Smartsheet Reviews

About Smartsheet

Smartsheet is a work execution platform and collaboration tool with a familiar spreadsheet-like interface that helps teams plan, track, and manage projects in real-time. Smartsheet features include a range of project management...

Browse Smartsheet Reviews

3,159 of 3,159 reviews
Marianela
Marianela
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 29/01/2023

Smartsheet platform, designed for dynamic and collaborative work in project monitoring.

Smartsheet is a modern and flexible tool for managing activities related to a project of any size and degree of complexity. Its implementation of automated workflows is based on a philosophy oriented towards simplicity, making repetitive processes free through code that generates value for the user, in addition to incorporating mechanisms for sending alerts, managing requests for approvals and updates, configuring recurring workflows such as service requests, daily deadline reminders, and much more.

Pros

One of the most important characteristics of Smartsheet is the ability to manage any type of project without having to adapt to the tool itself, but rather the opposite, Smartsheet adapts to the client's needs, with the multiplicity of templates that we can take advantage of to generate effective, collaborative planning and perform real-time monitoring, in addition to having a fairly complete dashboard to have the reports that are really needed.Its simplicity in the designed architecture and usability allows the learning curve to be very fast and end users have no problem being part of the team that contributes and generates value.

Cons

Smartsheet may be an underrated platform with some interesting third-party integration opportunities, but its usefulness in tracking projects of any kind has proven effective.It adapts to the needs of the organization and our clients, with a multitude of templates that we can use to generate real planning, and that connect with the management of resources, both human and material for comprehensive monitoring.

Grace
Grace

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

Smartsheet is a fantastic resource for teamwork

Using Smartsheet, our team is able to centralize our paperwork, more accurately claim and monitor our work, improve our ability to interact with one another, and gain deeper insight into any lingering tasks.

Pros

The best part about using Smartsheets is that you can keep all of your information in one place, including notes, files, and contacts. The system is intuitive because it is laid out similarly to common spreadsheets but with additional features.

Cons

It's not simple to put in place. Only one person, in close collaboration with a SmartSheet expert, is responsible for initial setup and ongoing maintenance. It wouldn't be as useful to us without the assistance of a SmartSheet wizard available only to our internal staff.

Teresa

Reviewed on 28/12/2023

Project Management Made Easy

Pros

It has been so easy to map out project deliverables, milestones, due dates, and stay on top of all of the projects going on with the team. It is also easy to pinpoint where a project may be stuck (for ex: awaiting stakeholder approval). Additionally, we are able to create dashboards to visualize resource utilization and we have also made use of the forms feature to collect user feedback amongst the team.

Cons

I am still tinkering and learning the tool, but would be nice to make it more interactive and collaborative. For example with other project management tools I've used in the past (Basecamp) we are able to attach creatives and directly send and alert a stakeholder to approve within the tool. Additionally, I dislike how I always have to press save when updating the project trackers as it doesn't autosave.

Top Smartsheet Alternatives

Jira Workflow Steps for Slack

Mmoloki Simon
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

My business deals with debt collections on daily basis,

it looked familiar and easier to use until I use it and realized that it is not what i thought it will be

Pros

It is user friendly though as i have used microsoft excel
Best in data saving and retrieval

Cons

Allows a single user at a time
fails to link external applications
Zapier friendly
Works better on simple or small tasks that does not require extensive work

Kelly
Kelly

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

All-inclusive project management software

I'm proud of the fact that I revamped several of the department's outmoded forms to make them accessible to everyone. Print runs were smaller and more people were talking in the paper.

Pros

When it comes to incorporating dependencies into a project plan, Smartsheet really shines. Plans for projects can be quickly converted into dashboards for straightforward, automatic reporting.

Cons

Smartsheet's gantt chart feature is useless. The gantt chart in this program is the most difficult one I've used to study. The grid layout makes it difficult for me to present my data, thus I usually have to export it to a different program.

Julianna

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

Smartsheet Review

Pros

I love that it a collaborative sheet. It is easy to keep track of on going projects and the status of the projects.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about smartsheets.

Valente

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Smartsheet is real Smart!

We started using this product during the pandemic and it made our lives easy. Many of us had to enter our health reports and by using Smartsheet's, we could do it with a few clicks or finger taps from our cell phone.

Pros

You can work on it from your office or cell phone with ease.

Cons

None. It is a great product which makes my work easier when in the office.

Christine
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/01/2024

Perfect Tool

Pros

I love all about smartsheet. It makes my life easier. I use this tool for my small business. One of the best feature they have is the Project Management where I can set a plan, track and manage projects. With this platform I am able to set due dates and allowing my team members to work together on projects. I'm very happy that I have Smartsheet in my life.

Cons

I love all about Smartsheet since the first time I tried it. All I can say is it's Perfect!

Destiny
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Useful Tool

Pros

What I love most about SmartSheet is that you can easily work collaboratively with a group of people. I typically hate group tasks but through the use of SmartSheet it is a breeze. I also love the calendar feature. It keeps everything nice and organized.

Cons

SmartSheet is a bit confusing to utilize at first but once you play around with the app and get used to it, it gets easier.

Luke

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Excel in the cloud + more

Easy to login and navigate around and requires little training to get users up and running. Excellent user experience and user interface.

Pros

Excellent functionality already incorporated and simple clean graphics. Very customisable and can be adapted in numerous ways.

Cons

There are a few differences and small limitations when compared to Excel but the functionality and collaboration is excellent

Ryan
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Smartsheet is a great Project Scheduling tool, and so much more

I love Smartsheet! It has become an indispensable tool in organizing and visualizing the work we do everyday!

Pros

Smartsheet is much easier to use for Project Managemen than the classic Microsoft Project software I was originally trained on. It allows people to manage work with the intelligence of a project scheduling tool, but with an easy to understand and use spreadsheet interface. Since Smartsheet is a cloud product, each Smartsheet is available from any computer by just logging into the website, or even from their mobile app. Another great Project Management benefits is that the Project Manager can share a Smartsheet with their whole team to collaborate together.

We also use the Smartsheet for Jira Connector which allows us to sync information back and forth between the two systems. Jira can be complicated to navigate, and the dashboarding can be really frustrating. This connector allows us to keep track of individual tickets associated with a project, and even lets us import massive data sets for analysis.

Finally, we have ended up using Smartsheet as a dashboarding tool. It's actually surprisingly good as a Business Intelligence visualization tool for keeping track of our projects, and for displaying Jira dashboarding.

Cons

Like any software there are small quirks I'd like to see changed, or hotkeys added, but overall I'm impressed with the constant cadence of feature updates and enhancements.

Adobe Workfront and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Smartsheet is easier to use, is cloud-hosted, and has online collaborative features to engage the project team and stakeholders.

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

Better collaborative and cloud-hosted options and a cheaper price point.
Cecilia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Awesome software

I love Smarsheet because it made my work easier. Now I can have collaboration from my entire company and get fast results.

Pros

-easy to use and costumize
-more than one user can modify simultaneously
-you can add your company's logo
-you can set group and individual reminders
- Cell history, which can tell who and when it was modified.
-different views: calendar, grid, card, and Gantt

Cons

- not all reminders can be set with time to remind
- can't add a conditional formatting based on time
- if your Smartsheet is big, formulas added can take forever to update the information, so you need to refresh it all times, even if you change settings to save automatically.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Smartsheet

Because I needed a tool that would have also a calendar view, and that could be exported to Excel format for future references.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Smartsheet

More options and could be tailored to our needs
Melissa
Melissa

Reviewed on 05/06/2022

Keeps us on track with our projects

People who already know Excel will like the ease with which they can get started, but if they're willing to dive further, they'll find many more useful advanced capabilities like automation. It has a lot of power. The preconfigured templates are excellent for getting you up and running quickly. The forms are simple to create and distribute. There is a significant amount of manual labor eliminated by the workflow automation. The design of the dashboards is superb.

Pros

Using Smartsheets is the best way for me to keep track of my progress, interact with my clients, and make my work visible to my boss. Tracking progress and keeping track of projects and todos has been a big help to me with the aid of Smartsheet. Increasing the level of transparency for the company's top brass as well as its customers.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about Smartsheet at this stage in our journey. We've only scratched the surface of what Smartsheet can achieve for our teams, but the value and efficiency it's provided us go well beyond what a shared spreadsheet or file could ever provide.

Venita

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

If you are old school Excel this tool is going to take some getting used to!

if you are new to Smartsheets and expecting it to be like Excel? Think again! While it may have a similar look and feel, it offers much more and can be confusing to use at first. However, don't worry once you get the hang of it you are going to LOVE this product!

Pros

SmartSheets is an incredibly powerful tool that offers much more features than Excel. Once you get the hang of it, you'll find that the possibilities are endless. The best part is that there are plenty of online tutorials available to help you learn and become proficient in using SmartSheets. With just a little patience and practice, you'll be a pro in no time!

Cons

One area where SmartSheets could improve is in providing more consistent and reliable customer support. While there are many online tutorials available, when users encounter issues that require more complex solutions, having responsive and helpful customer support can make all the difference in their experience with the software.

Brandon
Brandon

Reviewed on 24/07/2023

Our team uses Smartsheet for constant project tracking

With the SaaS solution Smartsheet, we've been able to build robust, individualized dashboards and perform integrations and data collecting from a single or several databases connected to customer relationship management tools like Jira and Salesforce. The ability to design individualized forms for content filtering has proved invaluable, as has the incorporation of features such as comments, reminders, attachments, and optimizations.

Pros

Every aspect of our sales activities is immediately managed through Smartsheet. Smartsheet serves as a central hub for all customer data entry for both our in-house and external marketing teams.

Cons

The customer service has a lot to be desired, with slow response times and ineffectiveness even when dealing with simple issues. There are a variety of aspects that might affect the overall usability, including visibility and user experience.

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Smartsheet streamlines our project processes

Smartsheet has simplified our team's ability to collaborate by allowing us to easily share and trade spreadsheets and datasheets. The data can only be seen and changed by authorized users.

Pros

The software provides an intuitive user interface and a wide variety of tools for data visualization and management, including dashboards, grantt charts, and data suttles. What I like best about Smartsheet is how it helps us streamline our project operations, especially while working on a particularly difficult or complex endeavor.

Cons

Microsoft Excel's formula functions differ from those in other spreadsheet programs, which might be confusing to beginners. When several, sophisticated formulas are included in the data sheet, its storage capacity is quickly exhausted. The sheet needs to be refreshed regularly to ensure that the data is displayed accurately.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Smartsheet - Functionality and Communities make this an indispensable application

Overall, my experience with Smartsheet has been wonderful. The extremely active Community has made all the difference in the world, answering questions within an hour or two. The staff are also active in the Community and you can see their passion for the application and truly helping their customers. Smartsheet is highly worth the investment.

Pros

Smartsheet has so much going for it. It truly fits the new technological world that we live in by providing more than just the basics. Being a cloud-based application (SaaS), and compatible with mobile devices, makes it more functional across the board. It mostly touts itself as a project management tool, which is very true. Most project managers utilize certain applications that require the project to be saved down to a file, which is not easily shareable. Smartsheet can handle the same project management tools and live in cyberspace that can be utilized by numerous people, which different levels of access (viewing, editing, administering) and different views (tasks, gantt, kanban, etc.), and allow people to make comments, add attachments, and more. The most use I have made of Smartsheet within my organization is using it like a spreadsheet. I'm able to have numerous sheets for different departments where they have access to only their own sheets and update only what they need to update. Then I can create a new sheet that combines information from all of the sheets that will auto-update from the original sheets. I can also create reports and dashboards (with charts, metrics, etc.) based on information from all the different sheets. It's quite functional and utilizes much of the same fundamental logic that Excel provides. The Smartsheet website has an extremely detailed (and searchable) Help section and very active Community. Even includes videos to help guide!

Cons

Smartsheet does have some limitations. Most specifically, it isn't Excel and it isn't Project, so users shouldn't expect it to do everything those applications can do. However, there are times when it seems obvious that a particular functionality should be included that isn't. With that said, Smartsheet does a great job of listening to the Community and is constantly improving the application with enhancements to help the Community with its most voted on requests. Another thing that is frustrating is when an error pops up. More often than not, the error is written in a way that doesn't tell the user how to fix the error. Again, when this happens, I just reach out to the Community and get the answers I need.

Collaboration made easy

Smartsheet saves us time and makes it easier to collaborate and share updates across all of our projects. We appreciate the constant improvements and the walk through introduction when bigger changes are rolled out.

Pros

Smartsheet has been a lifesaver for group collaboration. My team runs multiple projects simultaneously, and the scopes of these projects are constantly changing. Smartsheet allows for the team to update their pieces of the puzzle and send alerts about changes in one environment. We've actually replaced endless back and forth emails with the comments function in the comment section so that all pertinent information about an issue exists in the platform itself for easy reference.

We can track our gantt chart, program data, and group communications in one place. I=

We're also utilizing Smartsheet for people outside of our organization. Smartsheet allows us to select the type of visibility that clients have to data (through settings or via dashboards) so we can control the story that we're sharing with our clients. This has been a big time saver as it eliminates the need for extra reporting on data that is already avilailable online. Our clients have shared positive feedback about Smartsheet forms which we've been using to collect survey data and for event registration. The forms have allowed us to cancel our account for SurveyMonkey (which we used for several years previous to Smartsheet).

Cons

The main pain point I have with Smartsheet is the fact that not all of my favorite Excel formulas work in Smartsheet. The formulas also don't always work the same way as they do in Excel so there's a bit of a learning curve.

Smartsheet needs to allow a Time function. We use Smartsheet to register individuals for events, and right now we're having to program Time as a text. This means we can't use formulas to change times based on Timezones.

I also still miss when the recent sheets appeared as tabs at the top of the webpage. The new recent tabs menu works well, but I found the tab view easier to navigate.

Darrin
  • Industry: Government Administration

Quick points

Pros

·Being able to share a spreadsheet with other users in real-time.
· Like that users can complete a form to populate a spreadsheet to include uploading documents and that update requests could be sent to that user if a correction needs to be made or additional info is needed. The user then make the change(s) to the cell requested.

Cons

·Recently a change was made whereas a non-licensed user can no longer send update requests. We use Smartsheet to have student teachers complete some info pursuant to state law. When the student makes an error, we used to send an update request to have them correct a cell. Now only a licensed user can send those notifications, so we most likely will utilize regular emails for these changes or not use Smartsheet for this work.
·As of Monday (9.30.19), how the system used "comments" changed from a pop-up box that let you enter into a field, save that info and now click anywhere and that pop-up box disappeared. Now it opens "Conversations" which now blocks the right side of the spreadsheet and you must now click on the X to close it out. It also holds all of the comments made to the entire sheet which is more info that I need. Typically if a comment is added to a row, I just click on the comment bubble to that row instead of viewing all of the comments to the sheet.
·When an update request is sent and the person makes the correction, this information is not clearly discernible when viewing the sheet. Turning on notifications turns on too many notifications so this was not an option. The workaround is, I add a "note sent"column that I check when an update request is sent. I then review the sheet and look for rows that have "note sent" checked and now no longer have the pending update icon to look for corrections.
·Need better form controls (field limits, date fields, etc.).

Kat
Kat
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 14/07/2020

Fantastic tool that is growing quickly!

I'm a huge fan of Smartsheet. I would highly recommend their annual conference - ENGAGE. It's a great mix of presentations of use cases, tutorials, hands on workshops, networking, and a glimpse into their roadmap.

With Smartsheet, we've saved time on existing processes and been able to build out new processes we weren't able to streamline/automate before Smartsheet. It also is so helpful with managing data integrity and auditing when/how things are edited. We also use it quite a bit to collaborate externally - that alone has made Smartsheet worth it.

Pros

There's a lot to like about Smartsheet. You can get simple business processes converted quickly. The automation 'designer' is so easy to use and it's quite intuitive. Permissions are easy to manage without feeling overwhelming. Their training center is one of the best I've seen. Our Account Team is also phenomenal. I can't say enough about them. They never make me feel like they don't have time to talk use cases, strategies, or even one off questions. They roll out new functionality often enough to add value but not so often that you can't keep up. Smartsheet also really values their customer's feedback - highly recommend their EAP.

Cons

Smartsheet is great in so many ways but there are some functionality missing that would make a massive difference in the amount of processes I could move to Smartsheet - cascading dropdowns, setting a field's value with automation, setting a form field's value based on another field or formula, editing an existing item via a form (not an update request), extract time stamping from cell history to be able to report on it. I would also like to see more consistency in the functionality across different apps within the platform. Overall, I'm able to find workarounds to most of the functionality wish list and with their ability to turn out new features often throughout the year, I don't consider these as deal breakers.

My other pain point (though it's also helpful in some ways, especially for small businesses) is how tiered the features are - meaning that you do have to purchase premium apps/add ons to leverage the full power of Smartsheet. That gives a lot of flexibility in how you want to scale but is also a bit of a pain as an end user, making the case for purchasing the add ons that will help my processes even more.

Maarten
Maarten
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

A powerful tool for rapid, automated, information sharing without jeopardizing privacy

I have used SmartSheet for a number of years with different project teams and different applications. The software is incredibly versatile and lends itself to every imaginable aspect of the projects, from planning and scheduling meetings to tracking and and documenting closeout requirements. The automation options along with the display variations and the accessibility via multiple device types and input devised provide meaningful, clear and up-to-date information to a large variety of people with equally varied technological backgrounds and communication styles. During the work day, my SmartSheet portal is always open!

Pros

SmartSheet provides an easy and efficient means of sharing information in a spreadsheet style format with web-forms that are readily accessible and editable from portable devices. The information from these web-forms can be set to auto-populate on the parent-sheet where the information becomes accessible to all authorized users at the click of the "update" button. For example, during the COVID-19 pandemic, a employee health status sign in sheet was created on short notice and sent out to all relevant parties via email as well as by posting a QR code at the job sites which all workers can scan with their mobile devices and fill in the form on line. The relevant information gets forwarded to main sheet accessible at the main office (nearly) instantaneously. The display options of the sheets are numerous and varied, very useful for different circumstances and audiences.

Cons

The functionality is quite similar to that of an Excel spreadsheet, but my recurring stumbling block is that there ARE some differences. That being said, SmartSheet does a wonderful job of expanding the function library constantly, which makes it an ongoing task to stay up-to-date with what is new and possible (this is both a Pro and a Con since the library is so very dynamic)

Jason
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Smartsheet 2 Year Review

Overall this has been a great program to use. With constrained budgets to work with, this offers tremendous bang for the buck. It is not very difficult for savvy users to become highly proficient with this product and develop organic business solutions.

Pros

This product has revolutionized the way I manage my team. I am able to use Smartsheet to track many different projects and annual work goals for my team. My staff appreciate the increased autonomy Smartsheet has brought to us. Their goals and metrics are clear and they feel more ownership over their work. Other teams have started to use Smartsheet for their own business purposes and this is making its way through the organization.

Cons

Some of the drawbacks about Smartsheet that makes it hard for our Data and Development Analysts to implement include the inability to paste a large number of rows into a grid. Our IT requirements also include having a test and development environment for the analysts to use and Smartsheet doesn't seem to have this. As a supervisor I would also appreciate it if the dashboard charts could be a little more Smart and pull data more dynamically from the source grids without me having to make manual adjustments. My colleagues would also like to see more ability to schedule blocks of time with the calendar integration like we do with Google Calendar. There is a workaround for this, but it isn't palatable for everyone.

Maximiliano
Maximiliano

Reviewed on 30/03/2023

Managing Projects Made Easy: A Review of SmartSheet

I find SmartSheet to be a highly effective and flexible tool that allows me to manage complex projects and collaborate with team members. The real-time task tracking and deadline monitoring features help me stay on top of my work, while the collaborative tools facilitate communication and information sharing with others.While there are some challenges to using SmartSheet, such as the complexity of some of the advanced features, the benefits of the tool far outweigh any drawbacks. Overall, I would highly recommend SmartSheet to anyone looking for a powerful and versatile project management and collaboration tool.

Pros

There are several things that I like about the tool. One of the features that I enjoy the most is the ability to collaborate in real-time with other team members in a single centralized location. This means we can work together on a project without the need to send separate emails, spreadsheets, files, and other documents.Another important feature in SmartSheet is the ability to create custom spreadsheets and forms to collect information more effectively. This allows all team members to have access to the same updated information in real-time and avoids duplicated efforts.I also find the task tracking and calendar functions useful, as they allow me to have a quick view of deadlines and tasks that need to be completed in the project. In addition, SmartSheet's process automation helps simplify repetitive tasks and saves time in project management.

Cons

The interface, while intuitive, can be overwhelming for new users who are not familiar with project management or spreadsheet software.While SmartSheet offers a wide range of templates and tools, some of them may not be customizable enough to meet specific needs. This can be frustrating at times, especially when trying to create more complex spreadsheets or workflows.Certain features like reporting and charting could be improved to provide more flexibility and customization options.

Yevstakhii
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 21/05/2023

My expirience of use Smartsheet

Smartsheet is a widely used collaborative work management platform that offers a range of features to help teams plan, track, and manage projects effectively. Here are some aspects of Smartsheet that I have highlighted as positive experiences:Powerful project management capabilities: Smartsheet provides users with a comprehensive set of project management tools. I can create and assign tasks, set due dates, establish dependencies, and track progress. The platform offers flexible views, such as Gantt charts and Kanban boards, allowing me to visualize and manage their projects in a way that suits my preferences.Seamless collaboration and communication: Smartsheet enables teams to collaborate efficiently and communicate effectively. I can share sheets with team members, allowing real-time collaboration on tasks and projects. The platform supports commenting, file attachments, and discussion threads, fostering collaboration and reducing the need for multiple communication tools.Customization and automation: Smartsheet offers customization options that allow users to tailor their workspaces and workflows to their specific needs. I can create custom templates, define automation rules, and set up workflows to streamline my processes. These features enable teams to automate repetitive tasks, improve efficiency, and standardize their work.

Pros

1. Project and task management: Smartsheet provides robust project and task management capabilities. I can create and assign tasks, set due dates, track progress, and manage dependencies. The platform offers various views, such as Gantt charts and Kanban boards, to help visualize and manage projects effectively.2. Collaboration and communication: Smartsheet enables seamless collaboration among team members. I can share sheets, collaborate in real-time, and provide comments or feedback directly on tasks. The platform also supports file attachments and discussion threads, facilitating effective communication and reducing the need for multiple tools.3. Customizable workflows and automation: Smartsheet offers customizable workflows and automation features that allow users to streamline their processes. I can set up automated notifications, reminders, and approval workflows, saving time and ensuring tasks progress smoothly.

Cons

1. Limited customization options: While Smartsheet provides customization options, I have expressed a desire for more flexibility in tailoring the platform to my specific needs. For example, I have requested additional customization options for visual elements, user interface, and form designs.2. Formatting limitations: I have occasionally faced challenges with formatting and layout options in Smartsheet. For complex or detailed formatting requirements, I have found the platform's capabilities to be somewhat limited compared to dedicated spreadsheet software.3. Performance with large datasets: Smartsheet's performance may be affected when working with extensive datasets, particularly in terms of loading times and responsiveness. I work with sizable projects or large amounts of data and have occasional delays or sluggishness.

Nathan
Nathan

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

SmartSheet - A different approach to project management tools

Project management is a very important part of any Business operation and as such, its important to explore options. Smartsheet appeals to us because we have a strong background with Microsoft Excel and adopting it has been easy.

Our goal is finding a project management solution that works for our teams and ensuring that they actually use it. While everyone has their personal preference, SmartSheet was a better fit as a lot of our teams already use Excel extensively.

Pros

SmartSheet is a good project management tool that has an interface similar to Excel.
Pros:

1. Multiple Project Views - Project managers will appreciate the multiple viewing options such as Gannt and Kanban, standard spreadsheet and even a calendar view. Many options for different managers.

2. If Spreadsheets are your thing, SmartSheet is worth a try - If you and your team use spreadsheets a lot, you may appreciate that SmartSheet is based off the concept of spreadsheets, you can adopt and add different sheets for a variety of projects. So whether basic or advanced, a host of users can easily adapt to Smartsheet if they know how to use a spreadsheet, even to the point of adding formulas and formatting of cells. This is a huge selling point which makes SmartSheet a good option.

3. As Good as Project Management tools get - As a project management tool Smartsheet covers the basics. You get milestones, task management, comments, collaboration and project management and as mentioned before the view options.

4. You can add collaborators to a project for free - A good thing is that you can add multiple “users” to access Smartsheets without paying extra. If you do need to give them more privileges, there are options to set them up.

5. Support for Smartsheet is stellar - There is a thriving community of users and help guides and videos if you ever find yourself stuck and not sure what to do.

6. Smartsheet also integrates well with Microsoft Office 365.

Cons

There is not a lot to gripe about SmartSheets other than on occasion, the app can lag or suffer an error and finding what error it is and how to fix it can be a little frustrating.

There is a limitation with exporting reports. If you want to display data in a visual way, you may need to manually extract the data and then add it into another application. If the reports feature could be improved and maybe export in a usable format it would be a solid winner.