to have gotten worse. This comes on the heels of an email letting me know they're bumping our bill up another $50 a month. I am paying close to $500 a month and am losing customers because we are double charging their credit cards. Tech support shrugs, doesn't seem to care.

ServiceTitan and WorkWave Route Manager

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

Seemed to do what I needed at a good price point. Good reviews on Capterra.
Hannah

Reviewed on 14/06/2022

Much Improved

I've been using this software for years and it has much improved over time. There are several add-on features like call tracking and phone automation that are very useful.

Pros

I like the ability to schedule workers, schedule payment notifications, and do job costing all from the same place.

Cons

It can be a little tricky to navigate and the custom template setup is a bit lacking.

Alex

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

Reliable software that does what they say it will...

I am really happy with Service Fusion. It does what they say it will. It's reliable.

Pros

I am very happy with Service Fusion. We have found that the software performs in the way it was presented to us. I like that it integrates with QuickBooks. It is going to enable us to fully implement going paperless this year. Like any software, there is a learning curve, and it has some limitations but when you call tech support they are helpful and usually resolve or explain my issue. There are lots of report options that have reliable data. The integration to QuickBooks actually works. I think the paperless is actually appealing to customers in the estimate process and easy for them to view and accept quotes.

Cons

There are some quirks with the QuickBooks integration that would have been helpful to understand better before we transferred our data/customers into Service Fusion. I think some of the issues we've experienced, we wouldn't have had we not been working with existing customers and database. I would have been willing to pay to have had Service Fusion help more with our database and making it better to communicate within the two softwares. Our main issue we encountered was that parent/sub accounts from QB came over with all the same name and addresses. Also, our customers in QB had customer numbers in front of their names, and its an ongoing issue with the integration tool not being able to differentiate between customer numbers and job numbers. In general the integration tool seems to skew our list data in QB and we frequently have to rebuild our data and correct things. I don't consider this a Service Fusion issue, however, when we encountered it Service Fusion was able to explain it and I just wish they could have educated us on this from the get go and we could have tried to edit our database or something. If Service Fusion would have offered to help with this for a fee, I would have paid it. I wish: when you were editing a work order, to make it into a invoice, that the PO's against it stayed viewable. there were not so many clicks to invoice a call and then print it. I think in total its like 4-5 clicks/multiple new pages. PO & product catalog communicated.

Response from Service Fusion

We are so happy to hear Service Fusion will enable your business to go fully paperless this year! Service Fusion is currently working to increase our prowess and expertise on Quickbooks to make this process seamless. We hope to have better support resources soon to help you and customers with cases like yours.

Replied 27/03/2023
Crysten

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Great for small HVAC companies

Overall our experience with Service Fusion has been great. It's a tool that will do well for any small service company. I would love to see Service Fusion step up their partnership with larger organizations like ACCA and do more with their on boarding process. We were left to figuring out how to apply the tool to our own processes and how to get the tool to do things we wanted it to do for us. Service Fusion was there for us when we have questions, but a better on boarding process with a consultant to help us set up would have saved Service Fusion teams from less questions down the road and helped us ensure we're using the tool/setting up our own methods properly in the first place. I would still recommend Service Fusion to any small business like ours.

Pros

It's allowed our small business to get more connected with customers and create a better customer database along with new payment portals not available to us before. We are still learning the tool but we've already saved time regarding payroll and getting critical data in the hands of our Technicians when they are out in the field. Connecting the field to the office support team has been critical in ensuring we're providing our best selves to the end customer.

The Service Fusion team has been incredible! They are super supportive and answer any questions we have on any given day within minutes. They have helpful videos and go the extra mile to help in every aspect. Great Team!

Cons

While there are some incredible features that have helped us, there are some limitations and clunkiness that needs to be ironed out. The dispatching views are great but limited to size of screen - having to reduce the overall screen to see our entire team doesn't give us a view of the bigger picture. The phone app doesn't allow this larger picture of schedules when we're out of the office, however the dispatch does connect to Google Calendar to get it but still makes it so we're jumping through multiple clicks to get answers to customers on our availability when we're in the field.

Reporting on schedules and tracking schedules is somewhat limited. There is no good way to handle tracking paid time off (which we offer to our employees) so we are left to creating our own work arounds to track this. We run into our teams forgetting to track their time and needing to update their time on the back end - there are ways to get it updated, but it's clunky - multiple clicks through multiple areas isn't always transparent on method.

We have clients with multiple properties and while the tool supports this model, we would love for it to track the equipment to each property so we're not having to manually look this information up. For us being in HVAC, we need a way to track the size of the air filter for a few of our customers that own hundreds/thousands of properties. Being able to tie equipment to property would be huge.

Reviewed on 30/03/2017

This software is not ready for work.

First I would begin saying that this software looks great on the demo presentation. But after you start working with it, you dive into a huge pile of issues. We have used this software for several months and the only thing that I can say is "waste of money" besides the monthly payments we have invested hundreds of hours in importing our company's data into the software and setting up the work structure. All along it was a bumpy ride. We started noticing "issues" that were critical for any company's workflow, but when spoke to their tech support, all those "issues" became "features". The tech support people said to me that they are coming out with a new system that had been completely rebuilt from the ground up. When asked when will this system become available, nobody knew. The fact of the matter is that if the software was good, why would they need to redesign it entirely? They know that the system is problematic, but refuse to admit that in public. If you are ready to spend alot of money and time, this could be a great adventure, but if you are looking for a real working field service management software for your business, look elsewhere. Good luck.

Pros

It looks like a perfect fit for our business model. We liked the option that the technician on the field can capture pre and post work signatures.

Cons

The technician mobile app does not have any way to work offline. The app is full of bugs and not functunal at all on the field. The online system is very cluttered to work with.

Response from Service Fusion

Hi David:

Thank You for your feedback.

We are not without flaws and we definitely don't claim to accommodate every workflow, but we try very hard to make it work for everyone who decides to give us a shot. We wouldn't have over 1,000 paying customers with a "great demo" alone.

I understand it's important to you, but offline support is a feature, not an issue. There were other things on your list that we simply didn't do. It wasn't a feature that was "broken". It just wasn't available.

Our V2 features more than offline support. It has a built-in VoIP phone system, a CRM, email, progress invoicing & more. Everything our customers asked for. And it uses the latest tech available today, not two years ago. We rebuilt from the ground up because it has a completely different architecture. Phone manufacturers roll out new phones every year not because the last model was bad, but because the new model is better.

I am sorry we couldn't be a great fit for you at this time.

Max

Replied 30/03/2017
Shawna

Reviewed on 27/02/2023

Easy to use, and Optimal Customer Service

I just started using Service fusion 8 months ago, at first I was scared I would mess up the whole process of customers and scheduling my technicians. But Service Fusion has proven over and over again their product is easy to use, implement, and there really isn't much that you can't "undo" if you make a mistake. If I can't figure out how to do something all I have to do is contact customer service and they walk me through step by step!

Pros

The easy of use for this product is amazing! If I think there might be a better way to do a task, I can always reach out to Customer care and they are fabulous in trouble shooting my ideas.

Cons

The only drawback is when there are more than on tech on a job, the real time data is not available on the calendar home page.

Housecall Pro

Reasons for Switching to Service Fusion

The ease of use and the cost

Response from Service Fusion

Your feedback is valued! Thank you for taking time to leave us a review.

Replied 27/03/2023
Rick

Reviewed on 21/02/2023

Raving Fan

The customer service is outstanding. They are quick to walk me through to solutions.

Pros

It is a wonderful platform. This is my third platform from similar companies. All of the others have invoicing, calendar, etc. ServiceFusion is special. I use the VOIP phone feature, the data in Reports, accounting tab, and all the color coded dashboards. It is a great, great platform to run a business. If a prospect wants to just keep track of his jobs, there are less expensive options. But if a prospect wants to run a business, SF is a great solution.

Cons

It was very difficult to launch SF. The great thing about SF is it is highly customizable. The bad thing is that it is very customizable. It was very hard to get all the communication, forms, colors, etc set-up. Housecall took 1/10 the time to set-up. But now that it is set-up, I love, love SF.

Response from Service Fusion

Your raving review is much appreciated! Thank you for your feedback.

Replied 23/02/2023

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

Managing Member

Up until December 2022 and January 2023 it was a 5 star experience. If you plan to process credit card transactions, there is a possibility that you may be dissatisfied with that part of the platform. We are currently working through a solution or could consider finding another platform.

Pros

The program platform is very good to excellent for the HVAC industry, especially when we compared the platform more than 2 years ago to other platforms.

Cons

At the end of the 2022 fiscal year, Service Fusion changed its gateway process for credit card transactions and we are no longer allowed to use the credit card processing company we had used for several years. The research being asked by what is appears to be a 3rd party vendor is very comprehensive. Because we did not provide information, they held up an $8,000 transaction and shared they would not process payment to us either for 90+ days or until we provide information.

Brian
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 20/02/2017

Handles a lot but too many bugs

This is a complex program. I strongly recommend the training videos. Things do not seem to work as expected. This program is way too much for a one person shop. Be wary of glitches. Estimates and payments are sorted by day - all months and years are mixed together. Deposits get lost in Quickbooks online causing accounting issues that need to be tracked down and fixed. Estimates that are given to customers are not easy to track down - you need to look for them by global search. It is difficult to find estimates except through the estimate dashboard. I never got the parts part to work - it requires entering parts to the program, then to the supplier then... I could not use it. I don't have enough time in the day to do all the entering. Very slow on a network. Use a fast computer. If your internet goes down, you are stuck. You cannot get your data back. You are stuck with it.

Pros

Handles almost any part of a service shop you can ever require. Handles things I never thought of.

Cons

Very complex interface. Some important details are always off screen, like tax settings for customers. The remote app has glitches and may not work as expected - I am experiencing issues with parent customers. It is hard to follow the status relationship automatics when creating an estimate, then a job and then an invoice. Payments and deposits often get lost in Quickbooks even when Service Fusion says everything updated correctly.

Lucan

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Cloud based solution for work orders and maintenance

It allows us to keep track of hundreds of service calls a day and allows our technicians to keep track of their times and call history.

Pros

The Service Fusion support team is very responsive and fairly quick to remedy problems and add new features. The app allows us to send jobs and work order requests to technicians in the field. The app also allows technicians and office staff to update notes and information in real-time. It offers everything needed to maintain a small to medium sized service company.

Cons

Updates to the platform are often rolled out with little to no warning. The platform is very stable, however, when it does go down, you are basically dead in the water until it's back up and running. They have back up servers for down time, but they operate at a much slower speed, impacting production during those rare instances.